What new stat combination would you like?

in PvP

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

The devs asked for feedback on new amulet stats in the Ready Up stream, so I’ll start:

As an ele I’d love to see more amulets with vitality as a minor stat, so something like

+798 Power
+284 Healing
+569 Toughness
+284 Vitality

or

+569 Power
+284 Precision
+569 Toughness
+284 Vitality

Anything that gives some offensive while also giving toughness + a bit of vitality really. If you don’t want to go into water traits you don’t really have much choice when it comes to amulets as an ele: 10k health simply isn’t feasible in pvp, but 13k is a start (then you can go barbarian jewel for 15k).

I command you to be AWESOME.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Legionnaire
+798 Power
+569 Precision
+284 Toughness
+284 Vitality

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Dire amulet
798 condi dmg
569 vit
569 toughness

Dire Jewel
125 condi dmg
75 vit
75 toughness

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Dire won’t make it to pvp lol

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Dire will just make everyone angry.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

798 Power
569 Thoughness
569 Healing

For Elementalists who want to trait into a non-crit support build. Valkyrie would waste 15% crit damage if said Elementalist wants to trait 20/0/0/20/30 instead of 0/20/0/20/30.

284 Power
284 Vitality
569 Healing
798 Toughness

Also, would it be messy to buff the celestial?

798 Power
569 Toughness
284 Healing
284 Precision

798 Power
284 Toughness
284 Healing
284 Precision
15% Crit Damage

Alerie Despins

(edited by Alekt.5803)

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

every combination that contains +284 vitality :P

The biggest thing we need is a combination that is in between soldiers and berserkers. In theory this should be Barbarians, but vitality is essentially a garbage stat past 400 or so, so nobody uses it.

Ele would benefit from a good power/precision/healing combo (maybe with vitality).

seems like burst is going to be getting a bit of an indirect nerf, since they already have their optimum setup

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

every combination that contains +284 vitality :P

The biggest thing we need is a combination that is in between soldiers and berserkers. In theory this should be Barbarians, but vitality is essentially a garbage stat past 400 or so, so nobody uses it.

Ele would benefit from a good power/precision/healing combo (maybe with vitality).

seems like burst is going to be getting a bit of an indirect nerf, since they already have their optimum setup

This is spot on. Especially vitality being extremely vital for a bit and then becoming pretty garbage from a certain point on, where toughness is needed then.

A buff to or stat-shift on celestial amulet would also be great. I used the jewel a lot of times in soldiers amulet on my ele for a bit of everything, but the amulet simply doesn’t give enough power or condition damage to be of any use.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’d like to see the celestial amulet get some love. Currently it adds 284 to all stats. An easy fix in my view, would just be increasing the power to 569.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

How about every choice PvE has so that pvper’s don’t feel like they’re getting the short one every single time?

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

How about every choice PvE has so that pvper’s don’t feel like they’re getting the short one every single time?

Do you really want to see dire gear in spvp – better condition bunkers? How about perplexity runes on already popular thieve, memser, warrior, etc. interrupt builds? Every single thing added in PVE can’t make it over here as it’s already a mess in WvW small skirmishes.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

798 Power.
569 healing
569 Precision.

and a buff off maybe 42 stat points to Celestial

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Dire should never be added into PvP. Thankfully, the developers pretty much ruled it out in the stream.

The best thing ArenaNet could do for build diversity is add an amulet with power, precision and toughness.

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Legionnaire
+798 Power
+569 Precision
+284 Toughness
+284 Vitality

Oh hell no, that would be the go-to amulet for pretty much every power build with no exceptions, it would kill Berserker, Soldier, and Barbarian amulets, lol. :P

Also, why anyone would suggest a Dire amulet in PvP is beyond me.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

I’d like
798 Power
569 Precision
-569% damage from sigils.

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

I’d like something with Condition Damage with a minor stat. I also wonder if Healing Power could be paired with Precision.

Something like
798 Healing Power
569 Precision
569 Condition Damage

or
798 Healing Power
569 Precision
569 Vitality
although this would be mostly aimed at Vampiric Necros

and perhaps an alteration to Rampagers to be
798 Power
569 Precision
569 Condition Damage

Call me Smith.

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

798 Power
569 Condition Damage
284 Vitality
284 Toughness

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

Templar
+798 Healing Power
+569 Vitality
+569 Toughness

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Just

+798 Power
+569 Vitality
+569 Precision

Here, now Barbarian is usable.

I’d even change Valkyrie to add vitality or precision instead of healing power.

(but I understand some classes actually use it, so it might be fine as it is)

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

When providing suggestions, keep in mind that we’d like to bring over existing stat combinations that exist in PvE/WvW already, but that doesn’t necessarily rule-out creating brand new stat combos. As we mentioned on Ready Up on Friday, the addition of ferocity could open up new combinations with critical damage as the heaviest stat.

Just something to keep in mind!

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

+798 Ferocity
+569 Power
+284 Precision
+284 Vitality or Toughness or Healing Power

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

MOST OF ALL: A greater split between amulet/jewel. Something like 60/40 or even 50/50. As an ele, there are a few builds I can’t make b/c I will be unable to get a mix of toughness/vit that is acceptable, so I usually end up going full-glass. More ways to build balanced would be great.

Secondly, stat combos that I want to see:
1. Knights: Major Toughness, Minor Power/Precision (more dps than soldiers for less defense)
2. Cavaliers: Major Toughness, Minor Power/Crit Damage (similar to knights, but leaning more towards crit builds. Really only works with more control)
3. Assassin: Major precision, Minor Power/Crit Damage (mostly because the jewel can be used to get more precision on a dps build that needs some)
4. PvE Valkyrie: Major Power, Minor Vitality/Crit Damage (again, mostly to get an option for a little more vitality while staying dps)

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

ok i have to suggest the exchange of power for more precision:
Example:
+798 precision
+284 power
+569 vitality or toughness or healing (i’ll leave it to you to decide what’s most suitable)
+15% crit damage or just make both secondary stats +569

This is because there are classes that would like to be a bit hybrid and at the same time take advantage of might stacking traits. currently everyone has a berserk amulet because it’s the best dps amulet to use and if choosing something in between there is no such option in pvp, except for pve (assassins stats)

TBH, for example; i wanted to get the fire trait for elementalist that gives might per fire spell cast. but tbh i don’t see any use of it as i tried going for a bit defensive amulet but it still does terrible damage. i didn’t intend to focus on something defensive but all the options i see is all power and crit, all power no crit (soldier), and no power + awesome defense. ofc rampager has a wasted stats ( condition)
so nothing in between.

so TL;DR. for the same reason assassin equipment was added, add IT or something SIMILAR to it to spvp.

thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I would like to see a new stat combo. We got similar sets like power or condition but I would like to see what kind of builds pop up with precision main. For one I’m thinking it could help open up flamethrower builds.

+798 Precision
+569 Vitality
+569 Toughness

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I don’t know

But i d think that with exception of celestial, all others combos should have only 3 stat, ex:
- Power, toughness and vitality
- Condition Dmg, Toughness and Vitality
- Healing Power, Toughness and Vitality.

I d think also that instead predefined stat combo (as already are), all amulets could grant a major stat, and all jewels could grant a minor stat.
Each amulet (major stat) could bear 2 jewels (minor stats), ex:

• Power Amulet (major) + Precision Jewel (minor) + Toughness Jewel (minor)
  • Precision Amulet (major) + Power Jewel (minor) + Toughness Jewel (minor)
  • Toughness Amulet (major) + Power Jewel (minor) + Precision Jewel (minor)
    Or even
  • Power Amulet (major) + Power Jewel (minor) + Power Jewel (minor)

Pros:
- More build diversity.
- Players don’t have about QQ because all classes can choose the best for themselves and your respective builds.
- Unlock program space allowing spend extra space with another things (instead all actual and incoming combo stats, could have only 10 amulets and 10 jewels each one increasing points in one stat as power, precision, ferocity, cond damage, cond duration, boon duration, heal power, toughness and vitality. Celestials could grant points in all stats as already)

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I would like to see main Power/ secondary Healing Power combos for my elementalist. I assume toughness as a third stat would be too powerful (hence Valkyrie’s amulet), but Vitality would be really cool in this condition-meta (especially for a low health ele).

Power (main)
Healing Power
Vitality

For ferocity, this could lead to some very interesting builds for arcane eles, unsuspecting foe warriors, etc. It needs Power in there.

Ferocity (main)
Power
Healing Power/ Toughness/ Vitality (I would like to see all three variations)

Finally, for damage/ condition damage hybrids:

Power/ Precision/ Condition Damage

Similar to Rampager’s, but with different variations for the main stat. For example, an elementalist or a guardian would want to have power as the main stat. Other professions might prefer Cond. Damage instead.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I’d like to see the Shaman’s/Apothecary’s sets added as well as PvE style Valkyrie (Power, Crit, Vit)

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

PvE Valkyrie would be really cool, but without overriding the pvp version please.

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Rapidirepower
798 condi dmg
569 power
569 toughness

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

MOST OF ALL: A greater split between amulet/jewel. Something like 60/40 or even 50/50. As an ele, there are a few builds I can’t make b/c I will be unable to get a mix of toughness/vit that is acceptable, so I usually end up going full-glass. More ways to build balanced would be great.

1. Knights: Major Toughness, Minor Power/Precision (more dps than soldiers for less defense)
2. Cavaliers: Major Toughness, Minor Power/Crit Damage (similar to knights, but leaning more towards crit builds. Really only works with more control)
3. Assassin: Major precision, Minor Power/Crit Damage (mostly because the jewel can be used to get more precision on a dps build that needs some)
4. PvE Valkyrie: Major Power, Minor Vitality/Crit Damage (again, mostly to get an option for a little more vitality while staying dps)

This is pretty much spot on. Shifting some of the stats from the amulet to the jewels would open up a lot more combinations. As it is right now, for example, if you use an amulet without vitality (and there are quite a few) you can only get max 125 vitality from a jewel. And for classes with 10k base health vitality is an extremely important stat, until around 15k health where I feel comfortable in pvp. Which of course means medium and high base health classes can use all the amulets without vitality and still be viable.

For example as an ele if you don’t spec water, you simply can’t go without vitality on your amulet. 10k health simply isn’t viable in pvp no matter how much toughness you stack.

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

Dire amulet
798 condi dmg
569 vit
569 toughness

Dire Jewel
125 condi dmg
75 vit
75 toughness

That about sums up the last 6 months of PVP right there.

If this actually makes it into the game, I will suicide IRL.

All is vain

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

My dream combo in PvE back before the stat was removes was Precision Primary with Heal Power and Magic Find secondary. If “giver” armor ever actually gets FIXED, I’d take Precision Primary with Heal Power and Boon Duration secondary in a heartbeat.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in PvP

Posted by: Miaz.8521

Miaz.8521

Cond/Vit/Toughtness

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

+999 crit damage
+999 power
+5% crit chance

hehehehehe

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Precision
Healing power
Toughness (or vitality it’s too OP)

Ps I don’t PvE, so don’t know if it’s possible

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Precision + healing power would be a pretty neat combination, different from anything we already have in spvp.

In pve there is the magi set which gives healing power, precision and vitality, i think that would be a cool addition to spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Precision + healing power would be a pretty neat combination, different from anything we already have in spvp.

In pve there is the magi set which gives healing power, precision and vitality, i think that would be a cool addition to spvp.

Oh nice.. yeah I thought so, lots of cool new stuff you could do with various classes running that.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

My suggestion: Bring Dire to PvP so that condition damage has to be balanced finally.
When you know that Dire is too powerful why did you even bring it into WvW? In order to get it balanced for WvW it should be brought to PvP which would lead to a condition nerf which is needed.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Legionnaire
+798 Power
+569 Precision
+284 Toughness
+284 Vitality

This combo and dire are the two which should never be seen. This combo would ruin the game instantly. With that being said, I fully expect anet to introduce this stat combo because they want to use it on their warriors just so they never die and have even more dps.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

When providing suggestions, keep in mind that we’d like to bring over existing stat combinations that exist in PvE/WvW already, but that doesn’t necessarily rule-out creating brand new stat combos. As we mentioned on Ready Up on Friday, the addition of ferocity could open up new combinations with critical damage as the heaviest stat.

Just something to keep in mind!

Got a question if you will, Josh. Lord Helseth mentioned on his TwitchTV (as well brought up by you guys at the first part of the Ready Up) Ferocity won’t actually make it into PvP. This means it will only stay in PvE/WvW and we PvPers are still left with Precision, thus thinking up new Amulets using Ferocity is a waste of time.

Is this true?

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Agree 100%, it is terrible. Should have an amulet with 3 jewels or something. So make the amulet 40% of the stats and the jewls 20% each.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I would like to see knights amulet:
Toughness (major)
Power (minor)
Precision (minor)

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Yea can the gems get more of the stats so it can open up more interesting combinations.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Legionnaire
+798 Power
+569 Precision
+284 Toughness
+284 Vitality

This combo and dire are the two which should never be seen. This combo would ruin the game instantly. With that being said, I fully expect anet to introduce this stat combo because they want to use it on their warriors just so they never die and have even more dps.

Personally I think this is one of the best sets they could add. The pace of the game really slogs when builds are forced to take soldiers to have any amount of staying power; giving them an offensive option that isn’t as reckless as berserker but can still deal dps would be great.

It seems you are worried about this stat combo pushing out berserker… but the matchup between legionnaire and zerk is pretty close to the matchup between zerk and zerk imo

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Some cavalier from pve , knights would be OP , especialy gotta watch out for classes with a precision/ferocity traitline – thief , mesmer , ele and maybe even a power ranger.

Cavalier
-power
-toughness (main)
-ferocity , Or ferocity+healing

Celestial – needs a buff , ill put my trust into Anet , since this is the perfect opportunity for it.
I play a full celestial necro in wvw. Keep in mind , for celestial to shine, you need to hit BOTH of your damage skills , power and condi. Most others pick 1 main for damage and other weaponset for defense,escape , utility.

New stat idea
-ferocity (main ) maybe swap with precision to not get +45% crit
-precision
-power (low)
- vitality (low) every spec need at least a small defense , maybe healing

Also new rampagers, but focus on power
-power (main)
-precision
-condi dmg (low)
-vitality (low) or other def stat..

General rule of
-gear offensive
- trait defensive
Will remain. Most top or power lines are VERY LACKING (Ele, necro minors,..) so power main stat is best wasted on amulet than traits.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Legionnaire
+798 Power
+569 Precision
+284 Toughness
+284 Vitality

what are you talking about? this stat combo is very balanced.

let me write it down for everyone to see again.

Legionnaire
+798 Power
+569 Precision
+284 Toughness
+284 Vitality

they should also introduce this stat combo for PvE though.

Legionnaire (PvE)
major: Power
minor: Precision, Toughness

since prefixes in PvE only have 1 major and 2 minor.

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

offensive celestial
+ferocity (medium)
+precision (medium)
+power (medium)
+condi (medium)
+vitality or toughness (low or none)

or buff celestial.

If you just gave us more customization with rings or accessory’s then you wouldn’t need to add more stat combos in the first place.
Pvp stat customization is terrible compared to pve, jewels are basically worthless, the jewel to amulet ratio should be 50/50 or atleast 60/40.

Why do pve players have more options with their stat customization. You say you want the game to be simple for new players but most players come to pvp from pve so im sure they will be able to figure out a few extra pieces. If anything not being able to have their specific pve stat setup in pvp will hinder them.

TLDR. add a ring to pvp and decrease the stats of amulets to make it a 40/30/30 stat ratio. Then we would have tons more stat customization without the need for any new stat combos.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

why not just give us 10 items to mix and match already? that would be fantastic.
back item cannot since it is a skin display item, so no stats on the back item.

give us.

amulet + jewel

ring1 + jewel
ring2 + jewel

accessory1 + jewel
accessory2 + jewel

and all possible stat combos.

i.e.
Major: something
Minor: something

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

I don’t know

But i d think that with exception of celestial, all others combos should have only 3 stat, ex:
- Power, toughness and vitality
- Condition Dmg, Toughness and Vitality
- Healing Power, Toughness and Vitality.

I d think also that instead predefined stat combo (as already are), all amulets could grant a major stat, and all jewels could grant a minor stat.
Each amulet (major stat) could bear 2 jewels (minor stats), ex:

• Power Amulet (major) + Precision Jewel (minor) + Toughness Jewel (minor)
  • Precision Amulet (major) + Power Jewel (minor) + Toughness Jewel (minor)
  • Toughness Amulet (major) + Power Jewel (minor) + Precision Jewel (minor)
    Or even
  • Power Amulet (major) + Power Jewel (minor) + Power Jewel (minor)

Pros:
- More build diversity.
- Players don’t have about QQ because all classes can choose the best for themselves and your respective builds.
- Unlock program space allowing spend extra space with another things (instead all actual and incoming combo stats, could have only 10 amulets and 10 jewels each one increasing points in one stat as power, precision, ferocity, cond damage, cond duration, boon duration, heal power, toughness and vitality. Celestials could grant points in all stats as already)

why not just give us 10 items to mix and match already? that would be fantastic.
back item cannot since it is a skin display item, so no stats on the back item.

give us.

amulet + jewel

ring1 + jewel
ring2 + jewel

accessory1 + jewel
accessory2 + jewel

and all possible stat combos.

i.e.
Major: something

I dislike these two posts because they both contain ways that Dire could be forcibly put into PvP. This shouldn’t happen for various reasons, unless you want to be like this guy…

My suggestion: Bring Dire to PvP so that condition damage has to be balanced finally.
When you know that Dire is too powerful why did you even bring it into WvW? In order to get it balanced for WvW it should be brought to PvP which would lead to a condition nerf which is needed.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Power (main)
Precision
toughness
Ferocity

Sames stats amount as the berserker amulet now.
But toughness in place for vitality