Who can hardcounter eles 1v1 on point?

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I’m not really sure about how can you think that that is a perfectly valid and irrefutable proof that Cele Necro hardcounters D/D ele…

I’m not really sure about how you can think I think that rather than think I value it as considerable citation material regarding this discussion; Internet-based mind-reading and mind-reading in general is altogether ludicrous to me to begin with, though.

Exactly. In the case of ele, that experience is to know you will lose so don’t 1v1 them.

While that may be your experience, you’re no authority to say that of the rest of us.

Can we please nerf blinding ashes and burning speed already? It takes absolutely no skill.

Blinding Ashes is weak for a Grandmaster Trait by its application of single-target blind with a global recharge, and was considered for buffing by both ArenaNet as well as the community. Also, other classes have better evades that are easier to use as evades as well. Perhaps you meant Ring of Fire? Even then, you have to actually touch the ring to get burned.

I take back what I’ve said previously. D/d ele’s are way OP and need a major nerf.

That’s your opinion, and I completely and wholeheartedly disagree with it.

Pre-patch I had a ranger specifically for countering eles if we were going against 2 of them.

It wasn’t a popular build but it did well against eles and rejecting shoutbow warriors banner. 2/0/6/6/0.

Condi rangers have not benefited from burn damage as much as eles and guards have. The spec I ran pre patch got watered down badly.

Ignoring team composition or any kind of team play whatsoever, I’m sure a similar ranger build can be made post patch that could counter ele 1v1.

I also have problems with some rangers. Pre patch i hunted them and they could only disengage cloaked or die. Now i encounter condi rangers that kill me. So i have to be very careful ready to disengage.

I consistently lost to Trap Ranger as a Dagger/Dagger Elementalist today while practicing 1v1; it was harsh because he would time his condition stacking against my Water Attunement. I got lucky once and beat him once, though.

That said, I don’t think it makes for a good hard counter given that an Elementalist more experienced with the match-up could save his Cantrips (or specifically just Lightning Flash) to get out of the Traps and Bonfire after getting hit with Entangle or Muddy Terrain.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

I’m gonna get hate for saying this… but MAYBE gs s/a melee ranger. I don’t think it should work and would laugh at anyone who says it would… but it seems to work.

Strange – then it was no coincidence, when I saw one of these take down a d/d ele. Refreshing.
Would love to actually see you take a shot at it.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I consistently lost to Trap Ranger as a Dagger/Dagger Elementalist today while practicing 1v1; it was harsh because he would time his condition stacking against my Water Attunement. I got lucky once and beat him once, though.

Are you saying that player condi-spiked when you when into water or just after you came out of water?

in PvP

Velimere.7685

Are you saying that player condi-spiked when you when into water or just after you came out of water?

It wasn’t necessarily before I swapped out of Water Attunement. Sometimes I’d have to use Evasive Arcana in Water Attunement before any of the weapon skills, and if he knew my Cleansing Wave was also on recharge, then he wouldn’t wait until after I swapped. He literally had me locked down good.

in PvP

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

LB Power Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I’m gonna get hate for saying this… but MAYBE gs s/a melee ranger. I don’t think it should work and would laugh at anyone who says it would… but it seems to work.

Well, pre-patch I remember a d/d celec Ele telling me that axe warrior is very hard for him. I tihnk its the same logic with the new melee ranger, he can spike high and fast and out damage the sustain of D/D eles. Glad its working

in PvP

Posted by: Gizmorage.6412

Gizmorage.6412

Well, pre-patch I remember a d/d celec Ele telling me that axe warrior is very hard for him. I tihnk its the same logic with the new melee ranger, he can spike high and fast and out damage the sustain of D/D eles. Glad its working

Yeah this still works, but these aren’t the most common, to say the least.

“Trust me, i’m a medic”

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Pre-patch I had a ranger specifically for countering eles if we were going against 2 of them.

It wasn’t a popular build but it did well against eles and rejecting shoutbow warriors banner. 2/0/6/6/0.

Condi rangers have not benefited from burn damage as much as eles and guards have. The spec I ran pre patch got watered down badly.

Ignoring team composition or any kind of team play whatsoever, I’m sure a similar ranger build can be made post patch that could counter ele 1v1.

LOl man, 2-0-6-6-0 was one of the post popular trait setup outhere, even LB build started to use it cus it was so defensive.
Condi rangers can kill D/D ele but now sometimes they run dimondskin which makes everything much harder.

I created that build to initially counter hambow warriors around the time they started picking up heat then later refined it to poison master/survival cleanse as a defense to shoutbows and eles. I don’t spend as much time in-game as I used to pre-patch but you’ve piqued my curiosity about countering diamond skin ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

That said, I don’t think it makes for a good hard counter given that an Elementalist more experienced with the match-up could save his Cantrips (or specifically just Lightning Flash) to get out of the Traps and Bonfire after getting hit with Entangle or Muddy Terrain.

Hi Velimere – yep the best eles are also the most annoying sometimes because you can never kill them. They bail out to help secure another point instead of fighting to the end…which I think is also very smart. .

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

I disliked thieves because good ones are a diamond in the rough and the rest are bad. It gets worse when you have 2 bad thieves on your team. But they didn’t stop me from playing as they were only a minor pest.

The buff they gave to elementalists while lobotomizing engineer’s traits and specializations did cause me to stop playing the game post patch. I’ve always hated eles. I liked the game much more pre patch because shoutbow warriors became a thorn on eles’ spine.

2 weeks ago, I thought I’d give the game a try again because at least there were mesmers that regulated this nasty elementalist outbreak.

Days later they nerf mesmers…while eles remained untouched. I’ll return on the next patch, but who knows when that will be.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Shiro Mallyx sword/sword and axe/mace revs obviously

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Blinding Ashes is weak for a Grandmaster Trait by its application of single-target blind with a global recharge

Doesn’t blinding ashes have a cd for every target individually? like it can proc on 5 guys in a row.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

top players are not gonna stage a duel…and it’s the only way to prove your point, this or looking at a celestial nec jumping against a dd ele in esl destroying him (And trust me…it’s not gonna happen)

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/9456915

2:31:00 – watch the mid point.
And before you say that Nos had high DS, he hardly used it and could have started it with 5% with the same outcome.

He is going to ask for 5 more examples because that situation was an outlier. Trust me. He has made up his mind.

gonna try with exact same builds, i dunno the level of that ele (I’m not na so u dunno the level of players outside abj) but i’m gonna ask the best nec i can find (Hopefully proto if he want too test it) vs some top ele and we’ll see

i’ll let you know how it ended

Ok, how about this:

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/10124128

7:39:00

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I don’t think he truly disbelieves that Necro’s counter Ele’s. He’s just being stubborn.

in PvP

Velimere.7685

Blinding Ashes is weak for a Grandmaster Trait by its application of single-target blind with a global recharge

Doesn’t blinding ashes have a cd for every target individually? like it can proc on 5 guys in a row.

It does not.

top players are not gonna stage a duel…and it’s the only way to prove your point, this or looking at a celestial nec jumping against a dd ele in esl destroying him (And trust me…it’s not gonna happen)

And before you say that Nos had high DS, he hardly used it and could have started it with 5% with the same outcome.

He is going to ask for 5 more examples because that situation was an outlier. Trust me. He has made up his mind.

gonna try with exact same builds, i dunno the level of that ele (I’m not na so u dunno the level of players outside abj) but i’m gonna ask the best nec i can find (Hopefully proto if he want too test it) vs some top ele and we’ll see

Ok, how about this:

I love how he chased him off of the point. That was solid gold.

(edited by Velimere.7685)

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m not going to say it “hard counters” Ele by any means at all but I believe that most professions running zerker amulet with offensive traits should be able to make fairly quick work of them.

They have a lot of sustain and can deal high damage if they stack their might high enough or if you let them stack burns on you constantly but generally they don’t hit that hard and they still have a relatively low health pool. Land a few CC’s if you can manage and be extremely aggressive. I run a zerk amulet with full offensive traits on my Warrior in PvP and +1 points a lot. Either I’m better than I think or most of the Ele’s I’ve fought are bad, one or the other, but I’ve won versus plenty of Ele’s, on point, 1v1. The damage is just too much for them to outheal and they end up kiting within the first 20 – 30seconds of the fight.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Ok, how about this:

Denshee wasn’t the only victim of Nos during WTS either. Look at 6:11:10.

From what I can see, Nos didn’t lose a single 1v1 vs any other top ele in WTS. Does this satisfy your definition of counter?

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Ok, how about this:

From what I can see, Nos didn’t lose a single 1v1 vs any other top ele in WTS. Does this satisfy your definition of counter?

Where is the OP? Is he hiding somewhere?

in PvP

Velimere.7685

Ok, how about this:

Intel suggests he has gone underground.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Ok, how about this:

Please come back OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Not even that, since a D/D ele can probably sustain 2 D/D eles for as long as he wants.

Dont forget its not just their sustain thats op but also their dmg.
According to Phantaram 2 fire cele dd eles dueling eventually results in either one dying.

Honestly pre-patch meta was more fun. It’s all cheese now. DD eles – good at everything+mobility, thieves&mesmers endless stealth with enormous amount of sustain heals, bunkers everywhere. The only good thing was that we got to change builds which is somewhat refreshing however, the diversity only got worse for most classes

in PvP

Jasher.6580

This reminds me of that time I was telling everyone that Hambow Warriors countered Spirit Rangers and nobody would listen to me until Spirit Rangers were getting wrecked by Warriors in the next tournament.

Nobody ever listens to me…

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Ok, how about this:

Please come back OP.

i’m here kids don’t worry

anyway yeah i really hope to see necros countering eles in europe esl too…would be pretty good actually

we’ll see next sunday…i’ll be glad to see something finally pushing celestial eles out of meta after 1 year or reterdness

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Ok, how about this:

Please come back OP.

anyway yeah i really hope to see necros countering eles in europe esl too…would be pretty good actually

we’ll see next sunday…i’ll be glad to see something finally pushing celestial eles out of meta after 1 year or reterdness

Well the thing with EU is that no decent necros currently exist. You know things are dire when the most well known necros in EU are Leeto and Prince Vingador.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Ok, how about this:

Please come back OP.

Well the thing with EU is that no decent necros currently exist. You know things are dire when the most well known necros in EU are Leeto and Prince Vingador.

Leeto doesn’t run Cele Signet Necro and never will. He told me he would rather suck kitten than run that build.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Trap ranger. It’s one hell of a duel and you need to be awake but in my experience it normally comes out on top.
Rough build was sbow, s/d, trap/survival utilities.

(edited by SolarDragon.7063)

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Trap ranger. It’s one hell of a duel and you need to be awake but in my experience it normally comes out on top.
Rough build was sbow, s/d, trap/survival utilities.

This one seems a little sketchy to be honest. But on paper I can see why Trap Ranger would do well.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I think the best 1 v 1er on point is s/a gs ranger. Can’t do as well in a team fight as d/d ele though.

in PvP

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

Malyx Revenant counters dd ele pretty darn well… just gotta wait a few more months :P

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

I think we can safely assume Necro Cele is the best at killing Cele ele while not losing the point in 5 secs. Even Noscoc feels confident 1v1ing top tier eles. The problem is that once the enemy team +1 the ele, the necro has NO chance of escape, unlike the ele who could easily escape.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Velimere.7685

I think we can safely assume Necro Cele is the best at killing Cele ele while not losing the point in 5 secs. Even Noscoc feels confident 1v1ing top tier eles. The problem is that once the enemy team +1 the ele, the necro has NO chance of escape, unlike the ele who could easily escape.

Just make Dark Path a ground-target and the problem is solved.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

There’s also flesh wurm which can help a disengage, but in cele signets, you have to run it over spectral armor, which is a very tough choice to make, but potentially more powerful if you take the time to master it.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

There’s also flesh wurm which can help a disengage, but in cele signets, you have to run it over spectral armor, which is a very tough choice to make, but potentially more powerful if you take the time to master it.

I wouldn’t use flesh worm unless it’s temple or khylo.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

I think the best 1 v 1er on point is s/a gs ranger. Can’t do as well in a team fight as d/d ele though.

Pets die to fast against burning/cleave even in 1vs1. And without the pet, a (melee) ranger isn’t strong anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

It’s not so much that no good Necros are on EU, its more that those that mained Necro either switched to another class or stopped playing.

Besides, people forget that Phantaram himself even said that Nos’ main objective during the WTS was basically just to die slowly and keep Tage busy, so they could go around and backcap and not get completely obliterated in fights while oRNG were busy slapping Nos around.

in PvP

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

Dunno about hardcounter but I’ve spent all morning wrecking ele on my ranger, it’s. Been fun