Why is there no counterplay to rev skills?

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

I play revenant but reaper or mm rekt my glint/shiro if what @OP say is true then his clearly a bad player because most of the player i encounter in spvp right now seems already learn how to counter the revenant not just the UA , Glint Heal and whatever you think is OP with Revenant class. If i spec glint/shiro and my opponent notice it they will condi bomb me to death and when i pop glint heal i hope for the best that they won’t notice it or else i’m dead meat and mostly when i use my shield to heal they just stop attacking so it wont heal me and most of my UA attacks now are block block block or evade evade which is annoying unlike when HoT first came out.

And i read page 1 to page 2 of this thread people here are telling you what to do but clearly you are blinded by your ‘if i cant beat it Nerf it’

(edited by jayson.6512)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Back to topic, you ask why? I will tell you why!
It’s because Revs aren’t Rangers.

That’s fine.

But there needs to be a way to avoid the attack. The suggestions saying to double dodge, hug a wall or interrupt the 3/4s cast time is so unrealistic. Anyways if you’re a revenant you’re using UA from ranged so interrupting it is unlikely.

Thats weird…i dont play rev a lot yet i have no issues with dodging a big chunk of the revs dmg.

Thing is…ppl are used to randomly dodging. I see it non stop. Random dodging vs rev
mean u eat the UA.

Lesson: dont random dodge and just wait for UA to actually time yoru dodges :o

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

What? Are you on crack? High stability uptime? The only stability you get on shiro glint is 1 stack of stab on dodge. And that lasts like what, a second? I wouldnt even bother addressing your other points since they dont even make sense in a 5v5.

2 1/2 – 2 2/3 seconds stab on dodge and if they take Enhanced Bulwark it is 5 seconds.
Of course you don’t respond to my other points. I would do the same if my arguments consist of false claims. Like this “one second of stab”.

If the rev knows what he’s doing he will pop glint heal before you hit him with high damage? Are revs psychics now? They can read your mind? If he successfully does that, it means you got read like a book and outplayed. Nothing to do with glint heal being op.

Shiro heal is pathetic, i wont even bother talking about it. Lmao i dont even main revenant and its extremely easy to counter for me.

He can see my animations. You know, those things that should give you a chance for counterplay. Which is totally fine. Glint heal hasn’t such an animation. Or he just sits in fields. You can’t tell already placed fields to stop dealing dmg because the rev used his heal.

Shiro heal isn’t bad. Low casttime, decent healing over time, free extra dmg. Little counterplay …

Btw, i never wrote, revenant is op.

in PvP

Posted by: benhamann.9570

benhamann.9570

I’d say if Rev is causing you particular difficulty, play a build that counters it. Every job has the tools available. People get used to their builds and don’t want to have to tweak them (understandable), and they would rather just have ANet nerf a class down instead.

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

Exactly, build > skill. Traits and skills became stronger and stronger with trait changes in June and now HoT and have more influence on the outcome of fights than ever. Active counterplay, which – unlike picking the right traits and skills – requires some actual playerskill, is limited more and more. Again – this is not only a rev issue. I wouldn’t mind, i would actually like it, if every single class gets nerfed down to warrior level. At least.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Don’t forget, it’s a team game, where teamplay and comp matter. Just because your build happens to counter theirs and you might have a really difficult time in 1v1 doesn’t mean something is OP, nor does it mean the other player is necessarily bad, nor does it mean you are necessarily good. You’re just built to fight that person, and their team has to adjust if their plan is to send that one person against you, whatever it is you’re doing.

Everyone always wants to demonstrate their enormous individual skill, so there’s this backlash against builds that cause them problems. Does anyone ever stop and think “Oh, this build is giving me a hard time, but that’s OK, because I give all these other builds a hard time”? It certainly doesn’t seem like it.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Fix slow bug with UA plz and add counterplay in the form of outranging it (it even follows u through portal)

in PvP

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

play a rev yourself and you’ll know how to counter everything.

in PvP

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

I’m more confused to how a reaper loses to a rev

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Unrelenting assault and surge from the mist, namely.

Unrelenting assault will hit you like a truck, is an evade, teleports you to the player, and is God kitten nearly impossible to get away from. Where the kittening kitten is the counterplay to this kitten?

Ill quote what I posted in a different thread regarding UA and counterplay.

You can blind/cc the Rev in his casttime (3/4 a sec) animation where he jumps before he does UA.
That way the UA will fail.
UA will also fail if you stand in a blind field, when a Rev does UA on you.
You can dodge/block/invuln/distortion etc. while the Rev is using it on you.

I would not call that almost no counter.

However, I can see that it may deal too high dmg for an ability which already teleports and has evade.

So maybe lower the dmg a bit, but also the cooldown and cost?

There is counterplay vs UA as you can see
During the cast animation and even when the UA is already happening on you
and I probably havent listed all counters.

You seem quite mad. Maybe dont post if you are in a state like that?
When a Rev attacked me with UA I thought at first ‘’wtf that dmg + evade’’.
HoT had just launched and I hadnt taken much time yet to understand how they work. So I tryed Rev myself for a bit to understand them more, so that I have a better chance against them and so that I could see through which methods I can fight them and which counterplay there is vs them.

As you can see there is counterplay.

Edit:
In addition, if there are more targets around (pets, teammates), than UA will be spread around them and wont deal much single target dmg, so that is some form of counterplay too.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

What? Are you on crack? High stability uptime? The only stability you get on shiro glint is 1 stack of stab on dodge. And that lasts like what, a second? I wouldnt even bother addressing your other points since they dont even make sense in a 5v5.

2 1/2 – 2 2/3 seconds stab on dodge and if they take Enhanced Bulwark it is 5 seconds.
Of course you don’t respond to my other points. I would do the same if my arguments consist of false claims. Like this “one second of stab”.

If the rev knows what he’s doing he will pop glint heal before you hit him with high damage? Are revs psychics now? They can read your mind? If he successfully does that, it means you got read like a book and outplayed. Nothing to do with glint heal being op.

Shiro heal is pathetic, i wont even bother talking about it. Lmao i dont even main revenant and its extremely easy to counter for me.

He can see my animations. You know, those things that should give you a chance for counterplay. Which is totally fine. Glint heal hasn’t such an animation. Or he just sits in fields. You can’t tell already placed fields to stop dealing dmg because the rev used his heal.

Shiro heal isn’t bad. Low casttime, decent healing over time, free extra dmg. Little counterplay …

You’re implying rev is op. Stability is a stack. Per dodge. How many dodges does each rev get? That’s right, 2. Its not that hard to do math. Who even uses enhanced bulwark?!

With regards to animation, that also means you got outplayed. Saved his heal for the big inc burst? Gj rev. Im curious though, what kind of animation are you talking about again? Specifically? You can easily tell when glint heal is gonna pop, watch the status bar. Its not rocket science. I get the feeling you’re just bad.

Sitting in fields. LOL. Is warrior op too then? We have a heal skill similar to glint, we just gotta sit in fields to heal. Worst argument ive heard.

Btw, if you actually knew how to set up your burst while he is in shiro instead of glint.. maybe you wouldnt complain about the heals.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

(edited by ReaperJr.5967)

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

You’re implying rev is op. Stability is a stack. Per dodge. How many dodges does each rev get? That’s right, 2. Its not that hard to do math. Who even uses enhanced bulwark?!

With regards to animation, that also means you got outplayed. Saved his heal for the big inc burst? Gj rev. Im curious though, what kind of animation are you talking about again? Specifically? You can easily tell when glint heal is gonna pop, watch the status bar. Its not rocket science. I get the feeling you’re just bad.

Sitting in fields. LOL. Is warrior op too then? We have a heal skill similar to glint, we just gotta sit in fields to heal. Worst argument ive heard.

Btw, if you actually knew how to set up your burst while he is in shiro instead of glint.. maybe you wouldnt complain about the heals.

If you didnt know, Defiant stance has a cast time, Glint heal does not, Therefore you can interrupt defiant stance while you can’t with infused light.

How can this be a worst argument you have ever heard.? Clearly there is a difference between these two.

Glint heal you or may not attack him but 90% of the time in a team fight you will still get some hits while it is active, your team might hit the rev too.

In short.. Instant skills = no counterplay.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

If you didnt know, Defiant stance has a cast time, Glint heal does not, Therefore you can interrupt defiant stance while you can’t with infused light.

How can this be a worst argument you have ever heard.? Clearly there is a difference between these two.

Glint heal you or may not attack him but 90% of the time in a team fight you will still get some hits while it is active, your team might hit the rev too.

Whether you can interrupt it or not is irrelevant to the statement that glint heal is op because you can stand in fields and heal. Defiant stance can do that as well. I’m all for glint heal nerfs but arguments like that are stupid.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Whether you can interrupt it or not is irrelevant to the statement that glint heal is op because you can stand in fields and heal. Defiant stance can do that as well. I’m all for glint heal nerfs but arguments like that are stupid.

Why is it irrelevant? If you can successfully interrupt a heal, that is a big advantage to you.

This the reason why heals that have no cast time or barely or heals that cannot be interrupted, are super strong (withdraw, shelter, i.e)

The reason why glint is OP is because you can basically time your heal in the middle of a burst since its instant.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Why is it irrelevant? If you can successfully interrupt a heal, that is a big advantage to you.

This the reason why heals that have no cast time or barely or heals that cannot be interrupted, are super strong (withdraw, shelter, i.e)

The reason why glint is OP is because you can basically time your heal in the middle of a burst since its instant.

Because he justified it by saying you can heal in fields. Oh my god, is logic that hard to comprehend? K let me break it down simply for you.

Statement implication: glint heal is op partly because you can use it to heal in pulsing damage aoe.

My argument: that justification is ridiculous because defiant stance can do that too.

Could glint heal be viewed as op because of instant cast? Maybe. Is the fact that it is instant cast relevant to the argument that it is partly op because you can use it to heal in pulsing damage fields?. No.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

If the heal capitalizes on pulsing AoE fields, maybe don’t spam them willy nilly, especially when the Rev is nearing a heal point.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

If Infuse Light has no counterplay then neither does Defiant Stance.

Warrior uses Defiant Stance (1/4 cast time), if they don’t get hit, they are kittened. But unlike warrior, rev got a 2nd heal if they kittened Infused Light (0 cast time), there is still the 2nd heal. Ohhh and “i didn’t know Defiant Stance pulses out AOE regen”

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Because he justified it by saying you can heal in fields. Oh my god, is logic that hard to comprehend? K let me break it down simply for you.

Statement implication: glint heal is op partly because you can use it to heal in pulsing damage aoe.

My argument: that justification is ridiculous because defiant stance can do that too.

Could glint heal be viewed as op because of instant cast? Maybe. Is the fact that it is instant cast relevant to the argument that it is partly op because you can use it to heal in pulsing damage fields?. No.

wow. if you cannot understand why infuse light being instant cast is important you are a fool. if someone stunlocks and bursts you, guess what bud? you can actually use infuse light to heal off the burst. warrior can’t activate defiant stance when stunned, and it can be interrupted. if you can’t understand why that makes infuse light essential, and defiant stance not viable idk what more to say.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

If Infuse Light has no counterplay then neither does Defiant Stance.

Warrior uses Defiant Stance (1/4 cast time), if they don’t get hit, they are kittened. But unlike warrior, rev got a 2nd heal if they kittened Infused Light (0 cast time), there is still the 2nd heal. Ohhh and “i didn’t know Defiant Stance pulses out AOE regen”

That’s really not the point. The point is that Infuse Light works exactly the same way Defiant Stance does. It’s a three second window where they absorb damage dealt to them. It has counterplay. Stop attacking them for three seconds and wasted heal. Also enchanted daggers sucks.

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

I know, my english is not the best, but … are my posts really that hard to understand?

You’re implying rev is op. […]

No, i’m not. Yes, i think, some stuff from Rev is just too much, but the same is true for most other elite specs, so compared to those, rev is sort of balanced. Which I – more or less – already mentioned.

And no, I don’t wrote or wanted to imply Glint heal is op because of fields. This was only directed to “It is easy to avoid hitting into the heal, only bad player do so”.

As already stated, the instant activation makes it so strong. It is not only a heal with high healing potential but also an instant invuln on 30 sec cd, which can be used while cc’ed and works even against already applied condis (unlike other invulns).
And no, I’m not implying here, shiro/glint rev is strong vs condis – just in case someone has difficulties with “basic comprehension of the english language".

in PvP

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Whole topic makes me laugh. Go play condicancers, they are balanced.

On topic someone already told the weaknesses, all but one. UA is usually used from range right? It has 450 range and 3/4 sec casttime (with obvious animation). If within the casttime target goes out of range skill canceles and goes for full cd (dodge has I think 360 range meele is like 150, so you can interrupt, do math).

Rev has 3 sources of bigger dmg – one is UA second is surge of mists (look at the weapon he uses), third is AA with quickness (but usually with quickness they can’t make stunbreak cause of high energy costs). Ah also it helps not to stand in whole dragon breath (or something).

Btw scrapper has simmilar skill to UA with triple leap finisher and huge gapmaker/closer with evade frame.

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

Way too much mitigation to still have that damage output. Most picked in ESL NA and EU for a reason.

in PvP

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

Balance issue among others.