Relevant to your interests: Upcoming Balance Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Shrapnel Grenade: Bleed duration on this skill has been reduced from 12 seconds to 10 seconds.

Irrelevant. If you have bleed on you for tat long anyway (whilst they are spamming you) then you will die anyway. They could make the bleed last 5 seconds and it would make no difference.

Drake’s Breath: Burning applied from this skill has been reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds per pulse.

Same applies here. If you have burning on you for this long vs an ele you will die anyway. Reducing its duration is a total irrelevance.

Corrosive Poison Cloud: The casting time of this skill has been reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds. The cooldown on this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.

Finally the cast time reduction which I have asked for a long time. Either way you can’t run it as a necro as you need two stun breaks to not get rekt.

Your nightmare run change is a buff. So thanks for that. And you might changes do completely nothing. They are so minor. And no nerf to celestial is comical.

These balance changes change nothing. I suppose its the tiniest of improvements. The absolute tiniest. So lets all wait another 6 months for anything that actually changes anything.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Hey Eles and engis stack too much might and abuse dat cele amulet!?!?

LETS NERF EVERYONE WHO USES MIGHT!!

Logic2gud

Welp.. Don’t do something like increase might durations on any other class who don’t abuse might as well as 2-3 cele builds.. just nerf might all around..

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

People are asking for PvE to be harder, nerfing might slightly will make PvE harder.
Problem?

Nerfing DPS doesn’t make PvE harder, it makes it more tedious.

Considering that PvE revolves around being full offensive and killing things before they kill you, I’d say it’s a slight increase in overall difficulty.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-cant-we-have-difficult-content

People are asking for PvE to be harder, nerfing might slightly will make PvE harder.
Problem?

Visit HotW for a few times, then come back and tell me about nerfing dps again. Raising killing time does not making anything harder, it makes it only more tedious.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

As a cele ele I think sigil of battle nerf is good, and might stack reduction was also good. Now eles will not be called OP due to their might stacking nature. However engineers need to be toned down with their CC/condies. At least add some tells on Rifle 4

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

As a cele ele I think sigil of battle nerf is good, and might stack reduction was also good. Now eles will not be called OP due to their might stacking nature. However engineers need to be toned down with their CC/condies. At least add some tells on Rifle 4

You would say that

If eles got a direct nerf you would QQ.. But since everyon got a might nerf you’re okay with it and then want direct nerfs for other classes….

dis community i swear

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

However engineers need to be toned down with their CC/condies. At least add some tells on Rifle 4

And increase CD on Gear Shield or lower the duration because it’s insane.

in PvP

Posted by: Uuni.6091

Uuni.6091

You know, you could think about all the things that DID get done and not the things that DIDN’T get done since it’s impossible to have true perfect balance in any game.

They took 5 months to make practically non-existent changes that anyone with more than 100 hours in sPvP could have made in about 30 minutes. It’s garbage and they aren’t even trying.

Don’t try to shill with your ‘there can’t be perfect balance’ garbage. Good balance = changing balance where a site like metabattle only acts as recommendation not the end single best build for any given time. What’s your incentive to defend the cancer that’s been killing the game since the release (slow and misguided balance patching)? What’s in it for you to have this game die a slow and painful death?

(edited by Uuni.6091)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Where is the Celestial amulet nerf? Do not even tell me this is not going to be solved this patch..

lol its hilarious really. Nothing done to reduce celestial or those player sustain.

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha, some bads who didnt want their kitten to get nerfed claimed “might is the problem guys” and so they didn’t nerf celestial or the op classes. Hilarious.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Don’t try to shill with your ‘there can’t be perfect balance’ garbage you moronic pile of human filth.

So I’m a ‘moronic pile of human filth’ for trying to promote the positive side of the update. Right.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

We really need a balance team. I keep saying that.

How could they miss anything related to turret engis? They also didn’t fix nade kit.

Overall, a lot of changes but not the ones that are needed.

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

However engineers need to be toned down with their CC/condies. At least add some tells on Rifle 4

And increase CD on Gear Shield or lower the duration because it’s insane.

Yea how about we just delete the engi class since nobody understands it but it’s OP so nerf away!
It’s like how people cried about warrior. That they have crazy healing condi removal immunity invuln and they also bleed immobilize and cc with hammer while also removing all the conditions and after you are low hp they eviscerate you. And after eviscerate there comes a final thrust with 100% crit chance from passive play. While also stacking 25 might obviously.

These balance changes are stupid because they should have just removed the amulet instead of nerfing literally everything around it.
If overcharge shot will have any animation whatsoever it needs to have no self knockback too.

in PvP

Uuni.6091

As a cele ele I think sigil of battle nerf is good, and might stack reduction was also good. Now eles will not be called OP due to their might stacking nature.

The issue never really was just the might stacks. The nerfs they give to drake’s breath was far more substantial than the might nerf and even that’s missing the point what makes DD cele ele so good.

The ultimate strength of DD ele is that it’s a jack of all trades, master of all. You got infinite boon spam to the point where nobody can rip all of it, you got condi pressure, you got burst damage, you got extremely high mobility, you got insane healing, excellent support, you got CC spam, you got lots of ways to void burst, you are slippery as all hell and you have no downtime.

The only thing that cele DD ele struggles against is hard CC chains like fearmancer or hambow and even then they got no chance of actually killing you 1v1 because they don’t have a fraction of the mobility you do.

This nerf didn’t do much other than shave a few percents off the condi pressure and even less off of the power damage, thus addressing none of the core design flaws of ‘jack of all trades’ build

in PvP

Posted by: jim.5380

jim.5380

1) nerfing might stack doesn’t hurt toughness and healing (engi warrior ele which are all celestial!), BUT it hurts more their counters which is thief mesmer guardian(staff)….. bad change
2) nerfing dragons breath and auto attack on lightning is acceptable but what about the engies? You just buff engies even more on holding / 1v1 / team fight by nerfing eles their somehow counter-class, the nerf should be on both simultaneously.
3) There is still fire/air, battle(nerfed ok) or doom + intelligence, geomancy/doom sigil stacking what about that? do u think they add skill to the game? No, they add rng please remove double sigil of the same type stacking
4) Intelligence sigil, WHY every glass cannon has to get hit once by a stun to die?
5)Thief why is daze trait still so important on my trait lines?? I main a thief. This trait needs to split daze and steal cd on 2 traits.
6) Turret engi? why cant i play soloqueue with peace of mind?
7)Celestial amulet that causes warriors-eles-engies to be sustaining the game and have it so easy at the moment by kittening up rotations and game-play and teamplay can u explain to me why it still exists?
8+9+10+11+12+9000) Where is the engi nerf? Where is the sustain nerf on this game? You ruin a very fine mechanic game by making it sustain and failfriendly.

Jim battlemaster qualified to pax #5QP #1 soloqueue 2 times #1 teamqueue several(team spots)

Jim Battlemaster

(edited by jim.5380)

in PvP

Uuni.6091

Don’t try to shill with your ‘there can’t be perfect balance’ garbage you kitten.

So I’m a ‘kitten’ for trying to promote the positive side of the update. Right.

I did edit that out, it was uncalled and I apologize, I get really aggravated when professional game developers make so awful decisions and people praise them for it. There’s no ‘positive side’ to this update other than what you have fabricated in your mind though. I can’t fathom what is your rational behind such point of view anyhow, what does it benefit you that we get miniscule balance tweaks that don’t fix any of the issues with several months of downtime in-between?

If minor tweaks like this rolled in weekly or bi-weekly and the bigger changes and overhauls came with the current patch-schedule I would see where you are coming from but the current way this game handles balance is just a joke.

(edited by Uuni.6091)

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

As a cele ele I think sigil of battle nerf is good, and might stack reduction was also good. Now eles will not be called OP due to their might stacking nature.

The issue never really was just the might stacks. The nerfs they give to drake’s breath was far more substantial than the might nerf and even that’s missing the point what makes DD cele ele so good.

The ultimate strength of DD ele is that it’s a jack of all trades, master of all. You got infinite boon spam to the point where nobody can rip all of it, you got condi pressure, you got burst damage, you got extremely high mobility, you got insane healing, excellent support, you got CC spam, you got lots of ways to void burst, you are slippery as all hell and you have no downtime.

The only thing that cele DD ele struggles against is hard CC chains like fearmancer or hambow and even then they got no chance of actually killing you 1v1 because they don’t have a fraction of the mobility you do.

This nerf didn’t do much other than shave a few percents off the condi pressure and even less off of the power damage, thus addressing none of the core design flaws of ‘jack of all trades’ build

I feel like Ele is meant to be the jack-of-all-trades, which is fine, so long as they don’t become the master-of-all-trades. I think that’s what the nerfs were trying to accomplish, as they saw the Ele’s capabilities fine except that they were far too strong to be called a “jack”.

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

First of all, I seem the might/mightstacking slight nerf a change in a good direction (Might is an issue in both PvP and “somewhat in PvE” because it leads us to the Berserker PvE meta, but the slight might nerf doesn’t affect that much on PvE, really).

It’s true that a Celestial can stack 25 might easily, but that’s not likely to happen, they tend not to Blast on the Fire Fields because they’re moving, so it’s true that a great amount of the “constant” 15-20 might stacks comes from the Battle Sigil and in my opinion, just that slight nerf will make Celestials to take more time to stack might (and to ramp up their damage), even if it’s just a little.

If there’s more frequent Balance Patches, they can track how the nerf did and adjust it (nerf it more or buffing it). With that I mean that they may have done a little nerf now, but if they plan to balance frequently it’s a nice way to start off, watching how that little change affects the overall gameplay.

It’s just my opinion, I liked the changes… and I gotta try that Invigorating Precision buff on S/P Thief ;P

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Overall good changes, looking forward to the patch.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

You all complain about not nerfing the cele amulet but if you think about staff ele, that actually uses cele amulet and is way far from being as good as dd ele, you might realize that it’s not only the amulet. Cele ele staff build usually has only 2 blasts and you can’t use them at the same time which is 2 blast finishers less than dd ele. Survability on staff is slightly higher than dd ele but you do way less damage. Guess why…

And if you want a true balance, then please nerf air/fire, too. You all complain about passives from cele classes but those sigils are major bs, too. Fighting a thief can result in highest damage being taken from just sigils. That’s ok with you all? And speaking of which intelligence and doom could use some nerf, too.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Decent changes but there wasn’t enough here.

Ele will still be fine, it just means you will actually have to go 0 2 0 6 6 for the fury on aura so you can do damage in absence of the lost might.

Engi will still be broken.

Mesmer did not get enough. I also find it funny that TW got buffed after I debated TW with Grouch on twitch chat a couple weeks ago that it needed a cd buff or to become a glamour.

Necro got some ok changes, I know a lot of my necro friends are very happy about the CpC buff. Signet of locust is interesting.

For thief I find the invigoration precision a very interesting change. A 7k backstab will heal you for 1050 which isn’t that bad honestly. That means two 7k backstabs will be equal to mug, and that’s in a 6-8 second cooldown, rather then the 21-35 second cd of steal. They still will hard counter other zerker classes except med guard, so whatever.

Warrior got buffed. I am completely baffled on how they got no nerfs.

I cant comment on guard and ranger as I don’t play enough of them.

All in all, if this will be monthly or bi-weekly, I am excited. If this will be another 6 months, then this was a disappointment.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I’m not really sure these changes will change nothing, We can see now how a double bunker + 3 zerker comps (like TCG, 2 cele + 3 zeker) can do really well against a 4 cele/5 cele or soldier/1 zerk.

Hambow warrior was nerfed too with these changes (+ ele celestial/engi) so i think we’ll see a meta more shifted to zerker setup instead of a pure tank/bunker comps. Mesmer torch was buffed + TW.

Is it a buff for TCG comp? Maybe, i think it will be really interesting to watch next tournaments. I think TCG and 55hp with Strong mesmer meta will do the difference.

My two cents.

in PvP

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

The change on Deception is nice to have but won’t change much.

If you’re 1v1ing a thief and you go down but the thief is 10% hp, he can’t stealth stomp you anymore, which buys you time to kill him with illusionary rogue, which will also lead to possibly winning downed fight.

I’m aware of that. However, I’d still argue it won’t matter much. In your example, the Thief is most likely to stealth again. Ergo, no iRogue. The change buys you some minor time. This will only make a difference in those scenarios where an ally arrives during that time.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

Overall, good changes. Though, I would’ve preferred something to be done about celestial amulet rather than the sigils themselves and might. I also feel like nightmare runes should be reworked completely as even after this patch there will still be no counterplay.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Posted by: LordKage.9135

LordKage.9135

Looking forward to the patch.

Try Tô Kill Me // Engineer/Warrior/Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Good changes, lets see how it plays out.

in PvP

Uuni.6091

And if you want a true balance, then please nerf air/fire, too. You all complain about passives from cele classes but those sigils are major bs, too. Fighting a thief can result in highest damage being taken from just sigils. That’s ok with you all? And speaking of which intelligence and doom could use some nerf, too.

The biggest issue with air+fire are the low cd’s and that it’s impossible to see them coming. If this game had a proper UI elements to indicate what the enemy is running and whether it’s off CD or not it wouldn’t be as big of a deal IMO

I don’t think intelligence is as much of an issue as some of the absurdly bloated damage numbers skills have in this game (read: eviscerate) that break any cooldown:difficulty:damage ratios that can ensure that no skill gets way out of line.

(edited by Uuni.6091)

in PvP

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

Overall all good changes, let’s see how it plays out.

However I doubt that any of the meta builds that run CelestialAmulet+Mightrunes+BattleSignet will change to lets say ZerkerAmulet + OgreRunes + Air .

Even with the loss of ~150Power it’s still superior for their playstyle.

However we will have perhaps a new Sigil in the meta, Superior Sigil of Torment , its really very strong on certain speccs.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Some nice changes, but not enough.

Elementalist needs a reduction in survivability.
Suggestion: Reduce the overall Regeneration and Protection Uptime. I’d touch ‘Elemental Attunement’; reducing Regeneration and Protection to 3 seconds base. Regeneration from ‘Soothing Disruption’ to 4 seconds base and Protection from ‘Armor of Earth’ to 4 Seconds base.

Engineer Damage + Group Support.
How about: Reduce Base Damage from ‘Grenade Barrage’, ‘Shrapnel Grenade’ and ‘Freeze Grenade’ by 10%. Reduce Poison Cloud Duration from Poison Grenade from 5 to 2 seconds.
Reduce Radius from ‘Healing Turret’ from 480 to 180.

Mesmer Phantasmal Mage and Phantasmal Warlock: Increase velocity of their skill’s projectile for a reliable hit. A reliable Phantasmal Warlock might be too strong, how about as compensation decrease the Extra damage per condition from 10% to 5%?

Necromancer Needs some life pool after spawning in pvp.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Patchi.9061

Patchi.9061

Paw Paw here,

As a PvP fanatic and kitten Esports team, participated in many ESLs and Mistpedias and Side tournaments (and still do) please take into account my suggestions as they are coming from experience and many discussions with other PvP fanatics that know what they are talking about.

I love the nerf on the sigil of might, and I can see what you are trying to accomplish with the other classes by buffing up the underused weapon sets such as shield in guardian, torch in rangers and what not!

However, you guys have missed out on some major changes on what’s currently considered overpowered and requires a balance.

Starting with my own class, Engineer.

With the nerf of Sigil of battle the ability of engineers to gain might have been shaved considerably which is well-needed for the balance of Celestial rifle engis BUT you’re forgetting an important part of being a rifle engi is not only that its kit offers power/condi damage but it also offers REALLY strong crowd control that can potential 100-0 people (with slickshoes toolkit rifle 4 and turret knockback and crate) making it a 1v1 monster — A fix to that is to either reduce the duration of slickshoes, or add an animation to the Rifle knockback, OR increase the cooldown to the rifle knockback making it more punishing if it was missed.

Another important point is Balthazar runes. That rune is ridiculous. The moment people realize that celestial rifle engineers are not as potent, people will switch back to pistol/shield rabid balathazar rune engineer. Which is incredibly strong for the amount of burns it provides. I think you should watch out for that as it can potentially be the next “Meta” build that people will abuse — better nerf it now rather than wait 6 months for the next one.

Lastly but not least, the toolkit block has too short of a duration when traited.(perhaps increase the cooldown?)

Next Class, is my menace — Necromancer.
The class by itself is strong because of its passives — and the nerf on nightmare runes is GREAT! its a much needed nerf. The 1 second fear on 60 sec cd is awesome. However, there is a bigger problem to necro other than its passives. Its the animations of the skills. The staff auto attacks look EXACTLY the same as Death Shroud 2 of necromancer (Dark path) which is one skill you do NOT want to get hit by(1200 range too? really?). I believe a good balance is by giving a better animation or tell on that skill as it can be VERY hard to see under pressure, or reduce the range of the skill making it harder and riskier to land. The necro is fine, except that its really hard to fight it when you don’t know what they are throwing at you. There is the Dark path, then there is the Staff marks which all look the same.
Which comes to my next point – The trait Greater marks which offers a greater radius to the staff marks and makes the staff marks UNBLOCKABLE?! … the trait is too powerful, makes the necro vs engi match up almost too stupid and too hard and honestly, as an engineer myself, hopeless. Mainly because you can’t Line of sight the greater marks, you can’t use the shield blocks, and you wouldn’t know which marks to dodge since there is little to no tell to the fear mark or the condi transfer mark.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Who is going to join Vee Wee and play condi Engi! Scavenging Runes + Geomancy/Leeching! 62042!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Patchi.9061

Sorry for the spam —

Next up is Warrior.
Don’t get me started on warrior — MERCY RUNES! how can you NOT nerf that.. LOL mercy runes and the Banner elite is just RIDICULOUS-- yes there are a lot of ways you can counter play it but the rate at which two mercy rune warriors res a body is just way TOO FAST making poison almost worthless… If you wanna end the boring celestial meta you need to nerf mercy runes as good teams know how to utilise it to its full potential. If not then Banner needs to either have a longer cast time equivalent to every other res skill on other professions (3 seconds) or heals for a lower amount forcing people to have mercy runes in order for it to be as effective as it is right now. (Which will also nerf the soldier’s rune celestial shout warrior build.)

Another point on warriors are celestial shout warriors — Nerfing sigil of battle may shave it a little, but with how strong the warrior longbow is right now it might even be stronger than celestial d/d elemantalist- I’m not quite sure about this one but I would suggest you guys do further professional testing on it as Celestial shout warriors are equally of a threat as D/D eles, — even more now that you nerfed elementalists.

Last but not least Elemantlists-
I love the nerf on drakes breath, i love the nerf on lightning whip, but is it enough? I still believe a skilled enough elemantlist can get the 25 stacks of might quite easily — it just takes longer now. The main problem is because D/D eles have one too many blast finishers. My suggestion on that is to remove on of them or change the nature of the blast (whirl or leap). After all Dagger dagger elementalists still are GREAT in every situation of the game, 1v1s, 2v2s, 3v3s, have great mobility have a great uptime on protection and vigor — it doesn’t end.

Another one is the staff elemantlists – As d/d eles are gonna get nerfed the replacement to that will become staff eles – the never dying menace that will take forever to kill. Nerfing sigil of might will not effect staff eles all that much as they have a lot of blasts on their own and a lot of sustain as well — keep an eye on that i’m sure they will become “meta” soon after you shave d/d eles.

in PvP

Patchi.9061

Above lies on the priority of high tier PvP gameplay that I believe should be touched on and i would appreciate a feed back on them.
What i’m about to include down below are just Annoying aspects of PvP that simply don’t work in high level play.

Turret engineers — self explanatory.. summoning turrets and kiting around should not be that rewarding, there is literally no skill involved in playing that — unfortunately people tend to believe it works because they win against solo qers — but in all honesty the community will never improve if such an option is available — the skill floor/ceiling of this build is non existent.

Power rangers – Click 2 to win. I agree that there is a good skill cap to this spec, but the skill floor to this class is just absurd…someone Rapid firing away 1500 range away with absolutely no effort involved is just annoying to deal with in solo q, I’d suggest a rework to make Rangers in general more viable and less annoying to play with/against.

Sorry for the long post — To many of us the next PvP patch may make or break the game~ Esports is starting NOW, good steps need to be done NOW. An incomplete balance patch may effect a lot of good PvPers that are hanging by a thin rope on this game. It is simply not an option! Good luck anet and if you need any help/opinion im sure a lot of PvP fanatics are willing to help ! including myself of course!

(edited by Patchi.9061)

in PvP

Uuni.6091

Elementalist needs a reduction in survivability.
Suggestion: Reduce the overall Regeneration and Protection Uptime. I’d touch ‘Elemental Attunement’; reducing Regeneration and Protection to 3 seconds base. Regeneration from ‘Soothing Disruption’ to 4 seconds base and Protection from ‘Armor of Earth’ to 4 Seconds base.

Internal cooldown on ‘Cleansing Water’ would help a great deal as well, not really affecting the less spam-heavy staff eles that tend to run ether renewal as much as the healing sig running spammy DD eles.

Engineer Damage + Group Support.
How about: Reduce Base Damage from ‘Grenade Barrage’, ‘Shrapnel Grenade’ and ‘Freeze Grenade’ by 10%. Reduce Poison Cloud Duration from Poison Grenade from 5 to 2 seconds.
Reduce Radius from ‘Healing Turret’ from 480 to 180.

No nerf to incendiary powder and an added cooldown indicator on buffbar, or telegraph to healing turret & increased CD because it heals so much compared to other healing skills?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Patchi speaking as a necro I kinda cant help but laugh at what you said about greater marks. I cant think of a single build that takes this trait ever since the original marks got buffed in size to what was at the time the greater marks effect.

The only place I believe it was taken before that buff was for WvW and in certain early attempts at a heavy staff build for pvp. I havent seen anyone run that build in an extremely long time though.

I…honestly doubt your running into necros traited with greater marks as often as your claiming to.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Who is going to join Vee Wee and play condi Engi! Scavenging Runes + Geomancy/Leeching! 62042!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I might try it, sounds like it could be the new op.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Very minor changes , waiting 6 months for this is sad. Cele still has 800 more stats. You should just do a general discussion at the end of each month with ESL Monthly winners from NA and EU and makes some changes every month based on their opinion.

Not sure if this is true but someone had once said Abjured said cele was fine.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

They didn’t nerf Engineers and Celes as much as newer players would like because they know that with better playing you CAN now counter these builds because might is reduced. And they seek to have people rise to meet the challenge rather than making it too much easier.

I saw the PvP Team about a year ago on a video make allusions to the fact that nerfs are requested by newer players when really, people just need to improve and play better.

It’s like people complaining about turret engineers, but more experienced players are not worried about them.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Add the cele nerf(- 50/80 stats) and we’re good.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Anet plz!

Sigil of Intelligence reduced to next 2 hits!
Guardian Sword 2 grants 5 seconds of swiftness even if you cast it with no target!
Necromancer starts match with 13% Life Force!
Elementalist Earth Scepter 1 reworked so it’s not extremely sluggish!
Shatterstone applies 3 bleeds for 10 seconds instead of vulnerability! Isn’t it weird that a jagged icicle that explodes into razor sharp icy shrapnel doesn’t apply bleeding!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Already been playing it off and on. However, go for tormenting sigil >:D

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I can’t believe they didn’t include this.

and the nerfing of might as a result of current inbalances of ele and engi makes zero sense. Here is an idea: Fix those classes. Make it more difficult for them to stack might. It is annoying that ANET takes the easy way out (and just creating more issues) instead of fixing the actual problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Deception: This downed-state skill no longer requires a target in order to cast.

Dev note: This will allow for mesmers to better use their survival skill when facing an opponent using stealth.

While we’re at it, can we make it ground-targeted instead of random? I’m so tired of porting into an even worse AoE because of RNG gods. And dieing because I used a “survival” skill.

And revert the useless Mimic to counter “balanced” rangers?

Overall, it doesn’t feel like mesmer changes will make a difference.

20 level 80s and counting.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Good changes to reduce the overall pressure that celestial classes can bring via targeted shaves to might. Anyone asking for celestial to be nerfed out of the meta needs to take a step back and think about overall game design for a second. The goal is to create a meaningful choice between different builds, not to force one build out of the meta so your favorite pet build can then dominate.

Celestial engie takes a bigger hit than ele from the might/battle changes, but still can put up strong offensive pressure through all the CCs and being able to stack multiple damaging conditions. D/D ele will have to rely more on actively stacking might by blasting ring of fire (which can be counter-played), and will have to work harder to maintain burning uptime (although a slight nerf to burning from ring of fire would have been good).

Not much done to address certain passives that seem slightly too strong (incendiary powder, sigil of air/fire combo), or the fact that certain builds have to rely on those passives to be competitive.

I like that the ele changes don’t really hurt fresh air builds (which don’t use sigil of battle and generally stack less might in PvP). Glad A.net didn’t listen to all the ppl asking for stupid across-the-board nerfs to sub-meta builds based on nerfing Elemental Attunement (protection/regen trait) and Renewing Stamina (vigor trait), which would make the sub-meta ele builds even less viable.

(edited by ResJudicator.7916)

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Nice if they can do this every 2-3 months just enough time to let changes sink in, the road to a soft balance would be shorter. Don’t forget class specific needs like variety for thief, healing necros,condition guard… and a TDM queue,keep those in mind.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Decent changes but not enough. This whole philosophy of “shaving” in terms of balance only works with frequent updates, not 6 months apart. Following changes still need to be looked at:

Engineer:

-Gearshield still needs a cd increase or duration decrease, still too strong.

-Incendiary Powder needs a notification to when the next hit will apply burning to allow for counter play

-Overcharged Shot still needs a cast-time to allow for counter play.

Warrior:

-Combustive shot needs to not automatically trigger cleansing ire when it hits nothing.

Elementalist:

-EA needs a small reduction in boon up time, 65% is way too much.

These are just to name a few. I’m prepared for the defense forces of Engie/Ele to come out and denounce these changes since their professions are “fine”.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

mmmm dem ranger buffs.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

and the nerfing of might as a result of current inbalances of ele and engi makes zero sense. Here is an idea: Fix those classes. Make it more difficult for them to stack might. It is annoying that ANET takes the easy way out (and just creating more issues) instead of fixing the actual problem.

Yes, I don’t understand why they nerfed the sigils but they didn’t do the same for blast finishers… It doesn’t make any sense.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Warrior:
-Combustive shot needs to not automatically trigger cleansing ire when it hits nothing.

OH FOR THE LAST TIME STOP THIS ALREADY!

COMBUSTIVE SHOT IS FINE AND BALANCED!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Yes, I don’t understand why they nerfed the sigils but they didn’t do the same for blast finishers… It doesn’t make any sense.

here is the fact, warriors blasting area mght is working as intended, because they cannot stealth, don’t have clones, etc.

get over it, deal with it.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Warrior got buffed. I am completely baffled on how they got no nerfs.

i am absolutely furious that there are people who still believes warriors need more nerfs.