man this pvp season is way too long

in PvP

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

to stay in top 10 u have to play alot
as many of u guys can imagine

and it’s unforunate this season is right around finals (may)

i know the devs want more data and stuff but it’s really taking up a lot of people’s time
please be a little more considerate next time
so i don’t have to study in between queues…

be nice if u guys end this one early

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

Make MMR based ladder →profit

in PvP

Posted by: Tibs.2783

Tibs.2783

Make it stop… MAKE IT STOP.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

They said they were going to extend this arena an extra month or two so they can gather up more data on the leaderboards.

The thing is… I really don’t want to complete 600 ranked games in order to be ranked up high on the leaderboards… that’s a bit excessive for me.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

They said they were going to extend this arena an extra month or two so they can gather up more data on the leaderboards.

The thing is… I really don’t want to complete 600 ranked games in order to be ranked up high on the leaderboards… that’s a bit excessive for me.

i know…i’ve always put in so much work into this
pretty obvious they didn’t consider about their players when they made this decision
if they just look at their data, u would see how many hours top 10(farmers, myself included) have put into this

i know several players who ahve stopped playing already
it’s like a constant reminder than u have to grind today
your interest in the game just slowly disappear everyday, it is no longer fun

specially with the turret engi team cheese

bet you anything they’ve lost many players already
and it’s just barely over half way
I can speak for quite of few guys i play with, we’ve all agreed to take a long break after this season is over

i really hope they end this already

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Maybe the problem is that you do pvp just for rewards. If it’s such a grind for you, then no matter what you would be doing it if it was possible. Once they make the leaderboards truly skill based, you will stop playing the game because you can’t grind out your top 10?

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Nobody forces you to play for a god position in this grind-list. Get a life and play for fun. Nobody cares for the rankings in this grind-list anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Nobody forces you to play for a god position in this grind-list. Get a life and play for fun. Nobody cares for the rankings in this grind-list anyways.

Except rewards (some exclusive) will be tied to this “grind list”, so yeah, people care. They just hate how its handled, and rightfully so.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Shylock.4653

Except rewards (some exclusive) will be tied to this “grind list”, so yeah, people care. They just hate how its handled, and rightfully so.

There is nothing wrong with rewards which are hard to obtain. Ascended Armor, Legendary Weapons, Luminescent Armor and so on are all much work to obtain and these skins are much rarer then a legendary weapon. Rewards and length of the test season were all well known. So I see no reason to complain.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

There is nothing wrong with rewards which are hard to obtain. Ascended Armor, Legendary Weapons, Luminescent Armor and so on are all much work to obtain and these skins are much rarer then a legendary weapon. Rewards and length of the test season were all well known. So I see no reason to complain.

PVPers tend to be fine with “hard to obtain” so long as you know… Being good at PVP is what makes it hard.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Shylock.4653

PVPers tend to be fine with “hard to obtain” so long as you know… Being good at PVP is what makes it hard.

I would love to have skill based leaderboard. Last year’s leaderboard had a few minor problems. I don’t know why anet decided to make a total new leaderboard instead of fixing the few issues with the old one. I my opinion this new leaderboard is a total failure.

Nevertheless I don’t see any reason to complain. The last test season was 100% grind. There were only a few changes in these test season so it is no surprise that it is a total grind too. Anet stated that the amount of games played are a factor for the ranking:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/The-Reality-of-New-Leaderboard-Algorithm/first#post4908074

So everybody should have known that you have to grind all day long for a top position on these leaderboard.

in PvP

Posted by: quagganzilla.6450

quagganzilla.6450

The leader-board is pure farming, I know quite a few bad players with high ranks that just because they farm ranked games not caring if they win or lose all day long.

I love PvP but really have no love for the leader-board system ATM.