Sigil Proposals v2

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

sigil of draining probably needs an icd to keep it from being broken, just a reminder life steal damage ignores armor and weakness and can go through effect like endure pain.

There is a joke build by woe for wvw that uses this sigil with pressure striking and impacting destruction traits on carrion gear (condi power vit). The result is interrupts that deal ~7k dmg each that can be spammed with impunity on a build with 20k hp.
This is something that can get replicated in pvp post sigil change and it leans heavily towards the annoying side.
Effectiveness aside i don’t thing enabling yet another one button build for thief is a good idea no matter how viable it may be.

EDIT: nvm the sigil i was thinking of is not listed, i got it mixed up with sigil of absorption

see no evil ,until i stab you

(edited by foste.3098)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’ve updated the original post with some updates. Please take a look!

Sigil of Enhancement
Unless you plan to greatly reduce boon spam with profession changes, this is essentially a straight 5% damage sigil.

Sigil of Ruthlessness
Please no on-interrupt sigils. Interrupt/CC spam from certain abilities is already a pain and they could stack this sigil insanely quick. An ele could wade through a group with shocking aura and trigger this sigil multiple times just from incidental cleave. Pulmonary Impact spam thieves will do even more damage.

Sigil of Absorbtion
Doubly bad. It has on-interrupt design and is boon steal, something which should be left to profession abilities.

+1

Removal of Sigil of Accuracy is not ok.

This we need accuracy to stay.

+1 again. This sigil is so important for a few niche builds.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: atlashugged.7642

atlashugged.7642

Please take a look at the Sigil of Paralyzation currently in game. As it is in game, tooltips don’t update properly to reflect the new stun duration. Additionally, it doesn’t appear to stack with other increased stun duration modifiers. If you could correct these issues with the next version, I think it would be okay.

I like the thought behind the interrupt based sigils, but are these what interrupt based builds really need? None of the “on interrupt” type sigils help with the omnipresence of stability in this meta. I’m fond of interrupt builds. I don’t imagine I’d ever use either sigil on an interrupt build for that reason, and I certainly won’t use them on a non interrupt build.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Kinda shocked that, as a Warrior, none of the “on swap” sigils look tempting. The might and vulnerability ones are strictly inferior to the “on hit” versions. Doom getting nerfed from 8 s to 5 s is harsh. And 18 s CDs on the better effects don’t appeal to a frequent swap play style.
Oh well, happy to see Absorption get put back in the mix, at least.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Any chance of getting a fury on crit or interrupt sigil?

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

They should hold a poll for these changes like they tend to do for WvW.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

NEW: Sigil of Ruthlessness: Gain 5 might (3 seconds) when interrupting a foe.

Although, I’d be the first to add the “on interrupt” sigil to my build. This screams for an ICD!!

Agreed.

Yeah OK, but then please also consider balancing the duration of the Might stacks in relation to that CD! Three seconds is very short and even a 1-2 second ICD means most AE interrupts will only be able to fire this sigil once even when interrupting multiple foes.

Let’s not get too carried away here, as currently we don’t even have a viable interrupt focused build in the game. Let’s not kill the idea before even testing things. (Like it seems you have done to the Reveal already. Sad. It was actually a refreshing new aspect to this Sigil rework, and not just a series of heavy handed nerfs to existing sigils as we’re pretty much back to now. )

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Just happen to stumble across this thread, and I find it quite alarming.

There are still major issues with balance in this game, particularly regarding condi vs. power. I think it’s unarguable that condi in pve dominates, so why on earth would you make passive condi duration sigils stronger? Condi in PvP and WvW is quite strong on a competent player. In large group combat, condi can devastate a disorganized gorup, but will do nothing against a good group specced properly, so duration will do nothing to them. There’s no need for this.

Instead of making the life of balance team more difficult by changing existing sigils, why not leave them alone so they are at least at a constant, and just stick with introducing new sigils. The reveal one looked quite interesting.

Overall, what I see is something that has existed ever since the consolidation of the trait lines and decoupling stats with traits: there’s a lot more damage in the game. Most of the proposals on these sigils only furthers the power creep while nothing is being done to increase toughness and vitality across the board to make fights last a little longer. This seems especially true with most of the passive sigils. Being one shotted should not be a thing. Please stop this.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I commend Anet on this thread. I hope larger structural issues with balancing can be approached with similar fashion to this more micro issue. The feedback here seems to be really helpful and effective.

Looking forward to the changes.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Takashiro.8701

Takashiro.8701

Agree with Mail. Props to Evan & the rest of the team for presenting us their ideas and discussing it with the us. I think its really benefical for both sides. If only we could have this dev-player-interaction for more upcoming changes to classes & stuff.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: atlashugged.7642

atlashugged.7642

NEW: Sigil of Ruthlessness: Gain 5 might (3 seconds) when interrupting a foe.

Although, I’d be the first to add the “on interrupt” sigil to my build. This screams for an ICD!!

Agreed.

Yeah OK, but then please also consider balancing the duration of the Might stacks in relation to that CD! Three seconds is very short and even a 1-2 second ICD means most AE interrupts will only be able to fire this sigil once even when interrupting multiple foes.

Let’s not get too carried away here, as currently we don’t even have a viable interrupt focused build in the game. Let’s not kill the idea before even testing things. (Like it seems you have done to the Reveal already. Sad. It was actually a refreshing new aspect to this Sigil rework, and not just a series of heavy handed nerfs to existing sigils as we’re pretty much back to now. )

Yeah, I think an internal cooldown would be a terrible idea. It’s worth noting that Mistrust doesn’t have an internal cooldown, and nobody can really justify using that in a mesmer interrupt build. The cooldown of interrupt based abilities would balance the proc rate of interrupt proc sigils. Even without an internal cooldown, they aren’t worth taking.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

pls don’t delete generosity.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Sigil of Enhancement
Unless you plan to greatly reduce boon spam with profession changes, this is essentially a straight 5% damage sigil.

Sigil of Ruthlessness
Please no on-interrupt sigils. Interrupt/CC spam from certain abilities is already a pain and they could stack this sigil insanely quick. An ele could wade through a group with shocking aura and trigger this sigil multiple times just from incidental cleave. Pulmonary Impact spam thieves will do even more damage.

Sigil of Absorbtion
Doubly bad. It has on-interrupt design and is boon steal, something which should be left to profession abilities.

+1

Which build relies ont he 7% bonus to accuracy so much? It seems like such a minor thing.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I have barely played your game since you’ve removed the celestial amulet.

Please focus on making the game fun, Sigils aren’t the main problem at the moment.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Sigil of Enhancement

Sigil of Ruthlessness

Sigil of Absorbtion

+1

Which build relies ont he 7% bonus to accuracy so much? It seems like such a minor thing.

mine builds, Some non meta builds are niche builds that are Reliant on one aspect of the build itself and thus removing them could drastically weaken them or even so much that they aren’t viable anymore. It’s excatly these nichemeta builds that use weird amulets, runes or sigils. removing them can drastically harm them.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

shion.2084

Could you link me a mine build? Interested.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Fashion Mage.3712

Agree with Mail. Props to Evan & the rest of the team for presenting us their ideas and discussing it with the us. I think its really benefical for both sides. If only we could have this dev-player-interaction for more upcoming changes to classes & stuff.

I think you mean selectively discussing it with people. Several people in this thread have brought up legitimate concerns numerous times and haven’t gotten a single response.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I think you mean selectively discussing it with people. Several people in this thread have brought up legitimate concerns numerous times and haven’t gotten a single response.

Just because they don’t reply to your post does not mean they didn’t read it.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

this one for example

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdn0XCFYi9MAWYCcYilHATIAcA2guT2L7nd4EkB6gA-TJBBQBA4BAUl9H6wJAAilBAA

BTW I use mine build just for example. Not that only mine builds use accuray sigil. Instead. But simply adding the sigil increases precision from 24 percent to 31 percent. with fury. without the sigil i’m guaranteed that on average 1 out 5 are crits. with 31 percent 1 out of 4 on average is atleast a hit. It gives me that extra pressure without me having to sacrifice anymore sustain by taking an rune that focuses on power. by me using soldier runes i have 4 condi cleanse+diamond skin. when i meet necros or condi heavy builds i can add even more condi cleanse. Bassically it actually has decent sustain to fight on point without having to blow through cooldowns or go obsidian flesh right of the bat. Something u don’t often see on builds used outside of auramancer in pvp.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Fashion Mage.3712

Yes, again, I believe that’s what they call “selectively discussing” things. Of course I don’t really care if they ignore the questions I personally put forward, but they’ve ignored a tad too many people for me to consider this a proper discussion. Off the top of my head, people have been complaining about the lack of Sigil of Accuracy (they’re doing so right now actually), the lack of support sigils, the lack of sustain sigils, the general lack of diversity in these sigils, and a lot of people doubt the necessity of this whole thing in the first place.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Yes, again, I believe that’s what they call “selectively discussing” things. Of course I don’t really care if they ignore the questions I personally put forward, but they’ve ignored a tad too many people for me to consider this a proper discussion.

Unlike most of us, ANet employees talk on this forum mostly during work hours, so I’d say a realistic window for them to read and respond to our questions is at its most a few hours per week. And this isn’t the only thread they read. That means they will skip answering even good and legit questions, and for a good reason. What you consider “selective discussing” is just a the plain reality, and thus far I’ve seen them take into account issues that they haven’t commented on.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Update 3/15:

• Doubled Sigil of Agility cooldown and double quickness duration to 2 seconds.
    Fine change
  • Removed Sigil of Revelation. While we like this effect, we will keep it in our back pocket for some more thought.
    it is an awesome sigil, don’t remove it. Finally a counter equipment vs stealth, would be refreshing to the game, yet doesnt make stealth useless
  • Sigil of Punishment is now Sigil of Enhancement and deals .5% damage per boon on yourself. We didn’t like the idea of a damage bonuses based on something you didn’t have direct control over.
    . 5% dmg is not something you change your rotation for, there are simply builds it synergizes well with. Id remove this sigil and stick to more conditional sigils like dmg vs snared foes
  • Removed Sigl of Peril. We don’t feel this sigil would be a strong choice compared to the other condition duration sigils.
    just make it give 35% duration
  • NEW: Sigil of Ruthlessness: Gain 5 might (3 seconds) when interrupting a foe.
    interrupts shouldnt trigger vs autoattacks, this just incentivizes more headshot spam with pulmonary impact. if you interrupt a cooldown then the effects are well deserved. If interrupts continue to proc on autoattacks remove these sigils entirely

There should be some sigils that give crit chance instead of dmg%. Like if a sigil gives 7% dmg on a condition, there should be a crit version too that gives 10% crit on that condition. There could be the limitation to choose either crit chance or dmg% on a certain condition but not both.

Sigils should give more than 5% dmg if they are tied to a condition. On-swaps were already better when 5% was an all-time bonus. The gap is gonna be even bigger now.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Kicker.8203

Honestly, there should be if they remove air, fire and blood, yet they keep might on hit and vulnerability. Vuln is only worthwhile for condi specs to cover their condis.
Fury on hit with a cd should be a thing because not every class swaps weapons when they try to deal max dmg and there is no other pure power option for onhit sigils. Or might could just give 50-60 power and 0 condi dmg if you have a really low condi dmg stat anyway. Like below 300.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Honestly, there should be if they remove air, fire and blood, yet they keep might on hit and vulnerability. Vuln is only worthwhile for condi specs to cover their condis.
Fury on hit with a cd should be a thing because not every class swaps weapons when they try to deal max dmg and there is no other pure power option for onhit sigils. Or might could just give 60 power and 0 condi dmg if you have a really low condi dmg stat anyway

Might on hit and vulnerability on hit won’t provide as much of a damage boost as fury which is probably why they don’t have an option if it.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Kicker.8203

What about a sigil that after you successfully evade, for 3 sec your next hit procs a sigil of blood or fire effect. 5s CD. This way it can be dodged and there is a lot more play to it.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Kicker.8203

Fury on hit with a cd should be a thing because not every class swaps weapons when they try to deal max dmg and there is no other pure power option for onhit sigils. Or might could just give 60 power and 0 condi dmg if you have a really low condi dmg stat anyway

Might on hit and vulnerability on hit won’t provide as much of a damage boost as fury which is probably why they don’t have an option if it.

No it could be balanced to be the same effectiveness. Just tune cd and duration accordingly

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

No it could be balanced to be the same effectiveness. Just tune cd and duration accordingly

The way i am seeing it is that fury provides a minimum of 10% damage boost in average and it gets better with more ferocity. 5 stacks of might and 5 stacks of vulnerability are both only 5% each.

In fact most things they have now are capped at about 5% on average. Fury would be twice as effective as everything else.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Update 3/15:

• Doubled Sigil of Agility cooldown and double quickness duration to 2 seconds.
    Fine change
  • Removed Sigil of Revelation. While we like this effect, we will keep it in our back pocket for some more thought.
    it is an awesome sigil, don’t remove it. Finally a counter equipment vs stealth, would be refreshing to the game, yet doesnt make stealth useless
  • Sigil of Punishment is now Sigil of Enhancement and deals .5% damage per boon on yourself. We didn’t like the idea of a damage bonuses based on something you didn’t have direct control over.
    . 5% dmg is not something you change your rotation for, there are simply builds it synergizes well with. Id remove this sigil and stick to more conditional sigils like dmg vs snared foes
  • Removed Sigl of Peril. We don’t feel this sigil would be a strong choice compared to the other condition duration sigils.
    just make it give 35% duration
  • NEW: Sigil of Ruthlessness: Gain 5 might (3 seconds) when interrupting a foe.
    interrupts shouldnt trigger vs autoattacks, this just incentivizes more headshot spam with pulmonary impact. if you interrupt a cooldown then the effects are well deserved. If interrupts continue to proc on autoattacks remove these sigils entirely

There should be some sigils that give crit chance instead of dmg%. Like if a sigil gives 7% dmg on a condition, there should be a crit version too that gives 10% crit on that condition. There could be the limitation to choose either crit chance or dmg% on a certain condition but not both.

Sigils should give more than 5% dmg if they are tied to a condition. On-swaps were already better when 5% was an all-time bonus. The gap is gonna be even bigger now.

I completely agree. Interrupt sigils and traits should not proc when interrupting auto attacks. It just encourages mindless spam. If need be, make them stronger to make them more rewarding for timing them well, but having them trigger on auto attacks just encourages mindless spam.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

this one for example

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdn0XCFYi9MAWYCcYilHATIAcA2guT2L7nd4EkB6gA-TJBBQBA4BAUl9H6wJAAilBAA

BTW I use mine build just for example. Not that only mine builds use accuray sigil. Instead. But simply adding the sigil increases precision from 24 percent to 31 percent. with fury. without the sigil i’m guaranteed that on average 1 out 5 are crits. with 31 percent 1 out of 4 on average is atleast a hit. It gives me that extra pressure without me having to sacrifice anymore sustain by taking an rune that focuses on power. by me using soldier runes i have 4 condi cleanse+diamond skin. when i meet necros or condi heavy builds i can add even more condi cleanse. Bassically it actually has decent sustain to fight on point without having to blow through cooldowns or go obsidian flesh right of the bat. Something u don’t often see on builds used outside of auramancer in pvp.

what makes this a mine build? I was expecting an engi.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

OriOri.8724

English likely isn’t his first language, and he meant “my build”

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Ovark.2514

Ovark.2514

Sigh . . . If they’re going to keep the stupid ‘on swap’ sigils why not add some interesting normal damage ones. Some examples are:

One that removes blindness on weapon swap

One that increases the damage of your next non-critical hit by 50%

Your next attack deals maximum weapon damage.

Swapping weapons gives you immunity to enemy Sigils for 3 seconds.

And some Passives for normal damage:

One that deals 5% more damage if the enemy is ABOVE 50% health. This way you can have a player whose job it is to bring the enemy to under 50% HP and one that uses Sigil of Exploitation to finish them off.

One that deals 5% more damage to stationary foes.

Deal 5% more damage to foes within 300 radius of you

One that gives nearby allies 3% more damage (not self)

ALSO: I think the Sigil of Enhancement is sill kind of weak. In order to get a decent bonus, you need every boon in the game. Only Eles and maybe engis could reasonably get close on their own. Maybe make is .7% per boon? That, or maybe do .1% increased damage per STACK of each boon on you. Maybe have both as different Sigils?

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

shion.2084

this one for example

Thanks for the information, so I guess the argument is that 7% is significant if you need to proc within a certain cooldown period and are counting on a no precision amulet, but have fury or some other kind of bonus to crit. For instance an engineer with firearms can have 10% crit from being close, I think 10% against bleeding foes, and 20% from fury. At which point this would give them a 47% crit chance vs. 40%.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

shion.2084

Sigh . . . If they’re going to keep the stupid ‘on swap’ sigils why not add some interesting normal damage ones. Some examples are:

One that removes blindness on weapon swap

One that increases the damage of your next non-critical hit by 50%

Your next attack deals maximum weapon damage.

Swapping weapons gives you immunity to enemy Sigils for 3 seconds.

And some Passives for normal damage:

One that deals 5% more damage if the enemy is ABOVE 50% health. This way you can have a player whose job it is to bring the enemy to under 50% HP and one that uses Sigil of Exploitation to finish them off.

One that deals 5% more damage to stationary foes.

Deal 5% more damage to foes within 300 radius of you

One that gives nearby allies 3% more damage (not self)

ALSO: I think the Sigil of Enhancement is sill kind of weak. In order to get a decent bonus, you need every boon in the game. Only Eles and maybe engis could reasonably get close on their own. Maybe make is .7% per boon? That, or maybe do .1% increased damage per STACK of each boon on you. Maybe have both as different Sigils?

I actually looked at my gameplay as an elixr engi, and honestly it is very hard to even keep 6 boons going for any length of time and that would only give 3% bonus. I’d probably rather have something like vuln stacking on hit… if that’s still around. As efectively its a condi for cover and would represent the same damage increase. If I couldn’t have that I’d rather have plain might to increase my condi’s that I’m stuck with and my power which I focus on.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Ovark.2514

Wow shion, that’s worse than I thought. You’re probably right, people won’t ever take sigil of Enhancement the way it is. I mean, people don’t even take Sigil of Force now for the most part. Doom, Energy, and Intelligence are far better options to say the least.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

Wow shion, that’s worse than I thought. You’re probably right, people won’t ever take sigil of Enhancement the way it is. I mean, people don’t even take Sigil of Force now for the most part. Doom, Energy, and Intelligence are far better options to say the least.

There was a patch that meant sigils of the same type no longer shared a cooldown. Before this force was very popular. Even though all the sigils you mentioned existed at the time iirc.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

Give me a good reason to eliminate sigil air and fire? Since I use exactly because there are classes that are difficult to kill … such as berserk, dragonhunter, reaper ….

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

Thinking about it again, there really is no reason to delete generosity.

Save generosity!

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Sigmoid.7082

Give me a good reason to eliminate sigil air and fire? Since I use exactly because there are classes that are difficult to kill … such as berserk, dragonhunter, reaper ….

From Cal Cohen in the original thread.

We’re definitely aware of the impact of removing sigils that create free damage, and are looking at sustain nerfs that will ship at the same time as the sigil update.

Also they need to be removed because they cause free damage. A hit that is supposed to be 300~500 damage like locust swarm, head shot, etc etc turns into 2~3k just because of this. Also the damage is essentially free and the damage is not static. Any sigil that causes damage is effected by outgoing damage mods which means they are way more powerful on some classes than others.

People complained about these as soon as the limit to one was removed. I would rather see free damage removed from sigils and less sustain than sustain needing to be creeped to cope.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Kicker.8203

From Cal Cohen in the original thread.

Even if there are sustain nerfs, why would someone who can weaponswap every 10s use 5% extra dmg on a condition only when they can also pick Intelligence, Battle, Agility, Doom, Energy etc.
Thieves are screwed by this because they have to stay on their melee set if they want to down somebody so they can’t take on-swap sigils on their melee set. Edit: and whichever build requires you to stay on a weapon for longer periods like lb rangers as well
Solution: increase 5%dmg bonuses to 7-8% and add more dmg sigils that can be used without swapping. Just not on-interrupt sigils because ppl will just spam interrupts vs every autoattack.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Navajas.3147

Navajas.3147

Ruthlessness is epicly overpowered as it is now.

Bring back Revelation, it’s a very refreshing alternative!

Heroes’ Ascent.. hero
Long White Hair – among others

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Thieves are screwed by this because they have to stay on their melee set if they want to down somebody so they can’t take on-swap sigils on their melee set.

Every change Anet has ever made as resulted in Thieves claiming they are getting screwed by it.

Also the change only limits SB thieves.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Lol this is very funny since no one has even mentioned Revenant (What is that? The garbage under-performing class still in Beta?)

They literally have no bursts left now and the removal of swap damage sigils is going to hit even harder. Legend Swap activated the sigil and was part of the SoTM (nerfed to death) + Equilibrium (Nerfed some time ago) combo. So shut up about thief getting hit hard. Only few things have the kitten tier damage and sustain that Herald has and obviously none of them competitive.

And I highly doubt they are nerfing the stupid high stustain that Zerkers, Druids, DHs, Reapers have.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Thieves are screwed by this because they have to stay on their melee set if they want to down somebody so they can’t take on-swap sigils on their melee set.

Every change Anet has ever made as resulted in Thieves claiming they are getting screwed by it.

Thieves will complain about anything though. They complained about a 1/4 sec reveal on a 18 sec CD loud enough for Anet to ditch it entirely. That should tell you how much they care about balance

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Made me laugh probably more than I should have =D

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Yannir.4132

Which is basically all thieves. On any other map except Eco, leaving your shortbow home is a bad decision.

All classes lvl 80.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Serge Azel.9145

Serge Azel.9145

Have we considered making sigils that alter how combo finishers act?

I’m suggesting something along the lines of:

“Finishers treat all fields as if they were <Ice/Fire/Lightning> fields”, such that all whirl finishers will produce bolts based on the sigil, rather than the field itself.

This isn’t suggesting that you could use a finisher without a field, of course. Just that field type would be overridden by the sigil.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/60v93o/enrichment_slots_have_potential_but_too_few_uses/df9il2j/?st=j0ladkmf&sh=ea48796a

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

How about sigils actually proc’ing a finisher? Like swapping weapons creates a blast finisher.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Ovark.2514

I would also like to put this out there because I feel like it’d be a shame to make such sweeping changes to sigils without making this change:

PLEASE remove sigil of DOOM.

Characters such as Guardians and Warriors, which have no poison should not be able to access poison, period. This is the realm of Thieves, Rangers, Engineers, Necromancers, and certain Revanents (though I think the Rev shouldn’t have poison at all). If DOOM was removed, there would be more incentive to diversify the team compositions so that every team had at least 1 class which could apply the poison. This has bothered me since launch.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Yannir.4132

I would also like to put this out there because I feel like it’d be a shame to make such sweeping changes to sigils without making this change:

PLEASE remove sigil of DOOM.

Characters such as Guardians and Warriors, which have no poison should not be able to access poison, period. This is the realm of Thieves, Rangers, Engineers, Necromancers, and certain Revanents (though I think the Rev shouldn’t have poison at all). If DOOM was removed, there would be more incentive to diversify the team compositions so that every team had at least 1 class which could apply the poison. This has bothered me since launch.

Flavor questions are up to the player, and I don’t think this is particularly good reason for removing DOOM. However I’m rather indifferent to the sigil in question, so I wouldn’t mind it really. Just not for this reason as it’s basically RP.

All classes lvl 80.

Sigil Proposals v2

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

yey the only damage condi digil that should propably remain is the bleeds on hit. Adding condies that many classes don´t have access might not be a good idea. Of course it creats options to use them as cover condies or extra damage. Bleed, vulnerability and criple are common on most classes so those sigils don´t add much. Also a bleed all 3s would only be a slight damage boost giving more sustained damage but won´t help mauch in bursting. Poison is cover, damage and healing prevention in one.