i'm done #2

i'm done #2

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

DECIDE!

1. division && pips based MM-system
  2. MMR based MM-system

both at the same time wont work, it gonna handycap people with higher skill level.

i hope fix comes with next season. AT THE LATEST

edit:

Why do both options involve a minion-master system?

MatchMaking. hope it makes sense now for the rest of the trolls and goofs.

(edited by MadVisions.4529)

i'm done #2

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

1. MMR based MM-system

i imagine this obviously with visible, countable, digitally measurable MMR appealed to your Account.

i'm done #2

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Why do both options involve a minion-master system?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

i'm done #2

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Lol minion master.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

i'm done #2

in PvP

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

Both at the same time should work much better.
If it is purely division based system it will get really frustrating for Ruby players later in the season when dedicated but no skilled players get into their teams and opponent teams.
If it is just MMR based then actual skilled players could be stuck at the lower divisions for frustratingly long time with no advancement.

So let me outline my suggestions with arbitrary numbers:
1. The game computes a proper Skill MMR let’s say 1000=pver, 2000=average, 3000=pro.
2. The game takes your division MMR, 1000=Amber, 1500=Emerald, 1750=Sapphire, 2000= Ruby, 2250=Diamond, 2500=Legend1 , 2550=L2, 2600=L3, 2650=L4, etc.
3. It averages the two for your matchmaking MMR.

This way a pro player playing in Amber will be playing against Average Ruby players but still people below his skill level. Average Amber will play against Ruby PvEr etc.

And finally talking further about teams, team MMR would be calculated similarly to now, an average across all members, but rewards for those wins-losses would be based on player step 1-3 MMR instead.
If your Matchmaking MMR is much higher than your team’s then you don’t get any rewards(no pips for winning) and if it is lower ie. A bad Amber friend with pro diamonds then you get 3 pips for wins(basically won a 4v5) and you will notice that Pro Amber with Pro diamonds will definitely be higher skilled people than currently.

TL DR: Instead of assuming that lower tiers have lower skill level people hence people will advance to meet their skill level, this way the game will purposefully make your matchmaking MMR lower than your skill MMR until you reach your skill division.

PS. Tanking your skill MMR won’t have as much affect anymore because of the connection to your division, and finally the average doesn’t have to be 50-50 the devs or the game itself could dynamically adjust the coefficient.

(edited by Arutha.9874)

i'm done #2

in PvP

MadVisions.4529

snip

are you serious?….

i'm done #2

in PvP

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

Also the title of this thread is very bad and sounds like a complaint thread that you are leaving a second time… You should change it to something else to get more people to open it.

i'm done #2

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

Both at the same time should work much better.

Uhm, the game is already doing both at the same time and it works like kitten.

Just make division a reflection of MMR, how hard can it be.

i'm done #2

in PvP

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Honestly, the MMR system is fine. It’s good that it tries to pair up through matchmaking, two teams that are supposed to have an equal chance at winning. It often succeeds at this when Groups face Groups and Randoms face Randoms. These matches will often be very even overall. What is not fine is that Groups face Randoms and vice versa, that is the biggest culprit in the Leagues as a whole. As a Group you got several advantages against those who are Random. Unfair advantages which makes the Randoms only serve as food and artificial boosts for the Groups. That should not be acceptable when Divisions are supposed to be a way to progress within PvP and show your prowess at the mode (with a team) outwards.

Groups have the following advantages, at least;

• Tailored professions
    • with strong builds complimenting one another
  • The knowledge of how the others on their team play
  • Voice communication
  • The knowledge that each of their members are relatively decent at PvP

Of course, this doesn’t mean that a 1+1+1+1+1 can’t beat a 3+2, 4+1 and/or 5 player team. There are bad teams out there too, the same way there are exceptional solo queuing players as well. But overall, a team will have a huge advantage, and win in most cases, versus those who take the risk of getting paired up with horrible profession compositions and/or players. I would love to go Grouped with my friends I might add. Friends I know are rather good at PvP. But I refuse to do so when I know that we would frequently match up against Randoms, and basically most likely steamroll them, getting free wins which boost us and in no way serve to help determine how good and/or bad we ultimately are. I hate facing premades as a dominantly solo queuing player. I won’t inflict that annoyance/frustration upon others if I can help it.

Give us Solo- and Group Queue, ArenaNet. It’s cause for more unbalance in sPvP than profession balance is. If you don’t want to separate the queues, at the very least limit the matchmaking to 4+1, 3+2 and 5 player teams. At the very least this will even out the odds greatly. And yes, 2+1+1+1 can become a huge upset in balance against 1+1+1+1+1, duo queues are not innocent either, they belong in a Group Queue scenario as 3+2.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest