Revert revenent sword auto nerfs.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Sword as a weapon serves to single out a target, but as it is that is not possible.

Both sword 2 and sword 3 are reliant upon poor enemy positioning to do damage and against certain classes these attacks will never see their full damage potential. In S1 rev was strong because it was able to +1 in a way similar to thief or pick and choose a target out of a group to nuke. Rev right now can not do that, and rev can not be in team engages where the enemy team has a condi user.

in PvP

Posted by: Vex.9437

Vex.9437

what a joke,revenant it s still JESUS TIER compared to other clases.

in PvP

JayAction.9056

what a joke,revenant it s still JESUS TIER compared to other clases.

Compared to?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Pro teams pick 2 revs, revs are literary reason thieves not doing well in pvp atm (and are not taken for tourneys), OP asks for buffs. No, ty.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

JayAction.9056

Pro teams pick 2 revs, revs are literary reason thieves not doing well in pvp atm (and are not taken for tourneys), OP asks for buffs. No, ty.

Thief is actually a pretty hard match up for rev. The majority of thieves are not very good.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Thief is actually a pretty hard match up for rev. The majority of thieves are not very good.

Thief is good against rev if played correctly, but rev is better vs everything else.
Also, you stated that revs have bad condi cleanse. That’s why pros bring d/f aurashare ele. To remove condis and keep rev healthy, d/f serves no other function than to keep other up.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

How bad are you?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

i agree with opener, unfortunately people are still related to the old meta, i think actualy 2 revs wont work anymore.
But i dont think this is a bad thing. So i dont thing any buff to sword is needed

in PvP

JayAction.9056

Thief is good against rev if played correctly, but rev is better vs everything else.
Also, you stated that revs have bad condi cleanse. That’s why pros bring d/f aurashare ele. To remove condis and keep rev healthy, d/f serves no other function than to keep other up.

So the class is essentially reliant on another just to be able to sustain against condi? That seems like a good idea.

Ele can barely manage to keep rev up against one condi dealer. Vs 2 of them and its pretty much nothing you can do to counter it except outplay seriously.

in PvP

JayAction.9056

How bad are you?

Legend last season… Diamond right now… Prob be legend in a few days.

I’m pretty bad i guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Lol, I can’t tell if this dude is serious. Well, if Anet ever revert the sword nerf; then I will also make sure that they revert any nerf made on warrior since 2012. God revs are evrything under the sun, mobility, dps, etc…

in PvP

Cynz.9437

pvp is not about 1v1…..

All is Vain~

in PvP

JayAction.9056

Lol, I can’t tell if this dude is serious. Well, if Anet ever revert the sword nerf; then I will also make sure that they revert any nerf made on warrior since 2012. God revs are evrything under the sun, mobility, dps, etc…

I’m dead serious. Warr can also use some buffs too. A good warr performs slightly worse than rev(keywords: good and slightly). This thread isn’t about warr however.

in PvP

JayAction.9056

pvp is not about 1v1…..

PvP isn’t about 1v1? Well no kitten sherlock. Golly gee, teach me how to play rev. I assume you’re probably better at it than me.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Sword auto is still too strong. The damage coefficients should be changed to match Ranger 1h sword…. To be fair.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Revert Phase Traversal nerf revs sux

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Cynz.9437

pvp is not about 1v1…..

PvP isn’t about 1v1? Well no kitten sherlock. Golly gee, teach me how to play rev. I assume you’re probably better at it than me.

My point is, do you even understand why thieves are not doing well because of rev? And why revs shouldn’t be buffed?

Also, yes i do play rev. I know pro player that mains rev and even he says rev is really strong right now.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

pvp is not about 1v1…..

Meanwhile thieves crying about not being able to kill ppl 1v1..oh the irony. All is vain?

I think OP asking about reverting sword to it old state btw, when precision strike was utility skill and get back 10% dmg from aa

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Is rev strong, yes. But I think we can all agree that the current meta (power shiro) is really bad at dealing with conditions. Right now 50% of the population is necro. Rev is basically dead meat. So if you play in a organized group with someone that can keep condition off of you (like the pro teams) then sure Rev is god tier, but for solo join, its pretty bad.

Personally I don’t think sword auto should be buff, but rather give us a better way to survive from conditions.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Is rev strong, yes. But I think we can all agree that the current meta (power shiro) is really bad at dealing with conditions. Right now 50% of the population is necro. Rev is basically dead meat. So if you play in a organized group with someone that can keep condition off of you (like the pro teams) then sure Rev is god tier, but for solo join, its pretty bad.

Personally I don’t think sword auto should be buff, but rather give us a better way to survive from conditions.

OR actually remove boon strip from AA and tone down reaper chill? I find the buffs to necro were unnecessary given how bunkers were basically removed.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

OR actually remove boon strip from AA and tone down reaper chill? I find the buffs to necro were unnecessary given how bunkers were basically removed.

I completely agree.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

How bad are you?

I’m pretty bad i guess.

Oh, thats actually pretty good and rare.

But i still think rev is strong enough at its role, especially for chanellig ferocity.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

I think you’re a very spoilt child, Mr JayAction.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

2k+ auto attack dmg, double sigil proc, leech proc from traits, endless on demand quickness and super speed, close 25 might permanent and other modifiers which are 100% on. BabyRage.

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

Also losing 66% on ability 2 and 60% damage on ability 3 to single target in teamfight.. On top of dealing less damage than intended due to wep str not being taken into account.
Now if anyone could show me an ability that lose damage as more targets show up i would be grateful.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

Also losing 66% on ability 2 and 60% damage on ability 3 to single target in teamfight.. On top of dealing less damage than intended due to wep str not being taken into account.
Now if anyone could show me an ability that lose damage as more targets show up i would be grateful.

i knew this would happen. forum comedy.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Sword auto doesn’t need any buffs, it’s still miles better than most AAs in the game (maybe falling behind Thief ones now).

Revenant could use fixes when it comes to Ventari, Jalis and that long-overdue Mallyx rework, but Sword apart from #2 projectile behaviour is fine, quite OP in 1v1s in fact.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

lol

A zerk rev has better survivability than some classes with Paladin/Mercenary/Menders/Cleric and you lose 50% of your hp when the rev accendently press sword 2 and staff 5.
I’m tired to lose 16khp within 3 seconds against an autoattack-spamming monkey while he has quickness and 20 stacks might up. And I’m also tired to see people being successfull on revenant , allthough they were beyond garbage on their actual main-class.
I really don’t know how people can be that delusional to ask for revenant buffs.

Pathetic and disgusting at the same time.

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Burtnik.5218

I knew noone can show me ability that lose damage to single target. But instead we have emeralds that crying about anything. Forum comedy

in PvP

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

I knew noone can show me ability that lose damage to single target. But instead we have emeralds that crying about anything. Forum comedy

Well, in my opinion, it doesn’t lose damage against multiple targets; quite the contrary, it gains damage boost against a single target. Feels more like it.

Like, say, warrior’s “Hundred Blades” deals the same amount of damage against 3 targets or just 1. Or the ranger’s “Maul”. Imagine if the numbers would triple on a single target. It’s a bad example overall, I know it, but still you can see the point, I hope.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

sure. rev got >70% winrate vs thief. i’d consider that a fairly bad matchup couse it doesnt just blow it up like it would do to a gua or war.

Dear op. Rev needs moderate adjusments not buffs to make the game enjoyable again. This ait happen though couse #1 Incompetent ppl are running with knives against suggestions to rework false designed traits and skills, that carry theyr butts. #2 other incompetent ppl are suggesting stupid things like you just did. #3 ANet does not give a kitten. We gonna see what Colin#2 gonna do.

in PvP

Posted by: Enoreth.6742

Enoreth.6742

As a rev, you overperform a thief and a warrior in same way, what do you want more ?

Requïem – Thief | Elyka Aldwick – Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Rev gets destroyed by Condi Thief unless the guy runs Mallyx/Shiro.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

10/10 OP – any more tips for handling thieves on Rev?

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

I guess you have absolutely no idea who you are talking to

in PvP

Cynz.9437

What i find funny about OP posts here is:
- he claims that most thieves suck that is why class doesn’t do well
- yet somehow magically players using other classes are good apparently lol

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

How bad are you?

I’m pretty bad i guess.

It already says enough you’re linking skill to divisions.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.