[Suggestion] PvP Reward track

in PvP

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Today – there is no in-game way to get makeover/hairstyle kits. ( u get one haisrtyle-kit in ONE PS chapter I dont count that). Either u get then by RNG from BLTC chests or u have to buy them.

My suggestion is that u could make a reward track where the final reward is a makeover kit! Call it tack of vanity or whatever

Kima & Co

in PvP

Posted by: DrArmature.4619

DrArmature.4619

I think the biggest issue is that it limits the amount of revenue they can make from the gem store. If a hairstyle was perhaps the biggest reward at the end of the track then maybe.

Personally I’d love it, and would only do that track from there on out.

^^

~Necromonger: “Where we learn one pain can lessen another”

in PvP

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Cosmetic gem-store stuff is a gigantic portion of revenue that supports the free-to-play style of GW2. Handing out the cosmetics for free as well wouldn’t benefit anyone.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

5/10/15/20/25k achievement point chests give a total makeover kit

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

no, those kits are just cosmetics, if you really want them, farm gold and buy them… no reason to give things like this in the pvp reward tracks, you can already make gold there…

if anything, I would rather like to see more unique armors like glorius for pvp reward tracks, but anyway in the end it’s just a matter of farm, nothing to do with skill…

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

bad idea imo. finishing a reward track is easy mode for someone who pvp a lot. thiese stuff shoud remain at least this hard to obtain.

you can already make gold there…

what the flying kitten are you talking about? what gold? +2 geen/blues from a box make you rich man.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashern.5328

Ashern.5328

It really isn’t hard to just farm dungeons for a day (or 2/3 if you don’t do Arah) to be able to afford a hairstyle kit.

Those kits to me are precious and whenever I get one I have to decide carefully who I want to use it on. I don’t want them in a reward track because it will make them too overabundant and soon everyone will have the hairs. It is about 40g or so for a hair kit and 60g for a makeover? I may be wrong but who knows.

Like you said, they are available to buy which is more than I can ask for. I’ve only purchased gems a couple of times so I’m very much glad that I can just farm gold and convert it to gems. Just farm dungeons until you get the money and you’ll be good to go!

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

PvP already gives transmutation charges, and it doesn’t need to give anymore than that. What PvP needs is rewards that bring prestige and sense of accomplishment, such as new title or new finishers that are long term goals but not impossible to achieve such as wvw titles.

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It would actually be awesome if there were a reward track that had a makeover kit as a final reward. While we’re at it, it would be really cool to have a reward track that rewarded a Black Lion Key somewhere in the tiers.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

It would actually be awesome if there were a reward track that had a makeover kit as a final reward. While we’re at it, it would be really cool to have a reward track that rewarded a Black Lion Key somewhere in the tiers.

Reward tracks are incredibly easy to complete already. It would need to be double the length of a normal reward track to offset the loss, I would think, to gem store.

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Reward tracks are incredibly easy to complete already. It would need to be double the length of a normal reward track to offset the loss, I would think, to gem store.

In PvE you can make enough gold to buy a makeover kit from the gem store in roughly 4 hours even with pretty mediocre gold-farming techniques. Can you finish a PvP reward track from start to finish in 4 hours, including queue time? Definitely not. I think it’s pretty fair if you balance the intermediate rewards of the track appropriately.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I would really like to see a Black Lion reward track though, with maybe two-three keys as intermediate rewards, and a couple of gems in the end. But yeah, cosmetics are a big part of Anet’s profits, so I doubt they’ll be obtainable in game anytime soon.