Who's legitimately happy with their class?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Here’s my list in terms of class unhappiness in PvP according to forum complaints.
Top is worse
1. Ele
2. Thief

That ends my list. Anyone else uncontent with their class? Who should be 3rd & 4th picks?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Rifle Warrior

/15quaggans

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Me a mesmer main. I’m also happy with thief. Bur right now I love my mesmer.
I’m sure warrior mains could say the same.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Well, I mean, that depends on how one defines “happy.”

I am not content with Druid/Ranger, but I am happy with it.

I have fun playing it. I love tons of things about it.

But I also know it can be improved. Sword 2 can activate much faster. Vanilla pets can be buffed. etc…

But those things don’t stop me from loving the profession.

If that makes any sense…

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Well, I mean, that depends on how one defines “happy.”

I am not content with Druid/Ranger, but I am happy with it.

I have fun playing it. I love tons of things about it.

But I also know it can be improved. Sword 2 can activate much faster. Vanilla pets can be buffed. etc…

But those things don’t stop me from loving the profession.

If that makes any sense…

Yup make perfect sense and that’s what I was going for. There may be a lot of items on Guardian that i’m not 100% content with but i’m generally happy with the class.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Bad thieves hate the state of thieves. Actually, thieves do need some changes. Less burst (in pvp only) and a little less reliance on evading. Though I think the whole idea of needing to evade every attack gives the class actual skill. That’s hard to come by in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I’m so happy right now with guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I am unhappy with the state of necromancer. Our only viable builds are condition builds. Power builds just dont work. Reaper was supposed to be more of a power elite spec and yet it is still condi… Greatsword is a joke in spvp.

Well this isnt much of a problem in spvp but more a WvW roaming problem but for a profession that is supposed to be hard to run from it is really easy to run from a necro.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

I think people who play any class that has a meta build (or is assumed to have a place in the upcoming meta) will be happy overall, even if there are other issues with that class.

Couldn’t be further from the truth. Ele has been meta for all three seasons of PVP so far, and during each season I was unhappy with the class’s pvp status. This last update only made things even worse.

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Revenant – meh. The continuous theme of nerfing without giving anything back (LIKE CONDI CLEAR) is getting old. This class will soon become Thief/Warrior Season 1 if this keeps up, especially with the death of Cleric Ele which carried Revenants hard.

Thief – its ok…the role of being a ganker and runner just isn’t for me. I used to main thief before specializations when they weren’t so pidgeonholed and could put up a better fight.

Engineer – Haven’t really touched since last balance patch. I imagine Healing Turret is popular again?

Mesmer – Still need more time to see how power mesmer will fit in the meta after patch. I will say, in WvW it is not fun getting 100-0’d in an instant again with the return of Mantra of Distraction Shatter Mesmers.

Druid – Good spot IMO.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I am happy to have a Team.

I don’t care about classes or build anymore.

They nerfed all of my meta builds since released anyway.

They removed more than 80% of the builds viability until the top 300. Man it was fun to play whatever you want and be good with it. Now, that’s not working anymore.

June 2015 Patches did killed Builds viabilities and varieties. Even if Colin said they will not. With false promise like Elite spec will be on par with Core spec. And working on removal of options while they should had work to give us MORE.

Paying customers NEED MORE options, not less.

I feel I play a LAME game compare to Gw2 CORE before June patch.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I am happy to have a Team.

I don’t care about classes or build anymore.

They nerfed all of my meta builds since released anyway.

They removed more than 80% of the builds viability until the top 300. Man it was fun to play whatever you want and be good with it. Now, that’s not working anymore.

June 2015 Patches did killed Builds viabilities and varieties. Even if Colin said they will not. With false promise like Elite spec will be on par with Core spec. And working on removal of options while they should had work to give us MORE.

Paying customers NEED MORE options, not less.

This … Well i still care about classes … Playable but a lot of the fun has been reduced. Well i play mor or less only ele + warr but reducing diversity across the board hurts.

in PvP

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Druid – Good spot IMO.

The core class got tons of stuff they could work on. Including core pets.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I am quite happy with my Necromancer spamming 111 on scepter pre-hot and post hot.
It has been quite fun indeed! Who needs to use anything else? naaah

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

+1

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

The only two of my classes I enjoy atm are warrior and mesmer. It amazes me that anet thinks all this invuln is healthy while you can roflstomp people.

Really not happy with ranger/druid. Still want to tie the pets to a steak and burn them. Wish that the class could actually build for dmg. Has tones of crap weapons and traits still. We had this whole constructive thread about shortcomings and points that may be to strong, all we got was bugfixes and nerfs.

Thief not happy with. Obvious stealth attack QQ. On top of that d/p is still too good to pass up other sets. Requires way to much outplay some targets. Might as well afk if vs guard as there is very little you can do.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I honestly don’t have a class to call my own since D/D Ele got gutted. I have had fun on my Herald, Chrono, Reaper, Scrapper, and Druid, I had and few good moments on my DH when I played that in Season 2. Season 3? Well what season 3? I think I had maybe 11 to 15 Ranked matches all of Season 3, match maker in sPvP made me so jaded I get a bit angry just thinking about the time I’ve wasted having so many headaches after headaches during Seasons 2 and 3.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

The only build I’m enjoying in PvP at the moment is perma resistance/quickness build…

I’m used to support roles, getting in peoples faces and forcing people to focus me is my style of play and warrior is all I have left for that now.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: BigEvs.6971

BigEvs.6971

Tempest is the worst thing to happen to the Elementalist in years. Its nerfing was a mercy-killing imo, so I’m happy about that I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Tempest is the worst thing to happen to the Elementalist in years. Its nerfing was a mercy-killing imo, so I’m happy about that I guess.

Yes I guess that’s one positive way to look at it. It’s just sad to think about the wasted potential of this game. They had everything they need to make something remarkable for a competitive mmo.

Deciding to not add a GvG mode was probably the moment where they took the wrong turn.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

They whacked both tempest and base ele with the nerfbat when they should have just took power away from tempest and gave it to base ele.

in PvP

BigEvs.6971

Yes I guess that’s one positive way to look at it. It’s just sad to think about the wasted potential of this game. They had everything they need to make something remarkable for a competitive mmo.

Deciding to not add a GvG mode was probably the moment where they took the wrong turn.

I’m hoping anet just realized that there weren’t many obvious ways to buff ele’s weak points without strengthening bunker ele further. The scepter buffs have clearly been super safe half-measure changes for example. I think ele needed to be kinda demolished, and that includes the nice things we had like 33% cooldown reduction traits.

Tempest was always a dead-end to me in terms of fun. Even the non-bunker builds were, for the most part, just (usually air) overload spam builds or some other gimmick. I think most people who are frustrated with the tempest nerfs are specifically frustrated at ele’s best chance at viability being snuffed out. Still, this could be a sign for something different and (hopefully) more fun to come in the future.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

If they revert the June 23rd patch for Thief S/D I would be happy it is perfectly balanced in today’s game state.

in PvP

BigEvs.6971

They whacked both tempest and base ele with the nerfbat when they should have just took power away from tempest and gave it to base ele.

The collateral damage to vanilla ele kinda sucks, but tbh vanilla ele was already bad. It felt bad before the nerf and it feels about the same, or at least not worse enough for me to feel the difference. It’s hard for it to get much worse.

Tempest being nerfed IS the best chance for power to get transferred to vanilla ele. We don’t know if anet simply needed a beat to see where exactly the nerfs would put ele/tempest on the spectrum of viability.

in PvP

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Necro definitely belongs at 3. It really lost what made it fun two patches ago, and it still is receiving nerfs.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Well I’m Multi classer so I don’t really have the favourite class.

I’m happy with mesmer espically now that I have experienced with a might stacking chronoshatter power mesmer. to me those new amulets kinda pave the way for possible dps support mesmers. I’d say there is a decent amount of build diversity

I’m happy with warriors, even if the condi variant is supereme over the power variant. However as above the new amulets opend the way for perma might strength power warriors to be back thanx to thier incredibly long resistance uptime. I noticed bieng less dependent on discipline now.

I’m happy with DH. Prior to this patch I already played with 3 variants aka the DH, Bunker, The medi trapper and the Burn builds. While the last one is not quite there. It’s definately viable at lower plays.

I got no problems with thiefs. U can run staff, venomshare, dagger pistol. I wish they’d slightly increase thier 1 v 1 potential however. thiefs still play an vital role in the game.

I’m however iffy with tempest. Not really sure if the removal of cleric was such an good idea on top of the nerfs. I’d rather have them rework cleric and lower the healing power instead. from 1000 to 560 instead. Heck they could introduce a dumb stat like expertise to fill in the 1050 point stat instead. U can make it viable with Menders somewhat.However the big problem is that sustain was nerfed without buffing dps options.

I think A-net just dropped the ball. By switcing DH with tempest. I guess in the grand scheme of things it’s not terrible but definately annoying.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Here’s my list in terms of class unhappiness in PvP according to forum complaints.
Top is worse
1. Ele
2. Thief

That ends my list. Anyone else uncontent with their class? Who should be 3rd & 4th picks?

Thief and Ele mains are always unhappy with every balance pach.

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

*raises hand

haha JK Engineer is kitten terrrible. Much like the game. ResidentSleeper

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Not happy with warri atm,we rely Way too much on passives like ep at 50% ep util,adren hp + healsig.It just feels kinda braindead.The same can be said about any other class i fight atm,the entire meta is just braindead.

in PvP

BigEvs.6971

Top is worse
1. Ele
2. Thief

It’s kinda hard to be thrilled about being pigeonholed into cleric bunker.

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Top is worse
1. Ele
2. Thief

It’s kinda hard to be thrilled about being pigeonholed into cleric bunker.

Or a dependent vulture :-(

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Top is worse
1. Ele
2. Thief

Total lie.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I am unhappy with the state of necromancer. Our only viable builds are condition builds. Power builds just dont work. Reaper was supposed to be more of a power elite spec and yet it is still condi… Greatsword is a joke in spvp.

Well this isnt much of a problem in spvp but more a WvW roaming problem but for a profession that is supposed to be hard to run from it is really easy to run from a necro.

It’s hilarious that you call condition builds viable when every class can just shrug them off completely, out-dps and out-tank the necro and pretty much get a free kill. The only time it’s possible to kill someone with condition necro now is if you pop nothing can save you then manage to land shroud 5 and 4 on someone who is distracted/stupid and didn’t just mobility skill away the second you went into shroud. Or the more likely scenario is that you were getting chain CC’d so hard you couldn’t get NCSY off and then you tried to plague signet but it got blocked or missed or something because every other class has perma pulsing aegis it seems like now.

Maybe but honestly my point wasnt about wether condi necro is viable or not, my point was how terrible power necro is…

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Top is worse
1. Ele
2. Thief

Get nerfed for 4 years straight and forced into being team’s pet that is unable to do anything by itself – no wonder really.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Top is worse
1. Ele
2. Thief

I only play three classes these days: Thief, Warrior, Ranger.

I’m actually happy with vanilla warrior and vanilla ranger. (Although I’m still bitter that Anet nerfed the cool downs and radius of warrior’s banners.) Both classes have some build diversity and are durable enough to allow for a few mistakes in play now and then.

Thief is so specialized and so glassy that only really skilled players can make it effective. I’m also not happy with thief because sword dagger is still in a weird place with no true burst and no true sustain.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.