[merged] The Skyhammer Thread

in PvP

Posted by: Bishop.5938

Bishop.5938

thats annoying. Hope they will fix soon so when leave q on pop it wont start game and re Q

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

(edited by Bishop.5938)

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

I’d rather it were simply removed. It’s not a competitive map. It promotes abuse of stealth, which as it stands has no real counter play, bar one ranger skill. Whilst also being full of bugs, you can’t do anything reliably, heck even breaking the glass on hammer will sometimes actually pull you in to it.

Developers, do you need help? I can help.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in PvP

Posted by: Bishop.5938

Bishop.5938

I have decided i will just afk when skyhammer pops n not enter map is pathetic

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

You can complain so much in the forum about the skyhammer map on the forum as you want, but not participating will just make the whole situation worse for the other 9 players. Get yourself together, men up and don’t be a kiddy about it.
If you don’t like skyhammer, than don’t use the SoloQ at all, but don’t ruin the playing-experience for the other players.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

I hate the map so much, I always play though, the one thing i hate more is when my team has a leaver or someone AFK.

norn warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

Please remove Skyhammer from Solo Q, many thanks in advance ANet.

in PvP

Posted by: meichor.7809

meichor.7809

You can complain so much in the forum about the skyhammer map on the forum as you want, but not participating will just make the whole situation worse for the other 9 players. Get yourself together, men up and don’t be a kiddy about it.
If you don’t like skyhammer, than don’t use the SoloQ at all, but don’t ruin the playing-experience for the other players.

Other “4” players. But yeah, people like you who goes afk are what should be removed from the solo q way more than sky hammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Other “4” players.

9! It’s also no fun for the enemy team to get a free win.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I hotjoin more often than not and my initial reaction to skyhammer is to find another map. If I’m playing with friends, I tough it out but it is my least favorite map.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I tentatively tried solo queue again for the last couple of weeks, and was impressed that the matching/games generally seemed much better than pre-revamp.

I even played on the skyhammer map again a few times, even though I swore I would never do so again.

However, I really can’t stand it. Even after just a few times, its just such a terrible map for tourney (well I don’t play it in hotjoin either). Every time I hit the solo queue button and see that skyhammer has popped my heart sinks, and I wish I had pressed team queue or stayed in hotjoin.

Its back to either exiting the game when skyhammer pops or just staying team/hotjoin I’m afraid.

in PvP

Posted by: ceinwyn.3248

ceinwyn.3248

Don’t Like to pvp? Want to get the daily pvp achievement points?

Use the griefer ranger!

Ranger using longbow #4 for easy knockback.

Or use Warrior!

Rifle # 5 Rifle Butt
Utility : Kick, Stomp, Fear Me

Now Mesmer is grief-able!! However its harder, and seem to not get points after.

Greatsword # 5, and Focus # 4

(edited by ceinwyn.3248)

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Yes, this is why skyhammer is so much fun. Thiefs/Engineers/Ranger all have funny abilities to be more important on skyhammer.

Love the map with my engi

in PvP

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

Sniper!

/15 charrs

in PvP

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

lol best video ever! Gave me a reason to play my Ranger.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

That’s ridiculous.

I find it inexcusable that Anet continues to not respond to the very valid complaints about this map being in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

That’s ridiculous.

I find it inexcusable that Anet continues to not respond to the very valid complaints about this map being in solo queue.

That’s a matter of perspective. I think that sky ham should be in solo queue. IMO, you have to pay more attention to what your enemy is doing or you will instantly lose. Which is how this game should be anyway. You make a mistake, there should be no chance to recover at all. You should just lose. Unless of course, the enemy screws up even harder.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

That’s a matter of perspective. I think that sky ham should be in solo queue. IMO, you have to pay more attention to what your enemy is doing or you will instantly lose. Which is how this game should be anyway. You make a mistake, there should be no chance to recover at all. You should just lose. Unless of course, the enemy screws up even harder.

Imo they should make a map where you end up shooting purple hippos out of your behind. Something as powerful as that will 100% 1 shot anyone in LoS (ofcourse) when detonated.

This whont be ridiculous at all and it will almost certainly gain interest from pvp players that dont play GW2 yet. With proper positioning and by reading the castanimation (bending over) you will be able to counter this.

As you can see this nicely fits your description aswell.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Imo they should make a map where you end up shooting purple hippos out of your behind. Something as powerful as that will 100% shot anyone in LoS (ofcourse).

This whont be ridiculous at all and it will almost certainly gain interest from pvp players that dont play GW2 yet. With proper positioning and by reading the castanimation (bending over) you will be able to counter this.

As you can see this nicely fits your description aswell.

Signed as long as these hippos count as minions for my Minion Master, and come out half dissected looking.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Wow I didn’t realize it was that easy to hit with longbow knockback. Your first shot (at 0:08) was so far off but still hit and knocked him off. Meanwhile, my staff ele still misses Gust all the time, even after I see it visually connect with the target.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: salt and pepper.4738

salt and pepper.4738

learn to position yourself and use stability.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

lol thats hilarious

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Clearly this person never played Huttball or Tor Anroc

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I adored Huttball…

in PvP

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

Is it bad that I laughed throughout that entire video?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Yeah because you can watch a steath enemy.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

That’s ridiculous.

yeah, hate these whining bads that cant react to nightmare rune procs, or necro instant frear, or engie instant knockbacks, or thief stealth pull, or warrior instant fear. Skyham is such a pro map. they should make a skyham only sequel. skyham wars

(edited by ahuba.6430)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

^ Why the necro hate? Want to know what’s worse than a targeted 1.5 fear instant right after you see a necromancer go into death shroud? “FEAR ME!” Oh, and that’s aoe+3 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Yes, this is why skyhammer is so much fun. Thiefs/Engineers/Ranger all have funny abilities to be more important on skyhammer.

What is the thieves skill that’s so important for sky hammer besides hoping you’re facing a necro and stealing their fear? Not being rude at all, I’m just curious if I’m missing something.

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

What is the thieves skill that’s so important for sky hammer besides hoping you’re facing a necro and stealing their fear? Not being rude at all, I’m just curious if I’m missing something.

Stealth + Scorpion wire – you run across the “glass” as well so that by the time the pull occurs, your target is screwed without a teleporting stunbreaker and great timing.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Stealth + Scorpion wire – you run across the “glass” as well so that by the time the pull occurs, your target is screwed without a teleporting stunbreaker and great timing.

Ahhhh, forgot about the holes. Was just thinking about knocking em off the side after watching that hilarious video. That definitely would work although its not nearly as efficient as other classes.

in PvP

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

Watching that video actually makes me want to spend time in hot join doing that.

I’m sorry… it’s just THAT funny.

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

That’s ridiculous.

Sure, so long as you make it so that it affects every class equally, which it doesn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

I adored Huttball…

Same

Best PvP map ever in an MMO

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

ah well played my fellow guild member!

by the way, this is not broken, and is working as intended.

people need to learn to play the maps properly.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Pfft that’s nothing compared to what Engineer can do. Engi can have Rifle knockback, Battering Ram knockback, Bomb AoE knockback and Toolkit #5 (1200 range pull) all in one build since those are slot skills. Basically if one fails then you have 2-3 others to follow it up.

ah well played my fellow guild member!

by the way, this is not broken, and is working as intended.

people need to learn to play the maps properly.

Fixed it for you:

people need to learn to re-roll the right class for Skyhammer

Now take your wisdom somewhere else.

in PvP

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I really hate when this map comes, i think it simply doesn’t fit Tpvp gameplay.
It’s like a fun map with jps, and to have some fun with launch cc.
If you don’t have a team, you are always forced to play with pugs in soloq and ppl sometimes don’t even care about hammer and simply give it to enemies’ hands. When you are pvp’ing with your opponent it continuously rains to your head, you have to either avoid this leaving your opponent to heal with ease or stay in mark and die. Think this situation when you play with uncoordinated pug teams that can’t get skyhammer. This is so annoying. This map just doesn’t fit to play with pug teams, it becomes really annoying compared to other maps.
Having skyhammer = win in this map and it’s really annoying as a non pvp element, why can’t we just have pvp prioritized normal maps in tpvp? Please think about pug teams too. I’m looking from TPvP SoloQ aspect here.

(edited by Umut.5471)

in PvP

ceinwyn.3248

Pfft that’s nothing compared to what Engineer can do. Engi can have Rifle knockback, Battering Ram knockback, Bomb AoE knockback and Toolkit #5 (1200 range pull) all in one build since those are slot skills. Basically if one fails then you have 2-3 others to follow it up.

Yes but those skills are harder to use, requiring close contact. Point blank shot has 1200 range and when it connects, knocks back 400.

I have seen many engineers/thief/necros trolling, but not much of other classes.

maybe i will try using warrior next…

in PvP

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Skyhammer is my favourite map, and I do not want it to be removed. It´s the only map that really feels different from the others at least for me. Most of the time in solo queue you can plan with your team who is doing what while waiting for the game to start, that’ s the point of the /t chat. And if no one is taking the skyhammer during the game, why don’t you go yourself?

in PvP

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Skyhammer is my favourite map, and I do not want it to be removed. It´s the only map that really feels different from the others at least for me. Most of the time in solo queue you can plan with your team who is doing what while waiting for the game to start, that’ s the point of the /t chat. And if no one is taking the skyhammer during the game, why don’t you go yourself?

I’m playing the bunker.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

And if no one is taking the skyhammer during the game, why don’t you go yourself?

That’s the problem: if I go and take hammer, hold it and we win by using it or preventing the enemy from using it, all you do is fighting on a narrow point, where you can barely see anything and nobody avoids anything. All we do is facerolling, hoping we deal more damage than the opponent, and crapping aoe.

Even if i win, it’s NOT fun.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

ceinwyn.3248

Added the warrior! Mesmer might be next!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

warrior kick needs to be changed into: when you are using kick on skyhammer map your character grows a beard and yells “THIS IS SPARTA!” every time you use the spell

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Warrior video was really funny haha.

Who knew a simple kick could kill.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Ahhhh, forgot about the holes. Was just thinking about knocking em off the side after watching that hilarious video. That definitely would work although its not nearly as efficient as other classes.

I played recently against a thief who was really good at it, they just killed everyone who came to the point with scorpion wire into a hole, I think an engi could have beaten him but we had no engi that game.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.4739

Wolf.4739

Everytime I play this map I have to resist the urge to delete the game off my computer. Worst PvP map in the history of gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Skyhammer totally ruins solo queue for me. The map is completely imbalanced towards classes with lots of knockbacks/pulls and stability.

The fact that this map is STILL in the rotation after multiple polls have shown that 80% of people want it gone is pretty much proof that Arenanet is still too stubborn to listen to the player base.

The reasoning behind the removal is simple:

1. Skyhammer imbalances the conquest game type by creating situations where one person can defeat two or more people almost instantly, sometimes with only one skill.

2. Skyhammer forces people to reroll into specialized specs or reroll to a different class entirely.

3. Skyhammer makes combat centered around instantly knocking/pulling people to their death rather than combat centered around sustained, skillful fighting

4. Skyhammer causes anger/frustration for people who are trying to run their normal builds/setups

5. Skyhammer is poorly designed, and frequently glitches (for example, falling to the bottom without dying, jump pad glitches, and even glitches with knockbacks/pulls).

6. The community has already made its opinion known about Skyhammer, which is that it is not fit for competitive play

If you agree with any of these reasons and think that Skyhammer should be removed, please reply to the thread and state why you agree!

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

This topic will probably be removed, because you can’t make a petition in the forums. Also because some dev worked really really hard to make (or copy from q3) this crappy map, thus we need to endure this abomination.

I actually started going to teamq solo – it has better rewards, no skyhammer and people tend to communicate more.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

I agree 100%.

Skyhammer and Spiritwatch can remain in hotjoins for fun. Semi ok solution would be to set these map propability to ~2% each.

Team queue could propably manage with those two maps but soloqueue is so random classes and no chance to communicate strategies (+ppl don’t listen / understand).

I was unlucky last night and had 4-5 spiritwatch in a row and what can we do when we have 2x thieves, 2x mesmers and an engi when other team could have 2-3 plate bunkers? I didn’t get teamed with anyone who could carry orb until I changed to my bunker guard. Opposing team had 1-3 heavy armor carriers in each match.

(edited by Vieteriukko.6075)

in PvP

ceinwyn.3248

The Grief-able Mesmer is up!

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.4739

Wolf.4739

Signed – hate it.