Season 3 with 2500 viewers on Twitch

in PvP

Posted by: Army of Ninjas.1580

Army of Ninjas.1580

Aaand Overwatch has 100k viewers (500k on launch yesterday). I know it’s a new game and they had a huge marketing/advertising campaign, but still- 2.5k and 500k is a pretty big difference…

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Aaand Overwatch has 100k viewers (500k on launch yesterday). I know it’s a new game and they had a huge marketing/advertising campaign, but still- 2.5k and 500k is a pretty big difference…

It’s Blizzard, marketing and hype. The game honestly is just Team Fortress 2 with more characters and less game mode, but people will play anything Blizzard put out even if it’s rock simulator 2016 and praise it to the death.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Dont worry , there will teams/pro player that will show up and screw things over and the rest of the community that will back them up (to protect their favorite class) :P

And later on demant more prize money tournaments (250k) so famous streamers with their viewers/fanbase , try their game + F2P model :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It’s Blizzard, marketing and hype. The game honestly is just Team Fortress 2 with more characters and less game mode, but people will play anything Blizzard put out even if it’s rock simulator 2016 and praise it to the death.

And TF2 was MASSIVLY successful but is also old and tired and people want it’s play style with a fresh face. I know you seem to have a hate kitten for anything Blizzard, but OW is popular because it’s a good game that people enjoy playing.

Plenty of people crap all over Diablo 3 and Heroes of the Storm is no where near as popular as DotA2 or LoL.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

rock simulator 2016

FeelsBadMan When you try to poke fun at another company but end up suggesting a game that would more than likely be more fun to play FeelsBadMan

won’t be the first time but “at least you tried”

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

(edited by echo.2053)

in PvP

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Anet needs to realize that them balancing the game and making matchmaking for the few on the top is more harmful than anything else.

The entire system would probably work well if it had 10 times more players than we have now. But we dont. Setting up teams as “fodder” for “pro” players and stacking players with high MMR vs others with lower MMR has got to be the most sadistic nonsensical idea with as little players as we have now as you can come up with.

Its going to make players leave SPvP and make it even worse than it was before.

I’m playing one ranked game a day. I only need to get out of emerald to finish my back item. If the league stays in it’s current format next season I’ll stay in unranked. No point in playing when the league is not a true reflection of how good you are, just if your lucky enough to win a few games in a row.

I thought to get the backpiece finished you have to at least get diamond to cross the 4 threshold during a season achievement.

in PvP

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Why can’t the developers just listen to their community I mean the stat’s are showing regardless of public opinion. Over ~70% of players who participated in a pole disliked this games state of pvp. And their viewer count is low. I know some player my disagree because of how much easier the game is but they will fall under the less than ~30% of players who actually think this game is ok of which only ~4% thought it was amazing. People don’t quote these stats to make fun of the developers. They point these stats out as proof there is something wrong with this game’s pvp.

The poll was hosted on forum, and most people on forum are just raging and sallty all the time( especially so in pvp section because this is the only game mode you can actually lose), because people that are happy with the game are way less likely to go on forum. Also official forum got a reputation for being toxic and useless complain, if you ask people in game, most would not want to touch forum with a 10 feet pole.

Only game mode where people can actually lose? Raids say hi. Lol pugs don’t even attempt them anymore. Oh and wvw too. How to win at wvw, transfer to a good server… its like the pvp imbalance but you can chose to be on the good team or not.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Anet needs to realize that them balancing the game and making matchmaking for the few on the top is more harmful than anything else.

The entire system would probably work well if it had 10 times more players than we have now. But we dont. Setting up teams as “fodder” for “pro” players and stacking players with high MMR vs others with lower MMR has got to be the most sadistic nonsensical idea with as little players as we have now as you can come up with.

Its going to make players leave SPvP and make it even worse than it was before.

Okay, lets say you’re right.

Where should the marketing budget go to? How about they make that taxi ad again.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Where should the marketing budget go to?

I think this is a hard question to answer. It depends on the budget for marketing how much is it; and from that budget it depends what is established for PvP marketing; and from that PvP marketing budget it depends how much is for e-sports tournaments and monetary rewards. Not all marketing budget goes to PvP, tournaments, or viewers on Twitch, so we can not know numbers, because all those numbers are secrets within the company.

What we do know however, is what we get from Twitch, around 2500 viewers in live broadcast of Pro League tournament. No matter what others say, I still like to think this is a very high number. “Positive anything is better than negative nothing.” (Elbert Hubbard).

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Most of the replies on this thread are ridiculous. They are either

1) Talking about something completely different
2) Comparing 2500 viewers to other games or GW2 total playerbase
3) Making unfounded claims about the number of players in the game

Here are the facts. The immense majority of the viewership, on any game that is not new or incredibly popular, is constituted of its own active playerbase. In December 2014, about 25k players were registered on the leaderboards in EU (I jumped from 96% to top 1000, meaning 1000 players = 4%). This can be considered the active playerbase at that time. Compared to that, 2500 viewers is huge (10%)!

Of course, that reasoning is not true, because a lot more players are playing pvp since the F2P transition. But I consider that the order of magnitude remains unchanged, otherwise Anet would have bragged even more. Counting also the NA players watching the stream, I guess it’s fair to say that about 2-5% of the active pvp player base watched the pro-league on Monday. So yeah, 2500 viewers is a lot, if you think about it.

I’ve wrote it a couple of times already, but the problem with GW2 as an esport is the size of the player base itself, not the interest of the players in watching the Pro league. It appears that in fact, a significant portion of the active player base do enjoy watching the streams.

(edited by Sorel.4870)

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Most of the replies on this thread are ridiculous. They are either

1) Talking about something completely different
2) Comparing 2500 viewers to other games or GW2 total playerbase
3) Making unfounded claims about the number of players in the game

Here are the facts. The immense majority of the viewership, on any game that is not new or incredibly popular, is constituted of its own active playerbase. In December 2014, about 25k players were registered on the leaderboards in EU (I jumped from 96% to top 1000, meaning 1000 players = 4%). This can be considered the active playerbase at that time. Compared to that, 2500 viewers is huge (10%)!

Of course, that reasoning is not true, because a lot more players are playing pvp since the F2P transition. But I consider that the order of magnitude remains unchanged, otherwise Anet would have bragged even more. Counting also the NA players watching the stream, I guess it’s fair to say that about 2-5% of the active pvp player base watched the pro-league on Monday. So yeah, 2500 viewers is a lot, if you think about it.

I’ve wrote it a couple of times already, but the problem with GW2 as an esport is the size of the player base itself, not the interest of the players in watching the Pro league. It appears that in fact, a significant portion of the active player base do enjoy watching the streams.

This topic will soon hit 2500 viewers. This means we also have an active community on forums, not only Twitch.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Haha ha, ha ha, aha. This thread is hilarious.

There are still people who think that 2,000 viewers is much.
There are still people who think ProLeague is good marketing.
There are people who will use any opportunity to bash the game’s terrible matchmaking (I shiver with joy uncontrollably when someone mentions the ‘50/50’ argument).
There are people who will bash Overwatch for being a clone of TF2 completely disregarding its merits. 2016 newsflash – this argument doesn’t work on people with intelligence over 50, which I would hope is the majority of GW2 community (as much as some posters try to prove me wrong). Another note: no one cares what the game is if it’s fun and playable.
I’m pretty amazed with the marketing-for-living guy who said PL is cheap marketing. You are assuming that info about PL reaches potential clients – it doesn’t. It only reaches a handful of dedicated players who like to torture themselves with the weekly streams of well-known quality (or lack thereof). GW2 PvP is complete niche and the money isn’t marketing because it does not create any additional demand.

How do I know? No one knows about GW2 PvP outside of GW2. No one talks about it, and so, by extension, no one cares about its $200,000 reward pool, especially when contrasted with the top e-sport titles, their immense popularity and huge budgets. I mean, when was the last time you stumbled upon any info related to GW2 PvP? I don’t know if I ever did. I’m sure there are news about it, but they don’t reach the gaming ‘mainstream’.

Can’t wait to see sponsor reaction to the news that they’re paying money to be watched by up to 2,000 of mostly harcore player demographic (who tend to have all the gaming gear they need), because the game’s PvP isn’t friendly to the masses. Cheap/good marketing my kitten .

But hey, let’s be positive! Solide Werbung, meine Damen und Herren! Worth every penny.
A joyful evening with the GW2 PvP forum.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I don’t understand what the problem is here… Are you making fun of them for at least trying to create some hype for their game? Are you upset it has few viewers/happy it has few viewers? Are you whining for the sake of whining?

I guess the question I am looking for is: Does the ESL Pro League hurt you in any way?

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Haha ha, ha ha, aha. This thread is hilarious.

There are still people who think that 2,000 viewers is much.
There are still people who think ProLeague is good marketing.
There are people who will use any opportunity to bash the game’s terrible matchmaking (I shiver with joy uncontrollably when someone mentions the ‘50/50’ argument).
There are people who will bash Overwatch for being a clone of TF2 completely disregarding its merits. 2016 newsflash – this argument doesn’t work on people with intelligence over 50, which I would hope is the majority of GW2 community (as much as some posters try to prove me wrong). Another note: no one cares what the game is if it’s fun and playable.
I’m pretty amazed with the marketing-for-living guy who said PL is cheap marketing. You are assuming that info about PL reaches potential clients – it doesn’t. It only reaches a handful of dedicated players who like to torture themselves with the weekly streams of well-known quality (or lack thereof). GW2 PvP is complete niche and the money isn’t marketing because it does not create any additional demand.

How do I know? No one knows about GW2 PvP outside of GW2. No one talks about it, and so, by extension, no one cares about its $200,000 reward pool, especially when contrasted with the top e-sport titles, their immense popularity and huge budgets. I mean, when was the last time you stumbled upon any info related to GW2 PvP? I don’t know if I ever did. I’m sure there are news about it, but they don’t reach the gaming ‘mainstream’.

Can wait to see sponsor reaction to the news that they’re paying money to be watched by up to 2,000 of mostly harcore player demographic (who tend to have all the gaming gear they need), because the game’s PvP isn’t friendly to the masses. Cheap/good marketing my kitten .

But hey, let’s be positive! Solide Werbung, meine Damen und Herren! Worth every penny.
A joyful evening with the GW2 PvP forum.

cool cool, dude.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

Posted by: synergy.5809

synergy.5809

i’d watch it if i could spectate in game instead of having to watch it on twitch. Not a fan of having to listen to casters and have no control over who i spectate.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

Somewhere in an other topic i posted my thoughts on this, let me cooment it here.

i think they need to focus on making the mode extremely fun 1st, then they can worry about esports.

make it fun
-> more players pvp since its… fun
-> better population means better Q times
-> better Q (and more people) means more people will try to organize as teams
-> more teams means more competition in the top tourneys
-> more competition + more people can increase the drive for people to actually watch the matches
-> more people watching matches means we can start to think of esports again

true as hell from player perspective. I’m on the same openion
However having an isolated PvP tourney for this amount of monney is totally enough from ANet perspective. Running this gives them the right to use the ‘top teams compete in ESL’-like term in the ADs they run on webpages or make it appear in reviews only scratching the surface of the game. And that is exactly most of the newcommers see before getting the game.

I totally share your views though.
Especially wow 2k is much? wonder what would people think after realising that the ESL-stream is viewerbotted to ~200% on minimum.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

By that logic, all of Coke’s advertising billions is wasted money because everyone already drinks Coke if they’ve heard of pop. Because I am a marketing-for-a-living-guy I know that’s not necessarily the goal. Anet is targeting a multitude of different types of players and for various reasons. I can explain advertising basics to you if you want, but I doubt you care.

I don’t know if Anet is going to continue pro league or if it’s meeting their goals because I don’t have their data, but I could kitten well sell the success of it to my boss. And as someone pointed out this thread has over 2500 views.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

By that logic, all of Coke’s advertising billions is wasted money because everyone already drinks Coke if they’ve heard of pop. Because I am a marketing-for-a-living-guy I know that’s not necessarily the goal. Anet is targeting a multitude of different types of players and for various reasons. I can explain advertising basics to you if you want, but I doubt you care.

I don’t know if Anet is going to continue pro league or if it’s meeting their goals because I don’t have their data, but I could kitten well sell the success of it to my boss. And as someone pointed out this thread has over 2500 views.

Apparently the pvp forums have more representation than the people watching or interested in esports. This is why I dislike people saying the forum voices nothing.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

echo.2053

Apparently the pvp forums have more representation than the people watching or interested in esports. This is why I dislike people saying the forum voices nothing.

Forum views mean nothing. Views aren’t restricted to number of unique views but just total – IE if a user refreshes or revisits the thread the view counter will rise.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Forum views mean nothing. Views aren’t restricted to number of unique views but just total – IE if a user refreshes or revisits the thread the view counter will rise.

Your logic simply warrants we delete the forums as the voices on the forums means nothing. But in anycase the state of the game is depressing enough on the forums and in game.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I’m pretty amazed with the marketing-for-living guy who said PL is cheap marketing.

Why are you amazed? 200k budget is nothing. I know corporates with 10 men that do spend more for marketing.
Also marketing is not only there for customer acquisition it’s also used to keep customers.
And that’s the point, guess how many would leave this game if there wouldn’t be any of those “marketing-tournements”

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

leman.7682

Grimkram missing the point by thinking in absolute values. At first, I wanted to respond and explain to you how things work in this world (I’m a financial analyst), but I can’t bother anymore. Some people just lack perspective too much. Still, the most basic purpose of marketing is to increase the engagement with your product by people. And by this most basic measure, PL has failed completely. Don’t try to defend it if you lack in understanding. And the argument that Anet needs 200k to keep people playing their game is just proving my point and disproving yours. You could hire two decent programmers for this money and make them work a year on improving the game.

If anything, the only logically-sound and convincing argument is by someone who said that thanks to ProLeague Anet can use ‘e-sports’, ‘rewards’ and all that in their ads. In itself, it is highly improbable that PL is a profitable endeavour.

Oh and before someone pulls another ‘Coca Cola vs Anet’, or ‘10 men that spend more’ argument – comparing the marketing budget of a top FMCG company in the world to the one of a medium-size video game studio

But keep thinking what makes you happy, guys. That’s what you have left anyways.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

Leman with the super passive aggressive post. Or was it just plain aggressive? This thread is totes getting shut down because people are furious with how anet advertises (???).

in PvP

leman.7682

Some conversations are substantive. In others, some times one side decides to unilaterally pull out of the convention of using arguments as the main tool of the conversation and starts picking on technicalities and attacking other people instead of their positions. That’s what you just did, while conviniently skipping my whole message.

Furious with how Anet advertises? Not even slightly. Just midly amused with how short-sighted or straight-up uninforemed some people are. If you’re not willing to defend your point of view, then why do you even bother writing here? And my post isn’t aggressive, it just happens to tear your point of view to shreds by showing you that what you wrote doesn’t provide any substance to the matter, it literally doesn’t support anything. We are trying to debate whether PL is worth it as a marketing tool and all you do is divert the discussion into a worthless note that other companies spend more. I’m telling you how I never read anything about ProLeague, how GW2 is never mentioned in terms of e-sports (or competitive PvP for that matter), and you’re talking about Coca Cola. You provide no substance, and all I do is ridicule that.

This thread has reinvigorated my interest in marketing, I’m going to dust off my Kotler and read some HBR to see where the marketing theory showcased in this thread comes from.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

There comes this moment in every exchange of words when one side decides to pull out of using arguments as the main tool of the conversation and starts picking on technicalities and attacking other people instead of their position. That’s what you just did, while conviniently skipping my whole message.

Wait what? How did I attack you? I only even quote you once and made no reference at all to you other that saying I doubt you care about me typing out my expertise. If you genuinely want me to teach you advertising basics I suppose I can, but no one wants to see that post.

I’m not attacking nor have I ever attacked you. I vehemently disagree with everything you’ve written in this thread, but I don’t care one way or the other about you as a person.

in PvP

dominik.9721

Grimkram missing the point by thinking in absolute values.

“Thinking in absolute values”. It sounds more intelligent than it actually is, trust me.

You implied that 200k pl budget is not cheap..

I’m pretty amazed with the marketing-for-living guy who said PL is cheap marketing.

… which is simply just wrong – consider the number ‘absolute’ or ‘relative’,it doesn’t matter, your intimation is still wrong. 200k budget for a marketing project is basically nothing, even for a simple research that has no impact at all it would still be considered ‘cheap’. Of course, you could hire four employees,paying them 50k p.a and let them create content instead. Maybe it provides more success,maybe it doesn’t. But fact of the matter is that 200k budget is nothing even if it would be a whole failure.
Up to this point I didn’t say anything about pro league whether it was successfull, usefull or what not else.

Still, the most basic purpose of marketing is to increase the engagement with your product by people. And by this most basic measure, PL has failed completely.

True. The main goal of most marketing projects is customer acquisition and with reference to this goal pro league was a huge fail. With reference to the goal to keep customers it is a completly different case,tho.

I still didn’t evaluate pro league, I just gave an objective answer without any subjective influence, saying that 200k budget is cheap and stating that marketing is more than customer acquisition. Nothing else.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

leman.7682

I guess what I’m trying to say, Grim, is that this money, no matter how big or small we consider the budget to be (I think it amounts to quite a lot for a company like Anet, especially taking all the alternatives into account), there is no way to objectively consider this spending ‘good’. Sure, it managed to keep some current players ‘engaged’, but the drop from season 1 to season 2 was noticable (and that’s a kind understatement). Now a lot of top players have lost their interest, some others moved before that. I mean, just watch weekly stream chats, it’s obvious the majority of people aren’t there for the gameplay, and that’s surely not what a healthily engaged community looks like.

And nothing can convince me that spending money in this way is acceptable. At least it wouldn’t be at my company (Fortune20).

Cheers.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

in PvP

dominik.9721

I know what you are trying to say but I didn’t make any statement about pro league itself.
I did just like to set the record straight and added some thoughts which should be considered. That’s it.

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

echo.2053

Your logic simply warrants we delete the forums as the voices on the forums means nothing. But in anycase the state of the game is depressing enough on the forums and in game.

Would it matter if they did? They delete and ignore anything that isn’t praising the game, mean hey that poll on view of state of spvp showed we were happy right? (/sarcasm)

This place is just see how many infractions you can pile up before they finally ban you.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

Leman you’re going on too few facts. When I start with a new advertising campaign we get a brief that explains what the goal is, and is why I brought up Coke. People outside the industry have way too narrow a goal of what advertising is supposed to accomplish, and therefore say things like “I don’t even know what this commercial is about” or know why Coke advertises at all.

What I get in my project briefing is “we want to associate our project with luxury. target demographic: yacht owners over the age of 75. Budget: 750k.” And then we do something that looks like an outrageous waste of money to people who don’t grasp the true intent of the project. Results get tracked, the… let’s say rum company… starts inexplicably being recognized as a quality product by elderly yacht owners and the company makes back their advertising budget when someone hires the rum company to cater a senior VP meeting for an investment bank on a cruise.

If Anet is wasting money, I assure you they will change tactics. They have tons of data.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

If Anet is wasting money, I assure you they will change tactics. They have tons of data.

Let’s be real here, does the marketng department of Anet make the impression of a competent group? After seeing the gw2 taxi, player pledge, the live “action” trailer, and other cringy attempts?

It’s more like “we have no ideas, we don’t want to work either, let’s just throw money at it and hope for the best”.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

Let’s be real here, does the marketng department of Anet make the impression of a competent group? After seeing the gw2 taxi, player pledge, the live “action” trailer, and other cringy attempts?

It’s more like “we have no ideas, we don’t want to work either, let’s just throw money at it and hope for the best”.

I don’t think they have a marketing department do they? I don’t know the answer. Those travesties seemed like the work of outside agencies and some serious miscommunications. If anything, the pro league compared to those is the most ridiculous success they’ve ever had.

in PvP

echo.2053

this has me dying laughing right now…..well at least in the near future you’ll have gw2 t-shirts and plushies – +1 good sir

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

I think most of you are missing the entire point that this 300k ish that was spent in marketing and sponsoring this ESL effort failed in two big ways

1. it didn’t reach out to anyone outside of the tiny gw2 community interested in PvP
2. 200-300k spent to ‘retain’ an sPvP population the size of about 5-10k players (10k being an absolute max) is a ridiculous amount of money, considering this game has about 9 million accounts

I just want to remind you that WTS Boston with oRNG and Abjured (if i’m not mistaken) in April 2015 had peaked at 17-18k viewers… and the direction of the game at the time was marvelous. Real shame.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

I think most of you are missing the entire point that this 300k ish that was spent in marketing and sponsoring this ESL effort failed in two big ways

you’re going on too few facts. When I start with a new advertising campaign we get a brief that explains what the goal is, and is why I brought up Coke. People outside the industry have way too narrow a goal of what advertising is supposed to accomplish, and therefore say things like “I don’t even know what this commercial is about” or know why Coke advertises at all.

Maybe it did maybe it didn’t. From my literally expert opinion, it was money well spent and anet more than made the money back. I don’t have the data, but that’s what I think happened. And that’s as much as you can say only you don’t have 20 years of advertising experience to back up your opinion.

I do think pro league results are tapering out, so it won’t last forever without an additional twist.

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I joined Twitch and watched Pro League. It’s so awesome. It has about 2500 viewers. I love all this enthusiasm players have for PvP ingame.

Thank you ArenaNet, thank you. These high numbers shows the world we are many players loving PvP in this game.

Do you get a cut of the action? What do you care how many people are watching? Are you a shill?

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in PvP

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I am aware of the tournament. I don’t watch the tournament. Seeing more ads about it isn’t going to change that.

I don’t want to watch HoT cheese fighting HoT cheese. It’s that simple.

Spend that marketing money on hiring people who focus on balancing the classes.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

I am aware of the tournament. I don’t watch the tournament. Seeing more ads about it isn’t going to change that.

The tourney IS the ad. It already got its message across to you whether you like it or not.

in PvP

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

The tourney IS the ad. It already got its message across to you whether you like it or not.

I have a feeling that the message I get isn’t the one they were going for.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

2500 is really good for GW2.

1st season had… ~7k in best moments?

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So for comparison Overwatch hasn’t even been out a week and the first major tournament has 36,000 viewers currently.

ETA it ended up over 45,000 viewers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

People learned how good this game is at the end.

Anet would have better momments if they continue to use the gw1 pvp system, and try to envolve from that point, dont change what is working, or serve from that mommentun to improve it.

Another thing is that Gw2 classes were designed to blob and spam/aoe pve mobs, and forced into pvp, that and lack of balance, and when Anet introduces a meta, it becomes a useless for some classes and to much for others, the gap is huge, much bigger than play meta groups on gw1 against non meta party group.

Still Anet keeps enforcing a broken model, while they continue that, view wont raise much more or will tend to decline, forcing players to go class X or Y to power damage and sustainbility is the most of balance jokes ive seen.

Gw1 pvp/gvg > gw2.

sorry about the bad english, but as a player that tends to play mostly pvp games i cant even watch the stream of this game… it is not pleasent to see.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: Army of Ninjas.1580

Army of Ninjas.1580

INB4 the mods lock/delete this thread because it mentions Overwatch

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Lmao, not even close. You’re thinking about the Finals. The weeklies had about 1.5k viewers in EU during the first season. Last year, the Go4 weeklies had something like 500 viewers. 2.5k is still a droplet in the Twitch ocean, but yeah, it really is good for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Lmao, not even close. You’re thinking about the Finals. The weeklies had about 1.5k viewers in EU during the first season. Last year, the Go4 weeklies had something like 500 viewers. 2.5k is still a droplet in the Twitch ocean, but yeah, it really is good for GW2.

There’s so much they can do to make the game more popular. From a player standpoint update the API, graphics, and simplify classes and mechanics by deleting some boons and conditions then rebalance everything. People say they’re attracted to certain classes or playstyles because they don’t require much skill, and these need to be looked at and have their skill floor and cap raised. Low risk high reward play needs to be totally eliminated. You want that big condi bomb? Prepare for a long cooldown and time it just right on the proper foe. Maybe give the revenant energy mechanic to all classes.