signet necro is OPer than dd cele ele

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

100% realized. you think so, right?
I would say 2~3 times OPer than dd cele ele.
So,
necro > dd cele ele >= new revenant > all other classes.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

It is very powerful. Except when it gets hard focused. Like all necromancers current weakness, they cannot handle 3-4 players smashing their faces.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

wot

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

lol. @OP: Nice try. Nothing is even close to D/D ele right now.

in PvP

online.1278

what class is OPest in these days? I would try that class.

My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Even D/D eles can kill Necromancers. Depending on the situation, it might be slightly more in favor of the necro, and necros make it harder for Eles in a team fight, but they’re pretty much as niche-anti-elementalist as it gets and STILL just hits the mark. For once Necromancer has a real attrition role.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

online.1278

um so generally which is OPest? Signet necro or dd cele ele? I just wanna play OP class right now

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

um so generally which is OPest? Signet necro or dd cele ele? I just wanna play OP class right now

By far Ele, that’s not even a question, even if Cele Necro can stand toe to toe with Cele-ele a bit better than others, Cele Ele is by far better.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

By far Ele, that’s not even a question, even if Cele Necro can stand toe to toe with Cele-ele a bit better than others, Cele Ele is by far better.

Good signet necromancer can kitten stomp a cele ele 1v1 all day long. Period. They have condi-tranfer to handle condi builds and a lot weakness to handle power houses.

Can’t say the same for teamfights.

More OP? Technically, yes. But eles are just as powerful alone as in a group.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Well honestly…

Attachments:

in PvP

online.1278

oh common, just give me clear asnwer guys~ i just need more winrate so i need to run current’s most op class

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

oh common, just give me clear asnwer guys~ i just need more winrate so i need to run current’s most op class

We have: it’s D/D Celementalist. By far the strongest build in the game.

Cele Signet Necro is basically the one build that has a good shot at beating it, but that build has a host of weaknesses that other professions exploit.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

online.1278

Cele Signet Necro is basically the one build that has a good shot at beating it, but that build has a host of weaknesses that other professions exploit.

it sounds like both are op in general, but i will try signet necro since i didn’t lost to dd cele ele but lost to signet necro. !

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Magi condi LB ranger. It’s my fave, so OP it will blow your mind

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

If you lost to it, it must be OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Skilled signet necro against skilled d/d ele is roughly 50/50. Ask Nos or Phantaram about their multiple duels.

At my level I take some risks to cross the ring of fire and try throwing 6/9+ burning stacks with some other condi to cover up. But if the ele is aware of it he just has to dodge (or just break line of sight if I couldn’t catch him in a bad position).

If I don’t take that risk, I often end up losing the attrition war: I lack transfers to throw burning back every time the ele goes into fire, and small stacks can’t put a dent in the ele’s sustain, or if it could it might be quickly cleansed. That’s why in these encounters I have to be sharp enough to remember previous attunements so I can predict possible follow ups and hit with chill / boon corrupts at the right time. Otherwise it’s meaningless and the ele just rebuff himself.

Not to mention the RNG of boon corruptions: when the ele has so many boons on him and you want to corrupt stability or the growing stacks of might, it’s not a good idea to use all signets at once. Also, good luck in baiting dodge rolls so you can land path of corruption on CD. Good eles always have a mean to avoid it when you go into Shroud.

So please don’t say cele necro counters d/d ele when it’s roughly 50/50.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

(edited by Ara.4569)

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

it sounds like both are op in general, but i will try signet necro since i didn’t lost to dd cele ele but lost to signet necro. !

If you lose against my friend’s LB Ranger, does that make it OP too?

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Skilled signet necro against skilled d/d ele is roughly 50/50. Ask Nos or Phantaram about their multiple duels.

At my level I take some risks to cross the ring of fire and try throwing 6/9+ burning stacks with some other condi to cover up. But if the ele is aware of it he just has to dodge (or just break line of sight if I couldn’t catch him in a bad position).

If I don’t take that risk, I often end up losing the attrition war: I lack transfers to throw burning back every time the ele goes into fire, and small stacks can’t put a dent in the ele’s sustain, or if it could it might be quickly cleansed. That’s why in these encounters I have to be sharp enough to remember previous attunements so I can predict possible follow ups and hit with chill / boon corrupts at the right time. Otherwise it’s meaningless and the ele just rebuff himself.

Not to mention the RNG of boon corruptions: when the ele has so many boons on him and you want to corrupt stability or the growing stacks of might, it’s not a good idea to use all signets at once. Also, good luck in baiting dodge rolls so you can land path of corruption on CD. Good eles always have a mean to avoid it when you go into Shroud.

I’ve gotten over trying to explain it. People forget, while 1v1 Cele Necro can corrupt a lot of boons and transfer, Ele have a decent amount of evades, Burns deal damage fairly up-front and they have a decent amount of blinds and condition removal, but hey, necromancer SOUNDS like it should hardcounter Ele, so it must be true…

Fact is, it’s fairly even, but CeleNecro does have an advantage agaisnt Ele versus other builds, but also has far more weaknesses. And I read somewhere someone said they have the same sustain as CeleEle…..???? Not even close…

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Yes cele necro can easily go toe to toe with ele thats true. The thing is they don’t bring the support that an ele can and they are no where near as mobile.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Warriors’ Settler Shouting is more OP than both, didn’t you know?

hmmm I swear there was a name for that spec….. care for a reminder, OP?

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

… Lol.

So… Cele can 1v1 any profession and build combination except for Cele Signet Necro. But Cele Signet Necro cannot 1v1 any CC heavy profession, any profession that can keep itself at a consistent range (Ranger/Thief/Mesmer) and has a hard time dealing with frequent blinds (such as versus a D/P Thief).

Just because Signet Necro can stomp Ele doesn’t mean it’s OP. Cele Ele is weak to ONLY that ONE Necro build. That’s it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Lol stop trying to explain it he’s just calling for a nerfed cos he lost to one a few times nothing more.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I vote for SignetCeleNecro nerf.

It is so wrong that Celeddele is like a ragdoll vs SignetCeleNecro.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Yeah I noticed that. Very clever OP.

I say Ele, Mesmer, and Engineer are all up there.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Lol stop trying to explain it he’s just calling for a nerfed cos he lost to one a few times nothing more.

It’s very clear on the forums who is good and who is still learning.

_

Signet necro is extremely strong and doesn’t have any real counters. It’s tanky, applies plenty of weakness to counter power, constantly transfers conditions making it a very strong threat to condi-bunkers. A constant application of chill and cripple so it can kite or chase. It has everything you can want in a 1v1.

As I said, it’s only weakness is that it’s not super strong in team fights.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

_

Signet necro is extremely strong and doesn’t have any real counters. It’s tanky, applies plenty of weakness to counter power, constantly transfers conditions making it a very strong threat to condi-bunkers. A constant application of chill and cripple so it can kite or chase. It has everything you can want in a 1v1.

it’s still a necro though. so cc will still work.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

^it’s still a necro guys, just, i don’t know, play necro for a while see how OP it is to be everyone’s pinball.

in PvP

Posted by: Lowest Animal.8014

Lowest Animal.8014

Yes cele necro can easily go toe to toe with ele thats true. The thing is they don’t bring the support that an ele can and they are no where near as mobile.

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I don’t think it’s OP but I do think it’s very strong against certain builds. I got my kitten handed to me by a cele signet necro when I was on my flamethrower engineer. All those burns returned… I was rather mortified when I hit the floor. Really should have seen it coming doh.

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

_

Learn to CC and blind… Necromancer has very slow cast times on just about all of their skills. Blinding them will negate a lot of their damage. Trust me I’ve got over 2.2k hours in a Necro and I know how irritating frequent blinds are. Same with CC. You can bring multiple stunbreaks but you’re still never going to have invuln or blocks to avoid the damage that follows a CC.

Don’t hit a Necro when he/she is glowing green it fills their Death Shroud. Blind spam, CC spam, interrupt their heal, interrupt Life Transfer, GG, Necro is now screwed.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Sigh… Learn to dodge

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

100% realized. you think so, right?
I would say 2~3 times OPer than dd cele ele.
So,
necro > dd cele ele >= new revenant > all other classes.

Oh so you’re saying that Necro can also heal allies, aoe might stack, aoe give protection, 1vX for days and rotate extremely fast? Oh wait, necro is just good (i’d say OK, not Good, personally) at 1v1s? Ya, soooooo OP… lol maybe try playing the class before you start flaming it on the forums.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Adjust.6903

Adjust.6903

Ele is top still. I only play my necro however it’s the most fun class to suit my style and I love it along with my warrior. Necro ftw!

I personally find the Ele playstyle annoying and tedious. I did really enjoy it but now just find it quite irritating lol. Love necro and warrior

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I would say necromancer is 1,75433333 times oper than ele.

thoughts?

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Ele can kill everything.

Signet Necro can only kill things with excessive condi burst.

Nerf Ele condi burst and you nerf Signet Necro while also making the game better. Nerf Signet Necro and you’re still left with horrible Ele meta.

Seems to me the logical step is to nerf the Ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Ele can kill everything.

Signet Necro can only kill things with excessive condi burst.

Nerf Ele condi burst and you nerf Signet Necro while also making the game better. Nerf Signet Necro and you’re still left with horrible Ele meta.

Seems to me the logical step is to nerf the Ele.

Dat had been the logical step since 1 year ago….

logical for everyone with a proper working brain….except for anet ofc

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

In all honesty, the Signet Necromancer build is much stronger if you drop Curses, remove Signet of the Locust, and put in Blood Magic. Add Wurm + Spectral Walk and you’ve a profession with lots of mobility and survivability but still with the ability to might stack and boon strip.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

In all honesty, the Signet Necromancer build is much stronger if you drop Curses, remove Signet of the Locust, and put in Blood Magic. Add Wurm + Spectral Walk and you’ve a profession with lots of mobility and survivability but still with the ability to might stack and boon strip.

I’m inclined to disagree. I tried the cele signet build with blood, death, and even reaper, instead of curses, and each time it felt quite badsince without extremely high weakness uptime, you take way too much damage as cele vs. zerker warriors/thieves/mesmers. Plus path of corruption is amazing, and the passive signet proc is extremely helpful if you get condi-bombed in a teamfight since its your only transfer that works in DS.

The reaper build I tried really couldn’t survive well enough without weakness in my opinion, so I had to use soldiers instead. But granted RS2 in its current state is really hard to use path of corruption with, so it didn’t feel like I was losing too much after changing to a tankier amulet.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Apparently, to some genius in the necro forum signet necro is a bad build because 13 people voted it to be meta.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Apparently, to some genius in the necro forum signet necro is a bad build because 13 people voted it to be meta.

Yeah that’s silly. It’s not ‘bad’, but its equally silly to call it meta just because abjured won a tourney with it. They’ve played together for a long time and won using a fairly silly set up, which defines every reason I hate Conquest. 4 bunkers (with mostly unique purposes, outside of the 2 identical elementalists) and abusing the speed of a thief to just decap all over the place. Regardless, smarts and team play won, legitimately, but it doesn’t make the Necromancer a top-amazing build, if not for Toker, I’m not sure it would have been such a landslide.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Both of them are good fights for me depending on who the driver is. Ele is more OP though because mobility.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

50/50?

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/10124128
6:11:10, 7:39:00

There’s the necro wins in WTS, now show me the 2 wins from D/D ele vs necro in WTS that should have statistically happened according to you.

in PvP

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

It is very powerful. Except when it gets hard focused. Like all necromancers current weakness, they cannot handle 3-4 players smashing their faces.

I don’t know what you play, but every profession I play gets smashed in when I 1v3+

Though, Sig. Necro doesn’t have anyway to escape from fights, and kind of has to commit to every fight they enter. I think the only viable escape option Necro’s have is the Wurm.