Partial completed dailies

in Suggestions

Posted by: Towndrunk.9562

Towndrunk.9562

Could it be possible not to reset partial completed dailies. I know, I’m not an uber gamer but they can take me a while. Sometimes I cannot complete them in a day. Would it be so bad if it took me five days to complete one? It really would be nice if they would only reset when completed.
Also I would like to point out that then they would just complete naturally without actively having to go out of my way to do them.

Thanks in advance for the upcoming change!

in Suggestions

Posted by: allstick.1405

allstick.1405

I love this idea for casual to really casual players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

it is a DAILY, you have a DAY to finish it. The daily is not meant to be ‘get a reward over an unspecified time for doing nothing’

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Out of curiosity…how long do you play for during a typical day?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Today I could have gone on when I came home from work, but I work again in the early morning. So no daily for me today. XD

in Suggestions

Towndrunk.9562

Out of curiosity…how long do you play for during a typical day?

I only have about 30 min in the morning to play before work. On the weekends I’m able to complete the dailies but it still can take me 2-3 hours to complete “playing my way”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

Can I ask you why you are trying to complete a daily? For Laurels? If so, what are you planning to buy for Laurels?

in Suggestions

Towndrunk.9562

Can I ask you why you are trying to complete a daily? For Laurels? If so, what are you planning to buy for Laurels?

I would like to get the same thing out of this game like you….It’s just going to take me a lot longer to do. It’s a win/win for all of us…don’t you think?
You get your laurel every day. I get mine every four to five days.
Everyone gets to experience the content just at a different pace.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RiKShaw.8795

RiKShaw.8795

Finally, a suggestion to change dailies that doesn’t involve childish whinging at a decent system.

Anyway I agree with your title not exactly your post. Perhaps if you could recieve daily points for completeing them. If you do 50% of 4 day’s of dailies then you could get 1 laurel. For players with time, thats wasting 3 laurels but for someone like you that could mean that you could play your own way, get rewarded for the time you spent without completely deconstructing the amount of playtime it takes to get 35 laurels.

in Suggestions

Towndrunk.9562

Any system that rewards for partial completion would be nice. I don’t mind earning things slower than others. I just want to be able to earn them playing the way I can. i.e. time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

This is a good idea, if dailies reset at a minimum of every 24 hours if they are completed, but if not completed they don’t reset for a few days.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaptainBennett.8157

CaptainBennett.8157

You should get out of the game what you put into it.

Anet should not be held responsible to cater to your time restrictions. If you want to be on the bleeding edge of content and desire all the rewards achievements entail, you should earn them like the rest of us. Challenge makes the game fun, and the already simple learning curve should remain the way it is. If it’s not broken, don’t fix it, and try to accommodate the rest of us instead of manipulating the game to fit your own specific play styles.

(edited by CaptainBennett.8157)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

This is not the way how dailies should functionate.. Dailies are what they are – tasks for the current day and a day just only has 24hours, so if you don’t complete all daily tasks withing 24hours, then the dailies HAVE TO reset, and that instantly. Thats the correct way of how dailies should work.

But what could be improved and what the real intention of this thread is, the real idea behind this thread is an idea ive already posted also in the german part of the forums is, that if you maybe do only like 75% of the daily tasks and the timer is over, that the player should have not wasted all his efforts for reaching those 75% with getting absolutely no reward.

If you reach in 24hours 75%, then the player should be at leaset rewarded with 75% of the dailies reward… so 3 out of 4 things your get normally.

The current system of dailies has 20% milestones, as you have to do all 5 tasks to get to 100%, each counting as 20%.
Basically this goes against what Anet has announced us how the new dailies should work with like choose 4 out of 6 tasks and ur done…, but mindless of that point, it helps in changing the reward system for dailies, when you can break down the maximum reward into 5 different outcomes in regard of how much % you got at the end.

100% = Full Rewards = 1 Mystic Coin, 1 Karma Bottle, 1 Laurel, Money and Exp
80% = 1 Mystic Coin, 1 Karma Bottle, Money , Exp
60% = 1 Mystic Coin, 1 Karma Bottle, Exp
40% = 1 Karma Bottle, Exp
20% = 1 Karma Bottle

That way it would be a win win for all, everyone would be rewarded exactly for that, what they have reached and if you maybe get at 1 day not 100%, then it doesn’t feel like a total waste of time, if you maybe got only like 60% and still get a reward for it, naturally not as much, as if you would have reached 100% that is naturally clear I think …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Towndrunk.9562

You should get out of the game what you put into it.

Anet should not be held responsible to cater to your time restrictions. If you want to be on the bleeding edge of content and desire all the rewards achievements entail, you should earn them like the rest of us. Challenge makes the game fun, and the already simple learning curve should remain the way it is. If it’s not broken, don’t fix it, and try to accommodate the rest of us instead of manipulating the game to fit your own specific play styles.

I bought the same game you did so why should I not be able to complete things? I want to be able to complete tasks just like you. But, it will take me a lot longer to do.
If I can only earn two laurels a week vs your seven how does this hurt you game play? Really, tell me. I want to know!
We are both getting the same content just at different rates.
I can’t understand why anyone would be against this.
I know how to do this. Change the name from “dailies” to “something everyone can do with a minimum of 24 hours”. There you go. All better now.
The faster you do it the faster you can obtain the rewards. The slower I do it the slower I obtain rewards.

Easy as goblin pie.

So is there understanding yet?

in Suggestions

Catisa.6507

This is not the way how dailies should functionate.. Dailies are what they are – tasks for the current day and a day just only has 24hours, so if you don’t complete all daily tasks withing 24hours, then the dailies HAVE TO reset, and that instantly. Thats the correct way of how dailies should work.

But what could be improved and what the real intention of this thread is, the real idea behind this thread is an idea ive already posted also in the german part of the forums is, that if you maybe do only like 75% of the daily tasks and the timer is over, that the player should have not wasted all his efforts for reaching those 75% with getting absolutely no reward.

If you reach in 24hours 75%, then the player should be at leaset rewarded with 75% of the dailies reward… so 3 out of 4 things your get normally.

The current system of dailies has 20% milestones, as you have to do all 5 tasks to get to 100%, each counting as 20%.
Basically this goes against what Anet has announced us how the new dailies should work with like choose 4 out of 6 tasks and ur done…, but mindless of that point, it helps in changing the reward system for dailies, when you can break down the maximum reward into 5 different outcomes in regard of how much % you got at the end.

100% = Full Rewards = 1 Mystic Coin, 1 Karma Bottle, 1 Laurel, Money and Exp
80% = 1 Mystic Coin, 1 Karma Bottle, Money , Exp
60% = 1 Mystic Coin, 1 Karma Bottle, Exp
40% = 1 Karma Bottle, Exp
20% = 1 Karma Bottle

That way it would be a win win for all, everyone would be rewarded exactly for that, what they have reached and if you maybe get at 1 day not 100%, then it doesn’t feel like a total waste of time, if you maybe got only like 60% and still get a reward for it, naturally not as much, as if you would have reached 100% that is naturally clear I think …

This is ridiculous. If I hired someone to mow my front, back and side yards and said I would pay them $30 to do so and I need it done by the end of the day and they came back to me at the end of the day and said, I only mowed the back and side yards but didn’t mow the front, so you owe me $20, I’d tell them to kitten off, the contract was for the whole job, you failed you get nothing.
Another example:
I get in a car accident and take it to be fixed, I am quoted $4,000 for the job, I come back when its supposed to be finished and the guy tells me we only fixed the left side but the right side is still all smashed up. A half done job does not get half the fee, a half done job gets sued for breach of contract.
Think of your daily as a contract, you have 24 hours to do 5 things, don’t do them, you don’t get paid (rewards). The end. period. finished.

AR

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

LOL, always these silly real life comparisons that actually always do fail….hard

This is a GAME and a game is supposed to be FUN.
Getting no reward for your efforts at trying something is by far not as much fun, as when you’d get at least some smaller reward for that, what you’ve successfully done.

We don’t play here a real life simulation, where you always have to bring perfect results for somebody else to get paid.
And really, please don’t tell me it wouldn’t make you happy at least a bit, if you would get from your efforts a smaller part as reward, when you wouldn’t be able out of missing time to do a daily for 100%….

It’’s especially frustrating, if you miss the daily reward just within a few minutes, where you start thinking:

- Wouldn’t I just have gone 1x to the toilet …
- Wouldn’t I have made myself something to eat
ect.

Its just no fun, if you miss basically everything from the rewards and you realize, all you did within that day was just wasted time.
NOBODY likes this fealing to waste time, it makes no fun and it’s a big reason, why people stop playing game,s when the overall feeling of wasting time becomes bigger and appears more andm ore opften in a game, that is supposed to make fun.

Rewarding players more clever would be a great plus for the game to provide all of its players alot more fun, if the rewardign wouldn’t feel so punishing…

My list was just an example to show, how it could work.. if my list was just not hard enough, it could be naturally increased to this:

100% = Full rewards
80% = Mystic Coint, Karma Bottle, Money, Exp
60% = Karma Bottle, Lesser Money, Lesser Exp
40% = Karma, Some Exp
20% = Few Exp

That would be naturally a stronger decreasing of the rewards from 100% town to 20% than what I’ve listed before.
Howev,er it would be up to Anet to decide, how fast the rewards should decrease, if they ever do something like this, what I hope os, as it would increase the fun factor of the whole game and thats the absolute only thing, that counts for a GAME..not for real life simulations!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Don’t we already have Monthlies for this? I don’t like the idea. Mostly because I believe not every piece of the game has to be fitting for every single player. If you don’t have enough time to finish the Dailies the way you do it, either speed things up or accept that Dailies just aren’t your thing (because all Dailies can be achieved way faster than in 2-3 hours).

It’s like saying: “I don’t have time to complete all dungeons everyday, so could I continue them from the point where I left it on a later time?”

Game elements have to demand something of players for them to mean something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

Dont change the dailies, they dont take much time once you know where to go.

If it takes more than an hour to do your dailies then you are doing something wrong. Usally the hardest part of the daily is trying to find the events you need. But even that is not hard, one quick run in Queensdale and I can have all the events done in 20 min, or if I am lucky and the Claw of jormag is just starting its pre-event I can get all the events on the Claw of Jormag. The Daily Vet kill isnt hard to get once you find a good spot (Greatheart Weald, Queensdale). I normally start in the village of shaemore, and head west to the Orchard, then south though the bandit caves, then south west, pick up the event to save the farm (it spawns a lot), pick up the champ troll, collect grubs, kill the vet fish in the lake, Save the honey from the bears, then into claypool to sell vender trash. By this time I normally have most of the daily done. All this normally takes me about 20 – 30 min and I play a squishy elemental.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eldin.3429

Eldin.3429

This is ridiculous. If I hired someone to mow my front, back and side yards and said I would pay them $30 to do so and I need it done by the end of the day and they came back to me at the end of the day and said, I only mowed the back and side yards but didn’t mow the front, so you owe me $20, I’d tell them to kitten off, the contract was for the whole job, you failed you get nothing.
Another example:
I get in a car accident and take it to be fixed, I am quoted $4,000 for the job, I come back when its supposed to be finished and the guy tells me we only fixed the left side but the right side is still all smashed up. A half done job does not get half the fee, a half done job gets sued for breach of contract.
Think of your daily as a contract, you have 24 hours to do 5 things, don’t do them, you don’t get paid (rewards). The end. period. finished.

Comparing reality, where actions have dire consequences, to a video game, where cats have 4 ears and tiny grey people with large heads shoot fireballs underwater, a compelling arguement does not make.

Just saying.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Its called a Daily for a reason . If you want to add a WEEKLY thats another story all together and is something i would be for but to make a daily non daily is ridiculousness

in Suggestions

Catisa.6507

Getting no reward for your efforts at trying something is by far not as much fun, as when you’d get at least some smaller reward for that, what you’ve successfully done.

Getting a reward for basically logging in … WOW HOW FUN! what an achievement that is.
Let’s make it even easier why don’t we, create a new toon and you’re bags will automagically be full of every piece of gear you might ever need, that way its all FUN HAPPY TIMES right?
Oh right, now its boring a kitten because there is nothing to EARN, everyone has it.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kasaeva.4691

Kasaeva.4691

Why shouldn’t he get the rewards for the work he put in? He’s not saying, “It’s too hard—make it easier.” He’s not saying, “It’s too much—cut it back.” He’s saying he wants the same difficulty over more time. It hurts no one for him to earn the same as the rest of us at a slower pace. Yes, they are dailies but what is it to you if you earn 7 a week and he earns 2 a week? It’s the same amount of time and effort at a slower pace. Just like if I go and only kill 2 fireflies a day, I will eventually get to level 80. It will take me an extremely long time, but eventually I will get there.

Anet orginally said their goal was to make a game in which every playstyle would work. You could play the way you wanted to. He only has 30min a day to play. Why should he be punished for that? This is a game not a job. It’s meant to be fun. It should not be that you have to put “x” amount of time a day to get anywhere.

No, dailies are not required but neither is playing the game. Right now, dailies and monthlies are the only way to get certain end-game items. Thus, if you want to progress you need to do dailies. It’s not about how much work it is, it’s about making it accessible to everyone regardless of real-life time constraints.

Before anyone mentions it, no, I am not advocating that everything should be made available. Obviously dungeons require a certain amount of time investment that cannot be stretched out. Also, some of the story quests require longer amounts of time. Some things simply require larger time investments. However, dailies are already earned over a period of time. I am not required to go out and farm the daily only for 1 hour straight through. I can go out and kill a couple things, log off for an hour or even ten hours and come back to kill a few more things and they all count towards the daily. The only restriction is that I have to complete it within 24hours. I, however, don’t see what it would hurt to extend that time. If it takes him 4 days to complete it, he gets the rewards for 1 daily completion and has to wait until the next day to start the new one.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/february-2013/

The selective daily is coming end of the month, so doing the daily doesn’t require all the 5 tasks you have to do now, only 4 of 5. I’d be surprised if completing the daily will take players more than 30-45 minutes after that judging by the current selection of tasks.

Gatherer – 5 mins – running around some low-level zone
Dodger – 5 mins – if you have trouble, find a grub or some other mob where you can easily see it’s preparation for attack, then dodge as you see the projectile hurtling towards you.
Crafter – 1 min – refine 10 basic materials or something useful to your profession
Underwater / veteran slayer – 5-15 mins (just cos you need to find locations with mobs)
Events – 10-15 mins (again cos of locations, but i.e. do the Maw chain in Wayfarer Foothills or similar elsewhere and you’ll have done 3-4 in 5 mins… only one example here, there’s loads of places with chains happening in quick succession)
Healer – 5 mins – anywhere with dead NPCs or event chains with lots of people around; someone always goes down, just be ready to revive

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

Couldn’t have said it any better, than Kasaeva

in Suggestions

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

i don’t understand why they reset either. you can only complete one a day. if you hit 40% 1 day and run out of time why not finish it the next day?

it gives no advantage and helps a lot of people.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

As I previously suggested, Daily Achievements need to be reduced to simple rewards that can be accomplished in under an hour of play time.

New, Weekly Achievements need to be implemented that require the same or slightly higher play time as the current Daily.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Weekly-Achievements-1

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

No. Stop being entitled. No dailies no laurels. What so hard about that? Grind more or cry more.

Actually, I don’t like dailies system right now, dailies need to be changed to weeklies. So it helps casuals and other players.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

People, which don’t get dailies, surely won’t successfully do weeklies either, because weeklies would naturally mean, that everything that you do now for the daily would have to be increased by the factor of 7 to stay in the same effort/reward relation as we have it now..so without making it anyhow easier or harder to do them for anyone.

Would mean.. instead of killing for example 50 enemies within a day, we would have to kill then 350 enemies over 7 days.
Instead of crafting 10 items, it would be 70.
Instead of reviving 10 npcs/players, it would be 70
Instead of running 1 time to the laurel npc, we would have to do it 7x

Do you really want that, just only to get at one moment 7x the rewards, instead of 7 moments 1x the reward?

Weeklies make in my opinion no sense.. changing the system to weeklies would be a waste of time as it would change nothing, other than giving maybe casuals at certain days a bit more time to relax…
But this is pointless, when most of the daily tasks are so easy, that even casuals can do it within 30-45 minutes and thats really the absolute minimum time effort, even a casual gamer should bring up to be rewarded with something in my opinion.

Being a casual gamer should not mean, that you should get put basically everything for nearly free into the ar** without doing something for it.
Thats why I think it would be just better to change the system to partial rewards, because then would everybody exactly be rewarded for that, what they actually have done successful and not only be rewarded, if you’ve done everything.

Thats also not the way, how the actual daily system should work, like Anet has announced it.
In the upcoming February Update will come now exactly that feature about dailies, what has been announced, what will help casual gamers alot more, than turning dailies into senseless weeklies.

From 26th february on will we be able to choose out of x different daily tasks 4 or 5 things which we want to do. We won’t be forced then anymore to do just everything, without having a choice what we want to do at all…
From that day on we will be able to make choices and thats good and thats the way how dailies should have worked better from begin on!

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Another example:

Actually you’d probably owe them the value of the work they did and they might owe you the value of the loss you suffered from their failure to fulfill their obligations under the contract.
Obviously you could contract to say that they will only be paid if they finish 100% of the job within 24 hours but I feel that the case might still be resolved as per above. (ie they were only in breach of a single term of the contract when they decided to stop however they work the did do was completed within the terms specified by the contract)

And if the daily is a contract then it is a contract solely because of reliance as it lacks consideration (that’s actually a lie, Anet benefits from having you logged in because that’s more chance for them to sell you stuff which only makes it worse for them). And because it is based on reliance and not on consideration then the basis for restitution are the damages suffered by the player as the game would not have been made any worse or better off regardless of fulfillment. And since the player has no bargaining power then the game would not be able to win by saying that this was a contract where the player only agreed to be paid if they completed it within a day since:
1) This was never a part of the contract which only lists the tasks that need to be completed by one party and contains the word “Daily.” Since there is no actual definition of what daily would mean in this circumstance then you’d have to look at what daily means within the parlance of the industry and of course what daily actually means isn’t resets every day but rather can only be completed once every 24 hours so a failure to complete a dialy quest within a day does not thereby cause a party to be in default.
2) The player wasn’t able to negotiate. The contract was presented on a take it or leave it basis and there was only one entity that the player could contract with. The only defense is that there was no duress and the player could have chosen to do something else during this time like play another game or do something else within the game with the counterargument that the only way to get laurels is via this daily task.

Calling this a contract would really be the worst possible option for your position.

And your position certainly isn’t one that is taking a moral or humane stand. Rather you are taking a hardline approach that treats everyone as if they had the same amount of free time as you do which makes me think that you have no professional or familial obligations because otherwise I’d expect you to have more empathy. And if you are a type of person who has not yet reached the point where you have the same types of obligations that we do and therefore cannot be considered our peer or able to represent us then you cannot dictate whether or not we should or should not be able to complete a dialy task within a single day or a period of days because this issue is completely irrelevant to you and you have no stake or interest in the decision.

And considering that I just wasted my lunch writing this post I probably won’t have enough time later to finish my daily once again. T_T

(edited by Ellisande.5218)

in Suggestions

Posted by: RiKShaw.8795

RiKShaw.8795

Ok look everyone if you want to argue about dailies not needing changes then I have my own thread. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/A-nice-message-to-those-opposed-to-dailies/page/2#post1391280

This thread is about rewarding partial completion with partial rewards.

@Orpheal: You suggested that 75% of the dailies should reward 75% of the rewards. While this is impossible its also inadvisable as getting the final 1% is just as rewarding as the first 1%.

@Kasaeva: You mentioned that dailies being a strict deadline as a punishment. While I agree with the rest of your post. Being unable to complete dailies is not a punishment. The ability to get dailies upon reaching these goals is a reward.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onichi.4073

Onichi.4073

To be honest the ideas of a ‘daily’ is pretty out-dated and a bit too grindy for me. I would love to get mystic coins, but given that I work 80-hours+ a week as a research assistant make it near impossible for me to do anything outside of ~30 minutes/hour a day while taking a dinner break.

Sure sometimes I get to play more during the weekend, but those days are very few.

I don’t know why some people are bringing in a real life comparison. Maybe to some people games are their lives (re-evaluate your life position maybe?) but I play games as a break. I am slowly… very slowly.. working towards some rarer items in the game, but im not 16 years old anymore, so I can’t play for extended periods of time.

Anyways, would love for there to be an achievement-based reward system that doesn’t advocate daily play requirements

in Suggestions

Kasaeva.4691

@Kasaeva: You mentioned that dailies being a strict deadline as a punishment. While I agree with the rest of your post. Being unable to complete dailies is not a punishment. The ability to get dailies upon reaching these goals is a reward.

It is a punishment in that he has a goal and with the current system he cannot achieve that goal because he does not have the time every day to invest in completing the daily. Therefore, because he cannot invest the daily time, he is punished in his ability to progress. I realize that they have said that dailies and monthlies will not always be the only way to gain laurels but at the moment they are. If he is willing to put in the time and effort to complete the dailies, why shouldn’t he be allowed to on his own time table?

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malvado.1460

Malvado.1460

Indeed I can NOT understand why ppl say no to this, seems like a few of the posters around here want to be rewarded for being “no lifers” (iam sorry but thats what i honestly think of you)
We all know what DAILY stand for.
What we ask is some comprehension for the ppl that actually work/studies or have kids to attend to in real life. This would not post any kind of threat to the “Hardcore” players, and help much the casual ones. Any way some more faces showed up to support this topic I thank you. Btw i have one thread about this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Laurels-and-dailies/first#post1370611

in Suggestions

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

Uh, yeah. As a person who generally completes their dailies without issue, I see no reason to put this idea down, and am honestly confused at the vitriolic opposition to it. I actually assumed that was how dailies worked already, because it made sense (when the goals didn’t rotate, anyway.)
If someone can only ever devote a half-hour to the game on a daily basis, it seems better to let them plug away at a goal over time. So it takes them 5 days to get it done… they’ve missed out on 4 days of rewards, and need to wait for the next day like anyone else to start a new round. That seems fair. Not to mention the people whose only free time is directly placed around the time of reset. This would allow them a chance to get a daily done without cursing at the screen after only needing to do one more event.

This isn’t about making things easier at all. I don’t know if previous posters were being sarcastic with the whole ‘bleeding edge kitten you I got mine’ deal, but… I hope they were sarcastic, because nothing else makes any sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terrin.2685

Terrin.2685

I see no reason why dailies should be restricted to one day. The arguements I’ve seen against are weak at best. You seem to basing the entire argument on just the name. Some have even come up with convoluted and complicated ways to tally partically finished dailies.

Why make it so hard? It hurts nothing if some people complete them at a slower pace. Stop relying so much on the name at look at them for what they offer. These “dailies” are other tasks the developers have provided for their customers to do. I don’t see how they are any different from any other quest that could take a hour or a week to finish.

I’m all for Towndrunk.9562’s idea. Allow the “dailies” to be finished over an indefinite period of time. While your at it it might be wise to change their name to something that doesn’t suggest a time limit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

No. Entirely. If you cannot complete a daily, do not expect the daily reward. The end. End game gear in this game is already do easy to get. Don’t even try to make it stupid.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evolving Minotaur.5871

Evolving Minotaur.5871

I have to agree with the “NO’s” on this one. It only takes me 45 minutes max to do this farming the Kessex west centaur circle. No great difficulty getting there, always lots of people to help. daily tasks are fine the way they are. Maybe a few more different tasks thrown into the pool they are drawn from.

in Suggestions

Orpheal.8263

@ RiK:

That was my saying, before I saw, what Anet has changed to the actual daily system.
I’ve already corrected my suggestion about partial rewards into a 5 step rewarding, because at the momemt, we have to make 5 tasks for the daily resulting in each single task to be done in a 20% increase towards 100%

There will be no more any ’s like 33, 66, 75, or other numbers like 13, 27, 42 and so on..just only these 5 are possible > 20, 40, 60, 80 > 100.
With this being said its very easy to improve the reward system by making 5 different rewards for all those 5 steps, so that nobody will feel like wasting time, if they had not enough time to make the daily to 100
, but maybe only to 60% for example.

Then that player would receive a reward based on 60% instead of the reward thats based on 100%

Shouldn’t be so hard to understand, nor to implement at all …

in Suggestions

Kasaeva.4691

No. Entirely. If you cannot complete a daily, do not expect the daily reward. The end. End game gear in this game is already do easy to get. Don’t even try to make it stupid.

How exactly is extending or removing the time limit on dailies making gear easier to get? Obviously you have no problem completing the daily every day and have plenty of time to play so changing this is not going to affect you nor make it easier for you. What is will do is make it possible for people with strict real-life schedules to get some gear. Just in case it wasn’t clear, I’d like to emphasize again that the OP specifically stated that he wanted to complete the daily but due to real-life time constraints found himself unable to do so. He asked only that the daily not reset if you started it but did not complete it.

I have to agree with the “NO’s” on this one. It only takes me 45 minutes max to do this farming the Kessex west centaur circle. No great difficulty getting there, always lots of people to help. daily tasks are fine the way they are. Maybe a few more different tasks thrown into the pool they are drawn from.

1) The OP stated that he only has 30 minutes a day to play. That completely nullifies your argument against this unless of course you believe that people should be required to commit 45 minutes a day. 2) Why in the world would anyone want to log in for 45 minutes purely to complete the daily? It’s not a job—it is a game. He should be allowed to simply play the game for 30 minutes a day and work towards leveling his character or whatever he would like to do while simultaneously achieving the daily. Anet has indicated that the daily is not meant to be something exclusive but rather something that is naturally achieved while going about your daily activities; be it dungeoning, leveling, grinding, or story questing.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

in Suggestions

Posted by: Puftorio.9587

Puftorio.9587

I’d like to bump this suggestion since I’ve wanted this for some time now.

When I log in to play, I don’t like concentrating on dailies. (Doing so leads to boredom and frustration for me.) I would like to complete them every now and then, however, but during the normal course of gaming.

I don’t see the harm in allowing partially completed dailies to carry over so long as you can only earn one daily achievement reward per day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

Imo a better suggestion than OP is to give us partial reward. It does get pretty annoying when you are close to finishing a daily because you only had 15 minutes to play before the reset time and it just happens to reset when you are about to complete it. Obviously the partial reward will not give us a laurel or any other fancy reward but could give us small rewards like some money and maybe some low lvl mats. Depending on how much of the daily achievement you were to complete of course.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

I’ve made many arguments for various things that I consider breaking from “playing my way”. To be blunt, not having enough play time to finish your dailies is not a factor of the game not fitting your play style, because simply said, you’re not playing the game enough to have a style to fit. It’s when 0 of the dailies are viable options for what you want to do (WvW, open world, dungeons, etc) that it’s a problem.

As for the ‘partial’ reward system, that’s already in place. The game rewards you with XP for every daily item you finish – and now with 9 daily items, you can even get more XP beyond the 5 required for the main reward. I think those XP bonuses is more than enough of a reward for partial or over completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JackBurton.1803

JackBurton.1803

I think people are too stuck to the word “Dailies”

What harm would it do?

If someone finishes their dailies in 2 hours then they don’t reset until the next “daily” restart. Nothing would change for them.

If daily = “completed” (then) generate new daily on restart time.

It wouldn’t hurt anything if it took someone 3 days to finish a daily… If you want to play everyday for hours then more power to you… you’re still getting more for playing more.

I like this idea for those who don’t have the time to commit.

You’re alienating the super-casual players, potentially, by not allowing them to get laurels.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

so i guess giving one laurel per completed tier is out of the question? it seems that might be some kind of hidden solution (that’s what i thought was the hidden solution when reading most of the posts). instead of doing 5 categories for ONE laurel everyday, are some of you wanting 1 laurel for each category (giving 5 each day), because you only have time to do ONE tier, which would probably be the kill 60 things (not to be confused with enemy types)?

after completing 5 without the new tracking system last night, i felt good about the first night since dailies implementation that i did not have to keep opening my character/achievement panel every minute to track.