Don’t remove ranks, just punish the sky hammer farmers

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: ishtar.7601

ishtar.7601

Why? Would you like us to hold off releasing these changes so you have more time?

Personally, yes!

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Stryfer.3978

Stryfer.3978

Just like almost everyone said – please leave the ranks. Everything else is fine and even sounds fun. You can take away the glory and the impact a rank has in every respect, but just leave it there for the individual player to work on

Apart from the finishers and the rank number, there is also that lovely medal in the account screen that I wish to maximize

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

like i said in ither topic

hotjoins + curent rank system promote brainles farming/spaming/zerging , then on soloque u have 5 ppl caping one point , i respect your opinions guys , my opinion is just diffrent , and if the system change will improve curent state of the game (wich i think willl) i can deal that my time spended doing tournaments to get my rank will be how to say it “removed” , with current state of pvp wicth is on critical level i am up for any change , those changes are big thats why i am looking with optimism for the next monhts and i hope devs will finaly improve pvp. Like i dont care atm abour rank/gear/leeder i want this game to be realy good pvp competetive game with big commiunity , esport?? yes it will come easy when we will get good ppl base and reword/leeder system

That’s all fine and dandy until you find that the people with whom you were playing weren’t really big on being at the top of a ladder anyway. I consider myself a hardcore pvper, but could care less about my rank on a leaderboard.

I think there needs to be more stats to go along with pvp to feed this playing for keeps mentality. I want to know every little bit of info about my play, not about some ladder position.

Personal goals drive me (like personal stats (not as in gear) and finishers), not goals for which I set that are relative to anyone else.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I am for this change;

Rank=! skill and therefore was a terrible idea in the first place; The implementation of it was very well done though possibly the best I’ve seen in any mmo; account-wide/displays after match/Steady progression/cosmetic rewards only/etc

Instead of ranks, can we get symbols/icons next to our names to display our Ladder position after matches?

Coal Copper silver gold platinum crystal etc icons would be cool.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

Leadder position in still not working good matchamking, aha…

Rank points only for tournament wins, give ppl rank based on wins they already have (so r46 is a high, tournament scored rank). A gw1 system that worked. It’s that simple.
No for ladder ranking lol.

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

As I wrote in CDI topic:

Ranks will be removed imho because they are unnecessary considering what PVP is supposed to be.
There is no competitive game (afaik) out there where you are rewarded for how long you play. Rewards are based on how good you play.
Let’s take LoL as example, since it is the most played competitive game: you have an account level, from 1 to 30, which only purpose is to be an entry barrier to ranked matches. And that is exactly how it should be in GW2 imho.

Players need skill-based rewards, not farm-based ones.

But in LoL even if you lose all the time you will still reach lv30, its not about individual skill but time spent playing and getting a good team.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Id like some time to work at getting my rank higher still so I can unlock the finishers, so dont implement this change too quickly. Apparently rank 80 wasnt even reached yet, Id at Least like to see that happen.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

DUDE, I want the phoenix and dragon finishers and shark one…the only reason why I played Spvp, if u make it harder and longer to get them well im not gonna play spvp anymore

Are you Shpongled?

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

So if ranks are going, what is going to happen to the animal showing on the home/login page? Or am I misunderstanding something…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: ExpelHax.8012

ExpelHax.8012

r60-r64 = 600k glory
600k glory = ~2150 brainless hotjoin games
600k glory = ~600 hrs playtime

option A: dont remove ranks/glory or atleast make high rank permanent finishers achievable
option B: players need to know when ranks get wiped 6 months before it happens

and the worst thing would be, that brainless skyhammer farmers are allowed to keep their phoenix? and the legit high ranks will never be able to achieve it in time???
thats unfair and very disrespectful

Y Iisey Y, desolation EU
Fifty Five Hp Monks [ELE]

(edited by ExpelHax.8012)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Yellow Robot.7234

Yellow Robot.7234

When rank points are removed will the AP and titles of the
Gladiator/Mercenary/Avenger/Ransacker/Marauder/Ravager/ Reaper/Mist Walker
also be removed? I’m getting close to getting Ransacker and want to know if I should grind it out before its to late.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Yellow Robot.7234

Yellow Robot.7234

Will /rank still work?

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: curlydim.8461

curlydim.8461

“If I understand what people are saying, and I may be wrong, many people are treating ranks as more of a lifetime achievement. That is certainly something to consider in regards to the future reward system replacing them.”

Ranks are a lifetime achievement though. In GW1 /rank was a huge deal. I would like to continue playing pvp and eventually get all the finishers needed.

Maybe we can still have glory on the side just for the purpose of ranking and having the finishers (or at least just the finishers). The planned system is nice, however pvp in Guild Wars has always been about ranks (and more specifically the awesome emotes that only a handful of people have). I mean nobody has the dragon right? Removing ranks before someone gets it means we will never see it.

I am a baby pvper and I am still learning lots and these upcoming changes excite me, however on the other hand I am being put off and it really bothers me that I wouldn’t be able to progress my rank as it is now…

Just saying and hope this helps some way

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

A lot of people are misunderstanding what is happening. People who have earned their rank emotes and finishers will get to keep them as they are.

If I understand what people are saying, and I may be wrong, many people are treating ranks as more of a lifetime achievement. That is certainly something to consider in regards to the future reward system replacing them.

Why do you need to replace them at all? When achievement points were made more robust (included in the Living Story, rewards given every 500 points etc) ArenaNet didn’t remove the existing achievement points or reset anything. Ranks don’t need to be mutually exclusive with any new systems, you can still have rank progression as a passive progression for people already invested in them.

It seems the sPvP dev team views ranks as a fixed achievement – wherever you are now is what you wanted. Many players view ranks as ongoing achievements – continuous progression, the current steps only mean as much as the next step. If you freeze that in time, the past progression will mean nothing for a lot of people.

Think of ranks as long term goals like a legendary weapon. For a year I’ve invested my time in saving up to make Bifrost (permanent plain Bear finisher), the legendary staff. All of a sudden you retire Bifrost and I can’t make it any more, but instead offer me the ability to start from scratch and make the new legendary raven staff (Bear finisher with silver sparkles that resets every season and has to be re-earned), but I don’t want the raven staff, I want Bifrost and that’s what I’ve been working towards for over a year. Now I’m stuck with the legend precursor (Dolyak finisher) and all that time was wasted because you’ve made my progress obsolete by freezing progression.

The thing about ranks as a lifetime achievement is they aren’t a lifetime achievement if you remove the last 15 months (or more) of your time in the game to implement a new “lifetime” achievement reward – it’s too late. Our lifetime in the game started over a year ago, our progression has been tracked for over a year now. Even if we keep our current rank, it’s going to be the same as throwing out our current progression if you create a new system and freeze the old one. The finishers might stay but the progression is gone.

Just don’t touch ranks. Implement new systems but leave ranks as they are.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: TomTheLegend.7812

TomTheLegend.7812

“If I understand what people are saying, and I may be wrong, many people are treating ranks as more of a lifetime achievement. That is certainly something to consider in regards to the future reward system replacing them.”

Ranks are a lifetime achievement though. In GW1 /rank was a huge deal. I would like to continue playing pvp and eventually get all the finishers needed.

Maybe we can still have glory on the side just for the purpose of ranking and having the finishers (or at least just the finishers). The planned system is nice, however pvp in Guild Wars has always been about ranks (and more specifically the awesome emotes that only a handful of people have). I mean nobody has the dragon right? Removing ranks before someone gets it means we will never see it.

I am a baby pvper and I am still learning lots and these upcoming changes excite me, however on the other hand I am being put off and it really bothers me that I wouldn’t be able to progress my rank as it is now…

Just saying and hope this helps some way

I agree here and with everyone that whats to keep what they have earned, and want to work to get in the future.
Rank in GW1 was a huge deal, and so was the gwamm title, now you can see that Anet let the gwamm title convert over, but not the rank from gw1.
I would really really want Anet to implement the PVP rank from gw1 as a title for your gw2, also the same emote that the rank had in gw1 would be able to be used in gw2! that would make me soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!

what i mean is that in gw1 if you did /rank you would get a deer(r3), wolf (r6), tiger(9), phoenix(r12), would love to see like /rankgw1 and it be the same graphic you had in gw1!
plus your characters could have say the title Eminent Hero

would this take a lot to implement into gw1? if not that would be super awsome
can a dev answer this for me please?

(edited by TomTheLegend.7812)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I don’t quite see why the Ranks needs to go, just because a seasonal ladder system is getting implemented. They can both co-exist nicely, can’t they? What’s wrong with having players earning their ranks and finishers within Structured as it is currently, but also competing in the seasonal ladders if they are interested in that? Those not all that interested in the ladders, can still have their goals within earning their Ranks as they casually keep playing.

“… to give PvP players ways to set goals and work towards them …”

Why remove/replace something that was already a goal for both hardcore and casual PvP players, instead of adding additional goals through the seasonal ladder system? I don’t quite get what you’re thinking here.

I like the idea of titles, but those could be implemented while still keeping the Ranks system around. That’d just be a little icing on the cake when working towards your next animal. The game sorely needs more titles anyways.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I’d hate to think that their main incentive for removing ranks is to use the finishers for the ladder system. The finishers are desirable and using them in the ladders would be a way to attract players. Messed up though.

… I still want tengu.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: sablephoenix.1593

sablephoenix.1593

Speaking as someone who only does PvP casually for the achievements involved and, yes, the rank involved, removing rank progression and the earning of new finishers is a horrible idea.

I hate ladders, and no matter what I’m certain I’ll completely ignore whatever form of ladder you eventually put in the game. I would hate the ladder even more if it took away a form of reward which I can actually look forward to playing PvP for.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Speaking as someone who only does PvP casually for the achievements involved and, yes, the rank involved, removing rank progression and the earning of new finishers is a horrible idea.

I hate ladders, and no matter what I’m certain I’ll completely ignore whatever form of ladder you eventually put in the game. I would hate the ladder even more if it took away a form of reward which I can actually look forward to playing PvP for.

You cant stand it if a player who’s better than you has something you dont? You dont want a ladder to show you that other people are better? Must each Finisher or title be grinded and attainable by everybody?

If all that keeps you playing is a reward or a little useless number that’s useless because everyone can get it as long as they sit in their chair for a long time, i think you’re right at home in PvE anyway.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

Why not giving everyone something?

For the competive players some kind of unique appearance based on the ladder position. And also for competitive players a monthly tournament which rewards also special appearance like trims – as it was in guild wars 1. But give the reward to the PLAYERS and not the their guild, to prevent people from buying themselfs into such an guild – again compare to guild wars 1! I think this is what the competitive players want?! correct me please if i’m wrong here.

Then do something for the “hardcore” pvp players, the people that play a lot but are not on top of the ladder or dont even care about the ladder. Maybe also introduce a secound set of tournaments that is unranked (so the AP hunters can farm their titels and dont interfere with the competitive players). This group needs also something to show off. Not sure what this could be… Maybe the current ranking system was a good reward for them?!

And last but not… u know..
The casuals! I consider them to be the people who are logging into pvp time by time. Maybe for a guild event or just for fun. They want rewards too, but maybe not to show off how good pvp players they are… they are pbly mainly coming from pve, so they maybe want some rewards that can be used in pve! Gold for example? maybe not the large ammounts you can get in pve but still something.

I can’t see any reason why just a small part of the players should get rewards, or why a small group is excluded from the rewards. Just reward them acordingly to that they see as an reward!
Most people here want to keep the ranks and think about quitting if you take them… so obviously let them in game! Also a lot of people dont like the hj farmers that can show of high ranks, but are bad players actually (of course there are a few good hj farmers too). But they invested time into the rank grind too, why take away what they have achived legally? Im not talking about skyhammer abusers (this has NOTHING to do with pvp), i would like to see their ranks taken away…
But the hj players just play a different pvp, maybe leave rank for this group and give the “hardcore pvp” players something else IN ADDITION that they can work for. Or split the current rank system into 2 tiers:
Tier one: All rankpoints gained in hot join matches – measure for the hot join participation – maybe keep the finishers the same but change tha banner under the pet.
Tier two: The rank system for tournament players, supposed to show how much tournament exp someone has. Same finishers as current or a slightly different version?

So everyone has something to show off!

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

(edited by Tranassa.4968)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Suggestion: Hide ranks from the scoreboard, but freeze players at their rank and allow them to retain their current finishers (except for those who exploited skyhammer — their ranks/finishers should be reset). Keep the /rank command to reward long-term PvPers so they can show off their previous dedication and accomplishments.

PvPers who have legitimately played to earn their glory/rank should not be punished by the new changes. Rather, they should be rewarded for keeping the community alive. This was an approach taken by another MMO that shall not be named: Players were allowed to keep their rank and titles even though they served no purpose after the PVP rewards system was redesigned.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: ishtar.7601

ishtar.7601

There is no competitive game (afaik) out there where you are rewarded for how long you play. Rewards are based on how good you play.

Dota2 has a “rank” system called “Battle Points” that only increases by games played, not how many times you win.

You get a set amount of battle points at the end of the match, regardless if you win or lose, and can increase the amount with boosters.

The ranks, or levels in this case, don’t really do much. However, for every few levels up to level 11, it unlocks different levels of unlocks. So a level one player can’t obtain “Immortal” quality items though the drop system until they are level 11. The system is more to discourage botting than anything (unless you get 10 accounts up to level 11 that is).

Perhaps the rank system can be changed to be something like this with the planned gold rewards? The higher your rank, the greater potential your reward is, up to a certain point. Finishers can stay in every 10 ranks in this system as a reward in-case you are unlucky with other rewards.

Of course, this does nothing to address those who boosted their rank though illegitimate farming.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

A lot of people are misunderstanding what is happening. People who have earned their rank emotes and finishers will get to keep them as they are.

If I understand what people are saying, and I may be wrong, many people are treating ranks as more of a lifetime achievement. That is certainly something to consider in regards to the future reward system replacing them.

I have saw some posts on other thread along the lines of this. I would love for the ranks and their finishers to be converted to achievement ranks. I mean these are really things that some players are aiming for in pvp, especially since finisher became useful in areas of pve as well.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Ranks should be removed. Everything about this update is great except the fact that you’ll be able to earn gold in CA and HJ. That should not happen, it will be abused 100%, players will find the way to manipulate it and get rich eevn if you have a 1 silver reward per game.
Also, this update should be released as soon as possible.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

r60-r64 = 600k glory
600k glory = ~2150 brainless hotjoin games
600k glory = ~600 hrs playtime

option A: dont remove ranks/glory or atleast make high rank permanent finishers achievable
option B: players need to know when ranks get wiped 6 months before it happens

and the worst thing would be, that brainless skyhammer farmers are allowed to keep their phoenix? and the legit high ranks will never be able to achieve it in time???
thats unfair and very disrespectful

I kind of agree here. The rank system is a disgusting grind. I have played something like 2700 games since release and am only just about rank 41. I spend a huge amount of time doing nothing but PvP. If I was to average those games at 10 minutes a piece, I have spent 450 hours or 18.75 days just playing games in the mists. It kind of disgusts me the difference between 18.75 days played in PvP vs PvE. What do I have to show for it, a tiger finisher? How about that awesome PvP Dark Armor I could have got in like 1/10th the time in PvE? Well worth the time spent. lol

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Please remove ranks, they do not indicate anything meaningful since Skyhammer farming started months ago.

Just nuke ranks.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

(edited by Serdoc.7261)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

The thing is imo that there are a LOT more players in hotjoin than in tourneys imo.

If ranks are what currently drives you to play then there really isnt mcuh incentive to go tourneys.

Also the waiting is still an issue :/ but that would actually improve with more players

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

The thing is imo that there are a LOT more players in hotjoin than in tourneys imo.

If ranks are what currently drives you to play then there really isnt mcuh incentive to go tourneys.

Also the waiting is still an issue :/ but that would actually improve with more players

I play hotjoin and solo queue, but I can’t be bothered to waste my time on team queue these days.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Muzical.1396

Muzical.1396

^ That
I’ve liked sPvP precisely because it was 100% divorced from PvE, and now that’s going away, and if Skill Points will have ANY part of it, well thank you, ArenaNet, for punishing me for my sPvP main not being my PvE main. (Map-clearing is just about the most boring mechanic I’ve ever found in a game, and that I’d have to do so to get my sPvP main extra skill points ticks me off; I don’t use her in PvE enough to get them through leveling, either.) I played sPvP on my lunch breaks at work, and I liked it because it rewarded persistence and dailies and monthlies could be slowly worked on in that hour timeframe. The leaderboards were something I could happily ignore, since nothing about them affected me in-game anyway.

I’ve only been playing since April, not launch or beta, and I didn’t start doing sPvP until a now-former guildmate introduced me to it, and I didn’t start sPvPing too regularly until I created my ranger. (Elementalist is hard as is, and in sPvP where I’m not up against some idiot AI, I was going squish more often than not.) I main the ele in PvE, but ranger in sPvP and since it all went into one big account-based pool, it didn’t matter on which toons I sPvP’d or how often, and I could use a toon who wasn’t even high enough level to HAVE skill points in PvE with no penalty. The second you introduce any PvE skill points, though, that separation, for me the strongest “sell” of sPvP, is violated. So I feel that I’m being “punished” in various ways for not playing PvE in a certain way and from not being in the game since launch.

If players have been farming Skyhammer, and I have no idea how they would (this thread is the first I’ve heard of it,) punish them and them alone and leave me out of it. I’d also like to throw out there that punishing EVERYONE for the behavior of a few gives me little initiative to report someone I DO see exploiting the system; if I report them, I’ll be punished in your next patch even though I didn’t do anything wrong.

This whole sPvP “roadmap” is one unmitigated disaster after another and after the December 10th patch starts the train, I’m leaving GW2. Thank you, ArenaNet, for ruining it; the Scarlet cancer had already mostly ruined PvE for me, y’all let her infect WvW, also, and sPvP was the only thing I really “had left.” (The PvE “rebalance” destroying my builds didn’t help, either.)

TC; 80s: asura ele, ranger, warrior, sylvari thief; up-and-coming: norn engie, charr necromancer

(edited by Muzical.1396)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

^ That
I’ve liked sPvP precisely because it was 100% divorced from PvE, and now that’s going away, and if Skill Points will have ANY part of it, well thank you, ArenaNet, for punishing me for my sPvP main not being my PvE main. (Map-clearing is just about the most boring mechanic I’ve ever found in a game, and that I’d have to do so to get my sPvP main extra skill points ticks me off; I don’t use her in PvE enough to get them through leveling, either.) I played sPvP on my lunch breaks at work, and I liked it because it rewarded persistence and dailies and monthlies could be slowly worked on in that hour timeframe. The leaderboards were something I could happily ignore, since nothing about them affected me in-game anyway.

I’ve only been playing since April, not launch or beta, and I didn’t start doing sPvP until a now-former guildmate introduced me to it, and I didn’t start sPvPing too regularly until I created my ranger. (Elementalist is hard as is, and in sPvP where I’m not up against some idiot AI, I was going squish more often than not.) I main the ele in PvE, but ranger in sPvP and since it all went into one big account-based pool, it didn’t matter on which toons I sPvP’d or how often, and I could use a toon who wasn’t even high enough level to HAVE skill points in PvE with no penalty. The second you introduce any PvE skill points, though, that separation, for me the strongest “sell” of sPvP, is violated. So I feel that I’m being “punished” in various ways for not playing PvE in a certain way and from not being in the game since launch.

If players have been farming Skyhammer, and I have no idea how they would (this thread is the first I’ve heard of it,) punish them and them alone and leave me out of it. I’d also like to throw out there that punishing EVERYONE for the behavior of a few gives me little initiative to report someone I DO see exploiting the system; if I report them, I’ll be punished in your next patch even though I didn’t do anything wrong.

This whole sPvP “roadmap” is one unmitigated disaster after another and after the December 10th patch starts the train, I’m leaving GW2. Thank you, ArenaNet, for ruining it; the Scarlet cancer had already mostly ruined PvE for me, y’all let her infect WvW, also, and sPvP was the only thing I really “had left.” (The PvE “rebalance” destroying my builds didn’t help, either.)

As far as I know, we can get skillpoints in spvp. We can buy the level up tomes, and levelling up also gives a skillpoint. Theyre not forcing you into pve just to do anything in pvp :P

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Muzical.1396

And that’s better than the current system….how….? Being able to “buy” skill points is just as pointless. I thought GW2 was trying to avoid being a “pay to win” game, but that’s changing more and more now. (Ascended crafting, anyone?)

TC; 80s: asura ele, ranger, warrior, sylvari thief; up-and-coming: norn engie, charr necromancer

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Miflett.3472

You cant stand it if a player who’s better than you has something you dont? You dont want a ladder to show you that other people are better? Must each Finisher or title be grinded and attainable by everybody?

If all that keeps you playing is a reward or a little useless number that’s useless because everyone can get it as long as they sit in their chair for a long time, i think you’re right at home in PvE anyway.

I think what you are opposed to is the very definition of even grounds and competition. The guinness book of world records doesn’t stop taking note of achievements after someone successfully scarfs down 60 bananas.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

The only thing that needs to be removed is skyhammer from solo q.

Vipassana

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Silent Avenger.6928

Silent Avenger.6928

I don’t see how you couldn’t see ranks as a lifetime achievement. So to reach Dragon rank/finisher you need 8971500 total rank points. Let’s say you only play Team Queue and win every game you play that would mean you need approx 17943 games to reach dragon rank. Let’s say I’m a fairly active sPvPer and I play about 30 games a day that means I would need 598 days to get to get to dragon rank at 30 games a day every day(the game isn’t even that old yet).

That’s a lot of games and a lot of time there’s a reason why no one has dragon rank yet. I was hoping to get phoenix rank someday and I can only play 4-5 hot joins a night because soloQ always seems broken and it’s extremely hard for me (work/life schedule) to get a reliable team for team Q. It’s gonna take a long time to get to that rank and removing the ability to get the finisher/rank outright feels like you’re stealing something away from me(yes maybe a little much but that’s what it feels like). As soon as I heard about ranks/finishers not being earnable anymore really put me off sPvP because all I can think of is “Why bother I’m not gonna make it to my goal before they take it away anyways” then I just go afk in pve and do something else instead of playing gw2(already considering other games sadly). Changing the rewards system sure but removing the ability to gain the ranks/finishers please don’t do it. Not to mention a lot of people I know decided to start playing sPvP because the finishers actually meant something now that they are usable in pve and wvw.

As for the rank/glory farmers they should be punished. As I’ve heard it’s only doable in the skyhammer map, so then why is that map still in game if it’s not fixed? Anyways, I’ve made my point, change the way the ranks/finishers are earned but don’t remove them especially when no one has even reached the dragon rank yet.

Sincerely,
Disappointed player waiting to be proven wrong.

Crimson Fatality ~ Mesmer ~ Northern Shiverpeaks

Tainted Phoenix[PHNX] – Mesmer Collective[Mes]

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I don’t know how much I will want to PvP when this happens.

The constant progression really adds to the experience, and I like it when I see people at a high rank.

The unlocking of skins as you rank up is the best part for me, so this really makes me sad.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Who cares on rank now a days, let those ranks/glory farmer Role-play those finishers and medals they had. let them splash like a shark, rebirth like a phoenix, roar like a dragonborn. those filthy farmers *wink
they voted Ellen Kiel let them have fractals kitten dat kitten .

The Day shall come when the Lord of Secrets
Will be freed of his Tormented Prison
When the other gods will quail before his power
And The Night is Dark and full of Terror

someone put a Balthazar armor set on gemstore!

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

We need all these changes you are planning to do expet of removing the ranks! for many reasons such us that gives the sense of competition, finishers, achievements and for me also is a type of end game, trying to rank up as much as possible is something that i like…

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Cyga.1246

Cyga.1246

20 LVLs of fractals deleted. Now Anet will delete ranks. What’s next? Legendary, Character lvl or maybe introduce new WvW rank system and delete old one? I am very disappointed by your policy. My very long term goal was to obtain Dragon rank. Now i have no motivation to play anymore.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

Ladders are nice as a competitive feature but it’s transient (temporary) by nature.

The rank system is permanent. It’s a lifetime achievement showing how much time you’ve invested into sPvP.

How can anyone in their right mind think it’d be a good idea to just take that away from a dedicated playerbase after they’ve been slaving over the ridiculous requirements for over a year?

Feel free to remove glory as a currency, but keep rank points the way it is (except for the Skyhammer farmers who need to be banned). There is no reason why we can’t have both a long term lifetime achievement and a seasons system.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Miflett.3472

Ladders are nice as a competitive feature but it’s transient (temporary) by nature.

The rank system is permanent. It’s a lifetime achievement showing how much time you’ve invested into sPvP.

How can anyone in their right mind think it’d be a good idea to just take that away from a dedicated playerbase after they’ve been slaving over the ridiculous requirements for over a year?

Feel free to remove glory as a currency, but keep rank points the way it is (except for the Skyhammer farmers who need to be banned). There is no reason why we can’t have both a long term lifetime achievement and a seasons system.

Good point.

I think the general consensus is that there are two main groups of pvpers. Those who value short term goals and those who value long term goals. Why not placate both by keeping the current system and expanding on it? I want those finishers, I should be able to put in a great deal of effort and obtain them. They are what we call a lifetime achievement.

Please listen to us on this one; though your track record may not look great for listening, consider this an open invitation to consider both forms of play equally.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Ranks are staying FYI.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Muzical.1396

Even if ranks are staying, they’d pretty much have to roll back their entire “road map” to convince me to stay, and given ANet’s track record on such things…

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Did they decide to scrap this whole idea?
Are they ever removing ranks/glory or the new glory NPC?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I think replacing glory points with gold is not a good idea since they can buy gold via 3rd party sellers or in game store. At least pvp glory had to stay as a gift for personal pvp effort.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkcomet.2975

Pinkcomet.2975

I PVEr just PVP for daily. only Dolyak here.

Even that I feel like Rollback lv, gear, gold for PVEr.
Like any Pirate MMO server always do.

If i m Tiger PVPer this can make me quit this game for sure.
This is a very risk plan.
You improve (at least what you think) the gameplay by kill some dedicated players.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Ghostly Heno.6589

Ghostly Heno.6589

Just create something like ‘fame’ in GW1. No rewards for lose. More rewards from continuous wins.

Each PvP player will agree with this… I don’t have 12 hours a day for playing (so as my team) so I can’t grind ranks, and still it’s easy to win with ~r50 ppl.

Currently I’m rank 37 (after almost a year of absence) and my PvE friends who sometimes even don’t know objectives on maps have r40+ from just a year of daily questing.

I don’t mind rewarding hardcore players in PvE but since there are no real tournaments in GW2 (with serious rewards) and the only thing you can achieve in PvP is virtual rank points, it’s just sad how this game rewards ppl with no real life in this aspect of the game.

I’m sorry for the mistakes in grammar, but english isn’t my native language.

Regards,
Heno.

Removing Ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

funny thing is, just switching the system won’t change anything,
they need to remove suckhammer,
otherwise farmers will just grind the new currency just as they’ve done with glory.

ANET! remove skyhammer already nobody other than trolls and farmers want it, get rid of it! you don’t even need to admit you screwed up by putting everything we all hate on one map, just get rid of it!