Season 3 with 2500 viewers on Twitch

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

I joined Twitch and watched Pro League. It’s so awesome. It has about 2500 viewers. I love all this enthusiasm players have for PvP ingame.

Thank you ArenaNet, thank you. These high numbers shows the world we are many players loving PvP in this game.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Yeah, so much hype with condi spam and op elite specs… This game’s e-sport is one huge joke atm, after hot and even before hot ^^

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

(edited by Kasteros.9847)

in PvP

Posted by: fFamous.8720

fFamous.8720

yeah, and kitten quality 1360;720 idk
because bitrate 3500 lock on twitch? start to stream on youtube
a feeling that only gets worse and worse each time
season 5 will become like this screen

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yeah, so much hype with condi spam and op elite specs… Sorry, I much more enjoyed old streams and leagues with much more brain and less buttons spamming
Also 2,5k is huge number? O_O Look at number of ppl watching e-sport of other games This game’s e-sport is one huge joke atm, after hot and even before hot ^^

I think the op was being sarcastic, at least I hope he was. With 2.5K viewers, maybe ANet will pull the plug on “ESports”, as with that size of an audience, things must be bad.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Hey, 2.5k is an improvement! I’m pretty sure it was 1.8K the last few games.

in PvP

Posted by: Cataca.3867

Cataca.3867

Anet needs to realize that them balancing the game and making matchmaking for the few on the top is more harmful than anything else.

The entire system would probably work well if it had 10 times more players than we have now. But we dont. Setting up teams as “fodder” for “pro” players and stacking players with high MMR vs others with lower MMR has got to be the most sadistic nonsensical idea with as little players as we have now as you can come up with.

Its going to make players leave SPvP and make it even worse than it was before.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

the only reason why it was higher than usual is because people wanted to see what the “pros” play this season. viewercount will most likely decline over the next mondays.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Anet needs to realize that them balancing the game and making matchmaking for the few on the top is more harmful than anything else.

The entire system would probably work well if it had 10 times more players than we have now. But we dont. Setting up teams as “fodder” for “pro” players and stacking players with high MMR vs others with lower MMR has got to be the most sadistic nonsensical idea with as little players as we have now as you can come up with.

I’m playing one ranked game a day. I only need to get out of emerald to finish my back item. If the league stays in it’s current format next season I’ll stay in unranked. No point in playing when the league is not a true reflection of how good you are, just if your lucky enough to win a few games in a row.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

the only reason why it was higher than usual is because people wanted to see what the “pros” play this season. viewercount will most likely decline over the next mondays.

Wait, that was considered high? Really? Out of the millions of people who own/play GW2. ANet can only get 2.5k to watch there “pro” players. Mo needs to pull the money and spend it on something else. Clearly marketing have fails if after half a year they can only get a few thousand to watch it. More people turn up to watch the local charity boat race.

in PvP

Kasteros.9847

I’m playing one ranked game a day. I only need to get out of emerald to finish my back item. If the league stays in it’s current format next season I’ll stay in unranked. No point in playing when the league is not a true reflection of how good you are, just if your lucky enough to win a few games in a row.

Yeap, it is not about skill anymore, but how lucky you are and what teammates you get. ;/

[One][SiOn][dF]

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Yeap, it is not about skill anymore, but how lucky you are and what teammates you get. ;/

LOL, sure all these legendary rank pro players all got to legendary because they keep getting lucky amrite?

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I like to think pro players and legendary players have teams, have skill, and play together with voice chat; that is how they appear doing PvP on Twitch and Youtube.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

I like to think pro players and legendary players have teams, have skill, and play together with voice chat; that is how they appear doing PvP on Twitch and Youtube.

SoloQ my friend. Just soloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Meanwhile Smite patch notes has 13+k viewers lmfao

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

I joined Twitch and watched Pro League. It’s so awesome. It has about 2500 viewers. I love all this enthusiasm players have for PvP ingame.

Thank you ArenaNet, thank you. These high numbers shows the world we are many players loving PvP in this game.

if you are not being sarcastic then tell me how much anet is paying you. for the right price i can being happy about it to lol

master jedi david

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

if you are not being sarcastic then tell me how much anet is paying you. for the right price i can being happy about it to lol

He is being as serious as the 300k people who would rather watch others to try to connect

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

2500 viewers is nothing, there are individual Overwatch streamers with more than that let alone the tournament streams. Having said that I doubt it reached 2500 today given last week it didn’t even reach 1500.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

This is actually sad.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

2500 is really good for GW2.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

That comment is even sadder. 2.5k viewers is a goal how? This game has been released for a while now it deserves more views. I’ve seen Guildwars 2 player videos with more views than this.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

NA is currently on with under 1,100 viewers.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Why can’t the developers just listen to their community I mean the stat’s are showing regardless of public opinion. Over ~70% of players who participated in a pole disliked this games state of pvp. And their viewer count is low. I know some player my disagree because of how much easier the game is but they will fall under the less than ~30% of players who actually think this game is ok of which only ~4% thought it was amazing. People don’t quote these stats to make fun of the developers. They point these stats out as proof there is something wrong with this game’s pvp.

in PvP

warbignime.4610

Why can’t the developers just listen to their community I mean the stat’s are showing regardless of public opinion. Over ~70% of players who participated in a pole disliked this games state of pvp. And their viewer count is low. I know some player my disagree because of how much easier the game is but they will fall under the less than ~30% of players who actually think this game is ok of which only ~4% thought it was amazing. People don’t quote these stats to make fun of the developers. They point these stats out as proof there is something wrong with this game’s pvp.

The poll was hosted on forum, and most people on forum are just raging and sallty all the time( especially so in pvp section because this is the only game mode you can actually lose), because people that are happy with the game are way less likely to go on forum. Also official forum got a reputation for being toxic and useless complain, if you ask people in game, most would not want to touch forum with a 10 feet pole.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

The poll was hosted on forum, and most people on forum are just raging and sallty all the time, because people that are happy with the game are way less likely to go on forum. Also official forum got a reputation for being toxic and useless complain, if you ask people in game, most would not want to touch forum with a 10 feet pole.

They should ask for one in game then when you log in. I can guarantee the result would be the same. I actually asked in HotM what people think of pvp and majority replied bad. It should also occur that not everyone on the forums is raging some people on the forums care allot about this game and most of those on the forums are here to have their voices heard. Perhaps raging is all you do on the forums.

Imagine that students in a college don’t have a cafeteria or any place to eat on campus. These people then complain on the campus website. The school’s administration refuses to listen. As more complaints arise the campus website earns a reputation of salty toxic people who rage about the campus. The now raging students can be ignored under the cover of being a*toxic community.* Eventually all the students leave the campus as they graduate or transfer and no new students come because it has a terrible food rating or no food at all along with other ignored issues that built up. Very soon, the school is forced to close down

In any case, saying that everyone on the forums just rages is an insult to the people who actually care about the game enough to comment their struggles which are often shared by other players even though it may not be all of them.

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

warbignime.4610

The poll was hosted on forum, and most people on forum are just raging and sallty all the time, because people that are happy with the game are way less likely to go on forum. Also official forum got a reputation for being toxic and useless complain, if you ask people in game, most would not want to touch forum with a 10 feet pole.

They should ask for one in game then when you log in. I can guarantee the result would be the same. I actually asked in HotM what people think of pvp and majority replied bad. It should also occur that not everyone on the forums is raging some people on the forums care allot about this game and most of those on the forums are here to have their voices heard. Perhaps raging is all you do on the forums.

Imagine that students in a college don’t have a cafeteria or any place to eat on campus. These people then complain on the campus website. The school’s administration refuses to listen. As more complaints arise the campus website earns a reputation of salty toxic people who rage about the campus. The now raging students can be ignored under the cover of being a*toxic community.* Eventually all the students leave the campus as they graduate or transfer and no new students come because it has a terrible food rating or no food at all along with other ignored issues that built up. Very soon, the school is forced to close down

In any case, saying that everyone on the forums just rages is an insult to the people who actually care about the game enough to comment their struggles which are often shared by other players even though it may not be all of them.

The difference is that in your example student got very clear and valid complaints that suits the entire campus, but on forum most complaints are very vague and only suit minority. For example half of the thread for the past three days are basically" I keep losing, so matchmaking sucks", and most can not even bring up a clear and valid reason for it, most just say that their team mate sucks , but all I see are people that refuse to learn or improve just keep spamming games while tilted and then just post thread like these. Like really now.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

The difference is that in your example student got very clear and valid complaints that suits the entire campus, but on forum most complaints are very vague and only suit minority. For example half of the thread for the past three days are basically" I keep losing, so matchmaking sucks", and most can not even bring up a clear and valid reason for it, most just say that their team mate sucks , but all I see are people that refuse to learn or improve just keep spamming games while tilted and then just post thread like these. Like really now.

And yet this is the place to voice these things. If match making is fair the concentration of these complaints will be low. if there are allot of players raging however, then maybe pvp is broken and in that case if pvp isn’t fixed the player base will decrease yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I work in marketing for a living. A few years ago I put together an online advertising campaign that cost over 2 million dollars in ad space that the overwhelming majority of viewers ignored (any click through is a good result and the clients spend ludicrous amounts of money, so the company deemed it a good result.)

Pro league is cheap advertising. Really, really, really cheap.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I have no complaints. I showed my resolve by stating I would play S4 to see whether I would keep playing this game or not but not play S3. I don’t have much time for more than two competitive games and I’m sure this is true for most of the student’s or working adults in busy america. There are loads of games to play and the desire to buy future expansions or continue playing this game rests on the outcome of developer decisions in S4. I may never buy the expansion in the worst case scenario, I may not play pve or buy cash shop items anymore, but I will log every so often just to mess around in HotM or pvp. If they can make this game competitive at an Esport level I will play seriously. If I see the same trend as in S2 and S3 I will quit as there is no point to playing a game focused on having players spend money rather than listening to the player base. They have made a few good changes in the past which is why I have hope for their changes in the future.

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

I sat down to watch and it was @ 1700 viewers.

Hope it doesn’t doesn’t overload the servers with that many people watching!

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

I work in marketing for a living. A few years ago I put together an online advertising campaign that cost over 2 million dollars in ad space that the overwhelming majority of viewers ignored (any click through is a good result and the clients spend ludicrous amounts of money, so the company deemed it a good result.)

^^ should be correct
i wonder how cheap would be a well designed product if we start from this stae
90% of the posts are rants or dissatisfaction or bashing ANet. That does not make a good AD ^^.
Mby it’s just me but i hop on the forums and read some before i hop on a new game

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

Anet needs to realize…..

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

Is the hard-sell on e-sports a new thing?

I used to play Heroes of the Storm and Blizzard is desperately trying to get the e-sport scene going there too, up to including in-game portraits to try and entice people to watch stuff on Twitch.

in PvP

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

My kid was watching some minecraft video today about minecraftcon or something like that, I’m pretty sure there was at least 2500 kids alone in the audience just watching 1 guy play minecraft on stage live… So lol

in PvP

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

Oh! Thanks for Smite! I completely forgot about this game Jesus…that trailer!

There’s not much to be said as for viewers.

ArenaNet just can’t be bothered to listen. <—-The long and short of it.

Structured Player Versus Player is nothing but an RNG battle.
There is rarely a clean well put together battle.

It’s just…I would not hold anyone who is a pro Gw2 Pvp’er in high regard using any measuring stick.

The mode is such a drag to play. To say you are a pro player of a poorly designed game!? Gw2 does not need to involved with the word professional. period. It was a risky venture that’s really turned into an embarrassment.

I don’t care what way you spin it…if the game (mode) was any good people would be looking…and they clearly are not. Don’t care about what ifs about the forums, or how the game this or that. People playing the game don’t care nor do people not playing the game care. Out of sight out of mind.

They are afraid…seemingly of just sitting down and being like hey…we fupped up. How can we fix this and then actually move forward?

It’s obvious conditions need a design rework.
It’s obvious some classes do too much damage.
It’s obvious that there are just fundamental flaws in how the game modes play.
It’s obvious build diversity is low and needs expanding.
It’s obvious people want a quality product.
It’s obvious SPVP needs an explicit rule-book.

Many people would have been satisfied with refining what they have now. To be honest I would have completely WROTE OFF ELITE SPECS EVERYTHING if they said Elites…or fixing things fundamentally wrong in SPVP.

I mean really who designs a game…where abilities don’t work with No Indication? I mean who does that?
It’s like playing D&D with a brat for a Dungeon Master. You know…the one that manipulates instead of creating a playable explorable story.

My love/hate relationship with Gw2 is just about hit the can.
When they finally Marginalize Legendary weapon owners the game will experience a TREMENDOUS LOW but at least it will be free of the self inflicted design limitations it set in motion and trying to design backwards away from them instead forward and past them.

in PvP

Posted by: Cataca.3867

Cataca.3867

It’s obvious conditions need a design rework.
It’s obvious some classes do too much damage.
It’s obvious that there are just fundamental flaws in how the game modes play.
It’s obvious build diversity is low and needs expanding.
It’s obvious people want a quality product.
It’s obvious SPVP needs an explicit rule-book.

While most of those things might be an issue to some degree, this is not what is killing spvp.

What kills spvp is:

a. *RNG progression kittenblock. *
Its mindblowing that the same amount of wins/losses result in different progression for people, just because they happen in different order.

b. Fodder vs. matchmaking
The matchmaking balances teams in a way, that there is a winner team and a looser team. To what degree this is happening doesnt really matter. Because with as little players as we have now in SPvP this results in huge blowouts. Getting farmed at spawn isnt exactly good motivation to keep playing. In an ideal world, matchmaking would also consider professions when in the queue, and not stack them up in either team.

c. Two gamemode and 6 maps.
For how many years now? I also stopped queing up for conquest ages ago. Give it some kittening effort.

d. give it a kittening tutorial
Players just want to kill other players, chase them around and win. But they cant win if they chase players around to try to kill them. Some mandatory tutorial match for any beginner instead of the senseless 10 pvp ranks before beeing allowed to queue for ranked would be a better idea, and not a completely arbitrary limit. That leaves people with a skill gap, but at least people understand the gamemode.

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Streamers like Lirik, Dansgaming, Summit, and so on, have that or more while being offline…and that’s versus the top viewer number of a company that hosts a competitive event for their only game. Says everything.

Let’s put it like this. If Blizzard wasn’t able to turn their widely successful game into an esport (wow, even if u like it or not you can’t deny it’s success), how can a company like this do it? This company compared to Blizzard is like “1 division”. The genre itself is NOT made for esports because being a pro and “competitive” in an mmo is a joke. Go as a pro mmo competitive player to any real esport event and brag about how good you are. They will start laughing their kitten off.

ANet tries to do “everything” but as in real life a person who does 10 things at the same time is a person who doesn’t do any of them right (best case gets the job done)…and will never excel at any of them.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

2500 is pretty high and unexpected number. Last week it was barely 1k.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

2500 is pretty high and unexpected number. Last week it was barely 1k.

it gets viewerbotted. what do you expect?

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Yesterday the numbers of viewers was about 1900 when i joined.

I think one of the problems of low viewers is ppl are focusing in ingame pvp rather than watching it. I’ve joined twitch after my daily dosis of pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

No they aren’t. Queues were abysmal. I know it’s hard at first to believe it, but as time passes and frustration builds, less and less ppl …just….you know….stop caring.

in PvP

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Most people watch just to troll in chat or listen to cringe interviews. The EU caster talk forever between games and most of it is garbage and Jebro still has not learned how to operate the camera.

RP enthusiast

in PvP

Kasteros.9847

I think one of the problems of low viewers is ppl are focusing in ingame pvp rather than watching it. I’ve joined twitch after my daily dosis of pvp.

Nope, the problem is that people don’t care about e-sport of this game and it is just waste of anet’s money. Look at WoW… Ppl play PvP there, but don’t need any esports or tournaments to do that

[One][SiOn][dF]

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

True story right here, you can tell who has worked for a corporate and who hasn’t if they think 200k is expensive for advertising and marketing.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

True story right here, you can tell who has worked for a corporate and who hasn’t if they think 200k is expensive for advertising and marketing.

Even a simple 4 page info brochure costs us $10k or more, and that’s just the printing of it. Anet would need to pay web programmers, creative directors, project managers, production managers, etc. They may have those currently on staff with lots of downtime, but that seems unlikely (and costing wasted money.)

There is a reason advertising agencies are known for a) massive salaries b) extravagant parties with lots of drugs and booze, and c) working 90+ hour weeks.

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

To put this in perspective, more people are watching RUNESCAPE being streamed than Guild Wars 2. Really think about that lol.

Something really needs to be done, I love this game but they really dropped the ball on esports. People just aren’t interested in watching.

in PvP

warbignime.4610

To put this in perspective, more people are watching RUNESCAPE being streamed than Guild Wars 2. Really think about that lol.

Something really needs to be done, I love this game but they really dropped the ball on esports. People just aren’t interested in watching.

At least better than paying people to paint walls-Colin.

in PvP

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Nope, the problem is that people don’t care about e-sport of this game and it is just waste of anet’s money. Look at WoW… Ppl play PvP there, but don’t need any esports or tournaments to do that

What’s funny is wow is starting to do esport too, and pvp in that game sucks balls. But they will still get high views because its wow.

No they watch it probably because it’s actually fun to watch.

Even people who like GW2 don’t watch GW2 pvp and it’s not because they’re too busy with playing it. They just don’t want to watch a chaotic mess of passive effects and faceroll AoE spam.

Trying to watch GW2 pvp is like trying to watch an animated Jackson Pollock painting only that would actually be interesting to look at.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in PvP

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

2 AAA Shiny new competitive games launch this month.Go figures.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

b. Fodder vs. matchmaking
The matchmaking balances teams in a way, that there is a winner team and a looser team.

I agree, SoloQ tends to have loose matchmaking as far as class comp goes.

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

What’s funny is wow is starting to do esport too, and pvp in that game sucks balls. But they will still get high views because its wow.

No they watch it probably because it’s actually fun to watch.

Even people who like GW2 don’t watch GW2 pvp and it’s not because they’re too busy with playing it. They just don’t want to watch a chaotic mess of passive effects and faceroll AoE spam.

Trying to watch GW2 pvp is like trying to watch an animated Jackson Pollock painting only that would actually be interesting to look at.

OR its because sPvP is a niche game mode in an already niche genre of game? I love people who think its anything more than that causing low viewership. The market for viewers of sPvP is so tiny.

The games that get a ton of views on twitch are almost all free to play with a single game mode. Most of them are also super slow ala LoL and DOTA or simple play patterns only ala Overwatch and CSGO. Complex games get much fewer viewers, its really that simple. WoW is something of a hold over from previous generations and has Blizzard’s massive fanbase to draw from and it still doesn’t get a 10th of the viewers of the previously mentioned games.

On a totally separate note, why do you guys need twitch views to validate what you are doing with your free time?