What about nerfing turrets ?

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

No, they encourage bad habits and playstyles. Pets/turrets/etc should be soley for utility.

Because you want? Summoner playstyle is as legit as any other.

No, because it’s better for the future of the game if pets/turrets aren’t a viable form of damage since they’re uncontrolled damage.

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

No, they encourage bad habits and playstyles. Pets/turrets/etc should be soley for utility.

No, because it’s better for the future of the game if pets/turrets aren’t a viable form of damage since they’re uncontrolled damage.

Do you have anything to prove your assumptions? How do you know what is better for the future of the game? For me it looks like it is just your own opinion. What is good or bad is subjective.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Do you have anything to prove your assumptions? How do you know what is better for the future of the game? For me it looks like it is just your own opinion. What is good or bad is subjective.

Exactly this. In many games Summoning type classes require an excess of skill, are some of the most unique classes and above all, are just fun to play. GW2 could use more active play with pets, there’s really no denying that. I’ve been pushing for MMs to have less passive damage and more put into their actives for a while now. Its just not in the resources or care for the devs it seems. Unfortunately, it wouldn’t matter anyways because as it stands, AOE, Bugs and AI are complete MM killers regardless, something you probably wouldn’t understand unless you played it rather than having only an outside-looking-in view- Shiyo.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

What’s the point of complaining about engis? ANET has made them OP for a long time.

First was the decap engi.
Second came the turret engi
Third is the nade spamming rifle engi

They fixed the first, so people moved to the second and the third. They fix the second and everyone will play the third.

It is a broken class. It needs an overhaul.

in PvP

Posted by: Reavan.8753

Reavan.8753

Broken bullkitten and its annoying as hell to fight aka.
Not fun.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

What’s the point of complaining about engis? ANET has made them OP for a long time.

They fixed the first, so people moved to the second and the third. They fix the second and everyone will play the third.

Those aren’t even firsts. HGH and there were a few other 1 shot builds too.

in PvP

xDudisx.5914

What is fun or not is subjective. You may dislike turret builds, but some people may enjoy it.

Turret engi is not op. Grenade condi spam in the other hand is one of the top broken builds right now.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

style.6173

Good point. I stand corrected.

in PvP

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

glorious were the days of old ICP, juggernaut and kit-refinement…

ICP is fine, but juggernauts current iteration is bugged, and kit-refinement is not even considered in any serious build anymore (superspeed on s/d toolkit builds is still fun, tho)

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in PvP

Posted by: Black March.1758

Black March.1758

Beating a team with turret engie is incredibly easy.

If he sets him self up on close point, outrotate him and cap the other two points and he can’t help in team fights so your team will win 4 v 5.

If he sets him self up on mid point, focus down turrets because they have long cooldowns. Also outrotate and decap/cap close.

If he sets him self up on far, 2 or 3v1 him, burst him down or just burn down his turrets and leave someone to solo him.

And the golden rule: Don’t waste your time trying to 1v1 a turret engie. Even if you can kill him it just takes too kitten long, it’s pretty much the single least mobile build in the entire game which is a glaring weakness and if you can’t exploit that then you deserve to loose.

in PvP

Posted by: alwaysbluffme.6890

alwaysbluffme.6890

Yep turret engis are op vs pugs http://imgur.com/a/Hc6q6

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Before HGH it was the 100nades build. It was the one shot build to end all other builds. Not to mention an AOE oneshot build. Was broken AF.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Lol exactly. I do like the kitten from one of the engies though. :P

in PvP

xDudisx.5914

The picture shows a premade that won against pugs. Not surprising. They probably would have won with any other comp vs a non premade.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

The only thing in my opinion that needs to be toned down on turret engi is the Knockdown duration and the rocket turret’s damage

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

The only thing in my opinion that needs to be toned down on turret engi is the Knockdown duration and the rocket turret’s damage

You do things like this though and you start to mess with builds that may take a turret but are not full turrets, all for no legitimate reason.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Anet just needs to open up an official turret engi complaint thread and consolidate everything into there instead of letting these threads pop up every day.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

You do things like this though and you start to mess with builds that may take a turret but are not full turrets, all for no legitimate reason.

What do you mean? Sorry, don’t understand :p

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Well Rocket Turret already isn’t very durable. If someone were attempting to use it in a build that isn’t a turret build, having it nerfed would make the possibilities of such a build less viable. If there were legitimate reasons to nerf it then sure, but nerfing the possible use of turrets in other builds simply because people don’t like playing against full turret builds is an illogical decision.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Well Rocket Turret already isn’t very durable. If someone were attempting to use it in a build that isn’t a turret build, having it nerfed would make the possibilities of such a build less viable. If there were legitimate reasons to nerf it then sure, but nerfing the possible use of turrets in other builds simply because people don’t like playing against full turret builds is an illogical decision.

Well, yes, but the damage is way too high
It’s the same like they did for might; might was OP on eles,engi and warrs and they nerfed it, punishing all other classes

I would be down either reduce the Knockdown duration or a damage nerf, because a bunker shouldnt be able to kill imo

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

It’s easier to look at warriors. Pretty much every warrior build got hammered because of Hambow back in the day. All of the adrenaline nerfs, Healing signet, etc. Arguably not needed for other builds, but they were generic enough to affect many.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

It’s the same like they did for might; might was OP on eles,engi and warrs and they nerfed it, punishing all other classes

I would be down either reduce the Knockdown duration or a damage nerf, because a bunker shouldnt be able to kill imo

1,429 every 4 seconds on a projectile that is easily dodged/reflected coming from a turret that is easily destroyed and has a 50 sec cooldown, no nerf needed. The only people that die to this are those that rush in to fight the engi while completely ignoring the turrets, and those people deserve to die to this.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

1,429 every 4 seconds on a projectile that is easily dodged/reflected coming from a turret that is easily destroyed and has a 50 sec cooldown, no nerf needed. The only people that die to this are those that rush in to fight the engi while completely ignoring the turrets, and those people deserve to die to this.

I have often wondered that. Why people feel its dps is so absurd. 1400 every 4 seconds really isnt that… amazing if you ask me. its okay though. And its not that hard to kill unless you’re a condi player, in which case you have the advantage over the engineer itself.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

I stay with the opinion that bunkers shouldn’t be able to kill.

The rocket turret hits me for 3-4k and it follows + the range is insane.
If you’re immobilized, which happens often, you can’t dodge those and I’m fine with that
But I’m not fine with the fact it punishes really hard while doing almost nothing at all

I barely get killed by a Turret Engi head on, but seeing how much it punishes our team when 1 or 2 teammembers die to it, is too much imo

And that all for 1 bunker

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

I have often wondered that. Why people feel its dps is so absurd. 1400 every 4 seconds really isnt that… amazing if you ask me. its okay though. And its not that hard to kill unless you’re a condi player, in which case you have the advantage over the engineer itself.

You need to see it as a whole. The damage indicator says 1400 damage, excluding the damage it really does. It hits light armor for about 3-4k + rifle attacks from engi + flame turret + thumper turret..

It’s actually too much for being a bunker

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

You need to see it as a whole. The damage indicator says 1400 damage, excluding the damage it really does. It hits light armor for about 3-4k + rifle attacks from engi + flame turret + thumper turret..

It’s actually too much for being a bunker

I’d have to test that. I don’t really recall ever seeing numbers that large, but I’m fine with being corrected.

in PvP

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

3-4k from rocket turret is complete BS.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

^^This here. Post screenshots or complete BS.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

I’ll screenshot when I face a turret engi and get hit

in PvP

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

nope, you make a screenshot of your combat log after being hit by the rocket-turret and show us the damage dealt from each skill. Because what I think is that you got hit by the turrets overcharge, were knocked on the ground, and the engi himself used rifle-jump to land on your head.

Turrets can’t crit, and their max dmg is 1.6k (rocket-turret). whatever has hit you there, it was most probably not a turret.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

nope, you make a screenshot of your combat log after being hit by the rocket-turret and show us the damage dealt from each skill. Because what I think is that you got hit by the turrets overcharge, were knocked on the ground, and the engi himself used rifle-jump to land on your head.

Turrets can’t crit, and their max dmg is 1.6k (rocket-turret). whatever has hit you there, it was most probably not a turret.

Well I meant SS’ing the combat log ofcourse.
However, it could be true it was something else hitting me at same time, I sure remember yesterday being hit for 3k on my mesmer when the rocket was flying right into my face.

Will keep u guys posted

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Seriously.

How long do we have to take this?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

As long as it takes to get mad about something else, probably. It’s not “OP” and annoying isn’t a reason to obliterate something. As far as I see it, leave stuff alone.

in PvP

style.6173

I’m guessing ronpierce is an engi

@OP: Here is the issue. Let’s say they nerf turret engi. That is definitely a broken spec with pug teams. What will happen? Engis will just all use the rifle cele nade spammer build. That is equally broken but IS viable at the top end of play. The point: engis have a lot of issues.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Incoming train of minion master/turret eng players defending their builds! choo choo

I’m guessing ronpierce is an engi

@OP: Here is the issue. Let’s say they nerf turret engi. That is definitely a broken spec with pug teams. What will happen? Engis will just all use the rifle cele nade spammer build. That is equally broken but IS viable at the top end of play. The point: engis have a lot of issues.

Pretty much, ENG has been one of the strongest if not the strongest class since release.

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

a engineer player give me this, so i will share in forum. Watch Careful!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-t-6zFR_GA

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

Pretty much, ENG has been one of the strongest if not the strongest class since release.

I have been playing engi heavily in pvp for over a year and when I started engi was not close to one of the strongest professions. Engi was probably the profession I saw the least of at that time. Then the decap engi build came along and people started trolling hard with engi. Since then there have been a good number of engis and new builds have become viable. Such as the much despised turret engi. This build is only prevalent because anet finally fixed turrets and game them some love. This will go away as more players become good at fighting against the turret engis.

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

They were prob hit with this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rocket. I think this can crit for around there.