so was this suppose to be the D/D balance?

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Burning Fire no longer apply might when you use a cantrop.

This alone is huge by itself.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Honestly I always see his sustain untouched and always an high capability to stack a lot of might

And Necro now will have more difficult to kill it.

At the end, always Meta ^ 2

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Honestly I always see his sustain untouched and always an high capability to stack a lot of might

Necros always with the victim complex, no matter their viability.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

This makes no sense at all, how do these changes make it MORE difficult for a necro to kill an ele?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Phil.8901

This makes no sense at all, how do these changes make it MORE difficult for a necro to kill an ele?

Because the change of Ring of Fire

Necros used to walk in and out in the previous version, gaining super high burn stacks and transferred them to Ele with transfer skills

Now Wall fire is only 1 burn stack so less damage to transfer.

Honestly i Think the new Ring of Fire is more a Buff than a nerf.

Phantaram basically said the same thing during the streaming.

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Necros used to walk in and out in the previous version, gaining super high burn stacks and transferred them to Ele with transfer skills

Did that ever work against any decent player? I would just dodge if I saw an enemy necro do that, leaving them stuck with 9 burns once their transfer fails.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Revolutionen.5693

Revolutionen.5693

Where can I find these update notes?

in PvP

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

Burning application is nearly identical to pre-patch. RoF is a buff for smaller fights – 1v1 2v2 and so, you could avoid crossing it, now its much stronger. in teamfights you got a lot of burn out of crossing so its a slight nerf.
Otherwise burning is pretty much the same – 1/2s less on Drake is barely noticeable.
You loose a bit of might (still super easy to stack high amounts) and thats it. Vigor is still perma, no sustain changes there. Ashes, slightly fewer blinds but still very frequent.

Meta^2 as strong as ever (1v1 maybe even tick stronger, those 2 bonus guaranteed stacks of burning offset the small might loss).
Same sustain, same mobility, same team-support, same disengage-heal-reengage, almost the same damage (minimal decrease) – how does this possibly change anything. The real nerfs will be revealed on tuesday, im sure they are there.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Still not fixing the ele. We’ll just see less ridiculous burns and random blinds now, which was an emergency fix, I guess.

Also, nice Smiter’s Boon on Icebow 4.

How is it not fixed Ele?

• Sustain? Double the CD on Vigor on crit
  • Might? No more might Cantrips (9 stacks)
  • Burning? Huge nerf from 3 stacks 5s to 1 stack 2s

D/D Ele gonna hit like a wet noodle again. if you die to a D/D Ele after patch, its purely gameplay issue. Haters gonna hate though.

About that Vigor – you’ll still gain 50%+ utpime from the current trait, then you’ll also gain vigor from attuning to water and from using cantrips. You can still pretty much come close to perma vigor without any changes to the cure DD build.

(edited by witcher.3197)

in PvP

witcher.3197

Did that ever work against any decent player? I would just dodge if I saw an enemy necro do that, leaving them stuck with 9 burns once their transfer fails.

Most decent eles stopped using Ring of Fire vs cele necs, so the matchup will basically be the same, except worse eles (who still use it vs necs) will be punished even less all while ele sustain is untouched (they’ll still have ~perma vigor).

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Still not fixing the ele. We’ll just see less ridiculous burns and random blinds now, which was an emergency fix, I guess.

How is it not fixed Ele?

D/D Ele gonna hit like a wet noodle again. if you die to a D/D Ele after patch, its purely gameplay issue. Haters gonna hate though.

Actually it’s 12 stacks of might but…haters gonna hate and they won’t stop whining until ele does 0 dmg and has max 5 base HP ^^

Now cele ele does close to 0 damage…so the skilless forum warriors will switch their focus on ele sustain, gladly top teams won’t be using double/triple ele anymore*so whiners will have nothing to support their "arguments*.

When HoT release, ele haters will be finally shutted down, other classes will take the place of most hated profession..and in the end I will be still grinding noobs into submission with my ele ^^

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

How is it not fixed Ele?

About that Vigor – you’ll still gain 50%+ utpie from the current trait, then yoU’ll also gain vigor from attuning to water and from using cantrips. You can still pretty much come close to perma vigor without any changes to the cure DD build.

Oh yah, it’s like current D/D ele is using Tempest traits? If you don’t know about the class, at least don’t show people that so you can still appear to be “knowledgeable” and not just a hater.

D/D Ele got a nerf across the board, from Sustain, Burning, to Might. That’s a fact.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

witcher.3197

How is it not fixed Ele?

About that Vigor – you’ll still gain 50%+ utpie from the current trait, then yoU’ll also gain vigor from attuning to water and from using cantrips. You can still pretty much come close to perma vigor without any changes to the cure DD build.

Oh yah, it’s like current D/D ele is using Tempest traits? If you don’t know about the class, at least don’t show people that so you can still appear to be “knowledgeable” and not just a hater.

D/D Ele got a nerf across the board, from Sustain, Burning, to Might. That’s a fact.

Maybe you forgot about Elemental Contingency? Okay, technically it’s not upon attuning, it’s 0.01sec after but I hoped that you’d get the point.

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

The fact that d/d ele sustain was not touched is hilarious. They still will have perma vigor from water and Ring of fire even got a general buff. I guess we get to enjoy another 6 months of double/triple d/d ele.

Let’s be fair, the blind spam from blinding ashes was a big part of cele ele survivability and it was slightly nerfed.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Necros always with the victim complex, no matter their viability.

Emos complex, makes sense.. XD

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

would you like an iwin button?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Phil.8901

would you like an iwin button?

Just an alternative at the same level + o -

It’s not the case for now, it’s too much dominating.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

watch ele drop when the expansion hits. people have yet to see the true power of some elite specs.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

The fact that d/d ele sustain was not touched is hilarious. They still will have perma vigor from water and Ring of fire even got a general buff. I guess we get to enjoy another 6 months of double/triple d/d ele.

Let’s be fair, the blind spam from blinding ashes was a big part of cele ele survivability and it was slightly nerfed.

It is actually a very substantial nerf for the trait. Almost all of dd ele’s burns are restricted to the fire attunement with the odd cleansing fires. Currently with a 5 second icd you can get a first blind early in the fire rotation, and still have a good oportunity to get the second blind either from lingering ring of fire, or from the second fire shield if you manage to land magnetic grasp/leap. With an 8 second icd, I don’t think there will be enough time to get the second blind with each fire rotation. So basically what was practically 2 blinds every rotation, is now just 1. The result is a 50% nerf which is never something to sneeze at.

As for that not being enough, it probably is. Just remember seemingly small changes can make a huge difference. For example from the big trait overhaul shoutbow got a lot of buffs being able to take several extra excellent traits (burst mastery, shrug it off, brawler’s recovery, defy the pain without losing out on any of their old traits). However nerfs to 2 traits made the build, as many warriors would like to say, “completely non viable”.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

(edited by ArthurDent.9538)

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

What made DD Ele OP was the combined effort of damage and sustain. They decided to nerf the might stacking and damage part. They probably want it to remain a bruiser and a bunker but not dish out so much damage.

If you want a damage Ele, I suppose going for the scepter fresh air build is the way to go.

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

What made DD Ele OP was the combined effort of damage and sustain. They decided to nerf the might stacking and damage part. They probably want it to remain a bruiser and a bunker but not dish out so much damage.

If you want a damage Ele, I suppose going for the scepter fresh air build is the way to go.

^^ This. Actually would be refreshing to see Fresh Air back in the meta once again.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

^^ This. Actually would be refreshing to see Fresh Air back in the meta once again.

fresh air was never meta. it would be refreshing to see it in the meta for the first time ever.

in PvP

Posted by: Readymade.1672

Readymade.1672

How is it not fixed Ele?

While replying to a guy who ends every forum post with “Haters gonna hate” is a terrible idea. Let’s disperse some of your ignorance.

1.The nerf to vigor on crit is not a nerf to sustain. Cantrips are enough vigor, and d/d eles will just switch to the Arcane Precision trait for extra burn/blind on crit as well as additional condi covers.

Nerf to Vigor (10s cd instead of 5s) will mostly impact DPS Ele builds as they relied on this trait for their only source of vigor.

2. No competent d/d ele blows cantrips just for Might. D/D Ele’s might-stacking comes from other sources (fire fields and easy access to multiple blast finishers) and will not be affected at all by this nerf.

D/D eles will still have 25 might, perhaps it’ll take them 5 seconds longer to get it without access to might on cantrips.

3. Let’s pretend no one noticed that Dragon’s Breath used to be 2s per stack and was “unnerfed” in a recent patch. D/D ele was still meta with 2s of burn per stack.

It’s frankly just a great skill with amazing pressure to bait out dodges/punish those without condi clear, and it takes little to no ability to land.

NA’s Original Staff Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

3. Let’s pretend no one noticed that Dragon’s Breath used to be 2s per stack and was “unnerfed” in a recent patch. D/D ele was still meta with 2s of burn per stack.

Let’s pretend that no other burning skill on any profession had its burn stacks application increased while drake’s breath didn’t. You wouldn’t be making this point if on June 23 drake’s breath had it’s duration decreased to 1.5s but applied 2 stacks of burn.

in PvP

Posted by: Readymade.1672

Readymade.1672

Let’s pretend that no other burning skill on any profession had its burn stacks application increased while drake’s breath didn’t. You wouldn’t be making this point if on June 23 drake’s breath had it’s duration decreased to 1.5s but applied 2 stacks of burn.

I don’t get it: They didn’t increase the stacks of burning per tick (because that would be literally insane) but increased the burning duration back to standard.
A buff is a buff, and the skill was strong/will continue to be strong regardless if it is 2s or 3s of burn per tick.

NA’s Original Staff Elementalist

in PvP

Sykper.6583

fresh air was never meta. it would be refreshing to see it in the meta for the first time ever.

Huh? Could have sworn I saw it being run mid-2013, think it was around the Aetherblade Hideout in LA times…

…Blargh, I’ll just take your word for it and agree with the prospect of Fresh Air being in the Meta.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

Huh? Could have sworn I saw it being run mid-2013, think it was around the Aetherblade Hideout in LA times…

…Blargh, I’ll just take your word for it and agree with the prospect of Fresh Air being in the Meta.

people tried to run it, one of them was zoose. it was terrible and suddenly there were no elementalists in any tournaments for around a year, 99% of queue matches were 0 eles in both teams and IF you played fresh air ele you got flamed for it. good old times /sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

people tried to run it, one of them was zoose. it was terrible and suddenly there were no elementalists in any tournaments for around a year, 99% of queue matches were 0 eles in both teams and IF you played fresh air ele you got flamed for it. good old times /sarcasm

Sounds surprisingly alot like ranger!

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Sykper.6583

Ah, memories flooded in now when you mentioned zoose, he made a youtube video on the build back then. I was in and out of SPvP at that time so yea, makes sense.

Didn’t he stop playing?

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: Inflames.8026

Inflames.8026

To me it seem like there are two sides here.
The people who play elementalist who is so shocked over the nerf.
And the people who try to see reason behind the nerfs.
These are small but nessesary tweaks to tone the ele down abit.
Nothing is set in stone and everything can change.
Noone will ever know until it goes live

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

You forgot a third group which started this thread. The group who doesn’t play elementalist, and wants it nerfed even harder so they can kill it easily.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

You forgot a third group which started this thread. The group who doesn’t play elementalist, and wants it nerfed even harder so they can kill it easily.

You forgot the fourth group – the forum warriors who moan about everything that ANet does.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

WARNING EVERYONE GET YOUR TINFOIL HATS

• CONSPIRACY THEORY INCOMING!!!1!one!!!

Phantaram: WOW!!! Revenant is really cool! I’m going to make Revenant my new main in HoT.

Pantaram’s ArenaNet Friends: kitten now we can finally nerf Elementalists.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

While replying to a guy who ends every forum post with “Haters gonna hate” is a terrible idea. Let’s disperse some of your ignorance.

1.The nerf to vigor on crit is not a nerf to sustain. Cantrips are enough vigor, and d/d eles will just switch to the Arcane Precision trait for extra burn/blind on crit as well as additional condi covers.

Nerf to Vigor (10s cd instead of 5s) will mostly impact DPS Ele builds as they relied on this trait for their only source of vigor.

2. No competent d/d ele blows cantrips just for Might. D/D Ele’s might-stacking comes from other sources (fire fields and easy access to multiple blast finishers) and will not be affected at all by this nerf.

D/D eles will still have 25 might, perhaps it’ll take them 5 seconds longer to get it without access to might on cantrips.

It’s frankly just a great skill with amazing pressure to bait out dodges/punish those without condi clear, and it takes little to no ability to land.

this guy gets it.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

this guy gets it.

1) Cantrips are enough Vigor? Just fire up your client and play a D/D ele without Renewing Stamina, and give us a video of that. Pure talk, no substance.

2) People don’t blow cantrips for mights. That doesn’t mean they don’t lose the might stacks after the nerf. Good strawman right there. You just try to distract people from the fact that Ele Might stacking got nerfed.

3) Over 3s cast + animation, how much is the DPS for Drake Breath now? Would it be higher than a Warrior auto attack for 3s?

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

How is it not fixed Ele?

What if I want to play a duellist ele build with sustain and damage?

I’d rather LOSE the team support part of the ele entirely, making all weapon sets good for solo play, including STAFF how that sound “PRO” staff ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

No one is discussing the possibility that the Ele will be OP even after these nerfs…
I personally do not know if it will be OP, UP or just right, but this is why you have an iterative process, no?

in PvP

witcher.3197

WARNING EVERYONE GET YOUR TINFOIL HATS

• CONSPIRACY THEORY INCOMING!!!1!one!!!

Phantaram: WOW!!! Revenant is really cool! I’m going to make Revenant my new main in HoT.

Pantaram’s ArenaNet Friends: kitten now we can finally nerf Elementalists.

Plot twits:

Phantaram pretends to roll a revenant, so Anet will think it’s because ele sucks, Anet ends up buffing DD, and Phantaram will 1v5 tournaments with it until the next balance patch in 2017.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I think Anet doesn’t want to kill d/d ele just yet since this is the first time the fire line has been viable since launch

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Gee, now that the fire line isn’t worth taking I sure look forward to months and months of Diamondskin Eles everywhere.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Gee, now that the fire line isn’t worth taking I sure look forward to months and months of Diamondskin Eles everywhere.

No decent player lose to a diamond skin ele in PvP…if in WvW you lose to any not above average ele, on a ranger..guess what? got news for you:get better on ranger ’cause you really need loads of practice

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I think Anet doesn’t want to kill d/d ele just yet since this is the first time the fire line has been viable since launch

Honestly, the strongest part of fire line has always secretly been pyromancer’s training…it wasn’t touched.

These changes overall are good. Offense of D/D got cut down quite a bit: the burning pressure was toned down a lot in lower-tiers (where bad players walked through ring a lot) and a little bit for intelligent players, and the removal of might from cantrips removes a good 3-5 might stacks (it works out to 6.6 if all cantrips are used on CD, but they are used a little less often). The vigor nerf changes nothing, as vigor isn’t even that good anymore and you will still have perma vigor if you take ele contingency and/or soothing disruption). Good eles will probably take the arcane trait at this spot now, as weakness and a little extra damage from burning are probably stronger.

Blinding ashes change was funny. People whined a LOT about the blinds, but they weren’t even that often or strong. In a way, it really hurt potential high-damage builds from a more reliable form of defense. At 5s or 8s, you were still only getting 1 blind every rotation through fire anyway. Its now a pretty bad trait for the GM slot…people will just take either "might on fire skill usage (which will be good for 3-5 stacks of might on average) or the trait that increases fire field duration, gives AOE fury on blasting fire fields, and gives down-state lava-font.

in PvP

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Are people still under the impression that Diamond Skin is (or ever will be) a thing? For a variety of reasons that should be self-evident, “above 90% health” traits aren’t practical against any reasonably competent player.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Clearly not. You see it at low mmr or at ESL when Nos fight stressed opponents that forget their basics, but that’s it. It is suicidal when bruising and should only be considered in a coordinated team fight with your teammates putting hard CC pressure.

Not to mention those Stop, Drop and Roll eles that don’t even care, they just dodge AFTER they receive all the stacks and it removes both burns and chill: the 2 key condi that could really mess them up.

Not saying you would kill them if these condi stick for, say, a whooping 3 sec, but at least they would disengage shortly (before returning in better shape than you), buying a few seconds for your team.

By the way, ele’s sustain has not been reduced, because… because… erm… Help me there!

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

This basically reverts it back to what it was before June 23 and d/d ele wasn’t even used in most top teams back then lol.

News Flash: every top team had an ele once Celestial Amulet got buffed. Surely u didnt forget about WTS 1 and 2, did you? Those were pre-June aswel.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

a nerf to vigor access (which is already nerfed itself) on a profession with perfect synergy with Sigil of Energy is literally the least you can do to a profession while still calling it a "nerf". vigor in its current incarnation is something you can forego entirely.

removing access to 9 stacks of might will help somewhat and nerfing cantrip synergy was a good way of doing it, however, elementalists will still be capable of maintaining too much might given their sustain.

the Blinding Ashes nerf could be something good, though without any nerfs to Water Magic or Arcana elementalist’s sustain is still going to be in the same place, which is a problem.

we’re getting there though, one or two more noteworthy nerfs to ele’s sustain and we’ll most likely see them drop to balanced tiering for first time over a year.

in PvP

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

lets just wait for tuesday. i just cant believe that after all this fuss about ele (they even acknowleged its way too strong and will seriously work on it), they release the balance patch that lowers vigor uptime from 170% to 120%, keep burns the same (even buff them in many cases), add 3 secs to ashes and shave 2-3 stack of might. that all equals – exactly the same meta^2 ele as before, no difference whatsoever. Theres just no way they do that. They previewed the fire line, the real fixes that address the real problem – sustain, are coming on tuesday.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Are people still under the impression that Diamond Skin is (or ever will be) a thing? For a variety of reasons that should be self-evident, “above 90% health” traits aren’t practical against any reasonably competent player.

It’s only a thing against the condi meta… oh right, there is no condi meta.

Ele are actually more susceptible to go Earth for Stone Heart once HoT meta is changed to
Druid/zerks/zerks/zerks/sustains support

btw diamond skin still needs a rework.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Meh, who cares. In less than a month from now you’re gonna see revenants/heralds, reapers and chronos all over the place drastically changing the meta, Eles are not going to be top dogs anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Meh, who cares. In less than a month from now you’re gonna see revenants/heralds, reapers and chronos all over the place drastically changing the meta, Eles are not going to be top dogs anymore.

D/D Cele Ele will still rotate faster, tank better and will still have a higher damage to sustain ratio. It’s why Cele D/D Ele is the best Conquest class. They’re inadvertently made for the gamemode.

The only thing that would push them out, is the amount of CC effects such as Slows, Cripples, Immobs, Taunts, etc, in HoT.

Considering Ele gains half of their performances via mobility, they will underperform against heavy CC comps. That said, they may still out-perform everyone in mid’s Foefire but lets see what that nerf of theirs do.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld