Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

Second Ladder Test Season

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Pro troll has everyone baited.

Plus he can’t really say he got nothing for that, all the PvP farming he must have advanced at least a few PvP tracks and made some decent coin from all the games.

Yup, he seems like the guy is finding hard to come to terms that all his grinding was ultimately pointless. So instead of simply accepting it, even when facts seem to indicate he was wrong, he is hoping to whine and whine until Arenanet gives him what he wants.

Personally, I think it is a whine-whine situation. If he whines a lot Arenanet might give him what he wants or if Arenanet doesn’t give him what he wants he can in a few days make a thread saying he is quitting the game because Arenanet is being mean to him.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Honestly, he seems like a troll, yes. But if he is, it’s so well executed that he deserves a medal of some sort.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

BTT:

In the newest version of this system, we’re putting a much stronger focus on wins, with less weight given to the sheer number of games played over a period of time.

So what exactly did you change?

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Honestly, he seems like a troll, yes. But if he is, it’s so well executed that he deserves a medal of some sort.

Do you mean harvest or anet? Hehe

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

BTT:

In the newest version of this system, we’re putting a much stronger focus on wins, with less weight given to the sheer number of games played over a period of time.

So what exactly did you change?

This

Looks just like a repeat of the previous system the still disproportionately awards the spamming of games instead of who you beat.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

You know if people didn’t have to be special little snow flakes they could just give rewards based on point thresholds so nobody would end up feeling left out or caring so much about the leaderboards.

I would think the top players should still get something extra like the top 10 getting a full set of armour, 25 getting 3 pieces and 500 getting two. Then have like anyone with 100 points get a llama mini and 200 points nets gets one piece of armour.

That way those who don’t have time to grind out 20 wins a day can still get something for their effort at their own pace. And much like the WvW seasons it will draw in a lot more players (whether or not its a good thing I don’t know) even if they do end up leaving once they have their mini.

in PvP

Posted by: Collero.7963

Collero.7963

I don’t really play anymore but I can see that nothing has changed. I don’t know what the kitten ArenaNet have been doing over the last few months.

It’s truly disgusting.

Top 10 TeamQ // Rank 1 & 2 SoloQ // 12,000+ sPvP Games
…and what a waste of time it all was.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

The problem is the ladder points system due to their farmeable nature.

Giving ladder points to the team that lost is a bad idea, even if they reached 499 score. If you give points to the winning AND the losing team, the ladder becomes a grind.

So
1) delete Ladder Points
2) Sort players by MMR

(edited by Marcos.3690)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

They basically changed nothing, at least from what I’m seeing on the leaderboards. Now it’ll be about who spams the most wins, regardless of the quality of opponents they’re facing.

This is all very sad. There have been functioning leaderboard systems for decades, which much more serious competitive games like chess, League of Legends, and Dota 2 use. I don’t see why ArenaNet has to try to be a special unicorn.

My thoughts exactly. There goes my motivation to come back to the game, really.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

The problem is the ladder points system due to their farmeable nature.

Giving ladder points to the team that lost is a bad idea, even if they reached 499 score. If you give points to the winning AND the losing team, the ladder becomes a grind.

So
1) delete Ladder Points
2) Sort players by MMR

That goes hand in hand with functional matchmaking, though. I can’t stress enough what horrible matches I’ve been getting. I feel like instead of getting better, thing are only worse with every change.

At times like this I really miss old soloq.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Looking at the leader board there are still people with under 50% win percentage. I thought percentage was going to be weighted into the rankings? Seems to me it should look at points and percentage. If you have a lot of points, but under 50% win percentage you shouldn’t be top 100 otherwise it is just the same old grind boards.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

In my opinion there should be tiers to the leaderboard and rewards for each tier. Also, there should be rewards for the top of each tier. The goal should be getting people to play. Period. Then, as you build up the player base you can reintroduce solo queue again. It’s so frustrating as a solo player to have to go up against premades. It’s so frustrating to know when my queue goes a minute or two over avg. queue time that I am going to be teamed up with people of such varying levels of talent that it makes the game a total crapshoot. I could win by 350+ points or lose by 350+ points. I could have a close game or a 4v5.

Rewards in PvP for an 8 week test ladder should be handed out to more people to get more people to come play it. Most look at it and realize they don’t have a shot at all and simply choose not to play.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Speaking about Leaderboard, dunno, but this test season seems to be really rushed, i have many doubts something has changed, basically always appears to be the same.

There is a strong lack in communication here, and probably basically too few changes from the last Season Test.

An official answer about what is really changed, it would be great.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Leader Board should just keep track individualy on the top score on capping, another on kills, another on so on & so on. That way it cannot be broken. The win & losses categories is a real joke. Espacially with such an imbalance metas in the game. so that should not even be a factor.

in PvP

Posted by: zeref.5983

zeref.5983

so, is this second ladder llama is same model or different model than first ladder season reward?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

so, is this second ladder llama is same model or different model than first ladder season reward?

Most likely same model with different weighted values that makes no difference.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

Ty Anet! I was waiting this new system.

<3

I take back what I said. The farm is still there.

Subdrop
SA Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Please use MMR. Check out the link in my signature.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

If it was based purely on MMR then it will be bad for solo players.

1. Solo and Premades will need to be seperated within the same ques so it’s impossible for them to play each other.
  2. It needs a more strict degenerated rank system, people would have to keep playing, more than a few times a week to keep their rank position. Unlike the old leaderboard.
aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Basket of Boxes.1976

Even though I see the issues with the leaderboard the way it is implemented at least gives solo queuers a chance to place high on it. Unless they make separate leaderboards for solo queue and team queue (which I would like) they can’t really use a different point system as even an extremely good solo queuer probably hovers around 60% win rate at best.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Wasn’t it separated before? The split needs to happen.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Wasn’t it separated before? The split needs to happen.

yes

Soloq and Teamq were separate

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

1. Solo and Premades will need to be seperated within the same ques so it’s impossible for them to play each other.
  2. It needs a more strict degenerated rank system, people would have to keep playing, more than a few times a week to keep their rank position. Unlike the old leaderboard.

Yet somehow all of us solo players were OK with the old leaderboard being based on MMR except for it’s horrible decay system.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

bring solo queue anet you’re wasting your time just bring it back it was a better system than it currently is!! WHAT IN THE kitten IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT?!?!?!?!

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Judge.1923

Judge.1923

I play soloq, or run solo in ranked, still dunnno what the exact difference is other than sometimes I win sometimes I lose, anyhow I had 3-4 points before bed last night went to work, came home to play and I now have 0 points. What causes that in the leaderboard if anyone kind enough to answer.

in PvP

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

That’s too bad, but that’s an argument for separating the solo and team leaderboards. The alternative is a leaderboard that’s bad for everyone because it only measures how much someone plays.

it still is a farming contest…

in PvP

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

I think the people that love this system are most likely:
->highly skilled pvper’s: farming new/low skill pvper’s, whom all have new standings to be matched up to them.
->Therefore the rich get richer, skilled people rise up to where they are suppose to be whilst the lesser remain to be farmed by others who still need to build their standing.
->It isn’t fun being on the side who gets farmed by good players.

Maybe I will rejoin pvp when the crumbs are left on the table.

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I don’t know of a single top player that likes the new system. Pretty much every single highly skilled player has complained about it since it was introduced in December.

What’s more likely is low- and mid-tier players with a lot of time on their hands like it because they can finally see themselves high up on the leaderboards, even though they don’t really deserve anything close to a top spot.

Assuming the left over grubs (who were low-mid tier) from Dec. consider the system anygood. From ANets perspective, numbers>skilled players. Since they fail to release their arbitrary metrics they are so proud of, I don’t see any improvements to pvp or their small allocated team.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I don’t know of a single top player that likes the new system. Pretty much every single highly skilled player has complained about it since it was introduced in December.

What’s more likely is low- and mid-tier players with a lot of time on their hands like it because they can finally see themselves high up on the leaderboards, even though they don’t really deserve anything close to a top spot.

Amen

The system is literally atrocious. One of the worst ladder systems ive ever seen. In fact i challenge anyone to find a ladder system in an MMO thats worse than GW2s. They show a clear lack of talent and vision.

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

the rewards are terrible anyway why are you kids complaining, go win some weekly/ monthly cups if you want to show you are the best at pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

the rewards are terrible anyway why are you kids complaining, go win some weekly/ monthly cups if you want to show you are the best at pvp

rewards….who plays for rewards. Decent players play for quality matchups,

in PvP

Posted by: ruddog.9563

ruddog.9563

i was looking at the pvp leaderboards and at the top the time is not updated last update is 3:42pst whats up with that. is there a separate leaderboard for the test season?

in PvP

Posted by: Rincewind.1207

Rincewind.1207

Hi ! I cannot understand indeed why ANET is insisting in this ladder joke ! The PvP mode is a 5 vs 5 mode so the first thing they should have is a team/guild ladder ! Why are they testing a solo leader board after they announced they ll have a guild ladder in the expansion ! For example how No1 this moment is justified being 58/42 with 70 points 58% win ratio !!!! And No5 with a 51/12 , 60!!!! points and 80% win ratio not be first ???? This is a joke really !

Well , the only thing I can think of is that ANET is keeping the pvp farmable ! Why ? In my opinion the way you got points should be applied to lose points also ! Win a difficult match get 3 points , lose an easy match lose 3 points ! ! !

If this simple thing could be applied then assuming the No1 and No5 having only mediocre matches lets say 1 point per match just for this example then No1 should have 16 points and No5 should have 39 points which make a huuuuuge difference if you agree !!!! The point is that someone after 8 weeks playing pvp skilled player , not farming but playing professionally about 300 games and have a 80% ratio 240/60 will have about 260 points and someone who is farming soloing could have about 800 games with a 40% ratio 320/480 will have about 320 points !!!! Its a joke really ! With my system the pro gamer same example will have 180 points and the farmer -160 points ,lets say 0 not to have minus !

Thats my proposal for PvP being COMPETITIVE as it should be !

Thank you !

We Seek Pride [WSP]
Hellenic Phallanx [HP]

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Amen

The system is literally atrocious. One of the worst ladder systems ive ever seen. In fact i challenge anyone to find a ladder system in an MMO thats worse than GW2s. They show a clear lack of talent and vision.

The previous one was much worse. Way too volatile, decay helping people to skyrocket by doing 1 game each month,… In some way, the actual system is " similar " since you can still have anyone at any rank, but i guess someone #10 deserves that spot better having 500 games played( even if 300 loses) than someone with 15 games played..

Everyone already said what the problem is today : top players don’t get hurt by losing. Top 100 players should need 2 wins( 3 if top50,…) to compensate a lose against less experienced players, but that’s not the case, and i’ve already seen #1 with +1 win + 4 loses and no points lost..

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Never before has match quality felt that low :s

Honestly, if I have to wait 5+ minutes for a match anyways, I wont mind waiting another 5 as long as you stop putting my nec into a team with two other necs.
My personal highlight was 3 necs, a freash air ele and something i cannot remember vs shout warrior, dps guard, staff ele and double panic strike thief on the other team. Please explain to me how that is even remotely balanced.

I think it is more important to balance team set ups in term of classes than in terms of mmr/ladder points/whatever. This is not dota/LoL where you pick after getting a match but a game where you usually join the queue on the class you are going to play. As soon as people have played a couple of pvp matches in this game, classes matter much more than individual player skill as this game is full of counters and hard counters.

Perhaps I should just stick to Heroes of the Storm as having two tier 5 Heroes on your own team vs a team of t1/t2 heroes is still more balanced and enjoyable than what appears to be the average gw2 match.

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6457

Zord.6457

For a change I’m not gonna whine about the matches and MMR, but instead would like to ask why the NA ladder isn’t updating? Says next update should be at 3:40AM PST but thats already passed.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in
learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Never before has match quality felt that low :s

Honestly, if I have to wait 5+ minutes for a match anyways, I wont mind waiting another 5 as long as you stop putting my nec into a team with two other necs.
My personal highlight was 3 necs, a freash air ele and something i cannot remember vs shout warrior, dps guard, staff ele and double panic strike thief on the other team. Please explain to me how that is even remotely balanced.

You wrecked that right? For balance, try 3 Turret Engi’s and 2 thieves, with 2 of the Engi’s both on my mid. I was a freak’n ping pong between the Rifle OC shot, Slick Shoes, Magnet, and those <insert stream of profanity> rocket turrets.

All I can do is log in, Queue up, and hope for the best. If by the end of the season I have a 40% w/l ratio I’d be really happy. Considering that 50/50 is good, then lower it by the chances of getting a poorly RNG’d team, getting placed against premade’s, having a player DC, getting a 4v5, and whatever else could go wrong, a 40% w/l is pretty good ratio.

btw, I have zero clue how points are being awarded. Looking at someone with 70% more points for the same amount of games played and only 1 win difference.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in PvP

XGhoul.7426

Amen

The previous one was much worse. Way too volatile, decay helping people to skyrocket by doing 1 game each month,… In some way, the actual system is " similar " since you can still have anyone at any rank, but i guess someone #10 deserves that spot better having 500 games played( even if 300 loses) than someone with 15 games played..

Everyone already said what the problem is today : top players don’t get hurt by losing. Top 100 players should need 2 wins( 3 if top50,…) to compensate a lose against less experienced players, but that’s not the case, and i’ve already seen #1 with +1 win + 4 loses and no points lost..

The volatile part of the last leaderboard was that there was no actual decay, so your main argument is done. Nobody is arguing that the last leaderboard has atrocious decay, what people (generally, and people that stuck through beta) want is an actual leaderboard which displays skill> number of games played because you can have somebody spend 12 hrs at the game per day but be mediocre. The last lb wasn’t perfect but I challenge ANYBODY to look at the past top 100 on each leaderboard (soloq/teamq) and name at least 20 outliers which don’t fall into this category and say that the players that earned those spots are complete trash (pre Dec/inc trash lb).

edit: for reference

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/history compare teamq and soloq pre Dec patch and open your eyes.

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

XGhoul.7426

edit: for reference

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/history compare teamq and soloq pre Dec patch and open your eyes.

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

From what I understand leaderboard only scores Ranked Arena, and MMR scores both Ranked and Unranked Arena.

If you wish to be top player is simple: keep your MMR low (to meet most easy players), and win every match in Ranked Arena (to get up on leaderboard). To achieve this purpose create 2 losses in Unranked Arena (to drop MMR and not be scored in leaderboard), then create 1 win in Ranked Arena (to be scored in leaderboard). Repeat the procedure as much as you like, but don’t forget to make sure you keep your MMR very low with every 2 losses in Unranked, because this brings you easy enemies in Ranked.

To make everything much more easy: do this when most children play (like after school) and with a premade team (preferably with Teamspeak or other vorm of voice chat). Having a premade team ensures you will not have 4v5 on your team, and saves you time and effort.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperStriker.1982

ReaperStriker.1982

So far I’m liking this new MMR system. Please don’t change this. I think you are paired with teammates with a high W-L ratio. Before, you were “punished” for doing good. Before you will be paired with people with a lower win percentage. I don’t know what was the intention of arenanet with that, but the ones who are benefiting from it are not newbies that need nursing, it’s the point farmers who are abusing the old MMR.

in PvP

Basket of Boxes.1976

I have actually been getting good fun match-ups (purely solo queue) I figured everyone’s complaints were with the leader board. Of course you get the occasional stinker or 4v5/afk but that isn’t really Anet’s fault. The rewards aren’t even that good unless you really wanted the armour but you could get the llama mini playing less than 10 matches a day I think.

in PvP

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Im not understanding why pvp rank is not taken into account in regards to "ranked arena." I would assume i shouldnt be placed against r70 and 80’s bit it is occuring.

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Im not understanding why pvp rank is not taken into account in regards to “ranked arena.” I would assume i shouldnt be placed against r70 and 80’s bit it is occuring.

if you dont purely farm hotjoins and get some good experience in un/ranked, by the time youre about a wolf or bear you should know nearly as much as most people with dragon/phoenix and the only thing they have on you is a bunch more games.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Im not understanding why pvp rank is not taken into account in regards to “ranked arena.” I would assume i shouldnt be placed against r70 and 80’s bit it is occuring.

Same here, was only in the 20’s rank and not even top 1k on the leader boards. Yet, found myself fighting folks all Saturday that were top 200 and 80 ranked. If it’s true about just going into unranked and losing a couple rounds to lower the MMR, that would make sense of it all now.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

From what I understand leaderboard only scores Ranked Arena, and MMR scores both Ranked and Unranked Arena.

If you wish to be top player is simple: keep your MMR low (to meet most easy players), and win every match in Ranked Arena (to get up on leaderboard). To achieve this purpose create 2 losses in Unranked Arena (to drop MMR and not be scored in leaderboard), then create 1 win in Ranked Arena (to be scored in leaderboard). Repeat the procedure as much as you like, but don’t forget to make sure you keep your MMR very low with every 2 losses in Unranked, because this brings you easy enemies in Ranked.

Not possible because the MMR is kept separate per Ranked and Unranked arena, and also separate per class you play, according to the wiki at least (unless it’s outdated again)

At the heart of PvP matchmaking algorithm is the Glicko2 matchmaking rating (MMR). This rating, which is an approximation of your skill level, helps match you with other players with similar skill level. In addition to two core ratings (one for unranked and ranked arena), a rating is also kept for each profession. More than one rating is used in order to encourage players to experiment with other professions they may not play regularly.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

I don’t know. For a first time in my life I see people to be ashamed to be on leaderboards. They even make threads to say hey, sorry, I didn’t mean to farm, I just love this game.

Being high on this leader board is like screaming “See meee, I’m a nolifeeer!” And tbh more of the nolifers would prefer to cover this fact. Come on, give them some anonymity.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

(edited by Eyia Hellhide.7320)

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

The new leaderboard is still trash, and we’re stuck with it for 2 months+an off-season period. It’s depressing.

The sad thing is that I’ll still be queueing ranked to avoid aids map. This PvP infrastructure is still a complete mess .

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Same here, was only in the 20’s rank and not even top 1k on the leader boards. Yet, found myself fighting folks all Saturday that were top 200 and 80 ranked. If it’s true about just going into unranked and losing a couple rounds to lower the MMR, that would make sense of it all now.

you can usually 1v2 those so called “top” ladder players…so not much of an issue actually…

the only problem is that, having crap mmr, they usually 3+ que vs full pug teams so they can still manage to win somehow…

And yes…most of them are turret engis ofc…..what else xD

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)