This is why your warrior isn't good. Part 1.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I love when warriors compare themselves to ele heals, as if that were baseline for all eles and not the effect of evasive arcana and water line traits.

When eles can spec heavy into fire and air like you guys spec into your crit and power lines and have an ability that when landed is a guaranteed KO, then you can get back to us. Because no ability in-game does 30k damage to a standing target like 100b can.

If your 100b were to be made reliable to land, then Whirlwind and it need some good nerfing alongside mainhand axe damage. Because the fact is your damage is ridiculous on a target that is immobilized.

Oh, and in PvE you are actually the god class of speed runs. So it’s definitely nowhere near the situation of the ranger and engineer classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

yep everyone in this thread compares how fragile is their glass canon specs with how tanky the 30 water arcane eles are..while they should be complaining about how inefective their defencive builds are atm.
But really the 100 blades warrior build with zerkers IS supposed to have less survivability than a valkyries 30 in water d/d ele and after the patch that will still be the case or lets throw balance completely out of the window cause of some forum posts.
(Btw im not saying warrior is in a good place and dont need buffs ..in case you failed to realise and getting ready to jump on me :P )

(edited by Avead.5760)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

They need definetly something in condition remove (as thieves have). Not a really a healing boost.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Warrior due to it’s simplistic mechanics is quite a hard mode to play reliably, but we’re still pretty decent roamers/bursters/rez deniers. If we would get buffed, I’m expecting an uproar of complaints, since all the good players who’ve basically handicapped themselves start roflstomping people even harder.

I’ve tried playing with different things a bit to minimize warrior weaknesses for tourna play. It’s the usual 100b spec of course, but this is what I’ve come up with so far and it’s what I’m playing:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR8ejgOxu1QuOMRCAjCjA6ogKmUKmruUBxA;TsAg0CnoKyUkoIbRuikFtGZYxGEA

Due to the changes to ele downstate you can immo and fill them with bleeds before they jump into mistform in downstate and prevent them from escaping back to their teammates. Flurry/bolas to non-frenzy 100b and especially when rage procs on sword MH is wonderful, because it gives you an extra quickness. Main burst should be saved after you’ve exhausted your opponent. Slow removal on heal seems to be vital against necros/condi stackers, same with lyssa runes which can be popped after you get peeled/focused. I’m still testing if increased speed from discipline trait is enough to avoid using elite for swiftness. Seems ok so far thanks to gs 3&5 and sword leap. Weakpoints are ofc no stabilitystomp against guards and you have to rely on shield and dodging to avoid burst openers from thieves and mesmers. Strongpoints are the over 9000 immos you get from immo on cripple/bolas, they seem to work really well against highly evasive profs like eles and messing up their rhythm and removing their comfort zone. This spec has less burst than axe+shield/ogre or scholar and less hard CC than mace+shield, but the added mobility and with that the survivability makes up for it. Would like it if more players give it a try and comment how viable they found it.

in PvP

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

I think that if they reduce the cooldown on some key-skills, would solve some of the many problems, that the warrior at the moment has.

For example. I am running since beta an Axe/shield warrior. As a sec weapon i prefer a Hammer for CC. Even though i am not specced for it.

30 – V,X,XI – Berserkers Power, Axe mastery, Physical training

10 – V – Rending Strikes

20 – I, IX – Embrace the Pain , Shield Master

10 – VI – Signet Mastery

As you can see i have traited 30 Points on Strength, just to get “Physical Training”. By doing this i achieve two things.
The first and most important is the reduced cooldown. So instead of 40 sec on Bull´s charge i have 32 sec. The second is the 100% more damage, on physical skills.

Then i have 20 on defence, just to get the reduction cooldown on my shield. So now shieldbash is on 20 sec cooldown instead of 25 sec.
Shieldstance is on 24 secs cooldown instead of 30. The other is the 90 toughness that comes with it.

So far, i have spend 50 trait points just to have a reduction of my key skills. Thus leaving me 20 trait points to use.
From those 20 points that i have, i have to make a choice how do i spend them wisely. Since i am using “Heal-signet” and “Signet of rage”, it makes sense to spend 10 points to get “Signet mastery”, because of the reduced cooldown. That is 16 sec on healing signet and 48 sec on rage signet.

And the rest 10 points just to cause “Vulnerbility” on my targets.

To put it simply, i have spend 60 trait points just to achieve reduced cooldown on my key skills. Even though i have reduced cooldown, still feels like a long time when fighting. If there wasn´t such cooldowns without traits, then i would have spend my points on other usefull traits to cope with the conditions, that without help from my team surely i will die.

These days the frontline consists of Eles,Thiefs and Guardians. Midline is for Engineers, mesmers and Rangers. Backline, is for warriors. If that is called balanced well……

So to answer the OP, the warrior does not suck, just feels for the lack of better words just “blah”.

Regards

Seed

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Seed you just get conditioned out. You have no real dmg, just knocks. So blinds and stability will just kick you. You have no real heal (3.5k is nothing). You have actually no movement (only bulls). Hard to exit a combat.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

1, Rework the tactics minor traits to include some passive condi removal
2, Increase how all the heals scale with health

Profit.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

Surprised Jonathan haven’t replied yet with something like; “We know the warrior class is broken and will be our first priority when coming to classbalancing.”

Xifix | Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Nergrom.7592

Nergrom.7592

Our heals are really too low. Other classes seem to need to heal once and their back to almost full. Yes, we have a higher base health, but in pvp that doesn’t do much, seeing as it’s a buffer and not a sustainable defense (A buffer easily burned through, mind you).

Mobility needs some love. The gapclosers we have are okay, if a bit buggy at times. What I mean here is the slowing conditions. They need to be easier to remove for a warrior, or they shouldn’t affect our mobility skills in the first place.

Minor traits need a rework. The toughness while reviving and the revive speed trait could be worked into 1, thickness is useless because we’re only ever at above 90% health in a serious fight once.

in PvP

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

Seed you just get conditioned out. You have no real dmg, just knocks. So blinds and stability will just kick you. You have no real heal (3.5k is nothing).

Yes. I am pretty vulnerable with conditions, which is why i am using the Lyssa runes, on my armor. I have found that since i am using “Signet-Rage”( traited with reduced cooldown on signet) with lyssa, pretty much removes all the conditions. Sure i can use mending as heal skill or to add the “Signet of Stamina” which would remove my conditions when i activate the signet. Also, i like the passive effect from the “Heal Signet”.

You have actually no movement (only bulls). Hard to exit a combat.

I am not using “bulls” for movement. I am using “Bulls” for the 2 sec knockdown+the 100% more damage due to “physical training” trait. Make no mistake, by using “bulls”, traited on “Physical”, is quite good. As for the combat, i am playing in a team mostly so i am good at that. Granted If i am alone, and in combat, is very difficult to exit. But if those key skills had reduced cooldown(without the need to spend 60 trait points to achieve the reduced cooldown) would have been no problem at all, since i could have traited other traits, that would help me deal with the problems.

Regards

Seed

PS: Here is my build in full, for PvP and PvPvE. If you can have some suggestions feel free to send me a PM.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNAneSjkO1wxQyOMRCAkiquy8oogI6UgKVB7A;TIBg0ynEOJdS9kyJqiMFJKyWkrIZRLEGjcAZnwLgJCA

(edited by Seed.5467)

in PvP

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

As a necromancer, I do feel warriors are in need of some buffs/changes. You’d think that the profession with the most weapons available to it would be able to be competitive with more than one. Even though in the middle of a team fight they can be deadly, they are by far the easiest profession to deal with at the moment.

I believe a step in the right direction would be to tone down the greatsword’s output and buff/change other weapons in a way that would allow warrior players to trait into different roles rather than the one hundred blades spec that everyone is running. I’d love to see bunkery warriors, or banner support warriors, mostly for the sake of the versatility of the class and variability of team setups. While their general survivability should be improved, I feel that simple things such as buffing and allowing them to use their ranged weapons effectively would help.

Then again, I believe that warrior players usually go for the greatsword/high spike damage build because either it is a cool weapon or because everyone else is running it, which helps achieve what we see today as well. But, for the most part, I do agree that warriors need changes. Hopefully we’ll see some by the end of this month, not only to warriors, but to the general balance of the game in regards of the current big bunkers/spikers and the ways they have to do so.

Also, with all due respect, I suggest that people stick to real numbers when discussing this kind of issues. Wells don’t do 10k damage, nor does 100b do 30k. It’s just not helpful.

My 2 cents as a non warrior player.

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

(edited by Shalla.3967)

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

yep everyone in this thread compares how fragile is their glass canon specs with how tanky the 30 water arcane eles are..while they should be complaining about how inefective their defencive builds are atm.

Actually this is what I complain about all the time. There’s a reason that every warrior eventually settles back to the kitten greatsword and herrderr blades spec. Personally I want to be tanky like an ele. I’d LIKE to run hammer and say sword/shield or warhorn. I’d LIKE to run with shout healing perhaps. Problem is that it sucks. The heals scale badly. The condi removal is still crap unless you dump every utility to clear a condi spike.

The shouts themselves are lackluster when compared to say the cantrips. Cleansing fire damages enemies, stun breaks, and clears 3 conditions (along with vigor when traited). Shake it off clears 1 condition, stun breaks, that’s it. FGJ is a buff, that warriors just run on cooldown without tactical thought.

Banners would be cool too except they’re clunky and stupid. If they were like an engi kit though… Really they just need work.

Self sustainability is so kitten poor on warriors that it gimps the ability to really have a variety of specs. We can play around with stuff, but at the end of the day the only thing warriors have going for them which isn’t kitten by design is the damage and so it’s back to some kind of herrderr blades variation. Mace/gs, sword/gs, axe/gs, hammer/gs even lb/gs. Whatever we can synergize with setting up that HB.

And it’s lame.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Kellhus.8071

Kellhus.8071

The summed up issue with warriors is how dang one dimensional they are:

- When a warrior is glass cannon they can put out damage, but they are not hard for any class to kill and have very limited defensive and escape abilities.

- When a warrior is built to bunker, they put out zero pressure in terms of damage (and they don’t bunker particularly well due to issues all their own).

It just comes down to a very simply premise: if you’re not going to provide warriors with the ability to disengage from fights, then they need to take a hit (either directly, or via better mitigation abilities) better than classes who do have that ability.

Personally I think the issues start there. If I spec gs/evis/rifle for dps I should have slightly more survivability since I cannot disengage a fight. If I spec into 1h/shield and bunker, I should have far more survivability since I have neither good mobility nor the ability to disengage a fight.

in PvP

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

Warrior needs more viable playstle than just 100b rush.

Imo We can start by reducing the damage they do with 100b ( or longer cd ) and buff the survivability of gs/som builds. (give debuff removers)

This way we get less cheese warrior and more people willing to try other builds. And then we can buff other warrior builds from there so people actually have a choice with warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Imo We can start by reducing the damage they do with 100b ( or longer cd ) and buff the survivability of gs/som builds. (give debuff removers)

This way we get less cheese warrior and more people willing to try other builds. And then we can buff other warrior builds from there so people actually have a choice with warriors.

Your solution to what is probably the worst (debatable warrior vs engy) class in the game is to nerf it?

Other builds need a buff, the only concern is that in buffing other weapons/builds they dont somehow allow for a combo w the existing 100b spec to become OP.

in PvP

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

Your solution to what is probably the worst (debatable warrior vs engy) class in the game is to nerf it?

Other builds need a buff, the only concern is that in buffing other weapons/builds they dont somehow allow for a combo w the existing 100b spec to become OP.

If 100b doesn’t get nerfed – no matter how slightly – even if you do buff other builds ( unless to the same calibre as 100b build where you still get a decent burst while becoming more survivable.) people will be more inclined to play 100b build (newb at least). Why press several buttons to kill someone when you can press 3?

Plus, you said it yourself.

“in buffing other weapons/builds they dont somehow allow for a combo w the existing 100b spec to become OP. "

So how do we do that? Easiest way out. nerf 100 b.

I really don’t see what’s so bad about it o,o

PS. I thought you want other builds buff because you only got 100b to play with? if you’re so sick of 100b why do you go into defensive mode when people ask for 100b nerf, especially when you’re getting what you want : that is buff to other warrior builds? Something ain’t right here….

(edited by showatt.9413)

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

As a Warrior player who has played over 2000 tournament matches on Warrior, I would be 100% OK with a tone-down on Hundred Blades and a buff to our healing, mobility (ways to reliably and consistently cleanse cripples and chills) and more viable weapons and build creativity.

ArenaNet wants Warriors to be susceptible to condition damage? Fine. Pile on the bleeds, poisons, and burns. Do it. But give Warriors ways to remove slows (cripples, chills). The fact that Warriors’ mobility skill ranges get cut in half when slowed is the main problem. Warriors need their full range of movement to gap-close and disengage. One slow cuts down the Warrior’s overall effectiveness by at least 50%. That is bad design.

Change Mobile Strikes trait to: movement skills break immobilize, cripple, and chill. Done deal.

Change Healing Signet to a heal over time as its active effect. Remove the regeneration passive and make it cleanse a slow every 10 seconds passively (similar to Guardian’s healing signet, but only applies to slows). Change the active skill to a strong heal over time, similar to Troll Unguent.

That’s it. With those changes, Warriors are one step closer to being viable.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Gw2 doesnt have a warrior class. Someone might have accidnelty gave that name to us. Besides from being a 1 trick pony frenzy HB, 1 trick pony rifle KS build, Axe/shield 1 trick pony Evi build. Rest of the weapons are aweful. Hammer is slow as kitten and does little dmg and can be easily avoided. Mace is weak there are no real words i mean its single target CC with like barley any real dmg? lolwut? Then we got these swords to give some wars a glimmer of hope that we too have bleed builds.. until they make a full set and do S/S and see it does nothing at all. Swords are so crappy i dont know where to begin… Its dps is terrible and bleeds are at snail speed. Rifle has a random bleed on it and the only usable skill is KS and even when you use that its like ‘’OK EVERYONE IMA KNEEL AND POINT AT YOU… dont move or anything’’ Volley is easily dodged and made useless. Bow… well most of us wars get togeather and make fun of the longbow as it does little to nothing besides 1 area denial and a slow as kitten semi hard hitting 3 skill. 2 skill on bow is barley good melee range and 4/5 are utility.

Then we got horn which is never to be used in combat as it offers nothing really unless you spend 20 to go into vit so you can get its trait that will pwn your dps.

GS the overrated weapon with a useless burst that you wont see anyone use unless they noobin or goofin. Axe off hand is a messed up joke. Mace off hand aint bad.

If anyone thinks they dont suck are obiviously high. I mean we gotta go out of our way for a kill where other person is like… mhhhmm 1 oh oh hes movin let me insta kill him and then the 5 others by him.

Where as a war i like: 5 ppl this should challenge my skills..Pow got 1 guy down yeah! yeah! ah man wasted all my utility trying to stomp him…“runs” and suddenly on the ground like, ‘’Almost got em bullocks!’’

One single mishappen as a war and you will be laying on the ground wishing you hadnt missed that hit where as your enemy probably messed his/her combo like 5 times and still keep doin it to you.

I have 1.4k hours of gameplay on warrior so said above is all of experience.

If they want to improve stuff i ask they remove the silly bleed off the rifle auto and increase the dmg a bit and do something with 2 and 4.

For swords either faster bleeds or give it more dps as of now its stuck in the mid of dps and bleed and sucks at both.

Bow 2/4/5 could use a bit of dmg increase.
Hammer could have the 2/4/5 skills sped up a tiny bit.
Mace could use a dmg increase overall.
GS burst needs to be usefull remove this crappy fury giving no dmg slow as hell move and replace with somethin that would fit its theme.
Axe off hand: axe 4 needs a dif animation and a bit faster and more dmg i think it does less dmg then part 1 of auto not sure tho havent used em for a long while since axe off hand is horrible. Axe 5 could use a dmg booster as it does less dmg then auto as everyone knows and sure its an aoe and axe auto hits 3 ppl at once leaving axe 5 useless.

(edited by Mosharn.8357)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s easy to say other weapons don’t do any damage when the rest of yours do absurd amounts of damage relative to everybody else.

in PvP

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

No, just no.

Warriors are fine. Only thing is buffing shake it off to 3 condi removed. Besides that they got tons of decent builds.

This is a pvp section.

Yeah, it is. Go cry in the warrior section if you want to.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in PvP

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

No, just no.

Warriors are fine. Only thing is buffing shake it off to 3 condi removed. Besides that they got tons of decent builds.

This is a pvp section.

Just saw your original post. Wanted to clear something up. Warriors only got about 3-4 builds rest are useless. GS/axe/shield or axe/mace DPS or hammer/mace/shield or sword/shield tank or KS rifle war.

in PvP

Posted by: Bushido.2184

Bushido.2184

When I picture a Warrior, I see an in-your-face playstyle where you have ARMOR and do sustained damage, a battle of outlasting the other.

But in reality, there is no such viable build, and you play Warrior like a Thief, except without stealth. Go in, burst, run for dear life. This is not a Warrior.

Leet Hacker (War) | Linüx (Necro) | Linúx (Ele)
Quit to play my 2 favorite competitive fps and moba games ported to my favorite OS.

in PvP

Posted by: Psycho.8217

Psycho.8217

Great post!
All the truth about warriors and i feel what you are talking about because my main is warrior too.
Thanks for taking the time to mention those things for the community and the game developers, i hope they will take it into consideration.

Ex-R43 Ranger “P S Y C H Ó”
Current WvW Ele “P S Y C H O O O”

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

Played GW 1 for 6 years. Should i bring up all builds? I’ve been around MANY builds in gw 2. Suggest something viable. Arrange a warrior meet up please. I’m one of the most active warriors in game PvP wise. I’ve talked with all warriors worth talking to. Fredz doesnt play warrior anymore. Do you suggest some american guy who plays with an old meta?

in PvP

Chukree.1756

No, just no.

This is a pvp section.

Yeah. I’ve posted there as well. I’m making a serious post. Go troll your class mates instead.

in PvP

Posted by: Xplosiv.1503

Xplosiv.1503

Played an engineer so i can feel your pain, and i support your cause 100%!

Even though engineer is pretty weak atm, i never had problems dealing with warriors tbh, and that makes it true about their profession. high damage output, but poor survivability makes warriors lucky shooters, that only get to kill something if they focus down the target, before he even realises.

Maybe that was the purpose for Anet when building a warr, but i agree, they do need some love.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyxorcisten.5786

Hyxorcisten.5786

Played GW 1 for 6 years. Should i bring up all builds? I’ve been around MANY builds in gw 2. Suggest something viable. Arrange a warrior meet up please. I’m one of the most active warriors in game PvP wise. I’ve talked with all warriors worth talking to. Fredz doesnt play warrior anymore. Do you suggest some american guy who plays with an old meta?

Fredzw is playing warrior like 99% of his games atm^

Hyxorcisten – Denial eSports [Den]

in PvP

Chukree.1756

I think that if they reduce the cooldown on some key-skills, would solve some of the many problems, that the warrior at the moment has.

For example. I am running since beta an Axe/shield warrior. As a sec weapon i prefer a Hammer for CC. Even though i am not specced for it.

30 – V,X,XI – Berserkers Power, Axe mastery, Physical training

10 – V – Rending Strikes

20 – I, IX – Embrace the Pain , Shield Master

10 – VI – Signet Mastery

As you can see i have traited 30 Points on Strength, just to get “Physical Training”. By doing this i achieve two things.
The first and most important is the reduced cooldown. So instead of 40 sec on Bull´s charge i have 32 sec. The second is the 100% more damage, on physical skills.

Then i have 20 on defence, just to get the reduction cooldown on my shield. So now shieldbash is on 20 sec cooldown instead of 25 sec.
Shieldstance is on 24 secs cooldown instead of 30. The other is the 90 toughness that comes with it.

So far, i have spend 50 trait points just to have a reduction of my key skills. Thus leaving me 20 trait points to use.
From those 20 points that i have, i have to make a choice how do i spend them wisely. Since i am using “Heal-signet” and “Signet of rage”, it makes sense to spend 10 points to get “Signet mastery”, because of the reduced cooldown. That is 16 sec on healing signet and 48 sec on rage signet.

And the rest 10 points just to cause “Vulnerbility” on my targets.

To put it simply, i have spend 60 trait points just to achieve reduced cooldown on my key skills. Even though i have reduced cooldown, still feels like a long time when fighting. If there wasn´t such cooldowns without traits, then i would have spend my points on other usefull traits to cope with the conditions, that without help from my team surely i will die.

These days the frontline consists of Eles,Thiefs and Guardians. Midline is for Engineers, mesmers and Rangers. Backline, is for warriors. If that is called balanced well……

So to answer the OP, the warrior does not suck, just feels for the lack of better words just “blah”.

Regards

Seed

You have a point about cool downs. But you’re mainly on about PvE, where warriors is some of the best of what I’ve heard.

in PvP

Chukree.1756

If 100b doesn’t get nerfed – no matter how slightly – even if you do buff other builds ( unless to the same calibre as 100b build where you still get a decent burst while becoming more survivable.) people will be more inclined to play 100b build (newb at least). Why press several buttons to kill someone when you can press 3?

Plus, you said it yourself.

“in buffing other weapons/builds they dont somehow allow for a combo w the existing 100b spec to become OP. "

So how do we do that? Easiest way out. nerf 100 b.

I really don’t see what’s so bad about it o,o

PS. I thought you want other builds buff because you only got 100b to play with? if you’re so sick of 100b why do you go into defensive mode when people ask for 100b nerf, especially when you’re getting what you want : that is buff to other warrior builds? Something ain’t right here….

100b is 8 blades hitting and you can’t move with it. You only rely on 4 hits max if immobilized or a full if ppl dont have any stunbreakers etc. left… and it only hits 5k max on bunkers. So?

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

the dam generic mage-style class is the best bunker LOL)

I find bunker Eles far from generic, if anything they’re pretty fresh. I always loved tanky mages but every game was attached to the idea of this squishy wizard that can deal a ton of damage and dies in 2 hits.

in PvP

Chukree.1756

Fredzw is playing warrior like 99% of his games atm^

Good to hear!

in PvP

Posted by: ilJumperMT.4871

ilJumperMT.4871

i LIKE how every now and AGAIN you turn your CAPSLOCK on,
it makes it LOOK like you have TOURETTES.

but yeah warriors are’nt even a shadow of the fearsome class they were in GW1
for bunkering this plate wearing class is the worst bunker in the game ,
(the dam generic mage-style class is the best bunker LOL)
for burst there are far better classes,
for pressure there are far better classes,
for mobility there are far better classes,
seriously warrior is the master of nothing, outdone at everything.

Best Bunker? Ele
Best Mobility? Ele
Best Condition Removal? Ele
Best Pressure? Ele
Best AoE Healing? Ele
Best Burst? Thief

At least Ele are not best burst too!

Now you keep comparing to GW1.

I loved GW1, I loved Playing Ranger and Mesmer in GW1, but I HATE these classes now.

Why did they ruin one of the best concepts in game (GW1 Mesmer) for a clone spamming class?

I want my control back. I want my ranger to be interrupter with pressure again. I want to power block people again. Ranger and Mesmer were my favorite classes in GW1, yet in GW2 they are nothing similar to what they where.

Now for comparison. GW1 Mesmer you controlled your enemies. You were a puppet master!

https://sapphocentric.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/puppetmaster1.gif

Now in GW2, Mesmers are a wannabe Naruto!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120227171259/narutofanon/images/1/18/Naruto_shadow_clone.jpg

(edited by ilJumperMT.4871)

in PvP

Chukree.1756

At the moment you can run 5 ELES and beat everyone, warriors can’t even deal dmg to them, and not even close at stomping! – After discussing with people I’ve come the conclusion that, “IF YOU CAN RUN MORE THAN ONE OF THE SAME CLASS IN A GAME E.G. 3 ELES, it’s broken”.

5 Warriors team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsy1wmn1--U&feature=player_embedded

ROFL, yeah @Chukree “IF YOU CAN RUN MORE THAN ONE OF THE SAME CLASS IN A GAME E.G. 3 WARRIORS, it’s broken"…well said my friend

P.S Just another video showing how warriors are UP and useless in PvP, “3 of the same class in a game it’s broekn”…can’t stop laughing…even the developers must be laughing after reading this thread

I dont know what your point is? This is a complete kitten video with kitten warriors against a kitten team. Try let the 5 warriors fight a decent paid team.. You’re so pve’ish. vid of pugs fighting some lamers. You really know stuff about this game.

in PvP

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

At the moment you can run 5 ELES and beat everyone, warriors can’t even deal dmg to them, and not even close at stomping! – After discussing with people I’ve come the conclusion that, “IF YOU CAN RUN MORE THAN ONE OF THE SAME CLASS IN A GAME E.G. 3 ELES, it’s broken”.

5 Warriors team

ROFL, yeah @Chukree “IF YOU CAN RUN MORE THAN ONE OF THE SAME CLASS IN A GAME E.G. 3 WARRIORS, it’s broken"…well said my friend

P.S Just another video showing how warriors are UP and useless in PvP, “3 of the same class in a game it’s broekn”…can’t stop laughing…even the developers must be laughing after reading this thread

I dont know what your point is? This is a complete kitten video with kitten warriors against a kitten team. Try let the 5 warriors fight a decent paid team.. You’re so pve’ish. vid of pugs fighting some lamers. You really know stuff about this game.

Not to mention, it’s zerging in the most extreme sense of the word.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

5 Warriors team

Yeah watch out! Internet tough guy incoming! Ty PvP god for showing us the light rofl.

in PvP

Chukree.1756

5 Warriors team

Yeah watch out! Internet tough guy incoming! Ty PvP god for showing us the light rofl.

Go troll somewhere else.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Chukree… I’m gonna have to say that that is good proof of warriors being viable. You don’t know if that team they were fighting against was bad or not. You don’t know if they were all using communication. What was presented was a set of viable warriors absolutely owning in PvP showing that you guys are doing okay. And honestly I get happy and jump for joy when my Mesmer MindWrack hits for a total of 8k crit…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Chukree.1756

Chukree… I’m gonna have to say that that is good proof of warriors being viable. You don’t know if that team they were fighting against was bad or not. You don’t know if they were all using communication. What was presented was a set of viable warriors absolutely owning in PvP showing that you guys are doing okay. And honestly I get happy and jump for joy when my Mesmer MindWrack hits for a total of 8k crit…

I’m in the top pvp invironment atm. I know all the teams. You can’t post nonames. I play a “viable” warrior as well, would some say, but that doesn’t make me viable. and Gz on your mesmer, what has he to do with anything. l2p.

in PvP

jportell.2197

The fact that nearly all of your weapon skills and profession skills do WAY more damage and you still have WAY more health then I do when I try to achieve max dmg.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Chukree.1756

The fact that nearly all of your weapon skills and profession skills do WAY more damage and you still have WAY more health then I do when I try to achieve max dmg.

In what situations, if you blur frenzy and i 100b you, lets see who dies the fastes. It’s not PvE. Try play a decent mesmer and be r40+ and have experience with paids (not temple week), I think it will change your mind. Suggestions please. Don’t compare your lack of experience on a mesmer with another class.

in PvP

Posted by: King James.2659

King James.2659

I think a huge problem with warrior’s is there defensive abilities. I believe if they redid a lot of our defensive traits/skills most of us wouldn’t be running these glass cannon builds.

Bit off subject, but the reckless dodge is stupid compared to what other classes get from traiting into dodges if you ask me. Guardians get heals, rangers get protection, mesmers get another clone to use how they please engineers summon a bomb that can heal you if traited into necros even get a mark of blood that does condi dmg and gives a regen, and a thief gains might/swiftness and drops caltrops? And the infamous one ele’s have give you something based off atunement? We get a dodge that does mediocre dmg unless you’re a glass cannon.

Bam Bam

in PvP

jportell.2197

In what situations, if you blur frenzy and i 100b you, lets see who dies the fastes. It’s not PvE. Try play a decent mesmer and be r40+ and have experience with paids (not temple week), I think it will change your mind. Suggestions please. Don’t compare your lack of experience on a mesmer with another class.

Lack of experience on a mesmer? Lol. And if you 100B me I wouldn’t do BF I would do a COF which when traited gives me retaliation and I would watch as you kill yourself because I am not the cookie cutter shatter glass cannon mesmer. I am a tank and I can out tank most guardians with my build. So please don’t resort to calling me inexperienced at a class that I have many hours on as well as being the person that people go to in my guild when they want mesmer advice. Just no.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

I’m in the top pvp invironment atm. I know all the teams. You can’t post nonames. I play a “viable” warrior as well, would some say, but that doesn’t make me viable. and Gz on your mesmer, what has he to do with anything. l2p.

LMAO at “top pvp environment”, to collect 100 QP+ by losing 1000 times surely looks good lol, pls do come back with your “top player” status once they implement ranking and matchmaking…in the meantime I laugh at you and your claims.
Way back in GW1 a top player was a top 50 GvG player pre-ladder reset , pls do not compare this glorified alliance battle mode to real PvP rofl

in PvP

King James.2659

Let’s not argue in this post, bit useless really.

I’d like to hear more ideas on how to improve the class, not improve your self-esteem by bashing on others.

In my opinion, the burst skills and lack of adrenaline based abilities cripple the class. And shouts are a bit kitten Investing into tactics gives boon duration, but only one out of 4 shouts actually grants boons. None of the shouts come with a reliable way to get stability either :/

I think a cool idea for this class would be to turn mending or one of our healing skills into a shout. By default allow it to cure x amount of conditions, investing into would actually be worth it etc.

Bam Bam

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

This game got few more months to fix things, close this thread and let’s wait for the February patch, if Anet will make the wrong choices, this game will be soon re-named Thief Wars 2 or Warrior Wars 2 as you prefer, few hundred people will be happy but you will have maybe 20 servers to fill up at any given time, new titles are coming out..and GW2 will become eventually “just another MMO”.

in PvP

King James.2659

The mmo in its current state is already losing players. This thread should be to remind the devs of small imbalances in-game. The more balanced, the more people.

People need to stop arguing and just agree upon the fact, the classes in game are not balanced. Warrior is not the only one that has problems within trait lines, or has builds that are simply useless compared to what other classes can offer.

For now, all we can do is give our opinion and hope changes get made soon enough.

Bam Bam

in PvP

ilJumperMT.4871

Lack of experience on a mesmer? Lol. And if you 100B me I wouldn’t do BF I would do a COF which when traited gives me retaliation and I would watch as you kill yourself because I am not the cookie cutter shatter glass cannon mesmer. I am a tank and I can out tank most guardians with my build. So please don’t resort to calling me inexperienced at a class that I have many hours on as well as being the person that people go to in my guild when they want mesmer advice. Just no.

Why bother going Tanky Mesmer? If you played against any good Mesmer you would see how he pulls all enemy team inside his shatter spike. You know something called Focus which most people seem to think Pistol is better.

Chukree can confirm that “Cookie Glass Cannon Mesmer” is a beast in tPVP especially in Mid fights. If you co-ordinate spike with AoE Pull/Shatter you can down whole enemy team.

I do admit that Confusion Mesmer is strong against Time Warp though

LMAO at “top pvp environment”, to collect 100 QP+ by losing 1000 times surely looks good lol, pls do come back with your “top player” status once they implement ranking and matchmaking…in the meantime I laugh at you and your claims.
Way back in GW1 a top player was a top 50 GvG player pre-ladder reset , pls do not compare this glorified alliance battle mode to real PvP rofl

Top PVP Enviroment means famous Squads like Super Squad (Too bad they disbanded )

Qualifier Points mean jack kitten. Just yesterday I was able to bunker as a blood Ranger against a Trapper Ranger, 2 Eles and a Thief for 8 minutes without ever being downed. Best part is they kept raging and stating how they are best players because they are in qualifier list!

Never mind the fact that I downed and stomped them all 3 vs 1 solo haha

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Lol… love the thread title change by dev.

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.2478

Nier.2478

Lets all re-roll Ele for a DPS roamer. No point in picking Thief or Warrior when Ele’s are more broken in reality with people denying it. And with people in denial, ANET’s probably not going to nerf Ele’s to reasonable anyways.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

in PvP

ilJumperMT.4871

Gw2 doesnt have a warrior class. Someone might have accidnelty gave that name to us. Besides from being a 1 trick pony frenzy HB, 1 trick pony rifle KS build, Axe/shield 1 trick pony Evi build. Rest of the weapons are aweful. Hammer is slow as kitten and does little dmg and can be easily avoided. Mace is weak there are no real words i mean its single target CC with like barley any real dmg? lolwut? Then we got these swords to give some wars a glimmer of hope that we too have bleed builds.. until they make a full set and do S/S and see it does nothing at all. Swords are so crappy i dont know where to begin… Its dps is terrible and bleeds are at snail speed. Rifle has a random bleed on it and the only usable skill is KS and even when you use that its like ‘’OK EVERYONE IMA KNEEL AND POINT AT YOU… dont move or anything’’ Volley is easily dodged and made useless. Bow… well most of us wars get togeather and make fun of the longbow as it does little to nothing besides 1 area denial and a slow as kitten semi hard hitting 3 skill. 2 skill on bow is barley good melee range and 4/5 are utility.

Then we got horn which is never to be used in combat as it offers nothing really unless you spend 20 to go into vit so you can get its trait that will pwn your dps.

GS the overrated weapon with a useless burst that you wont see anyone use unless they noobin or goofin. Axe off hand is a messed up joke. Mace off hand aint bad.

If anyone thinks they dont suck are obiviously high. I mean we gotta go out of our way for a kill where other person is like… mhhhmm 1 oh oh hes movin let me insta kill him and then the 5 others by him.

Where as a war i like: 5 ppl this should challenge my skills..Pow got 1 guy down yeah! yeah! ah man wasted all my utility trying to stomp him…“runs” and suddenly on the ground like, ‘’Almost got em bullocks!’’

One single mishappen as a war and you will be laying on the ground wishing you hadnt missed that hit where as your enemy probably messed his/her combo like 5 times and still keep doin it to you.

I have 1.4k hours of gameplay on warrior so said above is all of experience.

If they want to improve stuff i ask they remove the silly bleed off the rifle auto and increase the dmg a bit and do something with 2 and 4.

For swords either faster bleeds or give it more dps as of now its stuck in the mid of dps and bleed and sucks at both.

Bow 2/4/5 could use a bit of dmg increase.
Hammer could have the 2/4/5 skills sped up a tiny bit.
Mace could use a dmg increase overall.
GS burst needs to be usefull remove this crappy fury giving no dmg slow as hell move and replace with somethin that would fit its theme.
Axe off hand: axe 4 needs a dif animation and a bit faster and more dmg i think it does less dmg then part 1 of auto not sure tho havent used em for a long while since axe off hand is horrible. Axe 5 could use a dmg booster as it does less dmg then auto as everyone knows and sure its an aoe and axe auto hits 3 ppl at once leaving axe 5 useless.

Warrior whining about weapon selection?

Try Ranger. Longbow is a joke, Rangers would love to change longbow to warrior version yet you want to buff warrior Longbow?

Axe 5 does less damage then auto attack? Too bad even Pistol Whip does less damage then auto attack. Its not worth using it unless for mini .5 second stun (which I find using headshot is better)

Greatsword is slow? It has the most mobility of Warrior weapons.

Complaining about bleeds on Sword? Look at ranger shortbow. It only bleeds when attacking from behind, yet all other range or melee can bleed no matter where the hit from (Starting with Warrior Rifle bleeds and continuing with Pistol Thief)

Also there are tanky builds that uses Hammer and Dual Mace that can stun lock to oblivion

Warrior has a good selection of weapons, the problem is traits.