Tournament of Legends 3 DPS Official Thread

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Are you kittening kidding me. Its full? Great no radioactive this time… bullkitten tourney. I’m so disgusted on how badly every gw2 tourney is run…. thr should of been invites sent out to actual teams, then have the rest of the turret engi kitten teams battle it out for spots. Good job DPS! /salt

It was announced on Monday what day and time signups would go live. I believe it hit the cap 6 or 7 hours after there were live.

Remember, a lot of teams will drop out and we will be needing those teams on waiting list.

I would like to see it expanded to 128 teams, but I’m not sure if that’s something that is doable.. we will have to see.

As for sending invites out to teams. Before this week there were maybe 2-3 teams on NA that were actually stable. Because of this, there is no knowing of who to even send invites out to. Most of these teams formed yesterday or today, no doubt. You can’t blame DPS for this.

This game isn’t ewports enough to wake up at 5am to sign up… the sign ups WERE OPEN FOR 1 DAY and full….. I worked the entire day… still working actually.. and the invites could of been sent out to stable teams such as radioactive, apex, abjured etc..

And I’m not blaming you for not signing up radioactive in time.. if anyone’s fault it’s mine okk? But a tourney of this size and significance should be dealt with better. I realize you and dps do not get payed for this, but isn’t it worth it to try to produce a competitive tournament? radioactive will most likly have its spot taken by a turret engi kitten team LOL. Radioactive has already put a decent number of hours to get a competitive edge in this tournament… we wanted to upset this tournament…. prolly not gonna happen now….

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

(edited by masskillerxploit.2165)

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Again, teams drop out. A good number of them, so some teams who aren’t in right now more than likely will be down the road. It’s still a month out.

As for invites, I see what you’re saying and if we had as many teams that are “actual teams” as we had 6 months ago, I agree that would have been a wise decision. But given the fact that there are were very, very few stable teams prior to this week, that was just not possible. That would have been sending invites to individuals who would scrounge up 4 others as fast as they could, not sending out invites to invite a full team of 5.

And to be fair to you..and DPS…I don’t think anyone expected 64 teams within 7 hours. In future tournament, invites may be a solution for something like this.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

(edited by tichorum.2415)

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

Again, teams drop out. A good number of them, so some teams who aren’t in right now more than likely will be down the road. It’s still a month out.

As for invites, I see what you’re saying and if we had as many teams that are “actual teams” as we had 6 months ago, I agree that would have been a wise decision. But given the fact that there are were very, very few stable teams prior to this week, that was just not possible. That would have been sending invites to individuals who would scrounge up 4 others as fast as they could, not sending out invites to invite a full team of 5.

And to be fair to you..and DPS…I don’t think anyone expected 64 teams within 7 hours. In future tournament, invites may be a solution for something like this.

I think these tournaments should promote actual teams to stay together…. something like guaranteed top 5 seed, depending on ESL cups.

The main reason im frustrated about this is because, every gw2 tournament up to now, has had some major issues ( and when i say major issues, i mean it literally changed the actual outcome of the tournament); with dps back and hosting this tournament, I had high hopes that they would get it right, with no surprise problems, a smoothly run tournament. I understand “problems” happen, but this many times in a row? This tournament is getting on the short (getting longer) list of guild wars 2 competitive scene failures. gl with the tourney turrent engi teams! <3

(edited by masskillerxploit.2165)

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

OK SO…..

Preventing teams that want to play, regardless of whether your a top tier team or a beginner team here cuz of llamas is not something we want to do.

Having said that, DPS needs to make sure we can handle this in a way that is fair but also reasonable for our logistics so we can provide the best, most efficient tournament possible. An announcement will be made tomorrow morning after we have ensured that we have considered all options internally. IN THE MEANTIME, if you want to play in ToL3 EU or NA (and I really dont care who you are) your team needs to be on my sign-up list ASAP Please Note: Any decision we announce tomorrow will be final guys.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I think these tournaments should promote actual teams to stay together…. something like guaranteed top 5 seed, depending on ESL cups.

The main reason im frustrated about this is because, every gw2 tournament up to now, has had some major issues ( and when i say major issues, i mean it literally changed the actual outcome of the tournament); with dps back and hosting this tournament, I had high hopes that they would get it right, with no surprise problems, a smoothly run tournament. I understand “problems” happen, but this many times in a row? This tournament is getting on the short (getting longer) list of guild wars 2 competitive scene failures. gl with the tourney turrent engi teams! <3

At this point the only failure is you not signing up, to be fair…. Just sign up and get on the waiting list. Most teams are pve/wvw heroes wanting a lama, there will be a lot of dropouts I’m guessing.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

can we have 1v1 tournament of legend? i cant seem to find a team..forever alone..lone wolf

in PvP

tichorum.2415

can we have 1v1 tournament of legend? i cant seem to find a team..forever alone..lone wolf

I bet you could join any PvP guild and ask around and find a casual group just trying to have fun!

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

At this point the only failure is you not signing up, to be fair…. Just sign up and get on the waiting list. Most teams are pve/wvw heroes wanting a lama, there will be a lot of dropouts I’m guessing.

Reread my posts. Think. Then fix your post.

in PvP

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

You should be able to let all legit teams participate. It doesn’t have to be exactly 128, it can be any number, you can always give some first round “byes”.

In a tournament this big it’s unfair not to let everyone participate.

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

Please expand it, I know a lot of people that we’re planning on playing but didn’t have a chance to sign up yesterday.

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Hello, I heard from a player that you need to win some kind of G4ESLWEEKLY or MONTLY, to qualify? Is this this true? They way I read the announcement was that players of all skill-levels could join? Maby I misread something, can I have some clarification on this please?

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Hello, I heard from a player that you need to win some kind of G4ESLWEEKLY or MONTLY, to qualify? Is this this true? They way I read the announcement was that players of all skill-levels could join? Maby I misread something, can I have some clarification on this please?

No this is not true. Winning these tournaments will however have an effect on who you play against in the first few rounds.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Yesterday, we were absolutely flooded with sign-ups, filling our quota of 64 teams per region mere hours following sign-ups being opened. We are very aware that many teams did not make it in time to solidify a slot in the Tournament.

As such, we are very excited to announce that we have expanded the Tournament to allow for 128 teams per region!

Teams that have been waitlisted as of yesterday up until this post will find that they will be taken off that list and moved to the tournament bracket. All teams that were already signed up and earned a spot in the bracket will keep their spots, with no need to sign up again.

Congratulations to the teams who signed up and got spots in the bracket as well as to the teams who have been moved off of the waitlist! To those of you who are interested in participating still, you still have a chance! The sign-ups have been opened back up for the expansion and the waitlist will remain active if the maximum team count is hit again.

We are very excited for this and we look forward to seeing all of you compete in what will be the largest Guild Wars 2 tournament ever hosted. Please note we will not be expanding this tournament any further.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

To add on to what Xanatos mentioned, we will be extending prizes to top 64 instead of top 32 with this change. I’ll need to go over the rewards on Monday, but at a minimum, you can expect a Llama Mini for making it to the second round.

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

Thank you.

/15char

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Wooo!!!

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

power necro/dd ele lft

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

As an update: Ill be emailing teams tonight and publishing a list here of all teams that are on the bracket so far. We still have slots in the newly expanded tournament though guys so keep the sign ups coming!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Tur Rambar.6287

Tur Rambar.6287

Can anyone explain me a little bit more detailled how participating in the other tournaments(acadamy,esl) will influence your first round?

in PvP

Lux.7169

Can anyone explain me a little bit more detailled how participating in the other tournaments(acadamy,esl) will influence your first round?

Participating in any tournament gives you better seeding than teams that do not compete.

Placing well gives you better seeding that teams that placed below you.

Placing in ESL is more important than winning lesser tournaments. For example, placing 8th in ESL could give you better seeding points than placing first in AG or the AGG tourney.

I’m not affiliated w/ any of the admins or committees that run ToL or any of the other tourneys, so this is just my understanding as a player who tries to keep up w/ information.

[SoF]

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Participating in any tournament gives you better seeding than teams that do not compete.

Placing well gives you better seeding that teams that placed below you.

Placing in ESL is more important than winning lesser tournaments. For example, placing 8th in ESL could give you better seeding points than placing first in AG or the AGG tourney.

I’m not affiliated w/ any of the admins or committees that run ToL or any of the other tourneys, so this is just my understanding as a player who tries to keep up w/ information.

You have the general idea of it down, but it also depends on the # of ESL teams that actually sign up. But yes, this is a good understanding.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Quick update:

ALL NA teams that did not sign up more then once have been emailed (at least the ones that registered before 7:50pm or so.) If you did sign up more then once, I just need to clarify with you on a 1 on 1 basis before locking your slot in.

EU teams will be contacted before I go to bed tonight and then I will publish a list of participating teams thus far HERE along with any teams I need to still get ahold of.

Each region is now hovering close to 100 teams registered. Please sign up if you want to secure your place in the tournament!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

I would suggest you have a quick look over this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seed_%28sports%29

You’ll see that higher seeded teams are placed against lower seeded teams in the first round, therefore having a fairly high chance of progressing to later rounds.
This is used in sports to keep the more interesting games to the quarter-/semi-/finals since those matches will attract the largest audience.

It’s therefore in your best interest to get a higher seeding by playing in these tournaments.

in PvP

Royal.2693

I’m sure it will be so much fun for casuals to be against Abjured, Orange Logo, etc. first round and lose 500-0

I think that in this tournament seeding should be completely random. All other tournaments are already seeded in a way that newcomers won’t ever have any chance of succeeding. That is a real reason why competitive scene is so small.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

I think that in this tournament seeding should be completely random. All other tournaments are already seeded in a way that newcomers won’t ever have any chance of succeeding.

I disagree. In this case you could have one top team being knocked out in round 1 by another top team and therefore getting no reward, while a relatively new team goes up against 3 other relatively new teams in succession and gets a significant reward despite not being nearly as good as the top team that was knocked out in the first round. This is simply not fair.

That is a real reason why competitive scene is so small.

So small that 64 teams in each region had signed up in under 6 hours for said tournament?

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

I’m sure it will be so much fun for casuals to be against Abjured, Orange Logo, etc. first round and lose 500-0

I think that in this tournament seeding should be completely random. All other tournaments are already seeded in a way that newcomers won’t ever have any chance of succeeding. That is a real reason why competitive scene is so small.

If you play in a EU/NA Academy gaming weekly tournament or a ESL Go4Cup, youll be given seeding pts based on how you perform AND will be gaining meaningful competitive experience (increasing the competitive scene in general).

If you don’t, youll be randomly seeded following the teams that have secured some seeding pts.

We’re trying to increase the competitive scene by encouraging people to play competitive Guild Wars 2 in the Go4Cups and the Academy Gaming weeklies.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Royal.2693

We’re trying to increase the competitive scene by encouraging people to play competitive Guild Wars 2 in the Go4Cups and the Academy Gaming weeklies.

I’m aware of that. But problem is that newcomers will always play against best teams in those tournaments in the first round. They will always get rekt and they will have no motivation to keep trying.

Randomising would motivate new teams a lot more. Just like in GW1

in PvP

tichorum.2415

I’m aware of that. But problem is that newcomers will always play against best teams in those tournaments in the first round. They will always get rekt and they will have no motivation to keep trying.

This isn’t how seeding works, though. It wouldn’t create much of a tournament-like atmosphere if 50% of the top 8 teams are people who have never played in a tournament before.

If teams play in a tournament a week, essentially, they will be guaranteed to not go up against a really good team in the first round because odds are that other teams don’t play at all before ToL.

Essentially, Royal, if 128 teams are in the tournament, a good % of them won’t ever do an AG or ESL tournament. Those teams are randomly seeded. If we were to randomly seed the entire tournament, a team will still go up against teams like The Abjured and TCG..they will still more than likely lose. There isn’t much of a difference.

(edited by tichorum.2415)

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

It would also do a disservice to the teams that have tried to play at least one round of true competitive PVP (currently found best in the ESL Go4’s and Academy Gaming Weeklies) would it not? The seeding system we have in place takes both sides into account. We will be willing to reexamine it post ToL3, just like we did after Tournament of Glory but for now, we will be sticking to the system in place.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

But a random seeding isn’t fair to dedicated pvp players as they may be on the #2 team who is randomly matched against the #1 team so they get no reward for their hard work and time dedicated to pvp if they lose to the #1 team round 1. The teams that are here for the llamas and such only should be the ones running the risk of matching versus the well established teams first round. This isn’t a free prizes for casuals tournament, its prove yourself as a PvP player/team tournament.

The way the ranking system currently is sounds much more fair than complete randomization.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

The Following Teams Are Successfully Added to ToL3 EUROPE (as of last database check):
AboutBlank
All for All
Anime Beauty Crew
Avengers
Bad Community
Ballbusterz
Blast Toys
Calm Down and Drink Some
Casuals
Cements Spals Machine
Cercle des Insomniaques
Comebacks
Cooking Meta
Cryptic Force
Cubes dont jump
Dat Keming
Dead Man Walkîng
Divine Knights of Balthazar
Dont Know What To Do
Drunken Swallows
Elements V
Eligible To Compete
Everything Fun Schedule One
Evris Pirates
Excessive Xylophone Playing
Fifty shades of the mist
For The Winners
Forget everything and respawn
Give Her a Haggis
Heart of Ashes and Dust
Just1Win
Killer Dragons
KoD Remembrance
Koma Pils
La cuchara de Tequatel
Lama Rama Ding
League Of Ghost
Les Gollums
Les Nocturiens
les voyageur celeste
les voyageur celeste 2
Line Of Sight Stacking
Lodadianos
Majestic Sea Men
Mélophores
Merlin’s Avengers
Misfits
Mustard On Everything
Noble Arms
Nyan Is Kawaii
October’s Very Own
Only Revenant
Orange Logo
Orden del Halcón de Ebano
Pink and Fabulous
Pressure For Pleasure
Pvplow
Quaggan Terror Corps
Quark im Bart
Quinta
Rank Fifty Five Dragons
Rasmans Penetration Service
Red Team
Revenants of the Blood Tree
Rice Squad
Rotate to Procreate
Schlächter von Khylo
SIGN
Skyhammer Poledancer
Snake Squad
Soviet Russia
Sputti is a Scrub
Super Butujuru
Team Aura
Team Balthazar
Team Big Salami
Team Reflexx
Team Vicous
The Art Of Sword
The Civilized Gentlemen
The Cold Touch of the Past
The Downstate Guys
The First Straw
The Last Outpost
The Legend of The Pink Unicorn
The Mind Grind
The Nordic White Ravens
Third Class Citizens
Tide of Wrath
Tomi Roster
Trash
Try Hard Die Harder
Tyrian Shogunate Ops
Unicornios Zombies
Uralte Roboter Dinosaurier Eule
V for Fail
Various Artists
Wanna Play a Game
We don´t know what we do
Your Goose Is Cooked

The Following Teams are on the ToL3 Europe Waiting List:
NONE SO FAR

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

(edited by xantosnightwish.5438)

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

The Following Teams Are Successfully Added to the ToL3 NORTH AMERICA (as of last database check):
[EiSP]
5 P Locas
Abusement park
Aggressive Threat
Apex Prime
ASAP Zerg
Authorized Shoutcaster Program
Azeroth Retirement Community
Black Legion Knights
Black Tie Affair
BlöödBath And Beyönd
Booty Bakery
Burrito Lover Burrito Guild
Central Plano Gaming Olliance
Champion Rabbits
Chaos Stars
Claimh Solais
Cunning Stunts
Dead from Last Night
Deppen vom Dienst
Diablos Revenge
Enoxre
Ethereal Guardians
For Great Llama
For Love and Llamas
Forever Hotties
Genesis
Group Hug
Hates All Metas
Heart of Midas
Heroes of Ithica
howtobasic
Hymn
Ikea Furniture
Intoxicate
It’s Over
Knights of the Celestial Order 2
Knights of the Bloodoath
Knights of the Celestial Order
Last Gods
Legion of Steel
Let Us Throw
Lions Divide
Lux Lions
Mental Asylum
Mini Llama
Mustard On Everything
NaCl
Nox
Of Fire and Blood
Official Mesmer Forum Guild
Orgulho do Brasil
Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants Pants
Penguin Squad
Pesky Samaritans
Praetorian Vanguards
Pure Awesomenes
PvE Heroes
Radioactive
Rar Crash
Ready Set Die
Remnants of Hope
Seraphs of Fortuna
Shrub Squad
Slayers vs. Players
SLD Casuals
Slippery Dingo Wranglers
Smexy
SOAK
Solar Flare
Soul Guard
Spawn Camp Svanir
Spicy
Starfleet Dental B-Team
Straight out of Queensdale
Super Doge Squad 2k420
Team BOO
Team Clutch
Team Starfleet Dental
Team Yotam
The Abjured
The Allured
The Blazing Rabbits
The Conglomerate
The Divine Collective
The Lab
The Ping Pong Posse
The Rally Bot Vortex [Void]
They Often Forget Us
Those Who Fell
Too Legit To Quit
Troll Syndicate
True Allure
True Legionaries
Turtle Dudes
Twins And A Tree
Ultimate Sinergia
Unbroken Pact
Velocity
Vintage Kittens
Wayward Blade
We Already Know We Are Trash
Webweaver Fan Club
Wonder Gaurds
Worth
Zeroes to Heroes

The Following Teams Are on the Waiting List for ToL3 North America:
NONE SO FAR

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

(edited by xantosnightwish.5438)

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Please note: if you signed up late tonight, I didn’t get a chance to have you processed yet but we do have your data.

If you need to get ahold of me personally during the day, email is your best bet at jczech@digitalprosports.com.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

OK i have 2 questions, both involving the optional substitute.
1st, how does prizing work out if the substitute is used? (does the sub and/or person being substituted get prizes)
2nde, Does your team get points for seeding if you play in a tournament with 3 of your starting list and your sub totaling to 4 members from your roster competing as a team?

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

1st, how does prizing work out if the substitute is used? (does the sub and/or person being substituted get prizes)
2nde, Does your team get points for seeding if you play in a tournament with 3 of your starting list and your sub totaling to 4 members from your roster competing as a team?

Ill confirm the new prizing structure with Josh Davis but Im under the impression the sub will get a prize so long as he/she plays a round.

Yes, your team would get seeding pts.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Ive updated NA tonight. Will update EU asap tmw as Im waiting on a few teams to respond from that region and I know I have a few sign ups to go through still for EU.

Thanks for being so patient and easy to work with guys!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Ill confirm the new prizing structure with Josh Davis but Im under the impression the sub will get a prize so long as he/she plays a round.

Yes, your team would get seeding pts.

Can i expand this question:

Does it have to be “the same” 3+1 members from the main roster, or is it “as long as 4 poeple from main+sub roster are playing”, the team is considered a unity?

Basicaly from our 5+1 players, can each week 1 of us have IRL break, while the other 3+1 grab a pug ?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

How do I edit the team roster? One of my players on my team can no longer play.

in PvP

Posted by: SgtJanitor.3164

SgtJanitor.3164

How do I edit the team roster? One of my players on my team can no longer play.

If you could submit any roster changes to one of our TO’s, preferably Justin at jczech@digitalprosports.com, that would be the quickest and easiest way to sort that out.

Heurix
Authorized Shoutcaster for ArenaNet, ESL, and DPS

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Ive updated the EU list of officially entered teams. I know I have a handful I need to email still but if youre on my list, you are IN the tournament.

Working on NA tonight. Will try to have it updated asap. Roster changes are being made as I go

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: SgtJanitor.3164

SgtJanitor.3164

Main post has been updated with links to current, verified teams for the Tournament of Llamas 3.

(Check the bottom of the OP)

Make sure you check that post and verify that your team is on that list if you have signed up as of yesterday at around 6pm EST!

Heurix
Authorized Shoutcaster for ArenaNet, ESL, and DPS

in PvP

Death Stroke.9875

I can verify that my team is listed under the wrong Bracket. We are in NA but are listed under Europe, this happen to anyone else?
Note: the email I got confirmed that we were in the North America brackets.

Side note: Tournament of Llamas 3?

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

I can verify that my team is listed under the wrong Bracket. We are in NA but are listed under Europe, this happen to anyone else?
Note: the email I got confirmed that we were in the North America brackets.

Side note: Tournament of Llamas 3?

Already fixing this in the database.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

Assuming most slots are full and teams locked in, could we see a weekly updated seeding so far? So teams can see their progress so far?

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

Also a another Q. I noticed quite a bunch of random newer teams in the esl cup, even though they most likly got destroyed, some of the teams might of picked up some seeding pts for participating, does this mean they cannot sign up for academy gaming even though they are a newer team and qualify to be in the academy gaming weeklies because of being newer to the scene as well as the esl ones because anyone can sign up, resulting in more seeding points than the would of had? Sry for bad grammar… on phone.

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Also a another Q. I noticed quite a bunch of random newer teams in the esl cup, even though they most likly got destroyed, some of the teams might of picked up some seeding pts for participating, does this mean they cannot sign up for academy gaming even though they are a newer team and qualify to be in the academy gaming weeklies because of being newer to the scene as well as the esl ones because anyone can sign up, resulting in more seeding points than the would of had? Sry for bad grammar… on phone.

If you win a series in ESL you cannot play in AG. If you participate in ESL but don’t win a series you can play in ESL.

in PvP

Death Stroke.9875

At least some of the tournaments that determine seeding get full pretty fast and some teams don’t know if they will have enough of their people on until day of and it ends up being full. Do teams that sign-up for the seeding tournaments but don’t get in because it is full get higher seeding than teams that didn’t sign-up at all? (like teams that lose first round)

also, any chance that team member’s leader-board status would be taken into consideration when seeding points are tied? (yeah I know the test is ending before the tournament and that it is a test)

in PvP

tichorum.2415

At least some of the tournaments that determine seeding get full pretty fast and some teams don’t know if they will have enough of their people on until day of and it ends up being full. Do teams that sign-up for the seeding tournaments but don’t get in because it is full get higher seeding than teams that didn’t sign-up at all? (like teams that lose first round)

also, any chance that team member’s leader-board status would be taken into consideration when seeding points are tied? (yeah I know the test is ending before the tournament and that it is a test)

Teams who signup and don’t get in are rewarded the same amount as teams who lose in the first round.

The leaderboard is not taken into consideration.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Quick update:

Ive updated our list here of teams who are officially registered. Please email me if you signed up but do not see your team’s name on the list!

Ill be reaching out to all teams via email within the next 24 hours to provide a concise explanation of how teams are seeded but to address the main concern: It is not possible to play in an ESL weekly, not win a game and then go play in a AG Weekly and get more seeding pts that week then a team that won a game in ESL and thus cant play in AG weeklies. We accounted for that in advance A win in ESL counts for substantially more pts.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Lux.7169

While the system isn’t perfect due to limitations on the number of teams that can participate in weeklies, I do want to point out that I am really glad to see that you guys are putting in so much effort into making this process.

In the past the teams seemed to be arbitrarily seeded and I think it’s amazing that you gave everyone fair warning of how it would be seeded and have a pretty solid process down. So yeah, while there are complaints here and there about it, I’d just like to remind you guys that what you’re doing is awesome and the transparency in the process is greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great work, love how you guys are managing the lead up to ToL3 thus far!

[SoF]