What about nerfing turrets ?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

1. Stop trolling.
2. You should not try to kill a turret.
3. Please stop the turret engi hate, NOTHING OP about it.

GEZUS…

The only alternative to complaining about every other build being OP is admitting that they personally aren’t very good. Which is more likely? And i mean this on a broader scale, not even just the OP.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

1. Stop trolling.
2. You should not try to kill a turret.
3. Please stop the turret engi hate, NOTHING OP about it.

GEZUS…

The only alternative to complaining about every other build being OP is admitting that they personally aren’t very good. Which is more likely? And i mean this on a broader scale, not even just the OP.

Exactly. I main Engi (have used MANY variants) and the moment I tried Mesmer, I noticed that thieves OBLITERATE me, that does NOT make them OP. I quickly realized that Thieves are their hard counter, because I never had thief issues with my Engi. Its just about standing back at looking at it objectively.

Instead, people kitten and rage all the time instead of UPSKILLING themselves.
Hellsbells PvP is challenging! See things as I need to get better, I need to be able to counter this, its not SUPPOSED to be a walkover. Not to mention that people complain about EVERY class.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Get one of them longbow rangers. The thread above this one says they are op.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Josh.5839

Josh.5839

they’re garbage in serious ranked matches and they’re nuisance in pug games. they serve no purpose besides trolling.

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Third one today! The kitten is REAL!

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Josh.5839

i cant enjoy a casual game without a turret engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I like how some peoples reactions to a build are COMPLETELY REMOVE IT.

in PvP

Josh.5839

I like how some peoples reactions to a build are COMPLETELY REMOVE IT.

dude i have no trouble killing a turret engi on most builds/classes, but it takes too long and teammates dont know

ruins a quick game for me

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

plus it’s boring, but no reason to remove it. it’s more or less a free win

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: manarchon.2089

manarchon.2089

My last match playing turret engi was splendid. I capped close in Foefire, then when no one was coming to cap it so I joined the fight at mid.

I placed rifle and rocket turret on the ledge up the stairs. From there they shot to the cap circle, took out the turrets of enemy turret engi who didn´t have the trait that gives 1500 range and also shot to the route the enemy was running to mid point from their spawn.

I then placed flame turret to the edge of the point and dropped crate on the mid of teamfight and joined myself kiting and cc:ing ppl.

My rifle and rocket turrets where there the whole match killing everything xD. Nobody tried to take them out, they just ran into the cap point to fight from 2 directions or ran away.

This is why ppl complain about turret engis. Instead of trying to destroy whatever is killing them they run to fire and do nothing to stop it, and die there. Like in a warfare you´d have a machine gun nest, sniper or enemy tank shooting at you from fixed location and you`d do nothing to destroy it but just run into fire endlessly dying as a result.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Get one of them longbow rangers. The thread above this one says they are op.

But I thought perma stealth thieves were OP?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Hah. I just tried a turret engi to see what the fuss was about. A power ranger was able to take down a thumper, rifle and rocket turret all in the space of about 30 seconds with hardly any damage to him. Even the supply crate was no issue.
I see no issue with turret engis.

So the faceroll class can kill the turrret from 1500 feet so theres no issue? Unfortunatley Us Melee classes don’t have Barrage, Rapid shot spam.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Hah. I just tried a turret engi to see what the fuss was about. A power ranger was able to take down a thumper, rifle and rocket turret all in the space of about 30 seconds with hardly any damage to him. Even the supply crate was no issue.

So the faceroll class can kill the turrret from 1500 feet so theres no issue? Unfortunatley Us Melee classes don’t have Barrage, Rapid shot spam.

And since when did any single build have to be countered by every other build in the game? Hey, let’s also remove all the blocks on dps guardians, they are currently OP because thieves have trouble killing them.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

There are 5 separate turret engi threads on the first page alone.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Shieldbash.5304

And since when did any single build have to be countered by every other build in the game? Hey, let’s also remove all the blocks on dps guardians, they are currently OP because thieves have trouble killing them.

I have a hard time killing them as a Warrior too! They have cc immunity, Condition Immunity, and better Damage mitigtaion then I do!

in PvP

Posted by: Dravyn.4671

Dravyn.4671

This just makes me want to take my turret engi into pvp more often.

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Turret engi is skillfull

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

ooh. this thread needs more salt

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

9 at the moment of me writing this. Today is a big day for the turrets!

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Prysin.8542

9 at the moment of me writing this. Today is a big day for the turrets!

somebody must have used traited supply crate more then once.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Complaining to get everything but what you play is skillful.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Turret engi is skillfull

Pfft you didn’t even post this on my thread. Amateur troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

turrets should be affected by condi dmg and crits

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Wrong.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Crits sure, but condis just wouldn’t make sense so there’s no way they would implement that (bleeding turrets ftw?). I guess one might argue that the engi itself is already weak to condition damage.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I think at least Burning could work on turrets and in general on structure.

Confusion would be fun like a malfunction debuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Anet have an elitist balancing attitude. They won’t balance stuff unless it is played by the 30ish people who play this game on a serious 5v5 level with teamspeak and everything.

It is why they removed solo queue imo. Also why they wont fix turret engi. I used to think you should balance all games from the top, but I have progressed from that narrow mind set. Anet should achieve balance at all levels of play. As such, turret engi should be nerfed alot. If its not “viable” in their beloved esports scene then it shouldn’t matter to nerf it for the rest of us right?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

They have hit MM multiple times, both buffs and nerfs, so no saying they only balance for competitive is completely false, since MM has never been played in a remotely competitive game.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Because burning really needs to be stronger, right?

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

At this point they should just nerf turrets so bad players can stop complaining!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

I don’t know why they don’t just scale turret stats with your own stats. One of the issues is they can afford to go full tank and still get maximum turret damage/

in PvP

Shieldbash.5304

If you ask me annoying =/= op, and low skill floor isn’t a reason to hurt build diversity. Everyone is going to have some build they hate and if everyone got their way we’d all be fighting with sticks. And eventually those would get nerfed too. Honestly, its a real problem when a community complain about lack of diversity then attacks every build they can, even if they know they’re already not a highly competitive build, they just “don’t like it” or its “too easy”. Just my two cents… Its a bit pathetic.

~ Don’t play turret engy.

I haven’t seen anyone attack the build! They / we complain the Turrets are to good!

They should do less damage or

They need to have less damage mitigation or

They need to be effected by Conditions and cc like other pets.

Right now they are really effective, hard to kill, and uneffected by Conditions and CC. Its a bit to much meanwhile the Engy doesn’t just stand there watching hes good too!

(edited by Shieldbash.5304)

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

If you ask me annoying =/= op, and low skill floor isn’t a reason to hurt build diversity. Everyone is going to have some build they hate and if everyone got their way we’d all be fighting with sticks. And eventually those would get nerfed too. Honestly, its a real problem when a community complain about lack of diversity then attacks every build they can, even if they know they’re already not a highly competitive build, they just “don’t like it” or its “too easy”. Just my two cents… Its a bit pathetic.

~ Don’t play turret engy.

I haven’t seen anyone attack the build! They / we complain the Turrets are to good!

They should do less damage or

They need to have less damage mitigation or

They need to be effected by Conditions and cc like other pets.

Right now they are really effective, hard to kill, and uneffected by Conditions and CC. Its a bit to much meanwhile the Engy doesn’t just stand there watching hes good too!

You mean Condi’s and crits right? You want to CC a turret? I don’t even…. If you could fear/ stun/ daze/ knockdown something on point, you would choose the turret over the Engi?

Let’s just keep it at crits. Personally don’t have a prob with turret Engi’s and was just here reading the QQ when I saw this wild CC request.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

My question is, what are people willing to give turret engineers for their losses? I bring this up because I know people are bad and don’t give two kittens about diversity, different play styles, or balance. They lose and instantly hate it.

Turret engies have simplicity and potent area denial.

They also have, for weaknesses, terrible map coverage, mobility, defenses, lack of evades/blocks, no weapon swap, condition clear, so forth. They are literally good for ONE thing, and they aren’t even high rank “viable”, so why on earth would it need to be nerfed?

I’m willing to be its a mix of two things. One being sheer ignorance. Having seen a lot of random QQ posts in my time, people rarely know anything about the mechanics of other classes/build. Secondly, in this case especially, AI. People can’t fathom basic facts that pet builds in this game (or any) are perfectly valid options, as they should be. All pet builds have TERRIBLE defenses and mobility and generally are worthless without their pets. They work with their pets to ensure maximum potential. Turrets and minions are part of a thing called area denial and they have to be able to survive basic Aoe just to be able to function.

Nerf the turrets protection to Crits/conditions, it won’t “bring them in line”, they’re already not high tier. So while we’re complaining about a low tier build, we’re asking crutches. As soon as the asked for nerf went though, turrets would vanish, all because ignorance and refusal to learn.

Might as well make everyone an axe/warrior+riffle zerker warrior and have everyone go at it since it’s about the only thing people will be able to wrap their heads around.

Side note: Pet builds have passive damage and low defenses, so they have to pace their defenses to survive. Burst builds focus on damage and rely on just as “easy” defenses such as evades, blocks, aegis, high cleansing and so on so they can attack. They’re different play styles with different goals. That’s great for the game. The only time AI is “op” is when a new player allows full pet uptime on them. That’s not a reason to call for something to be “unviable”. People need to learn to take different perspectives and above all, learn to play before complaining.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I killed 2 turret engys at the same time with my condi ranger. Rune of the krait, shortbow/axe warhon. Axe warhorn bleeding on switch and psn on next 3 attacks. Pick what ever for shortbow. Fire trap/sharpening stones/I go burst speed here your choice though/ and entangle.

traits 2-0-6-1-5, Im sick of hearing everyone complain about turret engys. I admit i cant beat them on my thief or mesmer but if anyone would like ill share my pvp builds which i beat turret engys with.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Anet have an elitist balancing attitude. They won’t balance stuff unless it is played by the 30ish people who play this game on a serious 5v5 level with teamspeak and everything.

It is why they removed solo queue imo. Also why they wont fix turret engi. I used to think you should balance all games from the top, but I have progressed from that narrow mind set. Anet should achieve balance at all levels of play. As such, turret engi should be nerfed alot. If its not “viable” in their beloved esports scene then it shouldn’t matter to nerf it for the rest of us right?

I dont think they should change a build when most people find it easily beatable. If you find stance warrior op because you want to run a bunker mesmer should they change stance warrior? I will say if the team make up isnt right you wont win but if im in a premade and your in a premade and my team sees you got 2 turret engys. Where going grab 2 rangers, 1LB and 1sb with a thief to fight them off points with our bunker guardian and cele ele. My team is going to win since the lb ranger can hit you and you cant touch him. You dont have enough condi removal to beat a condi ranger and the thief catching you off points.

I hear alot of people from EU form teams all the time and they find NA laughable for not finding people to play with. That was what helseth said to blu on a stream they had. I dont know either way but my point is it isnt op in 1 vs 1 or in 5 vs 5.

Hero Battle Tactics vs The Abjured

Hero battle tactics ran 2 turret engys, watch what happened to them

in PvP

Posted by: Marthindon.6429

Marthindon.6429

Let’s put it out there – people rage against turret engi for two reasons:
1. Their own preferred class/build struggles against turrets (or they dont play well enough)
2. They’re envious that others appear to be getting away with putting in less effort and skill than they are and getting a better result.

Turret engi is so limited as a build is laughable to call it OP. Honestly.

The answer to the turret engi is simple – it’s all about the team.
1. Turrets suck as team members because they lack the ability to rotate off their points. Oh the helplessness of sitting on home unable to help at mid because you’ll have no weapons if you leave your turrets.
2. Let classes on your team who are hard counters to turrets go and drop them.
3. Turrets cant retake points as easily as they can hold them. Once they’ve lost it you can mess with them. Engaging them off point when returning from spawn is a win.

I play several classes/builds and turret engi is by far the least amount of work and the least useful. If I have a low MMR team with me I’ll play it just for the cheese mode. On a high MMR team I don’t even consider bringing it.

It’s seriously just a LTP and learn to work as a team with adaptive tactics kinda issue.

(edited by Marthindon.6429)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

I’m not sure threads should be done in this style….
It’s ok to not like a build but lets create a constructive
and somewhat positive thread on how to handle the build.

Maybe some tips and advice on how to counter?
Alternative builds for engineers to run?

Constructive feedback for anet to handle more than one metabuild within a match.

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I’m not sure threads should be done in this style….
It’s ok to not like a build but lets create a constructive
and somewhat positive thread on how to handle the build.

Maybe some tips and advice on how to counter?
Alternative builds for engineers to run?

Constructive feedback for anet to handle more than one metabuild within a match.

Constructive Feedback on turrets:

• Even if not traited once Anet “fixed” them they became way too easy mode. Traits that increase the damage of a certain aspect of a class should also never be in that classes Toughness/healing power line.
  • One turret engi is okay to deal with in a match when you start to come across multiple in a match the amount of CC is ridiculous and the range on the turrets.
  • In a want to be competitive game AI builds should never be seen as even close to viable, (and yes people do see it as viable.)

Proposed Fixes:

• Make the turrets do more damage trait in a different trait line.
  • If the engineer is “X” amount away from the turrets the turrets do not attack a target until the engineer attacks the target.
  • Lastly institute a policy that prevents more than one player of the same class per team per match.
Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

More turret engs please… just not on my team. It’s a pretty fail build.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

they’re garbage in serious ranked matches and they’re nuisance in pug games. they serve no purpose besides trolling.

Could not agree more, they do not belong in the game at all. It just brings the game as a whole down when there’s a spec that’s 95% passive uncontrolled pet damage.

We should be encouraging the devs to remove it to increase the skill cap of the game and make the game better.

Specs like this encourage bad habits and behaviors from players who play these type of specs.

It’s not that they’re overpowered, or strong, they’re just…not fun to play against. Things that are not fun to play against will just make players quit. Video games are about having fun.

in PvP

Prysin.8542

Those who claim AI builds should never be meta or even a thing must realize that such a thing would require Ranger and Mesmer to be permanently disabled in PvP. Why? Both are designed around AI usage, dealing damage with AI and empowering the AI.

Changing the profession’s themselves so they no longer do damage using AI would be so hopelessly impossible to do without breaking them in every mode that disabling them would be the only cost efficient and user friendly solution.

AI is not the problem. People’s perception of skill, most notably their own skill, is the coreproblem.
That AI got less then 1/10,000,000 of your intelligence, yet you struggle to outsmart it.
Think, plan, execute plan. If you cannot think or make up a plan, ask someone else to do it for you

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

Those who claim AI builds should never be meta or even a thing must realize that such a thing would require Ranger and Mesmer to be permanently disabled in PvP. Why? Both are designed around AI usage, dealing damage with AI and empowering the AI.

Changing the profession’s themselves so they no longer do damage using AI would be so hopelessly impossible to do without breaking them in every mode that disabling them would be the only cost efficient and user friendly solution.

AI is not the problem. People’s perception of skill, most notably their own skill, is the coreproblem.
That AI got less then 1/10,000,000 of your intelligence, yet you struggle to outsmart it.
Think, plan, execute plan. If you cannot think or make up a plan, ask someone else to do it for you

I don’t think you’ve ever played mesmer or understand how it works if you’re comparing it to 10k hp uncrittable turrets. Mesmer clones/illusions die instantly and are easily avoidable, mesmers also die extremely fast.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

If you hate turret engis so much, play a class that destroys turret engi like staff ele, power ranger, condi ranger or power necro.

I don’t even know how to respond to someone suggesting we should all play staff ele to counter a single build.

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

3 new thread of “nerf turret engi” each day means theres something wrong with that build…

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

3 new thread of “nerf turret engi” each day means theres something wrong with that build…

Or we just have a really whiney playerbase.

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

Lol . I saw that will come.
U know its called customer feedback^^

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

If you hate turret engis so much, play a class that destroys turret engi like staff ele, power ranger, condi ranger or power necro.

I don’t even know how to respond to someone suggesting we should all play staff ele to counter a single build.

What? I didn’t say we ALL should. I also only named classes that absolutely destroy turret engis as a suggestion if they are such a massive issue for said player, plenty of classes can deal with them.

And I would say the exact same thing to people moaning about mesmers or thieves.

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

in PvP

Prysin.8542

I don’t think you’ve ever played mesmer or understand how it works if you’re comparing it to 10k hp uncrittable turrets. Mesmer clones/illusions die instantly and are easily avoidable, mesmers also die extremely fast.

As someone who spent 1.5 years dealing with thieves and PU mesmers in WvW, i know far too well how easy it is to destroy and recreate those darn clones. It still does NOT change the fact that the mesmer class mechanic is based upon destroying their pets to deal damage.

Only thumper turret needs a reasonable adjustment, the rest of them, even with auto repair and engi spamming that wrench kit thingy, can be destroyed with little effort.

People need to realize the difference between “cannot be dealt with, too stronk” and “there is a way to stop this”.

Learn how engies work. That being said i got NO clue how to play one properly, but killing them, now that isn`t all that hard. Just spam conditions, and do so relentlessly. Even HGH elixir spammers cannot managed condies well. That being said, the speed at which you need to apply heavy conditions (burning or 10+ stacks of bleeds) limits the number of professions you can counter engi with.
Bleedstack SB ranger with piercing arrows is a great way to destroy engies. PD SB thief is also quite good, especially if you keep that poison on them to deny them any burst healing.

You can do the direct damage approach, but if the turrets got armor plating + auto repair you gonna have a bad day. Because that is going to take time to deal with.

That being said, most engineers do not know when to “quit” and flee the node. So a zealous hammer warrior with zerker stance, dogged march and stability will wreck havoc on a node, and there is not much a engi can do about that.
Turret engi is good at contesting, but unfortunately for them, they are NOT a duelist setup.
As a result, any setup build for dueling can wreck them. In theory, power BM bunker should wreck them as pet can demolish turrets while ranger deals with engi. But i havent rolled such a build in a long time, so i cannot tell you how that would go.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Lol . I saw that will come.
U know its called customer feedback^^

Actually it isn’t. It’s called bandwagoning. Based on usage and high tier play, people should be doing exactly this but for Celestial Rifle engineer and celestial ele who are still able to do too many things a bit too well. Instead, and we’ve seen this before, low tier-only builds get kicked around because people aren’t willing to learn or accept advice or even perspectives. GW2 is a team game, yet ironically the only builds that ever get massive attention are builds solely good at 1v1, and what that tells us is people aren’t focused on balancing the game properly, they just have an ego to protect. That’s a pretty toxic mindset, especially when it kills build diversity all because people can’t “see” the drawbacks of other builds or realistic implications of them. Instead, they noticed they died and fairly easy and it becomes mass hysteria. Equally disappointing is these lower tier players really outnumber upper tier, so essentially people who just enjoy different play styles all end up forced into these very few ACTUALLY “OP” builds that manage to slide under the wire because they’re not as noticeably powerful if they’re not rocking people in 1v1 combat.