Skyhammer gloryfarmers

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

With these changes coming to pvp..
I feel like the players who exploited to get glory and ranks fast are rewarded even more…

To honor the effort that players have put into the rank system
They get a finisher wich is not obtainable anymore once ladders are implemented. They just kept exploiting on skyhammer for a month to go from rank 1 to 50 or maybe even 60 and get their permanent shark finisher for free.

A new glory vendor that has several items available for purchase with both glory and gold.
They got the same amount of glory in a few weeks by cheating.. other people had to play a year to get this amount. Glory is a currency and even dye’s are pretty expensive atm. Now they will be able to get more items with their unfair glory amount.

I am really surprised there’s no info still about what will happen to these cheaters.
I was hoping there would be something in the blogpost but nothing yet….
You said you had the info about who did it and how much..
But what and when are you going to do something with it?

Don’t reward the cheaters over the actual pvpers.
Please.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

At this point I doubt anything is gonna happen to the,

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

With these changes coming to pvp..
I feel like the players who exploited to get glory and ranks fast are rewarded even more…

Yes.

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

As anyone else has posted in another thread: “Rule 1 in every MMO is to exploit as fast as possible as much as possible”.

I more and more believe this.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Some dev once posted they have logs who used this exploit, so maybe they would reward fair players in future.

Signed, level 1 alt

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

Well, on the bright side…I came back two days ago after a few months of not playing…and all these rank 60s and 50+ that farmed their ranks…lost every match….the only teams that had players rank high 50s and 60s that won were legit those ranks and known players. Half these people that have those farmed ranks…I have never heard of in my life and are irrelevant and can suck my D.

(edited by fugazi.5139)

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

when it was about gold whoop every single soul got perm bann within 10min

glory ? rank ? just farm bruh np 8 lvl 80s for you oh here is a title

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

As anyone else has posted in another thread: “Rule 1 in every MMO is to exploit as fast as possible as much as possible”.

Me too

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

To honor the effort that players have put into the rank system, existing players will be able to keep all unlocked rank finishers and will earn a special title based on your rank to show that you were there from the start. .

Why stop there?

Just give them a special finisher as a reward for their effort. Make it a bunch of people that jump on the downed player, AoEing like crazy, and then they all fall through a big hole in the ground.

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sea.5732

Sea.5732

rofl yeah this is pathetic =P

exploiters get rewarded big time.

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Sea.5732

still waiting for some dev answers on this one.

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’ve written in other threads, and though i am not there yet and may not make it to those ranks in any meaningful time period, there definitely should be something done further than just getting rid of glory and ranks altogether.

again, goes back to rewarding those who were able to achieve far more using unconventional methods. sure, you can’t stop them… but does it fix the problem, or even address the issue at all? by punishing those who are working very hard and legitimately?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Sea.5732

if you know “who and how much” they exploited, then i just am confused why you can’t rollback them. sure it was prob 70% of the pvp community but they had it coming when they decided to continue exploit.

roll them back >.<

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

/me looking at 6 80 lvl alts
Yeah, someone will levelup one or may be even TWO characters to 80 with skyhammer glory, such a big deal. Oh my.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Sea.5732

was hoping a dev would mention skyhammer farmers on the blog, so just gotta hope one pops into the forum =(

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Sampo.9678

Here is the dev response from one of the other gloryfarm threads.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/legitimate-high-ranks-pls-devs-respond/page/2#post3051473

They’re not turning a blind eye to it but we’re not getting any updates on it either…

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Sea.5732

“We have all of the numbers, we know exactly who is doing it and how many times they do it. I’m not going to say any more than that.”

roll them back then! sigh.

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Posted this in another thread but, Not just the skyhammer exploiters, Glory became completely worthless once the Bday booster came out and was giving 1000% glory instead of the intended 100% extra glory, people were earning 30k+ glory a 5min match because of this. Say you earned 500glory on average a match you were getting 50,000glory at the end of matches and they never rolled back the people who benefited from this the first day which was stupid. So you have some people with millions of glory that benefited from this that never had that glory taken from them. SS for proof

Glory shouldn’t be a reward for anything in the new upcoming changes they are planning because of stuff like this, no one cared about glory before because it was worthless but if your putting stuff in the game that makes it actually worthwhile thats not fair to legit players and players who didn’t benefit from the bday bug.

Attachments:

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Skyfarm, bday bug, hot join neting more glory than spvp, getting more points for playing game wrong (8 people caping a point), dps classes getting more glory than bunkers.

That is what you get when you release a game during development and fix it now and then.

1 Day to fix a bug which gives players 10 000% bigger gain ? It should be fixed in 5 mins with rollback. If you plaid for 1 hour that day you got as much as playing for 100 hours.

And even now they say thing will take months to change. Face it all of us who did PvP since beta without exploiting will probably get nothing for it.

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Tranassa.4968

“Rule 1 in every MMO is to exploit as fast as possible as much as possible”.

I’m a true believer now!

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

“Rule 1 in every MMO is to exploit as fast as possible as much as possible”.

I’m a true believer now!

Wish i went skyhammer farm straight from r60 to r70 when i could like someone did…to bad i took the long way and now i’m 62 with no chances to get phoenix, while crazy farmers already have it even if they started at lower rank than mine. Gj anet…gj..exploit as much as you can is definately the way to go i guess

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Tranassa.4968

Maybe we are lucky and they implement any new bug that we can exploit to reach r80! There is still hope If it is about bugs, there is nothing anet can’t do

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Sea.5732

yeah def something to keep in mind on the next bug that comes around. especially since a-net won’t do anything about it.

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I didn’t get into PvP until recently, and am only a rank 9. I seriously regret not getting in on these “skyhammer farms” prior so that I could have these awesome finishers

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

I think it’s obvious for everyone to see that if there is information about who took advantage of this exploit available, then these persons need to be rolled-back to where they started out, at minimum.

Anything other than that is a massive slap-in-face to every single one of us who’s leveled up in rankings, and earn’t glory, in a legit way.

~~Ayeres~~

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Sampo.9678

And like i pointed out in other threads.
Taken from: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit

An exploit is the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers. It can involve the use of a third-party program and it includes generating currency (glory), experience, or other things of value to players (rank). It also includes actions that allow one player to gain a gameplay advantage over other players.

ArenaNet will temporarily suspend players for using exploits deliberately and permanently suspend those who purposefully and repeatedly make use of them, depending on the severity of their actions.
(Like they did at snowflake and at karma exploit for example)

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Tranassa.4968

What they did about snoflake exploit?

What they did about karma expoit?

What they did about the unintended champion farm in the cave in mount malstrom?

What they DO about the farming of the champions in Brisbane?

What they did about skyhammer farmers?

What they did about birthday present abuse?

Do you remeber what they did? Please tell me.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

SPvP sucks, face it.

• Classes totally unbalanced: mesmers, warriors, a few guards and a thief
  • Winning team takes it all: everyone leaves the losing team and winners overpower simply by numbers

It’s one of the worst PvP modes I have ever played in any game.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Skyhammer gloryfarmers

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

SPvP sucks, face it.

• Classes totally unbalanced: mesmers, warriors, a few guards and a thief
  • Winning team takes it all: everyone leaves the losing team and winners overpower simply by numbers

It’s one of the worst PvP modes I have ever played in any game.

Classes are imbalanced, but I assume you don’t play that much if you really think mesmers are imbalanced.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division