in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I’m sad. No Beastmaster traits revamp.

Relevant to your interests: Upcoming Balance Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

These changes are great. They’re precise and leveled. The people complaining that they’re not enough are either bad at math or overreact to balance problems.

The only thing I would add is some sort of PvE buff to necromancers. It’s time.

As for the necromancer trait discussion: Soul Marks is better than Reaper’s Protection or Greater Marks. It’s not even close. And you really shouldn’t need Greater Marks to counter engineers as a necromancer.

Let’s consider your common ele can maintain, let’s say, 15 stacks of might mid combat on average, that’s plus 525 extra power and condi damage, 450 with the nerf, and 3 (to 4) stacks less with the battle sigil nerf, so from 450 to 360 (12 stacks), that’s only 165 power/condi damage less from the unnerfed version.
The only meaningful nerf is Drake’s Breath, when the full channel ends you’ll end up with 6 to 7 seconds of burning on your enemy contrary to the current 10+ seconds. But the perma burning is still there due to Ring of Fire.

Even less of an effect on Engineers. Shrapnel Grenade doesn’t count.

You can’t realistically tell me all these minor changes (and other much needed minor buffs and hotfixes) will have any meaningful impact on the current meta. Seriously, it’s been almost half a year, they are NOT enough.

I’m sure you don’t want to see condi mesmers around, either.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Cele Rifle role of “Duelist, Team Fighter, *Support, Bunker, Home Node Defender”*

Cele Engi is too strong in conquest, much more so than Condi Mesmer, but that’s your response to why Scepter Auto Attack Torment should not be increased in attack speed or ‘finesse’?

Also, you don’t really get the Rifle Engi’s role. Haha. You’re pretty far off. Healing Turret =/= support role. The Cleansing Burst doesn’t scale with healing, you’re basically saying every PvP Engineer in the game is support. Bunkering. The Engineer can’t hold nodes because they lack condition removal and simply accumulate burning and won’t win the fight. You have to stand outside the red circles on Engi. Shoutbow and D/D Ele have 5 times the Condition Removal per minute. 30 v. 6, when Engineer uses the Healing Turret to knock enemies, as they should. The point holders are who you want to keep the nodes, not the roamers. It’s not a blurred line.

It’s a roaming duelist and teamfighter.. it can’t do Support, Bunkering, or keep home node capped 1v1 even half as good as dedicated roles.

More of a CC based assassin than a bunker, when ran with Slick Shoes. Cele Engi is OP, but not because it’s good at half the things you think it is.

It’s because it kicks kitten and has ridiculous CC. Puts on Sunglasses.

Sorry to say it, but your one of the best node fighters classes in the game…… Attacking a point you would have to be the best class for the job you can nuke a point down so fast.

I don’t get why you would say something like this when you already know this. Live stream almost every weekend shows Engineers winning almost every single 1v1 on node fight.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Sol.4310

Ranger:

- Let’s not forget entangle. The cooldown is too short, and the immobilize is too long. (Either increase the cooldown, or reduce the duration of immob)

- Increase the Survivability of power ranger while decreasing their Rapid fire damage. I believe ranger is too glassy to be viable, and too annoying in solo qs. If there was a way to make it more viable, it is by making it more survivable and reduce the damage of Rapid fire so it doesn’t get out of hand.

Hi, I don’t believe you have clear understanding of Rapid Fire, the main reason its seems so strong is due to Air/Fire Sigil, it normally adds extra 2k + damage to our Rapid Fire which is the ONLY burst skill on a burst ranger. You could say our GS has decent burst but its very telegraphed and easy to counter so the Risk vs Reward is balanced in that term.

Say you drop Air and Fire Sigil from LB and hit a target that has 1500 Toughness + Protection and removes a condition half way throw the Rapid Fire, at best I’m talking every best you will do 3-4k damage top’s, now that’s our only burst skill.

So when you have a better understanding of Rapid Fire, is it really the skill that’s the problem.

Entangle, it’s a 50/50 skill it can be OP also useless. Say your target is stupid burns his condition remove well killing him isn’t a problem. But say your target isn’t stupid saves atleast decent condition clear knowing the ranger most likely has Entangle soon as it’s popped you wipe it. Now half the time Entangle is random dodged so it’s not really that good. Just allot of players don’t take the time to learn other classes and current builds.

I get sick of hearing how Rapid Fire is OP, so you got clipped by a full Rapid Fire stop and ask yourself why hell didn’t you dodge once that’s half the damage gone or block or LOS as you seen the ranger coming. I really don’t get it half reason skills are strong cause tactics from the other player are sub-par. We can try make this game more simple for the casual or keep things solid.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I don’t get why you would say something like this when you already know this. Live stream almost every weekend shows Engineers winning almost every single 1v1 on node fight.

No, that’s not true. Unless you instantaneous crateous, you will never beat an equally skilled D/D Ele, Shoutbow War, Necro, other Engi, Mesmer, Condi Ranger, if you refuse to let the point go neutral and stubbornly fight confined to the point. Bunkers have one job. Keep the point from changing status. D/D Ele and War can bunker. Grenade Engies should get off and actually focus on winning the 1v1. Because they’re a duelist/roamer type.

Your real gripe about Engi is that it’s 1v1 matchups are almost as good as D/D Ele, even if it gives up the point to do so. Engineer does have too good matchups same as the D/D Ele, we all know it’s OP but it’s not because Engineers can bunker, lol.

Ele and War can keep the node capped because that’s their job. Not the Engineer’s job. Ele even has better overall matchups than Engi.. why would Engi be doing that instead of an Ele.

Any fight size above a 1v1, say 2v2, if there is an Engi spending time on the point, not kiting away or using LoS, if there’s ranged focus on him, or AoE pressure on point, that Engi is a liability to winning the fight. You can’t eat people’s AoE and conditions.

Engi assaulting a point is a lot better use of the Engi. That’s not a bunker. Do you see why me saying Engi is not good at bunkering is true?

The Engi is best at being duelist/roamer, not a bunker/point holder (defensive) or dedicated support. Why don’t you get why I would say that? Winning a 1v1 =/= bunkering a point.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Let’s consider your common ele can maintain, let’s say, 15 stacks of might mid combat on average, that’s plus 525 extra power and condi damage, 450 with the nerf, and 3 (to 4) stacks less with the battle sigil nerf, so from 450 to 360 (12 stacks), that’s only 165 power/condi damage less from the unnerfed version.
The only meaningful nerf is Drake’s Breath, when the full channel ends you’ll end up with 6 to 7 seconds of burning on your enemy contrary to the current 10+ seconds. But the perma burning is still there due to Ring of Fire.

Even less of an effect on Engineers. Shrapnel Grenade doesn’t count.

You can’t realistically tell me all these minor changes (and other much needed minor buffs and hotfixes) will have any meaningful impact on the current meta. Seriously, it’s been almost half a year, they are NOT enough.

I’m sure you don’t want to see condi mesmers around, either.

It’s about 100 to 200 less power and condition damage, which amounts to roughly 5 to 10 percent less damage. That’s big for both engineer and elementalist.

It might not be enough. But this forum tends to completely overreact toward buffs and underreact toward nerfs.

And I want to see condition mesmers around. I think we need much more build diversity in this game.

Is it really the damage with these classes that is the problem, though? No changes to ele sustain and engi CCs is a little disappointing, to me, anyway.

in PvP

Sol.4310

No, that’s not true. Unless you instantaneous crateous, you will never beat an equally skilled D/D Ele, Shoutbow War, Necro, other Engi, Mesmer, Condi Ranger, if you refuse to let the point go neutral and stubbornly fight confined to the point. Bunkers have one job. Keep the point from changing status. D/D Ele and War can bunker. Grenade Engies should get off and actually focus on winning the 1v1. Because they’re a duelist/roamer type.

Your real gripe about Engi is that it’s 1v1 matchups are almost as good as D/D Ele, even if it gives up the point to do so. Engineer does have too good matchups same as the D/D Ele, we all know it’s OP but it’s not because Engineers can bunker, lol.

Ele and War can keep the node capped because that’s their job. Not the Engineer’s job. Ele even has better overall matchups than Engi.. why would Engi be doing that instead of an Ele.

Any fight size above a 1v1, say 2v2, if there is an Engi spending time on the point, not kiting away or using LoS, if there’s ranged focus on him, or AoE pressure on point, that Engi is a liability to winning the fight. You can’t eat people’s AoE and conditions.

Engi assaulting a point is a lot better use of the Engi. That’s not a bunker. Do you see why me saying Engi is not good at bunkering is true?

The Engi is best at being duelist/roamer, not a bunker/point holder (defensive) or dedicated support. Why don’t you get why I would say that? Winning a 1v1 =/= bunkering a point.

See you didn’t even read my post lol. Don’t remember saying anything about Engi being a bunker.

Stop please next time read my post and not reply with wall of text, I just found it stupid someone who mains engi would know how faceroll you guys are when comes to fighting over points lol.

So going by your info every class beats Engineer that’s why they are one of the most used class. Also you rant allot like almost daily on the forums there is wall of text most beating drum is getting old.

I better be careful with my words one wrong word and you will post a wall of text again.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

6 months for this?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

In my opinion this game has too many concept issues on top of mechanics issues. This is exactly why balance is extremely hard, and was never successfully completed.

My personal opinion on the future balance patch: elementalist will be nerfed again and sent to bottom of all professions list (old pvp players know what I am talking about), while another buffed profession will be overpowered instead.
We will better see this change in ESL with professional PvP teams, as to what profession will be overpowered.

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

I will no longer play Elementalist because it will be totally nerfed.
But now, I am curious, what will be the most overpowered profession and build?

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My Ele is mourning the change to Sigil of Battle. He wasn’t even using the meta!

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

IP is one of the base reasons Engis are viable at the moment. Remove IP and what is left for engis to deal damage? You make it sound that you will eat 2500 damage over 10 seconds neglecting all sources of regen, condi clear, and whatnot.

Your example and explanation shows that you don’t understand game mechanics and why IP is too powerful.

If you ever look at a death log after fighting an engineer (cele or full condi), you’ll find that burning is by far the largest source of damage. Not bleed. Not poison. You even said it. Very few engineers run flamethrower (incendiary ammo), off-hand pistol (blow torch), bomb kit (fire bomb), or any other significant source of burning or fire fields. So a large chunk of the damage from an engineer in a sustained fight is from IP.

Why does it do so much damage? That lies in the condition removal mechanics combined with the quantity of different conditions which engineers apply. With common engineer builds, a single use of poison grenades applies 3 conditions (Poison from the base skill, bleeding from Shrapnel, Vulnerability from Steel-Packed Powder) and can proc a 4th in IP. Very few condition removal skills can remove four conditions at once. Those which do are usually on long cooldowns – much longer than the 10 second ICD of IP. So you’ll mostly see abilities which remove 1 or 2 conditions. No one is quite sure what the rules for condition removal are, but bleeding is usually the first condition removed and burning one of the last. So unless it’s a group fight with lots of group condition removal, IP will often tick for its full duration.

Let me frame this differently. Let’s give a profession (don’t care which) a trait that says: Your next attack triggers <effect name>. <effect name> has a 85% chance to deal 3000-4000 damage (cannot crit). This attack cannot be dodged, blocked, or evaded. 15sec ICD. Do you think that’s fun and leads to better gameplay? Well that example is essentially what IP is.

It doesn’t matter if IP is a key element to engineer builds; it’s not conducive to good gameplay and needs to change. If engineers will be too weak with a drastically reduced IP, then other aspects of the profession can be buffed to compensate. But those aspects should allow for better counter-play.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Lol my frand DD Elementalists will still be strong! Might is still a valuable boon and Elementalists will still be able to stack up an amazing amount for themselves and their team! They will still be able to heal and cleanse silly amounts of condis off themselves and their team! They will still be very durable with permanent vigor and crazy sustain and protection uptime! Their offense was toned down which is good because no bunker should be able to output the damage that current DD Elementalists can do! Totally nerfed is a gross exaggeration since they will still have loads of burning, damage, and sustain!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Chaith.8256

So going by your info every class beats Engineer

So going by this answer you aren’t worth arguing with

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Lol my frand DD Elementalists will still be strong! Might is still a valuable boon and Elementalists will still be able to stack up an amazing amount for themselves and their team! They will still be able to heal and cleanse silly amounts of condis off themselves and their team! They will still be very durable with permanent vigor and crazy sustain and protection uptime! Their offense was toned down which is good because no bunker should be able to output the damage that current DD Elementalists can do! Totally nerfed is a gross exaggeration since they will still have loads of burning, damage, and sustain!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Let’s be real here Vee Wee, do you actually think that anyone will still be playing Elementalist or Engineer after these harsh and totally uncalled for nerfs? Look at how they gutted the damage on Engineer’s Shrapnel grenade and the 12 second burn on Drake’s Breath is now ONLY 8 SECONDS. It’s already been confirmed that Five Gauge, Wakkey, and Phantaram have been kicked off the Abjured due to how useless Ele/Engi will be after this patch.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I can only assume that they don’t want to change the cele meta, just make it a bit more even.

That’s fine, the game is arguably the most balanced it has ever been.

It does feel like it lacks variety though.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: KMLin.7642

KMLin.7642

- Add more animation to Staff mark 4 and 5, and Corrupt boon.

To be honest there doesn’t need to be a change to the telegraphs of these skills (although in a team fight it’s fairly difficult to comprehend the slight hand motions at times)

But if there were to be an animation change.. just a red circle with a rune inscribed in it as the animation is being cast would be my idea. Corrupt boon animation change is unnecessaly.

kmlinjrsr

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

well the reason why im trying to give feedback is to make arenanet think again. its the same with me, if i have an idea i talk with other people about it because sometimes you just dont see little things which other people might.

and after all i think they show us the changes first because they do want feedback. and not just for fun.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Condie mesmers are not good. They are never viable at all.
I am also not sure about the image and confusing image change. But even after the maim buff, condie mesmers are still pretty bad. They can’t hold point. Their damage is okay but not enough to force a capture. Their contribution in team fight is also low. Bottom line is condie mesmer has some decent 1v1 ability but does not shine in any specific department.

I don’t know what kind of condi mesmer you are used to see. But condi mesmer is the 1 of the strongest thing in this game.
I wonder they continue to buff them. PVE they need some love yes, but in PVP.

+ this story about they are useless in group fight is far from true.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

well they dont have a lot of group support nor burst setups. they keep constant pressure from staff autos though but thats it. they excel in 1v1 or 2v2.

and then again there is pu condi or condi shatter.

in what they do they’re pretty strong so they dont need further buffs imo.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Locust Swarm: The casting time of this skill has been reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.

• Dev note: This change will give necromancers a bit more mobility.

Whoever wrote this deserves a troll bonus.

Made my day, haha.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Chaith. I have been playing Cele Rifle Engi a lot in the last days. And this is what I found out:
Your team fighting capabilities are way less impactful than the ones a DD Ele, a Warrior or a Guardian provide. As you said, you can’t stay in the fray of a teamfight: Burning eats you alive (unless you have someone who cleanses it) and using Healing Turret as group cleanse is a very bad idea since you are extremely vulnerable to any sort of Condi Spike (be it a CC-like Condi or a Damaging one). And with this I agree with you.
I also agree with you when you say that an Engi is extremely good at single targeting. The amount of plays you can do with Magnet is insane, and the simple (and brokenly instant) Combo rifle4+2+throw wrench/rifle5 deals enough damage to pressure any enemy, especially when you keep your pressure up with Grenades after that burst.
However, what I don’t agree with you is the bunkering ability.
With a Cele Rifle Engi, the only class you should really fear unless you have crate is a Necro (and even then, the necro must be good, as I managed to destroy a lot of Condi Necros). If I am HOLDING a point, and assuming I don’t use Crate, I can easily hold a good DD Ele there for close to 1 minute before I need to start kiting and leaving the point. Same with a Celestial Warrior. Holding a node for 1m is a lot of time honestly, and even if you won’t be able to fight indefinitely (against an equally skilled opponent) it’s still enough time for a roamer (thief or mesmer) to come and cleanup.
In addition to this, I can safely decap ANY class that is not a Guardian within 30 to 45 seconds. So, yeah, even though you don’t have the “stalling” potential of another dedicated bunker, your bunkering (and de-bunkering) abilities are very high.

… And with the nerf of DD Ele, I believe the match up will be an endless stalemate after the patch. I usually noticed that I can’t put enough pressure on them because they out heal my pressure with Lightning Whip stow weapon. But if they lose that massive boost to their sustain, they will need to start playing defensive more.

In a true 1v1, Cele Rifle Engi loses against: Necro (Power and Condi), D/D Ele, Cele Shoutbow, Shatter Mesmer, Rabid Engi, even Condi Ranger can beat you (Entangle, duh).

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

pretty safe to say this thread is dead, nobody agrees with any of these balance changes.

just ask a MOD to delete it lmao.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

With might nerfed, does sigil of battle still needs further nerfing? Anet’s balance history teached me that when they double nerf something, the risk of having it getting overnerfed is high.

I was thinking this exact same thing …

Arenanet, you have this “shave” balance philosophy but this is more than just a simple shave. You are not only nerfing might as a base which is collectively enough that it should make a difference on it’s own, yet without even letting that by itself be felt out by the players, you’re further nerfing sigils on top of that, which combined are going to make them feel mucher weaker and quite possibly inferior, to the point of which runeset of strength could be reconsidered from strong to not even that good. Which if I’m not mistaken, yet again takes away from “build diversity” which just seems like it will diminish more with this change.

I can’t honestly say that is a shave but rather that is along the lines of build and a game changing kind of rebalancing, not a simple “shave” as you seem to claim you’re all about. You’ve done shaves with things like signets, why can’t you maintain the same philosophy with all aspects of the game?

Would you please actually adhere to your own “balancing philosophy” for this? Please? If it’s not enough from the might changes alone, then move on to the sigils, just give it a little bit of time to be tested out first, perhaps?

I say all of this because from what I know … once you’ve changed something, you don’t seem to have it in you to “go back” and just roll with it, even if it’s seemingly bad and a majority of players dislike it. Why? I don’t honestly know the answer to that. All I know is that’s how you’ve consistently done everything with this game and I really don’t want to see more build options vanish, things already feel limited and even more so of that doesn’t really bode well, at least IMO.

So please, think of the fuzzy kittens all over the forums before you do all of that at once. :/

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

The Engis aren’t OP because of the Sigil of Battle, their damage is fine. They are OP because of the constant knockdowns, immob, daze and the fact that they can be immune to immob on top of it.

yup i think the same . . . well still maybe burn access is too much.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Chaith.

Yeah you make a lot of great points and I can see you’ve obviously played enough of the build to know what you’re talking about.. I think Engi can be more impactful than D/D Ele and Guardian in teamfights. It’s top tier CC and downed cleave and you can potentially full wipe a team of foolish revivers, it’s probably the biggest swing profession in teamfights if disrespected. D/D Ele is much more defensive in nature, it doesn’t get those decisive stunlocks and then corpse cleave into submission.

Here’s what a realistic duel looks like when a D/D Ele assaults your point.. many similarities to when a Cele War assaults you, or Ranger/Necro/Mes/DPS Guard.

He stunbreaks your first Overcharged Shot with Armor of Earth, possibly Updrafts you, which you stunbreak. He puts Ring of Fire down and attempts to Drakes Breath you to death. You block the full drake’s breath, use Healing Turret, and then you are completely out of cooldowns. This is where you need to get the hell off, otherwise you are going to start a downward spiral to losing the 1v1 as soon as he gets the next Drake’s Breath on you. If the fight blows up, and both teams rotate there, they may totally get wiped from being a man down, if you’re easy pickins’, stay healthy. Be off the point within 15 seconds, I’ve run this scenario a lot.

Crating in the first 15 seconds is a viable way to temporarily bunker a point, interrupting or healing through Drake’s Breath. This is an exception to me.

You’re not wrong in saying that Engi can throw his body on the point for a minute, but since you’re throwing the fight to do that, I don’t consider it an option. Best to recruit a node fighter like Cele War/Ele who are optimal on point and keep your Engineer roaming.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

When will you show us numbers for those minor changes ?

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

What about build variety for the elementalist. It is what you promised yet everything you do pushes the class further into a corner, either total bunker or total dps.
Everyone I know that plays ele feels the same way.

Bunker d/d: 0/0/2/6/6
Burst d/d: 6/0/0/4/4
Fresh air s/f: 0/6/0/4/4

It’s all there is: 3 builds possible, that’s not some heavy build variety there.

And the truth is you removed build variety since the start:
- Mist Form healing nerf removed glass canon possibilities
- Soothing disruption nerf did the same, forcing us to have 4 point in water instead of 2 because the class is so weak it cannot survive without cantrips regen
- Elemental attunement pushed to Master trait did the same, no build is possible without 4 points in arcana.
- All our elites are kitten and useless beside the Glyph, Tornado because of your latest nerf
- And our dps has been nerfed so bad (staff ele meteor-nado 50% damage nerf)

Now you’re going to destroy the damage output of the only viable bunker build the class has by another 10% for might and battle sigil, + another 10% on lightning whip.

Why are build like 4/4/6/0/0 still not possible? You said you would fix build variety for ele, then it should be possible to have 4 points in fire and 4 in air, without being a total “die in 1 hit” class.

Seriously, it’s easy to predict that at the next balance patch you will nerf Fresh Air burst, because that will be what all the elementalist wil be playing when they see their damage is gone from bunker.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Chaith.

Yeah you make a lot of great points and I can see you’ve obviously played enough of the build to know what you’re talking about.. I think Engi can be more impactful than D/D Ele and Guardian in teamfights. It’s top tier CC and downed cleave and you can potentially full wipe a team of foolish revivers, it’s probably the biggest swing profession in teamfights if disrespected. D/D Ele is much more defensive in nature, it doesn’t get those decisive stunlocks and then corpse cleave into submission.

Also Magnet is not brokenly instant, it’s better when you save it for an immob/knockdown or a severely pressured enemy because it gets dodged a lot and that’s fair. Fake casting it is better against enemies that you know have nothing preventing them from reacting and dodging.

Here’s what a realistic duel looks like when a D/D Ele assaults your point.. many similarities to when a Cele War assaults you, or Ranger/Necro/Mes/DPS Guard.

He stunbreaks your first Overcharged Shot with Armor of Earth, possibly Updrafts you, which you stunbreak. He puts Ring of Fire down and attempts to Drakes Breath you to death. You block the full drake’s breath, use Healing Turret, and then you are completely out of cooldowns. This is where you need to get the hell off, otherwise you are going to start a downward spiral to losing the 1v1 as soon as he gets the next Drake’s Breath on you. If the fight blows up, and both teams rotate there, they may totally get wiped from being a man down, if you’re easy pickins’, stay healthy. Be off the point within 15 seconds, I’ve run this scenario a lot.

Crating in the first 15 seconds is a viable way to temporarily bunker a point, interrupting or healing through Drake’s Breath. This is an exception to me.

You’re not wrong in saying that Engi can throw his body on the point for a minute, but since you’re throwing the fight to do that, I don’t consider it an option. Best to recruit a node fighter like Cele War/Ele who are optimal on point and keep your Engineer roaming.

if you cant dodge an updraft you should probably l2p

gerdian

in PvP

Chaith.8256

if you cant dodge an updraft you should probably l2p

0/10

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Same as usual…boring…yawn…nerfs…more boring…please someone wake me up…

Why anyone would get excited to log in to check out the next balance patch is beyond me…

in PvP

Meglobob.8620

My feedback:-

Why anyone would get excited to log in to check out the next balance patch is beyond me…

Sorry if its negative but its 100% honest.

in PvP

Meglobob.8620

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Well since killshot is getting a buff it seems more about unbalancing the game than balancing it.

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

What im disappointed about warrior changes is that

still stuck with healing signet
no proper boon hate.

and as of rifle, looks like anet is trying to promote rifle/gs burst set up.
while gs/lb will still be surprior in so many ways, not like burst war is any viable.
but rifle needs proper boon hate on it either that or better utility.

longbow is just too good, rifle can not compete for simply having some cast time reduced, certainly not after adrenaline nerf.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/suggestion-killshot-and-rifle/first#post4649533

heres a few suggestions i had for rifle, please take consideration.

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

The buffs to condition Mesmer dps are as a consequence of dysfunctional skills. Phantasmal Mage just needed a cooldown reduction and a faster projectile that didn’t crawl along the ground, but apparently an extra stack of confusion was the answer. Confusing Images just needed a wind-up/cast time/after cast reduction to not make it so clunky to use, but apparently 2 extra seconds of confusion is what it really needed.

Meh, I don’t get it either.

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Also Magnet is not brokenly instant,

The “istant” part was related to the rifle combo (started with the “istant” knockback) not to Magnet

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

[/quote]

I don’t know what kind of condi mesmer you are used to see. But condi mesmer is the 1 of the strongest thing in this game.
I wonder they continue to buff them. PVE they need some love yes, but in PVP.

+ this story about they are useless in group fight is far from true.[/quote]
You never see condie mesmer in tournaments. Rarely in meaningful PvP games. If it is indeed strong, why don’t people use it.

The spec is only good for skirmishes. They can’t focus down targets quickly. They can’t aoe effectively, They can’t stay on points. How do you make it useful in team fight?

Even in side node/small scale fights, condie mesmer still fails at holding points. This makes the spec even more nonviable. Condie survival ranger would be taken for roles like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You’re right to say you don’t really understand Mesmer and that you shouldn’t really comment on it. Oh well, to late now.

If you want to take a crack at iMage you’re going to have to explain exactly what this magical build is and how its going to function.

You’re also going to have to explain in what relevant situations condi Mesmer, in general, is strong/op. Competitive conquest PvP? Zerg/Roaming WvW? PvE? Obviously relevance is important.

Finally the changes are irrelevant because the iMage is flawed by design.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT0LXhcZ5ek
@ 10 seconds and 1 minute if you want to jump around.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Very good analysis from the OP on this.

While I’m glad to see the change to might, I don’t see much else out of this that really benefits much. I still see a lot of changes to skills that aren’t used which won’t bring those skills into use, which has been a constant theme with balance patches for the last year or so (anybody been watching all the changes to venoms?).

I mean, it seems like ANet realizes that some skills are very underused without really comprehending why this is the case.

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

Seriously, it’s easy to predict that at the next balance patch you will nerf Fresh Air burst, because that will be what all the elementalist wil be playing when they see their damage is gone from bunker.

I agree with this. As it seems all elementalists will play Fresh Air because it will be the only good option left for them.
Thank you ArenaNet.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

And I want to see condition mesmers around. I think we need much more build diversity in this game.

Haha! c’mon! that’s not fair! You’re a Necro! =P

Fair point, though. Build diversity needs to increase, significantly.
With such minor changes every 6 months it’s going to be difficult. Although zerker thief is the constant and main culprit in my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I am glad to see the measured nerfs to ele (assuming there isn’t some additional major nerf they didn’t “preview” – in most balance patches they don’t mention some of the most major changes, like immob stacking, ahead of time). I think after these adjustments, d/d ele will be slightly worse than cele engie and shoutbow warrior, and might be more on-par with the other tanky/sustain specs. It will still be viable, but probably not worth stacking a bunch on a team.

And that means they can work over the NEXT 6 months on making some spec other than d/d bunker ele actually viable again! Fresh air is close, but just no cigar. Scepter itself still needs help thanks to pitiful auto-attacks, which makes it terrible outside of fresh-air specs.

Also, I personally think cele engie or condi necro (hello torment sigil and lower CD on nightmare runes!!) are gonna take over as top specs rather than ele. Engie itself is given a few too many major aspects that lack counterplay – 3s block on 16s CD, the BEST heal in-game that is nearly uninterruptible, IP still being impossible to avoid, slick shoes being one of the best stunbreaks on a short CD while being incredibly good offensively too. I think one of these things need a slight adjustment (not nerf into the ground) to truly shave engies a bit. 2s shave on the bleed from shrapnel grenade is hilarious.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m a bit bummed that there are few buffs to underused specs (I want a viable gadget Engi QQ) but at the same time I’m glad that you’re not totally destroying hybrid builds. Celestial ammy might still have too many stat points but might was certainly the biggest offender for imbalance and hopefully this will lead to a good balance between specialized and hybrid builds.

Seriously though, six months and this is all we’re getting? I’m no expert but we did get MUCH more frequent balance changes in GW1. If you want the PvP community to grow not only do we need more game modes but also more frequent updates. Variety is the spice in a game like this and right now if you want to be competitive you’re stuck with 1-3 builds per class for the most part.

The amount of changes isn’t the problem, it’s how infrequently they come.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Old school Shatter mesmer is getting hit really hard by the blanket Might nerf.
We’ve been picking up 3-5% damage buffs for like a year and now you drop 14% Damage off might?

But WAIT your useless weapons are still useless because the buffs don’t go far enough.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

What is might? #RANGERBUUUFFFFFFFFF

in PvP

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Old school Shatter mesmer is getting hit really hard by the blanket Might nerf.
We’ve been picking up 3-5% damage buffs for like a year and now you drop 14% Damage off might?

But WAIT your useless weapons are still useless because the buffs don’t go far enough.

How are you computing 14% damage loss from might?

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in PvP

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

Still think they should do something about thiefs unmatched mobility and buff some other spike builds like Fresh air ele’s. Also I don’t really get why hard counters still exist in game? It’s boring and frustrating, and it’s not like you can avoid fighting your hard counter if it’s a thief in a 5 vs 5 game.

(edited by DutchRiders.2871)

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

I love it how everyone makes an opinion, writes it here, and after changes come they start raging on forums because the balance is not right in their personal opinion.
I think customers should start acting like customers and just enjoy the game as is.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I love it how everyone makes an opinion, writes it here, and after changes come they start raging on forums because the balance is not right in their personal opinion.
I think customers should start acting like customers and just enjoy the game as is.

Are you saying the game had a soft balance and fairness since beta?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread