Unhappy/Confused about Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Streaks of hollow wins and horrendous losses. That is all this is. From what I have played, seen, and read I find myself appalled by this turn of events. There is no challenge in a predetermined match. All those players that are already in the higher division didn’t EARN it, they were given to them. You have lost site of what it means to be competitive. What you have created here is the epitome of foul play. You think in a week or two from now it will be more competitive? Teams more evenly matched? This system, though, will still be the same. It will pit the worst against the best with the near same outcome. It will happen in the lower tiers and it will happen in the higher tiers and none of the players will have earned it. Hollow wins and horrendous losses is all that this season will bring.

(edited by PlagueParade.7942)

in PvP

Posted by: Hachiman.2470

Hachiman.2470

I just started this season on Saturday and didn’t lose one game until I got into the Sapphire Division. To me it seems the matchmaking is better since I was constantly going against premades in season 1. This time I haven’t seen one premade and at most the other team had 2 groups of 2. I’m just happy I don’t have to worry about going against a full premade every other game as soloq.

And btw do you know how the matchmaking system works?

Do you? What’s your point?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I didnt say matchmaking is perfect but i do believe its better than season 1. I would like ANET to see what they could do about reducing the number of blow out games though. That isnt really fun for either team.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I just started this season on Saturday and didn’t lose one game until I got into the Sapphire Division. To me it seems the matchmaking is better since I was constantly going against premades in season 1. This time I haven’t seen one premade and at most the other team had 2 groups of 2. I’m just happy I don’t have to worry about going against a full premade every other game as soloq.

Yes I do, it match HIGH MMR players against LOW MMR players. My point being the system isn’t actually perfect, even though it work for you.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Posted by: Uete.3805

Uete.3805

IMO, some of you are pretty spot on, including OP. This is how a league should work, best people rise, bad people stay at lower divisions. The more pips you are able to obtain (and maintain) the better at playing you are. That simple.

I fully agree with that, with a caveat: Some sort of pre-season matches should’ve been performed to determine where everyone should’ve been placed. That way people wouldn’t have this frustrating experience.

On the other hand I’m kinda glad those who tanked their MMR to get to legendary last season are now struggling to find good matches. That’s what you get for cheating. Besides, every time I’ve been teamed up with primordial legends we’ve lost the match, so maybe I’m a bit salty with cheaters…

in PvP

Hachiman.2470

Yes I do, it match HIGH MMR players against LOW MMR players. My point being the system isn’t actually perfect, even though it work for you.

Okay so yes I agree it isn’t perfect. I was just stating my experience but not necessarily saying the matchmaking was the best. Most games have been blowouts for me, and that is most likely because I am being matched up with other similar MMR players that fall into the same range of PIPs I have.

To me all this means is that my teams are consistently far better than the other team. Which means I am consistently better than opposing players. Eventually I will be in a division that has MMR around mine, in the same division and I will start losing more games.

Clearly Amber & Emerald did not have enough similarly skilled players which is why I went on a 20 game winning streak.

(edited by Hachiman.2470)

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Okay so yes I agree it isn’t perfect. I was just stating my experience but not necessarily saying the matchmaking was the best. Most games have been blowouts for me, and that is most likely because I am being matched up with other similar MMR players that fall into the same range of PIPs I have.

To me all this means is that my teams are consistently far better than the other team. Which means I am consistently better than opposing players. Eventually I will be in a division that has MMR around mine, in the same division and I will start losing more games.

Clearly Amber & Emerald did not which is why I went on a 20 game winning streak.

Have you conifer ed the fact that the other had no chance to win because they were full of Low MMR players. And since MMR doesn’t always equate to skills, someone who is equally skilled as you but with a low MMR could have got stuck in amber because of the system.

And btw, nice winning streak dude.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Clearly Amber & Emerald did not have enough similarly skilled players which is why I went on a 20 game winning streak.

I’ve had a 10 game losing streak followed by a 10 game winning streak. Playing the winning matches, my teammates know what to do: rotate, fight on points, not run into a 4v1. Playing the losing matches, at least 2 of my teammates have no clue. I’m holding a point solo against 3 after a minute of fighting they kill me and the other points are not decapped. Where was my team? Fighting off point and getting killed 4v2. If this MMR is working so well, why is my team composition such a dice roll.

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

I can tell why anet had to nerf the whole skill system a while back due to playerbase having low iq, based on the op of this thread.

First of all theres no need for players who are on a win streak to complain. They get put with high mmr players who fight low mmr players. Since Anet also expanded the range in the ladder who you can get teamed up with, tons of averages have been carried by this new system. Remember a few weeks ago when they expanded the ladder range in matchups? That means players gets teamed with with alot better or alot worse players than they should.

Just moments ago i teamed up with my friend which is in ruby and i faced a reaper necro which is supposed to be in ruby division, on my trap guardian. Necros basically are the counter to guardians with all that condie. Guess what, i rekt him, those kinds of players are what you will face in ruby. So amazing this new system…So many bads are where they arent supposed to be due to the system carry them.

The problem with this system is that its based on win/losses and not individual skill. Since pvp in this game is mainly based on teamplay, a random soloq can easily lose vs an organised average team. Many bads & averages also get carried by teaming up because teams →soloq aka communication → no communication.

Also matchmaking is basically like this:
Team A mmr
10, 8, 7, 6, 5
Team B
7, 7, 6, 5, 3

They with higher mmr will always be teamed together but the mmr system cant calculate how individual people have gotten their mmr. Alot of people with decent win rates are the ones who have always teamed up with other players but lack individual skill. That one necro is a good example i faced earlier who had zero skill. Hes supposed to be the counter of my class yet he sucked bananas and is in ruby division.

In this 3 second meta its impossible to carry other players unless you can kill 1vs2 and thats not likely due to this clusterferk damage that the game is influenced by now. But if OP feels better by believing that this system is an indicator of skill, be my guest.

in PvP

Hachiman.2470

Have you conifer ed the fact that the other had no chance to win because they were full of Low MMR players. And since MMR doesn’t always equate to skills, someone who is equally skilled as you but with a low MMR could have got stuck in amber because of the system.

And btw, nice winning streak dude.

Yeah so this is why I agree it’s not perfect since MMR doesn’t always = skill. However, it is still doing some things well especially in the realm of premades vs soloq which I have seen a huge difference in. I understand that one team more than likely as a team has a higher MMR I’m just not sure how big the difference is. Since these games were blowouts I would agree it’s probably big but should even out for both players in time.

in PvP

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

And not only this:

Game yesterday: 5 necros in 1 team
Today: 4 Rangers, 3 Necros in the fight after
in one Team….2-3 DH’s every match….

Great

in PvP

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

IMO, some of you are pretty spot on, including OP. This is how a league should work, best people rise, bad people stay at lower divisions. The more pips you are able to obtain (and maintain) the better at playing you are. That simple.

I fully agree with that, with a caveat: Some sort of pre-season matches should’ve been performed to determine where everyone should’ve been placed. That way people wouldn’t have this frustrating experience.

On the other hand I’m kinda glad those who tanked their MMR to get to legendary last season are now struggling to find good matches. That’s what you get for cheating. Besides, every time I’ve been teamed up with primordial legends we’ve lost the match, so maybe I’m a bit salty with cheaters…

This is exactly how league should -not- work, mate. If good players want to get to the division they feel they belong into, they should WORK for it by playing evenly matched games. They should -not- be artifficially carried by a broken system who match them against low mmr players and completely new players. As it is now many players who exploited the system and farmed their way to legendary in stronghold last season, now are carried on constant winstreaks to higher division where they DONT belong. I have lost count of the Primordial Legend’s kitten I’ve kicked around in pvp. There are many who are simply -bad-, yet they are right now carried through the ranks. Is this a fair and balanced system? Hardly.

Competitive league should be exactly THAT a competitive league for -everyone-. Right now most games a blowouts with redicilous results like 500-10 and the sort. This is no fun for anyone, trust me. I’ve been on either side. I haven’t been hitting terrible losestreaks like some people who have spoken around here. My games are more on the 50/50 side, but not a single of this games have been fun and competitive in soloq.

Fun and competitive, mate? You know the definition of those terms? Because I feel like many of you “pros”, who’s been fortunate by the system are right now simply drunk on your constant winstreaks, and you believe yourselves some pvp gods or something.
Its time to open your eyes and admit the system is a complete fail. Even a few pros has stepped up and spoken against the current matchmaking.

If Anet don’t do something about this soon I fear there will be a much sagnificant drop in the pvp and the game population as a whole. There already is a huge drop. The queue times have doubled during the first days.

So, maybe, just -maybe- its time to admit something is not right here?

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Sample is not fully representative at the moment, but it is getting closer to equilibrium with every day. I doubt that in just a couple more days you’ll still see people who report 10 consecutive blowouts and such, bar some outlier cases (eg. people who’ve had long breaks, completely new pvp players, offtime queuers and such). In fact, there is a thread with some emeralds claiming they’ve already settled.
I’d venture a wild guess that most volatility is now in upper ember and throughout most of the sapphire.

I do agree that the system will initially cause some ragequits, but such is the nature of the beast.. My suggestion to those who get frustrated and flustered is to take a break for a few more days and come back when the system fully populates its leagues.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

+1 to Freelancer

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I can’t believe the number of games I’m getting like this. I can’t claw my way out of emerald because of these people. It’s like the 7 realms of hell, I swear. I just keep sinking deeper and deeper. “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!”

So frustrating. And because I’m only emerald (primarily due to lack of play time), the few people I have played with previously (and we did well together) don’t want to group with me because they are sapphire and ruby already! Like, seriously? Come here so I can kitten slap you.

My solo q experience last season was no where near this awful.

See that’s why I think it seems off to people. If you get on a winning streak it seems to throw you with other people on winning streaks and then places you against groups of people on losing streaks together. Therefore magnifying both. People on the winning side think, its working as expected. But the issue is, as you pointed out, if you get stuck in the losing streak it gets worse and worse since it keeps dropping you into worse groups. I don’t have numbers to prove this but since others are running the same builds with different accounts and getting different results, that is tell-tale that something seems off. I am weary of spending the cash to upgrade an alt-account to test this directly for a number of reasons.

The game mode doesn’t allow a single player to carry a team so there is very little you can do. You can’t improve to the point that you can take all three points at the same time by yourself, unless you are a hacker. So you either have to hit a bottom and then get back in forward motion or forget solo queue and group with people that you have some faith in to break out of the block. Which is also why some people aren’t encountering this issue since group play mitigates the issue that I think more solo queuing people are encountering.

As far as the OP and statements that top tier people are not complaining, its because they grouped from the being and therefore bypass the random draws other get. That should have been obvious and it invalidates their opinion. Can others do the same as well, yes but some people like to achieve things solo, but in this case that might be their downfall. That doesn’t indicate that something isn’t off. It also doesn’t mean that people that get frustrated won’t play worse because they are kittened off.

But if the OP has gotten a data dump from the devs please do share so that others can also feel better about the match system and do some audits, since I have talked to people on both winning and losing streaks and its seems its a lot easier to stay on the winning side versus escape the losing one.

Good hunting.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in PvP

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Start from facts:

I don’t hear any good player complaining. They have short queue, they win, they have win streak and they go up. They’ll reach quicker the higher division. And this is good because best players deserve to be in the higher divisions.

I hear a lot of complaining from other players category. Basically the reason is always the same, I get matched with bad player qq I can’t carry them, I’ll quit GW2, GW2 matchmaking is terrible, etc. etc. I’m pretty sure this category of players do always the same mistakes like other players they like to blame.

If I’m wrong just record some “cantcarrythem” games and upload them on youtube and we really see if it’s only your team mates fault or there is “something else”.

The truth is that this matchamking is showing what is your real level and it’s saying “dude, you’re not good enough to carry enough games to go out from amber or emerald. You need to improve”

That’s all, some bad game can happen to everyone but if you are in a super long loss streak well I’m sorry but it’s not only a matchmaking fault.

I know many players like the fact they could reach legendary division in the last season, fighting only subpar players but honestly the old matchmaking was really terrible, punishing high skilled players because they moved a lower rate than bad players.

Good players have thousand of hours spent in spvp trying to improve their gameplay, a PVE player can’t pretend to have the same progression than a good pvp player.

You need to work on it like other players did.

This is supposed to be a competitive environment. If you want to go up, you need to be better.

Putting a number by everyone’s name shows the truth of how little it takes everyone to degrade down into either complete elite kittens, regarding people with lower numbers with disdain almost bordering on subhuman or a whiner, pointing at any external factor as the reason why they have been inappropriately branded with their scarlet letter.

This is how it’s going to be when people now walk around with either a crown to be proud of and brag about or a brand marking their pleb status for everyone to see right next to their name tag. Welcome to the new GW2 PvP.

(And what did it take me to degrade down into a cycnical kitten? 3 years of Anet development.)

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

Anyone on either side of this argument is simply speculating. We have only a statement as to how match making was “supposed” to work for this season, and not a single concrete fact or data actually proving something (that isn’t simply user testimony).

There are two major problems I see:

- Many player’s were carried, abused group queue, or abused Stronghold comps to progress to a rank/tier in which they don’t belong in (I’ve seen some god awful “primordial legend players” in my ruby games). This essentially can create the illusion that player’s on average think they’re much better than they truly are.

- The second issue is that there is no form of placement matching or system. This is mandatory for a healthy pvp population, both low end and high. Players hate to be farmed, and generally I’ve seen most above average players bored out of their mind farming blowout games.

I completely understand why player’s are unhappy, but since hitting ruby games are progressively getting both harder and much more enjoyable to play; my ruby games this season are tougher than games I had in diamond and legendary in S1. I really do believe this system functions better, but due to the two issues above a lot of players are unhappy.

It is also sad to see so many complaint threads about match making, and only seeing one thread on occasion asking for help on how to improve. I think a lot of players should stop and think about what may be causing these losing streaks rather than coming to the forums and generally posting non cohesive complaints about match making with no collective data to prove a thing.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Anyone on either side of this argument is simply speculating. We have only a statement as to how match making was “supposed” to work for this season, and not a single concrete fact or data actually proving something (that isn’t simply user testimony).

- Many player’s were carried, abused group queue, or abused Stronghold comps to progress to a rank/tier in which they don’t belong in (I’ve seen some god awful “primordial legend players” in my ruby games). This essentially can create the illusion that player’s on average think they’re much better than they truly are.

- The second issue is that there is no form of placement matching or system. This is mandatory for a healthy pvp population, both low end and high. Players hate to be farmed, and generally I’ve seen most above average players bored out of their mind farming blowout games.

I completely understand why player’s are unhappy, but since hitting ruby games are progressively getting both harder and much more enjoyable to play; my ruby games this season are tougher than games I had in diamond and legendary in S1. I really do believe this system functions better, but due to the two issues above a lot of players are unhappy.

It is also sad to see so many complaint threads about match making, and only seeing one thread on occasion asking for help on how to improve. I think a lot of players should stop and think about what may be causing these losing streaks rather than coming to the forums and generally posting non cohesive complaints about match making with no collective data to prove a thing.

Have you read this thread?? What else are you looking for?? It’s written in black and white below, they group player with similar MMR together and match them against other player with MMR different from them.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Upcoming-Changes-for-PvP-League-Season-2/first

So you can get 9 vs 5 or 5 vs 9, or 5 vs 5 instead of getting 5 vs 5 all the time, which lol,Dota or any competitive gane out there has.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i beat a guy in ruby in duel
he ask me why im emerald, i say i got no luck

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Because duel does not equal conquest skill? Whoever was that guy you dueled doesn’t know PvP much. I lose most of my 1v1 against better revenants and necros but I still win my matches through rotation and map awareness.

You can be the best 1v1 custom arena in the world but still suck at conquest. All other team has to do is match you against a bunker or simply outnumber you

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: Susu.9261

Susu.9261

Solo. Paired with the same 3 groups of randoms for the last 3 hours against 5 member premade teams with clearly high skills on rank1… wtf..

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Because duel does not equal conquest skill? Whoever was that guy you dueled doesn’t know PvP much. I lose most of my 1v1 against better revenants and necros but I still win my matches through rotation and map awareness.

You can be the best 1v1 custom arena in the world but still suck at conquest. All other team has to do is match you against a bunker or simply outnumber you

and thus, u need luck to get good teammates in pug
#puglife

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Have you read this thread?? What else are you looking for?? It’s written in black and white below, they group player with similar MMR together and match them against other player with MMR different from them.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Upcoming-Changes-for-PvP-League-Season-2/first

So you can get 9 vs 5 or 5 vs 9, or 5 vs 5 instead of getting 5 vs 5 all the time, which lol,Dota or any competitive gane out there has.

LIE may be you should read again

This means that you’ll generally get paired with and against players in your division that are of similar skill levels.

in PvP

AegisFLCL.7623

Anet stated the S2 system was designed for better player’s to progress quicker. It has been 6 days, not everyone has 8 hours a day to play, and not all of the top players will have progressed out of low ranks/tiers.

At the same time you try to make an example out of the maybe 20-30 threads in the PvP section complaining about match making, as if it somehow represents the entire PvP player base. Mind you at the very least I can assume there are 5000-10000 players who have attempted PvP, you do the math on the percent that those 20-30 (maybe 100 reports when including the fact that people are posting in other players threads) out of 5000 or 10000 players. That doesn’t even break 2% (100/5000 best case) of the total population with such a low assumption on player base size!!!! 2%!

Not a single person but Anet has enough data to say whether or not the current system is working better. That’s not to say it doesn’t have it’s faults; which in my opinion the biggest offender here is not having a form of placement matching similar to League.

Unless Anet decides to come forward and give us that data, everything is speculation. 100 players complaining means nothing in the grand scheme, sorry but it is true.

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Most of the people complaining about the matchmaking seem to want everone to have their own personal reward track to legendary. The arguments like “the pros should have to face other pros from the start” or “good players shouldnt be farming win streaks at the expense of bad players” are just bullkitten.
The system isnt pairing rubys against ambers, its matching you with people in the same division, if your losing consistently in low divisions, im sorry, but your not as good as you think you are.
What do you expect? For the system to match bad players against other bad players in their own seperate “baddie mmr” matchmaking all the way to legendary while ACTUAL good players instead have to face ACTUAL good players to get to legendary?
The league divisions does not scale according to your PERSONAL mmr, its the same for everyone. The players in each respective division will be there because they won against the players in the previous divisions, its not like anet is just giving “pros” free pips when they queue, the people still have to PLAY the match and WIN, and they do, against players in their same division.
If your still struggling to get out of amber/emerald at this point, its not just “bad matchmaking luck” its probably you.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

This means that you’ll generally get paired with and against players in your division that are of similar skill levels.

And how do you get pair with player with and against players in your divison that are similar level skills when everyone start in amber? Enlighten me.

To dumb it down for you, how will Anet be able to make 5 vs 5 when everyone 1, 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 and 10 Starr in the same division, and 5 are group together with 5 and match against X???
I’ll wait.

Edit: in order to avoid this back and forth you do release that throughout the league you have a 10% chance of having a 5 vs 5, right??

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I wrote this last week and will write it again. The way the MMR match making works…

Its “Better to be Lucky than Good”

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

AegisFLCL.7623

And how do you get pair with player with and against players in your divison that are similar level skills when everyone start in amber? Enlighten me.

To dumb it down for you, how will Anet be able to make 5 vs 5 when everyone 1, 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 and 10 Starr in the same division, and 5 are group together with 5 and match against X???
I’ll wait.

Edit: in order to avoid this back and forth you do release that throughout the league you have a 10% chance of having a 5 vs 5, right??

Without knowing the mmr of all the players in the game you have no way to figure out the percent chance to win. Better players will account for more influence on the match whereas worse players will likely be a detriment. You cannot flat out say a single player accounts for 10% because skill levels are different. Stop digging yourself further into a whole you cannot factually argue out of.

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Start from facts:

I don’t hear any good player complaining. They have short queue, they win, they have win streak and they go up. They’ll reach quicker the higher division. And this is good because best players deserve to be in the higher divisions.

I hear a lot of complaining from other players category. Basically the reason is always the same, I get matched with bad player qq I can’t carry them, I’ll quit GW2, GW2 matchmaking is terrible, etc. etc. I’m pretty sure this category of players do always the same mistakes like other players they like to blame.

If I’m wrong just record some “cantcarrythem” games and upload them on youtube and we really see if it’s only your team mates fault or there is “something else”.

The truth is that this matchamking is showing what is your real level and it’s saying “dude, you’re not good enough to carry enough games to go out from amber or emerald. You need to improve”

That’s all, some bad game can happen to everyone but if you are in a super long loss streak well I’m sorry but it’s not only a matchmaking fault.

I know many players like the fact they could reach legendary division in the last season, fighting only subpar players but honestly the old matchmaking was really terrible, punishing high skilled players because they moved a lower rate than bad players.

Good players have thousand of hours spent in spvp trying to improve their gameplay, a PVE player can’t pretend to have the same progression than a good pvp player.

You need to work on it like other players did.

This is supposed to be a competitive environment. If you want to go up, you need to be better.

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Lol. You obviously have not yet hit your losing streak. You don’t understand the coding mechanics.

If, by any chance, you hit a losing streak, either because you are not as good as you think you are, or you have met your top limit match, or your teammates dc due to lag/power failure/work gotta go, etc., or they are afk (like if you get a stomp after first cap and score is 50 v 10 and they think you cant recover so they go afk), or your teammates are new and don’t play much so they are not actually as good as you are but they have a higher mmr cuz they never play and they actually don’t have any idea how to play or win, or they think if they score the most points in the game or kill the most people that is the point so they don’t suck, even though you lost, or you lost and its only one game right? Well you get the idea. It could also be that you get stomped by a pro team, tho mostly they have moved on and that only happened to the unfortunate few who jumped on the bandwagon early on and played alot.

Here’s my advice: Just don’t let your mmr win/loss drop below 50% – that’s when the bad stuff happens. That’s usually a 10 game losing streak. It might be because you’ve hit your skill limit. But it might not be (as in examples above).

Remember, your personal mmr is not calculated only using your own skill level, it is also reflective of every single teammate you played with in every game. If you lost because of a bad player on your team, or some unfortunate occurrence like lag or dc, well then, you lose, and that adjusts your personal mmr down. Have you met your true skill level match? Maybe. Maybe not.

However, once you get about a 10 game losing streak, for whatever reasons, and your mmr or win/loss ratio drops below the magic 50% range, the game is coded so that you will only win 33% of the time, and your opponents are coded to win (those on a winning streak) 66% of the time. So pray it doesn’t happen to you.

People are getting stuck at different levels. Well, is that reflective of their skill level? Maybe. Maybe not. But once stuck, that’s it. You’re basically there forever.

So good luck. Ride your win wave as long as you can. But watch out, cuz its coming at you.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

I’ll wait.

Without knowing the mmr of all the players in the game you have no way to figure out the percent chance to win. Better players will account for more influence on the match whereas worse players will likely be a detriment. You cannot flat out say a single player accounts for 10% because skill levels are different. Stop digging yourself further into a whole you cannot factually argue out of.

So, do you agree with me then? You said “Better player account more influence on the match whereas worse players will be a detriment”. Eh I AGREEE, and since MMR doesn’t always equate to skills, using your own words, you d agree with me that a goo player with a kittenty MMR, has a 75% chance of losing his game since the system will always match him with other low MMR players.

It’s true I don’t know the MMR range of every players, but my point still stand; few are those who get 5 vs 5 games. I mean how hard is it to get?? And as the time goes by? A Low MMR player will get out of amber/ emerald only to get farm by the people above him,why?? Because the system will group folks above him, due to their MMR, and match those folks against him. And guess who will be this low player teammates? ?

Any system which matches folks against X is faulty, that’s the take home point here.

in PvP

AegisFLCL.7623

I’ll wait.

So, do you agree with me then? You said “Better player account more influence on the match whereas worse players will be a detriment”. Eh I AGREEE, and since MMR doesn’t always equate to skills, using your own words, you d agree with me that a goo player with a kittenty MMR, has a 75% chance of losing his game since the system will always match him with other low MMR players.

It’s true I don’t know the MMR range of every players, but my point still stand; few are those who get 5 vs 5 games. I mean how hard is it to get?? And as the time goes by? A Low MMR player will get out of amber/ emerald only to get farm by the people above him,why?? Because the system will group folks above him, due to their MMR, and match those folks against him. And guess who will be this low player teammates? ?

Any system which matches folks against X is faulty, that’s the take home point here.

No I’m not agreeing or supporting what you said. I’m simply pointing out how you can not apply blanket statistics when there are too many unknown factors and then try and weasel it through as a fact to support your agenda.

Teams are made based on similar MMR, while the two teams MMR may differ from one to the next, that fact is irrelevant as the system is designed for more skilled players (higher MMR) to progress through ranks faster. You, myself, and no one else has not a clue what their actual MMR is, therefor you cannot use MMR to argue anything but the teammates you have on your team.

Let’s put it this way…

Let’s play Life. Team 1 is full of 5 year olds, low MMR players, or in this case players with very little life experience. Team 2 is full of 80 year olds, high MMR players, or in this case players with a lot of life experience. They play a match consisting of how to get through school, work at a job, pay taxes, handle relationships, and so on.

It is quite obvious that team 2 will be more successful and therefor win, advancing on in the ladder. Team 2 has now scored 16 pips and team 1 has 0, these two teams will never face each other again unless the pip differential drops to 15 or below. As a result team 1 now has a better chance of playing a team closer to their MMR level. This process will repeat until player skill has been distributed throughout the ladder as it should…

I do not see what is so hard to understand about how the new system works. It is far more accurate at determining a distribution of players based on skill than the first season system was. I do have two comments however, the first being that the pip differential should be less than 15, maybe 10 or 8 when matching teams, and also that we need a placement system at the beginning of the season.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

What are those confounding factors?? And I know corrolation don’t also prove causation but still.

Using your example again, since this is life. You have at least or 5 section, so it’s not black and white. So what are the chance of 5 years old against adolescent or young adult or adult or mid forties??? Are you seeing the picture I am painting? ? One side is always favored against another. And as life goes on, the 5 year old might ended accomplishing NOTHING , since life in this case is only two month long.

And you just called the MM system IRRELEVANT, so the system on which the entirely league is build is IRRELEVANT? ?

Well, there is nothing to be said.

in PvP

AegisFLCL.7623

What are those confounding factors?? And I know corrolation don’t also prove causation but still.

Using your example again, since this is life. You have at least or 5 section, so it’s not black and white. So what are the chance of 5 years old against adolescent or young adult or adult or mid forties??? Are you seeing the picture I am painting? ? One side is always favored against another. And as life goes on, the 5 year old might ended accomplishing NOTHING , since life in this case is only two month long.

And you just called the MM system IRRELEVANT, so the system on which the entirely league is build is IRRELEVANT? ?

Well, there is nothing to be said.

Stop being thick headed and take some time to comprehend what I posted. Every conclusion you came to after ignoring to read most of what I posted is wrong; your desire to argue seems to outweigh making sense of what I posted.

in PvP

Posted by: Nekster.2657

Nekster.2657

Idk for me its not that good.. Stuck in sapphire
get 2 wins and then lose 2 games… Thats how its going for me last 2 days, cant move at all
Blue hell got me

in PvP

Salamander.2504

Can people stop saying that getting into one loss streak tanks your MMR and results in a downward spiral? It’s just not true. It will only do this if you have a very small sample size of ranked games already (i.e., close to zero), in which case the player in question is very inexperienced. If I have 1000 ranked games, losing 20 in a row is not going to make a dent in my MMR. Conversely, winning 20 games in a row is not going to substantially boost my MMR.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

I’ll wait.

No I’m not agreeing or supporting what you said. I’m simply pointing out how you can not apply blanket statistics when there are too many unknown factors and then try and weasel it through as a fact to support your agenda.

hence my “what are those confounding factors”

Teams are made based on similar MMR, while the two teams MMR may differ from one to the next, that fact is irrelevant as the system is designed for more skilled players (higher MMR) to progress through ranks faster. You, myself, and no one else has not a clue what their actual MMR is, therefor you cannot use MMR to argue anything but the teammates you have on your team.

hence my if the MM system is irrevelant because high player have to climb faster. There matching 10 against 5 is ok, then we have nothing to discuss

Let’s put it this way…

Let’s play Life. Team 1 is full of 5 year olds, low MMR players, or in this case players with very little life experience. Team 2 is full of 80 year olds, high MMR players, or in this case players with a lot of life experience. They play a match consisting of how to get through school, work at a job, pay taxes, handle relationships, and so on.

It is quite obvious that* team 2 will be more successful and therefor win, advancing on in the ladder. Team 2 has now scored 16 pips and team 1 has 0, these two teams will never face each* other again unless the pip differential drops to 15 or below. As a result team 1 now has a better chance of playing a team closer to their MMR level. This process will repeat until player skill has been distributed throughout the ladder as it should…

hence my example about 16 or 25 years ol who are still in the same range kitten year old

I do not see what is so hard to understand about how the new system works. It is far more accurate at determining a distribution of players based on skill than the first season system was.I do have two comments however, the first being that the pip differential should be less than 15, maybe 10 or 8 when matching teams, and also that we need a placement system at the beginning of the season.

Oh grouping 5 years old and matching them against 60 years old is an accurate representation of the skills/ intelligence of those two group because you cant have a dumb 60 years. And also the 5 years will be so thrilled getting stomped by 80 40 25 and 18 years old.

I am afraid you are suffering from a case of amnesia since all you are doing is avoiding my question/answers and jumping to others. You have yet to respond my first question. And I’ll rest my case, there is no need to argue against someone who is suffering from one sidedNess or Cleary refuse to see the bigger picture.

in PvP

AegisFLCL.7623

Oh grouping 5 years old and matching them against 60 years old is an accurate representation of the skills/ intelligence of those two group because you cant have a dumb 60 years. And also the 5 years will be so thrilled getting stomped by 80 40 25 and 18 years old.

I am afraid you are suffering from a case of amnesia since all you are doing is avoiding my question/answers and jumping to others. You have yet to respond my first question. And I’ll rest my case, there is no need to argue against someone who is suffering from one sidedNess or Cleary refuse to see the bigger picture.

When you start a season in which players of all skill levels will be matched against one another, good players will be matched against bad players, this is exactly the example I gave you. As the season progresses the ladder will flush out and players will settle into their skill level. There’s really not much else to it, you’re simply complaining and arguing to complain and argue.

in PvP

Posted by: Sardath.8524

Sardath.8524

Most of the people complaining about the matchmaking seem to want everone to have their own personal reward track to legendary. The arguments like “the pros should have to face other pros from the start” or “good players shouldnt be farming win streaks at the expense of bad players” are just bullkitten.
The system isnt pairing rubys against ambers, its matching you with people in the same division, if your losing consistently in low divisions, im sorry, but your not as good as you think you are.
What do you expect? For the system to match bad players against other bad players in their own seperate “baddie mmr” matchmaking all the way to legendary while ACTUAL good players instead have to face ACTUAL good players to get to legendary?
The league divisions does not scale according to your PERSONAL mmr, its the same for everyone. The players in each respective division will be there because they won against the players in the previous divisions, its not like anet is just giving “pros” free pips when they queue, the people still have to PLAY the match and WIN, and they do, against players in their same division.
If your still struggling to get out of amber/emerald at this point, its not just “bad matchmaking luck” its probably you.

This guy gets it.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

This guy gets it.

This guy DOES NOT get it.

I am in EMERALD and I have a team of AMBERS. This tells me that the entire existence of the league and pip system is ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT. It’s just there to give the ILLUSION of competition. It is the matchmaking that governs this whole thing.

If I am EMERALD I should have teams of EMERALD ONLY. PERIOD. Supposedly that’s how it’s advertised to work right? But it doesn’t….

in PvP

Salamander.2504

This guy gets it.

I am in EMERALD and I have a team of AMBERS. This tells me that the entire existence of the league and pip system is ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT. It’s just there to give the ILLUSION of competition. It is the matchmaking that governs this whole thing.

If I am EMERALD I should have teams of EMERALD ONLY. PERIOD. Supposedly that’s how it’s advertised to work right? But it doesn’t….

Dude, just no. Your pip range of teammates is +/- 15 pips (common knowledge/as advertised), so the reason your getting ambers on your team is either: (1) your tier is extremely low in emerald; or (2) you are getting queued with a team that has an emerald paired with ambers. In this case, the ambers on your team are being placed in your division because they are partied with an emerald (common knowledge/as advertised).

P.S. That guy does get it.

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Idk for me its not that good.. Stuck in sapphire
get 2 wins and then lose 2 games… Thats how its going for me last 2 days, cant move at all
Blue hell got me

Same stuff on Emerald, I win 2 times and then kitten happens, I get paired with bad players and people stacking Scrapper/Reapers on the other side…

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

This guy gets it.

Dude, just no. Your pip range of teammates is +/- 15 pips (common knowledge/as advertised), so the reason your getting ambers on your team is either: (1) your tier is extremely low in emerald; or (2) you are getting queued with a team that has an emerald paired with ambers. In this case, the ambers on your team are being placed in your division because they are partied with an emerald (common knowledge/as advertised).

Premades, pipsrange doesn’t mean much when matchmaking winstreak system governs this whole thing.

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Streaks of hollow wins and horrendous losses. That is all this is. From what I have played, seen, and read I find myself appalled by this turn of events. There is no challenge in a predetermined match. All those players that are already in the higher division didn’t EARN it, they were given to them. You have lost site of what it means to be competitive. What you have created here is the epitome of foul play. You think in a week or two from now it will be more competitive? Teams more evenly matched? This system, though, will still be the same. It will pit the worst against the best with the near same outcome. It will happen in the lower tiers and it will happen in the higher tiers and none of the players will have earned it. Hollow wins and horrendous losses is all that this season will bring.

Put another FAILED pvp season on the board!

in PvP

Salamander.2504

This guy gets it.

Premades, pipsrange doesn’t mean much when matchmaking winstreak system governs this whole thing.

Then why are you upset that you get ambers on your team?

in PvP

Posted by: melcor.1094

melcor.1094

Believe in your story bro, i guess you guys are one of the lucky win strike guys like me, but you just wanna think so hard, that it means something. Actually a system that punish newbies and also lot of good player that hard and that long and a system that has as only solution to just stop playing for few more days to not ruin the mmr more and more in a self-fulfilling prophecy system isn`t a good system. It don`t give me a good feeling and sure not a pro feeling to win and i also feel sorry for the good player i see get doomed with 3-4 pve heroes in team just because of some mmr no one really know the math about. And when the system don`t allow good ppl to improve the mmr on their real skill level in a short 2 month period then it is also not skillbased. There is something wrong, believe it or not and the solution cannot be that ppl have to stop to participate for days/weeks to fix it! This argument is so incredible selfish and can only come from the lucky side of the drama.

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

Solo. Paired with the same 3 groups of randoms for the last 3 hours against 5 member premade teams with clearly high skills on rank1… wtf..

It’s not just the matchmaking and league system that’s the problem, it’s also THE SAME OLD LACK OF SOLO QUEUE problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

This guy gets it.

Incorrect. New players are given an average rated MMR so if you are Average you will be matched with new players. So matchmaking is throwing average players and new players together on a team (because they share the same MMR) and then getting placed against teams that are +/- 15 pips. So, the issue at the moment is that the average team MMR is not actually pairing people with the same MMR as explained by Evan. So the expectation that you, as an average MMR player, will be matched with like minded or experienced PvP’ers is not true. So the expectations that people are being matched with like minded pvp’ers is mistaken. Now, all those average people have to adapt to a lower team rating than they were used to. I would say that it’s a valid complaint. Now that average players have a handicap, you add on that you are facing worse or better opponents is further different than unranked or season one matchmaking and it makes for more salt.

What I have been reading across all these forum posts is that people with higher and top MMR don’t see that the issues they have last season of carrying lower tiered players to legend is impacting average players this season. If you didn’t like having to carry lower MMR people last season then you should have some sympathy for average players this season who have to do the same thing.

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

This guy gets it.

Then why are you upset that you get ambers on your team?

I’m not upset about the ambers, I’m upset about the SYSTEM.

in PvP

Salamander.2504

This guy gets it.

Incorrect. New players are given an average rated MMR so if you are Average you will be matched with new players. So matchmaking is throwing average players and new players together on a team (because they share the same MMR) and then getting placed against teams that are +/- 15 pips. So, the issue at the moment is that the average team MMR is not actually pairing people with the same MMR as explained by Evan. So the expectation that you, as an average MMR player, will be matched with like minded or experienced PvP’ers is not true. So the expectations that people are being matched with like minded pvp’ers is mistaken. Now, all those average people have to adapt to a lower team rating than they were used to. I would say that it’s a valid complaint. Now that average players have a handicap, you add on that you are facing worse or better opponents is further different than unranked or season one matchmaking and it makes for more salt.

What I have been reading across all these forum posts is that people with higher and top MMR don’t see that the issues they have last season of carrying lower tiered players to legend is impacting average players this season. If you didn’t like having to carry lower MMR people last season then you should have some sympathy for average players this season who have to do the same thing.

This is very well said, and brings up a good point that’s been raised before: new players shouldn’t start with an average MMR. Fixing this minor detail (with perhaps major consequences) could potentially make the current ranked system fun for all.