10/19 Sanctum of Rall vs Crystal Desert vs Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Their really needs to be a limit to the # of seige engines that can be placed within the lords room, because that is absolutely ridiculous.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Ok SoR BL has some nice fights, Great match so far everyone!

CD borderlands we are going on a fight over Hills keep against SoS and CD for about 6hours if not more now. Non stop…so many AOE’s…..wish I had time to go make breakfast.

@TheFug.5278, there is only 8 pieces of siege in lord room, and 3-4 go down each push SoS/CD does. (Which since it’s non stop, except maybe a 30second-1minute pause…)

We are using the choke point to advantage, we are outmanned, but we are holding it.
See a mesmer portal, call out on TS, see enemy siege, call out again, ect… Sweep for mesmers each time we push attackers out.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Sorry someone on my team counted 15 pieces of seige, but then they also called a 30 man group a “70 man zerg” so I guess we shouldn’t trust them.

The real problem is that as we were attacking on the bridge there was 1 perma-stealthing thief that was just tearing us apart piece by piece.

I felt sorry for you guys because you have been under heavy seige for hours upon hours, that kitten has got to be taxing on the brain

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Sorry someone on my team counted 15 pieces of seige, but then they also called a 30 man group a “70 man zerg” so I guess we shouldn’t trust them.

The real problem is that as we were attacking on the bridge there was 1 perma-stealthing thief that was just tearing us apart piece by piece.

I felt sorry for you guys because you have been under heavy seige for hours upon hours, that kitten has got to be taxing on the brain

Ahh
Yeah I ran around and couted the siege we have, it’s just we are spamming it+ tons of AOE’s. We ahve people scouting for mesmer portals, and most of us in the keep are on Team speak together, so communication is almost instant. Also we have people who are in the other borderlands in TS with us, and we keep them updated as well on status.

As for tiring:
More like Im tired and want to sleep but this is fun. Seriously good fighting right now.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

All that fun pretty much ended when a perma stealth thief started attacking the invaders on CD borders. 4 hours siege for nothing, thanks SOR.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

It’s really impressive how many servers and enjoyable matchups are ruined by server transferring.

I don’t think WvW will be anything other than a cesspool of idiotically imbalanced matchups until server transfers are ended.

The orbs also seem custom designed to let a single hacker ruin the morale of thousands of players on two other servers.

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Looks like breaktime is over, outter gate was breached in SH again.
Round 20 GO!!!

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

As of 11:39 EDT (aka UTC-4, I think…), http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA has this 4-hour old report:

CD had 56,317 total, 45 income, no orbs,
SoS had 78290 total, 620 income, 2 orbs,
SoR had 89027 total, 30 income, 1 orb.

Anyone have anything more recent?

I’m guessing that by now, SoS has about 86,000? Since Sunday night they have been dominating the maps.

in WvW

Obed.7629

We all know WvW isn’t perfect(Rendering…argh), but that doesn’t mean it isn’t awesome and fun. Thanks to SoR/CD for a fun weekend. This was probably the most entertaining weekend of WvW for me.

Great battles on SoR BL. Keep it up! See you guys on the battlefield.

Dude, you rock! I’ve had a ton of fun fighting you guys; just wish my folks had won more of the encounters.

I’ll be back for more as soon as I get off work. See ya!

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

I have two wishs:

Somehow remove the bandwagon people from our server

End the transfers, or only allow transfers to the extremly new/ low pop servers.

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Obed.7629

Their really needs to be a limit to the # of seige engines that can be placed within the lords room, because that is absolutely ridiculous.

This weekend I’ve had the experience of spending time and gold to build siege engines only to watch that effort go up in smoke when a site is overrun.

I hate getting showered with arrows, but lots o’ siege engines does not mean invulnerability, does not always pay off, and does not strike me as unfair.

in WvW

Obed.7629

It’s really impressive how many servers and enjoyable matchups are ruined by server transferring.

I don’t think WvW will be anything other than a cesspool of idiotically imbalanced matchups until server transfers are ended.

The orbs also seem custom designed to let a single hacker ruin the morale of thousands of players on two other servers.

No offense, man, but how does that post belong in this thread? The play this weekend was extremely competitive. Since Sunday evening the SoS mother kittens have been dominating, but I have not seen them do anything underhanded or even unsportsmanlike.

(OK, the two dudes dancing on my corpse was a little irritating, but I’m a SWTOR refugee; I have a thick enough skin to deal with the occasional kitten. :-) )

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

Update:

CD had 58,252 total, 55 income, no orbs,
SoS had 92,415 total, 430 income, 2 orbs,
SoR had 93,491 total, 210 income, 1 orb.

The potential points keep exchanging lol

Good luck SOS / SOR / CD

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Update:

CD had 58,252 total, 55 income, no orbs,
SoS had 92,415 total, 430 income, 2 orbs,
SoR had 93,491 total, 210 income, 1 orb.

The potential points keep exchanging lol

Good luck SOS / SOR / CD

Wow this is getting close again.. nice work SoS, keep us at SoR on our toes.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

Posted by: Eicherjw.3926

Eicherjw.3926

Ok, Who on SoS is “Daish Daish Daish” and why do people listen to him when he’s got no guild or clue how to command a zerg?

in WvW

Posted by: Lathalshal.7831

Lathalshal.7831

It’s a Cold Rainy Day here in California, Perfect time to reflect on this weekends W3 experience. This has bee none of the best kick offs I have had in a long time. Many Epic battles were experianced. My guild has been over on the Crystal Desert Borderlands all weekend. I have to say that there are three epic battles that stand out so far at least in my mind. Sunday Afternoon PST: The Orb Defense at Hills Keep, this was at least a 2 hour constant battle with all three servers attending. It was very frustrating. We ran out of supplies and could not get any out of West supply Thank you CD, and SOS kept us from getting to Lowlands. Everytime we would push one off the other would hit us from the other side. (at tmes it felt orcastrated, but reality is they both wanted the orb).
Sunday Evening The battle from Bay keep to Briar, we eventually lost both areas but there was a huge 2-3 hour fight starting in the south by SOS, and the North by CD, there were many battles fought long and hard over both fortifications, CD eventually took the Bay Keep so we fell back to Briar, CD and SOS fought over Vale and we would sneak in and take it when we could. Props on CD for the line of defenders just south of the vale it really kept us out for a few moments. Now Leader Mara is not in my Guild, but it was so releaving to see her blue dot bouncing across the field slamming into either the CD foes or the SOS Army. Everytime I saw her slam into the oponents I could only think of the old western movies and would hear the calvary bugle sound Charge. We eventually lost the Briar but the long three way fight was so much appriciated. Thank to all.
The third memory from this weekend was our Saturday Evening Defense of Briar (lost and took that kitten tower two or three times. It started out as SOS (the guild with[{Ty] Awesome fights BTW) and my guild Defiance [RUN] (yes I know there were many others there but this is my relfection so there LOL). We fought over that kitten strip of land and the supply (Vale and South) it was mostly a stale mate, then we started seeing [pW] the aussies and we knew it was not going to be long until SOS took it for good, We had a blast pushing you all off and when we lost the tower for the night I was exausted.
I have to say that in all the battles over the weekend we had fun, Seeing SOS devote [Ty
( I am sorry for not remembering the rest of it) and [PBX] in large numbers on the CD borderland I knew we were getting a lot or respect because those are the Prime Time A team from that server. Thanks for the battles, I look forward to 4 more days of Epic war.

Amoral ~ Guardian
Defiance [RUN] ~ Officer
Commander on SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

The SoS NA guilds are not giving up. We have put in 5-12+ hour shifts, myself playing for 24 hours straight. Our oceanic players have not been challenged before, so naturally they collapse underneath the pressure. I’m not saying they don’t have the moxy in WvW, I’m saying they are behind the NA players of most servers in terms of meta game. They will learn as time goes on and we will get better as a server.

With the greatest of respect, less than 24 hours after saying that, them running at 500-600 ppt is hardly collapsing under pressure. Sure, they have less people to fight than the NA crew do (although a fair few more than usual), but I think it does them a disservice to say that they can’t pull it out of the bag when they need to. A couple of easier matches against more one-dimensional worlds doesn’t really take that much away from some of the genuinely tough matches they’ve had in the past against worlds that can put out significant numbers in the Oceanic primetime.

That said, communication has been an issue and of course there are always guilds that could improve their tactics… or learn some full stop. True for any world, admittedly.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

Not sure who is holding SM at the moment, but if it isn’t SoS, be aware that big oceanic zerg guild is a bit of a one trick pony – mage ports. But they do use them effectively, at least for now.

As best I can figure, effectively includes last night when they got SM back from us, SoR, after we held it for almost a day. (Was fortunate to be their when we took it, believe me we earned it the hard way. Was there last night when we lost it.)

What seemed to happen was they made a big push then pulled back. When we tried to sweep for mages, the ramp to the top floor was a death trap of siege. Some of them apparently got up there, including some mages, and they held it while the mages ported up the zerg. As they swarmed out, a lot like zombie kittenroaches in a really bad movie, I didn’t last long. But the number that came down compared to the number that went up was truly mind boggling.

But we’ll get it back, if we haven’t already. The hard way. Cause we got a lot of tricks up our sleeve.

When we do, we need to figure out how they work that trick. And how to counter it. We also need to figure out how they get out onto some of the ledges we found them on.

Whatever. Word is that this is the only place the zerg guild plays, hopefully, by the end of the week it won’t be so much fun for them anymore. And we’ll be able to pass on everything we learn about them to whoever faces them next. Unless it’s us, then we’ll take it from not much fun to (please supply your own modifier).

Oh yeah!

Just another run-of-the-mill gamer.

Running on SoR from day 1 minute 1

in WvW

Posted by: Akinorix.5107

Akinorix.5107

Woke up this morning and saw SoS back in the lead, u guys have no idea how pumped i am right now this is really fun lol! gg

Xakinori – Pain Train Choo [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: Akhet.6527

Akhet.6527

@ Eicherjw.3926 – Daish = some chav you should put on block as soon as possible. The only thing he’s good at in wuv is distracting his team with terrible commentary and random insane demands.

It makes me laugh though because he spent (or someone spent) 100g for his commander tag and all it does it get him ignored.

Varien Sundfor
Council Leader of Flux Capacity [FLUX]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

He paid for it himself.

I’ll be nice enough to not mention exactly how he went about that (especially since there are subjects you aren’t meant to talk about on the forum), but suffice it to say, it wasn’t in a way that sets good examples for the kids.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: atarigenocide.4987

atarigenocide.4987

Mesmer, not mage. God, people. Is it that hard to use the names of the actual classes?

in WvW

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

Mesmer, not mage. God, people. Is it that hard to use the names of the actual classes?

He is still playing WoW. These AV games here are long.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

aww don’t give up yet SoS

Shut up dude, you’re embarrassing our server.

Can all the bandwagon idiots on my server please keep their mouth shut and play win or lose? Im tired of the soft attitude of the server, when we win = “lulz keep up u suck” when we lose = “omg qq were getting owned we suck these guilds suck lululs im transferring off qq im a noob”

-Napoleans (SPQR)

Whoa calm down bro. I just wanted a good matchup for the week. I love SoS

in WvW

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

on that note… its Professions not classes.

in WvW

Posted by: cRusty.4609

cRusty.4609

awesome ! good work SoS keep it up

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

Aussie in SoS: this is screenshots of I got offwork, went to bed, and woke up

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

Hrmm, SoR getting second this week actually wouldn’t be so bad… SoS would go to T2 with their round the clock zergball and Crystal Desert with their lack of a sustained population would fall to T4. That’d make way for an SoR-Eredon-Tarnished Coast match-up that looks promising to me!

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

Hrmm, SoR getting second this week actually wouldn’t be so bad… SoS would go to T2 with their round the clock zergball and Crystal Desert with their lack of a sustained population would fall to T4. That’d make way for an SoR-Eredon-Tarnished Coast match-up that looks promising to me!

Interestingly enough, SoR had an extremely strong night presence during the weekend and gained 20k plus points on Sunday early morning and day. Not sure what happened last night (I’m guessing people work during the week) but SoS played PvDoor to make it up (I’m on SoS btw).

N/A primetime has been really fun during the weekend and I felt pretty even.

Oh and one more thing. Even if SoR won this match, as long as SoS came in second, SoS would still move up to the next tier and SoR would stay in T3.

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Isredel.4302

Isredel.4302

Interestingly enough, SoR had an extremely strong night presence during the weekend and gained 20k plus points on Sunday early morning and day. Not sure what happened last night (I’m guessing people work during the week) but SoS played PvDoor to make it up (I’m on SoS btw).

Oh and one more thing. Even if SoR won this match, as long as SoS came in second, SoS would still move up to the next tier and SoR would stay in T3.

SoR skipped an entire tier, so that’s okay.

Viktor Rageclaw: Seaimpin na Cu, (Officer)
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community http://www.gaiscioch.com/

in WvW

RiversOnFire.3607

If u were on the BL, u would know why. our chatbox was full of dirty words about SoR exploiters and hackers, i believe that was a new transfer guild to SoR called DEVS.

SoS players almost reported every SoR shown on screen, it was kind of funny to watch…

in WvW

Posted by: MouthForWar.4210

MouthForWar.4210

In spite of all the illegitimate tactics being used by some individuals on all teams, I’m really happy about this matchup. I haven’t had this much fun in WvW in a long time. SoR, you guys put up a great fight and I’m glad you’re challenging us! CD, I’m sure if you guys had more coverage and didn’t lose a few guilds you’d make some stiff competition as well.

Good luck to everyone, it’s been close every single day, can’t wait to see the scores at the end of the week.

in WvW

Posted by: Dear Hunter.8365

Dear Hunter.8365

If u were on the BL, u would know why. our chatbox was full of dirty words about SoR exploiters and hackers, i believe that was a new transfer guild to SoR called DEVS.

SoS players almost reported every SoR shown on screen, it was kind of funny to watch…

Please report any characters you see hacking but do not report everyone from that server. That is extremely distasteful. We do not condone hacking and will report them as soon as we see them doing it on our side. I have been on SoR since Day 1 and have never heard of DEVS.

Thanks,

Dear Hunter The Colorful Charr Guardian
USA (United Sanctum Alliance)
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

That is really unfortunate =(
I haven’t seen any hackers yet on SoR, however I have been exclusively on CD BL.
Please try to grab a screen of them and post it on here for everyone to see. That goes for all servers. While fighting GoM before we got video of a member of Sanctified Wrath flying in the air with the orb =P
We actually managed to down him, but before we could finish he flew off while downed =P

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

With even numbers, hacks will not account for a 600-50-50 score which is what is was when I played for about an hour Sunday afternoon. But, I think someone said that it was oceanic Monday which I didn’t think about.

Hackers are no doubt a problem, but I doubt they can shift the score that much…or maybe they can. I haven’t hacked so I am not really sure how much of an affect it can have.

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

RiversOnFire.3607

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/SoR-u-guys-need-to-do-something/first#post502283

how a hacker effect the balance of the BL? well , he makes sure that u dont have any seige to defend ur tower, if there were more of them, they can catch a chance and kill ur lord in 1min then take ur tower. especially when u were under attack at another tower or keep.

if one of them is a mesmer, well, u can prey to god. he might help u.

Let me ask u something, u spent 4 hrs on the map, and finally got their garrison and holding more than half of the map, u happy? 5 mins later, all u have left is just a bay. what u feel? especially when u and ur commanders were standing right on the wall of garrison, ur lord suddenly got killed and the flag changed color. What u do next?

I felt bad and all my guildies left WvW. now u know why SoS lost during Oceanic primetime.

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Monday was a public holiday in NZ so there were probably a few more of us able to get online for SoS

I’d like to jump on the bandwagon and agree that this has been the most fun matchup for the last month or so. Sure, we all get issues with server culling and semi-perma-steal thieves, but you deal with that. While I’ve been online the fights have been very even and to-and-fro affairs, which is infinitely more enjoyable than pvDoor or 3vs1’s

SoR and CD are both very worthy adversaries and certainly know how to kick kitten when they need to As an Oceanic, its been really good to see the improvement in the communications between guilds and players alike. We’ve got a way to go yet, but we’re definitely getting better and not getting so many idiots running around.

Keep it up everyone, definitely a even match-up (hopefully you CD guys get some more recruits over the coming weeks, as you’re definitely a well-coordinated server and a nightmare to run into at times!)

in WvW

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

All three servers are full, no more transfers for anyone.

Let the games begin

[LUN]Lunáticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

Lathalshal: “Now Leader Mara is not in my Guild, but it was so releaving to see her blue dot bouncing across the field slamming into either the CD foes or the SOS Army. Everytime I saw her slam into the oponents I could only think of the old western movies and would hear the calvary bugle sound Charge.”

All I could think of:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wqeFVckWVTc/Td3xY3Ja4VI/AAAAAAAABys/IMIulbtF21Y/s1600/2082319_zOwcPM85_c.jpg

XD

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Telmae.5720

Telmae.5720

The fight is never over until its over. Looking at you SoR people posting and acting like it was Friday reset just because you went ahead 20k points.

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

SoS taught us how to exploit the culling issues in our BL (SoR) tonight. I think the best trick is the perma stealthed thief hiding in a camp trick. We tried to take it twice without seeing the meter go up before we realized what was going on. Nice way to take advantage of anets f-ups. I think we will lose this match at this point, but we will learn.

Either way, we fight.

[EDIT] I wanted to edit this to say that whoever it was at Anet that thought the way culling works now would be a good idea (even if it works as intended it would be worse than how it was before) was probably drunk.

Wrekks/Wrekts

(edited by Aaron.4807)

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Blaming an entire server for the exploits of one person or even a group of people is not smart.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Last night, we had 15 at most people defending against the full might of the unwashed hordes of SoS at overlook. But we only lasted maybe an hour before they pushed us out of EB entirely due to full pop vs 15 brave souls. Good fun, even then.

Then we had to take what was left to defend the orb in CD BL where I helped fight against both CD and SoS working together for 6 or so hours straight in SH. Fun!

Despite being undermanned, swarmed, and things looking bleak…SoR still fought. All I can say is I love this server. Don’t care if we win or lose as long as the fighting spirit persists.

Now if only we had more people to help against Oceanic zerg…15 people aint enough lol.

p.s. all u SoS crying hackers and blaming whole server. Laugh, sad and pathetic. If I see sploiter I will report and that’s all I can really do. It’s not like we can kill them nor vote kick them.

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

It would almost guarantee you a spot (probably HoD’s) in B2 the week after, seeing as ET are free points at the moment and (no offence to them) TC aren’t as good as CD.

That said, we’d be in half of the same boat with HoD and whoever else (right now, still BG) next week. Kinda sad that you’ve got two worlds at this height that are basically free points right now.

I wouldn’t entirely call it PvDoor as there are seemingly still significant numbers (albeit not the sort you’d see in NA hours) fighting against them this match-up, but yeah, SoS tends to rack up most of its larger point gains during the Aussie hours during the week. We actually usually under-perform at the weekend on account of the number of crazy folk up basically for 48 hours, usually creating a 2 or 3-way deadlock (much how, say, three weeks ago, you might’ve constantly seen that in B1/2 matches). It’s when you start to get around to the week, folks have work/school again and we properly show our international colours.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

Blaming an entire server for the exploits of one person or even a group of people is not smart.

How am I supposed to point hem out?

SoS on SoR BL clearly were coordinating this because when we tried to clear it and scan for any enemies while the meter stayed at zip their zerg came rushing in right on the heals of us taking what we could see out. That happened 3 times. Maybe all of SoS is not to blame for that but I am pretty sure at least some knew what was going on.

Wrekks/Wrekts

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

I could be rather mistaken, but I’m pretty sure culling issues only reliably occur with larger groups. If so, that’s probably not what that thief was relying on, but instead that their skills can give them almost perma-stealth with only a couple of secs downtime here and there. Which, if you’re not paying attention, is easy to miss (most camps have charming buildings to hide behind, amongst other things and some of those darling WvW players are oh so inattentive that it takes them five minutes to realise that the bar’s not going up to begin with >.>;) and rather difficult to counter.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that was being coordinated with a group to hold things up whilst reinforcements got there, although, whilst not an exploit, it’s a bit of a pain in the kitten when you’re on the receiving end, yeah.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

CD looking for guild to fight for us!

in WvW

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

Any score updates?

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Jois.4827

Jois.4827

CD looking for guild to fight for us!

No we dont.. We rather lose then use “outsider” help Please dont lead the bandwangon here thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

Last I checked, SoS is ahead of SoR by a margin of under 10k, potential points is SoS +375-425, SoR +100-200

CD is almost out of the game at about 35k behind

MERC