Trolls in sPvP

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I have an honest question for the PvP community.

Why do so many people hate trolls?

I’m pretty sure that if I were to play an online game completely void of trolls, I would hate the game with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns.

Trolls make me laugh.

Half the reason why I read the forums is in hopes that I would see a post from a really intelligent, creative and competent troll.

Now, I’m not talking about people who deliberately blow games for others, or people who make racist/bigoted comments to tear others down… not that kind of troll.

I’m talking about the really witty and clever smart alec who makes me crack up at my seat. Or the really silly guy who spouts random gibberish and behaves as if he’s mentally defective.

I love trolls.

Why do people get annoyed so easily by them?

Personally, I think a good troll adds enjoyment to any PvP match.

Thoughts?

(edited by Jasher.6580)

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

If you like trolls you should love the GW2 developers. Best I’ve seen.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

I couldn’t have done it with out you guys.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

(edited by Justin ODell.9517)

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

My daily treat is the sweet smell of nerd rage bread baking in the oven. Trolls are like butter on my gaming experience, making everything tasty and right.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

You stole my line. GW2 is a good game, but some of the things they implement I would bet money the devs are watching us rage while they rofl

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Well you have come to the right place. You may also want to check out the dungeon and wvw subforums.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Yea, au naturel!

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i made a huge fat half naked norn mesmer dude with the giant moustache,
(complete with pink slippers) just for teh lulz.

Attachments:

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

And “soon”™, you will. Congratulations!

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Not all trolls are created equal.

Creative trolls that do stuff that’s relatively original like what Liewec posted can make the experience fun and give people a laugh. I remember there was a guy who rolled this creepy looking, shirtless baby-faced male Norn engineer who placed his character right at the Mists portal with his toolkit wrench out so that as soon as you logged into the mists, he was right in the middle of your screen, staring at you, lol.

However, in my experience, there are a lot of trolls that are really just jerks who don’t have an original thought in their head.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Kryshade.6075

Kryshade.6075

I’m a troll. There’s not much that gives me greater joy then to get an angry whisper after a match from some guy raging about losing or falling for the classic trash talk. As a rule I never start the trash talk though. There’s a difference between being a troll and being a butthead.

I’m pretty sure my blocked list is something impressive. I just wish I could see it so I could show it off like a trophy!

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

I’m a troll. There’s not much that gives me greater joy then to get an angry whisper after a match from some guy raging about losing or falling for the classic trash talk. As a rule I never start the trash talk though. There’s a difference between being a troll and being a butthead.

I’m pretty sure my blocked list is something impressive. I just wish I could see it so I could show it off like a trophy!

You can see your blocked list, same as you can see your friends list, or people who have you on their friends list.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Usually trolling is defined to be someone who deliberately tries to infuriate ppl, “just because” (he can) and find it amusing. That does mean, that he initiate this act in one way or another.
OT: Yeah, I did this as well, by playing PU-mesmer – just because I was sick and tired of the annoying Hamblow-warriors. Have to admit, that it gave me some kind of lowly joy to beat horrible warriors with that build.

OP: I am not sure what kind of trolls you are hinting at, but they sure sound a lot more agreeable than the average one

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

Mark Katzbach

Community Special Operations

Because you guys are unable to have a reasonable, polite and respectful conversation with Allie regarding this matter, this thread is now closed. If you would like to respectfully ask a question or discuss a topic, please do so in a new thread.

MMmmmmmMMmmm that’s what’s up ROFL

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

Mark Katzbach

Community Special Operations

Because you guys are unable to have a reasonable, polite and respectful conversation with Allie regarding this matter, this thread is now closed. If you would like to respectfully ask a question or discuss a topic, please do so in a new thread.

MMmmmmmMMmmm that’s what’s up ROFL

“Folks, it is not appropriate to discuss Moderation and Moderation actions. If you wish to create a new thread, on-topic and polite, you are welcome to do so. We do not mind your feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do require that you are respectful to not only our staff, but to each other.”

Careful now man! We don’t want to get this response^^^^

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: pdemo.8312

pdemo.8312

Nope not closes just posted hehehehehehehe

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Who are you?

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Who are you?

Well his names not Dustin, but I think his name may be Justin

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Leafy Lass, the Bear
– a fantasy novel
by Bill Murray

In a spvp map there lived an antagonizing, joyfully bear named Leafy Lass. Not a perplexing rancid, unwelcoming spvp map, filled with maps and a numbing smell, nor yet a festering, decrepid, destitute spvp map with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a bear-spvp map, and that means pain.

One day, after a troubling visit from the clone Jasher , Leafy leaves her spvp map and sets out in search of three tiresome red circles. A quest undertaken in the company of people, asuras and flacid sylvari.

In the search for the clone-guarded red circles, Leafy Lass surprises even herself with her stealth and skill as a roamer.

During her travels, Leafy rescues a dagger, an heirloom belonging to Jasher. But when Jasher refuses to try rezzing, their friendship is over.

However, Jasher is wounded at the Battle of skyhammer and the two reconcile just before Leafy engages in some serious rezzing.

Leafy accepts one of the three tiresome red circles and returns home to her spvp map a very wealthy bear.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: BryBry.8409

BryBry.8409

WOW, the lack of respect for other players here is mind boggling. This thread should be immediately locked.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: BakiSaN.9281

BakiSaN.9281

I’ll go ahead and lock this thread ™

Sta ce biti s’ kucom!?

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Jasher.6580

I’ll go ahead and lock this thread ™

Just Lock it?
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEYMaSoXQUM

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: trampled underfoot.4523

trampled underfoot.4523

A good troll is the salt of the earth. Long live the passionate troll!

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Jasher.6580

A good troll is the salt of the earth. Long live the passionate troll!

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: trampled underfoot.4523

trampled underfoot.4523

My favourite, though unintentional I suppose; is the obligatory “gg” at the end of the match even as the game ended 501-23. It is often stated to commiserate the absolutely one sided match.

The responses one receives from the opposition (assuming you are on the winning team in this debacle) is priceless. Some of the PM’s I have received after a simple “gg” would make any troll blush.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: MostlyHarmless.6250

MostlyHarmless.6250

Sir, you made my day

Dave – Guardian/War – Quaggans Ate My Baby [OMG]
Seafarer’s Rest

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

And “soon”™, you will. Congratulations!

So good.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Rogue.8235

Rogue.8235

Pocket Ninja from fark.com. No one on these forums can even approach the masterpiece that is Pocket Ninja.

The Blind player

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Attachments:

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

All is vain.

#15Charr

Attachments:

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

My favourite, though unintentional I suppose; is the obligatory “gg” at the end of the match even as the game ended 501-23. It is often stated to commiserate the absolutely one sided match.

The responses one receives from the opposition (assuming you are on the winning team in this debacle) is priceless. Some of the PM’s I have received after a simple “gg” would make any troll blush.

Sometimes I feel a little awkward for the guy that ggs at the end of the match and nobody responds. They just leave. I see your gg and raise you kittened off silence!

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: bud.9246

bud.9246

Sometimes I feel a little awkward for the guy that ggs at the end of the match and nobody responds. They just leave. I see your gg and raise you kittened off silence!

Yea, don’t you think it’s better to let them know how kitteny they are being by saying “gg” after a 500-63/8v5 hotjoin?

As if we are all professionals acknowledging each other… lolz

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Jasher.6580

No joke… this is my theme song when PvPing. It pumps me up.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

There are trolls who are funny, and there are trolls who are complete idiots who think that are funny. Sadly the second kind greatly outnumbers the first.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Jasher.6580

There are trolls who are funny, and there are trolls who are complete idiots who think that are funny. Sadly the second kind greatly outnumbers the first.

It’s a matter of taste really, because in my opinion… the trolls that act like complete idiots are the funniest to me.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

All is vain.

The power of Blanka and a SadLittleHTFan got mighty meak to speak, and he say’s it will be all right.

this is my theme song when PvPing.

Try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ClCIXwWOg

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

Agreed. They should create a new race “Trolls” playable only for devs.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Trolls are boring,
everything is played out.
all is vain

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Trolls are boring,
everything is played out.
all is vain

Attachments:

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Taking time to troll= your game is more fun to stop and belittle and pepper other people than it is to actually play.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Jasher.6580

That article was pure gold. The funniest part is that the author was probably serious. lol

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Alright guys, if you’re just going to use this thread to attack the dev team, I’m closing it.

Thanks to those of you that posted suggestions and such.

By this decree, all thredz should be closed.

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

15soon15soon15soon15

Attachments:

Trolls in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Today showed how true this statement is…