What could be changed to improve balance

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

This is my opinion based on my experience playing in ranked and unranked arena. If you disagree with any of my points, you are welcome to share your experience in comment section bellow.

GENERAL FLAWS
1) Too much AOE spam. Only few dedicated classes/builds should be able to spam AOE. Now every class can launch AOE all around and pvp battles is more like AOE battles than anything else.
2) Too many CC. Each class should have 1 or 2 CC abilities, unless focused heavily on CC, but deal less damage and healing. Now some classes with CC focused builds can CC you until you die and you can’t do anything about it, unless you take a lot of stun breakers.
3) Too many boon spams. Nearly every class can now spam boons endlessly. That is not right and it puts strain on pvp balance. Especially – stability.

ELEMENTALIST
4) Aura build have too much sustain. It is nearly impossible to kill bruiser elementalist 1v1.

WARRIOR
5) Too unreliable. You have to either go defensive and lose lots of damage or go full damage, but be squishy as hell.
6) It have only 1 decent build, which is used by nearly every warrior now.
7) Condition warrior is maybe the worst build, compared to any at least half viable build out there.

RANGER
8) Druid have too much sustain. Same as bruiser elementalist – nearly no one can kill it in 1v1.
9) Deals too much damage having this much of sustain. I have literally seen Druid fight off 3 people, not dying, while downing at least one out of three every 5-10 sec.
10) Pets are too strong. I have seen Bristleback F2 dealing 14k damage.

NECROMANCER
11) Greatsword should be reapers main tool and strongest weapon, but it isn’t. Greatsword is the worst weapon for reaper, even axe is better.
12) No defensive tools, no mobility abilities. The one thing necromancer can do is dealing damage. That is pretty boring, even if damage is quite good at the moment (reaper only, though, because core necromancer is weaker than anyone).
13) Minions are weak and useless. The only use for minions necromancer have while leveling up. In pvp, however, minions are dead weight and usually are used only for Death Nova trait.
14) Same as warrior, necromancer have only 1 (well, maybe 2) viable builds.

GUARDIAN
15) 3-4 traps dragon hunter have too much burst (can don’t nearly anyone over 1 sec).
16) Burn guardian is too dependent on certain traits and is useless without them.

THIEF
17) Deals way way too much damage. It is at same level as walking into 4 dragon hunter’s traps.
18) Can spam stealth too much. It can literally do this until it kills someone: attack with one ability -> stealth -> attack with one ability -> stealth -> attack with one ability -> stealth -> ……
19) Is a little bit too squishy.

ENGINEER
20) Pretty much all bad (OP) things about other classes combined into one: deals too much damage, have only one viable build (scrapper), have too high sustain, too much CC and so on.
21) Have too many defensive tools.

MESMER
22) Continuum Shift is game breaking and should be removed.
23) Power build deals too much damage. Combine it with stealth, clones and other strong abilities – most of other classes can’t do anything against power mesmer. (same could go for condition mesmer, but condition mesmer have lower damage)

REVENANT
24) Sustain too high.
25) Damage too high.
26) Too many defensive tools.
27) Too many CC.
28) Literally the most broken class.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

MESMER
23) Power build deals too much damage. Combine it with stealth, clones and other strong abilities – most of other classes can’t do anything against power mesmer. (same could go for condition mesmer, but condition mesmer have lower damage)

What?! Power Mesmers suck, it’s the condi mesmers that are the problem. Wth are you thinking here?

And how is Continuum Split game breaking other than double Moa?

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

‘What could be changed to improve balance’
-delete elite specializations from the game. Instant reduction in aoe, sustain, passive bullkitten, and other op crap that was put in to make ppl buy HoT.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

MESMER

What?! Power Mesmers suck, it’s the condi mesmers that are the problem. Wth are you thinking here?

And how is Continuum Split game breaking other than double Moa?

I am not sure power mesmers sucks but there are certainly free meat for thief like lot of power spec out there.
Indeed Continuum Split becomes a problem when it resets ultimate CD, so may be it shouldn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Most of what you say has a point. Some has not. We have some cases of L2p issues and also some bad observations.
The mesmer is a good example. The esl’s in that one stream referred to chronophantasma as ‘the carry for solo Q’ and they were right. Mesmer is the class that doesnt loose fights. Moa and portal aside.
For the general flaws you forgot the build diversity+ the fact that somehow no class does what it is supposed to do.
(Ele=Tank)(Guard=DD)
You seem to overestimate rangers, guards and thieves quite a bit. Thieves do not deal any damage(unless you let them), and rangers are extremely vulnerable to cc.
Guardian traps are only a small inconvinience for the current bunker meta. The cc is way more annoying than the damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Most of what you say has a point. Some has not. We have some cases of L2p issues and also some bad observations.
The mesmer is a good example. The esl’s in that one stream referred to chronophantasma as ‘the carry for solo Q’ and they were right. Mesmer is the class that doesnt loose fights. Moa and portal aside.
For the general flaws you forgot the build diversity+ the fact that somehow no class does what it is supposed to do.
(Ele=Tank)(Guard=DD)
You seem to overestimate rangers, guards and thieves quite a bit. Thieves do not deal any damage(unless you let them), and rangers are extremely vulnerable to cc.
Guardian traps are only a small inconvinience for the current bunker meta.
The cc is way more annoying than the damage.

Question: what’s your main?? And he has the point with thief… and thief can go in ( get all of your cd down) only to disengage and come back afterwards to finish you.

And we are in the condi meta not bunker. Ranger/ Druid’s might be weak to cc, but they are GOD when they go bunker ( or whatever amulet they uses) and Luke the OP says their sustain is great; However that’s not a problem imo. Their pets dmg should be tone down a bit.

Finally @OP, druids and ele having that sustain is a must at this point. So you shouldnt be able to kill a supp 1 vs 1 ( granted he went full supp)…

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

(Ele=Tank)(Guard=DD)

Question: what’s your main?? And he has the point with thief… and thief can go in ( get all of your cd down) only to disengage and come back afterwards to finish you.

It’s not that we disengage for the lolz or anything, most of the time we are forced to, or its part of the weapon set style (s/d) it’s how we fight. Since nearly every other class has at least 1 invul, block(s) a tun of protection, hwll even retaliation hurts us a lot, all we can do is port away and deal no dmg to you, How ever, yes when we come back we do have a 2nd chance and sometimes it’s successful too.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

in PvP

Asrat.2645

And we are in the condi meta not bunker. Ranger/ Druid’s might be weak to cc, but they are GOD when they go bunker ( or whatever amulet they uses) and Luke the OP says their sustain is great; However that’s not a problem imo. Their pets dmg should be tone down a bit.

Finally @OP, druids and ele having that sustain is a must at this point. So you shouldnt be able to kill a supp 1 vs 1 ( granted he went full supp)…

Teef. And its how it works, The main damage sources are AA and pulmonary impact.
PI is dangerous but wont kill anyone and AA can only be done if you actually let me stand right next to you.
If you mean: shadowstep in, ‘finish off an unaware player and disappear’, then we have, in fact a good damage output.
But in reality…lets just say I play ranger occasionally and Im far from mastering that class. But, knowing how thieves work, I can completely disable anything they do. Staying at me for even seconds is extremely dangerous due to cc and pet, if they manage to hit me I just use ‘protect me’ or
‘guard’ and the damage is gone.
On paper, thieves deal extremely high damage, so they do in pve and in the typical scenarios where you just move in to +1 and your victim will never know you hit’em.
But in reality, in a duel or a team fight, just staying at your opponent long enough to do anything is dangerous if not impossible and with all the healing and direct damage reductions out there some enemies can just eat your burst.
The only occasion where my damage is threatening is if my enemy is already half dead and on some serious cooldowns. I dont consider that ‘dangerous’

And how exactly are we not in the bunker meta? Every class has skills that automatically protect them with a passive proc. Pretty much every class can heal for their full health several times in one fight.
Eles and rnagers are bunkers. Mesmers and engies are bunkers (due to an insane uptime of damage denial), revs have three jail-escape cards.
Damage reductions and invulnerabilities are given out like candy, a teamfight mainly depends on how well your ele does, classes can skip 2v1 for a minute…
On the other hand we have excatly two classes who can play condition builds competitively. Mesmer and Necro.

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Continuum Split is only questionable for double casting elites. Apart from that it’s not really an issue.

Power Mesmer does too much damage? I suppose power burst still hits like a truck if the Mesmer lands every single part of the multi-hit combo needed to produce a competitive burst. You can do equivalent damage with far less skill rotations on other classes currently, so I don’t think power Mesmer burst is much of an issue at all.

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

@As rat Well, you obviously didn’t play during S1. If you consider what we have Bunker. And ele and ranger being bunker is a necessity since they are supp, the last thing you want is for someone to one shot your supp.

And about thieves, dude idk how thieves works, a good thief has a counter for every toons except revs and scrapper I believe. Venom share thief can be deadly against DH, a normal thief will put up a fight against a necro, warrior or etc.. or even ranger. Just because they can disengage when they want to.

(Ele=Tank)(Guard=DD)

It’s not that we disengage for the lolz or anything, most of the time we are forced to, or its part of the weapon set style (s/d) it’s how we fight. Since nearly every other class has at least 1 invul, block(s) a tun of protection, hwll even retaliation hurts us a lot, all we can do is port away and deal no dmg to you, How ever, yes when we come back we do have a 2nd chance and sometimes it’s successful too.

A good thief, and trust me, pretty much knows when you are about to use you defy pain for warrior, stone for druids ,etc.. Of course you disengage because you are forced too. But when the other class utilities are all on cd (revs, scrapper and supp excluded) it’s pretty much a free kill. Which is ok btw, I belive high risk classes such as thieves need high rewards. But you can’t boost their HP without tweaking their stealth.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Asrat.2645

Well, you obviously didn’t play during S1. If you consider what we have Bunker. And ele and ranger being bunker is a necessity since they are supp, the last thing you want is for someone to one shot your supp.

And about thieves, dude idk how thieves works, a good thief has a counter for every toons except revs and scrapper I believe. Venom share thief can be deadly against DH, a normal thief will put up a fight against a necro, warrior or etc.. or even ranger. Just because they can disengage when they want to.

Venom share huh?
I see you know exactly what you are talking about.
And just because S1 was worse, doesnt mean we dont have a bunker meta.

Meta:
1 Condibunker
1 Powerbunker
1Condamagedealer
1Damagedealer
2 Support bunkers

Great:
1 Runner
2 Power bunkers
1 Supportbunker
3 Condamagedealers (notice that one of them is only the non-hot version of a meta build and one is rarely played because the power choice is so superior)

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Warriors can’t heal for full health (or any health, because their sustain sucks very hard). Necromancers also have very limited healing. Mesmers can only turn back time, other than that, they don’t really have good healing.

I think this meta is split evenly between power, condition and sustain+power, however this push out other builds way way out of meta.
For example: warrior can only go power, necromancer can only go condition, thief can only go power, scrapper can only go sustain+power and so on.

We have only several bruisers with extremely high sustain (who can’t be and will never be killed 1v1, if played well):
Scrapper
Tempest
Herald
Druid

Also, thieves does insane damage not on paper, but in reality. Good thief can bust any one down in 3 sec or less, unless you manage to pop your defensive abilities. However, then thief goes into stealth, waits for a bit and finish you of when your defense goes down. When playing necromancer, warrior, mesmer, elementalist or engineer, i can’t kill thief no matter what. That is not L2P issue, that is how good thieves are. The best i can do is sustain (if ele or scrapper) and wait for help to arrive.
Only with 3 traps dragon hunter i can kill good thieves.
So, either take bruiser and try to sustain or take dragon hunter. No other choice when fighting against thieves.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

(edited by Regon Phoenix.8215)

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

A good thief, and trust me, pretty much knows when you are about to use you defy pain for warrior, stone for druids ,etc.. Of course you disengage because you are forced too. But when the other class utilities are all on cd (revs, scrapper and supp excluded) it’s pretty much a free kill. Which is ok btw, I belive high risk classes such as thieves need high rewards. But you can’t boost their HP without tweaking their stealth.

Can’t see where is rist playing thief. Go in, kill someone, if things turn bad, go stealth and retreat. No risk at all.

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

Can’t see where is rist playing thief. Go in, kill someone, if things turn bad, go stealth and retreat. No risk at all.

because you die from random aoe that was’t even meant for you, people don’t really need to focus a thief so much anymore because a thief is accidentally killed, and this has happened to me, stealth steal + back stab, by the time i hit my first AA i was at 10% health.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

because you die from random aoe that was’t even meant for you, people don’t really need to focus a thief so much anymore because a thief is accidentally killed, and this has happened to me, stealth steal + back stab, by the time i hit my first AA i was at 10% health.

Well, my first complain:
1) Too much AOE spam. Only few dedicated classes/builds should be able to spam AOE. Now every class can launch AOE all around and pvp battles is more like AOE battles than anything else.

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Also, i forgot about scrapper’s sneak gyro. That is maybe the most broken part about scrapper.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

One thing is for certain, there are too many variables and Anet is unable to account for all of them.

Remove condition damage stat and dedicated condi damage weapons. This can be done if:
They merge condition sources with direct damage sources and keep the condi damage base flat but allow the damage to be changed using traits alone. Instead of having power stat and condi stat and then might affecting both and then vulnerability affecting both and then traits affecting both damage types, that is just really an unnecessary amount of moving parts.

for example, Hundred blades applies bleeding then you can have a trait that says _bleeding does 30% more damage and another trait that has a chance of doubling bleeding stacks when applied .

Condition damage should also be applied only when conditions are met, for example,
– Confusion can only be applied if you hit a foe from behind or the side
- Torment has a chance to be applied if you hit a stunned foe. That proc rate can then be raised using traits
- Bleeding only has a chance of being applied if you crit
- Poison can be merged with other skills
- Burning can be applied through fire aura and then increase fire aura sources in different ways on all the classes.
None damaging conditions will then be either combined with other skills.

Things like chaos aura would then give the user a chance to inflict any condition on foes that hit them

This would allow dedicated condi damage weapons to not be so dedicated to it anymore so instead of one weapon being condition based and one weapon direct, it can then be weapons focused on damage, focused on utility or a mix of both.

Utility skills should be combined, there are too many with individual cooldowns. You can probably combine all the spectral skills for example into one spectral transformation utility skill that changes the 1-5 (with cooldowns) which you can swap in and out of

Transfer and corruption utility skills can probably be merged into the plague signet which stays active for a duration transferring and corrupting boons passively while the skull sig is over your head.

Other class’ utilities can also be merged in ways similar to this or in other fun ways

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I can understand bunkers supporting themselves, but not the entire team. I agree with most of OP’s statements

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

This is my opinion based on my experience playing in ranked and unranked arena. If you disagree with any of my points, you are welcome to share your experience in comment section bellow.

GENERAL FLAWS
2) Too many CC. Each class should have 1 or 2 CC abilities, unless focused heavily on CC, but deal less damage and healing. Now some classes with CC focused builds can CC you until you die and you can’t do anything about it, unless you take a lot of stun breakers.
3) Too many boon spams. Nearly every class can now spam boons endlessly. That is not right and it puts strain on pvp balance. Especially – stability.

ELEMENTALIST
4) Aura build have too much sustain. It is nearly impossible to kill bruiser elementalist 1v1.

WARRIOR
5) Too unreliable. You have to either go defensive and lose lots of damage or go full damage, but be squishy as hell.
7) Condition warrior is maybe the worst build, compared to any at least half viable build out there.

RANGER
8) Druid have too much sustain. Same as bruiser elementalist – nearly no one can kill it in 1v1.
9) Deals too much damage having this much of sustain. I have literally seen Druid fight off 3 people, not dying, while downing at least one out of three every 5-10 sec.

NECROMANCER
11) Greatsword should be reapers main tool and strongest weapon, but it isn’t. Greatsword is the worst weapon for reaper, even axe is better.
12) No defensive tools, no mobility abilities. The one thing necromancer can do is dealing damage. That is pretty boring, even if damage is quite good at the moment (reaper only, though, because core necromancer is weaker than anyone).
13) Minions are weak and useless. The only use for minions necromancer have while leveling up. In pvp, however, minions are dead weight and usually are used only for Death Nova trait.

GUARDIAN
15) 3-4 traps dragon hunter have too much burst (can don’t nearly anyone over 1 sec).
16) Burn guardian is too dependent on certain traits and is useless without them.

THIEF
17) Deals way way too much damage. It is at same level as walking into 4 dragon hunter’s traps.
18) Can spam stealth too much. It can literally do this until it kills someone: attack with one ability -> stealth -> attack with one ability -> stealth -> attack with one ability -> stealth -> ……

ENGINEER
20) Pretty much all bad (OP) things about other classes combined into one: deals too much damage, have only one viable build (scrapper), have too high sustain, too much CC and so on.

MESMER

REVENANT
24) Sustain too high.
25) Damage too high.
27) Too many CC.

Let me guess necro necro main….

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

GENERAL FLAWS

ELEMENTALIST

WARRIOR

RANGER

NECROMANCER

GUARDIAN

THIEF

ENGINEER

MESMER

REVENANT
24) Sustain too high.
25) Damage too high.
27) Too many CC.

Was there any doubt about the OP being a reaper main? xd, you can check his post history but I’m sure his list is self-explanatory

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

GENERAL FLAWS

ELEMENTALIST

WARRIOR

RANGER

NECROMANCER

GUARDIAN

THIEF

MESMER

REVENANT

lol k
btw what is this warrior build you call better than condi warrior?

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Yeah, I love how any nerfs to Reaper have been conveniently left out here.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

And conveniently tries to say Thieves do as much damage as 4 DH traps, when Thieves can be considered the Reapers hard counter. I find it funny since I haven’t seen a thief do 16k in one shot like DH traps stacked lol. People like him make me not take the Forums seriously and only go on to have some laughs.

in PvP

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

And conveniently tries to say Thieves do as much damage as 4 DH traps, when Thieves can be considered the Reapers hard counter. I find it funny since I haven’t seen a thief do 16k in one shot like DH traps stacked lol. People like him make me not take the Forums seriously and only go on to have some laughs.

+1000

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

This is one of the single worst “balance” lists I have ever seen.
1) You have absolutely zero knowledge of the thief class as evident by your suggestions
2) You have zero knowledge of the mesmer meta (hint: power builds are next to non existent now)
3) Condition warrior is an exceptionally strong build when used in the right situations but it loses it’s spot because of reapers condi transfers
4) You completely left out the ridiculousness of condi reaper’s damage
5) You neglected to talk about reaper’s condi transfers and unnecessarily high boon corruption ability
6) You ignore the fact that revenant has next to no way of fighting condis and therefore needs to have some added to compensate for the nerfs to it’s direct damage defense
7) You gloss over the real reason there is imbalance due to especs
8) You fail to provide a single suggestion on how to fix ANYTHING.

Summary:
This is not a balance list, it’s a string of grievances just like every other so called “balance expert” in the playerbase

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

GENERAL FLAWS

ELEMENTALIST

WARRIOR

RANGER

NECROMANCER

GUARDIAN

THIEF

ENGINEER

MESMER

REVENANT
24) Sustain too high.
25) Damage too high.
27) Too many CC.

No, guardian main.

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

1) You have absolutely zero knowledge of the thief class as evident by your suggestions

Let me stop you there, before you embarrassed yourself even more.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Reduce sustainability across all classes. One example of sustainability is revenant receiving almost 100% damage mitigation in dwarven stance with free protection from dragon stance. I have reduced 2k’s to 200s damage on this class and I am able to maintain at least (7+33+20+10)% damage reduction with near 100% up-time. At least fix the free protection given by activating the ultimate without using it and the free regeneration given by activating the healing skill without using it in dragon stance. The boons can’t even be stripped because it regenerates protection every few seconds. This is One example along with Other classes that have ridiculous sustainability. Elementalists, Mesmers, Revanemts, and Engineers all can maintain 100% up time on protection and regeneration as if they are all heavy armor classes.

I hope this patch ends the ability to tank and deal significant damage for all classes as it should be one or the other to maintain build diversity. The only reason we have meta builds is because players can build a hybred of the best of everything. The best of damage, sustainability, mobility, and range along with other things such as cc. The ability to have everything without sacrificing anything is the source of power creeps and the fuel for the meta.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Reduce sustainability across all classes. One example of sustainability is revenant receiving almost 100% damage mitigation in dwarven stance with free protection from dragon stance. I have reduced 2k’s to 200s damage on this class and I am able to maintain at least (7+33+20+10)% damage reduction with near 100% up-time.

Yeah Jalis is so meta right now I see 4 Jalis/Glint revenants every match.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Reduce sustainability across all classes. One example of sustainability is revenant receiving almost 100% damage mitigation in dwarven stance with free protection from dragon stance. I have reduced 2k’s to 200s damage on this class and I am able to maintain at least (7+33+20+10)% damage reduction with near 100% up-time.

Yeah Jalis is so meta right now I see 4 Jalis/Glint revenants every match.

xd…man this thread is cracking me up:
-thieves hitting harder than stacked dh
-power mesmer owning left and right
-jalis revs tanking dmg

Is the OP playing GW4 by any chance? Can I have an invite?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Biggest issue I have with the game is how little build diversity is compared to prepatch… it’s clear that Elite specs are superior but we no longer have multiple build variations in these Elite spec builds… where did my burn guard go?

Anet could easily make core specs viable again.. it’s whether or not they can do so while also making an incentive to buy HoT. The reason they haven’t yet is because they haven’t found out how… =/

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

wait until the 19th patch hits

judging by your class descriptions you main necromancer as its the only profession you dint say had anything overpowered

and infact it is the most unbalanced profession , can be killed at least

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Salty cause you know I’m right? You provide no evidence to back your claims and all your claims are absolutely ridiculous. Unless this is meant to be a sarcastic thread you have demonstrated yourself to be one the dumbest players I have seen on this forum to date. If it is sarcastic then I appreciate the humor and would like to say my earlier post was typed in a rush so i didn’t have time to interpret the sarcasm and I apologize for the harsh words.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

thief only hurts if you let them do it, and or you do no react in time. as thief main, i can 95% of the time survive a heavy burst from an enemy thief @50% health. this is down to stun break and dodge/reaction time. but do not stun break to quick because thieves noway days do not use air/fire sigils there for they have 100% 2 stun from basilisk venom. I use to bandits defence too early only to get stoned right after.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

This thread is full of laughs, thanks for that!

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

1. scrapper:

• nerf hammer damage across the board by 25%.
  • nerf Rocket Charge to only provide a leap finisher on the first leap.
  • nerf stability duration on Perfectly Weighted or remove the 10% damage increase entirely
  • nerf Sneak Gyro to give it a 1/2 cast time; prevents it from acting as a free stunbreak and also gives it more counterplay similar to Supply Crate.
  • nerf Slick Shoes; i think everyone agrees this is a toxic mechanic that needs more counterplay.

2. reaper/chronomancer:

• remove Mercenary’s Amulet
  • nerf boon strip/condi transfer on Reaper.
  • nerf “Rise!”/shambling horrors (also make it stop spawning Horrors on objects like on Kyhlo’s crates).
  • nerf Continuum Split as to not affect Elites (Moa…).

3. herald:

• nerf Precision Strike; reduce damage and force it to have a target. there is no reason this should be tracking people in stealth beyond the behavior of a normal projectile attack.
  • nerf Staff; Warding Rift or Surge of the Mists- one of the support attacks has to lose strength.

4. druid:

• nerf Bristleback slightly, say 10-15%
  • slightly nerf protection or weakness uptime

5. dragonhunter:

• nerf Piercing Light; reduce daze duration to 1/4 sec from 1/2 to bring it strictly inline with interrupting, not locking down- they have far too many tools to do this already.
  • nerf Shield of Courage slightly.
  • nerf Dragon’s Maw in a similar manner to Slick Shoes; they’re both warding-type skills and something has to change about them. Getting caught in DMaw is often death because of the combination of Test of Faith punishing any teleports out unless you can get up to dodge + teleport before getting bursted to death.

6. tempest:

• nerf Overload Air’s damage or CD.
  • nerf Protection uptime,

daredevil is the only balanced profession imo (despite my bias); not needing any buffs nor any nerfs.

beserker obviously needs some help but it’s not nearly as bad as people say, i’ve seen people make it work.

i also want to emphasize just cause professions like scrapper and chronomancer have ridiculously strong builds right now (soon to be nerfed im sure), we should also look at how to buff them as well; i know scrappers all find hammer boring but it’s the only thing they can play, similar to how Mercenary Chrono is the only thing left for mesmers. Lets nerf the mindless overpowered stuff and look to buff more challenging mechanics that raise the profession’s skill ceiling.

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

1. scrapper:

• nerf stability duration on Perfectly Weighted or remove the 10% damage increase entirely
  • nerf Sneak Gyro to give it a 1/2 cast time; prevents it from acting as a free stunbreak and also gives it more counterplay similar to Supply Crate.
  • nerf Slick Shoes; i think everyone agrees this is a toxic mechanic that needs more counterplay.

2. reaper/chronomancer:

• nerf “Rise!”/shambling horrors (also make it stop spawning Horrors on objects like on Kyhlo’s crates).

3. herald:

• nerf Precision Strike; reduce damage and force it to have a target. there is no reason this should be tracking people in stealth beyond the behavior of a normal projectile attack.
  • nerf Staff; Warding Rift or Surge of the Mists- one of the support attacks has to lose strength.

4. druid:

5. dragonhunter:

• nerf Piercing Light; reduce daze duration to 1/4 sec from 1/2 to bring it strictly inline with interrupting, not locking down- they have far too many tools to do this already.
  • nerf Dragon’s Maw in a similar manner to Slick Shoes; they’re both warding-type skills and something has to change about them. Getting caught in DMaw is often death because of the combination of Test of Faith punishing any teleports out unless you can get up to dodge + teleport before getting bursted to death.

6. tempest:

daredevil is the only balanced profession imo (despite my bias); not needing any buffs nor any nerfs.

beserker obviously needs some help but it’s not nearly as bad as people say, i’ve seen people make it work.

i also want to emphasize just cause professions like scrapper and chronomancer have ridiculously strong builds right now (soon to be nerfed im sure), we should also look at how to buff them as well; i know scrappers all find hammer boring but it’s the only thing they can play, similar to how Mercenary Chrono is the only thing left for mesmers. Lets nerf the mindless overpowered stuff and look to buff more challenging mechanics that raise the profession’s skill ceiling.

This is why I am pressing so hard for the sustain nerf. This is the way the dev’s think. They keep buffing and nerfing damage. A damage nerf will only result in more immortal specs. The more they nerf damage the better the sustain specs will be. I would rather they nerf sustain down to the ground first then consider damage nerfs after players have to chose between damage or tank.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

1. scrapper:

2. reaper/chronomancer:

3. herald:

4. druid:

5. dragonhunter:

6. tempest:

This is why I am pressing so hard for the sustain nerf. This is the way the dev’s think. They keep buffing and nerfing damage. A damage nerf will only result in more immortal specs. The more they nerf damage the better the sustain specs will be. I would rather they nerf sustain down to the ground first then consider damage nerfs after players have to chose between damage or tank.

Be it obvious or not sustain needs affect bunker specs a lot more. Especially when a profession is focused on active defenses like the revenant. Therefore after a sustain nerf you are more likely to not even have a choice.
Also it’s stupid to nerf sustain first in a weapon where primary function is sustain.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

A thief telling all classes sustain and dps need to be nerfed but thief…

Attachments:

in PvP

Asrat.2645

Another 2 cents:
-Drastically reduce the uptime of all defensive effects
-Remove all automatically triggering effects (passive actives)
-Cut healing unrelated to heal skills by ~40%
-Heavily reduce passive damage output (power only) to favour short term bursts
-Reduce the ability to apply massive condi at once to favour over time damage build-up
-Decrease access to hard cc
-Put higher cooldowns on every key skill
-Make all high damage skills either hard to hit or risky to use

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

GENERAL FLAWS

ELEMENTALIST

WARRIOR

RANGER

NECROMANCER

GUARDIAN

THIEF

ENGINEER

MESMER

REVENANT
24) Sustain too high.
25) Damage too high.
27) Too many CC.

Agree with a big part but i just Laugh about necro. When we read necro part we imagine an underpowered class. But there are about 60% of reapers this season. Pls mention the high direct and condi damage. The insane cc and condi spam. And condi support (chill, snare, weakness). Aoe in all skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

-delete elite specializations from the game. Instant reduction in aoe, sustain, passive bullkitten, and other op crap that was put in to make ppl buy HoT.

Pretty much… elite specs are 8/9 (berserker isn’t) an upgrade to the base class. They have too much of everything (sustain, dps, cc, aoe), so yes, either nerf elite specs all the way down to core level, or RIP balance.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Pretty much… elite specs are 8/9 (berserker isn’t) an upgrade to the base class. They have too much of everything (sustain, dps, cc, aoe), so yes, either nerf elite specs all the way down to core level, or RIP balance.

This is the issue I have been noting. If heavy sustain builds couldn’t do anything but tank then there would be increased viable variety within roles. However, at the moment, tanks are able to have access to too many things. Tanks should not be damage or condition bombs while also having access to various forms of cc. They should give up some of these elements when they spec for a heavy play style. It is not necessarily a nerf to sustain that I want to see. But a nerf to a classes ability to spec heavily for damage and still have access to allot of passive and active sustainability.

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

A thief telling all classes sustain and dps need to be nerfed but thief…

a reaper making one-off comments without actually explaining anything.

good to know i can ignore your opinion in the future.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

RANGER
I have literally seen Druid fight off 3 people, not dying, while downing at least one out of three every 5-10 sec.

How are we supposed to take you seriously when you write this stuff?

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Wow a balance thread with only consideration to PvP and your experiences ....
I am struggling to take this seriously.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Threads like these help the player base in the long run. Even I call for balance for other players sake. I always switch to the most op/fun class so it doesn’t matter to me which class gets buffed or nerfed. All that matters to me is that the game is fair to players who like playing different things than the meta. I myself would love to see more build diversity.

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

GENERAL FLAWS

ELEMENTALIST

WARRIOR

RANGER

NECROMANCER

GUARDIAN

THIEF

ENGINEER

MESMER

REVENANT
24) Sustain too high.
25) Damage too high.
27) Too many CC.

Agree with a big part but i just Laugh about necro. When we read necro part we imagine an underpowered class. But there are about 60% of reapers this season. Pls mention the high direct and condi damage. The insane cc and condi spam. And condi support (chill, snare, weakness). Aoe in all skills.

It is in the general list: AOE and CC is problem form every class, same goes for reaper. I just don’t see the problem with reaper’s damage (don’t know why other see it), because that is the only thing he can do. Usually i am killing reaper with no problems, because they can’t do anything else.

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

RANGER
I have literally seen Druid fight off 3 people, not dying, while downing at least one out of three every 5-10 sec.

Just written the stuff i have seen. How i am suppose to take you seriously, if you can’t read up the experience i shared?

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

RANGER

Just written the stuff i have seen. How i am suppose to take you seriously, if you can’t read up the experience i shared?

I did read it. And it’s a blatant lie?

Not even ESL players are 1v3ing while also downing players faster than they can be ressed. I mean you didn’t even try to make that lie believable. Just no. Not even close.