Will the feature patch be good?

in PvP

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

This feature patch may or may not be awesome but that doesn’t matter if you continue this trend of months long pauses between balance updates. Balance in PVP is everything. You’ll never get true balance but you can try to balance it often with small adjustments. Waiting months and months for ANY balance changes is infuriating.

try to understand them,they need like 1 year to change a cast time on the pin down or changing a number in the healing signet or switching some traits is too kitten ed hard

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@ANET,

I just hope these are not still the OP specs after this patch…
hambow, decap engi, spirit ranger, mm necro, s/p thief, bunker guardian.

If you add survivability to the ele without reducing its burst damage, you might as well add that to the list as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

For a second I thought we went back in time pre-PAX where everything was:

“THE NEXT PATCH WILL BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE.”

But it never did. And it never will because if you want to balance a game like GW2, you need constant updates that make small changes which are then adapted to and if found broken/OP, fixing them.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Oh look a bunch of useless PR answers. What a surprise.

as always i would add.

O get over yourselfs you too. God knows I am more critical than most. But this is a thread which has drawn some legit insight from the devs and they should be applauded. You really want them to go back to silence like before? They sound genuine and excited. That is a good thing. If any of you ever worked you would know a positive frame of mind is important for a team working on a project like this. I am glad they said things will be good.

As I said in the OP, my biggest concern is that new game modes will be hotjoin only. But I hope if we qq enough about this after release this will change. I am pumped (as I said in OP) for new sigils and runes. This is honestly going to be huge. It is possible this could really shake things up. There is a lot of lame stuff like PW, Diamond skin, AR, Dhuumfire, ALL SPIRITS AND AI. Obviously the game can’t be “good” or truely fun with this cheese around. But new sigils and runes will be huge. Really looking forward to it

This attitude makes people like me look bad on these forums. Yes I am critical about unfun mechanics. But I also give credit where it is due. Honest feedback (like in this thread) is good. Well done anet. Sigil and rune changes is fantastic. I have said for ages that balance is secondary to fixing the broken stuff. Runes were a huge part of this as there are like only 3 good rune sets. And this limited build diversity. I played the same build for 8 months and honestly I am bored of it. New runes should shake things up and maybe introduce a couple of different builds for each class.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

This thread has drawn some legit insight from the devs

Yes fifteen times.

So insight.
Such Wow.

You really want them to go back to silence like before?… This attitude makes people like me look bad on these forums.

???
If you just need a pleasant conversation, there are much better places; if you want a good reputation, go help some new players. But for those of us actually looking to play a better GW2… Anet needs to get their kitten together.
The only reason anyone wanted them to communicate more on these forums is so that Anet could get more feedback and so come to create better patches…

That hasn’t been happening with balance… like at all…
Their communication is strictly top level brainstorming or “we totally love this next release of skyhammmer/dhumfire/ham-bowWarriors/whatever-patch-is-next”
Woop-dee-kittening-doo.
That’s great for them, being happy and proud is wonderful and I’m happy that they can manage it in this situation, but in all seriousness happy devs don’t make up for a bad game…
We want GW2 to be great.
We want GW2 to be fun.

Anet has built this game off of dozens of brilliant ideas, but they always seem to struggle turning good ideas into fun gameplay.
They need help and they have ignored mild mannered logic for two years… so what’s left? What else is there to do but beat the point into them before the last few people just get up and leave?

Maybe then they will actually communicate, they will actually talk about why kittens gone down the way it has and what if anything people can do to help change that. The only reason there is so much resentment on these forums is because people hate seeing so much potential, what could have been such a great game, botched for (what seems to be) no reason.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.2679

Sweetbread.2679

Oh look a bunch of useless PR answers. What a surprise.

as always i would add.

O get over yourselfs you too. God knows I am more critical than most. But this is a thread which has drawn some legit insight from the devs and they should be applauded. You really want them to go back to silence like before? They sound genuine and excited. That is a good thing. If any of you ever worked you would know a positive frame of mind is important for a team working on a project like this. I am glad they said things will be good.

As I said in the OP, my biggest concern is that new game modes will be hotjoin only. But I hope if we qq enough about this after release this will change. I am pumped (as I said in OP) for new sigils and runes. This is honestly going to be huge. It is possible this could really shake things up. There is a lot of lame stuff like PW, Diamond skin, AR, Dhuumfire, ALL SPIRITS AND AI. Obviously the game can’t be “good” or truely fun with this cheese around. But new sigils and runes will be huge. Really looking forward to it

This attitude makes people like me look bad on these forums. Yes I am critical about unfun mechanics. But I also give credit where it is due. Honest feedback (like in this thread) is good. Well done anet. Sigil and rune changes is fantastic. I have said for ages that balance is secondary to fixing the broken stuff. Runes were a huge part of this as there are like only 3 good rune sets. And this limited build diversity. I played the same build for 8 months and honestly I am bored of it. New runes should shake things up and maybe introduce a couple of different builds for each class.

Credit where it’s due? You must have low standards. All they did was say everything was “crazy” and that they love it and it’s really gonna “shake things up”. There is literally 0 useful pieces of information or any transparency in this thread. All they’re doing is throwing the spvp forum a bone in some failure of an attempt to hype the few people that still believe a single word they say up for a long overdue patch that’s still months off. It’s just sad really.

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Since Anet doesnt use a PTR the changes will go live without community feedback. This will mean that it will be a patch filled with gambles.

So it could be really good or it could be really bad (or anything in between).

It will be bad.

That is to say that even if its good the community isn’t clear on the logic or reasoning behind the decisions being made and will respond as such.

Not that a PTR in and of itself would make things better. They did that for EotM and people ended up complaining about that too.

Personally I’ve not been impressed with PvP for the longest time (Conquest only? Really?) and with glory boosters simply just disappearing it reminds me of the FotM reset. ANet <3 temporary content, it can get cut out just like that.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

We want GW2 to be great.
We want GW2 to be fun.

Why wish for the impossible?

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

We want GW2 to be great.
We want GW2 to be fun.

Why wish for the impossible?

We are masochists.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

nice!

errr when will the feature patch kick in?

not 18 march 2014 right?

how many months after that?

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

nice!

not 18 march 2014 right?

There’s no set date… apparently we will get more information when they have made progress. At least that’s what they’ve been saying since as long as I can remember.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Yes fifteen times.

I want Karl to confirm!

This build is so fun, it should certainly shake things up a bit.

Crazy changes are crazy:P

#elepocalype

Let the elements guide you

Im so ready for it you dont even know

nice!

not 18 march 2014 right?

There’s no set date… apparently we will get more information when they have made progress. At least that’s what they’ve been saying since as long as I can remember.

I thought it’s not 1 specific date, it’s 4 different realeases coming 1 after another.

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

(edited by Dwaynas Avatar.1562)

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

#elepocalype

You mean new meta is ele. xD

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Hence why we’ve kept the balance changes to a minimum amount.

Powerr, this makes me think that we’re still going to see the holy quartet of guardian+spirit ranger+warrior+thief.

Maybe this patch will just change it to a holy quintet (+ele) instead of actually changing the meta.

Put our mind at ease. Can you answer these questions about the new build?

Is there a profession/build now that will successfully counter hambow warrior?

Will there be an increased risk or disincentive for teams to bring double hambow?

Is zerker thief dominating all the roamer builds like they are today?

Is there a viable alternative to guardian mid-bunker?

Did you get rid of cheese-decap engie?
————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

And please tell me you guys didn’t do something dumb like give ele’s MORE immunity to conditions.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Staff ele may become the first viable support build. It could allow classes with less access to condi romoval (ie not warriors) much more relevance in the meta…

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: zinavlad.7581

zinavlad.7581

#elepocalype

As much as I’d love to see eles being given love <3~ Can this please not just be a trading warriors for eles situation. If we keep going in a round about flavor of the yearly quarter style then there is no real progress, just the status quo with a new face.

It’s not really going to be like that. Everythings getting new crazy stuff, I am just personally overly hyped about the Ele changes. Honestly I see every class being in a pretty good spot. It’s hard to tell what is going to come out of the build. Hence why we’ve kept the balance changes to a minimum amount.

hahahahaahah you think necro is balanced?
hasn’t mechanical survival as invulnerability-force-evade
as all classes.
necro i have so much life, but not comparable with invulnerability.
necro conditions was ALWAYS nerf, to the point that war-engi-mesmer-renger exceed it in conitions spam.
in damage necro is among the worst in the game.
and you think it is balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

#elepocalype

As much as I’d love to see eles being given love <3~ Can this please not just be a trading warriors for eles situation. If we keep going in a round about flavor of the yearly quarter style then there is no real progress, just the status quo with a new face.

It’s not really going to be like that. Everythings getting new crazy stuff, I am just personally overly hyped about the Ele changes. Honestly I see every class being in a pretty good spot. It’s hard to tell what is going to come out of the build. Hence why we’ve kept the balance changes to a minimum amount.

hahahahaahah you think necro is balanced?
hasn’t mechanical survival as invulnerability-force-evade
as all classes.
necro i have so much life, but not comparable with invulnerability.
necro conditions was ALWAYS nerf, to the point that war-engi-mesmer-renger exceed it in conitions spam.
in damage necro is among the worst in the game.
and you think it is balanced?

If you are stating that necro is UP the door’s that way dude >>>

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

For a second I thought we went back in time pre-PAX where everything was:

“THE NEXT PATCH WILL BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE.”

But it never did. And it never will because if you want to balance a game like GW2, you need constant updates that make small changes which are then adapted to and if found broken/OP, fixing them.

@Lordrosicky ^this.
they are doing only this big update with all unbalanced things,if they don’t try to do how this guy above says they won’t fix NOTHING,NOTHING OF NOTHING.
imo they don’t want to balance,they want some classes to be used…
warrior is useless?perfect overbuff warrior.
necro is useless,perfect overbuff necro.
ele is now in an awful spot? perfect,overbuff ele and so on and on and on and on.
if their philosophy of balancing classes won’t change we will have always the same 2 classes overbuffed, 4 class in medium spot and 2 classes in an awful spot. they have taken 4 months for fixing the sigil of paralyzation,hey but wtf? it’s bugged fix it immediately not after 4 MONTHS.
ppl don’t trust devs anymore,you can see in every thread every day,skyhammer stupid kittenty map won’t be removed,spirit watch the same, 4vs5 won’t be fixed, they don’t care dude,the $ are in pve not pvp,just remove pvp from the game and update your lovely living story that won’t add NOTHING to the game.
got also an infraction points for saying “when balance notes?” but wtf,we only want to know when this patch will land and what it contains,are we asking to land on mars in the next week?come on.

in PvP

Posted by: Surreal.5243

Surreal.5243

I hope you don’t forget about engis since they don’t fit the meta same like eles.

Read it Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I hope you don’t forget about engis since they don’t fit the meta same like eles.

You must be joking.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Surreal.5243

You must be joking.

Not at all (Talking about Top25 tPvP – not some soloq/hotjoin bs)

Read it Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

You must be joking.

Five Gauge somehow manages.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Surreal.5243

You must be joking.

NA…lol

Idk about NA meta and kitten but you will have a huge disadvantage playing one in EU

Read it Backwards [BooN]

(edited by Surreal.5243)

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I can’t believe people are still waiting for some magic patch. For one thing A-net only has enough resources on pvp for things to come very slowly in drips and drabs. The only thing that would save this game for me would be a giant patch that implemented all these things at immediately in the next month or so: Major balance changes, pvp rewards in, ladder/seasons in, alternate game modes in, revamped leader boards with better decay in and better solo queue versus team queue rewards balancing. Hate to burst people bubbles but all that stuff is like a 6 month time frame plus coming for all of it to get in.

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

nice!

not 18 march 2014 right?

Well considering that the WVW season 2 is starting March 28, and ending May 30 AND that they have previously said that they did not want to do any balance changes during a WvW season (as that would be too traumatizing for us, or too overwhelming for our tiny brains), this would lead one to conclude:

First Balance Patch = earliest June 6!!!! So soon! (If its ready by then, do not keep your fingers crossed).

Which leads me to wonder… they claim they want a “shaving” approach to balance. Shaving to me leads me to think of many small changes occurring rather frequently. Kind of like… shaving every morning. So to extend that analogy… instead of shaving every morning, this is closer to shaving once a quarter. Granted, I am not a hairy dude, but if I were to try and use my small daily maintenance razor on a monthly basis – I would have one fugly mess of facial hair. So.. why continue the shaving approach when we have only 1 – 2 balance patches a year?

in PvP

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

#elepocalype

Phhhhhhhhh , don’t need you to tell ,the element guide me through nearly 1 year playing-like-suffer to something-useful :P
May the element guide you too ,don’t try to lose your way again ,mortal :P

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You must be joking.

NA…lol

Idk about NA meta and kitten but you will have a huge disadvantage playing one in EU

If you think engis are UP, I don’t know what to say.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

After seeing something of a preview of the mesmer fixes coming in the featured build, I can honestly say I’m really hyped for this. Combined with the Sigil/Rune pass there is already some preliminary theorycrafting and potential for more build diversity going on.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I remember Powerr saying not too long ago aura share eles were going to see much more play in the meta (that never happened), that he didn’t lose 1v1s, and so on… sorry mr. Tyler, it clearly shows how hyped you are, but color me openly pessimistic.
An additional dodge every 9 seconds, or PBAoE chill, bleed; or even new/improved runes… the only one that that significantly alters gameplay are Lyssa runes (shoosh! no perplexity here, thank you), others consist of passive stat increases or various random procs; I just can’t see how those could improve the game as a whole… unless:

- some of them are significantly altered (I’m not digging the new Runes of Strength just yet, it’s just more passive might stacking = more passive damage, just add to the runes something active like Lyssa’s, some desirable bonus that interacts directly with skills or actions the player does).
-significant balance changes are made (Dhuumfire change is a step in the right direction).
-more stat combos/new amulets (no Dire, thank you).
-something is done to balance the fact that you have condition users doing damage similar to direct damage users while having far superior defense.
-visual/reactive procs:
Example: Incendiary Powder changed to: Your next critical hit will make your next third attack of your #1 weapon skill (put here whatever weapon/utility skill you imagine would be better placed here) to inflict 4 seconds of burning to your foe.
With a nice very visible pop up animation over your head (or whatever, the thing is you should see it) and appear like a buff on the bar so I and my enemies can clearly see it and react upon it. It should proc on a CD based attack (a specific one) or on the AA itself but not on the fisrt hit so the chances to avoid it are greater and setting it up is harder. All procs should be something like this (you could even make it a 5stack buff, once the buff is gone, the burning procs… and so on), it should be something that pops up and makes me think: “nice! it poped up!, now I have to set it up well so it wont be avoided”; or in case I’m facing it: “oh crap, his burning proced and is coming soon, I should be ready to avoid it!”.

Counterplay like this is seriously lacking in this game.

P.D: Who came up with the Diamond Skin trait idea? What was the thought process behind it? In what way, shape or form did she/he (or you, or they) think this particular trait could(can) improve the Earth trait line, be worthy of being a grandmaster trait, increase Elementalist’s build diversity, provide interesting counter-play, shake the meta at all and more importantly, provide a fun and interesting game-play choise? … and Why? Just curious!

Thanks for reading.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

You must be joking.

He gets to be in good teams.
Anyway, AR trait really should be reworked, and grenades should be less spammable.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

He gets to be in good teams.
Anyway, AR trait really should be reworked, and grenades should be less spammable.

Grenades are spamable? The two grenades with the biggest impact have a 20 and 25 second CD. What is the spammable part?

The “autoattack” that hits for 163 as condi? Do you spam that when you play your engi?

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

The build is not in June. Just wanted to squash that before it became a thing! :P

in PvP

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

The build is not in June. Just wanted to squash that before it became a thing! :P

Earlier or later than June?! :{D

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

in PvP

Posted by: jakakettu.9083

jakakettu.9083

Probably later like in Autumn or before Christmas.
On a more serious note:
Is there any “maintenance” coming for pvp (other than the glory removing thingy) for pvp on march 18th?

(edited by jakakettu.9083)

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Watch RU tomorrow. We’ll hint at some things…

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Oh god PLEASE!!!!!!!!

More than hint, show Karl wrecking Jon, or Josh and Tyler going at it with some of the new changes.

No holds barred – Dev vs. Dev – in a new meta that will change everything!

Live on Friday! (Sounds like a boxing match of some sorts – Let’s Get Ready to Rumbleeeeeeeee!!!!!!)

Please do it Allie.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: jakakettu.9083

jakakettu.9083

I’m eager to hear those.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

It’s not june, in fact its on April 1st!

Ha! Actually, it was just a joke!
You guys didn’t rly expect them to make stuff for pvp, did you?

Ok, some serious questions:
Where did they tell us about the upcomming balancing changes (as the OP said)? Somehow I couldn’t find anything.

Will the patch be good? TBH, I highly doubt it.
I mean, ok, the ANet guys are excited. But those are the same guys, who made GW2 pvp what it is nowadays.
I mean, a masochist might be excited about getting a Nail thrusted through his hand, but I wouldn’t like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

With the speculation that the Guild Wars 2 release in China is going to be in the summer, and now that the note says we will not have a feature patch in June, I am hoping it is sooner rather than later.

However, we have the WvW Tournament starting at the end of March which will be around until the end of May now. I do not believe they would launch such a big change during the WvW tournament because of the changes being made to runes / sigils, crit damage, etc. I don’t think they would release the China version around this time either.

My main fear is we wouldn’t get a patch until July around the time the Bazaar, Jubilee, and Dragon Bash events come back as they have released balance changes during holidays. This would also probably be a good release window for China which they have said would be in sync with the other regions (I think?). This wouldn’t qualify as a short break though because it would be longer than the 6 week winter break.

TLDR: Hard to say when this is going to happen with WvW going on and any other events with it

(edited by Outlaw.3421)

in PvP

Posted by: Datsuni.4678

Datsuni.4678

So when is the build? Is it that hard to answer? There is no logic in a company with such shady policies. Again you are acting like entitled children by boasting about how great your own internal version is. Can’t you understand how annoying that is for the players that have to endure through the endless pve updates and 0 changes to obvious issues in pvp. Please start treating your customers as one and you will see some happy feedback.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintyr.1780

Wintyr.1780

What is RU the dev is talking about

in PvP

Posted by: manysongsgw.2931

manysongsgw.2931

RU = Ready Up Episode

I’m afraid there’s nothing in the changes that’ll address decap engis… I’ll be ready to be disappointed.

Guild Wars 1 Player of 4+ years
IGN: Valkyrie Friisong
Lvl 80 Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Does that mean it will be before June? I couldn’t fathom waiting 3 months if not more, and my gut tells me that it should come in April to meet ESO’s release on the 4th.

shrug

Just a guess.

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

You know its a good update when after playing internally, you go home to play the ‘older’ game on live and wish you were back at the office.

With this quote I can say this is the first time since launch that I actually can believe something exciting might come. If it does disappoint the thread for which I am still hanging on to GW2 will be no more.

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

in PvP

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m very intrigued, but also curious as the overwhelming and slightly over the top amount of secrecy behind it all. All other MMO’s I play have had 1-2 announcements about major features coming out in their games since Jan. I understand Anet works to different comms practices, but this isn’t story spoilers, it’s just gameplay features – no high secrecy is needed

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in PvP

Posted by: Souldestructor.9576

Souldestructor.9576

You all have got to just forget about all of this, your all kittening out of control about all of this. One patch ends the world. If you don’t like the way it’s going stop complaining and do something about it. Uninstall the game if it’s too kitten for you, learn to be better. at least half the people here are good players in pvp the other half who complain gotta kitten it down and uninstall. You die in a pvp aspect by a rank 12 it’s because you were careless not because of their build. you die once from the build you learn to save evades. simple as that. anyway that’s my rant to all of you. Do a good job on whatever dev’s. Peace.

May the path of Grenth forever yield the death of your enemies. Necromancer, death brings us closer.

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I don’t expect this patch to be perfect, I just want this patch to open up new opportunities. I expect there to be a new broken meta… Just get the patch out with already and let the player base test it out for you, Anet. You’ll never be able to create perfect balance by your-selves since you don’t know your own classes as well as some of your most elite/hardcore players do.

in PvP

Iplaytokill.1674

RU will be during the latest ESO beta.

Judging by the fact that there’s been nothing but more vague promises as usual, I’ll be in the ESO beta.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Judging by the fact that there’s been nothing but more vague promises as usual, I’ll be in the ESO beta.

Been in 3 and im not sure if can be bothered to DL the game again this week. It isnt as good as GW2 imo. Combat is just so subpar compared to GW2.

in PvP

Iplaytokill.1674

Been in 3 and im not sure if can be bothered to DL the game again this week. It isnt as good as GW2 imo. Combat is just so subpar compared to GW2.

Matter of opinion really. All I know is that the PVP is not just a side thing, but a major focus unlike GW2.