[merged] The Skyhammer Thread

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

+1. Skyhammer shouldnt be in yolo queue system. If its so good that it can be in tournaments, why arent they using it for official tournaments (with prizes and such.)?
Im pretty sure NOBODY who really likes to pvp alot wants these overpowered cannons of doom in their games (or trebs.). You might first think it might add new tactics for the map but it doesnt, u just roll one of your face roll cc / knockback / fear builds and camp at the cannon.

(edited by Covis.6037)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You may want to look at the results before posting.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Yes, Skyhammer is one of the best maps. It require a lot of control.

I rather see Raid on the Capricorn go. It’s just bad and need some work to feel and play better. Every time people rotate and capture one after the other. It doesn’t feel right. The cannon is good but it feels out of place as well, not as popular as the Skyhammer. Rework Capricorn. Skyhammer should stay.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

I rather see Raid on the Capricorn go. It’s just bad and need some work to feel and play better. Every time people rotate and capture one after the other. It doesn’t feel right. The cannon is good but it feels out of place as well, not as popular as the Skyhammer. Rework Capricorn. Skyhammer should stay.

Capricon is not played in soloqueue, skyhammer should not stay in soloqueue noone cares about hotjoin.

in PvP

Zoid.2568

Capricon is not played in soloqueue, skyhammer should not stay in soloqueue noone cares about hotjoin.

Yes i’m playing Solo Arena and Skyhammer is good. Let it stay.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

you are the 1%

in PvP

Zoid.2568

you are the 1%

No. 45% actually, if you look at the poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyperion.4638

Hyperion.4638

I think some are missing the point here, we are not talking about if the map is fun or not or if it should be gone completely, we are talking about that it has not place in competitive pvp, in map like this there is no way to determinate wich team was the better one, there is a reason why it was removed from tpvp but why is it still there for spvp i have no idea.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

I LOVE SKYHAMMER!!!!!

This is why:

• Seeing people whine, rage, rant, qq and pout to disguise their inability to play/adapt after dying over and over because they stand on the edge asking to die or knocked.
  • You can carry so hard because of # of people above.
  • So troll
  • Different play style, requires map awareness to another level.
  • You can roll over those meta builds people regard to as OP etc.
http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Anyone who defends Skyhammer is either:
1) Trolling
2) Plays a class/build that has tons of knockback, pull, fear and/or stability
3) Eats crayons for breakfast

Anyone what doesn’t like skyhammer is either:
1) Got trolled
2) Unwilling to change their play style/build for the map
3) Hasn’t tasted how nice crayons are these days.

there is a reason why it was removed from tpvp but why is it still there for spvp i have no idea.

because skyhammer is so fun and soloq is a transition step to team arena from hotjoin.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

^ Kirito, wisest man on gw2!

besides, the map isn’t bad, it just gets overwhelming after playing it several times in a row.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

remove the skyhammer map from competitive solo games.

Only 2,837 more posts before they remove it.

in PvP

Posted by: firefennec.2647

firefennec.2647

Shammer should be removed right now.
I will never play in Skyhammer.

in PvP

Hyperion.4638

because skyhammer is so fun and soloq is a transition step to team arena from hotjoin.

Majority of the players would disagree with you, so you think its fun when you spend everything and avoided every spell the enemy threw at you just so you accidentally roll in the hole and loose the match, well maybe that’s your definition of fun but i didn’t spend 60$ for that.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Remember ascended trinkets and the thread that produced?

I think it may take in game action before the map is removed.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Skyhammer is casual
Soloque is casual
Team arena is semi-constructed/hardcore

See the difference?

#SkyhammerStays2014

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

All is Vain

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I like Skyhammer. I want it to stay.

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Skyhammer really would be better with a Godkitten.

in PvP

Zoid.2568

NO. Skyhammer is good. Let it stay

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

All is Vain

All is Vain.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

~ A Villains ~

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Hyperion.4638

Remember ascended trinkets and the thread that produced?

I think it may take in game action before the map is removed.

Ok so i guess:
1.Skyhammer glory farming abuse is not enough
2.People leaving the game or afking when skyhammer map pops out is not enough
3.The god knows how many topics about skyhammer are not enough

Seriously what is it gonna take? 9/10 people hate the map, pretty sure if you do some kind of survey majority will say they dislike it, the only ones they will say they like it will be : people who say they love it just because other people say they don’t aka trolls, people who play classes with a lot of push-backs, people who won in the map for the 1st time in their live and love it now because they won.
Come on, you know its time to say goodbye to this map.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Skyhammer is just the tip of all the things that are wrong in this game.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

All is Vain

All is Vain.

All is IN vain. “All is vain” makes no sense…

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I dont get this circlejerk around “all is vain”

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Ok so i guess:
1.Skyhammer glory farming abuse is not enough
2.People leaving the game or afking when skyhammer map pops out is not enough
3.The god knows how many topics about skyhammer are not enough

Seriously what is it gonna take? 9/10 people hate the map, pretty sure if you do some kind of survey majority will say they dislike it, the only ones they will say they like it will be : people who say they love it just because other people say they don’t aka trolls, people who play classes with a lot of push-backs, people who won in the map for the 1st time in their live and love it now because they won.
Come on, you know its time to say goodbye to this map.

Skyhammer glory farm is no longer possible right? And that was possible with any map not just skyhammer, correct? This was an issue outside of the Skyhammer map.

People leaving or AFKing at Skyhammer has not been my experience. ANet has data that can tell them what % of matches have dishonorables. They can see if there’s a large difference between each map.

Why should multiple topics being made about the same opinion cause a change? ANet has real numbers to illumate the reality around this or any map. They can see on the forums the number of unique players posting about a topic.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

All is Vain

All is Vain.

Perhaps you haven’t heard our Lord and Savior Mighty Meak’s stirring tragedy, and its heartbreaking conclusion:

69% and down
gf dont impresss say she leaving now
all is vain

(yes I know that the grammatically correct way to say it is “all is in vain”, but that misses out the point of the joke)

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

All is Vain

All is Vain.

Perhaps you haven’t heard our Lord and Savior Mighty Meak’s stirring tragedy, and its heartbreaking conclusion:

69% and down
all is vain

(yes I know that the grammatically correct way to say it is “all is in vain”, but that misses out the point of the joke)

Ah forgive me, I just saw someone else say “I could care less” then saw this and could barely contain myself. I retract my statement as the point was humourz :P

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

All is Vain

All is Vain.

69% and down
all is vain

Ah forgive me, I just saw someone else say “I could care less” then saw this and could barely contain myself. I retract my statement as the point was humourz :P

Haha xD

I agree with you about the “I could care less” point- bothers the living kitten out of me. :P

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Hyperion.4638

So i am guessing the only way to do something about this if we all leave or be afk when this map pops out, since Anet has statistics that shows which map has most afkers and leavers, i would hate to do this honestly but what other choice we got?

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

I dunno about you guys but for some reason I haven’t been having that much trouble with this map. And that’s not because I have a skyham troll class at all. I don’t. I just position myself so that if I get feared or knock backed I hit a wall rather than the edge. I just make sure when I’m facing a necro I come at him on the inside wall. Same up at skyham. Or if you’re a thief you can always steal right when you’re about to go off edge which will override the positioning on fear and then use your steal to fear them off. Or maybe I’m just getting lucky. Not sure but all I know is when I first started pvping that I would always get knocked off and now I don’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

for the love of god take this map out of the game

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

I don’t see the problem with the map. A skilled player is aware of that possibility and minimizes that happening. It’s no different than a skilled player messing up timing or a rotation and losing.

It sounds to me like people who think they should be 1337, are mad that they have to think about edge positioning, and are losing because they are doing it poorly.

Skilled player? Edge positioning? HAHAHAHA

Anyone who defends Skyhammer is either:
1) Trolling
2) Plays a class/build that has tons of knockback, pull, fear and/or stability
3) Eats crayons for breakfast

I eat crayons for breakfast and I still can’t defend this map. So I find that comment just a little bit racist. Against Crayon Eaters.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Still waiting for its removal from Solo Q.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: TNoD.8143

TNoD.8143

Just remove it from solo queue or add an option to never have to play the map. Please.

Seriously considering quitting.

Lord Vrael [ÆÆÆÆ] – Borlis Pass

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

So, I decided to run some solo q today. I played 7 matches. 4 of them were skyhammer, 3 were forest.

Is it OK with you all that so many players change to specific classes at the start of the match? That should be the first sign that something is wrong.

Next, you do realize that a large majority of the playerbase hates the map, right? So, what’s the reason for leaving it in? There can only be 2 reasons:
1- You can’t seem to figure out how to remove it from the rotation (I would have though this was a possibility at one time, but I think Justin could figure this out)
2- You don’t care what the playerbase wants, because you want it in.

Either of those 2 reasons are terrible.

Remove this map. I’m not going to take too many more of these in SoloQ.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

The one thing that bothers me about ArenaNet keeping this map in solo queue is it’s done out of sheer arrogance. The developers refuse to believe that most people think the map is terrible, and they feel they understand their game better than their players do, so they keep it in.

But the reality is that the minority that does enjoy this map would be fine playing it in hotjoin.

I can’t even blame someone for refusing to particpate in the match when Skyhammer pops. It’s just not fun.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in PvP

Posted by: lapseg.7923

lapseg.7923

This map is completely unplayable and broken. There is no fun to play on this **** map.

in PvP

Posted by: mihail.8429

mihail.8429

Pls guys remove this crazy map from soloQ,or make optional which you can chose 4 maps that you realy like.If there are people who like skyfarmer they easy can choose.

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I used to be somewhat of a defender of this map, but you can now count me in the remove it ASAP crowd.

Too easily abused, too many bugs, too much class imbalance, too many people quitting/AFKing matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

Please remove this map from solo queue now. You removed it from team queue because it’s not a competitive map, then why would you force it on us in solo queue?

in PvP

Posted by: Destructobeam.5139

Destructobeam.5139

logged in just to keep this thread up. I don’t understand why this map is still in rotation. Then again, its not like the anet devs did anything about the skyhammer exploiters either.

Someone at anet has a kitten for this poorly designed garbage.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

just the pure fact they merged multiple topics for this shows how controversial this map is.

Remove it, it’s the only good thing to do.

And personally i would remove spirit watch too, since team play it’s TOO IMPACTFUL on that map to have it in solo q.

in PvP

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

When skyhammer was due to be released i was one of the people excited, I thought positioning would be key and people would have to pay more attention to their positioning in a fight.
I’m sure that was the intent behind it. However that’s not what i see happening.
I thought the jump-pads and higher levels would make fights more exciting, but they only seem to be used as a scouting point so you can get ready to stealth and knock off your opponent when they get to your point.

In fact most people will re-roll to another character specifically set up for skyhammer with max knockbacks, thiefs will equip scorp wire, mesmers focus e.c.t. (I’m guilty too and i’m sure other players are.)

The reason behind this is because nobody actually wants to fight. I can’t remember the last time i got an actual fight on skyhammer where my opponent didn’t try to pull/push me off. It’s effective and they can get the cap quicker if they just pull me off.

I never feel like we’re fighting for points in skyhammer, more just having knockback wars. It doesn’t feel fun, Especially when you get skyhammer 4 times in a row…

The skyhammer itself is another issue, it plays far too much impact on the outcome of the match.

I feel like skyhammer could become fun if some of the following things would change:
-Sky hammer needs to be dodge able. OR Sky hammer needs to have knockdown removed and deal less damage.

-Glass panels need to be removed or replaced with something which doesn’t win you the fight. I suggest something which could change the outcome of a fight but not to the point where people are prepared to change their build to knock people onto it. Small amount of damage, Perhaps a short stun which then deactivates that “panel” for a set amount of time.

In its current state i don’t believe it belongs in solo queue.
If anyone has any other suggestions please add them. I think we’d all like this map either removed from solo queue or reworked. ;o

Edit: Merged thread so not sure anyone will even read this, either way skyhammer really needs to go from solo queue.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

(edited by x Charlie.4820)

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

-Glass panels need to be removed or replaced with something which doesn’t win you the fight. I suggest something which could change the outcome of a fight but not to the point where people are prepared to change their build to knock people onto it. Small amount of damage, Perhaps a short stun which then deactivates that “panel” for a set amount of time.

One thing I’d quite like would be much less of the fall-to-your-death stuff, because that just feels… horrible. It’s not nearly as satisfying to blow someone off the edge as it is to have a good duel-and-stomp – and CC/stability isn’t even remotely balanced between professions so certain ones have a massive advantage over others and feel unfair to play against.

Instead of falls-to-death, why not falling to a teleporter that takes players out of combat? Or puts them in combat elsewhere:
- knocking someone off the skyhammer platform teleports them to a control point. Now position on the platform does matter, and folks can’t just chuck you anywhere – if you get tossed off the western side you can aid in defence of the western point, for example.
- the glass panels at the control points just lead to tunnels that you need to spend 10-15 seconds running back from. Enough time to decap (or even fully cap) a point, but not kill-points and not up-to-20-seconds-plus-running-back-time that the full death gives.

This’d make control still very important on the map, but folks can’t just mindlessly chuck their launches and knockbacks around and watch folks fall to their death over and over again.

(I still dislike the general idea of the map, but I’d like to see it become at least slightly playable if possible)

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

If the points with panels were designed more like the mid point in Khylo (puts you out of line of sight of the point and you have to walk around/take a jump pad to get back) things would be great.

But they also need to do something about the cannon.

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I would play solo queue again if skyhammer were taken out (and if a better fix to the 4vs5 issue were implemented). Until then I will just keep queuing team, whether I have a team or not.

in PvP

Posted by: MrCyrus.5036

MrCyrus.5036

I love Skyhammer. Better-to remove all WWW players and PvE crabs from soloq. All PvE community in PvP now. It’s so boring.

Titanium [AFK]

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

It’s a simple fix really…they already have it in place. Why not let those who don’t want to play it, not have to play it?