Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Condispam engi and necro will be next in list. It feels like all condi builds need to be toned down a lot, too much damage for stacking a single stat.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: jefferson.8317

jefferson.8317

Condispam engi and necro will be next in list. It feels like all condi builds need to be toned down a lot, too much damage for stacking a single stat.

The only problem with these builds is conquest mode. Really don’t know how to fix that either.

Jasx

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

QQ kids won… Be ready to get nerfs, im gonna join QQ train bc its easier to whine and nerf everything into ground than adapt..

Wow… I for one have never seen such outrage on forums about one particular class. Don’t get me wrong, not every thread was accurate but the complaints were consistent and, in general, I think they were pretty much right.

It baffles me when people just dig in their heels and point-blank refuse to see what is in front of them.

What is ironic is how you are moaning about people adapting yet it seems you are refusing to do this yourself before you even know what the changes are. Ironic.

I also like how the drama queens have started – “A nerf?! OH NO WE ARE GOING TO BE FREE KILLS NOW!!”

Nah they weren’t right…..it’s warcraft mentality, or just not adapting at all. If you can’t beat the warrior structure mainly for pvp then make a complaint. That seems to be the norm of every pvp mmo now & days. The complainers think X class are OP because they haven’t found any new ways to beat them nor they want to take the time.

Of course the developers will say anything to keep their (customers happy) why even bother arguing back? That’s a no brainer.

Nobody likes being CC, but no one else told you to chase down the warrior either thinking they’re free kills. Bring back up next time or does that hurts your ego?

Which is why I said that not every forum post yelling for a warrior nerf was right, but you have just gone ahead and made a generalisation. You also have a massive sweeping statement in there that the only reason a nerf is incoming is because people haven’t found ways to beat them and don’t want to spend the time trying – also grossly innaccurate.

As for, “Nobody likes being CC, but no one else told you to chase down the warrior either thinking they’re free kills. Bring back up next time or does that hurts your ego?” I have no idea what you are saying here – sorry.

I’ve been doing pvp for a long time usually when the underdog class gets something good. Everyone that doesn’t plays it and gets defeated by its new features. A uproar starts up on the forums, but mainly due to 1 vs 1 more so than teams.

If the underdog class can now beat multiple of opponents by themselves due to the new features it received then yes it should be toned down. Not because of duels or wrong team setup.

My last statement is about players with egos because they were used to owning the underdog for a long time (still do) by themselves due to great survivability or outsmarting them. However those players with a ego has a challenge now because of the features the underdog received recently. They don’t like that they’re being pressured by something they can beat without a required partner or group. So they get frustrated, use vulgar words and go on to the forums and hope their complaint gets through…..which succeeded anyway.

Trust me it’s an adapting issue because they aren’t use to it yet nor want to take the time to counter it and they don’t want support to back them up. They will ignore their team members support just to get that kill and say that they (owned you).

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Warriors are pretty strong right now, but will be seeing changes in an upcoming patch.

We like how they can be tanky, and we like how they can do DPS if they want. We also like the CC they can bring. We just don’t like them doing it all with 1 build.

And Necros? They’re the reason for the Warriors’ absurd condition resistance right now, aren’t they? They’re as much an imbalance in this meta as Warriors are.

Just as a single Warrior build should not have access to chain stun, high damage, and great tanking ability, no single Necro build should have access to chain fear, high condition damage, and great tanking ability. They’re in the same boat.

good point.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Warriors are pretty strong right now, but will be seeing changes in an upcoming patch.

We like how they can be tanky, and we like how they can do DPS if they want. We also like the CC they can bring. We just don’t like them doing it all with 1 build.

And Necros? They’re the reason for the Warriors’ absurd condition resistance right now, aren’t they? They’re as much an imbalance in this meta as Warriors are.

Just as a single Warrior build should not have access to chain stun, high damage, and great tanking ability, no single Necro build should have access to chain fear, high condition damage, and great tanking ability. They’re in the same boat.

good point.

This can go both ways with teleport break stuns and stealth. So many counters in this game yet no one acknowledges it or chooses not to.

Pineapples

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

it’s kinda funny cause once warriors get nerfed, necros/sd thief/spirit ranger(potentially) will be getting qqed about, mesmer damage needs nerfing too, elementalist damage(arcane/airburst) could probably be reduced too. In turn you need to reduce guardian survivability. The joys of balance.

Imo just keep the fixes and “re-roll” the balance to pre-pax state (pre-necro patch), and then start working from there by reducing mesmer GS damage, reduce the effectiveness of stealth. Fix spirits, add some small tweaks in warriors and so on…

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

it’s kinda funny cause once warriors get nerfed, necros/sd thief/spirit ranger(potentially) will be getting qqed about, mesmer damage needs nerfing too, elementalist damage(arcane/airburst) could probably be reduced too. In turn you need to reduce guardian survivability. The joys of balance.

this is my fear.
it feels like every other patch there were so much new faults implemented – a dev could not even know where to start…
the community pointed out every issue, but the issues overtook the development (and they all are hidden in the depth of this forum)

im really curious where the next step (in balance) is heading.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I feel like the only reasonable fixes would be to just slightly modify the behavior of certain skills and traits that lower the damage a bit without totally destroying the build.

Earthshaker applies the stun before the damage. This means that not only does it gain the damage increase from Merciless Hammer, it also gains the +50% crit chance from Unsuspecting Foe. Let’s also not forget that Burst Mastery also increases the damage applied. Having the damage apply before the stun means that only the attacks following the stun deal that bonus damage consistently. Backbreaker is on a 25 second cooldown and have a very obvious animation, so having it hit hard isn’t unreasonable.

The same change could also be applied to Skull Crack, you aren’t reducing the overall effectiveness of the weapon, just reducing the overall DPS. Being able to have a lot of CC is something unique to Warrior and shouldn’t be nerfed. Keep in mind that even with Soldiers Ammy the survival of both the Skull Cracker and HamBow builds is less than that of a Guardian, so it stands to reason that they should at least have the ability to deal a bit more damage than them. Guardian Hammer also has plenty of CC, so why would you take a Warrior if they had less survival and around the same DPS?

I do not think Unsuspecting Foe should be moved up, it would make it a worthless trait. In the Master tier and up it would force you to spec into a trait line that focuses on Condition damage. Why would you force players using CC weapons into that line when the trait is pretty much a must have. If it really must be changed it should be moved into the power line, have the +crit chance reduced (maybe to 25%), but in return it should apply to all control attacks. It would still reduce the overall DPS but would still be useful, not to mention it could encourage the use use of physical utility skills because Physical Training is in the same line. It could also make Rampage worth taking as well. It could make a build like this potentially viable (replace Restoritive Strength with the suggested move and changes to UF).

Seems like a decent middle ground, you reduce the amount of DPS from burst skills but still allow the builds to remain viable, removing them from play is not balance.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I can’t understand that the warrior guys cry about incoming nerfs. I play Engineer and we got 4 nerfs in a row and we still here. I am sure Anet will not nerf them to the ground.

They aren’t used to nerfs I guess. They don’t seem to understand just how good they have it either. Being a solid class pick (debatably the number 1 class pick) across all modes is something most classes can only dream about.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

5 Warrior teams in “top tier” matches… why am I still playing this game?

I start liking PvP after a few rounds. Then the cheaters come out to play. Then I remember why I do not sPvP regularly. The same exploitable bugs are in WvW. I cannot get away from them, but at least WvW is big enough to make me feel like I can. Tonight I submitted a buf report for some thief exploiting the downed stealth. That won’t get fixed. It’s a feature now. The unfinishable thief, on sale now. Why do the classes with the unkillable downed state bug have to be the hardest to defeat for my crippled Ele? The warrior has that bug where the stomp gets interrupted perpetually.

Warrior is not the old D\D ele because even the OP ele had to press dozens of buttons but the current warrior only uses 3 .

and not only that, the old D/D ele would be ashamed of today’s warrior, old D/D today would be balanced among all the other OP stuff in the game.

Wrong. The Old D/D ele would still be OP today. I think you forget how many nerfs it has received.

It was never OP. Remember, Eles had to go against Eles back then, too. I started six characters soon after release. The Ele I played the most. Yes, I did go d/d Ele. Yes, mainhand dagger was stronger than scepter is now. Eles had more conditions, double the healing, double the direct damage on some very important skills, quicker cooldowns, etc. Healing signet for Ele was as good as the warrior one. Many good players avoided Arcana, and went full zerker gear. Ele was balanced enough that most Eles did not care about d/d because staff was so versatile. It used to be exciting to run into a d/d on any class I played because I knew it well. I knew it was easy to counter. Most of the time the d/d Ele would teleport away. Their strength was is the aggressive and quick-paced action. The confidence of players was easily shaken back then. Not now. Things are so out of whack now because of the way we d/d Eles attacked player confidence in the beginning. My Ele in PvP tonight got hit for 10.5k in one shot by a warrior, yet my total Health is less than 14k. Another warrior I was fighting (who runs around most the time to make a joke out of the class) had already gotten my Health to 9.5k That second warrior teleported to me and finished me off with an instant damage skill like a thief would. It is insanity. There was zero thought about balance to get GW2 where it is now.

I agree, D/D is not OP. I can only solo 10 players, OP is when I solo 20 players.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

QQ kids won… Be ready to get nerfs, im gonna join QQ train bc its easier to whine and nerf everything into ground than adapt..

Wow… I for one have never seen such outrage on forums about one particular class. Don’t get me wrong, not every thread was accurate but the complaints were consistent and, in general, I think they were pretty much right.

It baffles me when people just dig in their heels and point-blank refuse to see what is in front of them.

What is ironic is how you are moaning about people adapting yet it seems you are refusing to do this yourself before you even know what the changes are. Ironic.

I also like how the drama queens have started – “A nerf?! OH NO WE ARE GOING TO BE FREE KILLS NOW!!”

Nah they weren’t right…..it’s warcraft mentality, or just not adapting at all. If you can’t beat the warrior structure mainly for pvp then make a complaint. That seems to be the norm of every pvp mmo now & days. The complainers think X class are OP because they haven’t found any new ways to beat them nor they want to take the time.

Of course the developers will say anything to keep their (customers happy) why even bother arguing back? That’s a no brainer.

Nobody likes being CC, but no one else told you to chase down the warrior either thinking they’re free kills. Bring back up next time or does that hurts your ego?

Which is why I said that not every forum post yelling for a warrior nerf was right, but you have just gone ahead and made a generalisation. You also have a massive sweeping statement in there that the only reason a nerf is incoming is because people haven’t found ways to beat them and don’t want to spend the time trying – also grossly innaccurate.

As for, “Nobody likes being CC, but no one else told you to chase down the warrior either thinking they’re free kills. Bring back up next time or does that hurts your ego?” I have no idea what you are saying here – sorry.

I’ve been doing pvp for a long time usually when the underdog class gets something good. Everyone that doesn’t plays it and gets defeated by its new features. A uproar starts up on the forums, but mainly due to 1 vs 1 more so than teams.

If the underdog class can now beat multiple of opponents by themselves due to the new features it received then yes it should be toned down. Not because of duels or wrong team setup.

My last statement is about players with egos because they were used to owning the underdog for a long time (still do) by themselves due to great survivability or outsmarting them. However those players with a ego has a challenge now because of the features the underdog received recently. They don’t like that they’re being pressured by something they can beat without a required partner or group. So they get frustrated, use vulgar words and go on to the forums and hope their complaint gets through…..which succeeded anyway.

Trust me it’s an adapting issue because they aren’t use to it yet nor want to take the time to counter it and they don’t want support to back them up. They will ignore their team members support just to get that kill and say that they (owned you).

Aaah right – I see what you mean by your last comment now. Yes, I fully agree with you, that is a common factor. When someone is used to going, “ah! warrior, easy kill” then get spanked, they don’t like it.

While I am a strong supporter of them needing a nerf, I don’t want to see them nerfed into the ground – that won’t help anyone. I think the word ‘nerf’ has far too many negative connotations attached to it. I think they just need a little bit of tweaking and they will be fine: not a 100% nerf. The hope is that this is managed by the developers.

My personal experience is that they are just too strong at the minute – especially in terms of the ease with which they can be played. Now, I’m not putting down ANYONE who plays a warrior well here. Ele’s for example – most of the time, they aren’t a problem but every now and then, one will wipe the floor with me and, fair play, that’s obviously someone who knows how to play it.

I try and be fair in what I say, I hope that comes across. I just hate totally unrealistic arguments – for and against any point.

NOTE: I’m not an uber pro PvP player but I’m not a super noob either…

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It’s interesting how elementalists have a weaker version of Unsuspecting Foe at grandmaster tier, and how that trait has smaller synergy with the class than UF has with Warrior. If one is going to be touched, maybe it would be a good time to revise the other, too. But then again, warrior’s have gotten Dogged March too, which pretty much reads, “This is the elementalist’s Geomancer’s Freedom trait, except with added regeneration and at a lower tier!”

Of course, this wouldn’t be a first. Nor a second. Elementalists have been stuck with burning precision, an outdated burning-on-critical trait compared to the engineers’ version, which was already superior by the game’s launch and gor further updated in a patch, and even necromancers traitline got an overhaul for the sake of getting the engie’s version of that trait with Dhummfire! Necromancers, for god’s sake! Out of all the professions in this game to get better burning traits than none other but the fire elementalist, they choose Necromancers! I know eles were strong at that time, but we’re talking about a bad traitline no ele used.

This also reminds me that Renewing Stamina was one of the last vigor-on-critical traits to ever be updated.

It would be nice if Anet didn’t forget to update our traits every time they decide to make a better version of them for other professions! Maybe water/ earth bunkers or burning-sustain builds could be viable by now if we weren’t stuck to beta-version prototypes.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

It’s interesting how elementalists have a weaker version of Unsuspecting Foe at grandmaster tier, and how that trait has smaller synergy with the class than UF has with Warrior. If one is going to be touched, maybe it would be a good time to revise the other, too. But then again, warrior’s have gotten Dogged March too, which pretty much reads, “This is the elementalist’s Geomancer’s Freedom trait, except with added regeneration and at a lower tier!”

Of course, this wouldn’t be a first. Nor a second. Elementalists have been stuck with burning precision, an outdated burning-on-critical trait compared to the engineers’ version, which was already superior by the game’s launch and gor further updated in a patch, and even necromancers traitline got an overhaul for the sake of getting the engie’s version of that trait with Dhummfire! Necromancers, for god’s sake! Out of all the professions in this game to get better burning traits than none other but the fire elementalist, they choose Necromancers! I know eles were strong at that time, but we’re talking about a bad traitline no ele used.

This also reminds me that Renewing Stamina was one of the last vigor-on-critical traits to ever be updated.

It would be nice if Anet didn’t forget to update our traits every time they decide to make a better version of them for other professions! Maybe water/ earth bunkers or burning-sustain builds could be viable by now if we weren’t stuck to beta-version prototypes.

This feels like the hundredth time I have had to say this…

You cannot directly compare traits from 2 different classes.

There are tens of other factors to take into account, such as health, armor, boons, skills, class mechanics, and more.

Just an angry old man…

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

There are tens of other factors to take into account, such as health, armor, boons, skills, class mechanics, and more.

Oh, I am aware of that. There’s a reason why Dhummfire is at grandmaster tier and is half as effective as the engie’s version.

But we’re talking about underpowered traits here that are left rotting. If better versions for them are being made to other professions, wouldn’t it be fair to take that opportunity to update the already-existing prototypes, even if the changes aren’t exactly the same?

That being said, I can’t imagine an elementalist to be too strong with a master tier Dogged March or an adept tier Incediary Powder. In fact, I’d say that it would give them exactly what they need.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

NEEEEEEEEERRFFFF
Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Oh, I am aware of that. There’s a reason why Dhummfire is at grandmaster tier and is half as effective as the engie’s version.

But we’re talking about underpowered traits here that are left rotting. If better versions for them are being made to other professions, wouldn’t it be fair to take that opportunity to update the already-existing prototypes, even if the changes aren’t exactly the same?

That being said, I can’t imagine an elementalist to be too strong with a master tier Dogged March or an adept tier Incediary Powder. In fact, I’d say that it would give them exactly what they need.

Take the Remorseless trait for Rangers and the Hidden Killer trait for Thieves. Do effectively the same thing in the exact same manner. No one in their right mind would ever choose Remorseless. I’d be cool with putting a 1500 yard backstab on the longbow attack as a ‘from stealth’ move though.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

Take the Remorseless trait for Rangers and the Hidden Killer trait for Thieves. Do effectively the same thing in the exact same manner. No one in their right mind would ever choose Remorseless. I’d be cool with putting a 1500 yard backstab on the longbow attack as a ‘from stealth’ move though.

Certainly, but stealth is not equally available across all professions. Critical chance is. And eles like resistance to conditions like immobilize as much as warriors do.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Lost a 1 vs 1 to a mesmer, necromancer, thief, and a spirit ranger today on my op hambow warrior. Glad it’s getting nerfed. To strong against new players.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

Lost a 1 vs 1 to a mesmer, necromancer, thief, and a spirit ranger today on my op hambow warrior. Glad it’s getting nerfed. To strong against new players.

Warrior was a one trick pony a WHOLE Year. Atm he is in a good place. Against a well played Mesmer, Ranger or Necrotic – maybe a Enginer – you´ll never have a chance. If you run a tanky build, you´ll die over time. If you run a DPS-build you die by conditions or mechanic. BUT NOW you have a chance !!!

This is flame WARS II !

Warrior is NOW in the right place. The other professions was much to strong, yeah, overbuffed a WHOLE year.

Sorry for my bad english!

(edited by Miko.5726)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

People will say that you lose because you are bad. Get ready for them.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

sigh when you do this can something be done about every other top tier class?

Everything just needs to be brought in line with current Ele/Mesmer/Guardian.

IMHO – when something is done about condi there will be more options over all that could be even better without unnecessary nerfs to an almost in line profession. Shave warrior after. At the very least it’s fair.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

I agree that several classes need more build diversity, or just a build in general in the case of Ele. I have a feeling ANet is going to pick another class now that they are pleased with Warrior and focus on improving them.

It’s a slow way of doing things, but it’s better than trying to do all the classes at once.

Just an angry old man…

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

I feel like the only reasonable fixes would be to just slightly modify the behavior of certain skills and traits that lower the damage a bit without totally destroying the build.

Earthshaker applies the stun before the damage. This means that not only does it gain the damage increase from Merciless Hammer, it also gains the +50% crit chance from Unsuspecting Foe. Let’s also not forget that Burst Mastery also increases the damage applied. Having the damage apply before the stun means that only the attacks following the stun deal that bonus damage consistently. Backbreaker is on a 25 second cooldown and have a very obvious animation, so having it hit hard isn’t unreasonable.

The same change could also be applied to Skull Crack, you aren’t reducing the overall effectiveness of the weapon, just reducing the overall DPS. Being able to have a lot of CC is something unique to Warrior and shouldn’t be nerfed. Keep in mind that even with Soldiers Ammy the survival of both the Skull Cracker and HamBow builds is less than that of a Guardian, so it stands to reason that they should at least have the ability to deal a bit more damage than them. Guardian Hammer also has plenty of CC, so why would you take a Warrior if they had less survival and around the same DPS?

I do not think Unsuspecting Foe should be moved up, it would make it a worthless trait. In the Master tier and up it would force you to spec into a trait line that focuses on Condition damage. Why would you force players using CC weapons into that line when the trait is pretty much a must have. If it really must be changed it should be moved into the power line, have the +crit chance reduced (maybe to 25%), but in return it should apply to all control attacks. It would still reduce the overall DPS but would still be useful, not to mention it could encourage the use use of physical utility skills because Physical Training is in the same line. It could also make Rampage worth taking as well. It could make a build like this potentially viable (replace Restoritive Strength with the suggested move and changes to UF).

Seems like a decent middle ground, you reduce the amount of DPS from burst skills but still allow the builds to remain viable, removing them from play is not balance.

The issues are healing signet and berserker’s stance.

I hope the PvP balance team does not fall into this trap of going round and round with traits to fix problems created by BUFFS rolled out just months earlier. Suck it up and tone down the buffs, don’t start nerfing stuff that has been fine on the class since release.

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

^This
Best part about necro is that you use stability to prevent him from chain CCing you you can’t because he just corrupt your stability and you’re feared again. Or that engineer just outheals your dps and dumping every condition on you. Or that ranger with 3 spirit running around not op at all whats soever.
People are just absolutely whiny right now because everyone is going condition builds left and right and warriors carrying berserker stance have a “chance” at beating them as right now I’m seeing players unload all their condition damage on me when I use it.

Anyways good job guys, A-Net should just return warrior back to post quickness nerf where Ranger pets are highly more desirable than warriors themselves in every game mode except CoF P1 speedruns.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

means we need to wait 1 month until u fix it? how long do u need to get that insight? im wonder why the last patch had no balance? wasnt urgent enough?

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Why is everyone aiming their pitchforks at HS and BS?

HS is only worth using with soldiers gear due to the higher health pool and increased toughness. With Berserker gear Healing Surge is more useful.

Warriors has most of these trait and buffs before the healing and were still not viable. Their healing has to be good because they lack Protection, Stealth, Clones, etc.

Just an angry old man…

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Why is everyone aiming their pitchforks at HS and BS?

HS is only worth using with soldiers gear due to the higher health pool and increased toughness. With Berserker gear Healing Surge is more useful.

Warriors has most of these trait and buffs before the healing and were still not viable. Their healing has to be good because they lack Protection, Stealth, Clones, etc.

I don’t believe I’ve seen a single warrior use healing surge since the healing signet buff. And my perspective on your statement in regards to the lack of protection, stealth and clones…..is warrior has a higher health pool and armor.

Guardian has protection to make up for low health, they do share the same armor as Warrior.

Mesmer has clones and Stealth to make up for having the lowest armor in the game but mid tier health.

Thief has stealth to make up for low lier health and med armor.

So there is some sort of balance there. Its just not that they didn’t give warrior those tools for no reason, if they had then something would have to give. Either warrior’s armor or health.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

By what he said, they are mostly going to move traits around.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

All i see now is warriors trying to keep there character from being balanced.

If you are afraid of a balance before it even happens , isn’t that a sign that you kinda knew something was unbalanced about it ?

Warriors defend there class by saying people are to lazy to adept. But +-70% of wars just started playing warrior once it became clear it had OP balance issues……( coudn’t adept on the character you where playing before warrior ? )

And to all those wars saying they’ll be worthless again once nerfed i got 1 word: ADEPT :P

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

A mesmer don´t need high armor. And the GS is still the best weapon in game. So pls NERF!!11

The problem is, warrior is NOW viable and the whiny community cry for help because they play only the 1 year old builds.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I think people think that the Warrior nerf will make it so they can kill Warriors again like they used to. I don’t think that’s going to happen, so be prepared to deal with it.

Plus, I wouldn’t mind having a reason to mix my build up a bit, though it probably will be just a little.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Uncle Shags.9017

Uncle Shags.9017

Ok, so being able to perform 3 functions well is too much. So how do you plan on implementing this? Are all classes going to be affected? There are many, many builds that currently excel at 3 things at once.

Uncle Shags: The Barely Competent

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Trego.6182

Trego.6182

Attachments:

There are things that are beautiful , because one cannot obtain them.
There is neither Shadow nor Light, only Gray remains.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Ok, so being able to perform 3 functions well is too much. So how do you plan on implementing this? Are all classes going to be affected? There are many, many builds that currently excel at 3 things at once.

I don’t think it’s the number 3 that’s the key. It’s the specific 3 that were mentioned.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Enginer with there mobility

i lol’d.

I am a teef
:)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

A mesmer don´t need high armor. And the GS is still the best weapon in game. So pls NERF!!11

The problem is, warrior is NOW viable and the whiny community cry for help because they play only the 1 year old builds.

erm the problem is that the warrior has no risk at all atm. he can have it all:cc,healing,toughness and power.
why are u even attacking the mesmer right now.yes in spvp we are a tough opponent, but we do have risks.
u wanna do condi=u have no power
u wanna be tough= u have no power, but u can have condi
u wanna have power= u are pure glass and have very little health

yes a a mesmer needs armor and toughness as spvp and wvw is not split and the current meta prevents us to go full berserk. but honestly please nerf all the clones and phantasms right away anet, so we can at least get buffs n other areas where we need them. i’d like a complete rework of our clkitten ai,less shatter, less rng based condis, so we can get at least 1 really strong wvw build which we lack atm!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Can someone link the build site for this old OP ele? I did my own thing back then and don’t know what it was that made them so powerful.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Let them nerf/balance the warrior. Warriors will adapt and their cookie cutter builds will change and become something else of a monster, then the public will continue to whine about how strong warriors are and suggest more nerfs. Or maybe, just a thought, Anet can bring other classes up to warrior level and create whole new metas.

Your tears fuel me.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: techjunkey.8253

techjunkey.8253

Can someone link the build site for this old OP ele? I did my own thing back then and don’t know what it was that made them so powerful.

The builds were usually based around 30 water, 30 arcane. Evasive arcana was more effective at both damage and healing (counted as a blast finisher) than now. Cantrips were stun breakers. Mobility on daggers was excellent.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Guide-Mastering-S-D-in-t-sPVP-OUTDATED

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Rufy.6093

erm the problem is that the warrior has no risk at all atm. he can have it all:cc,healing,toughness and power.
why are u even attacking the mesmer right now.yes in spvp we are a tough opponent, but we do have risks.
u wanna do condi=u have no power
u wanna be tough= u have no power, but u can have condi
u wanna have power= u are pure glass and have very little health

yes a a mesmer needs armor and toughness as spvp and wvw is not split and the current meta prevents us to go full berserk. but honestly please nerf all the clones and phantasms right away anet, so we can at least get buffs n other areas where we need them. i’d like a complete rework of our clkitten ai,less shatter, less rng based condis, so we can get at least 1 really strong wvw build which we lack atm!

As a mesmer playing through the recent meta I can say mesmer does not need toughness and armor. That’s why they have stealth and ports. Zerker actually does quite decent still. I have lost to a few warriors myself but have found counters to them on my mesmer. They do not need a nerf and s/d thiefs are more of a pain in the ….. then anything else at the moment imo.

(edited by Rufy.6093)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Hope the nerf applies to PVP only.
This is what I absolutely hate about MMOs. The constant changes to classes and powers after you become comfortable with a particular style of play.

And it isn’t always something being “overpowered”. It’s like changing the size and shape of the ball in the middle of a football game.

No. Warrior has always been OP in PvE. That is fine though. The problem is that these nerfs need to apply to WvW as well. Warrior is broken there.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’d loooooove to know another class that can DPS, heal, and CC like a warrior.

Besides, there are only two classes that are OP right now…. warrior and necro. Those need the changes.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Rufy.6093

This is what I absolutely hate about MMOs. The constant changes to classes and powers after you become comfortable with a particular style of play.

And it isn’t always something being “overpowered”. It’s like changing the size and shape of the ball in the middle of a football game.

No. Warrior has always been OP in PvE.

Obviously..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/41s-all-ranger-lupi-fw-post-source-DnT/first#post3126156

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

In other words, confirmed war is OP.

You guys take so long to realize stuff. All you had to do was play the 10/30/30 Hammer Longbow build. Just play it. It’s not hard.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

You guys take so long to realize stuff. All you had to do was play the 10/30/30 Hammer Longbow build. Just play it. It’s not hard.

funny or perhaps sad thing: he didnt mentioned the condition beasts.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

No. Warrior has always been OP in PvE. That is fine though. The problem is that these nerfs need to apply to WvW as well. Warrior is broken there.

Why the kitten you say warrior is OP in pve ? Did you see another game where the only thing you need to stack for pve is dps ? Here all you need to do is spam dps all day long on targets that STAY STILL ,ofcourse 100 blades is OP for that .Most pve players in gw2 wouldnìt even make it to lvl 10 in another basic mmo imho.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

funny or perhaps sad thing: he didnt mentioned the condition beasts.

Funny or perhaps you can name me any other class except guardian that is not a condition beast too?That’s because condition is beast by itself has nothing to do with class.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

Not sure if warrior would have such a high representation in high lvl pvp without hammer/longbow weapon set. Those 2 weapons always land on something in the teamfight to proc cleansing ire. If warrior would use different weapons it might not be op at all.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Confession Bear: As a long time ele player I hope they are nerfed to ele status. That way I will at least be able to have fair duels with someone other than other eles or thiefs.

People like you are the real problem on the forums these days.

" I feel my class is underpowered and in a bad spot so instead of making a constructive thread about how it could be improved I’ll just be happy that another class is getting ruined".

Except they’ve ignored more than 12 months of constructive feedback, brainstorming and bug reports on our subforum, how’s that gonna help?

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}