Your Favorite Class? Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Just curious to see what people’s favorite classes are for PvPing and why? What drew you to the class and what keeps you playing it?

For me personally it’s the Mesmer. The entire idea behind illusions and confusing the enemy always really appealed to me as a superpower but when I saw portal, I was sold. (Also, dat Sword/Sword swag). The other thing I like about the class is how much effort it takes to really be good at it. There’s so much more to the class than brainlessly spamming Phantasms and it’s a shame that so many people who don’t play Mes have such a simplistic view of us. Fools!

Engineer – 11
Warrior – 7
Elementalist – 7
Thief – 7
Mesmer – 6
Ranger – 5
Guardian – 2
Necromancer – 2

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

The necromancer, in particular a power based build using axe/focus and dagger/warhorn. Although you could play the build by spamming DS1, over time you learn that there are more effective ways to play the build and overall, it feels much less “spammy” than other builds I have played.

Plus, there is nothing more fulfilling than getting a dark pact off and dropping dual wells

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

ranger: it’s fun killing two thieves at a time. lol
seriously, i like it because it’s great for support and has good potential in 1v1.

mesmer: best troll class ever. you can choose to fight to win or just troll and leave and laugh secretly.

necro: good for support and can be a mean killing machine.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I loved the mesmer for awhile, a long while but it got very repetitive for me and everyone started calling it op and it annoys me when people think I kill them because my class is op rather than my skill level so I switched over to thief just recently because its really fun strategically choosing when to enter into a fight and raining them down with burst as well as people were saying that thief got nerfed horribly and isn’t viable to play but now I’m seeing people starting to post thieves are op threads YET again and its annoying in game to kill someone and have them say “another noon op thief” so I dunno what to do. Why is everything op except for ele?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Engineer! Because it’s super theorycraftable and flexible.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Thief – Best mobility in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Infor.9703

Infor.9703

Engineer — Non faceroll class and requires me to push more than 3 buttons.

in PvP

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

I just love the engineer´s whackiness. And explosions. And theorycrafting whacky builds with lots of explosions.
Yeh… that pretty much sums up my love for the engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

Ele, because I don’t play to win, but to have fun. And though it got nerfed to the ground you can still do a nice amount of trolling with this class.
It’s the only class that actually has some real skillshots and has to perfectly use combo-fields and CDs to win in PvP – I like this challenge and the fluent playstyle of eles. When killing someone you actually know that you outplayed the enemy and didn’t win solely because your class is OP.
Every time I’ve tried other classes they bored me after some hours of play even though I might have been more effective with those.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Guardian, because is very good for be a bunker and a supporter and if you want you can be a good dps class.
I like to be a hybrid in support and damage, heal and critical rate at the same time is very good.

In TsPvP i play it like a dps and is beaoutifull when a enemy attack you and then flee because you’re not a bunker and your damage is bigger than what he think XD

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

teef, cuz its op.

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

I do love my ranger. It still makes me smile every time Hopsy or Wolfy get a deathblow.

Then again my favourite class changes every couple of month. Trying to get the hang of engineer for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Engineer- More skills than any other class should you choose, it’s hilarious to play and requires massive synergy with combo fields and blasts to secure victory. Like the ele it has a high skill floor and massive skill ceiling.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Probably warrior, mesmer, and thief. I’ve always played warrior/rogue classes. I like in your face smash play style, but i also like sneak, line up your burst and BAM, dead player.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in PvP

Chaos Archangel.5071

UPDATED While its awesome to love multiple classes, and interesting to hear the reasons, please specify which class to throw your vote in for as Im only counting one per person.

Also.. you guys are making me wanna try Engineer.

in PvP

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

UPDATED While its awesome to love multiple classes, and interesting to hear the reasons, please specify which class to throw your vote in for as Im only counting one per person.

Also.. you guys are making me wanna try Engineer.

Well I’d have to choose warrior. Its annoying how OP everyone thinks we are. Is it that hard to do more than 400DPS? Its also annoying how people think were all just brainless and mash 1. put a skilled warrior against a skilked whatever other class and itll come out pretty even. But I’ve been warrior pretty much since launch. It was my first character, and although ive now experimented with all the classes and most of the builds, i always come back to my warrior. Plus heavy armor looks so kittening awesome!

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Warrior, because never will be OP like Mesmers and Thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Do 400 DPS against a warrior = full health
Do 400 DPS against any other class = down 400hp/sec

Therefore: Warriors are unable to perform basic reasoning.

in PvP

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Ranger(any build but spirits) because of their pets and the ‘player skill level’ required to perform against other classes.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Well as its updated I’ll choose thief as my main fav atm because I love annoying far point and being strategic on when and how to enter a fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Mesmer because its a tool box which has a unique resource offering many choices and whats better than killing things with pink butterflies? Also largely influenced by nostalgia.

in PvP

Posted by: emilejuggernaut.1864

emilejuggernaut.1864

Engineer you can play every role in the game and if you go bomb kit and run around with a warrior chasing you he is in for a nasty surprise. If you use all kits you have 5 weapon sets including your own and healing. So much variety so many explosions.

Only issue is ugly backpack.

Sylvari master race.

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

826hrs on engi
430ish hrs mesmer
500ish hrs warrior.
Still i have to say mesmer is my #1 favorite class right now, kinda have gotten bored of engi(have happend before, which is why my warrior and mesmer were born) and hambow is just about as fun to play as spirit ranger atm…….
And i hate the Hobosack, seriously..

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

Shatter Mesmer, because it requires the highest skill to be effective. There so much a mesmer brings to a team, although the class is hurting because of this bunker condi spam. And for those people that say engi has the highest skill ceiling, bomb/nade is another spam build. The only high skill build the engi has is that power build. I love engi thou, it’s really fun and that’s why I choose engi as 2nd favorite.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257

Ele because it is fun, quick and you are a force of nature :P

Elementalist – Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Ranger and Mesmer are tied for me…

Ranger is great in 1v1s and support, and is fun to roam with (favorite role), and has some tankyness…

Mesmer is trixy as hell and is all over the place once the battle starts which I love, not to mention they’re very slippery and almost never get caught in the escape!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Engineer. Too stronk. Also way more build possibilities than any other class.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

My personal top 3:

1. Engineer
2. Ele
3. Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Aimhirghin.7502

Aimhirghin.7502

Mine is either Guardian or Ranger.

Guardian is just a cool all around class with great support and control skills.

I love Ranger because it’s the best mix of play style and story, I also really enjoy having a pet.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

warrior.

because its easy. simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

warrior.

because its easy. simple.

power bunker ranger – because it is not simple

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Warrior because it’s stronger than everything else.

in PvP

Posted by: Discordia.7293

Discordia.7293

thief

because it’s dificult to find good players.

Thief rank 80 – I hate overpower condition duration in wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

1. Ele, has so much potential even if it is harder than the other classes.
2. Mesmer. I have to qualify, no PU or phantasm builds for me. Glassy zerker shatter is the only way I will ever roll, I can’t stand passive play.
3. Engineer. Explosions everywhere, and has a lot of the same upsides as the ele with about half of the downsides. Easy mode isn’t fun, though, and it’s not as satisfying to kill something that can’t one-shot you (Dark Souls anyone?).
4. Guardian. I only play this when I need catharsis, otherwise my guardian is my dedicated cook.

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

The most fun I’ve had in this game’s team queue / general pvp has been —

1. “classic” 0/20/0/20/30 valkyrie’s ele pre-dhuumfire
2. d/p trickery thief in the past few months
3. ‘teldo’ (bomb/ft) engi, early in the game

All builds that are/were capable of having an immense presence on the flow of the game but are mediated by having an incredibly high skill cap and a medium skill floor. Can either have a huge effect or be shut down hard.

All of the balance in this game should aspire to this model and the generally balanced nature of the builds I named. I can only dream… :P

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

in PvP

Posted by: UltraHiDef.4809

UltraHiDef.4809

Warrior because it’s easy to play and easy to win with against all the other classes.

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

ranger.

never played a pet class before, so i decided to dedicate my time to it this time around for better or worse.

i like pet management & petswap is a great mechanic. being the longest range profession with split dps capability & 2 health bars is nice. has great small scale combat potential & healing spring is just the best.

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Engineer.

It’s probably fotm right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

My favourite class is the Mesmer, although I rarely play it these days, if at all. I only seem to be able to enjoy the class if I play shatter based builds, since the fluid gameplay, surplus of teleport skills, and various combos you can pull-off make for such a wonderful flow withing the game.

Unfortunately my favourite build is not truly viable at the moment, so I have to make due with cheap replacements from other classes.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Warrior.

Even if I had to become a hipster to make me different than hambows (those aren’t warriors), I loved the class when it was weak, and I love it now.

The feel you get when you land a Whirlwind exactly where the enemy is going, or Bolas→Hundred Blades… priceless.XD

From my experience, it’s the class that leaves the most room for experimenting, along with engineer, but differently from the engineer leaves more room for tanky roamers with decent damage. This when the buffs don’t get out of hand, obviously.

Before warrior, I played engi, but felt like I was in a creative crysis with build crafting. I was bored with bunkers, and never really liked condi.
I played warrior because I really liked heavy armor, and liked the feel of raw power the class gave. And I loved how this class was still in the age of discovery some time ago, and experimenting with builds, tweaking with stats was fun.

Back in those days, warriors were simple, yet hard (remember Dark Souls: you have 3-4 buttons to press to fight. Does it make that easy? Does it make that simple? HELL NO!).

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

In order of favourite;

1. Mesmer
2. Warrior
3. Power Necro
4. Ranger
5. Thief
6. Guardian
7. Elementalist
8. Engineer

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in PvP

Posted by: Alex.4150

Alex.4150

I love my full berserker warrior, bcz i want see them big numbers !!!

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

Necromancer. Gotta emphasize it’s the Dagger/Warhorn build I love.

To slay an enemy with a deathly knife and loads of flying locusts ravaging around me~~ At that moment one truly feels like an artist of dark rituals.

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: SerratedOcean.7398

SerratedOcean.7398

Thief since the beginning now Warrior because I’m bored with my Thief. I was always the melee type of player so those are the two of my favorite classes.

in PvP

Chaos Archangel.5071

UPDATED 12/25/13

Surprisingly, Engineer gets the most love while Guardians are getting the least.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Its simple really. Playing a Guardian you’re always relegated to one thing; bunker. Playing an Engie it’s “We might need an Engie bunker….” “Nah, go condi” “Nah go Static discharge” “How about I just play this new spec I think will work extremely well?” “Sounds good to me!”

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Engineer because whatever you need, I can run. Need condi removal? Healing Turret, Elixir Gun and Elixirs. Need party heals? Healing Turret and Elixir Gun. Need AoE? Everything I do is that.. Need condi? Pistol. Need bunker? Toolkit, bomb kit, elixir gun, flamethrower, hell even nades. Need burst? Static Discharge and just plain old grenades + Rifle. Need CC? Too much to name. Need stealth? Smoke fields and Elixir S. Need good resing? Toss Elixir R, Elixir S, Toss Elixir S. Need good mobility? Perma swiftness and rocket boots on a 16-20 second recharge.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Nizio Nightblade.8109

Nizio Nightblade.8109

Thief
I love the fact I can dodge so many attacks and can keep constant pressure with S/D and get a nice get away when things get hairy with Shadow step and sb #3. Also pure burst with d/d or d/p is fun but i find d/p to gimmicky but d/d on the other hand can be fun and slightly more challenging. P/D great for that annoying condition damage and kiting and just wearing down a enemy. S/P get that burst in great combo with P/D. P/P well let’s hope it gets fixed…

Talon Nighthawk [Edge] (DB Server)

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Guardian.
I’m a team player and I like how much team support my guardian can give. I like to know how much the people in my team rely on me and I like to hear they call me to join faster the teamfight, or “give me stability to stomp” or “rez pls” or “heal me”. And I love how I can turn the table when my team is losing a teamfight, using 1 skill only. Yeah, tome of courage <3

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

engineer, because of the playstyle that kits presents, and build diversity.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer