Thief

Ranger
Necro

Apparently warrior doesn’t even qualify, and I can’t argue against that! lol

sPvP Class Tier List: - Updated 6/30

in PvP

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

^I figured they removed that piece of crap class.

in PvP

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

Well at least a majority agree that Eles & Mesmers are over the top.

Just saw an Eles finish people with the Mist form, this is sooo lame.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

…In case some people missed the sotg early this month

http://www.gameskinny.com/3235x/guild-wars-2-state-of-the-game-march-part-2

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Read many of the responses here, but one thing I’m curious about is WHAT criteria this tier list is based upon.

Perhaps instead of just putting classes into random tiers “because I feel it fits in here,” we should have a discussion about “matchups,” and how each class compares to the other based on certain criteria, ie; holding a point, back cap ability/mobility, team fight utility, team fight damage, 1v1 ability, etc. And give each class a relative score.

The reason I say this is because at the end of the day, in order to fit one class into a team, you need to drop another. As such, everything is relative, and a tier list should be determined by this relativity.

For example; Thief – Ele comparison (arbitrary numbers)

Point holding 2-8
Mobility/back cap 5.5-4.5
Team Fight Utility: 4-6
Team fight damage: 5-5
1v1 ability – 3-7

From the above, we can see that thief gets 19.5 points, and the Ele gets 30.5 points.

Now the Thief – Guardian comparison

Point Holding 1-9
Mobility/back cap 8-2
Team fight Utility: 3-7
Team fight damage: 7-3
1v1 ability: 3-7

From here, we can see that the theif gets 22 points and the Guardian gets 28 points.

And an Ele – Guardian comparison
Point Holding 4-6
Mobility/back cap 7-3
Team Fight utility 4.5-5.5
Team fight Damage: 7-3
1v1 ability: 5-5

From here, we can see that the ele gets 27.5 and the guardian gets 22.5 points

We then just need to put together a decent set of criteria, and make these sort of match-up lists for each class combination. Once this is determined, it will be much easier to rank each class in the tier list, with the classes that get the highest points being at the top, and those with the least points being at the bottom.

Other potential criteria I could think of were: Viable build variations, burst damage potential, multiple of same class viability, Team fight sustain potential, etc.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

(edited by Reikou.7068)

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

It’s amusing how people can get so offended by a tier list.

People on the Internet get offended by the notion of anyone having different opinion from theirs.

People on the internet also make lists about listmakers that are good at listmaking

What happens with the list if DD ele gets a major nerf and people actually starts to understand the necro? Will take forever for DD to get “lower tier” cause of the acne crew raging over their Red Bulls!

You already have one such example. Ranger with traps. It’s been the same since release really and only now people tried it widely and noticed he is powerful.

Also those lists are not too good because some ppl rate based on 1 working OP spec and other overall capability.

This is so not true. Rangers got some serious buffs since the game was released. Same with eles.

Lick wound actually works, projectile speed increased, pet AI improved to make pets actually a threat, traps are now unblockable (and actually work on clocktower, lol), entangle now deals damage based on the rangers condi damage etc etc

Eles had the same deal. Lots of buffs that added up.

The meta has been directly influenced by changes to the game time and again. Some people like to think that there are these “hidden” builds out there, but I can tell ya there is only so much you can do with half the trees and utilities on all classes being complete kitten.

While the Ele has recieved the one buff to its healing on cone of cold and nerfs every where else.

Just like how this meta is going to change when they add some minor tweaks to the other classes next week, when they make something work that has been bugged and people all of a sudden see that build in frequency, because it works.

But lets not turn this into another nerf thread. more list qq go!!

I hate to necro this post but the idea is still as prevalent as ever.

Ride the lightning used to be a self-stun on anything except flat terrian. You couldn’t reliably chain it into updraft and couldn’t use it for movement without risking losing time and a cooldown for it.

Vapor form went on the two in downed state. That’s HUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEEE

Thieves, the largest natrual counter to eles, were nerfed with respect to both ranged and melee burst.

Evasive arcana was fix so staff eles aren’t able to blast a billion times over in water fields, forcing eles to search elsewhere for viability.

Just those few things, very real changes to the game, saw eles come back into the meta.

When A-net makes changes players make the new meta. The quickness nerf = no warrior viability, almost no ranger viability, less mesmers and less thieves running haste.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I would say this:
1- Elementalist (D/D)
2- Mesmer
3- Guardian
4- Necromancer
5- Thief (no BS or HS)
6- Engineer (when running 100nades)
7- Ranger (condition build)
7b- BS/ HS thief
9- Warrior

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Sirendor

100nades doesn’t exist anymore

But HGH build were stuperior, and even more now.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

From what I have truly seen, it would seem like this to me:

1- Ele
2- Thief
3- Mesmer
4- Eng
5- Guard
6- Ranger
7- Necro
8- Warrior

Warriors are actually 8-10,000, because that’s how awful they are right now.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Vision.3541

Vision.3541

1) Warrior
2) not warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Lukrath.6982

Lukrath.6982

lots of people put necro low. I quite disagree as they can have a useful build in almost every category. and every1 puts eles up top but really only the REALLY good eles would be first. like maybe 10% and all the other eles would be much lower.
1)Top tier Elementalists (really. I dnt need to say anything)
2)Mesmer (for their unmatchable group utility)
3) Engineer (great survivability, group utility and support. has some nice dps too)
4) Necromancer ( great condition, power, or support builds. poor mobility is a downside)
5) Thief (great mobility and dps but not much group utility)
6)Guard (great support but very limited. cnt adapt very well to situations)
7) Every other ele
9) Ranger (Rangers are in a bad spot for pvp imo)
10) Warrior (generally useless. more so now frenzy is gone)

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Lots of people put thief/Mesmer near the top. Not a chance. Thief is definitely in the lower half, and Mesmer, middleish of the pack. Rating Mesmer higher than guardian. Just wow.

People should post whether they hotjoin, do tournies, and if tournies ever do premades. I can’t imagine people who premade tournies think guardians are bad.

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

Lots of people put thief/Mesmer near the top. Not a chance. Thief is definitely in the lower half, and Mesmer, middleish of the pack. Rating Mesmer higher than guardian. Just wow.

People should post whether they hotjoin, do tournies, and if tournies ever do premades. I can’t imagine people who premade tournies think guardians are bad.

I can’t immagine people playing with double ele in tPvP against double guardian+double mesmer and I’m talking about rank 40+, so far I haven’t seen yet a single double ele and when there was even a single ele..it was pugs, tPvP current situation EU.

in PvP

Posted by: Boot.7368

Boot.7368

Tpvp
My view on tier lists, based on decent players with in-depth knowledge of the mechanics on team vs team matches. Not solo queue charades and whatnot.

Class A:
ELE > A good ele is unstoppable. For all and every maps. In any setup.
MESMER > Strong damage output. Almost highest utility (Illusion, portal AND quickness in ONE prof)
GUA (i do not find Guardians OP, but very good and effective at their role as bunkers)

Class B:
Thief > No class should be able to kill someone in 1.5 seconds (provided that the said prof has a stun breaker on cooldown) unless the target is a glass cannon itself. Absolutely ridiculous. Also: stealth needs to be fixed. You should not be able to deal damage without the other person seeing anything. Lastly, give them shortbow damage provided they have to trait for it. kittening sad when thieves outdamage actually ranged professions in 2v2- 3v3 scenarios with shortbow without any traits spent for it.

necro > Very strong Provided that the player has a clue. Bunker killer supreme.

Engineer: Has a few bugs and a very few ways of dealing with “Oh kitten” situations but other than that, very nice aoe damage. If people don’t come out to deal with you when standing far away and start nuking they are in trouble.

Class C:

Ranger* > You can play trap ranger and be decent versus noobs. Other than that you are useless. Quickness nerf affected it to a great extent. So long quickness stomps / resses. It didn’t bring anything more than other classes in team fights before, apart from some nice damage and the stomps. Now that it doesn’t even do that, might as well get something else. Sure the trap ultimate is nice and 2 traps deal ok damage but not enough to keep it for main line up. If you play triple trap good luck with any1 who has hard cc. As far as BM is concerned, nice dueling but nothing more. If the opponent knows how to deal with pets you are kitten out of luck! Again, there are plenty others to take your place in that. Lastly, rangers are weak sauce in team fights. Pets get erased in a matter of seconds without any effort on the opponents part.

Warrior > I believe warrior was hit the hardest with quickness. Not that it cant 1shot you now if somebody lands an immobilise on you. But still, was a big nerf to them. I completely agree with the nerf but I understand people’s frustration about it. I have seen several high end teams running warriors with thieves, basically erasing any target that they pick when roaming as 2s-3s (duo thief- warr, duo warr thief, thief-warr-x). Thus, I conclude that at a high level, warrior would be higher than ranger as a roamer by far*.

in PvP

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

Excellent April fools joke!

in PvP

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

My signature says what i think about ur stupid ‘tiers’.

I basically never die or lose with my life leaching build on necromancer .And bunkers.. just wait few moments for them to stack all their boons and pop boon corruptor and they are gone.

I also do pretty good in my ranger which ends up in the down part of your ‘lists’ also. Ofc if u run into 2 guardians you will die before taking a second breath but if you know where and when to be putting 25 stacks of bleed in someones kitten is free kill for me.

I’ve seen warriors ripping elementalists appart also.

So its up to a player. I believe if u would give a moron a tank he would manage to lose a dual against person with a fork somehow also.

L2P , cheers.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

I’ve seen warriors ripping elementalists appart also.

Yes, if you are the ele …

L2P , cheers.

selfowned!

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Will update this list later today with the numerous new responses around 6-7pm eastern.

I would like to remind posters that this list is focused around the Tournament structure and usefulness/how WANTED these classes are for a team. The want / usefulness is decided on overall class ability in a Tournament setting.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Will update this list later today with the numerous new responses around 6-7pm eastern.

I would like to remind posters that this list is focused around the Tournament structure and usefulness/how WANTED these classes are for a team. The want / usefulness is decided on overall class ability in a Tournament setting.

Tournament settings are largely dependent on area as well. EU values Rangers over Engineers, while the current meta at high end NA tournament (what few there are) is Confusion Engineer over rangers.

From the few teams on the NA still around, the current “Meta” which is really dependent on your team is as follows.

NA Tournament “Meta”

Bunker guardian
Bunker/Balance ele (30 Arcana) for either back bunker cover or as the roamer
Condition Necro (teamed with the Engineer or Condi ranger is extremely powerful)
Trap Ranger/Condi Engineer
Portal/Bunker Mesmer

Occasionally you will get changes such as Khalifa runs a power mancer or you will get a 100b or the new hammer guardian or support guardian or even the bunker ranger, but for the most part those 5 are the most commonly used because they are the easiest to synergize. While not having to focus around building around a single player. If you play with a 100B warrior, shatter mesmer, thief, Burst ele, or powermancer your entire team has to be built to support and help that player if they get in trouble, and a lot of teams don’t want to work to do something that requires communication it’s much easier to just stick to more universal classes.

EU Tournament (based on conversations with several of the top teams still around)

Bunker Guardian
Portal/Bunker Mesmer
30 Arcana Balance D/D Ele
Trap/Bunker Ranger
Condition/Hybrid Necro

There are hardly any Engineers, maybe two thieves, and a very rare appearance by a warrior. One of the top teams is starting to run a warrior because their warrior just returned, but he is one of the very very few.

As you can see there are a few minor changes between them, but the central players of Guardian/Mesmer/Ele/Necro are always there as they provide the cleanest synergy.

in PvP

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

In terms of “must have”

1. Ele
2. Guardian
3. Mesmer
4. Thief
5. Necro
6. Engineer
7. Ranger
8. Warrior

Obviously depends on the builds really but yeah. This is basically what I think.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Here is my opinion, from the perspective of a casual.

1. Mesmer (Retaliation/Confusion Bunker, and Shatter builds)
2. Ranger (Condition Ranger with a lot of CC kite all day while doing insane damage passively from bleeds, burns)
3. Engi (Condition Engi, not as bad as Ranger, less kiteability, more CC)
4. Necro (Condition necro, they do insane damage, more than Ranger and Engi, less kite, but more tankiness to make up for it.)
5. Ele (They are balanced. Bunkers do well almost everyone runs condition damage spec now)
6. Guardian (They are balanced, again people think they are OP because of the plethora of condition removals)
6. Thief (extremely squishy, only good for killing low heath targets)
7. Warrior (extremely prone to CC and condition damage(condition damage builds make up the lion’s share of DPS builds atm)).

(edited by Geff.1930)

in PvP

Posted by: Vicarious.3047

Vicarious.3047

5. Ele (They are balanced. Bunkers do well almost everyone runs condition damage spec now)

Just because you said that I have to now disagree with everything else you said, whether I had originally agreed with it or not….. lol

Unless you’re playing an April Fool’s joke on us, then I commend you!

in PvP

daydream.2938

Just because you said that I have to now disagree with everything else you said, whether I had originally agreed with it or not….. lol

he admits hes a casual at least. The poor guy thinks mesmers are the strongest class.
people who don’t do premades vs premades , don’t understand.

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

he admits hes a casual at least. The poor guy thinks mesmers are the strongest class.

You think all people who joined this thread are tPvPers? I should start asking for your rank and videos of your latest matches, win/loss ratio and number of tournaments played…I’m sure that with a ladder system, 3/4 of the answers here would be automatically invalidated .

-edit- half of your posts have been set to belittle anyone who would dare to think that mesmers are OP, you speak as a self-appointed dunno what either, it’s like your word counts more than anything else and who disagree with you is a fool or a brainless"noob"

(edited by Arheundel.6451)

in PvP

Posted by: Davinci.8027

Davinci.8027

In this order:

1.)Warriors (sooooo much burst)
2.) Thieves (soooo much burst but less than warriors)
3.)Rangers (sooooo much haste, is not fare)
4.) Mesmers (time portal, warp, illusion of life [es so op])
5.) Guardian (es never die)
6.) Necro (conddition master)
7.)Engineer (so bad, damage so lo, i laff when i go aganst engi haha)
8.) Elementalist (no damage, i only has 14000 hp, needs more heling)

Jajajajajaja

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

I think warriors are fine. They just need a bit more sustain so they don’t insta-explode (2k HP heal when spending Adrenaline or something), maybe some more condi removal options, or more specifically a better way to remove slows like cripples and chills, and a viable way to spec into the tank traits without becoming absolutely useless; maybe an improved version of the trait that converts toughness into damage.

Other than that, warriors are completely A-OK at the moment.

in PvP

daydream.2938

You think all people who joined this thread are tPvPers? I should start asking for your rank and videos of your latest matches, win/loss ratio and number of tournaments played…I’m sure that with a ladder system, 3/4 of the answers here would be automatically invalidated .

-edit- half of your posts have been set to belittle anyone who would dare to think that mesmers are OP, you speak as a self-appointed dunno what either, it’s like your word counts more than anything else and who disagree with you is a fool or a brainless"noob"

I think theres a big difference between how casuals view the game and how higher end players tend to. its born out statistically. Im not trying to belittle people, but YES, casuals opinions SHOULD count for less. In the same way experts on anything tend to know more about something than people with a casual interest.

It isn’t meant to be condescending. its just, if someone thinks mesmers are the strongest class in the game, they are simply matter of factly wrong. If these guys had to go up against the few remaining top teams/top players who group together they would see this very quickly. Theres controversy, I’m not saying everything is universally agreed on among good players, I’m saying that casual players lack the relevant experience for an accurate summation , generally. Of course some casuals have great insight into the game, and some top players are idiots. But on average top players KNOW more about the game. And like people who KNOW more about something, they tend to summarize it more accurately.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicarious.3047

Vicarious.3047

So basically other then everything important for an sPvP warrior they’re fine?

Gotcha lol

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Gotcha lol

Well yes, but remember that Warriors are godly essential in PvE because they don’t insta-die in PvE. When they can stay alive, they can offer so much to the team. So, the class’s potential is there. Just needs a few tweaks in PvP and Warriors are good to go. The arms and legs are in good condition; it’s just the cartilage in the elbow and kneecap joints that need some fixing up.

in PvP

daydream.2938

Gotcha lol

Well yes, but remember that Warriors are godly essential in PvE because they don’t insta-die in PvE. When they can stay alive, they can offer so much to the team. So, the class’s potential is there. Just needs a few tweaks in PvP and Warriors are good to go. The arms and legs are in good condition; it’s just the cartilage in the elbow and kneecap joints that need some fixing up.

They really need to start splitting abilities more between pve/pvp, because if this is the primary issue its really holding up the game.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Gotcha lol

They really need to start splitting abilities more between pve/pvp, *because if this is the primary issue *its really holding up the game.

It isn’t?
If the pve state of things mattered to that extent there’s quite a few professions lacking there already.
Mobs can be altered.
Just seems they’re reluctant to make hasty decisions.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

In this order:

1.)Warriors (sooooo much burst)
2.) Thieves (soooo much burst but less than warriors)
3.)Rangers (sooooo much haste, is not fare)
4.) Mesmers (time portal, warp, illusion of life [es so op])
5.) Guardian (es never die)
6.) Necro (conddition master)
7.)Engineer (so bad, damage so lo, i laff when i go aganst engi haha)
8.) Elementalist (no damage, i only has 14000 hp, needs more heling)

Jajajajajaja

le wat

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

glad to see ranger has dropped a few tiers. i rolled this class b/c it was bad. stop buffing me please, i need excuses.

in PvP

Posted by: Ic Dead Ppl.2741

Ic Dead Ppl.2741

ele

guardian
mesmer
necro

engineer
ranger
thief

warrior

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

I think theres a big difference between how casuals view the game and how higher end players tend to. its born out statistically. Im not trying to belittle people, but YES, casuals opinions SHOULD count for less. In the same way experts on anything tend to know more about something than people with a casual interest.

It isn’t meant to be condescending. its just, if someone thinks mesmers are the strongest class in the game, they are simply matter of factly wrong. If these guys had to go up against the few remaining top teams/top players who group together they would see this very quickly. Theres controversy, I’m not saying everything is universally agreed on among good players, I’m saying that casual players lack the relevant experience for an accurate summation , generally. Of course some casuals have great insight into the game, and some top players are idiots. But on average top players KNOW more about the game. And like people who KNOW more about something, they tend to summarize it more accurately.

Do you realize 3/4 of the answers here come from WvWvW/hotjoin players?Seriously 2-3 eles team in tPvP? At r50 a single barrage grenade engy + boon removal necro on a point…gl with you 3 eles, because unless you send all 3 eles…a single ele or even two of them..would be suicide, or another point I place guardian + trap ranger? mesmer?another necro?..how do you intend to win that point with a 3 eles team?

Really I think the situation in NA is quite laughable if people run with 3 eles, in EU people run with these tank/condition burst teams, you can have all condition removals that you want…you’ll get slaughtered if you stay for more than 5s on that point, I think people in NA are still running with d/d thieves and 100b warriors….

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Do you realize 3/4 of the answers here come from WvWvW/hotjoin players?

“67% of all statistics are made up.” -Abraham Lincoln

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

eu ele play mostly s/d….

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Ele
Engi (condi/burst)-Too stronk

Guardian
Mesmer

Necro
Ranger

Thief

Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: renss.5764

renss.5764

when i play warrior my team in tpvp does the best. tried every other class expet necro and the aoe damage and burst is just very very big if u use the right skills
the survivability really isnt taht bad and in a 1v1 i can win against anything expet guardian and confusion mesmers.

i also think that healing ranger with condition damage should be a bit higher.

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Elementalist= Answers everything, has almost no weaknesses(beating a dead horse)
Ranger=Excellent survivability, dmg and mobility. Elites are extremely powerful(looking at you, spirit). Excellent AoE condi.
Engie: Condi/burst is insane with massive cleave.
Guardian: Excellent survivability but has to sacrifice mobility for this comp. Very short boon duration but good control through wards.
Necromancer: Decent AoE condi(engineers do it far better), Lich form provides excellent dmg with power builds.
Thief: Excellent mobility and burst, lacking survivability in massive team fights.
Warrior: Stun-lock build is insane, but that’s all they have.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

I said it months ago and I’ll say it again, engis are the strongest class in the game right now. It’s just that people are starting to listen

My class list:

Tier S: Engi/Ele
Tier A: Guardian, Teef
Tier B: Ranger, mesmer
Tier C: Necro

hmmm, am I forgetting something? I really can’t tell.

My dream comp: Guard, thief, triple cantrip d/d ele, mesmer, ME ON ENGI!

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

My class list:

Tier S: Engi/Ele
Tier A: Guardian, Teef
Tier B: Ranger, mesmer
Tier C: Necro

Why do you consider thieves to be A tier and why are rangers/mesmers B tier?

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Rangers have seen a series of nerfs that make them laughable. Empathic bond’s fix and the quickness nerf, mainly. Their power in 1v1s used to lie in the fact that they could outlive opponents between massive numbers of dodges and near invulnerability to conditions with a massive over time heal. Their power in teamfights relied solely on AoE condis (protip: engis do it better) and quickness rez’s/stomps. Traps are too predictable and easy to dodge.

Mesmers are just plain weak against good players in 1v1s and have seen themselves fall into a support role. Shatter combos are predictable. Clones are cleaved down in team fights forcing mesmers to blow mirror images (usually their only stun break) to dish out damage. IOL, time warp, distortion stomping and portal seem to be their only real benefit to the team. Time warp has been nerfed from the anus tightening team killer it used to be to a relatively minor factor. Oh, and they have no condi cleanses. If I land two shrapnels a mesmer is dead unless his team cleanses him. They can dish out scary damage, but they do so at a huge risk of being focused down in the blink of an eye.

in PvP

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

This patch:

Engi
Ele
Ranger

Guardian

Thief
Mesmer
Necro

Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

pretty sure this is the best one:

1) ele
2) asura
3) charr
5) warrior
7) lyssa
8) norn

[SoF]

in PvP

daydream.2938

Rangers have seen a series of nerfs that make them laughable. Empathic bond’s fix and the quickness nerf, mainly. Their power in 1v1s used to lie in the fact that they could outlive opponents between massive numbers of dodges and near invulnerability to conditions with a massive over time heal. Their power in teamfights relied solely on AoE condis (protip: engis do it better) and quickness rez’s/stomps. Traps are too predictable and easy to dodge.

Mesmers are just plain weak against good players in 1v1s and have seen themselves fall into a support role. Shatter combos are predictable. Clones are cleaved down in team fights forcing mesmers to blow mirror images (usually their only stun break) to dish out damage. IOL, time warp, distortion stomping and portal seem to be their only real benefit to the team. Time warp has been nerfed from the anus tightening team killer it used to be to a relatively minor factor. Oh, and they have no condi cleanses. If I land two shrapnels a mesmer is dead unless his team cleanses him. They can dish out scary damage, but they do so at a huge risk of being focused down in the blink of an eye.

Gotta kinda disagree, rangers took a hard hit but are not laugable. Im seeing some new rangers running unusual specs quite effectively. Theres 1 spec in particular that I rarely see but I think its quite effective in the right team comp. But rangers are still DECENT. 1 thing that has hit rangers is hgh engies, who are way better in teamfights usually.

Mesmers, happen to be a pretty decent counter to engies ( and vice versa I know). But it keeps them relevant.
Necros might get stronger in the meta not bc of how overall good they are but bc boon stripping just got more relevant.

However, people who think mesmers are on top of power curve or that rangers are still godly, need to get w the times.

(edited by daydream.2938)

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

best thread for some good laughs

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

1.Elementalist (how long Anet? How loooong?!)
2.Engineer
3.Guardian
4.Mesmer
5.Ranger
6.Necromancer
7.Thief
8.Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Best Tier: Elementalist, Mesmer.

Average Tier: Guardian, Necromancer, Ranger, Thief, Engineer.

Below Average Tier: Warrior