Svarnir/Cheftain and conditions

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Lol why not just seperate the stacks of condis from each opposing team to neutral monsters?

This seems pretty straight forward, they need to be counted different.

Because that would require completly new condi application system made just for two monsters in game (Svarnir and Cheftain)…

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Lol why not just seperate the stacks of condis from each opposing team to neutral monsters?

If the monster has 2 separate stacks of bleeds, which stack does damage first? The only way I can think is the first one applied goes first. That’s doable without splitting the stack.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I thought the most fair way to decide who gets credit if condition tick downs the beast would be to simply credit the person who had the biggest damage rolling for that fatal condition. So the player who can stack the highest, or have less stacks but superior condition damage numbers.

Edit for clarity:

The person who gets the neutral boss kill has the highest condition damage ticks for the last tick of whatever condition kills the beast. So if the Boss dies to burning, the game would credit the person who did the biggest slice of that last burning tick.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

If the monster has 2 separate stacks of bleeds, which stack does damage first? The only way I can think is the first one applied goes first. That’s doable without splitting the stack.

If its two seperate stacks they each have their own timer and duration, at which they were applied, each dealing their own amounts of damage.

The one to deal the killing blow would be the one that gets the kill, seems really simple to me.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I thought the most fair way to decide who gets credit if condition tick downs the beast would be to simply credit the person who had the biggest damage rolling for that fatal condition. So the player who can stack the highest, or have less stacks but superior condition damage numbers.

That sounds reasonable but still has the same issue, say if two burn guards contest over the Chieftan, one burn guard can actually get killed as the other finishes it off. Because the dead burn guardian did more burn damage, he is guaranteed the kill despite being dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

If its two seperate stacks they each have their own timer and duration, at which they were applied, each dealing their own amounts of damage.

The one to deal the killing blow would be the one that gets the kill, seems really simple to me.

The timer is on the mob, not the attacker. The bleeds from Red and Blue all tick at the same time. If both Red and Blue have enough damage in their portion of the tick to get the kill, how do you figure out who had the killing blow?

in PvP

Posted by: Dreggon.6598

Dreggon.6598

Can you not give the kill to whoever’s conditions do more damage?

So if the boss has 3000 health

Person A has conditions dealing 4000 damage per second
Person B has conditions dealing 5000 damage per second

The kill should go to player B, who deals more damage, even though both players have enough damage to get the kill

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Can you not give the kill to whoever’s conditions do more damage?

So if the boss has 3000 health

Person A has conditions dealing 4000 damage per second
Person B has conditions dealing 5000 damage per second

The kill should go to player B, who deals more damage, even though both players have enough damage to get the kill

Then it’s not fair for any other player with less damage to swoop in at the last second for a steal.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Requiring a stomp would probably be an interesting solution. When downed the NPC should be immune to damage and require players to stomp it. Thus CC and Stab etc become important.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

Requiring a stomp would probably be an interesting solution. When downed the NPC should be immune to damage and require players to stomp it. Thus CC and Stab etc become important.

To bad stomps are broken and don’t work more than half the time…

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Just make them immune to condi damage. Gives a roll to non condi users on the team and solves the problem.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Posted by: Dreggon.6598

Dreggon.6598

Just make them immune to condi damage. Gives a roll to non condi users on the team and solves the problem.

make all the NPCs unattackable, instead they just roam around killing players and you need all 10 players to work together to beat them. hope you don’t have any afks

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

i got an idea how about u respond to post that actually kittening matter to fixing ur k I T T E N game

lots of people are leaving because you are not giving any real feedback on the real issues going on that are driving people away from the game once again u never stop amazing me anet

(edited by official.7362)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

i got an idea how about u respond to post that actually kittening matter to fixing ur k I T T E N game

What’s wrong with Evan theorycrafting boss kill mechanics. We’re all nerds here.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

make all the NPCs unattackable, instead they just roam around killing players and you need all 10 players to work together to beat them. hope you don’t have any afks

I’m ok with this. Right now anyone can kill one with their eyes closed.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

What would be fair?
Last person to apply the condition that dealt the killing blow? Spam condies.
First person to create a stack that dealt the killing blow? Be the first to apply condies and keep them up the entire time.

The team who did the most damage on it… Duh… -.-

But I understand, logic + Guild Wars 2 = hahaha…

What does the FOX say¿!

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

What would be fair?
First person to create a stack that dealt the killing blow? Be the first to apply condies and keep them up the entire time.

There goes the competitiveness of stealing kills. Someone can just get it down to 49% health and leave, there’s nothing the other team can do about it without giving the opposing team free points.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

I was gonna suggest this solution too.

in PvP

FOX.3582

What would be fair?

There goes the competitiveness of stealing kills. Someone can just get it down to 49% health and leave, there’s nothing the other team can do about it without giving the opposing team free points.

I’m not even gonna try explaining crap anymore. I hope you are smart enough to figure out a solution for that tiny problem. Or maybe you would fit right in the Anet team?

Thank God I’m way more creative then most people… -.-

For now, status is the fact that it is not fair and development don’t even know themselves how it works…

#E-fails

What does the FOX say¿!

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

What would be fair?

I’m not even gonna try explaining crap anymore. I hope you are smart enough to figure out a solution for that tiny problem. Or maybe you would fit right in the Anet team?

Thank God I’m way more creative then most people… -.-

For now, status is the fact that it is not fair and development don’t even know themselves how it works…

#E-fails

Whatever floats your boat.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

No… Just give the NPCs “immune, static downstate”. Meaning when the npcs are down, they don’t bleed. They don’t take damage. They will die only and only when they are finished. Surely this would reduce more randomness and accents the kill steal mechanic. I think it will be a lot more interesting.

in PvP

FOX.3582

No… Just give the NPCs “immune, static downstate”. Meaning when the npcs are down, they don’t bleed. They don’t take damage. They will die only and only when they are finished. Surely this would reduce more randomness and accents the kill steal mechanic. I think it will be a lot more interesting.

Voilà… Creative people +1.

Enough good ideas on enough different developments by enough different people. To bad Anet will never implent one unless they’ve thought about it themselves. Do not forget, after all this is the “look what we can do and think of at the HQ of Anet” show…

What does the FOX say¿!

in PvP

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

What would be fair?

Considering the amount of condition ticks an individual player can dish out… let alone a team.. conditions shouldn’t count IMO. If conditions counted, then inanimate objects like Boxes and Doors should receive condition damages along with it. Currently, there’s a Good and a Bad for full condi builds. This huge differentiation between Condi and Raw Power should be kept apparent.

NPCs don’t usually cleanse themselves anyways… it’s 3x easier to kill NPCS with condi than power builds… It should only be last hit from raw damage.

My opinion is this. I think the NPC should be awarded to the person who dealt the final killing raw damage blow. But that could get tricky, if he definitely dies from bleed stacks.

Either way this is an awesome thread.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I think their death detecting is messed up.

I’ve never seen those taken by different teams when both teams are fighting one. Every single time both teams are fighting one of them, the same team always gets it even if the other team did deal the last strike.

You can try and do anything. Large damage strike skills like Hearseeker, Churning Earth, “Chilled to the Bone!”, Chaotic Release or warrior bursts, stacking an insane amount of conditions, pushing the enemies away to finish it while they are disabled… Nothing. Always the same result.

And it doesn’t matter if the enemy players are different or using a build with few big hitters or no conditions. It just goes to the same team.

I would make them go into downed estate, so you actually have to finish them to get the kill. Bring a bit more love to control there, instead being sneaky and in the right team being enough to always steal the kill.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Edit for clarity:

The person who gets the neutral boss kill has the highest condition damage ticks for the last tick of whatever condition kills the beast. So if the Boss dies to burning, the game would credit the person who did the biggest slice of that last burning tick.

It’s a good idea, just one major obstacle and that would be programming it. It would have to keep track of all 10 players, track every condition including chill and fear, finally accurately identify who had the killing blow from the 10 players.

Now what if it dies to hitting multiple people with retaliation-oh dear… Got to track retaliation too.

There is just no easy fix. In a game where the stuck bug is still around. And the stomp bug. And the revive bug. This problem is low priority.

Guild Wars 2 is far, far, far from Esports. Best solution would be remove this map from tournament map rotations and put in Temple of the Silent Storm.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Why does it go to the killing blow at all? Seems a really terrible system. Should be whoever does the most damage. The condition damage just makes it too random.

If you want to give kill steals a better chance make it only apply to the last 50% of the health as to who did the most damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

remove npcs….

in PvP

Posted by: RKyrk.4761

RKyrk.4761

just let them die at the beginning of the game and award a random team the points.

1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

What would be fair?

Last Person to apply the condi is fair since last hitting is what gets the points.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Remove damaging conditions, problem solved

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Wait, does this mean the Lords in Stronghold can bleed out? I thought they had to be stomped?

If not make us stomp All lords.