Thief Meta confirmed

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

XD
Now hopefully people will stop saying that thieves need to stay out of ranked lol

Attachments:

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Thief is fine, as long as you’re not terrible on it. The problem is, there are a lot of people who are terrible on it. If you’re terrible on it you die a lot faster than being terrible on scrapper, cleric tempest, or condi-reaper.

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It was against two dragonhunters (at least), a warrior, and tempest. DH counters DD hard so that makes the win even more impressive. It’s funny whenever DH’s play like thieves with trying to roam and decap.

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If you want to beat a thief as a DH, stay still, and drop your traps. But yeah, well played thieves are always welcome on my team.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

1. quite few ppl don’t know how to play thief since it has been pretty much dead for entire season (courtesy of beloved Anet balancing team)
2. worst part: a lot of people don’t know HOW to play WITH a thief on team
3. decent revs/scrappers completely shut down thieves – the more there are of those on enemy team the less impact you have on outcome of the match as a thief – meanwhile Anet turns blind eye to issue and continues to gold spoon those classes

That being sad, grats on win

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

They had a warrior…

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Good players on thieves have always been good, but since most players are actually bad easiest thing to do is to come here and complain.

Stella Truth Seeker

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

XD
Now hopefully people will stop saying that thieves need to stay out of ranked lol

I really never understood why ppl were kittening thieves in pvp. i mean those that know the professions are invaluable assets and can currently win pretty much any 1 v1 they have.

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

No power to drugs.

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Snoopy Shannon.5123

Snoopy Shannon.5123

Yeah I never understood the hate for thieves. I’ve come across some crazy good thieves, but mostly not so good.

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Ahahahaha…change the 2 DH to 1 Reaper 1 Engie, and then we will see..make it more fun, put 2 Reaper there… I think your opponents didn’t even had a condi/hybrid Reaper. 4 chill skill and bye bye 4 thieve in instant!

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

XD

and yet people start thread about Mesmer that got overnerfed because of MOA. This community is just terrible…

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Ahahahaha…change the 2 DH to 1 Reaper 1 Engie, and then we will see..make it more fun, put 2 Reaper there… I think your opponents didn’t even had a condi/hybrid Reaper. 4 chill skill and bye bye 4 thieve in instant!

Thieves are probably the class that is the least affected by chill. 66% increase in cd is meaningless when the cd of their main skills is 0. The movement speed decrease is likewise ineffective as most of thief mobility comes from teleports, shadowsteps, and leaps.

Besides maintaining condition uptime on something with the ludicrous amounts of evades and mobility is not even remotely reliable.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

This looks like a combination of decent thieves (they do actually exist) and bad DHs (but good DHs also exist). I bet the third player was a Reaper, so gg. Thieves do well against Reapers (good thieves only) and Tempests. That warrior, I have no comment.

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

Just an FYI for your screenshot, you took the time to erase the names on the scoreboard but we can still see them on you party UI =P

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Yeah I noticed that right after I posted it XD
It was 2 tempests, 2 dragon hunters, and a war

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: nativity.3057

nativity.3057

It was against two dragonhunters (at least), a warrior, and tempest. DH counters DD hard so that makes the win even more impressive. It’s funny whenever DH’s play like thieves with trying to roam and decap.

It’s even funnier when people who don’t know how DHs play act like they do.

Watch Zero Counterplay’s relegation matches. Although they lost, I think kitten was the best person on their team. Really knows the Guardian class and what to do as a DH.

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Thieves are probably the class that is the least affected by chill. 66% increase in cd is meaningless when the cd of their main skills is 0. The movement speed decrease is likewise ineffective as most of thief mobility comes from teleports, shadowsteps, and leaps.

Besides maintaining condition uptime on something with the ludicrous amounts of evades and mobility is not even remotely reliable.

Well, condis are unfun to thieves as well. Shocker. With only one way to cleanse them these days because nobody runs SA if you manage to reapply your condis after the cleanse the thief will be forced out of the fight.

The OP was lucky tbh. This is surprisingly good comp versus the enemy comp. Thieves are perfect at taking down warriors/eles 1on1. Add 4 high mobility thieves to burst down targets with target assists and these guys were probably blowing up the enemy faster than they could say cheese. 3 for strike team 1 to run caps and mesmer to interrupt any wannabe ressurecters.

^ Is this how you did it?

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Yeah I never understood the hate for thieves. I’ve come across some crazy good thieves, but mostly not so good.

thief is hated based on its design and the initiative system

either fulldps kitten that melts

or full dpstard that pokes and runs away when they almost get two shot

or smart poker that runs back and forth waiting for the enemy to blow their defenses then kill them or simply keeps pressure on them disrupting them

or point cappers who do nothing but shadowstep from point to point and never engage combat

then theres the “pros”:

the number 3 and condi evade daggers condi spammer

the staff 5 and vault burst evade spammer

the noob: AKA heartseeker spammer

the classical dagger pistol

so fighting against a thief most of the time seems like they are just being cheap

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

Thief Meta confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

http://i.imgur.com/9OuqSif.jpg thief confirmed op

edit: 95% of my games played were on thief. Purely soloqueue.