Some Rev skills to powerfull?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Only skills that do dmg on revenant, of course they are going to hit. Mesmers mind wrack hits the same as UA, with the same cd, and its instant. Also, is hard to land a full Surge, and it costs a lot of energy. Infuse Light is just a 0-100 heal most times, so here you just have to live with the fact that you need to down revenant heal two times.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Just like WoW new classess, they need to make it OP the first month or two so people buys the game

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Of course rev is going to be a balance fail out of the gate. During the next balance update 6 months from now, they will change a few of the skills that don’t need adjustment and leave anything OP in place.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Unrelenting assault gets worse the more people are on the battlefield. The heal skill is rather situational..

I don’t even play Rev, but its a new playstyle and thus new kind of opponent to face.. At least TRY to figure out some weaknesses before crying OP

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

UA is only really strong 1v1 and has many ways to counter.

The glint heal you simply stop attacking.

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Too much OP dude!

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in PvP

Posted by: Inflames.8026

Inflames.8026

Take a look around you before you cry OP.
Theres plenty abilities in this game that does WAY more damage. Just take burn guardian as an example. 75,682 burn damage over 24 hits over 4,5 secounds. No condi cleanse and you are pounded. Mesmers Mind wreak, warriors rampage or gs burst. Thieves blink in and backstab sigil procs which does 8 k on procc. Ranger pewpew which hits you for 9k or , maul hitting for 7. Fresh air ele doing 16 k over a few secounds. Reapers doing their gravedigger hitting for 8-9k. Or the reaper shroud 4 hitting up to 5 targets for around 7-8k.

But no, pick on the poor rev because you can’t play against it yet

in PvP

Posted by: apocom.3172

apocom.3172

Take a look around you before you cry OP.

Read what the OP wrote. It’s the combination of damage, very long evadeframe and mobility. I know, it’s good for players so they can press a key and relax for 2 seconds, but putting so much stuff in a single skill is bad design.
Everyone of the other skills you have posted has way more counterplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Rune Darkmoor.3269

Rune Darkmoor.3269

UA was WAY too risky with no evade. Something HAD to be added.

Wanna know something that hits even while you’re invulnerable/evading? Conditions. There are entire builds that can make those evade frames less effective right there.

Not to mention, UA pretty much makes you give up complete control of your positioning for its duration, allowing the target to put them into a really bad position.

AND on top of that you can just drop AOE at your feet for when it’s over to counter burst. (If I was a warrior I’d save a good immo or stun for right when it ends, and HB his behind)

The damage is spread out over 2s, parts of which can be blocked or dodged, or invuln through, significantly reducing it’s damage.

On top of that, even just having a +1 significantly reduces it’s damage to any one target, so it’s automatically less effective against mesmers, rangers, and MMs, or anyone who’s not fighting 1v1.

The evade frames are not the problem. Did I mention that Rev has energy to manage? So every time this skill is rendered less effective it reduces the Revs skill choices down the line. It’s not like a CD only skill which can just be blown and forgotten about.

(edited by Rune Darkmoor.3269)

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Of course rev is going to be a balance fail out of the gate.

Just another day in GW2. I’ll be extremely surprised if the game isn’t completely broken when the expac hits. I have absolutely no faith in the balance team – I’m fully expecting Rev and a bunch of specs to be completely broken, with a few dancing in the “useless” category.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Of course rev is going to be a balance fail out of the gate.

Just another day in GW2. I’ll be extremely surprised if the game isn’t completely broken when the expac hits. I have absolutely no faith in the balance team – I’m fully expecting Rev and a bunch of specs to be completely broken, with a few dancing in the “useless” category.

I have 0 faith in the Design Team. Just look at Chronomancer, someone legitly thought making shatterspike 2.0 was a good idea. Instead of changing the functionality of F1-F4 and improve the mesmers weaknesses of teamfighting, they decided not too. I guess Mantra of Distraction and Vamp Runes are here to stay forever, less Guild Wars, more Build Wars. Argue as much as you want about how balance is hard, it’s been 3 years and ArenaNet has failed over and over with conceptual design balance.

in PvP

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

And here are the typical pvp people crying for nerfs to Rev again. Infused Light? Pay attention and don’t bloody hit the rev when he has it up. If you do, well that’s on you and you don’t have much right to complain about it. Double dodge the UA or run to a team mate. UA is not good against more than one target.

You basically want to nerf Rev’s one good burst skill or take away the evade which is absolutely necessary in pve. If they nerf these skills they better nerf it in pvp ONLY.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I have eaten a 14k Condolesence of ruin back to back with a 9k Unrelenting assault.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I have eaten a 14k Condolesence of ruin back to back with a 9k Unrelenting assault.

Here’s some advice: Don’t stand in the Coalescence of Ruin while you’re being hit by Unrelenting Assault. Neither of these skills provide any CC.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

Easier said then done. Oh did I mention self maintained 15+ might stacks?

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Can’t be helped. Game is #BalancedByAnet.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

Infuse Light. Should probably be 2.5 sec duration max.

Unrelenting Assault: Everyone (ihope..) knows that this skill is straight up broken.
There is a number of counters that simply do not apply to just this one skill which should be fixed. Blinding the first hit, porting more than 600 away, EVADING THE FIRST HIT!!! All of these things SHOULD COUNTER it. The skill could also use another 5 sec longer on cd if ALL of those counters do not happen.
Lastly, the base dmg is just far too high. It gives might and scales from power pretty well, there is no need for the base dmg to be at current values.

Surge of the Mists: This skills base dmg is also too high but… it costs a fair bit of energy+20 sec cd so I find it less out of line.

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Some of the big hits I’m not seeing any animations or damage indicators.

Literally I’ll just be standing there at full health and the next thing I’m in downed state

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

Where are these Super Revenants you are fighting?

Staff 5 can hit hard . . if all the hits land. Thats on you if they do. If nothing else, avoid walls.The rest of the staff skills are pretty low on the dmg end.

People don’t seem to understand how UA works before they start yelling OP. A zerk rev can hurt a zerk thief/ele 1v1 if they stand still. oh noes.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

just fought a herald with infuse light.. guess how much healing he got out of it…

2k, because i didn’t attack.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Standard qq post with lack of insight. Every class has something that is strong, especially if u fight against it clueless. This is where the road splits up and some try to understand workarounds while others give up. If you dont lower your pressure against IL youll make it OP. And revs arnt that strong vs condi compared to other classes but u forgot to leave that part out.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Looking at revenants facetanking trebshots and getting 8k heal bursts was actually pretty enlightening, that pretty much shows how much anet actually cares bout this game being skillbased….what’s the point of dodging treb like any pleb if you can just eat it and get rewarded?

Random passive procs apparently were not enough, now even evading an high damage burst is gonna be out of meta if you actually get more just facetanking it

#esports2016

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

you can also invul a trebshot.. or warriors could heal themselves too if they used the stance heal. it has always been like this lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

you can also invul a trebshot.. or warriors could heal themselves too if they used the stance heal. it has always been like this lol.

defiant stance is total crap for war lol

like pretty much any other healing skill compared to hs anyway, it’s not like wars don’t run anything outside it because they just don’t want to, i would be glad to get another viable heal giving you the same conquest survivability (Not more…even the same would be fine) as you have running hs just for the sake of being able to use something else once in a while

lypion and rom tried ds in esl

Lypion was dead and rom got back to hs…war is in a bad enough spot atm even while running the most powerful things you can get, let alone if you try to step out of meta

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

i never said it was good, i just said that it works the same way. giving ds the 0s cast time treatment would maybe help.

in PvP

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Sword skill is also kittened. You either have to double dodge or take 10k damage. If you double dodge you don’t have any dodges left and then you have to distort ect and then in 10s you’ll have to double dodge again when the cooldown is up for the revenant. Its not ok for a skill to force a double dodge every time it is used. It can’t be avoided by positioning, you can’t blink out of it, you can’t do anything but double dodge, distort or just tank the damage. The damage needs to be nerfed on it or it should be given a xyz range from where the skill started casting (like that if you leave out of a 460 radius from where the skill started casting that you just outrange it).

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

unrelenting assault is basically the only skill you have to dodge on sword, and stealth breaks the attack aswell. if you can’t be creative about it as a mesmer then maybe you should reroll. not like the clones lessen the overall damage of the skill…

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

And what about hammer hitting 4k-6k-8k in WvW? Don’t you worry though, after the expansion comes out they’ll balance it.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

wvw is not the way to balance the game.. but i agree that the hammer hits too high for the low cooldown it has on #2 and i made a thread about it after bwe2, either reduce the damage or increase the cooldown.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

wvw is not the way to balance the game.. but i agree that the hammer hits too high for the low cooldown it has on #2 and i made a thread about it after bwe2, either reduce the damage or increase the cooldown.

It hits for 3k-4k-5k in PvP too. And in both cases you can get hit by both the last and the middle strike.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

You are only getting hit for 4k? In wvw I would expect 6500-8-10+ honestly..

but yes the hammer base dmg is too much as well. It really didnt need the %dmg buff across the whole weapon that they added WITH HERALD as well.
Although it SHOULD CRIT HARD, the base dmg is too high, which is consistant with most of the burst skills on the class.

in PvP

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Your post makes 0 sense. You can’t say anything to make it alright for a 10s CD skill to force a double dodge or a defensive cooldown every time it is used. There are ways to avoid it, sure but they cost too much in comparison to how much the revenant invested.

Pineapples rule

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

This thread is so funny..like really.. I believe best state of rev was few months ago during first rev beta right?

Go condi build and laugh at revs if thats your problem and you want to counter something what was made to counter power builds in the first place. Did i mentioned that UA trigger confusion for each hit?

Ps. close range to hammer rev..gratz, all of it damage is gone. Im genius, dont thanks.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I’m assuming most people who are having trouble with revs are glassy direct damage builds who don’t know how to fight a rev (not that any of us do fully yet.) On bruiser builds I havn’t met a rev I’ve had a problem with. I also hear condi builds are great vs revs.

Obviously a properly balanced NEW glass SHOULD be a bit OP since knowledge to counter them is a bit lacking.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

When I see revenants i say to myself “this gonna be looong fight”

Some builds are way over the top, its like elementalists v3.0

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Easier said then done. Oh did I mention self maintained 15+ might stacks?

lol you hover at 10 and for half a second it gets to 12 and that is also if you have the passive signet active and dont use the skill or go into another legend.

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

The heal is pretty much defiance stance which been in the game

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Sword #3 is the only high-damaging skill of any sword weapon set, aka the only skill that will potentially kill you. If it was possible to avoid/mitigate the whole UA, Revs would simply not kill anything… You cant mitigate all dmg from an enemy. The only rational change (proposed on BWE2) would be to decrease the dmg of the first hits and increase the last one, so using one dodge at the end would mitigate way more than now

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Sword #3 is the only high-damaging skill of any sword weapon set, aka the only skill that will potentially kill you. If it was possible to avoid/mitigate the whole UA, Revs would simply not kill anything… You cant mitigate all dmg from an enemy. The only rational change (proposed on BWE2) would be to decrease the dmg of the first hits and increase the last one, so using one dodge at the end would mitigate way more than now

Right now its one of the worst examples of a “fire and forget” type skill in this game.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

The heal is pretty much defiance stance which been in the game

It’s an improved version of defiance stance… and it’s only one of the 2 heals a rev can use in a same fight… To be balanced, it would need to be half the efficiency, not better.

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Seriously though, pistol whip is like the cheesiest abomination in game and then they put mobility into it? It’s just… Lol. Honestly, 15 burns stacks hurt a lot but it’s still manageable. Even pistol whip still have some counterplay woth a bit of mobility. UA still homes you even if you already dodge or move away…. The fact that this skill exists really baffles me.

in PvP

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

When I see revenants i say to myself “this gonna be looong fight”

Some builds are way over the top, its like elementalists v3.0

Yes, killed one over the weekend with ranger. I was more relieved that the incident was over, than I was elated at a kill.

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

Sword 3, Glint Heal, Staff 5 are all pretty much OP. Furthermore, Revenants innate sustain is kind of OTT.