Someone Explain This Q time

in PvP

Posted by: Nos.9803

Nos.9803

Hi. I was just wondering how it is possible and fair that i have to wait 15 mins on avg for a q pop and sometimes break records as the picture shows whereas new accounts don’t encounter this issue.

Attachments:

www.Twitch.tv/Noscoc

in PvP

Posted by: Spurrlock.3219

Spurrlock.3219

A dev with knowledge of the matchmaking algorithm is probably the only one who can actually explain this. My guess is you’re being unintentionally punished for being a top player.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

I don’t think in unranked is easy to find people with the same mmr of a wts winner.

Play with a second account

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

They apparently couldn’t find a player bad enough to out-way your awesome to put on your team. Seems surprising to me since a bad play can have a much greater effect than a good one… but opinions i guess.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Ouch. Because of this post, I kind of hope that I never get really high MMR just to avoid queue times.

Maybe leagues will help fix this issue, if anything by getting more players to play the game?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

This is Anet’s eSport for you.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Thanks for posting that

That is the most disgusting thing ive ever seen for a game. I literally fell asleep at the computer when my que time got to 6 min and im stuck in the most boring place in the game. If i had woken up and still seen i was queing i might of gone insane.

No one should have to wait over 5 min especially if its a solo que. Seriously i dont care who it is. I swear at times its like your randomly throwing people together anyways.

5 MINUTES ANET

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is how matchmaking systems work in general. It has your MMR and it tries to find a match of people very close to your MMR. As time in the queue goes on, it spreads the search range. If your MMR is 1500, let’s say, then it might start by looking for people from 1450-1550, but spread to 1350-1650 after like two minutes. Since your MMR is high, it’s unlikely to quickly find a match with people close to your rating. That means your queue times are likely to be longer than newer accounts, since it doesn’t have to wait as long to spread the net. It’s not just matching you with random people. Sometimes it might feel like it, though.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

ded gaem

elite specs ruined pvp.

in PvP

Tao.1234

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is how matchmaking systems work in general. It has your MMR and it tries to find a match of people very close to your MMR. As time in the queue goes on, it spreads the search range. If your MMR is 1500, let’s say, then it might start by looking for people from 1450-1550, but spread to 1350-1650 after like two minutes. Since your MMR is high, it’s unlikely to quickly find a match with people close to your rating. That means your queue times are likely to be longer than newer accounts, since it doesn’t have to wait as long to spread the net. It’s not just matching you with random people. Sometimes it might feel like it, though.

Not exactly.
Right now, PvP arena has less players than half year ago.
Much less than year ago.

What’s more, a lot of pvp dedicated players – who rather were dedicated – don’t spend half of the day in PvP arenas as they used to.
2-3 matches → logout

And I assure you, that’s not the real life stuff which make it happen.
People are already fed up with balance issues, and Anet’s further development which only bring worse and worse balance each time they touch it.

And here you have it, long time queues.

To think that year ago, it took less than a minute to get a popup entry to match.

Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Well that doesn’t really explain the difference between new accounts and high MMR accounts that Nos was pointing out, Tao. Obviously a larger population would result in shorter queue times, but I don’t think there’s actually anything incorrect with what I said. At least, you didn’t point any out. Also, a year ago I’d known 60 minute queues to happen at odd hours. People just get too salty to see sense.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Tao.1234

Well that doesn’t really explain the difference between new accounts and high MMR accounts that Nos was pointing out, Tao. Obviously a larger population would result in shorter queue times, but I don’t think there’s actually anything incorrect with what I said. At least, you didn’t point any out. Also, a year ago I’d known 60 minute queues to happen at odd hours. People just get too salty to see sense.

I can tell you from new account experience as well.
1st match won, 2nd against ESL team, 3rd against another ESL team.

Imo what I’ve noticed that if you’re too long in queue, it’s better to quit and queue again – something like a bug?

I didn’t mean that you’re not correct, your MMR speculation isn’t off.
But also, Anet isn’t really into talking about MMR stuff.

We don’t have Leaderboards with MMR value.
We dunno how exactly MMR does work.
Justin once made a thread where people posted 500-100 matches.
And honestly, I don’t really see any difference since he made that thread and closed it.

For me, it appears that Anet is into eSport but at the same time doesn’t care about it.
Unless they’re fine with having ~100 people in eSport arena and believe it’s something of a great magnitude.

Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

And during that 20 minute queue you were locked in Heart of the Mists -_-

Why the kitten do I play this joke of a game?

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Ignoring the dead-end argument of matchmaking, my question is: Did you enjoy staying in Heart of the Mists for that duration? As more players are turned off by queue times and being locked in HotM, guess what happens? Longer queue times and more waiting in HotM as people play less. And as this downward spiral continues, matchmaking and queues get worse.

Note to the devs: I know we always yell at you to do Gw1 stuff. Forcing us to queue again inside of a zone is not a good implementation from Gw1. If queue times went longer than 1 minute in Random Arena for example (2 resets of the queue), you knew the game was kittening dead at that time. Here many of us are happily expected to wait 7+ minutes. Let me also remind you that the only other mildly successful ‘e-sports’ mmorpg attempt (to my knowledge), World of Warcraft, allowed queuing across the game.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Average queue time in TERA for 20v20: 2-3 minutes!
Average queue time in GW2 for 5v5: ~10 minutes!

Jokes! Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Jarrix.8234

Jarrix.8234

Hi. I was just wondering how it is possible and fair that i have to wait 15 mins on avg for a q pop and sometimes break records as the picture shows whereas new accounts don’t encounter this issue.

Because you need 4 bad players to form a team but a group of 3 only needs 2 bad players to form a team. So their group forms first and goes, meanwhile you sit there forever.

Unfortunately, if you want shorter queues you need to grab a few scrubs to drag your rank down, either that, or make ANet put back in soloQ.

Kayku
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Too bad the Mists had nothing that could ease the painful wait until that Queue Pop

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

ur not suppose to play with a broken arm m8 the gams telling ya that

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Nobody is online in your mmr bracket so the game is slowly widening the search for a match. In that time people somewhat close to your mmr get into a match leaving you to wait longer and longer until the system casts a wide enough net to give you a match.

There is very little you can do as an outlier to improve your queue times.
1) drop mmr
2) queue during a more active time
3) queue with players with lower mmr

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

If I have to wait over 4 minutes I just drop out and re-queue. I seem to get in quickly after I do that.

Although I do suck so there are probably a lot of people around my mmr.

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

It’s very possible that your MMR is SO high that the matchmaker doesn’t expand enough to grab people to play with.

I’m investigating some numbers and math and stuff.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

It’s very possible that your MMR is SO high that the matchmaker doesn’t expand enough to grab people to play with.

I’m greately thankful for your investigation && problem solving. Would it be encouraging if more fameous players world post daily about clear, hotfix worth issues?

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Evan remember to unlock Queue out of hotm and fix the preamde vs soloers issue thx

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Are you saying Nos has won all GW2 SPvP technically speaking since there are no opponents that readily come close to his MMR?

In a way, kinda funny.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I guess that’s what happens when you only do team queues. Maybe we shouldn’t have merged solo and team queue together?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I thought having 10 minute ques were bad :O

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

This is a main reason I’ve severely cut down on how much I play. I stopped watching streamers because it’s so boring between matches, and I wait 7-8 minutes for every queue. When that queue ends up having a 4 man, organized premade on the other team, or a 4v5, and it’s another 7-8 minutes even after that match ends, and you end up spending a lot of time to have literally no fun.

I have no idea how the average queue is less than 3 minutes at any point. That means that for every Nos out there, there’s like 7 people getting instant queues.

in PvP

Posted by: Laodike.8640

Laodike.8640

we should make a ladder with queue times. It would be more accurate than any of the leaderboards before, showing actually the good players in the top 10

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

You know how some people say “git gud”?

I guess the opposite might be needed here, git bad.

Fun aside, this is the loneliness of being the best or one of the best at something. You very rarely find others to equal you or drive you further and thus the matchmaking system is unable to match you. Other members of the Abjured getting this too?

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

You’re a top tier player. That’s just it.

In LoL top tier player can get on average 30m+ Q, so I guess we’re okay.

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

You’re a top tier player. That’s just it.

In LoL top tier player can get on average 30m+ Q, so I guess we’re okay.

It’s true that que times naturally take longer at the high end of play, and that in lol you can hit 30m+ que, but the games also take like 30m+.

A game in guildwars takes like 10m average.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

It’s not ok doing nothing for 20min.

Queuing in hotm honestly is a true pain.

in PvP

Posted by: Jarrix.8234

Jarrix.8234

I have no idea how the average queue is less than 3 minutes at any point. That means that for every Nos out there, there’s like 7 people getting instant queues.

My queues are near instant, like almost always under 10 seconds. I’m pretty bad and play builds I enjoy that usually suck ie I lose a lot.

Kayku
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Just keep charging middle till you lose, not only is it hilarious (the team rage) but it’s pretty effective.When you can’t handle the team rage anymore just state:

“Pardon me sirs! it is entirely possible to kill 100 player’s in 15 mins, i am winning this game for us. If it wasn’t so arena net would of increased the points per kill from 5 to a higher number, Also you have been reported for verbal abuse.

:D

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I’m greately thankful for your investigation && problem solving. Would it be encouraging if more fameous players world post daily about clear, hotfix worth issues?

Hahaha…

My thoughts exactly.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

This issue has been posted for how long? So if a non-esports player post, than its not an issue.. Guess pesents aren’t worth a response.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Once again, a nice temporary band aid to this issue would be to allow us to queue from other parts of Guild Wars 2 besides HoTm.

HoTm is stale and boring, and the PvE world is more interactive and ideal to queue from. HoTm should solely be for tutorials and golem smashing at best.

A friend of mine was streaming the other day and he told me he accumulated 9 viewers while playing on his ranger and as soon as his game ended and he was waiting in queue, he lost all those viewers and I’m sure you can apply the same scenario to higher watched streams.

Then the issue of this recent booster buff comes into play. If I am using a booster that grants me 50% more reward track experience, I may be able to play 5 or 6 games in the 2 hour time span given. The rest is queue times and people not accepting queue pops.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

(edited by Jelzouki.4128)