when will you fix moa?

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

moa has shorter cooldown then elementalist stun break skills (no shout stun break is not viable…) :-D and its currently the most overpowered duelist ingame even without moa. you dont even need utility skills to beat everything 1v1 :-D

(edited by Covis.6037)

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Moa is fine!
Counter with aegis block evade blind los obstructed!
L2p! Gg!

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

all the nerf you got and still metabuild, you know there is a reason for mesmer to get nerfed right?

D/F ele

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I have been saying moa is OP for many months, but people said I am wrong. I still believe I am correct.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

you cant dodge moa when the mesmer uses shield 5 and sword 3 to lock you down

Thats a shame – too bad there wasn’t a skill that breaks stun and unable to dodge sword clone or cleanse….

All hope is lost quick abadon your ship

mes can cast it while sitting in stealth….

moa was somehow okkkkkkkkeish due to long CD, chrono introduction with CD reset brought it to stupidity levels

The strongest elite in the game, utterly broken , on a 50second cd with f5 and alacrity.

It was already broken with the regular cooldown. Just arguing its hard to land when you can just lock people into a cc with sword/shield doesn´t justify a skill that freekills someone even in a 1v1 withing 5 seconds , on a stupidly short cooldown.

No counter, no fun, completely broken.

if you cant dodge sword 3 and shield 5 .you are a noob .

and about no counter part , pathetic liar . blind , evade , block , los and even in moa form you have skill 2 and 5 to escape ,also your traits are still working .

the only classes that can do it is rev and daredevil
every other class has only so many dodges

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

You know it’s a problem when Phantaram says he thinks Moa should be removed from the game even though he plays mesmer. What does it say about the skill when The Lord Helseth said the only thing keeping mesmer in the meta after the chronobunker nerf was moa.

We need proper fixes lol. This is a legit issue, not that stupid “omg reduce chill to 33% effectiveness”

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It would be interesting if they rebuilt moa form to be more balanced. Like perhaps make it so that it’s weak on offense, but VERY strong on defense, regardless of your base build. In that way, it would be very difficult for the opponent to moa>crush you, but it would greatly limit your strategic options, since you wouldn’t be able to deploy any of your more clever tricks.

Then it would still have a value as a way of cutting off a strategic skill combo in mass battles, taking out a team’s support member for a few seconds, for example, without becoming an “I win button” in direct confrontations.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

when even pro mesmer players saying moa is OP, mean they are wrong right? i seen comment from people to l2p or stop QQing or why ele has 13k hp lmao! just shows the ignorance of the moa is ok crowd :S

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’d like it if Moa at least didn’t pop minions. They can fix that, and the skill doesn’t need that to be a strong skill.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Mesmer Moa and engineer moa should both be banned from PvP

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

Lots of bad mesmers itt getting carried by moa.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

Mesmer Moa and engineer moa should both be banned from PvP

Engineer one is fine, it’s short.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

You know, it’s funny. Both the Chrono moa and Engi moa can be cast twice in a row.

Anyways, sure Moa is strong but consider some things first. In a 1v1, you know when it is coming most the time and can at least dodge it. In a group fight, you can escape as moa. If you can’t escape, then that is because you are being focused and you would of died even if you weren’t moa’d. If you happen to play something that wouldn’t die even if focused by enemy team, well then moa was made exactly for your class and you deserved to be moa’d.

P.S. – I do not play Mesmer.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Moa is blockable, dodgeable and has a ridiculously long cast that can be interrupted. This is a learn to play issue.

Kind of like how your inability to get to Ruby is also a learn to play issue.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Tip for new players and mesmer
1v1 you wanna use moa when you push far and kill fast . You use it once
Enemy should kite with a lot of Los places and never be killed . If the mesmer used it twice than for 2 min he won’t have moa
You mainly use moa on team fight to create snowball
In team fight you can easily disengage and if you stun immobelize than team need to support you

So please qq about moa need to learn
So many time I moa ele and he back off the fight as he should be or engI just stealth him out of danger

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

The strongest elite in the game, utterly broken , on a 50second cd with f5 and alacrity.

It was already broken with the regular cooldown. Just arguing its hard to land when you can just lock people into a cc with sword/shield doesn´t justify a skill that freekills someone even in a 1v1 withing 5 seconds , on a stupidly short cooldown.

No counter, no fun, completely broken.

They fix if they like it maybe in next quarter balance, so … complain all you wish no changes will be make until then.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Only reason moa is ‘ok’ is the Moa#5 skill and your 2x dodges can peel you away. Add in Swiftness and you could leave the single target burst area efficiently, assuming you have some form of Stability up or other competent team support.

If a team can syncronize their moa bursts + cc on a single target, another team can synchronize their Stability + Sustains + cc to help you survive the moa burst.

Moa is no doubt powerful but tbh, Portal plays are more op than the Elite. Mesmers are quickly becoming king +1 decappers like thieves were pre-hot.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

You know it’s a problem when Phantaram says he thinks Moa should be removed from the game even though he plays mesmer. What does it say about the skill when The Lord Helseth said the only thing keeping mesmer in the meta after the chronobunker nerf was moa.

We need proper fixes lol. This is a legit issue, not that stupid “omg reduce chill to 33% effectiveness”

Helseth means without moa and portal , a mes is useless in pvp for his team .by useless ,i mean current meta mesmer is for bad teamfight , okish mobilty ,its ok to 1v1 certain classes with much more efforts . But if you wanna be useful for your team rather than wasting your time, you wont try hard to 1v1 on a mes .(Helseth also said this ).

And both Helseth and Phantaram will agree mes will need many serious buff and rework from core class to chrono if moa is removed .But none of those are happening ,so you can see why mes players are defending this for good reasons .Also there are many things on other 4 meta classes : rev , necro , engi, ele are far worse for game health with less counter play and they require less effort to pull off like engi stealth gyro, chill application from reaper ,engi rapid regeneration etc.

Lets be honest here , no matter how powerful you think moa is , you can try mes in mid level to high level pvp and feel the reality yourself .but i think even tho you guys always claim that mes is a easy win , you never played mes at high lvl pvp for once except the chrono bunker op time.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

The funniest thing about certain classes is that you can nerf if but the base concept of some abilities is OP in itself.
This is how I see mesmers who can basicaly play with you as they see fit and disengage safely from combat anytime of the day if things turn grim. Also elementalists that have 4 attunements so they have 20 weapon skills to choose from and this wide variety gives them an advantage from the beginning (it does not work like that I know, but still…) because well… they have 4 different combat capabilities instead of just one or two.
Yeh it sounds dumb but this is my point of view, some classes are just made to be strong despite of nerfs or buffs.

Now another thing, Moa is a great shutdown… somehow it reminds me of guardian’s weak as kitten signet that is signet of courage and its cast time in particular.
How about just give moa signet the same casting time? This should be easier to avoid and CC considering that most of mesmers use their signet on stealth or in a grand cluster-truck of teamfight aoe where it is really hard to spot it or you are just out of dodge and other stuff to counter that signet.

If no, then give signet of courage a fast cast time and let it be used on one ally to fully heal them and break any form of CC (even moa). That could work out nicely if it ever got fixed.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

It’s funny. Moa exists since the beginning of the game. Nobody complained about it for the past 3 years. And now bunch of baddies want a nerf to a class that has only one viable.

This looks and sounds like the complains that pushed thief out of meta so hard that it can’t get back up. The june update last year. Everybody was complaining about stealth and how it has no counter play and boom. ANet answered and made the class freaking obsolete.

Keep up the good work guys. Soon we’ll have 5on5 necro fights or some stupid comp like that.

I mean … learning to play is for losers right?

If you know how to kite, you can kite just as well with the moa. But that requires wits.

While we are at it remove the moa from the engi and turn that elixir x useless so that every engi could run a stealth gyro.

Which btw is infinitely better than thieves shadow refuge.

P.S: @Rodzynald – People are stupid and they don’t look. At least in ruby t4. I can open the fight with a moa and the enemies won’t evne bother to dodge.

This whole thing is a l2p issue. Maybe some of you don’t want mesmers in their comp because outside of moa its kinda useless and/or revenant fairs better in everything else. But you’re going to have to make use of one.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

The funniest thing about certain classes is that you can nerf if but the base concept of some abilities is OP in itself.
This is how I see mesmers who can basicaly play with you as they see fit and disengage safely from combat anytime of the day if things turn grim. Also elementalists that have 4 attunements so they have 20 weapon skills to choose from and this wide variety gives them an advantage from the beginning (it does not work like that I know, but still…) because well… they have 4 different combat capabilities instead of just one or two.
Yeh it sounds dumb but this is my point of view, some classes are just made to be strong despite of nerfs or buffs.

Now another thing, Moa is a great shutdown… somehow it reminds me of guardian’s weak as kitten signet that is signet of courage and its cast time in particular.
How about just give moa signet the same casting time? This should be easier to avoid and CC considering that most of mesmers use their signet on stealth or in a grand cluster-truck of teamfight aoe where it is really hard to spot it or you are just out of dodge and other stuff to counter that signet.

If no, then give signet of courage a fast cast time and let it be used on one ally to fully heal them and break any form of CC (even moa). That could work out nicely if it ever got fixed.

Moa doesnt count as CC since you wont stunbreak it .

“This is how I see mesmers who can basicaly play with you as they see fit and disengage safely from combat anytime of the day if things turn grim.”

I got your point about how the concept of moa is strong enough which i agree .But War , engi ,thief and even power ranger can do it better than mesmers .And current meta mes doesnt have much disengage abilities. the unique things mes have are portal ,moa , shatter , illusion and ofc gutted alacrity ,also maybe high quickness uptime but questionable. the engaging and disengaging abilities are not a mesmer special thing .

But keep in mind as a light armor ,mid hp pool ,burst style class , anet designed mes with better IN COMBAT MOBILITY to begin with . But now it feels mediocre comparing to thief , war , rev and even druid especially after the constantly nerf to mes staff .

All in all I wont mind signet of courage has shorter cast time since its useless now . I think it could be 3s casting time with small aoe aegis ,but also reduce its active radius from 1200 to 600.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

It’s funny. Moa exists since the beginning of the game. Nobody complained about it for the past 3 years. And now bunch of baddies want a nerf to a class that has only one viable.

This looks and sounds like the complains that pushed thief out of meta so hard that it can’t get back up. The june update last year. Everybody was complaining about stealth and how it has no counter play and boom. ANet answered and made the class freaking obsolete.

Keep up the good work guys. Soon we’ll have 5on5 necro fights or some stupid comp like that.

If you know how to kite, you can kite just as well with the moa. But that requires wits.

While we are at it remove the moa from the engi and turn that elixir x useless so that every engi could run a stealth gyro.

P.S: @Rodzynald – People are stupid and they don’t look. At least in ruby t4. I can open the fight with a moa and the enemies won’t evne bother to dodge.

This whole thing is a l2p issue. Maybe some of you don’t want mesmers in their comp because outside of moa its kinda useless and/or revenant fairs better in everything else. But you’re going to have to make use of one.

Actually that is wrong, there have been complains about moa SINCE launch, moa just became stupidly strong due to CD reset and current power creep introduced with HoT.

You know, it’s funny. Both the Chrono moa and Engi moa can be cast twice in a row.

Anyways, sure Moa is strong but consider some things first. In a 1v1, you know when it is coming most the time and can at least dodge it. In a group fight, you can escape as moa. If you can’t escape, then that is because you are being focused and you would of died even if you weren’t moa’d. If you happen to play something that wouldn’t die even if focused by enemy team, well then moa was made exactly for your class and you deserved to be moa’d.

P.S. – I do not play Mesmer.

You can’t escape moa cast by condi mes due to immob. Only classes that can are with passive condi removal and immob removal on dodge.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Vex.9437

Vex.9437

i love how people say that moa is blockable, dodgeable and has a ridiculously long cast and you can t see the mesmer casting that because of the visual spamfest.

Basically this. Even if moa has questionable problems by itself, the thing that really annoys me is that you can succesfully cast it with 0 set up cause of the clusterfights

so fixing the spamfest

by your logic other powerful skills are much harder to see since many have less than 1 s casting time like engi gyro , ranger S&R necro chill lol and passive procs
so why picking up moa srsly ?

necro chill,ranger sr and engi gyro doesn t get you out of game for 20 kittening seconds wake up

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Actually that is wrong, there have been complains about moa SINCE launch, moa just became stupidly strong due to CD reset and current power creep introduced with HoT.

So do you agree that a slight tone down of power/condi output would balance the scales? I see no reason in butchering an ability because everyone else is super jacked up

EDIT: Also it’s tactically better to immobilize AFTER the moa, not before.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Cynz.9437

So do you agree that a slight tone down of power/condi output would balance the scales? I see no reason in butchering an ability because everyone else is super jacked up

i see no reason why anyone should be able to cast such borderline OP spell 2 times in a row

don’t think that condi output from mes initially is a bad thing, condi mes should be doing dmg after all

issue lies within certain traits and additional perks, a lot of them come from chrono ability to reset CDs and just generally nature of condi dmg relying on one one stat while direct dmg relies on 2 (it would require own thread i am afraid)

there is no denial, current shatter mes isn’t doing well, thing is i do believe all elites need massive nerfs, i think mes and quite few other classes (thief, war and co.) would have better standing then

edit: didn’t say you should immob before moa :P

All is Vain~

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

i see no reason why anyone should be able to cast such borderline OP spell 2 times in a row

don’t think that condi output from mes initially is a bad thing, condi mes should be doing dmg after all

issue lies within certain traits and additional perks, a lot of them come from chrono ability to reset CDs and just generally nature of condi dmg relying on one one stat while direct dmg relies on 2 (it would require own thread i am afraid)

there is no denial, current shatter mes isn’t doing well, thing is i do believe all elites need massive nerfs, i think mes and quite few other classes (thief, war and co.) would have better standing then

edit: didn’t say you should immob before moa :P

I can agree with you that condi damage is off the charts. And its actually a viable tactic to “wait until you get even more condis before cleansing” because you are gonna get those condis no matter what.

Condition damage is too tucked on for a game that’s praising itself for having an action combat. There’s nothing action in kiting like a monkey while spamming fields of cancer. There’s only one boon that can help you against condi damage and its corruptable. Weakness doesnt affect condi damage and duration stack times are intense. Adding damage to chill and not the attacks that give chill is silly.

ANet need to take a very very deep look at conditions and their counterplay. Especially since reapers can passively do condi bombs these days.

Not to mention that no amount of armor/toughness is going to save you from condi damage … it just hits you, even when you are blocking. That’s just bullkitten.

Yes im getting angry as I type this kitten. They better make the game fun for season 3 or i’ll jump to some other game permanently.

It’s just terrible design.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

moa was fine on a 180sec cd, now with f5, its not

if your whole class depends on one or two skills to be usefull or not than you are in a sad state, but im pretty sure helseth and any other decent mesmer already stated that

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Moa is fine!
L2p! Gg!

To counter something, you must first be able to see it coming.

Most of the game’s visuals are useless. And there’s nothing like a skill activation bar under the enemy health bar telling you the skills they are using.

You can’t learn to predict the future.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Basically the Moa make you 100% useless and vulnerable for 10 (TEN) seconds. Don’t need to be too smart to see how extremely overpowered it is. A rank 1 can kill the best player in the world with this elite.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Moa is fine!
L2p! Gg!

To counter something, you must first be able to see it coming.

Most of the game’s visuals are useless. And there’s nothing like a skill activation bar under the enemy health bar telling you the skills they are using.

You can’t learn to predict the future.

That’d be pretty silly will 90% of the skills having less than 1 sec activation. Would you really be able to read them within 1/4-3/4 of second when you don’t know whats happening in a 2 sec span?

Kinda ironic too since the mesmer needs to anticipate opponents moves.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: antichecker.1675

antichecker.1675

moa itsself is not the problem, the main issue is the fact that if you get rooted by druid while in moa, you are basically 10 seconds there, not able to do anything at all. Really none of the escape skills from the moa can do kitten against immobillity. And it is even more pathetic that dodge doesn’t work while immobilized in moa form. The hole kitten with dodging is just pathetic talk of mesmer players who still won’t admit that after all the nerfs mes are still the strongest 1v1class. You can dodge moa, but there are situations when you just can’t and it is wrong that you aren’t be able to do anything against the combination with immobility. There should at least be immunity to getting immobilized in moa.

(edited by antichecker.1675)

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

moa has shorter cooldown then elementalist stun break skills (no shout stun break is not viable…) :-D and its currently the most overpowered duelist ingame even without moa. you dont even need utility skills to beat everything 1v1 :-D

:-D

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

To those who tell me i shouldn´t run an ele build with 13k hp, I have to inform you that clerics amulet is the best option for eles. And eles don´t have viable reliable stunbreaks.

To those who question how i can ask for mesmer nerf, I am not asking for a nerf, I am asking for a change/rework.

Can you please inform yourself before posting nonsense please and stop arguing that class x/y are op therefore moa is fine? It´s not related to other classes.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

all these people i’ve never heard of telling blackjack to l2p lmaooooo

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It was already broken with the regular cooldown.

Come on man. It really wasn’t. I like to think that after >3 years we’ve perhaps learnt as a community to deal with a single Moa morph every 180 seconds. It’s only with its interaction with continuum split that it’s become questionably broken.

Gandara

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m just amazed that this is being discussed at all. People can’t dodge/block/LOS a skill that can be interrupted and has a full second cast time?

The way I read this is that people are complaining about a skill that’s been in the mix since launch. It’s been nerfed already. In moa you aren’t helpless.

Yes it’s a counter to super condi bomb necros that can otherwise kill me almost instantly.. or the dh that pulls me to instant trap death. So learn to play, folks.

Mesmer has taken more than enough hits from the nerf bat.

Mesmerising Girl

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

To those who tell me i shouldn´t run an ele build with 13k hp, I have to inform you that clerics amulet is the best option for eles. And eles don´t have viable reliable stunbreaks.

To those who question how i can ask for mesmer nerf, I am not asking for a nerf, I am asking for a change/rework.

Can you please inform yourself before posting nonsense please and stop arguing that class x/y are op therefore moa is fine? It´s not related to other classes.

No, you are literally asking for a nerf, straight up, no need to hide that.

That’s not to say that is it wrong to do so, in fact a cont. split moa nerf would probably be beneficial to mesmer in the long run due to the current problems of balancing a class in relation to such strong team utility.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Must be the same people that cried for thief nerf, the same who cried that Diamond Skin was too op or cele tanks. People will always complain regardless of what it is. Must some form of mental disorder and crave attention.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yes ele with clerics is the best you have but that’s because of ANets shoddy balance with both amulets and ele not a Mesmer issue. If you don’t bring an on demand stun break then that is 100% your fault and your builds weakness. You would laugh at a no condition cleanse build asking for condition nerfs, same thing here.

You (or at least others in the thread) are also wanting to nerf the core skill to account for the elite spec. This is just a silly thought process and what has landed us in this terribly boring situation we are all in where it’s elite spec or nothing.

Finally nerfing powerful stuff on one class is related to other classes, they are all affected by each other. If you reduce the power of one class but don’t reduce others accordingly where they are too strong you just reduce the metas back to a few classes and everyone else ends up completely outclassed. You should know this if you’re bringing up clerics ele as a point.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

Moa needs a nerf. In a 4vs4 or 5vs5 fight it’s very hard to dodge/interrupt in coming moa. And to all the people that say it’s a l2p issue I have one question what do you do when mesmer is stealth and casting it? That’s 10 sec of no way to fight and then 2nd in before first ends now that’s 20 sec out of the fight gg. Most likely everyone saying it’s a l2p issue are all mesmers not wanting the stupid op ability nerfed.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

I’m just amazed that this is being discussed at all. People can’t dodge/block/LOS a skill that can be interrupted and has a full second cast time?

The way I read this is that people are complaining about a skill that’s been in the mix since launch. It’s been nerfed already. In moa you aren’t helpless.

Personally I think it’s probably because it has a relatively minor tell that it’s hard to dodge/block/LOS. That’s not much of an excuse though, since the skill was, or seemed to be balanced before this season.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

If Moa is not CC then how we should define it ? SD (ShutDown)?
Anyway, it is a very strong ability in its sheer concept but this is how mesmers were made, to dominate the field of battle (made to be strong).

About conditions, it really is a superior way to deal damage.
Other than resistance and cleanse, we have no other means of withstanding damage
over time effects.
Necro still remain a condi bomb and they are kings of condis due to boon corrupt which says “kitten you” to all boons (at least alacrity isn’t considered a boon).
Yet I can’t still deal with that, it is kind of medium to fight against though condi based builds have an upper hand in combat.

About mesmers, If I didn’t play enough unranked and ranked matches I would believe you but I don’t see them being that weak.
I’ve played a considerable ammount of solo and premade matches with teammates that knew their drill and played competetively. Im trying to say that they were not newbies and they fought well.
Yet still, shatter and some other build I can’t quite describe, did a great job as disrupting the flow of teamfight on both my and enemy team, considering that I encountered mesmers in both my and enemy team.
Where are those weak mesmers you are talking about?

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Basically the Moa make you 100% useless and vulnerable for 10 (TEN) seconds. Don’t need to be too smart to see how extremely overpowered it is. A rank 1 can kill the best player in the world with this elite.

Not really. The best player in the world would kite away.

Chances are a good player would shred a baddie before they get the chance to cast a moa.

It looks easier than it really is, between obstructions, invulnerabilities, blocks and blinds chances are you’ll fail to moa, many times.

I fail to cast it everyday. Some primo legends see me and manage to dodge it too. I’m like “OH! SNAP!” but yeah, juke that cast, wait 3 seconds, cast again xD The problem is sometimes i blew up my continuum shift in all this. A longer cast time would actually help to land moa to be honest. Your opponents will be wasting precious dodges and i get to juke the ability at the very end and recasting 3 seconds later. Forcing you to dodge like a monkey again and potentially blowing sustain cooldowns. A longer cast time would allow me to cast moa from further away given i can calculate how much time i need to get in moa range and you are fighting on a capture point. Moa is never an OSHI*CR*P button.

However, obstructions are terrible, especially on henge @ foefire. You never know when you’ll get obstructed.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

As long as there’s moa (among other things), GW2 pro leagues will never be taken seriously. Free kills don’t belong in competitive esports. Everybody I know who came from a different game laugh at the fact that there’s such thing as moa in PvP. The game as a whole would be healthier and less of a joke if moa is removed, and mesmer be given a few more useful, game-changing skills to compensate. Skills that have proper counters and don’t render you useless for such a long time.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

As long as there’s moa (among other things), GW2 pro leagues will never be taken seriously. Free kills don’t belong in competitive esports. Everybody I know who came from a different game laugh at the fact that there’s such thing as moa in PvP. The game as a whole would be healthier and less of a joke if moa is removed, and mesmer be given a few more useful, game-changing skills to compensate. Skills that have proper counters and don’t render you useless for such a long time.

I know what you wrote may sounds logical to you, but trust me, it isn’t. Gw2’s esport future is shaky by a whole variety of things, none of them being the moa.

EDIT: Moa can be countered. You can also predict when the mesmer is going to drop the moa or if he is going to. It has this massive signet icon below the healthbar on top. Anyway.

Have you heard of Zeus in Dota? Yeah, that’s the character who’s ulti made a map wide damage. Needless to say with proper voip it killed half the enemy team in a teamfight. You couldn’t run from this skill or block it. Talking about of one trick ponnies

By all means, go checkout LoL and see if they only have autoattack as you assume.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

nah 20 sec of unbreakable daze is fine np

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Tontonino.9736

Tontonino.9736

They should make it last 3.5-5 seconds. 10 seconds is an absurd lock-out time.

P.S.
If PvP/PvE split existed we wouldn’t see this type of issue.

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Why not reduce the range at which you can cast your moa? The closer you need to get to a target, the harder it will become to cast due to the numerous effect fields in the game and the easier players will see a mesmer casting its moa. As a consequence the better a Mesmer needs to be at managing illusions and the less spammy it becomes. But as a side note, I would also like to point out that: if mesmers are so OP as this tread suggests it to be, why not focus it in team fight?

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

They should make it last 3.5-5 seconds. 10 seconds is an absurd lock-out time.

P.S.
If PvP/PvE split existed we wouldn’t see this type of issue.

They can pretty safely just change it across the board. The same problem exists in wvw (in theory at least) and in PvE it’s mostly used as a massive breakbar breaker, so a split doesn’t really do much.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

when will you fix moa?

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I remember getting Moaed once. And killed the mesmer who did it, as a Moa. Gutted for him.

i was doing a 1v2 against a really bad mesmer and a ranger. Ranger lb 4s me and mesmer lands his moa, and i went straight for the mesmer and almost managed to down it, still as a moa! but that pesky ranger was firing at me all the time and he won in the end