what if endure pain 8 seconds duration

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endure_Pain

Endure Pain | 60s Recharge time | Type Stance
“Take no damage from attacks. You are still susceptible to conditions and crowd control effects.”
Duration: 4s
Breaks Stun

this is what we have currently.
not really useful as condition still melts us if not paired together with berserker stance.

what if, it last 8 seconds (10 seconds with trait) instead? but,

“Take reduced damage from attacks. Gain toughness and vitality for a short time.”
Damage Reduced: 25%
Duration: 8s
Endure Pain (8s): Gain up to 3,000 toughness based on your level.
Endure Pain (8s): Gain up to 2,000 vitality based on your level.
Breaks Stun

Note: (copied from Plague – https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plague)
While in Endure Pain, the warrior’s base Toughness is quadrupled and base Vitality tripled. At level 80, this adds 3000 toughness and 2000 vitality. Note that the toughness gain is displayed in the Hero panel. As toughness gain is displayed in the Hero panel, there is an extra 300 power from the Armored Attack trait.

with this, the warrior will continue to take damage, no more see those zeros popping up. though with enough focus fire in 5 v 1 i imagine the warrior will still melt very quickly. maybe in 1v1 or 1v2 the warrior can last a bit longer?

discuss!

in PvP

Posted by: Tristan.5280

Tristan.5280

nice idea, I really like your website, btw!

Anyway, Warrior needs a total overhaul and a big reset of it’s profession mechancs, skills and tratis.

Actually, ths profession dosn’t bring anything that another random class can bring better. And of course the Elite spescs needs an overhaul, too.

We have to wait the next balance patch, and hope in a buff/(other professions)nerf at least to make Warrior decent

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

25% dmg reduction to all damage(including condi), 3k toughness and vitality buff for 8 sec even on 60 cd is too long/good considering wars can have it at least twice before going down. So no, ty.

Tbh i think wars and thieves are fine (besides few flaws here and there). Other classes and elites in general need massive toning down.
We don’t need more powercreep if anything patches should contain nothing more but nerfs and bug fixes for next few months to bring this game to any resemblance of playable/enjoyable meta.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Still warrs would have to relay on one ability to make a difference. It would be better if all weapon skills and traits were looked at and tweaked, and with enough change to keep up with sustain/kiting

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Why can’t you just leave warrior alone as a prime example of how the game should work and focus on tearing down the bullkitten that’s going on with the other classes?

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

The fact that endure pain uptime is 1/12 is the worse part. I always wanted to drop the skill, but then there is nothing better than 1/12 damage immunity, which is the sad part. I am all for some rework of this skill.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

All endure pain needs is a shorter cooldown. It’s warriors only viable means of sustain and that’s what we currently lack. 35 seconds cooldown on endure pain. 45 seconds on Berserker stance.

in PvP

Doon.2364

Why can’t you just leave warrior alone as a prime example of how the game should work and focus on tearing down the bullkitten that’s going on with the other classes?

You mean you want all classses’ gap closers to not work properly most of the time and easy to avoid? You mean u want all specialization to be unviable because your class is dependant on 2 main traits lines? You mean you want all classes’ attacks to be slow down to warrior’s speed so everyone can now interrupt or dodge your attacks? You mean you want all classes to have some bad traits that are useless? Cool!

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

You mean you want all classses’ gap closers to not work properly most of the time and easy to avoid? You mean u want all specialization to be unviable because your class is dependant on 2 main traits lines? You mean you want all classes’ attacks to be slow down to warrior’s speed so everyone can now interrupt or dodge your attacks? You mean you want all classes to have some bad traits that are useless? Cool!

I want all classes to have a consistent identity and a clear-cut definition on what the class can and can’t do.
Currently, every class other than thief and warrior has access to pretty much all the boons and conditions in spades They need to shave excess effects off all the abilities across the board to make the classes more streamlined again.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think current Endure Pain is not too bad. The automatic Endure Pain is pretty much an auto-pick and it is quite strong.

I think the big issue with all Warrior stances is that you can pretty much never take the Stance trait because it competes with Cleansing Ire. That’s not necessarily bad, it’s just a meta thing, and honestly if we see a viable bursty warrior pop up it may be worth taking Stances over Cleansing Ire.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

whats wrong with my proposed endure pain?

“Take reduced damage from attacks. Gain toughness and vitality for a short time.”
Breaks Stun

in PvP

Doon.2364

I think current Endure Pain is not too bad. The automatic Endure Pain is pretty much an auto-pick and it is quite strong.

I think the big issue with all Warrior stances is that you can pretty much never take the Stance trait because it competes with Cleansing Ire. That’s not necessarily bad, it’s just a meta thing, and honestly if we see a viable bursty warrior pop up it may be worth taking Stances over Cleansing Ire.

I always find the auto-endure pain to be greatly overrated. It only procs when ur health is below 25% and only if u get hit by an attack. So it means you could die before it procs if the attack is big enough. But in most cases a warrior’s health goes down usually due to conditions because of the condition metas. And endure pain does nothing to save u from condis.

in PvP

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I really think that -10% to -15% on all warrior cooldown (Weapon/traits/skills) could probably be a quick fix for the class.

Heiann – NSP

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Improving warrior’s own active defenses will just worsen the current bunker wars.

In my opinion, one of the best fix would be to tone down active defenses and heals of other professions. There’s too many dodges, distortions, blurs, blocks, invuln… Not to mention damage reduce and heals like 100% uptime party-wide protection/regen, etc…

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: MadVisions.4529

MadVisions.4529

if anet would make a change like this instead of toning down powercreep, it would be the last straw for me and make me quit the game. please stop making horrible feedback like this before someone out there takes it seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Cleansing Ire only works well with Longbow. If you are not using that, I suggest you try the stance trait.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

In my opinion, one of the best fix would be to tone down active defenses and heals of other professions. There’s too many dodges, distortions, blurs, blocks, invuln… Not to mention damage reduce and heals like 100% uptime party-wide protection/regen, etc…

Well, doing that would certainly make Necros happy. Nobody has less active defense than them.

That said, if active defenses are nerfed at all, it should be shaves. Dropping everyone down by, say, 33% on that front would leave Necros practically as gods, which would be equally unhealthy.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

this makes Sense combine that with Resounding Relisiliance and the combination of the two makes for a classed Tank Hammer warroir of which we saw often in gw1 pvp.

i also dislike Damage Immunitie skills as traits so this would be a good change to improve Survival , stun breaks trigger resounding resiliance for 8seconds in addition to the 8seconds from the 25% less damage as the op suggested.

that would make for an awesome Damage tank and take away the cheesiness that is Immunities which are just lame in the current meta (right now immunities to damage make Healing less Valueable/non Viable or non-meta for pvp just using Cele is enough).

if anet want Support Abilities to mean more or are valued more we need less Damage immunities and slightly more Ways (on other classes to avoid Damage immunities)

and would result in more builds becomming meta.

my point of view atm is that Warroir has plenty of Direct damage / unblockables ect but the Tanky side has not improved outside of just taking double endure pains and still using a Damage Amulet, that means Warroirs have very little reason to properly use the tanky traits.

the 25% damage reduction would work wonders with Resounding resilance and shouts to heal up with a Cele amulet you’d have your near perfect warroir bunker.

it keeps the warroirs flavour ( not many weapon evades low vigour ect and protection)
this idea re-enforces the Warroirs classes Values as a Brawler / soldier / fighter.

in terms of Work load nurfing x amount of classes to match the other one or two lower powered/sustained classes is more work for Anet to complete , improving on the warroirs Triats through the use of the ops endure pain Idea just means no matter how much burst the foes put out he can obsorb much more than a Evading/blocking/damage immunitiy bunker for Much much longer than just 2-3seconds on a rotation.

he’d beable to obsorb and Damage/pressure at the same time making Warroirs a force to be dealt with (if they also choose Beserker trait line or some other line for unblockable attacks)

though i’d suggest to op make the endure pain 50seconds down from 60seconds meaning you’d get 8seconds massively improved toughness and damage reduction for 8/50seconds just over 12% upkeep per endure pain and if you’d like throw in dolyak signet too.

so even if you use the Utility skills you’d gain rather than loose out, doing it this way means you’d only ever need to use one stun break at a time or use as many as needed to tank up and Retailiate with brute force.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

25% dmg reduction to all damage(including condi), 3k toughness and vitality buff for 8 sec even on 60 cd is too long/good considering wars can have it at least twice before going down. So no, ty.

Tbh i think wars and thieves are fine (besides few flaws here and there). Other classes and elites in general need massive toning down.
We don’t need more powercreep if anything patches should contain nothing more but nerfs and bug fixes for next few months to bring this game to any resemblance of playable/enjoyable meta.

To reduce every other profession at this stage would prove more difficult. Now that fractals extends to lvl 100 and raids anet has already had to lower enemy toughness in that PvE content for the simple reason it had got to the point that a pure berserker warrior would barely scratch above 5k on the 3 second channeled 100b. When I take this exact build to to Arah the same build pounds out DPS. i only play thief very-very casually, so I leave it to their community to comment, but warrior is in a unhappy place. The profession hasn’t evolved, it still has the same glitches and bugs from launch, it is struggling to remainn viable in all modes of the game. teams no longer look for DPS unless it is a large, stationary multi hit box boss. The current meta is Alacrity-quickness-breakbar-boon share..the old school DPS mule just isn’t needed anymore. This effectively means warrior is under performing in PvE, under performing in PvP.
I appreciate you feel they currently fine and it is everyone else that needs adjusting, but power reduction would benefit PvP, but would also make a lot of higher PvE content really time consuming and annoying. It is better for warrior in PvP and PvE to look to where there traits, skills and damage could go rathr then reduce everyone else.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Breaks Stun

Your idea is fine and the current one is fine. Its just the real problem was people use to have to make a choice when they knew they were gonna fight a warrior.

Before you had to choose a offense/defense/ condi clear utility skill which made for fair 1 vs 1 game play. Now every class but a stun breaker, added stability with added sustain. So many classes got added defensive stats like scrapper and ele with healing on swiftness and 40% protection. The added dmg and stability for reaper and warriors already couldnt beat thieves 1 vs 1 and thieves got added dps and dodge.

What your suggesting is fine if your looking to just re-haul the class but it wont change anything. Landing a skill crack or any of the hammer skills still wont knock anyone down and warriors still wont be able to set up a burst attack on axe or gs.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Breaks Stun

Your idea is fine and the current one is fine. Its just the real problem was people use to have to make a choice when they knew they were gonna fight a warrior.

Before you had to choose a offense/defense/ condi clear utility skill which made for fair 1 vs 1 game play. Now every class but a stun breaker, added stability with added sustain. So many classes got added defensive stats like scrapper and ele with healing on swiftness and 40% protection. The added dmg and stability for reaper and warriors already couldnt beat thieves 1 vs 1 and thieves got added dps and dodge.

What your suggesting is fine if your looking to just re-haul the class but it wont change anything. Landing a skill crack or any of the hammer skills still wont knock anyone down and warriors still wont be able to set up a burst attack on axe or gs.

well, at least it is a start.

endure pain needs a rework to make it viable against direct damage and condition damage.

increase vitality and toughness is a good start.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

We wont get anything anet will fix rifle ……………………………………………………………………

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

“endure pain needs a rework to make it viable against direct damage and condition damage.” Then what would be the point in having Berserker Stance if endure pain was effective against them both?

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

So this + rampage would turn every warrior into a dungeon boss? You had my interest, now you have my attention.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

What if Endure Pain was this

• Take -60% damage from attacks
  • Duration: 10s
  • Cooldown: 35s

And Zerker stance was this

• Gain Resistance: 1s
  • Boon Application Interval: 1s
  • Gain Adrenaline on boon application while active: 2 Adrenaline

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

What if Endure Pain was this

• Take -60% damage from attacks

And Zerker stance was this

• Gain Resistance: 1s
  • Boon Application Interval: 1s
  • Gain Adrenaline on boon application while active: 2 Adrenaline

This is great, but how would EP interact with prot? Would they add onto each other or be multiplicative.

in PvP

Aktium.9506

This is great, but how would EP interact with prot? Would they add onto each other or be multiplicative.

Dunno man, I’m thinking it might be too strong with a Tempest if it’s multiplicative. Though with the new Necro corruption spam it might not be an issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

shorter CD and warrior deals 50% less dmgs under endure pain effect so it will not use to turn warrior to unkillable power creep but as a defensive CD.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Dunno man, I’m thinking it might be too strong with a Tempest if it’s multiplicative. Though with the new Necro corruption spam it might not be an issue.

It’d be too strong with tempest if it was additive. It being multiplicative would mean that a tempest applying prot or a revenant using rite wouldnt give the warrior 100% damage resistance since there would be diminishing returns.

in PvP

Aktium.9506

It’d be too strong with tempest if it was additive. It being multiplicative would mean that a tempest applying prot or a revenant using rite wouldnt give the warrior 100% damage resistance since there would be diminishing returns.

Oh sorry, I’m bad at math. I meant what you said.

I feel that there should be some trade off to keep it in line though. Either what the poster above you said or something similar like maybe turn all your hits into glancing blows for the duration and justify it with the warrior being so focused on enduring pain that you can’t focus properly on hitting stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I would lessen the cd and duration by a lot, so you can survive burst more often but would have to be good on the timing.
I think most skills have way too long cd’s and durations.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE