MailMail.6534

Allie’s a goddess. That is all. <3

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I like the idea of the tournament. I think the only downside is that there isn’t a lot of team competition in the US. Is there really anyone who will win over FC/GF?

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

To be fair, Anet hands out legendaries to “undeserving” people through RNG all the time. But undeserving should really be unearning through perseverance because that’s all RNG is. I can literally make a new toon, grab a few cheap items on the way to the Mystic Forge and get a Legendary. The chance is small, but that is how it works. That is undeserving of a legendary.

In contrast the PVP winners will be a group of people that have worked their kitten off over several months/years to be very skilled players. This is the exact opposite of unearned or undeserving.

Personally I hate PVP and I’ll never do it for reasons I’m not going to explain, but I’ll never say the winners of this PVP tournament haven’t earned it. If you win, kudos.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

style.6173

The players who will win this tournament SURELY have spent 100s of hours perfecting their craft and strategies, without earning legendaries for it in the process.

We are tipping our hats to those that have put the time and dedication into PvP, and have earned this as a reward.

We’re not just handing them out.

I agree with you and think the winner deserves one. That said, based on your logic, the same applies to WvW players. Some of them really do nothing but WvW. Since you opened this can of worms, I hope you have answer for that as well.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

The players who will win this tournament SURELY have spent 100s of hours perfecting their craft and strategies, without earning legendaries for it in the process.

We are tipping our hats to those that have put the time and dedication into PvP, and have earned this as a reward.

I agree with you and think the winner deserves one. That said, based on your logic, the same applies to WvW players. Some of them really do nothing but WvW. Since you opened this can of worms, I hope you have answer for that as well.

Oh wait, in wvw you can get tons and tons of bags with chances at precursors! You also get experience, gold and karma for capturing keeps/towers with champion bags!

You also get chests for leveling up with happens at an exponentially faster rate than PvP!

….

Ranger//Necro

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

wvw is no skill …. zerging pvding etc.

in case you disagree
wvw players can sign up as well and get this prize as well.

BG

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

in case you disagree

^^^ yes please, show us your awesome wvw fighting skills

Ranger//Necro

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Yes Sunt, and u’re pro with sPvP!

Funny to read all PvErs whining, go farm your achiev points, it means a lot!

Red Guard [RG]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

There is no reason to split the GW2 community over this. If youre a PVE player that thinks this is unfair, why not form a team and compete? Think of it as just another chance to nab a precursor or a legendary and actually show up! The more teams that compete in this the better!

And yes, GF/FC have the best chance of winning the NA tourney but what tournament doesnt have a favorites? Plus there are prizes 1-8, so newerish teams shouldnt be discouraged to at least TRY and compete. This could be the spark the NA community needs to gain some fresh faces.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: matty.1052

matty.1052

Even though I play PvE and WvW exclusively, I think this is an awesome reward for the tournament. The winners will definitely have earned it!

Tarnished Coast

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

There is no reason to split the GW2 community over this. If youre a PVE player that thinks this is unfair, why not form a team and compete?

Most likely because the team composition would end up being 4 fully zerk warriors with a guardian, ele or mesmer as backup, also in full zerk ofcourse.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Unless it’s too late by now, I wanted to sign up with my team, but I’m not sure if I’m too late or just missing the registration

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

style.6173

in case you disagree

You both need to L2R (learn to read).

The PvP tournament is a good idea. It should be happening.

My point is that these types of events need to be carried over to other game modes as well. There really is no argument against that.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Car Crash [CC] Will be back for this. Great Idea. Also to all the pvers who are whining.there are many pvpers who spent over 2000-3000 hours of gw2 and guess what, not a single nice skin to show off.

I would have thought that your PvP locker was pretty much full after 2000-3000 hours of playing?

Full of items you can get for 30 mins of pve play.

How about we trade you guys rewards. You get our pve lockers, we’ll take your legendaries. Deal?

Really? 30 minutes? Where can I do this? Surely if it’s only 30 mins then there’s no problem for you either? Regardless, that deal sounds good to me.

PS I don’t have a legendary and relatively few nice skins as I don’t have time for multiple dungeon runs. Also I don’t mind this so much despite it excluding non sPvPers from a chance at the reward I just fine the idea of someone having no nice skins after 3000 hours to be ludicrous.

I meant the pve population as a whole. And I do have tons of pve sets from dungeons, all of which were substantially easier to get in pve than in pvp.

So let’s take all the legendaries you pve players have, create a ratio to downscale it to the pvp population and distribute legendaries to XX% of pvp players.

Now you pve’er can get our 5 legendaries from this tournament.

Oh, and we get your weapon skins exclusive to pve as well.

Sounds legit.

We’ll also trade you our gold and glroy for your gold and karma.

Not really, PvP is much less content than PVE. There is nothing as tedious as 100% map completion in PvP for example.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

in case you disagree

My point is that these types of events need to be carried over to other game modes as well. There really is no argument against that.

there is – because there is nothing competive in other game modes

wvw is all about coverage – the server with most ppl (even when all braindead 1 spamming staff guardians) will win
pve – …… ye what?^^

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

style.6173

in case you disagree

wvw is all about coverage – the server with most ppl (even when all braindead 1 spamming staff guardians) will win
pve – …… ye what?^^

GvG

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

in case you disagree

pve – …… ye what?^^

GvG

not ingame and when than it would be in spvp

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Registration is not open yet.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

style.6173

in case you disagree

pve – …… ye what?^^

GvG

not ingame and when than it would be in spvp

It is more strategic in WvW than in PvP. More options = better strategy.

Plus, interestingly enough is that last weekend’s unpublicized GvG between two top guilds generated over 1200 concurrent viewers. There aren’t many PvP tournaments that generate anywhere near that many.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Really? A legendary for winning a single tournament while others have to farm 100s of hours for one? Disgusting. Guess Anet only knows extremes with rewards, either almost nothing or precursors/legendaries lol.

First, I do understand that you are no giving away Legendaries. After all, 5 best PvP players surely deserve this reward for their commitment, skill and time devoted. No doubtely they deserve some cool, special and precious reward for it.

Secondly, I am a bit annoyed just because all they did was to play what they enjoyed the most (PvP) and did not have to go through really stupid grind, RNG, bugs, maps, grind, gring and grind.

I guess you (ANet) plan to host such tournaments on regular basis so every devoted PvP player wil have a chance of getting a Legendary now (would be very mean of you if you didn’t) but there is a massive difference between working ones kitten of and actually enjoying the part of the game.

I got my legendary bout a 8 months ago when it was relatively “cheap and easy”. I dumped the parts of the game I enjoyed most (WvW and PvP) just because I had to do something fun in a way but (in the end) boring as hell. You have eluded the GW2 community with the promise of “Scavenger Hunt” and “Way to craft Precursors” for months and no solid proof it is coming came along the way and this is the part which really annoys me to be honest.

To sum up, top PvP players DO deserve Legendaries. They should get such reward long time ago but you ANet should not diminish the effort and devotion of PvE/WvW players at the same time. Especially WvW players who are the backbone of each server community.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

If five legendaries devalues your effort so significantly in such a large game, you really need to reconsider your priorities.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Can we get details on who will be able to enter the tournament? I wasn’t able to enter PAX last year, and I’d be pretty disappointed if I couldn’t enter this this year.

Otherwise, I’m glad that ANet is giving PvP’ers real rewards.

Secondly, I am a bit annoyed just because all they did was to play what they enjoyed the most (PvP)

Wow, how dare ANet give rewards to people for doing something they enjoy?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

(edited by Arganthium.5638)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Tournament is open to all players, pvp, wvw, pve or otherwise. I say just bring it.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Can we get details on who will be able to enter the tournament? I wasn’t able to enter PAX last year, and I’d be pretty disappointed if I couldn’t enter this this year.

Otherwise, I’m glad that ANet is giving PvP’ers real rewards.

This being an online tourney with no need to travel and no ‘monetary’ prizes I am 99% sure it’s open to anyone over 13… since you have to be 13 to be ‘allowed’ to play the game.

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

There are no age or country restrictions like there were for PAX. The reason for that being is that this is not a LAN tournament.

Anyone can sign up.

Edit: With the obvious exception of what Lux said, you must be 13 to play the game.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

No Skyhammer in rotation? #disappoint #noeSports

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Of course there would not be Skyhammer in the rotation… i mean do you really want to see two teams of troll push/pull control teams knocking eachother off x percentage of the game?

PS; regret my comment about do spvpers even want Legendary in my general thread after reading this one…. the top spvp deserve this without question can’t wait to check out how it turns out. GL to all the teams.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

First, I do understand that you are no giving away Legendaries. After all, 5 best PvP players surely deserve this reward for their commitment, skill and time devoted. No doubtely they deserve some cool, special and precious reward for it.

Secondly, I am a bit annoyed just because all they did was to play what they enjoyed the most (PvP) and did not have to go through really stupid grind, RNG, bugs, maps, grind, gring and grind.

I guess you (ANet) plan to host such tournaments on regular basis so every devoted PvP player wil have a chance of getting a Legendary now (would be very mean of you if you didn’t) but there is a massive difference between working ones kitten of and actually enjoying the part of the game.

I got my legendary bout a 8 months ago when it was relatively “cheap and easy”. I dumped the parts of the game I enjoyed most (WvW and PvP) just because I had to do something fun in a way but (in the end) boring as hell. You have eluded the GW2 community with the promise of “Scavenger Hunt” and “Way to craft Precursors” for months and no solid proof it is coming came along the way and this is the part which really annoys me to be honest.

To sum up, top PvP players DO deserve Legendaries. They should get such reward long time ago but you ANet should not diminish the effort and devotion of PvE/WvW players at the same time. Especially WvW players who are the backbone of each server community.

You grinded your legendary completely destroying your fun, instead of just playing the game and gaining materials day after day without even noticing.
That’s your fault, not ANet’s.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

It is more strategic in WvW than in PvP. More options = better strategy.

Plus, interestingly enough is that last weekend’s unpublicized GvG between two top guilds generated over 1200 concurrent viewers. There aren’t many PvP tournaments that generate anywhere near that many.

GvG is not wvw

if we say that wvw is all about coverage then we mean the servers winning… the players dont deserve much since you cant say who really helped.. the achievements reward for it already…

but GvGs actually require skill too ofc

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Constant.7498

Constant.7498

So the small handful of teams who have stuck out for the longest time will be getting a legendary for free, that’s awesome for them they deserve more than anyone in pvp.

But my biggest concern is will pvp legendary weapons become available to general pvp population (like myself for example playing pvp since launch).

I don’t care about when I don’t care about how we would get them, but dear god i hope they are going to be available to the general pvp community.

Also I 100% agree that those teams should be able to get the legendarys first.

But this has literally been the driving force that has kept me optimistic about the future.

Please tell me we will all be able to get them grind for them or whatever at some point ! (a hint a wink anything)

(edited by Constant.7498)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Constant.7498, These questions can be answered in next weeks Ready Up.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

This is the RU I have been waiting for.

SO EXCITED

maybe

[SoF]

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Constant.7498

All I needed to hear Allie.

Thanks for the reply appreciate it

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Hidden.3975

Hidden.3975

For those saying “they had to work so hard in PvE” I have little sympathy due to one simple fact.

If you’re good enough to win a tournament with a team may I add, then you have poured hundreds of thousands of hours together to be able to do so. You have had to build together, conquer challenges together and be able to defeat equally hard working teams.

When you think of it this way, grinding is nothing compared to the hard work and challenges associated with winning this tournament.

Stop being short sighted.

TH

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Will we able to watch it somewhere? Like a live stream or so?

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Constant.7498

There will defiantly be a live stream covering it, on twitch.tv most likely.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

It’s being run by Mistpedia and Blu is involved. If it doesn’t get livestreamed it’ll be because a meteor landed on him.

Call me Smith.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

It’s being run by Mistpedia and Blu is involved. If it doesn’t get livestreamed it’ll be because a meteor landed on him.

This made me laugh out loud. Very true. ^^

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

No reason to against on this one, make it happen for the sake of hours of hours 5v5 skilled tpvp play.
With the current state of spvp this past 18months
let them wield one they are worthy and skilled enough (not to mention how buggy the game is).

EDIT: After this so called Tournament of Legend can we proceed on the real thing? i mean the Guild against other Guild in a competative skilled skillfull play competition or you guys still pushing this failed 5v5 thing? glad you guys remove glory ingame cos with the current state of the game there is no glorious getting glory.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

(edited by Chapell.1346)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

For those saying “they had to work so hard in PvE” I have little sympathy due to one simple fact.

If you’re good enough to win a tournament with a team may I add, then you have poured hundreds of thousands of hours together to be able to do so. You have had to build together, conquer challenges together and be able to defeat equally hard working teams.

When you think of it this way, grinding is nothing compared to the hard work and challenges associated with winning this tournament.

Stop being short sighted.

TH

Sorry but this is irrelevant. Yes they put a lot of work into being good at PvP. That work is different to the work you put into to get a legendary. The people who made it deserve it. Those who don’t make it don’t. To put it another way its value is purely based on the effort put onto it, giving these away diminishes legendary weapons.

Saying someone put a lot of work into PvP so they deserve a legendary is like saying someone put a lot of effort into medical school so they deserve a legendary.

Edit: BTW if they created a new set of legendaries for this, not the current one that would be cool

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Oh for crying out loud. I’m a PVP player and will never win these legendaries but am I going to cry about it? No! Why are you PVE players crying about this? If you think it’s that easy to win the kitten things then go join the tournament. If not, then go back to PVE and enjoy your own legendary. Nothing about this should impair your enjoyment of PVE.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I don’t see a problem with giving out a legendary to the best 5 pvpers.

Realistically a legendary is only 2-3000g and considering how long PvPers have played with almost no monetary reward I think it’s not that bad to give FIVE (not everyone!) players a nice reward.

I would also be happy to watch top pvp players smash the living daylights out of those ‘wvw roamers’ and ‘gee v gee’ types if they even attempt to try and play pvp

For the record I PvE, WvW and PvP.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Really? A legendary for winning a single tournament while others have to farm 100s of hours for one? Disgusting. Guess Anet only knows extremes with rewards, either almost nothing or precursors/legendaries lol.

sure? i doubt that it are the BEST players. only the best at mastering the crap balance from that whats left of top players.

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Actually, I’m about facing here. These things are available on the tp right now so forget what I just said. Hell, half the winners will probably list theirs shortly after winning them. So good luck to all in this competition and enjoy your legendary, or the gold… :-)

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

the top teams that will be playing in this tournament have won so many gems from tournaments they could’ve bought 3 legendaries by now. i say let’s give legendaries to 5th-8th place winners. who’s with me?

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

rip gw2 last cry for help before it wiped off the map

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Ok, as with the next patch, you probably will be able to use legendaries in PvP as wells.

So, there will be 5 pvp players who won their legendaries in a tournament and an infinite amount of players using legendaries in pvp, which where obtained via pve?

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

Giving away legendary weapons/precursors is honestly an amazing way to get people interested in pvp. This tournament is a giant leap in the right direction for anet, and it almost makes me want to come back and play in it. I would be 100% down if we had a new game mode, conquest is just so boring and I’m not sure if even legendary weapons will get 16 teams of skilled players to participate.

It may end up being one or two teams of high end pvpers (if they are still around/willing to return) vs a bunch of pve players looking to try and get legendary weapons. This type of tournament would have been absolutely amazing to have around a year ago…unfortunately it may be a bit late now. Regardless, I have to give my props to anet for coming up with these great incentives to get players interested in a competitive tournament. Bravo!

Tournament of Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Do you know approx around what hour it will be? So I know if I should ask my asian friends or it will be too late at night for them.