Unpinning Eternal Coliseum in Unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

Hey folks!

Just a quick note. Sometime today, we’ll be unpinning Eternal Coliseum from Unranked map selection.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Yessssss. Yessssss. Good.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

If you make any achiefments for any map, pleas do the unpinning thing as well, and thank you! Very much! Unranked became an alternative again

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

hi!
Not to bother, but could you dropp skyhammer from ranked rotation if you are already there? It isn’t really grown up to the task yet :S

(edited by MadVisions.4529)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

hi!
Not to bother, but could you mistakely unpin skyhammer from ranked rotation? It isn’t really grown up to the task yet :S

Skyhammer isn’t pinned in ranked. It’s a potential option but it’s not pinned.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

Skyhammer isn’t pinned in ranked. It’s a potential option but it’s not pinned.

edited post so you can’t misunderstand on purpose, no matter how hard you try.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Whats with you people wanting to play the same vanilla maps forever, some of us love Coliseum. The more new maps the better.

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Hey folks!

Just a quick note. Sometime today, we’ll be unpinning Eternal Coliseum from Unranked map selection.

Another note: This doesn’t mean the map is pulled from rotation. It now just won’t always be one of the maps available to be voted on.

in PvP

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

My partner and me still hv to finish the ap.. just want to check when will the ap for this going to be locked? We are currently trying to max our ap for the prof win for year of ascension part IV.. I need 3more prof to max xD
Cheers

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Any update on when the capricorn achievements will be made available again?

in PvP

Posted by: Konakona.4130

Konakona.4130

My partner and me still hv to finish the ap.. just want to check when will the ap for this going to be locked?

they said achievements will stay. and capricorn achievements will return too. lame “everyone should be winners” policy tho, maybe they can just give everyone all the achievements already unlocked and done and that’s it.

about main topic – tyvm.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Hey folks!

Another note: This doesn’t mean the map is pulled from rotation. It now just won’t always be one of the maps available to be voted on.

are the achievements still do-able ?

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

My partner and me still hv to finish the ap.. just want to check when will the ap for this going to be locked?

they said achievements will stay. and capricorn achievements will return too. lame “everyone should be winners” policy tho, maybe they can just give everyone all the achievements already unlocked and done and that’s it.

about main topic – tyvm.

The capricorn achievements were not handled very well initially. Most ppl didn’t even know there was an expiration date. And capri was dropped in the game on a time when you wanted to do ranked instead of those achis. The entire situation was poorly handled.

The same mistake was not repeated with Coliseum however, and when these achis go away, I hope it will be permanent.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

If you make any achiefments for any map, pleas do the unpinning thing as well, and thank you! Very much! Unranked became an alternative again

That’s awfully selfish if the achievements are temporary and it gives the devs better feedback if everyone plays the new maps a lot. The people that insist on always playing the old maps are the reason why pvp hasn’t progressed in 4yrs!

If the achievements really are temporary there’s no sense making the map random at all, let alone not being pinned! You are making winning 25games take over 200 from 60 initially (Assume you win 50% and 20% of votes don’t pick that map, chances of getting the wanted map less now when unpinned). How is that good for anyone?

To appease the people that are stuck in their ways and want to only play the deadend old maps make them use a separate queue, all are satisfied that way. Yes you could say the coliseum was pinned for a long time but not everyone was here that duration for various reasons, do not be selfish and let people have a choice! Am sure people have been tempted to or actually do quit matches if they don’t get the beta map, that just harms the game for everyone so some sense with map choices! No one wants to play something they don’t want to, overall best to separate beta maps or just don’t give them achievements. That’s a cheap way to exploit people to beta test them unpaid.

Would help if the search function works here, had to dig for this thread and won’t bother to find others that officially state Coliseum achievements are permanent, will take your word for it.

The capricorn achievements were not handled very well initially. Most ppl didn’t even know there was an expiration date. And capri was dropped in the game on a time when you wanted to do ranked instead of those achis. The entire situation was poorly handled.

The same mistake was not repeated with Coliseum however, and when these achis go away, I hope it will be permanent.

I agree they were handled badly as with all events in the game, they should just write when the event ends INGAME instead of people needing to check the forum. Also yes they have a nasty habit of dumping events together, ranked pvp and festivals. Not to mention Halloween 2015 and the HoT release. It leads to a more broken game and more hotfixes needed, divided interest for the events too… Chaos.

(edited by Yifang.8260)

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

about main topic – tyvm.

It’s not “everyone should be winners”, it’s “everyone should have the same opportunity”.

Bringing the achievements back doesn’t take away from the effort needed to actually get them. Exclusivity doesn’t make it any more special than it is.