Things must happen to balance PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

L2P already people, Warrior being braindead is a thing of the past. Warrior takes skill now.
L2P, just please.

Meta Warrior build takes less skill than before. You’re not right on this. Warhorn, Shouts, these are really bad at reflecting a player’s skill. Hammer was much more indicative of who the bad and good Warriors were. If you whiffed your hammer skills, you would simply die due to less sustain.

Also Tarcis you make a few really hilarious logic twists

• “Warrior was nerfed so much because of me”

Lol.

• “Pls, stop protecting your class.”

You tell me this after my post said nothing to oppose your Engi changes, and then you are arguing that Warrior is so behind Engi/Ele that it won’t be OP as the go-to side node bunker, when Engi/Ele get 6 nerfs, I mean negatively affecting balance changes. The irony is not lost.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Shout warrior has no damage. Its a gimmick build that’s only really used for warbanner. It doesnt really need nerfs, what needs to happen is Hambow needs some nerf reverts to get people to actually play it again.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

The OP has some very poorly thought out suggestions if you ask me.

He demands things like magnet pull be visible from stealth, then claims thief is fine, when they can pull from stealth. Gear shield is fine, what a ridiculous request. IP should probably be reworked entirely rather then to have an icon for being off cooldown, at least that would be my preference.

The elementalist suggestions are unspecific and generally unreasonable.

Why do necro marks need new animations, they are clearly different now. Talk about a waste of time.

Please stop protecting your own class, so we can make this game better.

Could your post be more riddled with hypocrisy and irrational bias?

Warrior, Ranger, Thief, Guardian
In a good spot.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

He demands things like magnet pull be visible from stealth, then claims thief is fine, when they can pull from stealth. Gear shield is fine, what a ridiculous request. IP should probably be reworked entirely rather then to have an icon for being off cooldown, at least that would be my preference.

Why do necro marks need new animations, they are clearly different now. Talk about a waste of time.

Warrior,Ranger, Thief, Guardian
In a good spot.

Because pull on engi is in most meta builds and oftenly used paired with other useful skills while thief scorpion wire has no team viability.

about gear shield, even the best engis would agree that CD on this skill is ridiculous.

and marks, no they are not different, only 5 is different, while 4 is extremely op as well while share the same animation.

how is ele suggestions unreasonable in anyway. reduce the burning which the best ele suggested this as well and air whip abuse, and vigor also suggested by the best ele.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

In a good spot.

Because pull on engi is in most meta builds and oftenly used paired with other useful skills while thief scorpion wire has no team viability.

about gear shield, even the best engis would agree that CD on this skill is ridiculous.

and marks, no they are not different, only 5 is different, while 4 is extremely op as well while share the same animation.

how is ele suggestions unreasonable in anyway. reduce the burning which the best ele suggested this as well and air whip abuse, and vigor also suggested by the best ele.

You’re just cherry picking the most sensible Ele changes he’s suggesting and ignoring the ambiguous and potentially devastating change like this:

1. Re-balance the Healing Power scale with Water Attunement Heals.

And then on Engies

3. Re-balance the Skill base damage on Pry Bar, Throw Wrench.

Support Eles and Power Engies not unviable enough guys. Burn them along with Cele Engi/Ele

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Simon.3794

In a good spot.

You’re just cherry picking the most sensible Ele changes he’s suggesting and ignoring the ambiguous and potentially devastating change like this:

And then on Engies

Support Eles and Power Engies not unviable enough guys. Burn them along with Cele Engi/Ele

I believe a suggestion thread are only suggestions which some can be ignored and some can be picked.

we are not necessarily to apply all of them.

and i also agree that skill such as Pry Bar which engineer has scale too well and crit too higher for a celestial amulet.

You probably did not know what how much zerker warrior have been touched in order to nerf PTV hambow..so is it for other classes nerfs happened in the past 2 years.

it will always affect other builds.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

coglin.1867

Yes, scorpion wire does have team viability. You appear to confuse viability with optimal.

As well, that is one of the dumbest reasons I have ever heard as a justification to nerf a skill……….“because it is is most meta builds”.

I see. So you claim to speak for the entirety of the upper level engineer community now? Well at least you confirmed your intention to be dishonest and misrepresentative.

The marks themselves or the cast animation? Because the ,arks themselves absolutely have differentiating graphics when they are placed. If we are speaking of casting animations, then I agree. The OP didn’t have the sense to differentiate the two. The 27th sign in their OP that demonstrated irrational bias.

For one, by none specifically demanding a blast finisher be removed. Which one? And why it over another?

Demanding a tone down to burning? Seriously? The profession is built in a manner to be so diverse, but is limited when it comes to conditions because it is defined by burning and bleeding, and you are crying about one of those. Forcing a worse choice for condition builds simply limits build diversity and forces more players to rune builds your crying about.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in PvP

Posted by: itti.4510

itti.4510

Does everybody really think, “guardians are in a sweet spot”, or has the guardian simply been given up by the majority of players for being pretty useless in everything, because all other classes can do it better. Guardians have been neglected by the developers to a point, where your team is weakened, if you take one with you. Yeah, bunker guardians are great, but, only if his opponents don’t know how to chain interrupt him and finish him off in something under 3 seconds. The offensive guardian needs to be extremely well timed while playing and quickly loses a fight, if he makes a single mistake or gets interrupted. And if a guardian has to run, it happens now and then, he can’t go invisible, poop grenades, illusions, turrets, marks, traps, … he has to “sit in his silly staff-speed-buff” for 4 seconds, if it is to last a while. the guardians spirit weapons are close to useless, because skilling for them makes the overall build silly at best. perhaps, if the spirit weapons allowed for the same kind of healing mechanics as the meditations, the’d be viable again. guardians are also clearly lacking in mobility while also not being able to go into any invisibilty (god) mode.

if guardians are to be played as “first in and last out” they clearly need to be rebalanced and improved.

obviously i’m putting in a few words in here FOR the guardian.

cheers.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Err,

Thief
1. Add LoS to steal teleport.
2. 1s CD to evade skills after evade skill is used (if not all skills).
3. Dazes/Stuns hit through evades
4. Nerf consume plasma

~Signed
Mesmer.

1. mes shouldn’t be able to port behind walls and on edges
2. mes clones shouldn’t follow thief after thief went in stealth nor run for shatter
3. mes and his clones shouldn’t be able keep attacking thief while thief is in stealth
4. mes shouldn’t be able to stack dazes
5. there should be DR on how many clones mes can spawn after dodges
6. nerf vigor access for mesmers
7. reduce duration of immob caused by mesmer spells
8. clones shouldn’t be able to apply torment on AA
9. mes shouldn’t be able to use portal if there is no LOS

~signed
Thief

i can play this game too =.=

on more serious note, support changes proposed by OP… they definitely don’t cover everything but would be a start

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Simon.3794

Yes, scorpion wire does have team viability. You appear to confuse viability with optimal.

As well, that is one of the dumbest reasons I have ever heard as a justification to nerf a skill……….“because it is is most meta builds”.

I see. So you claim to speak for the entirety of the upper level engineer community now? Well at least you confirmed your intention to be dishonest and misrepresentative.

Well, I should ignore everything you posted after your above dishonesty, but for the sake of educating folks after you made this secondary falsehood. Mark of blood has a skull on the ground in a circle. Chilblains has a defined swirl pattern. Putrid mark (or number 4 as you so put it) has an entirely different tribal style design (that how it strikes me anyway).

If you are referring specifically to the casting animation itself, then I misunderstood, and I am board on that one.

For one, by none specifically demanding a blast finisher be removed. Which one? And why it over another?

Demanding a tone down to burning? Seriously? The profession is built in a manner to be so diverse, but is limited when it comes to conditions because it is defined by burning and bleeding, and you are crying about one of those. Forcing a worse choice for condition builds simply limits build diversity and forces more players to rune builds your crying about.

I don’t get it,How many thieves are using scorpion wire, you tell me.
Why “it is in meta build and the most used skill in serious play” not a proper justification of it been Superior then other skills.
Im simply comparing it to Scorpion wire, which is what you were doing, not justifing why it should be nerfed.

“We should not nerf this because another skill of another class does the same and it’s not op on that class so we should not touch this either” is only dumb.
why don’t we just reverse dhumm fire and put it on master trait just like IP?

I don’t speak for them, they speak and i listen. and it is only logical to think that way.

Because you use it on the group and not under the enemy for insta trigger.

Fronzen burst, it was unnecessary and random in the first place when they added it.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

how is ele suggestions unreasonable in anyway.

I believe a suggestion thread are only suggestions which some can be ignored and some can be picked.

Well you asked ‘how are ele suggestions unreasonable in an way?’ to ‘well you know we don’t have to apply all of them’ I was just answering your question.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Simon.3794

how is ele suggestions unreasonable in anyway.

Well you asked ‘how are ele suggestions unreasonable in an way?’ to ‘well you know we don’t have to apply all of them’ I was just answering your question.

Can we concentrate on the topic instead of nip picking?
really, if you have no intend of keeping on the topic then please leave the thread.

you missed the part where he said “they are not reasonable” without a single argument.

so i asked him how are they not reasonable, and listed a few and explained why they are reasonable.

Then IF he actually argued, which you did some.

then i say ‘well you know we don’t have to apply all of them’
NO! we are just simply not forced to apply all of them, really.

is it too difficult to understand

i don’t know why you even quoted.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

General
Runes
1. Nightmare Rune- add animation, cast time, and buff icon for the passive fear. Reduce the fear duration.
2. Hoebrak Rune- Reduce Might Duration.
3. Tone down Celestial Amulet slightly.

Elementalist
2. Remove 1 Blast Finisher from D/D weapon set.
3. Fix Lighting Whip bug abusing.
4. Reduce the accessibility for Vigor and Regeneration.
5. Tone Down the burning duration from Dragon Breath (or increase the skill cool-down)
6. Tone Down the Ring of Fire Duration.

Engineer
1. Add cast time and animation to Over-Charged Shot. Reduce the Knock-back range and duration. Reduce punishment for Engineer itself.
2. Increase Gear Shield Cool-down.
4. Decrease Cripple duration from Box of Nails.
5. Magnet visible while in Stealth effect.
6. Add a buff icon when Incendiary Powder is ready.

Necromancer
1. Add obvious animation to Dark Path.
2.Add Different animation to Staff Mark skills.

Mesmer
1. Fix Spatial Surge bug abusing.

Warrior
1. Fix Warhorn Skills after-cast canceling. (Although the skill itself shouldn’t have any after-cast, might be a bug or intended)

Ranger, Thief, Guardian
In a good spot.

Agree with almost everything but ele 1,2,4 and nerf to hoelbrak, nightmare and celestial. Nightmare’s fear duration is fine if you are not traited for extra fear duration.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

I don’t even think that shout build is the best Warrior build available at the moment, which is why I don’t really want to balance around it. Its damage is really bad, and it dies pretty quickly 1v2. I basically think it’s a consequence of the meta (condis abound, Balanced Stance gets Corrupt Booned) more than a reflection of what the best Warrior build is. Toning down cele and the other meta classes should be enough of a tweak here, I don’t think any class-specific changes are needed.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

(edited by cymerdown.4103)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

kitten

And moving on

Does everybody really think, “guardians are in a sweet spot”, or has the guardian simply been given up by the majority of players for being pretty useless in everything, because all other classes can do it better. Guardians have been neglected by the developers to a point, where your team is weakened, if you take one with you. Yeah, bunker guardians are great, but, only if his opponents don’t know how to chain interrupt him and finish him off in something under 3 seconds. The offensive guardian needs to be extremely well timed while playing and quickly loses a fight, if he makes a single mistake or gets interrupted. And if a guardian has to run, it happens now and then, he can’t go invisible, poop grenades, illusions, turrets, marks, traps, … he has to “sit in his silly staff-speed-buff” for 4 seconds, if it is to last a while. the guardians spirit weapons are close to useless, because skilling for them makes the overall build silly at best. perhaps, if the spirit weapons allowed for the same kind of healing mechanics as the meditations, the’d be viable again. guardians are also clearly lacking in mobility while also not being able to go into any invisibilty (god) mode.

if guardians are to be played as “first in and last out” they clearly need to be rebalanced and improved.

cheers.

I too feel that Guardian is not fine as it is right now. When Cele Ele/War get brought down as pointholders, the Guardian (and Ranger) will be able to compete for their job again.

I think bunker Guardian is a good balancing point. Guardian has always been closely monitored as to not out-perform on the bunker aspect. When their normally huge teamfight utility is negligible due to certain playstyles & comps, I think it’s a good indicator that the roles are out of whack.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

coglin.1867

5,286 to be exact. Prove me wrong………..(see, I can make unfounded claims as easy as you can when you claim to speak for every high level engineer)

Why “it is in meta build and the most used skill in serious play” not a proper justification of it been Superior then other skills.
Im simply comparing it to Scorpion wire, which is what you were doing, not justifing why it should be nerfed.
“We should not nerf this because another skill of another class does the same and it’s not op on that class so we should not touch this either” is only dumb.

I never compared the skills. I made a functionality comparison. No skill cast can be seen from stealth. If you want one cast animation to be visible from stealth, make them all that way. Do not pick and chose them.

The hypocrisy there is that you play thief and warrior, yet you want other professions blast for stacking might nerfed and ignore warriors ability to blast and stack might. As well you want thieves ability to hide cast animations with stealth ignored but demand it of other professions.

As to dhuum fire. Good luck with that.

I don’t speak for them, they speak and i listen. and it is only logical to think that way.

How cute. You actually think it is logical to claim you represent an entire section of the community, and have the authority to speak for them. By the way, how long have you been playing an engineer in high level PvP? I am not even sure you can speak for yourself as a high level engineer, much less the actual ones.

Yes, I already specified I am in agreeance if we are refering to the actual cast animation themselves. Please, try to keep up.

you missed the part where he said “they are not reasonable” without a single argument.

I offered as many arguments of reason as you or the OP did. Both of you simply said “remove one of them” not specifying which one or why it over another.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

After OP’s nerfs: 3 Shout Warriors per team

That’s absolute bullkitten. The moment cele eles and engies are tuned down (which doesn’t mean getting erased from the meta), it’s the moment there will be lots more zerker builds which in turn would focus a shoutbow Warrior and kill said spec in seconds. Shoutbow warriors can’t withstand the pressure of coodinated focus fire at all. I’ve been playing said specs for a while now, and cele Eles and engies are worlds apart from a shoutbow, you can’t honestly compare them. :S

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

So much QQ about virtual changes that are most likely not even gonna happen lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

I’m really really surprised chaith is trying this hard to keep his build completely OP. Like honestly I thought he was smarter than this.
Chaith you realize the only classes that have any problem at all with shoutbows are the d/d eles and engis right? Zerker classes have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER vs them. Literally just cc/burst them to death. The reason you think “theyre op” is because its a kinda (KINDA) counter to your build in SOME situations.

Like holy crap dude.

gerdian

in PvP

Simon.3794

I don’t even know,

Ele and engi are surely going to be nerfed, more then warrior (Lol obviously)
alone with celestial.

Not sure the point of Chaith arguing.

Not to mention, when ele engi are gone, shoutheal would be gone automatically as it is created because of this kitten meta.

and i don’t even know who wouldn’t think gear shield isnt a super skill, it’s the best block with such a short CD i think OE and backpack both would agree on this.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Imo medi guard has gotten a bit power creepy. But the rest yeah I agree… Maybe not a cast time on a rune proc but visual indication and something on the buff bar would be nice.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Yeah idk what your talking about with dark path that skill is extremely easy to dodge basically if u dont fear you almost always miss. DS skills in general are really easy to interrupt or dodge. Cele ele imo is they might need a slight shave in either survivability or DPS.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

General
Runes
1. Nightmare Rune- add animation, cast time, and buff icon for the passive fear. Reduce the fear duration.

Elementalist
5. Tone Down the burning duration from Dragon Breath (or increase the skill cool-down)

Engineer
1. Add cast time and animation to Over-Charged Shot. Reduce the Knock-back range and duration. Reduce punishment for Engineer itself.

Necromancer

Mesmer

Warrior
1. Fix Warhorn Skills after-cast canceling. (Although the skill itself shouldn’t have any after-cast, might be a bug or intended)

Ranger, Thief, Guardian
In a good spot.

Thief is in a good spot but necro is OP.

mmmm…kay. That is why every team runs a thief and there is basically 1 or 2 teams max who run necros. Cos it is so OP right?

The facts disprove you.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

In a good spot.

And then on Engies

Oh dear I have thought about that, so I made such suggestions.
Re-balance the Healing Power scale with Water Attunement Heals.
So power ele/berserker ele won’t get any impact from this balance change.
Support ele must have to run full cleric to be effective like it supposed to be.

Re-balance the Skill base damage on Pry Bar, Throw Wrench.
This one might be my typo, should be re-balance the Power scale with Pry Bar, Throw Wrench. So in this way power engi/berserker engi can still hits hard while Celestial Engi can’t reli pull out any burst damang like berserker engi.

(edited by Anastasis.7258)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Support ele must have to run full cleric to be effective like it supposed to be.

This one might be my typo, should be re-balance the Power scale with Pry Bar, Throw Wrench. So in this way power engi/berserker engi can still hits hard while Celestial Engi can’t reli pull out any burst damang like berserker engi.

You have a fair point in saying that reducing healing skill coefficients won’t hurt Zerker Ele.

When you say that it’s a good thing that Ele will have to go clerics to be support like it’s supposed to do, if healing coefficients are less, than building your character for healing means you get hit the hardest. It just throws mediocre playstyles under the bus even more, in order to balance the current meta. There are better ways..

Also, Zerker Engi builds run with about the same power as Celestial Engi builds (battle sigil, and/or 6 points in Explosives fills the gap), so reducing power scaling unfortunately doesn’t hit Celestial Harder than Berserker. It’s the same nerf to berserker builds, it’s not targeting Cele.

Listening to the Bird of Fire and removing Cele amulet would be a smarter fix than messing with the scaling coefficients in the way you are.

Flame Shield on for the tired argument that I’m against nerfing Ele/Engi. I’m not. I’m just against bad changes that target non-Cele builds as hard, or harder than Cele builds.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

General
Runes

Elementalist

Engineer

Necromancer

Mesmer

Warrior

Ranger, Thief, Guardian
In a good spot.

Thief is in a good spot but necro is OP.

mmmm…kay. That is why every team runs a thief and there is basically 1 or 2 teams max who run necros. Cos it is so OP right?

The facts disprove you.

Cause, you know, class representation is a clear indication of balance, especially to the degree you’re saying it is at.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

If they Nerf CeleEle and CeleEngi, they have to nerf CeleWar. Sorry but CeleWar will become king of the backpoint to point they will never lose a 1v1 ever. Would almost become requirement for every single team to run a CeleWar as your backpoint or your going to lose. Only way I can see CeleWar being shaved isn’t to there build but to Sigil’s. They are bloody strong and make half the builds these days which is so stupid.

Also if they nerf the current meta and burst comes back into play. They need to take a look at burst builds. Thief is the King of Burst, no matters how you look at it every single burst class all complains about thieves farming them. The main problem being S/D and evade spamming you never hear many complain about other thief builds it’s always S/D and there evades.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

good list, i think it’s safe to say most of the nerfs you suggested are necessary at this point or at least address points of imbalance in these professions and their respective meta builds.

only disagreements/further additions:

• engineer’s rifle power coefficients should be left the same. rifle has always been power oriented and by nerfing this you’re also nerfing what little viability power engineers have. if overcharged shot gets a pin-down/point blank shot styled cast time and broadcast, rifle will be perfectly fine.
    (though i do agree pry bar and throw wrench do too much power damage and should be toned down, especially pry bar)
  • hoelbrak shouldn’t be touched, this would effect other professions that might want to use it like s/d thief or shatter mesmer (also it’s an indirect buff to conditions). the real answer is nerfing battle sigils to 2 stacks per swap, it’s a much more surgical nerf to elementalist/engineer/warrior’s might stacking ability specifically since they use it far more than any other professions.
  • magnet pull should be left as is, engineers using your standard celestial build only have one access to stealth and it’s on a 60 second cooldown. nerfing pry bars power coefficient to 480-ish would nerf how strong the pull + pry bar combo is without touching the effectiveness of magnet pull seeing as it’s balanced on its own.
  • we also need to give updraft a decent broadcast and cast time giving it counterplay (as suggested with overcharged shot), so do that but reduce it’s cooldown to 30 seconds.
  • put incendiary powder on a 25 second cooldown or make IP work similar to sigil of doom/leeching: “every 10 seconds while in combat, your first attack made while the icon is active applies 5 seconds of burn.” (and just like doom/leeching the attack can be dodged/blinded/blocked/invuln’d)

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Posted by: BlazinFyre.2410

BlazinFyre.2410

In a good spot.

And then on Engies

Fresh Air ele meta build uses heal on water swap, nerfing will affect its sustain which wouldnt be that good :/

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

cheers.

You’re beating a dead horse, most of the time I don’t even bother anymore because I sound like a broken record. The devs clearly have their minds made up about Guard and everything is fine!

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Anastasis.7258

You have a fair point in saying that reducing healing skill coefficients won’t hurt Zerker Ele.

When you say that it’s a good thing that Ele will have to go clerics to be support like it’s supposed to do, if healing coefficients are less, than building your character for healing means you get hit the hardest. It just throws mediocre playstyles under the bus even more, in order to balance the current meta. There are better ways..

Also, Zerker Engi builds run with about the same power as Celestial Engi builds (battle sigil, and/or 6 points in Explosives fills the gap), so reducing power scaling unfortunately doesn’t hit Celestial Harder than Berserker. It’s the same nerf to berserker builds, it’s not targeting Cele.

Listening to the Bird of Fire and removing Cele amulet would be a smarter fix than messing with the scaling coefficients in the way you are.

Flame Shield on for the tired argument that I’m against nerfing Ele/Engi. I’m not. I’m just against bad changes that target non-Cele builds as hard, or harder than Cele builds.

I remember you were one of the guy complaining about Staff Cleric Ele was braindead tanky when Chubbs was playing it. Re-balance the healing power scale will definitely fix the brain dead tankyness of staff ele, and can still be effective on supporting the team if played well.

Zerker Engi’s power stats pretty much same as celestial, are we playing the same game? If re-balance power stats on your class happened, which will balance the damage on celestial engi and you also still have decent burst if you decided to go berserker engi.

Here is what you will have:
Condi engi still hits like a truck, but easy to die.

Celestial engi still have decent damage, but not as crazy as now but still hard to kill.

DD ele will not have 25 stacks mights anymore and no more 10 sec+ burnings and not tankier than bunker guardian.

Staff Ele doesn’t do a lot damage, relys on personal skills to survive well and still supporting teammate well if you go full Cleric.

Fresh Air Ele will be probably the strongest ele build in this game if you played really well. relys heavily on personal skills, doesn’t get any affect from these balance.

Shatter Mesmer more opportunities to 1v1 DD eles, Cele engis because they are more balanced, in result more mesmers will join the meta.

Celestial Warrior will not be effective as now because Celestial nerfed + bug fixed, and Celestial amulet itself isn’t too hot for warriors because healing power for us is a waste. Plus when those braindead meta engi ele build is balanced, there will be a lot more bursty comp coming up, which straight counter to Shoutbow Warriors.

D/P, S/D Thief will be more viable in the meta, as always.

Dps guardian will have a chance to join the meta because all the op builds are balanced, might have chance to counter thief a bit.

Bunker guardian will come back to the meta because there are no more Op builds that can take the role from bunker guardian.

Its your decision if you think Bird of Fire’s suggestion is better. I don’t really care but you don’t have to be mad right here. I just listed everything that might happen if these things happened to the PvP scene.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Zerker Engi’s power stats pretty much same as celestial, are we playing the same game? If re-balance power stats on your class happened, which will balance the damage on celestial engi and you also still have decent burst if you decided to go berserker engi.

I’m not sayin’ you’re wrong but..

Static Discharge:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpmq1XxkLseRCdBNypEGQ3gFUBRtwPFAA-TJBFwACuAA12foaZAAPAAA

2133 Power

Cele Rifle with 10 Might Stacks:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpEr1XxkLseNCbBNyxEHRuxq85IEgkC-TJBHwAAuAAGeAAl2fAZZAA

2189 Power.

Nerfing power coefficients = equally affecting Berserker and Cele builds, you gotta look beyond the amulet for a second.

My only point that you don’t really understand the full implications of what you’re suggesting. Any Engi who plays static discharge will be like: “Anet WTF, I already sucked, thanks.” I don’t think they’d be like, “o well at least I can still do a decent burst,” like you say. Lmao.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with most of your changes and end-game. But I think you should go back to the drawing boards on coefficient rebalancing

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Anastasis.7258

Static Discharge:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAEIhugG5UCDobwCqgoW4nCAA-TJBFwACuAA12foaZAAPAAA

2133 Power

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAEGhtgG5YijI3YV+cECQSB-TJBHwAAuAAGeAAl2fAZZAA

2189 Power.

Nerfing power coefficients = equally affecting Berserker and Cele builds, you gotta look beyond the amulet for a second.

My only point that you don’t really understand the full implications of what you’re suggesting. Any Engi who plays static discharge will be like: “Anet WTF, I already sucked, thanks.” I don’t think they’d be like, “o well at least I can still do a decent burst,” like you say. Lmao.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with most of your changes and end-game. But I think you should go back to the drawing boards on coefficient rebalancing

If you read then you should know I did not put any numbers on the suggestions. And also I don’t think it’s right to balance the game according to the none-meta builds. If I was like you then I wouldn’t suggest the adrenaline nerf in the past because all other warrior builds suck balls, especially rifle killshot. If you really want to talk about none-meta build, then I have way more options to discuss here with you. But yea maybe you are right and maybe I’m wrong, but most likely I believe those suggestions will have more positive impacts than negative impacts. Nothing will be perfect.

(edited by Anastasis.7258)

in PvP

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Why not attack the source of the problem?

We could nerf the might stacks.
Like for example, reducing the amount of power-per-stack on SPvP or reducing the max amount of stacks to 15 or so.

/raises Shield

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Static Discharge:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAEIhugG5UCDobwCqgoW4nCAA-TJBFwACuAA12foaZAAPAAA

2133 Power

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAEGhtgG5YijI3YV+cECQSB-TJBHwAAuAAGeAAl2fAZZAA

2189 Power.

If you read then you should know I did not put any numbers on the suggestions. And also I don’t think it’s right to balance the game according to the none-meta builds. If I was like you then I wouldn’t suggest the adrenaline nerf in the past because all other warrior builds suck balls, especially rifle killshot. If you really want to talk about none-meta build, then I have way more options to discuss here with you. But yea maybe you are right and maybe I’m wrong, but most likely I believe those suggestions will have more positive impacts than negative impacts. Nothing will be perfect.

Except the way adrenaline worked before was stupid. The way pry bar works right now isn’t stupid. Cele stats are stupid, and that’s the point. Just nerf what is obviously the problem and work you way down. Nerfing Pry bar is too much.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

ITT: homers and people who don’t know what nerfing other classes means to the game as a whole.

Everything that isn’t ele, engy, warrior (and possibly thief but to a much lesser extent) is fine. The only reason everything else isn’t used is because they are outclassed, that doesn’t mean they are bad.

Please if you take away anything from anything, changes on some things will affect other things. It sounds like common sense but anyone arguing Mesmer is weak is just silly. Weaker than thief? perhaps. Weak? Hell no, a decent Mesmer will absolutely wreck face.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in PvP

Wilco.1458

Also reducing healing scaling on shouts will help guardians be viable. Doing anything to engineer (I will argue remove or remake the class completely because I hate the design) will make anything else viable. Elementalists should have blast on water 3 removed and possibly reduced burning duration. Make those changes and something about might stacking and it’s like a whole new meta!

(edited by Wilco.1458)

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

If they Nerf CeleEle and CeleEngi, they have to nerf CeleWar. Sorry but CeleWar will become king of the backpoint to point they will never lose a 1v1 ever. Would almost become requirement for every single team to run a CeleWar as your backpoint or your going to lose. Only way I can see CeleWar being shaved isn’t to there build but to Sigil’s. They are bloody strong and make half the builds these days which is so stupid.

Also if they nerf the current meta and burst comes back into play. They need to take a look at burst builds. Thief is the King of Burst, no matters how you look at it every single burst class all complains about thieves farming them. The main problem being S/D and evade spamming you never hear many complain about other thief builds it’s always S/D and there evades.

I completely agree with this. If these changes go through s/d thief will need a nerf (Well, acro would need a nerf). As Sol said, thief is literally the king of zerker and hardcounters every zerker class except med guard. I also agree that shout war/sigils would need a nerf, its simply too easy to play for how useful it is.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

in PvP

Simon.3794

Doesn’t matter, “it will hurt lesser builds” is not a reason to not balancing OP builds.

Because it will always hurt lesser builds. theres not a single nerf that does not affect lesser builds, because there are just so many builds.

also, they can always buff the build by working around it, like buffing SD damage or what not.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Doesn’t matter, “it will hurt lesser builds” is not a reason to not balancing OP builds.

Because it will always hurt lesser builds. theres not a single nerf that does not affect lesser builds, because there are just so many builds.

also, they can always buff the build up right back, like buffing SD damage or what not.

Option B, solely targeting on swap sigils, blast finishers, celestial stats and staying the hell away from Ele heal scaling, Engi damage scaling. They’ve been balanced for years. What’s not balanced are the things in common with Cele builds.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Bitty.1409

Bitty.1409

For those worried about fresh air getting hit from potential D/D ele nerfs that probably won’t be the case as long as they stick to nerfing the right things. The attuned to water nerf Tarcis was talking about wouldn’t hurt us because he’s referring to changing the scale on it, Aka making it less beneficial to take healing power; the base will still be the same. Also you gotta keep in mind Cele D/D is Fresh airs hard counter.. so if anything this is would make them more viable. I would also personally love to not be pigeon holed into putting points into water, with these nerfs maybe they could raise the base HP of eles to give them other options? Half of the reason eles are forced to go into water is for the added HP along with the sustain of course. Without going into water I believe I have like 12-13k HP? That’s rediculously low for a Light Armor class.

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

(edited by Bitty.1409)

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Another thread with good ideas about balance, wonder how hard the community has to try to get this done in this game.

Attachments:

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Fire+Air must also share CDs.

in PvP

Wilco.1458

For those worried about fresh air getting hit from potential D/D ele nerfs that probably won’t be the case as long as they stick to nerfing the right things. The attuned to water nerf Tarcis was talking about wouldn’t hurt us because he’s referring to changing the scale on it, Aka making it less beneficial to take healing power; the base will still be the same. Also you gotta keep in mind Cele D/D is Fresh airs hard counter.. so if anything this is would make them more viable. I would also personally love to not be pigeon holed into putting points into water, with these nerfs maybe they could raise the base HP of eles to give them other options? Half of the reason eles are forced to go into water is for the added HP along with the sustain of course. Without going into water I believe I have like 12-13k HP? That’s rediculously low for a Light Armor class.

The HP is almost irrelevant because of the amount of healing. You go into water because that’s 70% of your sustain (the remaining 30% from EA) and condition clears. You still have 15k health with a decent amount of toughness.. The only thing depending on HP (with sustain) is how fast you get bursted.

in PvP

Posted by: Bitty.1409

Bitty.1409

Yes, that’s the case with celestial, but every other build that is not the case.

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

All this could be solve through reintroducing the corruption necro and the class in general into the meta I sense favoritism in this thread. Nerf usually doesn’t come with buffs and still leave the supposed counters underwhelming. I find engi stronger than ele and less predictable but it’s not a celestial thing it’s a counter thing they are lacking.

Changing this meta will result in an other one and the cycle. Why dumb it down just make the tool useful and we will use them ,create more viable specs with existing counters and the game will improve. The conquest style encourages melee spec that will intake AoE and that is not a good thing if you are using zerker amulet which nost people in this thread do. The game mode matters as well, the game is choking on it self but it will eventually work out but as long as you are focused on amulet,risk/reward,conquest and not getting out of your comfort zone it will take a while(years) to achieve.

Years… GW2 can but not with the current mindset and I do feel like the PvP team is lacking….years…. I would be maining another game by then.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Remove the knockback from Rocket turret, so turret engis will not chain CC people.

Replace automated response for engis with something useful vs conditions. Not back to the old overpowered trait but now this grandmaster trait is useless. Maybe something like: immune to conditions while in CC (fear for example. So we do not die instant if a necro comes) or immune to condition transfer.

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Sound like you want the d/d eles to reroll shout warrior Kappa

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: Wintersnight.3061

Wintersnight.3061

5,286 to be exact. Prove me wrong………..(see, I can make unfounded claims as easy as you can when you claim to speak for every high level engineer)

I never compared the skills. I made a functionality comparison. No skill cast can be seen from stealth. If you want one cast animation to be visible from stealth, make them all that way. Do not pick and chose them.

The hypocrisy there is that you play thief and warrior, yet you want other professions blast for stacking might nerfed and ignore warriors ability to blast and stack might. As well you want thieves ability to hide cast animations with stealth ignored but demand it of other professions.

As to dhuum fire. Good luck with that.

How cute. You actually think it is logical to claim you represent an entire section of the community, and have the authority to speak for them. By the way, how long have you been playing an engineer in high level PvP? I am not even sure you can speak for yourself as a high level engineer, much less the actual ones.

Yes, I already specified I am in agreeance if we are refering to the actual cast animation themselves. Please, try to keep up.

I offered as many arguments of reason as you or the OP did. Both of you simply said “remove one of them” not specifying which one or why it over another.

With respect, what is your in-game name. I could not fine you in leaderboard current or history. I am still newer to this game and am still trying to learn different aspects of the pvp community. I have seen the OP play at the highest level and know that if he writes something in the forums I should consider it seriously (whether or not I buy it after that is different). I have seen Five Gauge play, and I trust his opinion too. You have some very passionate arguments and am trying to understand where you are basing your knowledge from…mid-tier play, high-level play, Hotjoin, Unranked?

Thanks for your time.

Cindy Lou Who, Retired Ranger
Quinn Wintersnight, Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’m glad OP isn’t a developer. This list is just silly. Adding a UI element doesn’t get rid of passive play. No nerfs to Sigil of Battle or other overpowered sigils.

Sigil of battle isn’t overpowered.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld