PvP: Season 5 Ranked Queue Poll (Closed)

in PvP

Posted by: Grant Gertz

Grant Gertz

Producer: WvW, PvP, and Fractals

Next

A message from the PvP Team,
The new PvP Poll is up!
https://feedback.guildwars2.com
Please share your thoughts and feedback on the poll in this thread!

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

Why isn’t poll working for me? it directs me to https://account.arena.net/overview page…

in PvP

Posted by: pixie.5940

pixie.5940

Poll…doesn’t work. It takes me to store/account page.

in PvP

Posted by: Adavid.1524

Adavid.1524

I am not totally opposed to the general idea of the solo/duo queue. However, making larger groups unable to play ranked during the league is a terrible idea in my mind. What about guilds and groups of players that focus on pvp and actually practice a competitive 5 man team? Where are they supposed to play? Unranked will typically be no challenge whatsoever for them. When else is a guild team or general 5 man team of pvp players supposed to compete but during the league?

That being said, I think having a separate queue for solo/duo and groups would perhaps be ok, besides the likelihood of long queues for groups and possibly increased for solo/duo queues.
Personally, I’ve very rarely had bad experiences in the leagues facing organized 5 man teams. Most games are just pugs or maybe a 2 man group anyway. However, I can see how some people could have had a different experience with that, but without a way for 5 man groups to also enjoy competitive pvp I cannot support the idea as presented.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Sad to see this poll driven approach infect spvp as well as WvW. There is no need for this poll, it is quite obvious the vast majority want a solo/duo queue.

And for those who don’t see the poll page you have to logout, go to the page and log back in then. There’s something wrong with their coding.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

this Poll…doesn’t work at all . It takes me to store/account page. and no polls at all hope this is fixed soon

no new system upgrades coming

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

works fine for me

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

I have edited this post.
I agree with Lord Helseth’s reasoning to vote for Solo Queue, he explains it best.

As someone who plays MANY different competitive games in solo queue, it’s easy to spot the issues with games that have a dynamic queue. Many competitive scenes have learned from this and separated the queues…those which didn’t fell off the map after a few seasons (if that).

Majority of my PvP climb here wasn’t with a group at all…and I eventually got myself up to Legendary. Like Lord Helseth said, this actually felt like an achievement…especially when it became clear that people who were premade and in Diamond/Legendary were easy to point out (meaning they wouldn’t have made it there without a premade). That’s what the season, especially season 4, ended up being.

After playing tons of games, I knew who was good individually. Players, myself included, knew who was a solo-queue player and knew their skill level. Those were the players I respected…those are the players who made the game competitive…those are the players who made the game fun. Each of us knew the strengths and weaknesses of each other and respected each other highly. It was good. It felt right.

Sadly, it never lasts. All it took was a premade group to ruin these moments that we longed for. Sure, sometimes us solo-queuers beat the full-guild-premades…but that was usually because the system didn’t kitten us over with the whole forced 50%, MMR, pip, and whatever else nonsense…but those few moments did not absolve the fact that the system is trash.

We all voiced our opinions on why Solo Queue needs to be a thing. We all voiced our opinions on the flaws of the system… When you have opposing players in ranked feeling sorry for you for being on the short end of the stick (meaning, good players are punished for solo queuing), you know there is a problem. People KNOW you are good, you proven you are good…yet, Dynamic Queue and the system says “Nope. Solo Queuers should not be as good as you, it’s unheard of”…that makes you not want to PvP.

Countless times I wanted to give up or take the route of grouping up (more than duo)… But at the same time, I wanted to prove a point that Solo Queue to Legendary is possible. Sure, I butchered my stats getting there, but it honestly felt like an achievement.

I met very good solo players this way…and those moments were PvP felt right. And I may not be the highest MMR player, but I’m proud that I did it wasn’t a premade effort.

Solo Queue has my vote.

(edited by LUST.7241)

in PvP

Posted by: Sinister.5689

Sinister.5689

How on earth is reducing it to only solo/duo a viable option? I know it was present in the old system but along side a team queue. Here’s a crazy idea what about the possibility of any team composition and ensuring that the opposing team has the SAME composition. If people want to play as a 3-man group and complain about queue times they can either wait or split into more popular group sizes.

I think most people are just sick of facing 4-man premades vs a solo team.

in PvP

Posted by: Nelson.7485

Nelson.7485

DH should be nerfed.

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

Keeps redirecting back to store/account page. Even after typing in addy directly.

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Not working for me either

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in PvP

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

And the poll doesn’t even work properly…

Seriously. This is a 5 vs 5 man game. I wanna play this in a party. In SoloQ my contribution to the match – as 1/10 – is ca. 10% (unless I’m a very good player, very bad player or a massive troll). It’s roulette decided by factors like MMR I don’t know and therefore can’t even remotely calculate.

How does anyone think it’s a good idea to make this SoloQ only? You’re just making the problem worse, not fixing it. If this gets through there will be even less active players in season 5.

People while whine anyway, but now their whining will stop me from playing pvp. GG I guess.

(edited by Ashamir.9574)

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

• Why not have a teamQ and a solo/duoQ in season 5?
  • Even if its only testing wouldn’t having 2 seperate Queues also reflect better and more realistic experience for season 6?
  • If we actually conduct a poll after season 5 when there’s only solo/duoQ, who can accurately represent teamQ’s perspective in ranked?

These questions I mentioned are objective questions, I’m not even putting any emotion when asking them. So do spare me the “solo players had terrible past history when vs premade” argument.

Statistic 101: poll conductor can easily generate bias with careless phrasing, that is the true danger of using a survey to find out popular opinions, not to mention a close-ended question one.

This whole poll need adjustment and more clarification.

in PvP

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

link does not work…

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

For those the link doesnt work for:

Log out your account -> click link / type address -> log in -> wait for re-direct -> vote

in PvP

Posted by: pilip.6753

pilip.6753

We need more details for this…

Does larger groups would be able playing ranked games ?

in PvP

Posted by: mattemahticker.6895

mattemahticker.6895

Hi everyone!

During the last seasons I’ve played almost exclusively soloqueue in sPvP and I’m sick and tired of having to go up against premades.
This leaves me with basically two choices: not play pvp at all or find myself a team.
Now, last season I tried this with two friends of mine and the result was still not satisfying. Yes, I got the desired success, but the games were still no fun – it was just one-sided.

So in my opinion you simply can’t have solo/duo queues mixed with premade teams. Three players with TS is such a huge imbalance, that it starts to ruin the game for other players.

For the players that want to have competitve games as a team, I would suggest
- a seperate queue
- custom arenas
- community organized tournaments (why would it always be anets responsibility…?)

kind regards

in PvP

Posted by: Xarin Sliron.5307

Xarin Sliron.5307

shouldn’t you look at how the change affects player populations instead of re-polling? the poll will likely be biased in the direction of those who stayed, namely the solo/duo quers

in PvP

Posted by: Haszim.2471

Haszim.2471

• Why not have a teamQ and a solo/duoQ in season 5?
  • Even if its only testing wouldn’t having 2 seperate Queues also reflect better and more realistic experience for season 6?
  • If we actually conduct a poll after season 5 when there’s only solo/duoQ, who can accurately represent teamQ’s perspective in ranked?

I totally agree with you. It would be the best solution. Current system doesn’t work good and we all know it. Removing 5 men teams “might” make matchmaking more balaced but still it won’t be satisfying for all.

As for the poll it’s not well made . All of the poll options are just bad. It’s like to choose the lesser evil . The last option: “Don’t count my vote” is like paradox. Next time add something like “Neither yes or no” so at least you would know that the idea is not bad but has to be reworked.

in PvP

abaddon.3290

shouldn’t you look at how the change affects player populations instead of re-polling? the poll will likely be biased in the direction of those who stayed, namely the solo/duo quers

no because ill still vote no but i wont be leaving. i go with the flow anyway. just my preference.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Lowquality.3029

Lowquality.3029

This, to me, is a copout. Why would you eliminate people with more than 1 friend from being able to play together? If you are going to implement this change based on most of the players who are crying because they get rekt solo queing, and then REMOVE stronghold from the game and give us proper GvG…either 6v6 or 8v8. You are basically making sPvP into random arenas and telling everyone who likes tactically rich team play to go jump in a lake…not cool

in PvP

Posted by: Victim.3910

Victim.3910

You should not make it solo/duo only. Maybe as a separate queue, but not a standalone thing. Being coordinated is what ranked is about and how are groups to practice for higher play without first testing themselves in the community? I’d have voted yes if it was to add a new system, but its a no from me for replacing the current one.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

although i voted for yes, i did it only because i want an ADDITIONAL soloQ/duoQ. I do NOT want to be forced to play unranked with my team, which provides no challenge whatsoever.

That being said, I am absolutely convinced, that, since this is a 5v5 team game, that you need to give people a strong incentive to play as a team. maybe apart from this stupid league/division trashloot-system, that’s not worth anything anyways. i’d like to see a proper ELO-based ranking, with automated tourneys, maybe make them time gated, starting 19:00-24:00 or something, to bundle the teams. hell, maybe bring back ESL-weekly. I don’t have the ultimate solution for you guys, but i can tell you one thing:
GW2-PvP is not a self runner. that much has been clearly proven in the past. you have to get active as devs AND as a community. bring back the competitive spirit of PvP, eliminate stupid pve-rewards, or make them all PvP-exclusive again. (I know, most of us were in favour of those changes back then, but seeing how this all played out, i’d rather take back the community as it was before and around 2014, before the reward tracks were introduced, before hordes of afk-ing and flaming freaks took over ranked Q, because all they care for are their PvE-reward, not the game itself... )

Remember early Counter Strike? There were no ingame rewards whatsoever, all there was were servers you could join and tourneys and ESL a bit later and it turned out one of, if not THE most successful esport game ever. I’d like to have that feeling back. I want to compete for the sake of competition. i want to compete in order to build my team, strive to get better, enter tournaments to win or lose, improve ourselves in every step of the way, but i can not do that without your help as devs, since everyone is focused on winning 2g in the dailies and getting super important pve-loot and an e-kitten enlargement for the legendary token next to their name.

i really hope your next approach to pvp brings back a strong pvp-spirit and you’re not driving this game, the best pvp-combat mmorpg at the moment, into a wall. i really do.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

Best solution is the return of:
Solo queue & Team queue! (+ Remove the class stacking)

And you’ll start to have a better game for the future.

Subdrop

in PvP

Posted by: Eagelseye.6312

Eagelseye.6312

Please don’t destroy the game by removing teamQ. This will destroy the concept of people forming guilds, getting into teams, becoming friends and playing together. MMOs should encourage team formation and bringing people together. PvP is a team game, please don’t destroy it by removing teams from ranked.

If you need to have both, then have separate Qs for solo/duo and teams or different leagues for both..

PvP mail DH and Thief, PvE main Staff Tempest/Druid/PS

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

The poll has concluded! The final results (not including “Don’t Count My Vote”) are:

79.1% Yes, restrict ranked queue to one or two-player parties for Season 5.
20.9% No, do not restrict ranked queue to one or two-player parties for Season 5.

This means Ranked Arena will be restricted to solo players and two-player parties during Season 5. This change will not affect off-season Ranked Arena or Unranked Arena. After the end of Season 5 we will re-evaluate the experience and poll the community again to decide if the change should become permanent for all ranked seasons. Thanks for voting and we look forward to the changes coming to ranked play!

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Rincewind.1207

Rincewind.1207

Well , I am glad to see solo/duo q ….. what I still wait to see is GVG ranked fights ! WvW is long dead and pvp is focusing in the majority of solo/duo pvpers ! ! ! Many people need a Guild ladder / a GVG system !!!! Please take it in consideration !

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Wow, so now we can’t play with out friends in a competitive environment? What the kitten is happening with this game? It’s become so casual…

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in PvP

Posted by: Rabidd.9458

Rabidd.9458

Wow, so now we can’t play with out friends in a competitive environment? What the kitten is happening with this game? It’s become so casual…

More people play in solo/duo parties than full stacks. Y’all had your fun of stomping solos with your full party, now let others have some balanced fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Exalted Quality.8534

Exalted Quality.8534

So can you now complete sPvP guild missions by yourself or are you removing them from the game? Did anyone stop to think about that? Solo/duo Q is a cop out. Come up with some semblance of GvG before you force people that enjoy a team PvP experience to find another game to play.

Follow me on Twitch!
http://twitch.tv/optimalquality

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

You can still have fun with friends, just one of them at a time, and not as a 3 to 5 man stomping solo queuers :]

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

LOL if you thought ranked was competitive for teams. SMH

The 20% who voted no are probably the ones who enjoyed pug stomping with their premades.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

The people who voted no are likely stronghold farmers exploiting a terribly designed game mode.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

The 20% who voted no are probably the ones who enjoyed pug stomping with their premades.

thats the problem it should be a competitive enviroment for teams (it isnt now on that we agree)

but it should be… clearly

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

thats the problem it should be a competitive enviroment for teams (it isnt now on that we agree)

but it should be… clearly

Yes and to be competitive there also needs to be a team Q just for 5 man premades.

Funny though when that happens all those people who say “why cant I play with some friends in a ranked q”, will suddenly not want to play with their friends anymore because then they will really get stomped by the truly competitive teams. That’s when you will get proper teams being formed and well thought out class comps. The “Play with friends 5 man premades will all of a sudden be found in unranked”

(edited by Spartacus.3192)

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Well , I am glad to see solo/duo q ….. what I still wait to see is GVG ranked fights ! WvW is long dead and pvp is focusing in the majority of solo/duo pvpers ! ! ! Many people need a Guild ladder / a GVG system !!!! Please take it in consideration !

Im at a loss here as well.

Ok sure it MIGHT be good that we get solo/duo ques in ranked but does it fix Match Making?

Will it be a 50/50 ratio?

How about a leader board? New rewards for Guild Halls or just useful rewards in general?

Seriously what if S5 rolls around and its a different system but no real reason to play/grind away games?

This one is on us, we said hey go ahead and take away competitive team play without even knowing if they would add in anything else. Honestly a majority of the premade complaint posts come with questions. For instance the thief who ran P/P complaining about a premade or the signet warrior.

Oh well another patch goes by and 1/2 of the community says its a good thing witht he other 1/2 saying its not. Knowing that this doesnt fix any of the issues.

This and facebook is great, its like the episode of south park when they force stan to vote for a kitten sandwich or barf burrito and in the end his vote doesnt even count. I got Gw2 patching and the presidential debate. Life at its finest.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoberraz.2694

Zoberraz.2694

This makes me so sad.

Ranked matchmaking certainly had issues, but one problem it didn’t hagve was that it didn’t prevent me from playing with my friends. We’r eoften usually 3 together to fight in teams trying to climb the ranking pips ladder.

Now, either I’ll be cut out, or we’ll be a duo and the latest to log in will just have to suck in on doing ranked progression together.

And no, I donm’t think this really fixes the underlying issue – it just covers it up with a ragged carpet. No accolades from me on this one.

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I voted no and I’m a solo queue player.

We all had game where we got wrecked, even by pug team. I don’t really see how guilds and premade are a problem. Maybe it’s because I’m only an early diamond, that’s why I would get no more than 5% of full premade….It might be a problem on legend…

This is just another “Hum…I lost, Ahahah they have a premade, this is not because of me ! pfiou I’m saved for another day….” moment.

Now, the big question is, how will you manage the group feature ? limits it to 2 people and the first two to join are the happy winners ?

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

poll closed after 8 days ?

that’s not enough feedback received.

what was the poll about.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I didn’t vote as I didn’t see this, but I would have voted Yes.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

“we want our game to be esports so the first thing we do is remove the ability of playing with an organised team.”

10/10 would get trolled again.

PS: I apologise for pvp teams because I actually voted yes and thought that a separate teamq would be obviously included in case of success.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

abaddon.3290

premades on average lost half of all their games.
hows that pug stomping?

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

What? Was the vote really about having solo/duo queue only? I voted yes but wouldn’t have done so in that case.

in PvP

Posted by: Atrox.9216

Atrox.9216

Yeah nice now I can´t fight together with my mates in ranked. What then? Going unranked and fight against newbies? Where is the challenge then?

Just implement ques for 1,2,3,4 and 5 man groups. You can also pare 5vs4+1 or 4+1vs3+2. Such matches are stil fairly balanced.

There are so many possibilities to manage the current problem but you decide to make GW2 a soloPvP game. I thought it´s a MULTIPLAYER Online Role Play Game.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

hows that pug stomping?

You have official stats to back this up?

Because from my personal experiences whenever I was the solo guy put in the same team as a 4 man premade I won way over 70% of the time. When I was in a full solo or duo team vs a 4man enemy team I lost most of the time. That’s why I voted yes because in my personal data set I was at an advantage when I was in the premade team and a disadvantage when I was not. (even when playing solo)

In absence of clear unbiased data that’s all I can go with.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

What? Was the vote really about having solo/duo queue only? I voted yes but wouldn’t have done so in that case.

Yes, apparently a lot of people simply do not read instructions even when it is clearly spelled out.

in PvP

abaddon.3290

hows that pug stomping?

Because from my personal experiences whenever I was the solo guy put in the same team as a 4 man premade I won way over 70% of the time. When I was in a full solo or duo team vs a 4man enemy team I lost most of the time. That’s why I voted yes because in my personal data set I was at an advantage when I was in the premade team and a disadvantage when I was not. (even when playing solo)

sorry i cant provide the source. but many others will agree and might have it. anet has said previously that premades only win around half their games. it was 48% or 52% i cant remember.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

hows that pug stomping?

sorry i cant provide the source. but many others will agree and might have it. anet has said previously that premades only win around half their games. it was 48% or 52% i cant remember.

That 50% statistic was for a FULL 5 man vs FULL solo q and that’s whythey implemented a rule so a full 5 man team would never meet a full solo again to please the masses. However, that doesn’t stop 4,1 team facing a 1,1,1,1,1 team. ANET did not give out those statistics.

Until ANET provides data on how a 4,1 team does vs full solo or vs 2,1,1,1 teams we have only our own experiences to go by.

in PvP

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

Yes, apparently a lot of people simply do not read instructions even when it is clearly spelled out.

Is the original text of the poll still available? Of course it can be my fault, but I read it as “Do you want a solo/duo only queue?” instead of “Do you want a solo/duo queue only?” Could also be a bad translation as I voted over here in Germany.