so 52 games in a row lost? how is that?

in PvP

Posted by: punahou.3986

punahou.3986

makes zero sense.

I’m not the best player, but at least average to above— yet 2 days and 52 losses in a row.
ive been at rank 2 forever.

in PvP

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

1/10.

in PvP

Posted by: Maureen Adaal.3412

Maureen Adaal.3412

Well, what to say…
- bad luck – do not walk under ladders these days
- drink less
- l2p
- at least you’re not losing pips anymore

On a slightly more serious note: obviously you are doing something wrong, and I would try to find out what it is. You can visit Metabattle for your build, check what killed you after you died, watch youtube videos to see gameplay, and maybe join a PvP guild to get advice and to learn.

Anyway, hats off for the dedication.

Elena Adaal – [Kale] Kalevala – Far Shiverpeaks (EU)

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

52 losses in a row? You are pretty awful O.o

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Pics or it didn’t happen

in PvP

Posted by: Kycoo Grim.9463

Kycoo Grim.9463

I was just thinking about how it would be possible for someone to just get perpetual bad teams, and than I see this and my thought was “man that’s either a really bad player, or I just saw the future”.

Just a filthy Casual, move along.

in PvP

punahou.3986

Well, what to say…
- bad luck – do not walk under ladders these days
- drink less
- l2p
- at least you’re not losing pips anymore

On a slightly more serious note: obviously you are doing something wrong, and I would try to find out what it is. You can visit Metabattle for your build, check what killed you after you died, watch youtube videos to see gameplay, and maybe join a PvP guild to get advice and to learn.

Anyway, hats off for the dedication.

I’m not doing anything wrong. There no way ive been on 56 now losing teams and its my fault- especially when I’m placing 1-3 on the team.

in PvP

punahou.3986

typical leet response— theres more than one player on the team

in PvP

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

52 losses is kinda extreme,but i’ve been consistently getting a single win followed by 5-7 losses for the last 3 days now. Matchmaking is extremely broken atm.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

typical leet response— theres more than one player on the team

Eh there’s gotta be something in common between those 52 games to produce such consistent results? That or you just won the bad karma lottery and should probably make some offerings to the RNGeesus.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

1/10.

I’d say 0/10. OP didn’t even bother to capitalize the first words.

in PvP

Posted by: Hollywood Votary.8914

Hollywood Votary.8914

matchmaking assigns each team an a priori probability of winning…

if this was 50% plus or minus 15% for each match, the chance of this happening is still less than one in one trillion

1/1,000,000,000,000

cant take the OP seriously

edit: i meant only 50% minus 15%…which is the only relevant part

(edited by Hollywood Votary.8914)

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

Pics or it didn’t happen

this.

(+ smells like posting on forum to mby not get banned for MMR tanking)

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

if this was 50% plus or minus 15% for each match, the chance of this happening is still less than one in one trillion

1/1,000,000,000,000

did you know you can edit your own post? :OOOO

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I have no trouble believing this tbh. For one win there’s always at least 3 losses, games that are lost before they start based on matchmaking. One player can’t affect the outcome of the game much.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I’m not doing anything wrong. There no way ive been on 56 now losing teams and its my fault- especially when I’m placing 1-3 on the team.

Ah, problem detected. You think personal score matters, right? It doesn’t. You get personal score for many things including very bad and silly things like double capping. So playing for personal score often results in very bad play. You should play for the team and anet should have removed personal score long ago.

in PvP

Posted by: Hollywood Votary.8914

Hollywood Votary.8914

I have no trouble believing this tbh

this is a 25 sigma event

you should also have no trouble whatsoever believing there’s a good chance the sun won’t rise tomorrow

in PvP

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

I have no trouble believing this tbh. For one win there’s always at least 3 losses, games that are lost before they start based on matchmaking. One player can’t affect the outcome of the game much.

Afk the entire match and watch as your team loses.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

RNGesus akbar!

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Take pride on your loss streak, OP. Keep playing normally and hope you keep losing. Let’s see how far this will go on for.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The devs usually swoop in and verify such things so we shall see if indeed this person lost 52 times…

Also, winning and losing are dependent on teams, you can’t single out 1 player and call them bad when there are 4 other people to account for.

Also, players are tanking games on purpose from what I’m reading…

Either way, professions and leagues and spvp as a whole, seems like a mess as per usual. And the root of all these problems is what’s been neglected for three years… profession development and combat mechanics…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Pics or it didn’t happen

agreed

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

I hate to be the guy to say this, but unfortunately the only common denominator in those 52 games is you. While you could just be getting extremely unlucky, the odds of 52 bad teams are very, very, very, very small. The thing is, if a person deserves to be at a higher ranking due to their skill level, they will be able to carry the team (whether it is a full carry or a part carry). So maybe your place is in that division for now? I’m not really sure. But yeah, a picture would be nice to verify.

in PvP

Posted by: DrBambi.2543

DrBambi.2543

wow, and I thought I was having very long loosing streaks lately…

It actually shows that there is something wrong with MM, it doesn’t matter how bad someone is, MM is there to make sure approx 50% win rate is happening. In a team game loosing streaks like that should never happen.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

makes zero sense.

I’m not the best player, but at least average to above— yet 2 days and 52 losses in a row.
ive been at rank 2 forever.

1. With that many losses you’ve had a great deal of bad luck

2. Are you running current meta pvp build? If you’re running your old PU Shatter, Burn Guardian, Hammer Warrior, etc… You’re pulling your team down as the old meta has been destroyed by the OP Elite Specs. If you want to PvP now you have to not only buy HoT but master one of the Elite Spec’s ranked good or meta over on metabattle.com (that’s the easiest way to go about insuring you have a solid viable build)

3. Have done 100% solo queue? Solo queue and pre-made queues are mixed. In fact even guild teams go into this queue so if you solo queue, many times you will be pigs to the slaughter for whatever premade is selected by matchmaking to get a free win off your team. Yes MMR is suppose to make all that equal, but matchmaking does not account for the experience the team has together (which is greater than individual MMR) and it also doesn’t take into account their ability to strategize instantly on voice coms. MMR based matchmaking is not nearly enough.

On the bright side, your MMR should be very low now. You can prob advertise in map chat “low MMR player LFG” and get picked up by a team right away. I have no idea if advertising if advertising that you are a low MMR player is against the rules or not so might want to check that.

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

DONT GO on metabattle !

Old builds from the core GW2 are still Meta on this site … plz

in PvP

Posted by: Caerbanog.3410

Caerbanog.3410

1/1,000,000,000,000

Under the assumption of assigned probabilities actually representative of the reality. If the MM is broken so…it’s just broken.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

DONT GO on metabattle !

These are the meta builds at the moment

Chronomancer – Alacrity Bunker
Druid – Celestial Avatar
Herald – Condition Mallyx
Scrapper – Marauder Hammer
Tempest – Celestial Auramancer

according to http://metabattle.com. Please tell me which of them is old/core GW2, in your opinion. ;-)

in PvP

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Eh there’s gotta be something in common between those 52 games to produce such consistent results?

Yes. Him.

But given the state of league-failing, I’m thinking he just hasn’t found out that losing is the cool thing to do.

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

DONT GO on metabattle !

These are the meta builds at the moment

Chronomancer – Alacrity Bunker
Druid – Celestial Avatar
Herald – Condition Mallyx
Scrapper – Marauder Hammer
Tempest – Celestial Auramancer

according to http://metabattle.com. Please tell me which of them is old/core GW2, in your opinion. ;-)

So they finally changed it =D good

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Inb4 Grouch comes in here with the usual “took a look at your match history, you only lost 5 in a row”.

in PvP

Posted by: Elyndis.2130

Elyndis.2130

Your assumption is that matchmaking is making accurate predictions. Since matchmaking does not account for premades, I believe that OP’s case is possible, though atypical.

Wins and losses are zero-sum, of course. If there are many premades who go on massive winning streaks, then you should expect that there will be some people who are going on massive losing streaks. You should also expect that they will still be outliers as most of the effect will just go into reducing the average win rate of solo players.

That last point is a huge issue. I would wager that most players are solo – or, at least, were before leagues. It would result in the massive frustration that you see.

in PvP

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

He probably had his first 10 losses, got demoralized and demotivated, then continued to play at 60% of his game. Then continued to lose.

I’ve done that before, just take a couple hard losses that shouldn’t have happened.. then you just feel like kitten and keep losing because you can’t focus on winning.

in PvP

Posted by: rhycochet.5268

rhycochet.5268

like someone mentioned above in passing…pretty sure for this to be true OP is on a premade to tank his MMR and is posting this here as a preemptive strike so if he gets banned he can say “but i even complained about this unbelievable lose streak on the forums!”

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

DONT GO on metabattle !

No they aren’t. Only the five builds at the very top are “meta” What you see listed under “Good” and others under Conquest subsections are past meta builds. Effective outside high division play, but not meta. Metabattle.com has been endorsed by ArenaNet. The meta builds come from analysis of Twitch feeds and focus on ESL Pro players who live stream. It’s actually very reliable although not always bleeding edge.

in PvP

SamTheGuardian.2938

Your assumption is that matchmaking is making accurate predictions. Since matchmaking does not account for premades, I believe that OP’s case is possible, though atypical.
….

And matchmaking is looking at old MMR. WarriorJoe.2934 just bought HoT, never reads the forms, has been running his old meta build for months. He’s finished PvE story for HoT and decides to got to PvP. He signs in decided to spend three days playing nothing but PvP and it takes him 40 matches to realize his build is no longer what it once was. Those 40 matches he was a handicap to his team because matchmaking did not take into account that he wasn’t running a viable meta pvp build… This is a real problem because some of the meta pvp builds are so OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

DONT GO on metabattle !

Actually it specifies on metabattle if it is a meta or outdated build.

in PvP

Posted by: egzius.9031

egzius.9031

hard to win games when tanking mmr

in PvP

Death Aggro.9602

I never understood the whole tanking MMR. Doesn’t that just give you more poop teammates to play with as well as against?

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I never understood the whole tanking MMR. Doesn’t that just give you more poop teammates to play with as well as against?

No it gives you good teammates and poop enemy team so you can get your win to maintain the 50/50 win rate.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Death Aggro.9602

Oh. I thought it just matched you against and with other players as bad as your MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Oh. I thought it just matched you against and with other players as bad as your MMR.

It does if you soloQ but real MMR manipulators are not soloQing

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

OP is probably a thief that didn’t buy the expansion.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

maximum i ever lost in a row was probly 7-9 games , and i have over 20k+ pvp games.
so how about u stop playing pvp , at least ranked.
try www, or unranked .

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Is this you OP?

Attachments:

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

lucky you – I’d kill for the sweet MMR you have now! :P

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I’m getting stomped by the matchmaking. Not nearly as bad as your luck but anyone defending this system is abusing it imo. Rank has nothing to do with skill it’s all about matchmaking. Only way to avoid it is to group, I’m done solo queing.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Is it even possible to play 52 games in 48 hours? This guy must be trolling

in PvP

Posted by: Elyndis.2130

Elyndis.2130

Is it even possible to play 52 games in 48 hours? This guy must be trolling

A game maybe lasts 15 minutes including queue time. With that number, it would take 13 hours to complete 52 games.

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

(+ smells like posting on forum to mby not get banned for MMR tanking)

This is the only possible answer