Revenant will never not be OP

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Q:

The most broken class in the game will never receive the nerfs it deserves. This is Anet’s toy to anyone who didn’t buy the expansion yet. They see Rev and see just how OP it is and so they buy HoT to be part of OP bandwagon.

While we’re on the topic of nerfs, how about some nerfs to Engi, Necro and Mesmer?

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Erm … all expansion elites are op compared to base game classes. What’s your point o.O

And since you asked for nerfs on the 3 professions that could kill revenant efficiently, i’d go and tell you that a thief can shred a revenant with a blink of an eye.

Actually there are 2-3 viable thief builds against revenant. Go figure.

Even condi warrior has chance against reaper. Quite a big chance at that.

Meanwhile revenant is one of the classes that require high skillcap to play efficiently, kinda like the thief. Between legend and weapon swapping you have to monitor your energy too. Within all of this, you have to monitor your enemy and dodge their abilities.

Go ahead and try rev.
I double dare you to try and be OP with malyx revenant.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

revenant 80% – thief 20%
(on same level of skill)

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

revenant 80% – thief 20%
(on same level of skill)

How precisely? If they run the meta power shiro with the shield it’s a losing game for them. I can agree that things change when they put on an axe. You are likely to dodge the precision strike, you have 3 second block followed by a knockdown to prevent their unrelenting assault (or stealth, which breaks it). The stolen ability slows them down and with improvisation you slow them twice which should give you enough time to use basilisk venom/regain initiative/steal cooldown to set up another burst in their face.

Superspeed shiro is nasty because of the sword’s 3rd hit but you can wait that out in stealth or shadowstep away and they’ll be forced to switch legends to regain the energy.

IMO even the pre-HoT D/P meta build would be able to annoy or pressure them immensely with shadow arts instead of daredevil.

Of course that’s just theory talk. Most revs I’ve faced are bandwagoners that can’t play i guess.

Basilisk venom these days hits through their blocks.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Revenant is a very hard class to play; they have amazing tools to pressure and burst, excellent combat mobility and sustain, but also they have very clear weak points -condition cleanse, limited access to breakstuns-. You make a mistake with the rotations, a bad management of the energy and it’s over.

Every time I see a Rev recking people is due the player is good. Some classes are still underpowered, but I find the current state of the Rev fine, a spot to aim for most of classes: being strong at specific roles but weak at some others. I find that currently Scrappers are stronger (with less burst but more sustain), but didn’t saw any class being “op” in the current meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Revenant is a very hard class to play; they have amazing tools to pressure and burst, excellent combat mobility and sustain, but also they have very clear weak points -condition cleanse, limited access to breakstuns-. You make a mistake with the rotations, a bad management of the energy and it’s over.

Every time I see a Rev recking people is due the player is good. Some classes are still underpowered, but I find the current state of the Rev fine, a spot to aim for most of classes: being strong at specific roles but weak at some others. I find that currently Scrappers are stronger (with less burst but more sustain), but didn’t saw any class being “op” in the current meta.

Well, rev is op, the only way to outrotate a rev is to bring another rev

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Now that is not true. Thies is still the fastest profession in the game. A rev has a chance at chasing me, thats all. As stated before, a 1v1 thief vs rev usually favours the thief, rev just performs better in teamfights and against most other classes.

Revs are op, but not due to mechanics or complete broken’ness. They just have too high numbers on a couple of skills and their sustain is too braindead where it should be based on skill and good movement.

in PvP

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

I am sure this game isn’t balanced around professions against profession.
Whenever i see 2 revs in enemy team i switch necro which pwns rev hard so yes revs are not almighty after all. They have their strength’s against some professions while lose to others at the same time. That’s pretty balanced IMO.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Whenever i see 2 revs in enemy team i switch necro

Yo, this is exactly what you should not do (unless your team doesnt have any nec)

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Now that is not true. Thies is still the fastest profession in the game. A rev has a chance at chasing me, thats all. As stated before, a 1v1 thief vs rev usually favours the thief, rev just performs better in teamfights and against most other classes.

Revs are op, but not due to mechanics or complete broken’ness. They just have too high numbers on a couple of skills and their sustain is too braindead where it should be based on skill and good movement.

But thief loses fair fights, rev doesnt, so my point stands. A thief will rotate to plus one someone, while rev can do it equally fast but also he can rotate to fair fights, which means that hes overperforming with his rotations compared to thief

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

I am sure this game isn’t balanced around professions against profession.
Whenever i see 2 revs in enemy team i switch necro which pwns rev hard so yes revs are not almighty after all. They have their strength’s against some professions while lose to others at the same time. That’s pretty balanced IMO.

There were 4 necros between the 4 teams in the semi-finals of pro-league, yet despite that there were also 7 revs and zero thieves, warriors or guards, you think that makes revs ‘pretty balanced’?

in PvP

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

There were 4 necros between the 4 teams in the semi-finals of pro-league, yet despite that there were also 7 revs and zero thieves, warriors or guards, you think that makes revs ‘pretty balanced’?

Honestly i think Revenant, Necromancer & Engineer are currently meta tier and there is simply no reason to play anything else at higher levels. You may want to put in a single ele/druid for support but thats about it.
You can’t fix it by nerfing either one, anet either needs to nerf all these 3 or bring others to their level.
But i still think theif has a very good chance against a rev of same skill cap, warr has no chance.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

revenant 80% – thief 20%
(on same level of skill)

How precisely? If they run the meta power shiro with the shield it’s a losing game for them. I can agree that things change when they put on an axe. You are likely to dodge the precision strike, you have 3 second block followed by a knockdown to prevent their unrelenting assault (or stealth, which breaks it). The stolen ability slows them down and with improvisation you slow them twice which should give you enough time to use basilisk venom/regain initiative/steal cooldown to set up another burst in their face.

Superspeed shiro is nasty because of the sword’s 3rd hit but you can wait that out in stealth or shadowstep away and they’ll be forced to switch legends to regain the energy.

IMO even the pre-HoT D/P meta build would be able to annoy or pressure them immensely with shadow arts instead of daredevil.

Of course that’s just theory talk. Most revs I’ve faced are bandwagoners that can’t play i guess.

Thief Block ’Bandit’s Defence’ is 1.5secs. The knockdown ‘Reflexive Strike’ won’t land while Rev is evading during Unrelenting Assault.
That being said Bandit’s Defence will block Unrelenting Assault BUT if Rev uses UA on cooldown it will be available while Bandit’s Defence is still on cooldown – unless Thief is traited to lower the cooldown of physical skills with Brawler’s Tenacity.

Also fyi – applying Basilisk Venom (1sec cast, 40sec cd) mid fight to break through Rev’s bubble is hardly a counter to it.

I’m not saying OMG nerf Rev – but you’re making out like thief counters Rev which is odd considering Rev is more commonly believed to be replacing Thief in a lot of previously Thief-y roles.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

The fact a Power Ranger can CC lock a Revenant and kill him before taking a single hit shows clearly that Revenant can’t even be considered OP

in PvP

Krysard.1364

The fact a Power Ranger can CC lock a Revenant and kill him before taking a single hit shows clearly that Revenant can’t even be considered OP

How do you CC lock Shiro?

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

revenant 80% – thief 20%
(on same level of skill)

Thief Block ’Bandit’s Defence’ is 1.5secs. The knockdown ‘Reflexive Strike’ won’t land while Rev is evading during Unrelenting Assault.
That being said Bandit’s Defence will block Unrelenting Assault BUT if Rev uses UA on cooldown it will be available while Bandit’s Defence is still on cooldown – unless Thief is traited to lower the cooldown of physical skills with Brawler’s Tenacity.

Also fyi – applying Basilisk Venom (1sec cast, 40sec cd) mid fight to break through Rev’s bubble is hardly a counter to it.

I’m not saying OMG nerf Rev – but you’re making out like thief counters Rev which is odd considering Rev is more commonly believed to be replacing Thief in a lot of previously Thief-y roles.

You are mixing utility with 1on1 prowess. Yes, revenant is replacing the thief in the role of backcapping and generally map annoyance and +1 in teamfights because, it’s not as paper as the thief. That and the permanent swiftness making it basically a fast runner.

However in 1on1 thief vs rev the thief is not the one that’s shorthanded. Even that joke of a build that is condi thief can beat up rev because the revs can’t cleanse all that well.

EDIT: Also my worrding was bad, sorry for that. I meant you’d most likely be blocking through unrelenting assault and THEN you’ll kick the revenant in the balls for a knockdown.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

:( … you seem really confident on this bullcrab.
ofc a good thief wrecks bad revenants. you cant imagine how many revs i’ve blown up w/o getting sweat.
Players with decent mechanical skills and with enough matches on the class to understand the class and memorize all combos, blinds, stunbreaks, instants etc… you are most likely to loose against.

+?what on earth is wrong with ppl like him??:

are you ppl having a mental breakdown or just playing on a skill level where revs need go l2p? I mean rev isnt THAT easy. Its easy to pull off (some) broken combos and reach actual map presence, but mastering the class is close to thief level.

edit: missed your last post..

However in 1on1 thief vs rev the thief is not the one that’s shorthanded. Even that joke of a build that is condi thief can beat up rev because the revs can’t cleanse all that well.

EDIT: Also my worrding was bad, sorry for that. I meant you’d most likely be blocking through unrelenting assault and THEN you’ll kick the revenant in the balls for a knockdown.

who on earth plays condi thief???

you mean kick reve like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HvjS6Kyr8A
and loose 50%hp due to a 4sec cd skill. reasonable.

(edited by MadVisions.4529)

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The most broken class in the game will never receive the nerfs it deserves. This is Anet’s toy to anyone who didn’t buy the expansion yet. They see Rev and see just how OP it is and so they buy HoT to be part of OP bandwagon.

While we’re on the topic of nerfs, how about some nerfs to Engi, Necro and Mesmer?

So you got smashed by a rev a few times? Ever thought they are not OP, but they might be better players than you?

I can stomp people, and be stomped. it happens, there are always better players out there than you, same for me.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

you mean kick reve like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HvjS6Kyr8A
and loose 50%hp due to a 4sec cd skill. reasonable.

Yeah well this kick needs few evasion frames as well :U Can’t count the times where some thief bombed me while I was in an animation. With a ready withdraw nonetheless. Usually I know that revenants know i’ll be kicking and I give them few seconds to “dodge me” and that’s when I actually cast the kick. All this due to it having no evasion frames and i need to stay vigilant few more seconds before dropping it.

And I meet troll condi thieves all the time. I said its a joke of a build because it doesn’t help the team at all, it is just a trolling build. Nothing more, nothing less. However, even though I don’t do a lot of games daily (tops 5, if at all) there is always one game with condi thief xD However they are mostly at the level of heartseeker spamming folks, its just they spam death blossom. It’s not terrible, just annoying because of all the evasion frames they get this way.