Currencies

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuull.3147

Kuull.3147

I’d like to make a suggestion regarding currencies, al though I’m not sure if such topic has been created before, as I’ve searched this forum for such topic.

So, the curencies e.g. the ones you get from Dungeon explore mode and any other type of currencies (except Coin • Gem • Glory • Influence • Karma • Laurel), if those currencies could be put in a tab, rather than in your bags.

Since a lot of items like, harvesting items, gear, “fun” items and any other useful items, fills up your bags at an alarming rate. You might say, make bigger bags… But that wouldn’t be necessary if at least all the dungeon currencies, etc, could be put into a separate tab, which doesn’t share with your bag space.

It might not free a lot of bag space, but it can also view all your currencies in a nice layout to easily spot and calculate how much of this and that currency you need, for a certain item.

Titan Thanatos – FoW WvW’er

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

You’re right that we do have a lot of currencies. We certainly know we could improve the experience here

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fallensbane.8420

Fallensbane.8420

You’re right that we do have a lot of currencies. We certainly know we could improve the experience here

Simply move all currencies (WvW Badges, Dungeon Tokens, Fractal Tokens) to to bottom of your inventory just like money, laurels and karma and stack via account not characters and we are good to go. This should have been in from the start.

80 Ranger • 80 Necromancer • 80 Guardian • 80 Mesmer • 80 Engineer
[SAnD] of Maguuma

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Another possible suggestion, which I would like to see, is to combine all dungeon currencies into one, with the exception of FoTM. Of course, you would most likely have to raise the token amount for armor/weapons etc. from dungeon vendors, but this would allow you to get the dungeon armor you want (TA, Arah, Etc) by being able to play all the dungeons and change things up, instead of farming the same 3 everyday.

The only issues I would see is you would have to raise the difficulty of some dungeons, AKA CoF p1 =).

Either way, I’d be happy.

RIP in peace Robert

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Simply move all currencies (WvW Badges, Dungeon Tokens, Fractal Tokens) to to bottom of your inventory just like money, laurels and karma and stack via account not characters and we are good to go. This should have been in from the start.

This exactly. This. Please. Unless there are plans for said tokens to be traded, sold or otherwise used, there is no reason for them to be in inventory space.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I am glad to hear that there are some tweaks in effect on currencies. I would love to see dungeon tokens go the route of laurels. I truly hope that you do not change it to a universal dungeon token system as that would mean people will simply go the path of least resistance to get the armor they want which simply invalidates what the armor represents.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Just make all currency-like tokens collectibles that can be sent to the bank account, just as you recently did with the Mystic Coins, and I am happy.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Just make all currency-like tokens collectibles that can be sent to the bank account, just as you recently did with the Mystic Coins, and I am happy.

~MRA

I agree with this. The only people that would have more than 250 would be stocking them up intentionally.
As it stands, once you have done a dungeon once you will forever have at least 1 token. No matter how much gear you buy, there will always be a surplus left in your inventory or main bank.

The only thing I would ask beyond making them collectible (making them like laurels would kind of over clutter the info at the bottom of your inventory) is allowing you to buy items with them while they are in your bank.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

I think treating tokens, relics, badges, etc. like a collectible would be a good start. But for many (most) of these currencies people need WAY more than 250 to get anything of note. So I don’t think that would ultimately solve the problem. Treating them like laurels, gems, karma, and gold would be a great improvement. There are way too many currencies to put them all at the bottom of the inventory. Perhaps they could be added to the Hero window somehow?

Reducing the dungeon tokens down to a single currency would kind of defeat the purpose of the unique tokens for each dungeon. I don’t think it would make sense to be able to get armor from the Ruined City of Arah, for example, by doing Ascalonian Catacombs.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

did you know that if you right click on a dungeon token, you get a greyed out “deposit collectible”?

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xsqueezit.1284

Xsqueezit.1284

did you know that if you right click on a dungeon token, you get a greyed out “deposit collectible”?

O yeah, I forgot about last patch which makes the inventory useless…

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

O yeah, I forgot about last patch which makes the inventory useless…

Ya, that’s definitely something to complain about.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I agree that we need to get the other currencies out of the inventory/bank and into a currency panel (or currency list). However, we should not merge the dungeon tokens into one currency because that removes the prestige of “I beat X so I get items from X”. With that change you could beat X and get rewards from Y, even though you never did Y.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Another possible suggestion, which I would like to see, is to combine all dungeon currencies into one, with the exception of FoTM.

Or even some kind of anonymous currency exchange (like the gems>gold, gold >gems) because its really getting out of hand.

12 dungeon tokens
1 wvw badges
1 gold/silver/copper
1 karma
1 laurels
1 glory in spvp
1 influence for guilds
1 skill points for the forge attendant
1 gems for the black lion

That’s 20 different types of currencies and that’s just utterly crazy. Obviously some things you don’t want people to inter-trade on a personal level between each other (like skill points, karma etc), but there must be some kind of way of having some kind of currency market?

Or you end up like me, 120gp, 120 CoF tokens, 2mil karma, 7000+ badges and the only thing I can get with badges is power-vit-toughness gear… which is about as useful as being repeatedly punched in the head, when you’re a condition necromancer.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i support for all dungeon tokens to be stored account wide just like laurels.

i do not support for all dungeon tokens to be changed into one universal dungeon token.

different dungeons for different dungeon tokens must stay.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

Yes, please! WvW badges and dungeon tokens take up way too much space in my bank and I don’t think 1 collectible spot for each is going to cut it, because players usually end up getting a lot more than 250. I don’t even do dungeons very often and I’ve already got more than 250 of 3 types of dungeon tokens. Plus, considering you would need over 5 stacks of a specific type of dungeon token for full armor from that dungeon…it adds up.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Noid.2871

Noid.2871

Monkey Fritz.9052

I agree with this. The only people that would have more than 250 would be stocking them up intentionally.

What? Dungeon armor costs up to 330 Tokens/piece, Dungeon 2h Weapons are 390ea, Gifts are 500ea and the Fractal backpiece is 1350 (and then you need 500 more before you can actually use it, as the exotic version is kitty due to lack of upgrade slot).
So if you never stockpile anything, just save up dungeon tokens until you can afford stuff, you need 25 bank slots worst case at the moment. Tokens being collectibles would drop that to 14. Huge step forward, but far from “only affects stockpilers”.

P.S.:
9*2 bank slots for 8 regular dungeon tokens and WvW badges
6 slots for Fractal Relics,
1 for Pristine Fractal Relics:
25 slots total. 14 if you subtract 1 slot ea (the collectible slot).

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

A see the single-token reward system for dungeons being talked about above. The only way I see that being possible is if the exotic gear from a dungeon’s vendor could only be purchased after completing the entire dungeon. This would give people extra incentive to do all paths in a dungeon at least once and also prevent spamming the easiest dungeon to buy gear from the hardest without doing it.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Make currencies Tab for easier tracking of them and seperate them clearly by pve pvp and wvwvw.

You guys need in-game database. Clicking laurels should give me info i need like where are vendors located how to get them etc.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

What happens with the curencies on your bank?

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

Currencies

in Suggestions

Kuull.3147

Well, that’s what I was trying to suggest, but rather at the bottom of your bag. Put it into another tab. Which can give a larger space for he tokens and other currencies.

Rather being cropped up under your bags. Where the laurels, gold and gems are is fine, because there isn’t much to display, but if all the other currencies were to be added, it’ll just make it a little bit less organized.

Hopefully something could be done about this.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I vote bottom of the bag in the text area. There is absolutely no need for them to be physical items, as they are now.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paraka.9724

Paraka.9724

I vote bottom of the bag in the text area. There is absolutely no need for them to be physical items, as they are now.

May I make a suggestion to further improve this idea (sorry for the delayed bumping)?

Instead of just placing them into the Collections System, which makes you do a few extra things like retrieving the currencies and depositing and vise versa to transfer them. Trion Worlds did something far more useful to their currencies within their game Rift. Instead of having a boatload of tokens (Like GW2 is rocking now), Rift got a rework and placed them all into their own tab under the character’s profile. I would suggest this method under the Hero tab in GW2, as it would be greatly beneficial to the player. Perhaps blend it with giving the player an option to choose what currencies he/she would see at the bottom of their Inventory tab.

http://rift.junkiesnation.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2011/02/CurrFinal.jpg

Just a hint at what they did.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

I have way too many different kinds of currency, and there’s no way to really show it all, or store it all, or have it look good ever.

What I would suggest is to simply remove most of them.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Currencies

in Suggestions

Kuull.3147

I have way too many different kinds of currency, and there’s no way to really show it all, or store it all, or have it look good ever.

That’s exactly why I made this post. To suggest that there’s to many currencies and it should be put somewhere, and not into your bags.

It would be rather pointless to remove most of it. Because like one person above said – you’ll then just farm the easiest dungeon and/or path and get all your gear that way. It’s much better how it is now, just that the currencies should be moved to a tab for easy access to it and out of your bags.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

That’s exactly why I made this post. To suggest that there’s to many currencies and it should be put somewhere, and not into your bags.

It would be rather pointless to remove most of it. Because like one person above said – you’ll then just farm the easiest dungeon and/or path and get all your gear that way. It’s much better how it is now, just that the currencies should be moved to a tab for easy access to it and out of your bags.

Yeah make a tab called “Currencies” or something in the Hero panel that list all of them where you can see them and have any new one go there directly and make use of the deposit option on the old ones to get them in there

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

that would be actually nice. Or make them collectables. You could deposit them in a second same should go for laurels no one has that many anyway like karma. karma and gold should be only non deposable currencies.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astramenius.1803

Astramenius.1803

shameless bump with a little summary and some personal remarks:

• Introduce a Wallet like system
    Store every single currency in a Wallet like tab or an extra window.
    Currently there’s a lot of currencies in game that may easily extend the vault cap of 250 (WvW/dungeon tokens, commendations …). There’s enough items to buy that are more expensive than a stack of 250 (WvW/Fractal/Dungeon gear). Have the currency have a high cap, so i don’t have to use an extra vault slot every 4th time you’ll run guild members run through explorable dungeons.
  • Distinction between Soulbound/Account Bound, Micromanagement
    Keep all the currencies like they are, separate the Wallet in two categories, Soulbound and Account Bound.
    Should there be need, further categories may be added. Micromanagement is reasonable. If it’s a Wallet tab in the Heroes panel, check boxes to highlight currency as it is shown now with Gold/Karma/Laurels/Gems, as suggested by Paraka, seems to be a nice feature.
    Making some of them removable on demand would sort out one smaller problem i see regarding this topic: Badges of Honor needed for crafting Legendary Weapons.
  • Future possibilities and tweaking
    Further addition of currency, no problem (imo it’s enough currencies now tho). Generalizing from Soulbound to Account bound, no problem. I personally like the point about Karma being account shared (Liquid Karma items are “shared” Karma already, could be done all the way). Same could go even for gold (which i dislike however). Account bound consumables (like XP boosts) could be in the wallet and so on. Although i can see why this might not be wanted.
    In short, it has space for further improvement suggested by various posters here. ArenaNet done changes on Soulbound versus Account Bound retroactively already and added new currency, so there shouldn’t be technical issues, going inline with the game design.

I’m also against reducing dungeon tokens to one type. It won’t solve the current problem of currency eating up too much space. Alternate currency is good, as it adds to diversity. And diversity is what games like GW2 are about.

For GW2 being a MMO, with lots of alternate currencies flying around, the introduction of a wallet in my opinion is a logical step . Like Rift mentioned above, LotRO is another game that introduced a Barter Wallet system not too long ago and it works very well.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Bron.9647

As far as Badges of Honor being required for crafting legendaries, maybe a new item could be added that you can buy with so many Badges of Honor and so many of that item would be required to craft a legendary (maybe this new item could even be used to make other things, as well). This way Badges of Honor would not be directly needed for the mystic forge.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tron.2189

Tron.2189

Gold, karma, glory, influence, fractal relics, merits, commendations, skill points, laurels … what the hell?

Is really the only way for this game to function, to add a currency each time new content is introduced?

Why not just use influence and previous guilds unlocks, instead of merits, to unlock guild upgrades, and give influence as a reward for completing guild missions?

Why not use laurels, instead of guild commendations, for personal guild missions rewards?

This is getting rather confusing if you ask me. I play the game since release and I’m having trouble keeping up with all this. I can only guess how new players will feel.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

I think the best sollution – one that keeps the same currency functionality, while removing the bag clutter – is to make Currencies no longer occupy Inventory Space BUT remain Account Wide.

Right now, you can farm AC with character A to get your character B some level 80 gear and nice skins.

This change would keep that functionality.

Please don’t change all dungeon currencies into 1 type.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

My wholle bank tab is full with currencies. And the most anoying part is that dungeon currencies take so much space in your inventory.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: kitsuneKyo.6824

kitsuneKyo.6824

I’m really glad that Arenanet already sees that there is something utterly wrong with the token/currency system and I guess they are already on it.

I also support having an own tab (wallet) with currencies since you always need to stack dungeon tokens if you want to get Armor. (300 tokens for one piece)

Suggestion:
Leave the Dungeon Tokens as they are. (Item ID, Icon Style, Droprate, Max Stack Amount, Accountwide)
But make them useable, just like Karma Potions and handle Dungeon Currencies like Karma.
That way you would fill up your inventory/bank with them if you want to save them for future alts.
But if you farm for that very character you could just spend them to increase the Token amount on that char without having the possibility to get them back.

your thoughts?

Currencies

in Suggestions

Bron.9647

Suggestion:
Leave the Dungeon Tokens as they are. (Item ID, Icon Style, Droprate, Max Stack Amount, Accountwide)
But make them useable, just like Karma Potions and handle Dungeon Currencies like Karma.
That way you would fill up your inventory/bank with them if you want to save them for future alts.
But if you farm for that very character you could just spend them to increase the Token amount on that char without having the possibility to get them back.

your thoughts?

Please no, don’t do that! Dungeon tokens should stay account-wide, not become like karma potions to be used on specific characters. Dungeon tokens can’t be used on anywhere near as many things as karma, so there’s not much point to have extra tokens left over on a specific character.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

The OPs concept would be awesome… especially since Lotro is now borrowing ideas like open tapping from this game.P

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

really good idea +1

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

enough of all these currencies: just have one, so whatever you do you will be able to get everything in the game.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

^^This is really all that needs to be said.

Currencies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

The 12 dungeon tokens should be replaced with “regional dungeon tokens”. And dungeons should also use the SAB model.

New dungeon tokens
*Kryta Dungeon Token
*Tarnished Coast Dungeon Token
*Shiverpeak Mountains Dungeon Token
*Ascalon Dungeon Token
*Ruins of Orr Dungeon Token
*Fractal Dungeon Token or Mists Dungeon Token

Why do this.
*EX. all “Kryta Dungeon Token” can redeem rewards from any dungeon in Kryta.
*Alleviates the grind of farming the same dungeon repeatedly.
*Players can play the dungeons they want to earn any dungeon reward in the area.
*Players will play different dungeons more often.
*Reduces the number of dungeon currencies.
*region tokens are interchangeable, meaning extra tokens can still be used.
*Hate a dungeon, play another in the area

One exception: players have to complete a dungeon once to buy it’s rewards in regional dungeon tokens.