Profession Locking Poll - February 16th 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

As others have said, get rid of the “[Profession] Win” daily. Half of your problems will disappear right there.

People still seem to be grasping at nonsense. Having 3+ of one profession on a team is a bad thing. Nobody with any sense does it on purpose. The matchmaking system throws a team together and sometimes it happens. The ability to swap prevents stacking. If people want to play the latest flavor of noobstomper, they’ll just queue as that, not swap to it.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

unfortunately it seems like yes is winning.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I understand the intent clearly, but if this passes, some teams will lose matches based on their comp before the match even begins, and not be able to do a thing about it.

Nothing kills competitive spirit like not being able to influence the outcome of the match.

The ideal would be allowing swapping up till match start, disallowing after start, and hiding the enemy comp until match start.

what do you guys think about this?
seems like a good idea to me.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Well if you get stuck on a team with 3 necros and no support you can’t swap so it’s probably GG right there unless the other team is really bad.

Idk why taking the control away from players is a good thing.

The current matchmaking system can’t even do some really basic stuff (eg. not put legend duos vs gold players) and you guys wanna trust it to make you a good team where nobody can swap class or build (because lets face it, 1 minute isnt enough to full change build w/o template).

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

I am so confused. Why are people acting like swapping to counter is a bad thing to the point we need to hide enemy team comp?

Um, why is this bad? Why do we need to hide enemy team comp? Are we just supposed to run blind and then strategize and not strategize splits beforehand?

Like I realize that’s what people in bronze do, but I have no desire to see that sort of randomness anywhere outside of bronze hell.

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

I am so confused. Why are people acting like swapping to counter is a bad thing to the point we need to hide enemy team comp?

Um, why is this bad? Why do we need to hide enemy team comp? Are we just supposed to run blind and then strategize and not strategize splits beforehand?

Like I realize that’s what people in bronze do, but I have no desire to see that sort of randomness anywhere outside of bronze hell.

because counter comping is not skill. Its just build wars 2. Oh look enemy team has 3 thieves lets just all swap to DH. EZ win so much skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

i think that class locking should ALSO come with a change to the daily “class victory” cheevos. the cheevos should be changed to simply “win x matches in PvP” (regardless of classs/es used)

– The Baconnaire

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Is there a SINGLE worker at Anet making these calls/decisions who placed at platinum? I need to know. This is just a terrible idea on so many different levels.

There was a Anet tag in HotM that had a legendary tag. I couldn’t find his account on the leaderboard, so I suspect that Anet accounts can’t get leaderboard spots.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I voted yes, simply on the HOPE that this gives ANet some concrete metrics for BALANCE and then FOLLOW thru with said changes.

It would be nice that “build templates” were a thing before something like this gets implemented. But what can you do.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

It makes me truly sad to see so many people voting to KEEP exploiting and team stacking. It shows a real lack of sportsmanship in my opinion.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

PLEASE!!! NO!!! I want to stack in next season~~! Again

Attachments:

in PvP

Crinn.7864

It makes me truly sad to see so many people voting to KEEP exploiting and team stacking. It shows a real lack of sportsmanship in my opinion.

Nobody is using class swap to stack teams. People use it to UNstack teams because stacked team are 100% worse than balanced comps.

Also comp dependent classes like necro use it, since certain enemy comps are make necro literally unplayable.

YouTube

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

The reality is that people use swapping to stack dh and war. It’s been a plague for a couple of seasons now and it’s an exploit.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

I’m confused how ideas like this are even presented when it is WIDELY known how imbalanced classes are. You are setting yourselves up for failure, when you are locking people into playing games with 3, 4 or even 5 hardcounters on the enemy team.

There is currently NO definitive way to determine what the enemy comp is based solely on their class markers. You are going to pigeon hole builds EVEN MORE than they currently are, because of this uncertainty. God rest the souls of those who play non meta, and their teams. If a player is disallowed to switch to a better match up then you are forcing wins/losses based SPECIFICALLY on build choice. That is akin to criminal, cruel and unusual punishment.

I’d argue that this would INCREASE certain class’s representation, as it would be FAR more safe to queue as DH/War than essentially ANY other class, as they are the most flexible in meta/viable build.

I am more blown away by this than the silent slow slaughter of your pro scene. No added “feature” to matchmaking would be able to feasibly compensate for this change; if truly balanced matches are the goal.

Is the direction the Balance Team is heading Paper Rock Scissor or not? You really need to establish this, and you need to do it before patching this change.

It is LITERALLY my birthday, this made me sad, ON MY BIRTHDAY.

(edited by Vicariuz.1605)

in PvP

xeonage.1253

There are some main problem that “can not allow class stacking” cannot make any change for them. We can see
“Off + Def same time spam”
“Teef PI head shot+dodge spam”
“Warrior heal 1000hp per sec”
“block block block+heal heal heal+AOE+huge dmg range spam”
“block block block + burn YOU in A sec condi(50000-70000BUNING)”

Do you have confidence to balance them?
If not, pls let us stack and change class, I don’t want a fight that
“Have not yet begun to know the outcome”

in PvP

Crinn.7864

The reality is that people use swapping to stack dh and war. It’s been a plague for a couple of seasons now and it’s an exploit.

I’ve never seen that happen at any point. Ever.

And no class swapping is not a exploit, I don’t think you understand what a exploit is.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Good idea, terrible poll.
First thing you need to remove is the class daily win. It’s completely and utterly pointless and causes needless classes to be over represented when their daily is up. Just make it into daily win. This from the start removes part of the problem.

This ^-^

Or an daily achiv , that you must collect 10 ’’stars’’ to complete it .
(winning gives you 5 ….
loosing 500-400 gives you 4 ….
playing with the curent 2 daily proffessions achiv gives you 5
playing some characters that are not over represseded (or amulets) that the sysstem chooses gets you 5…
.and getting specific ‘’top stats’’ awards some points too) :P

Just make it so that you have to score 500 points on a single profession. Winning a game will instantly complete the daily, just like now. If you lose, you can still progress the achievement through straight grind if you wanted to. Or hell, ANet could even make it 500 points total, on however many professions if you want. As long as the class specific portion of the daily is removed though it will be a huge plus.

I agree that this class specific wins for daily achievements are a large problem in regards to class stacking.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

lol

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

The only practicable method for removing stupidly stacked hard counter teams is to LOCK PROFESSIONS.

It is patently false that locking professions would fix game results, unless anet neglected to lock that out of the matchmaker.

I’m 40% confident that they would not miss for such a thing.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I’m not sure if this has come up, but your poll is already biased… So the data you get from it will be skewed in favor of yes. I don’t think I’m the only one that, upon reading “profession locking”, I figured this was a poll to lock professions during ranked, to avoid stacked teams. Something the community has been requesting for a long time. When I read the details I realized it was quite different. You should rename it to “Character bound queue poll”. It may be too late, but just reading people’s responses, it’s obvious some people are misunderstanding the poll.

(edited by Loboling.5293)

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I’m not sure if this has come up, but your queue is already biased… So the data you get from it will be skewed in favor of yes. I don’t think I’m the only one that, upon reading “profession locking”, I figured this was a poll to lock professions during ranked, to avoid stacked teams. Something the community has been requesting for a long time. When I read the details I realized it was quite different. You should rename it to “Character bound queue poll”. It may be too late, but just reading people’s responses, it’s obvious some people are misunderstanding the poll.

That’s a huge problem with this poll. The wording is horrible, they need to explain that the advantage of allowing Single Class is the fact you get separated ratings for each profession ensuring more balanced matchups.

Someone in Gold playing an Elementalist, may not be as skilled playing a thief as someone who mains a thief in Gold.

So this player feels that he cannot play a thief, simply because he would cause a loss for his team by swapping to one when he clearly does not have the experience in Gold with Thief.

I really hope that this is simple majority. This would make GW2 heaven for me, I am a bit upset how people voting don’t even understand the difference and advantages that I am afraid the game designers may say they aren’t going to make the change because it’s close in opinion.

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Just a simple question:

How do you think a team have ELE vs a team no ELE in same level?
How do you sure every team have a ELE? How long are the queue time if you sure every team have a ELE and that ELE with a heal bot build?

You should never put a full support in the PVP that you have a great balance before HoT. Now we see the ELE just a heal bot and he must be a heal bot.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Just a simple question:

How do you think a team have ELE vs a team no ELE in same level?
How do you sure every team have a ELE? How long are the queue time if you sure every team have a ELE and that ELE with a heal bot build?

You should never put a full support in the PVP that you have a great balance before HoT. Now we see the ELE just a heal bot and he must be a heal bot.

If you are actually that worried about Team composition then maybe you should petition for Full 5v5 team queue instead of in the randomness that is Solo Queue, Just saying. Players make their choices when they queue on a class so let their choice be final, it’s simple and will give Anet a plethora of data to see what the Overused/overtuned classes and they can balance accordingly, this is compounded by the fact they allow players to Class stack and since certain classes Stack extremely well while others can’t is another disparity that needs to be addressed and actual balance can happen.

in PvP

Posted by: HsienMing.9043

HsienMing.9043

Does it mean that class swithing during the match will be unavailable in both cases?

Yes. We will disallow swapping characters once the 10 second countdown begins. This prevents things like playing 95% of a match and then swapping for profession achievements.

I think you may want to mention this directly in the poll link. People seem to be very confused and uncertain about how this is going to work, and I am as well. If it works like this, then it would work well.

BUT you would want to remove the profession-specific daily winners. As someone has said, this encourages class stacking the most, because everyone wants to win on one of the four professions. Daily warrior winner? Sure, let’s have 4 warriors on the team and go out Blitzkrieg style! Cause if they switch, it’s then another match they have to play to finish their PvP dailies. If it’s just a daily PvP winner, everyone can play to their strengths, which means encouraging class swapping, and makes for more interesting matches.

The problem is, I for one am not a fan of increased matchmaking times. Perhaps allow a class stack of no more than two of the same class during the matchmaking process, and then allow people to switch during the 90-second prep time if need be.

(edited by HsienMing.9043)

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

…….
The ideal would be allowing swapping up till match start, disallowing after start, and hiding the enemy comp until match start.

This

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

• If we had real build diversity
  • If we had build templates
    Then it would be fine to lock professions, because we could adapt the build to the situation.

A team is more than the sum of its parts. The added accuracy of the “class MMR” is meaningless compared to randomness you have from team comp. So at the end, the real “team MMR” (not just the sum of individual MMR but the actual efficiency of the team including synergies) will be much less accurate with this change.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

cuz that’s just a game of hot potato.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Blacksheep.8932

Blacksheep.8932

Great idea, everyone should vote yes.
One of the reasons myself and many others I’m sure, have quitted the game is the frustration of wanting to play your main class, and having to deal with whatever is the flavor of the month class stacked 2-3 times almost every game because people switch to it to “counter” you,

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Why not make a 3rd option: You pick a radio button called “multiclasser” that has its own MMR for your account (like a 10th class’s MMR) that allows you to change your class pre-match and uses your “multiclass MMR.” If you don’t select that radio button, it uses your class-specific MMR and you can’t swap.

Players that are vastly different skill levels on classes will want to queue as only a single class to avoid being over their head on their worse classes. People who only play their main will single-profession queue. People who multi-class or play at high levels where evening out team comp is important will be able to swap.

If this is not possible, you MUST allow class swapping, or else the following serious problems will drag down pvp.

1. First and foremost, classes that rely on proper comp (dps builds needing support like a necro or support classes who need enough dps to actually kill others) are extremely handicapped and will not be played very much. Everyone will gravitate towards the bruiser classes that work well in every team comp, or the classes that have a couple of viable or near-viable builds so they can play alternative roles (like remorseless ranger and support druid). Is anybody EVER going to queue as rev knowing that half the matches they could be stuck against condi mes and necro with no cleanse support, making the match 4v5?
  1. Without swapping, teams are heavily restricted from trying to turn a bad comp into a good one. If you have a team that has a ranger and ele, and both want to play dps, what is the mesmer, thief, and rev on the team supposed to do? For that matter, when double-thief happens, you can’t even have one swap.
  1. As others mentioned, there will be even MORE pressure to play meta. “You are the ele on the team, play d/f support, stop being stupid!!!”
  1. It removes part of the game for high-level players who adjust their own comp to match their team needs or prevent enemy hard-counters.

For these reasons, you can’t class lock with the state the game is in. If every class had a viable support, dps, and bruiser build, then it wouldn’t be a problem. As it is, however, most classes have 1 truly build, and 1-2 fringe builds that are often just variants on the same role.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Why not make a 3rd option: You pick a radio button called “multiclasser” that has its own MMR for your account (like a 10th class’s MMR) that allows you to change your class pre-match and uses your “multiclass MMR.” If you don’t select that radio button, it uses your class-specific MMR and you can’t swap.

Players that are vastly different skill levels on classes will want to queue as only a single class to avoid being over their head on their worse classes. People who only play their main will single-profession queue. People who multi-class or play at high levels where evening out team comp is important will be able to swap.

If this is not possible, you MUST allow class swapping, or else the following serious problems will drag down pvp.

1. First and foremost, classes that rely on proper comp (dps builds needing support like a necro or support classes who need enough dps to actually kill others) are extremely handicapped and will not be played very much. Everyone will gravitate towards the bruiser classes that work well in every team comp, or the classes that have a couple of viable or near-viable builds so they can play alternative roles (like remorseless ranger and support druid). Is anybody EVER going to queue as rev knowing that half the matches they could be stuck against condi mes and necro with no cleanse support, making the match 4v5?
  1. Without swapping, teams are heavily restricted from trying to turn a bad comp into a good one. If you have a team that has a ranger and ele, and both want to play dps, what is the mesmer, thief, and rev on the team supposed to do? For that matter, when double-thief happens, you can’t even have one swap.
  1. As others mentioned, there will be even MORE pressure to play meta. “You are the ele on the team, play d/f support, stop being stupid!!!”
  1. It removes part of the game for high-level players who adjust their own comp to match their team needs or prevent enemy hard-counters.

For these reasons, you can’t class lock with the state the game is in. If every class had a viable support, dps, and bruiser build, then it wouldn’t be a problem. As it is, however, most classes have 1 truly build, and 1-2 fringe builds that are often just variants on the same role.

That is the very reason why you need to vote “YES”, when the imbalance in the game becomes so apparent..it won’t be possible to hide anymore behind the curtain of silence..you vote “NO” and current OP specs will fly under the radar for another season

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Wow, the poll is a tight neck and neck. =/

This also brings up the stupid profession daily wins, which also throw your MMR Balance out of whack, along with account MMR instead of profession MMR.

The other problem is when the game puts you into a class stacked game… So people swap out to not class stack. It’s a double edged sword really. So if you remove the ability to swap, you absolutely must use remove the class stacking element from matchmaking, and the profession win dailies.

Another suggestion would be for us players to ‘Register’ upto 4 professions for the League Season, which would share MMR. The rest would not be able to queue for ranked.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I see very good oportunities with locking. Shure build diversity matters if locked and saved build templates for easy change before match start would be realy good.
Most players don´t swap classes. Shure good players that can multiclass do it. Even i do it swaping war/ele if i see a benefit but i won´t miss it. I hope for more useful traits to allow more diversity in a class but i agree that per class MMR used in MM is a very good thing!
If this poll doesn´t lead to per class MMR used and maybe in the future score then its a waste.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

That is the very reason why you need to vote “YES”, when the imbalance in the game becomes so apparent..it won’t be possible to hide anymore behind the curtain of silence..you vote “NO” and current OP specs will fly under the radar for another season

But classes that are good in every comp aren’t necessarily OP, they are just bruisers that are good in 1v1s and decent in teamfights. Like support or marauder engie, zerker/condi warrior, condi mesmer, healing druid, and dragon-hunter: its never really a problem to have too many of these bulids on your team, and not all of these are OP.

It is good that there are different roles in pvp (bruisers, roaming dps, support, teamfight dps), but some of those roles you only need 1 of.

The OP specs get played a lot whether people can swap or not. Not being able to swap, however, just makes matches a crapshoot as to what comp MM gives you, with no ability to fix a bad comp by swapping.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

But classes that are good in every comp aren’t necessarily OP, they are just bruisers that are good in 1v1s and decent in teamfights. Like support or marauder engie, zerker/condi warrior, condi mesmer, healing druid, and dragon-hunter: its never really a problem to have too many of these bulids on your team, and not all of these are OP.

It is good that there are different roles in pvp (bruisers, roaming dps, support, teamfight dps), but some of those roles you only need 1 of.

The OP specs get played a lot whether people can swap or not. Not being able to swap, however, just makes matches a crapshoot as to what comp MM gives you, with no ability to fix a bad comp by swapping.

Bruisers that can 1vs1, teamfight and offer decent support can be easily stacked to obtain dominance in a random soloq scene, I believe they hard destroyed ele for the exact same reason.

Conveniently they added the “no stacking rule” after the ele glamour so that equally OP specs managed to fly under the radar for months to no end

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Be creative and swap build. It might not be as optimal changing the role as another class with it but it can counter or surprise with huge impact. It´s just diffrent.
When people see me on ele the assume support. And then i kill beasts in a few seconds and down thiefs or engies on point faster then a warrior … I win a match due to peope underestimating my damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

well it seems to be graviating towards no, but yes is still winning. Aside from all the good arguments made for making an ideal teamcomp if your enemy team has too many hard counters. At the same it’s possible that players will be playing classes with as less counters and is the least dependent on team comp as well Since they cannot influence the match anymore other then figthing fate. U might see an influx of more warriors, dragonhunters, druids and scrappers. Bassically all these classes that rotate to the flavor of the month of complaints could even be more overepresented. At the same time I also notice that players have purposely voted yes just because A it’s a change and or B so that the developers can see which classes are over reprsented, Which is just a flawed way of thinking. The matchmaking also partly decides the effectivness and representation of a class. Why do u think an ESL thief is so much more effective and even hailed as a gamemaker in tournament play but is in lower levels of play less effective and have people even ask 2 thiefs to reroll? It’s because tournament play has the no class stacking rule. Heck necromancers perform so much worse then dragonhunters in solo queue yet they shine in the highest level of play. Honestly the devs should have enough ways to determine wheter a class is OP or not, espically after such a long time but i digress. At the same time there is indeed build diversity but there is such a large difference between meta level builds and good builds that u have noticably outskill your opposition. Some of them bieng even more dependent on team comps due to thier added weaknesses. Because honestly outside from meta builds doing thier job better in a team game. they also simply fit in one of the two categories 1 They are build incredibly balanced that even thier supposed weaknesses aren’t a massive hindrance 2 A certain aspect of a build far outweighs the weaknesses they might posses in a team.

Where as the good builds simply are viable and fall in one of the following categories: 1 they are balanced but simply do thier job noticably less effective 2 They are viable but have a noticable weakness that can be exploited. GS hammer for example is balanced but it simply doesn’t hit hard enough. Fresh Air has a big weakness against spike damage and heavy condi pressure. While it’s true that u can swap utilities and even take the water traitline. U give up even more defence against direct damage. ie u have to pick and choose.

Heck that is just good builds. U can even argue that there is a noticable difference between meta and great builds tough not as large as with good build.

Dagger pistol>>Vault spammer
Medi trapper>>Symbolic avenger

then add in that players locked would have to manually swap builds to compensate. The problem is that because of that difference in effectivness not every player has to change. U could have a dragonhunter stay on medi trapper and just wreck a power ranger, the druid changed build because they otherwise had too much sustain

Honestly not a fan of this. Assuming the yes vote wins, If the system doesn’t just create optimal team comps on top of battleling class stacking. I’m not even sure if will play in season 6. I would have to seriously consider that.

in PvP

Posted by: Zlater.6789

Zlater.6789

I want to have control over the outcome of a match, I want my side to have the advantage and I don’t ever want to lose.

That’s why I vote no, because I want freedom and control and I want to be able to manipulate the match in my favour. Anyone who says my way of thinking is wrong,
doesn’t play pvp to win.

I think matches should be locked after the warming up phase, but I don’t think we should be stuck during the warming up phase. Because THAT time is the time you are supposed spend preparing and getting ready for a match, including getting your team ready. If you lock it, get rid of the warm up time or allow premade teams, and stop wasting my time.

And this is an example of why PvP is in it’s current state.

What state? There is no state of good or bad, there is no advantage or disadvantage no imbalance.
There is only gain or loss. The cheapest legendary ever, a full set of ascended gear with hot stats available, enough gold to live off, and tonnes of champ bags, mats etc etc. These are some of the things avaliable, and really all without a lot of effort.
The only thing that would affect your ability to get these things, is your ability. If you don’t have the ability to stand on point, to use a viable build or play a better suited class is nobody’s fault but your own. As the saying goes, a bad tradesman always blames his tools.

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

i guess most writing here are very good players. Please think about that platin and above is a huge minority and then look at the change again.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

This is a huge no. Any team with an ele in it is hugely favored to win over the latter.
Just balance the game so that druids and elementalists aren’t so strong on their own. It doesn’t make sense that an auramancer, that provides crazy healing, protection and ultilty, should also be able to stalemate any class 1v1 on point. Same goes for Druid, one of the best 1v1 classes in the game, has crazy survivability, team healing and burst damage. If a player wants to play a support class, they shouldn’t be unkillable as well.

You already know that unkillable bunker meta does not work in this game. You nerfed Spirit ranger, bunker guardian, bunker warrior, chrono, and even ele once already. Nerf survivability of support classes instead of overbuffing Necros and boon strip and the game wont be as miserable to soloQue into for the player who can’t multiclass.

If this change goes into effect, it looks like I’’m maining ele/druid to carry my games because support is just too strong.

Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

This is a terrible idea but I still voted yes because at least its a change.

It is a bad idea because it leads to more bad feeling in games with things like 3x necro or 3x thief comps which are not fun to fight with or against.

Secondly, you are the designers. It is literally your job to make these decisions. You have the experience not us.

Hopefully it will force their hands to stop Profession stacking, or to actually balance the classes for the game mode

Profession stacking is a red herring. That is what I am saying. Anything they could do to fix profession stacking will have much worse side effects than the small benefit of fixing profession stacking.

I would like to see this chage for a laugh though

It is not a red herring are you telling me there are no such thing as comp losses? Even though it evens out over time I would perfer these kinds of uncompetitive matches not to exist. They could at least try and see how the queues explode if it even does. You know most people just chase what they think is most powerful thats why we see so much stacking to begin with. They could also look at trying to ban duplicate builds/amulets instead of classes. There is plenty of things they could try. I don’t understand the fear of experimentation. They could hot fix stuff in a day if it was that bad if they wanted to. Stop making excuses for them. Lots of people want fairly rigid class rules against duplication in the matchmaking why in the world couldn’t we try it and see what happens?

Comp loses only occur when skill is very very close. So skill is the overwhelming factor in deciding games. Any change which makes the skill based MMR worse (as it must) in order to stop profession stacking is counter productive. All that matters is that balanced and fun match ups are created. Any additional constraint on the matchmaking algorithm will prevent this.

Putting this decision out as a poll when ALMOST NOBODY has knowledge of how matchmaking algorithms work is utterly ridiculous. It is why we have representative democracy and not direct democracy. What next, are we going to get a poll on what programming language they should use for guild wars 3? It is absurd.

They are the designers. Any change that prevents profession stacking in the matchmaking algorithm will have unintended consequences which anet have no explained. I have tried to explain it. As someone with actual knowledge of such algorithms I am trying to educate people about this. If you open your mind up you will see that what I have said is logically infallible.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

(edited by Rickster.8752)

in PvP

Posted by: Glael.7643

Glael.7643

Tbh I voted “no” because this would just support class stacking which really should be removed…

main necro,thief
nerf thief, nerf it all

in PvP

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

I voted Yes because I do not view stepping out of a match to pick up a different profession as being very competitive. No competitive game that I can think of allows players to do this mid-match. There have been matches where players just continually swap in and out after they die (on both teams) desperately trying to counter each other and honestly it felt silly. This would make profession win achievements a bit harder (I swapped for wins on a few of them, hypocritical I know) and increase queue times but I personally think it would be worth it. If we truly would get balanced matches out of it that would be excellent.

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

It´s logic that classes better suited to have an impact in uncoordinated solo Q will be played more. I think it will only be marginaly more due to the few swapers that go for a counter or drop second thief will be gone but double class should already be much less.
I am quite shure after the last update i did´t encounter triple class on one side and noticed more match preparations going back to Q.
And why support class stacking? Mobile damage or self sustaining brusiers usually work better in the current Q system then annything relying on teammates. It´s a mind thing to differ between 5 man premade meta and solo Q.
Per class boards and more accurate MMR due to class MMR is a good thing. The only thing is that the few that do adapt to team composition have to use build not class swap. I am quite shure that the “swapers” are only a small part of the playerbase. Shure they see it as “skill” to adapt and taking an advantage off always leads to complaints.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

I voted Yes because I do not view stepping out of a match to pick up a different profession as being very competitive. No competitive game that I can think of allows players to do this mid-match. There have been matches where players just continually swap in and out after they die (on both teams) desperately trying to counter each other and honestly it felt silly. This would make profession win achievements a bit harder (I swapped for wins on a few of them, hypocritical I know) and increase queue times but I personally think it would be worth it. If we truly would get balanced matches out of it that would be excellent.

That’s not what Yes means. Anet is going to lock people into their pick after the match starts regardles of what you vote, this poll is about whether you should be allowed to change before the match starts to get a better comp.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I voted no. People do not seem to realise that team composition is not the problem. Balance is as close as we will ever get to perfect right now because every single profession is viable at top level. Changing class to counter the other team is an important part of the game and locking professions could lead to getting a trash comp and the other team getting a good one and you will not be able to do anything about it.

All voting ‘yes’ to this poll will do is make matches more unbalanced. People need to see that it will only harm the game if profession locking is brought in.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

That’s not what Yes means. Anet is going to lock people into their pick after the match starts regardles of what you vote, this poll is about whether you should be allowed to change before the match starts to get a better comp.

kitten you are right that is my mistake. I must have read a suggestion and I interpreted the poll that way. I was under the impression that profession-specific MMR meant that teams would also be balanced according to a profession matchmaking algorithm that would alleviate getting profession stacks to begin with.

in PvP

Posted by: Nacht Fuchs.3762

Nacht Fuchs.3762

This change only makes sense if you also introduce custom build templates. That way players would be able to adjust their comp even though locked into professions!!!

Introduce custom templates already!

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Agree to custom templates. 2-3 stored builds per class would be great.

in PvP

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

If profession MMR is used for matchmaking, will we have profession ranks as well? Like your Engi is in Platinum, your Warrior in Gold and your Necro in Silver?

And if Yes wins, will switching to a different character of the same profession still be allowed? Many players use multiple toons per class to make changing builds easier. If changing amulets, runes, sigils and traits is allowed in warm-up, then switching to character of the same profession should also be allowed.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

This is a huge no. Any team with an ele in it is hugely favored to win over the latter.
Just balance the game so that druids and elementalists aren’t so strong on their own. It doesn’t make sense that an auramancer, that provides crazy healing, protection and ultilty, should also be able to stalemate any class 1v1 on point. Same goes for Druid, one of the best 1v1 classes in the game, has crazy survivability, team healing and burst damage. If a player wants to play a support class, they shouldn’t be unkillable as well.

You already know that unkillable bunker meta does not work in this game. You nerfed Spirit ranger, bunker guardian, bunker warrior, chrono, and even ele once already. Nerf survivability of support classes instead of overbuffing Necros and boon strip and the game wont be as miserable to soloQue into for the player who can’t multiclass.

If this change goes into effect, it looks like I’’m maining ele/druid to carry my games because support is just too strong.

LOL, gl trying to “carry” matches on ele..you will spend 3/4 of your time praying for a decent team