Why do i have to play 2 classes

in PvP

Posted by: Nila.7813

Nila.7813

How is it a legendary journey if i MUST play 2 different classes to get a legendary backpiece? Is it a legendary journey of me or my account? I’m refusing to play another class, I like immersion with my character. It’s just dumb. Just fix it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

Just because you dont like it?

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

guess what the wings look stupid anyways

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Just because you dont like it?

He has a point, it doesn’t make any sense to me either. What is he not allowed to voice opinion on public forum because YOU don’t agree or something????

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

“I dont like something so its dumb. Why is this game not balanced around me, myself and I?”

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

I think they look better than the fractal backpiece.

Rawr?

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

“I dont like something so its dumb. Why is this game not balanced around me, myself and I?”

Or maybe it’s.. “This is dumb so I don’t like it”.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Multi classing is a valuable skill my friend.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

If you don’t play at least 2 different classes, you’re gonna be roally screwed in any competitive team….

Just look at how the meta has changed over the past few weeks, if you were only able to play Warrior, well, you wouldn’t be able to be competitive atm.

in PvP

Posted by: Zargoon.9835

Zargoon.9835

Any competitive player really should be a multi classer, this requirement makes sense.

in PvP

Posted by: Carrion.8249

Carrion.8249

Any competitive player really should be a multi classer, this requirement makes sense.

This. You really should be able to adapt to counter other team comps.

in PvP

Posted by: Collero.7963

Collero.7963

A couple of people told me it’s more than 2 classes that you’ll need to play.

Does anyone know?

Top 10 TeamQ // Rank 1 & 2 SoloQ // 12,000+ sPvP Games
…and what a waste of time it all was.

in PvP

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

Does anyone know?

It looks like you have to play a few hundred games on every class going by the acheivments.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Don’t worry, you won’t be able to get the backpack if you are not a competitive pvp player, and you can not be a competitive player if you only play one profession. So this is a non-issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I also thought it required every class, kinda sucks when you already have champ titles on certain classes that you do not wish to play anymore, I guess that’s typical of anet though, they require you to play the same thing again everytime they change and reset something, lookin at you fractals.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

in PvP

Posted by: Collero.7963

Collero.7963

I hope you guys realise how bad this is for Ranked.

It will force so many players to play classes that they aren’t familiar with at all causing matches to be absolutely awful.

ANet are actually unbelievable…

Top 10 TeamQ // Rank 1 & 2 SoloQ // 12,000+ sPvP Games
…and what a waste of time it all was.

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Its a simple formula, really. Force players to play every class, and “balance” is achieved.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Definitely look better than the fractal backpiece. That said, it feels like the same person designed both and they just ran out of ideas. Neither piece is worthy of a legendary.

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

My necro would never wear the girly-kitten backpiece anyway.

Love how they added I though, should make non-account bound PvP rewards skyrocket in price.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

We strongly believe that regular balance updates are one of the key pillars of building a successful competitive game. As such, prior to each season, there will be a balance update. League play will generally begin about two weeks after a balance update to ensure that the metagame has stabilized in an appropriate manner. Balance will be closely monitored throughout the season with the goal of having solid balance going into the postseason tournaments.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Does anyone know?

It looks like you have to play a few hundred games on every class going by the acheivments.

Is this a few hundred games again or if you have most of the champion titles will that count towards it?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

I’m thief + war main. i have to play 4 classes ?

in PvP

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

I could be wrong here, but from what i was told and seen so far is that you can advance the achievement tracks by just winning 3 matches everyday. So it seems they designed it in a way to let you play the way you want and still advance. However if you ‘want’ the achievements per category you’ll need to expand yourself and try other classes. It seems to be intelligently designed to me that they want you to at least try other ways of playing pvp and to have a broader experience in GW2 in general.

in PvP

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

It wont benefit me or the rest players in ranked if they are forcing me to play classes I don’t like /I don’t know how to play

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Epic.

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Stupid imo. Never had any interest in Alts in any mmo.

in PvP

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Epic.

My main’s a thief.

second’s a warrior…

in PvP

Posted by: ViciousFire.9137

ViciousFire.9137

We strongly believe that regular balance updates are one of the key pillars of building a successful competitive game. As such, prior to each season, there will be a balance update. League play will generally begin about two weeks after a balance update to ensure that the metagame has stabilized in an appropriate manner. Balance will be closely monitored throughout the season with the goal of having solid balance going into the postseason tournaments.

Stop spamming the same kittening kitten in every thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Okay. And i only did it twice lol.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

It will force so many players to play classes that they aren’t familiar with at all causing matches to be absolutely awful.

OR, maybe players will actually practice a bit in unranked, fearing to lose ranked games, and learn something useful out of playing a different profession. Then go to ranked with a rather good level.

In addition, I rarely lose games because my team mates are mechanically bad, or because my opponents are mechanically better than me. It’s usually either a problem of team composition, or of rotations. While the later can not really be addressed, the former can be significantly improved by swapping professions in the beginning of the game to counter comp. So if people start playing different professions, you could actually get better games. QED

At your level, every player is good enough on two or more professions already, so it shouldn’t really be a problem.

in PvP

Sorel.4870

It wont benefit me or the rest players in ranked if they are forcing me to play classes I don’t like /I don’t know how to play

It actually will! Unless you’re a new player, in which case you need not worry about pvp leagues just yet. Please refer to my previous post.

in PvP

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

It actually will! Unless you’re a new player, in which case you need not worry about pvp leagues just yet. Please refer to my previous post.

I have 1k + games in ranked with Mesmer only..allow us plz to have an opinion that doesn’t match yours , instead of trying to convince everyone that your opinion is the only one that’s right

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

This is a really bad idea. It will single-handely lock me and my friend from getting pvp’s legendary backpiece, and, consequently, it turned the entire league system into a disappointment to us both. It’s frustrating, but not surprising, considering Anet’s patch history and anti-hype decisions.

There are players that love the concept of using only a single, main character (like me) and, in some cases, there are those who actually hate playing with alts (like my friend).

Multi-classing might be a requirement to be a top player, but not all competitive players aspire to get to the top. Getting halfway or 3/4th into a league might be a goal enough to many, especially to those that want to prove how far they can go with the character that they like to play, and those goals are perfectly feasible with a single character.

In addition to that, this promotes worse matchmaking, because players will be forced to play professions they do not want to and mess the entire MM system just so they can get this achievement.

Considering that two of the main goals of leagues is to improve matchmaking and give everyone’s an opportunity to build a legendary, it’s doing the exact opposite. This achievement has no meaningful purpose but to arbitrarly exclude part of the community from participating or from having fun.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

This is a really bad idea. It will single-handely lock me and my friend from getting pvp’s legendary backpiece, and, consequently, it turned the entire league system into a disappointment to us both. It’s frustrating, but not surprising, considering Anet’s patch history and anti-hype decisions.

There are players that love the concept of using only a single, main character (like me) and, in some cases, there are those who actually hate playing with alts (like my friend).

Multi-classing might be a requirement to be a top player, but not all competitive players aspire to get to the top. Getting halfway or 3/4th into a league might be a goal enough to many, especially to those that want to prove how far they can go with the character that they like to play.

In addition to that, this promotes worse matchmaking, because players will be forced to play professions they do not want to and mess the entire MM system just so they can get this achievement.

Considering that two of the main goals of leagues is to improve matchmaking and give an opportunity to every one build a legendary, it’s doing the exact opposite. This achievement has no meaningful purpose but to arbitrarly exclude part of the community from participating or from having fun.

Agreed.

in PvP

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

It’s a legendary, it’s not supposed to be easy to acquire. It’s supposed to take time and effort. Nor is it mandatory, that’s why it doesn’t have better stats.

If the effort isn’t worth the prize for you, then I guess you won’t be getting this. I already know it’s not worth it for me, but I’m not going to demand it become easier to acquire just because I don’t feel like putting forth the effort.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

It’s a legendary, it’s not supposed to be easy to acquire. It’s supposed to take time and effort. Nor is it mandatory, that’s why it doesn’t have better stats.

If the effort isn’t worth the prize for you, then I guess you won’t be getting this. I already know it’s not worth it for me, but I’m not going to demand it become easier to acquire just because I don’t feel like putting forth the effort.

But no one is asking for it to be easier to acquire.

I could very well take my 2-3 alts, which I have some pvp experience with, and just do it. Would that make the legendary any harder for me? No. But it would make it incredibly less fun, because I don’t like to play with those characters, which are secondary for a reason, and I wouldn’t especially enjoy using them in “serious”/ less-relaxing pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

I get that it’s supposed to be hard to acquire. I think people are responding to the fact that you cannot get it playing one character, which runs counter to a lot of MMO norms.

in PvP

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Definitely look better than the fractal backpiece. That said, it feels like the same person designed both and they just ran out of ideas. Neither piece is worthy of a legendary.

Matter of taste. The fractal one is MUCH MUCH better for me. The pvp wings is really weird and I think it don’t looks really good in the game. The fractal one is nice (they added an effect to it) and you can really see the fractal universe in it.

in PvP

Teevell.1684

But no one is asking for it to be easier to acquire.

I could very well take my 2-3 alts, which I have some pvp experience with, and just do it. Would that make the legendary any harder for me? No. But it would make it incredibly less fun, because I don’t like to play with those characters, which are secondary for a reason, and I wouldn’t especially enjoy using them in “serious”/ less-relaxing pvp.

There are parts of this game that I find less fun. I don’t particularly enjoy world exploration, but if I want a legendary, I would have to do it. Just because it isn’t fun for you doesn’t mean it won’t be fun for someone else. Again, if you want the legendary, this is what you’ll have to do. Everyone will just have to decide if the requirements are worth the prize.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Stop spamming the same kittening kitten in every thread.

I think it’s the best quote in 3 years and should be copy pasted everywhere, multiple times. But don’t forget to give credit where credit’s due. That masterpiece is from Colin Johanson.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

You mean like having to win 27 ranked matches for each of the 9 professions? So that’s 243 matches to win, mostly solo Q’ing with unfamiliar builds, to get all the achievements. Which ends up to be more like grinding out 500 matches or 10 matches per day for the season. AP hunters will certainly be doing this.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

There are parts of this game that I find less fun. I don’t particularly enjoy world exploration, but if I want a legendary, I would have to do it. Just because it isn’t fun for you doesn’t mean it won’t be fun for someone else. Again, if you want the legendary, this is what you’ll have to do. Everyone will just have to decide if the requirements are worth the prize.

“It’s subjective so it’s justified” isn’t a good argument, though. Anet was very clear at laying out their goals, so if their decisions contradict those, it’s worth calling their attention for that.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-pvp-league-begins-on-december-1/

The Ascension is designed to reward investment in PvP by any player and will require more than one season to complete. You don’t need to be the most skilled player to earn it, but highly skilled players will find that they can progress through the Path of the Ascension faster.

Contradiction 1: “Any player” is not the same as “only those that enjoy multi-classing”. Especially when it is widely known and accepted in the MMO landscape that for every player that enjoys multiple characters there is another one that only plays with a single one.

By Anet’s own logic, this achievement would make the most sense if it was optional instead. Highly skilled players will progress (…) faster, afterall.

Contradiction 2: “Designed to reward investment in PvP” is not the same as “No matter how much you invest in PvP, you won’t be rewarded if you don’t multi-class”. This will create, for certain, plenty of situations where player A will get a legendary while player B will not, simply because player A is a multi-classer and player B hates multi-classing, regardless if player B gets to invest two times, three times, five times or ten times more of their time in PvP than player A. How is such a system designed to reward investment?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-pvp-leagues/

PvP leagues will give players of all skill levels regular goals, better matchmaking, and unique rewards, and they’ll provide a better system for ranked play in Guild Wars 2.

Contradiction 3: “Better matchmaking” is not achieved by forcing players to play alts they’re not good at for the sake of a reward, which WILL happen, regardless if a few others decide that the legendary is worth or not worth the achievement.

Yes, the game should incentivate players to try multi-classing so they can become even better at pvp, but the choice should be ultimately theirs, and never by sheer “either you’ll do it or you’ll be punished with less rewards” enforcement.

AP hunters and “I really want that legendary and that’s the last achievement I need” players will ruin matchmaking.

in PvP

Teevell.1684

“It’s subjective so it’s justified” isn’t a good argument, though. Anet was very clear at laying out their goals, so if their decisions contradict those, it’s worth calling their attention for that.

Yes, the game should incentivate players to try multi-classing so they can become even better at pvp, but the choice should be ultimately theirs, and never by sheer “either you’ll do it or you’ll be punished with less rewards” enforcement.

AP hunters and “I really want that legendary and that’s the last achievement I need” players will ruin matchmaking.

You’re the one who brought up “fun”.

And it’s a LEGENDARY. They’ve been in this game for years, and they have always required people to participate in pretty much every aspect of this game. If you want a legendary, but say, you refuse to complete the world map…then you’re not getting a legendary unless you decide to buy it off the TP. If you don’t want to put forth the effort required to get it, then you’ll just have to make peace with not having one. If you really want it, then you’ll just have to play at least two classes. Maybe, instead of posting here, you should be grinding some matches instead.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

And it’s a LEGENDARY. They’ve been in this game for years, and they have always required people to participate in pretty much every aspect of this game. If you want a legendary, but say, you refuse to complete the world map…then you’re not getting a legendary unless you decide to buy it off the TP. If you don’t want to put forth the effort required to get it, then you’ll just have to make peace with not having one. If you really want it, then you’ll just have to play at least two classes. Maybe, instead of posting here, you should be grinding some matches instead.

Not true. PvE legendaries require you to do exactly what players are expected to do when they play a (mmo)rpg. Combat, world exploration, personal progression, loot collection, money saving, etc. It goes with the genre’s expectations. They determine and reward your dedication as a rpg player, not as a super mario player nor as a racing simulation racer. That’s why stuff like jumping puzzles and mini games are not required for your legendary.

The only exception was with the WvW requirement, which received enough backlash. But Anet slowly toned it down, first by removing it out of world exploration and second by adding badges of honor from ap chests. So it’s pretty much a no-issue nowadays.

In contrast, forcing players to play with two or three different characters goes against the genre’s expectations and what a lot of players expect from a (mmo)rpg: role-playing. It should have been an optional achievement for those that like it, and nothing more.