At this rate, SoS is going to win the game :P

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

10/19 Sanctum of Rall vs Crystal Desert vs Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

How does SoR have full queues and have 80 points per tick. What the heck happened?

(edited by SmokeyNYY.7841)

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

Went to sleep this morning at 5.30am, after 6 continuous hours of WvW. Ended the morning facing a Taiwanese guild from SoS, whom I was very impressed with.

Great job – you tested all our defenses and had 3-4 teams hitting different spots at the same time that kept our people dancing all over the map trying to keep 80% of our BL map.

Don’t you guys sleep during normal work days? Singapore’s only awake because of a public holiday, and for a change, we have enough people to populate one borderland. In the rest of the maps, we were outmanned as usual.

CD worked together very well this morning too. Fast response times, more communication, people spent silver on upgrades and siege weapons (esp. Titan’s golem army!), which helped us get the orb and the Hills and Bay keeps.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

How does SoR have full queues and have 80 points per tick. What the heck happened to this server? That is just plain pathetic.

Methinks Defiance may have run away from SoS too hastily…

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Despite the trash talk and accusations made in this thread, I think this has been an awesome matchup. SoR and SoS both have had long periods of domination. And CD has done a good job in punching it’s way back into maps time and time again. Unfortunately, from what I hear, they had a exodus of players a while back so they came into this match-up undermanned. As the week is nearing the end I just wanted to say how impressed I am with all three server’s. I hope CD find’s a bracket fitting for their population and look forward to fighting SoR tooth and nail for that first place finish. Hackers exist on all server’s and ignoring the effort and skill of individuals on other servers by claiming every achievement is due to a hack is just childish. I have a feeling SoR and SoS will be seeing each other in a match-up a week or two down the road. So cya soon SoR.

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

So, you guys ready for the next update?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Capdevila.3628

Capdevila.3628

Hello. Aldrovo here:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/sYbbv.jpg[/img]

in WvW

Posted by: Capdevila.3628

Capdevila.3628

Well, that didn’t work. Sorry, first post. One more try:

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Yeah, CD used to be a pretty good Tier 2 server, but after Jade Quarry destroyed us we entered a vicious cycle of guilds leaving causing us to be dominated by lower tier servers followed by more guilds leaving. Anyway, I think I’m looking forward to the lower tier match-ups which will hopefully have less drama. Kinda funny how many times the thread for IOJ-JQ-SBI has been locked.

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

The NA guys maintaining our points lead! And we still got a friday night push coming!!

MERC

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

It resets friday night.

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

It resets friday night.

Not in australia/nz or anywhere else this side of the Pacific. Saturday about 11 AM in Sydney.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Kezorian.5107

Kezorian.5107

Still anyones game, some good fights.

Co-Leader of Onslaught [OnS]
Believegate – #freepot
http://www.onslaughtclan.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Yeah, CD used to be a pretty good Tier 2 server, but after Jade Quarry destroyed us we entered a vicious cycle of guilds leaving causing us to be dominated by lower tier servers followed by more guilds leaving. Anyway, I think I’m looking forward to the lower tier match-ups which will hopefully have less drama. Kinda funny how many times the thread for IOJ-JQ-SBI has been locked.

lol…yeah…tho, I notice the next tier down (Mag et al) are onto their 3rd thread after the first two were locked too!!

in WvW

Posted by: brommy.6598

brommy.6598

yeah smokey the world is bigger then the timezone you live in haha

for us aussies it doesnt reset until 11am Sat morning. Gives us a great shot to finish off a game strong with a big friday night effort.

Would also like to add that this has by far been the most exciting match up to date. Well done to SoR for really stretching our server to its limits.

Awesome to see the response from SOS and how well we have comeback.

Anyway looks like it will be a 1v1 with IOJ next week if HoD remains empty. Going to be tough but im sure we can do it. COMON SOS !!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

SoS good job !!
Finally we in the lead

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Looks like we might’ve pipped you at the post this time around, although I have a feeling that in another week we’ll be seeing each other again, given that HoD will undoubtedly be the big losers in B2 and I’d be surprised if you guys didn’t pull it off against TC and (the might of) ET. Can’t see us dropping back, but we certainly can’t go up thanks to the rating difference and can’t see you guys losing either. Given that it’ll also see one of the current top three or BG too, should be a rematch to remember.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

I don’t think we at SoR are quite ready for tier 2 anyway. We would get crushed. Good luck SoS.

SoR can practice a little more in tier 3.

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

or maybe you will lose all the fairwaither transfer noobs and get wrecked for the next few weeks… who knows!

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

What a week this has been, this has been one of the most memorable match ups in WvW that I’ve ever seen.

Respect to the original SoR community (the guys that didn’t transfer midweek) that have made their server what it is, there has been fierce fighting all week and it’s been up and down every day for every timezone.

To Crystal Desert, despite not dominating the borderlands you guys have still been the joker in the pack and have still had lots of people fighting against all odd’s, you can hold your heads up high.

2 days ago SoS were 60k behind Sor, 1 day ago it was 35k, now we are in the lead by 3k. Well done to the SoS community and both timezones for continuing the fighting and not giving up despite when all the chips were down, we couldn’t have done it without each other. We’re going to need that same perseverance next week when we face a tier 1 server.

And if this week is anything to go by, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is one final twist in this match up.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Yeah, everyone gets lulled into a false sense of security, goes back to their candy corn antics and when the call goes out to get into WvW, forget to change out of their costumes and are instantly KO’d by a flurry of Food Fight!s.

And we get beaten by a whole 3 points.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Aralura.5129

Aralura.5129

Dear SOR, please stop using the same tactic over and over again to take Bluebriar. I would have thought after 8 tries you’d realise that it’s obviously not working. Try something different. I mean, it’s not even fun to stomp all over you anymore.

[Envy]

in WvW

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

or maybe you will lose all the fairwaither transfer noobs and get wrecked for the next few weeks… who knows!

I think we’ll be fine. My entire guild came from DAoC, we can take a few lumps. I mean, I see the same names that stuck with it when SoR were low rank.

in WvW

TurtleMuncher.9750

Score update anyone?
A wvw map would be appreciated too, my desktop fried

MERC

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Sea of Sorrows 236,915
Sanctum of Rall 232,633
Crystal Desert 89,209

Contested areas:
SoS +515
SoR +130
CD +50

as of 1 minute ago.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

I don’t think we at SoR are quite ready for tier 2 anyway. We would get crushed. Good luck SoS.

SoR can practice a little more in tier 3.

next matchup with ET and TC? not much for practice man. u will just dominate them all.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalemar.4873

Kalemar.4873

ET might not give much resistance since it seems they’ve lost many good guilds but I expect TC will battle to the end. TC also did quite favourably against SoS last time they met but both servers seem to have learnt quite a bit since that session.

Kalemar (80 Guardian) [COTD]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: sklurb.6302

sklurb.6302

Several former guilds of ET have moved on over to Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Kalemar.4873

Kalemar.4873

.. and that is a pity for the game and caused an unbalance to both ET and Blackgate but that discussion is being had elsewhere in the forums.

Kalemar (80 Guardian) [COTD]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Larcolith.3802

Larcolith.3802

Seen as I’m going to miss the final chapter in this bloody little affair I’d just like to say thanks to everyone involved. Can’t speak much for the other BLs but SoS has been a riot for most of the week, regardless of who controlled what.

Big shout outs to CRS, ND, LUN, EPIC and all the guys with em for giving us some great fights. I’ve lost far too many hours of sleep this week seeing the sun come up trying to hold out until the NA boys come online and I know plenty of others have as well.

And of course to all the guys in SoS who’ve been there to help hold the lines. All involved should be very proud of their efforts. There’s not much more to say then that, you guys have done great.

Regardless of who wins I have to say this have been the most fun I’ve had in a WvW match up to date. And I have absolutely no doubt we’ll be doing this all again real soon. It’s been a blast

Sea of Sorrows – MERC Commander, Larcolith|80 Warrior

http://blacklion.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: nOCter.4263

nOCter.4263

SOR garrison down xD. Double attack from east gate and water gate by sos unlimited legions. SOR bl checked.

Leader of Troll Syndicate [FKU]

in WvW

Posted by: Curvs.9183

Curvs.9183

Ran around with a few guild mates (Breaking Bads), and others from CD in small groups in SoR and SoS borderlands for a few hours tonight. Lots of fun stealing camps over and over, and mainly being pests It was a blast, and 80% of the encounters we entered, we either won, or made the bad guys run. We knew we were getting on SoS’ nerves when they’d bring a much larger force to try and wipe us. We (at least my guild) hope that our diversions helped SoR take some ground back. When we entered, it was all blue, when we left, it was pretty much 50/50 sos/sor.

There has been at least three times for me, personally and more for guild mates, that an SoR raidforce has let me finish out a 1v1 instead of rolling over me. Won once, lost once, and ran once (due to SoS mucking it up), so SoR has earned mine, and my guild’s respect for that. We only have 3-4 active players that play every night, and for all of us to feel that way, is pretty great.

So, even though we are getting rolled, while 75% of our server would rather pve (winning or losing a match), it is a blast. Hope SoR gets back on its feet, and we’ll be taking SoS camps and yaks till the end!

Commander, Curvsaplenty – Mesmer
Happy Tree of w0t0 [w0t0] -Crystal Desert-

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

Update at 08:50 GMT. Looks like SoS is going to take it.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

Been staying up late to fight all week and I just couldn’t do it anymore these last couple nights. Been a ton of fun though. We couldn’t seem to manage enough strategy to push you guys out yesterday, and I think you wore people down from defending for so long.

I kept thinking, if we hold out long enough these guys will all log off like usual…but they just kept coming and coming….

Good fight SoS, and it was also nice to see Crystal Desert show up later in the week if not for very long.

in WvW

Posted by: Kurthos.2354

Kurthos.2354

Told you guys that SoS had strong NA coverage

in WvW

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

Good luck to SoS @T2.

We had some good fights this week.

For Kurthos: SoS has a strong NA coverage but at the most times they are not stronger then SoR NA, SoS really blast at the oceanic time since we don’t have a lot of players joining WvW at this time as we could see during this week. I’m not QQing, it’s just a fact.

[LUN]Lunáticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

(edited by Kohai.2571)

in WvW

Posted by: flipside.3502

flipside.3502

Just wanted to say, SoR’s battle tactics are amazing. I’m in SoS, and this past week against SoR has been anything but easy. They are literally EVERYWHERE, when and where you least expect them to be. Even zerg fights found us on the losing side a couple of times. So hats off to you, SoR…really gave us a run for our money.

in WvW

Posted by: Alien.1845

Alien.1845

@Kuthos , i dont know if its SoS true intention or not, but i love the idea of yours as if SoS trying to let other servers take lead and wore the defenders out and out of sudden give their massive final push at the last 36 hours.

i think its quite a good psychological tactics, or mental diversion, or watever the term is

Skyinthesea | Team Shatter
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Azrayne.2983

Azrayne.2983

Just wanted to say, SoR’s battle tactics are amazing. I’m in SoS, and this past week against SoR has been anything but easy. They are literally EVERYWHERE, when and where you least expect them to be. Even zerg fights found us on the losing side a couple of times. So hats off to you, SoR…really gave us a run for our money.

Yeah, SOR have put up an excellent fight. Serious props for the dedication too, it’s great to be up against a server willing to stick it out all the way to the end.

in WvW

ISteveI.9732

Yesterday SoS dominate for so long partly because ASEAN region is having a public holiday today

We had been fighting way pass our prime time. SoS NA (PRX) is amazing yesterday taking the whole EB. All the SoS-ian are awesome. We did put a great fight

Could need a couple of more strong NA guild tho to cover the whole bl.

Good and epic fight i would say.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

ISteveI.9732 writes:
Yesterday SoS dominate for so long partly because ASEAN region is having a public holiday today

Is THAT what happened? From 25 Oct 20:00 GMT to 26 Oct 00:00 GMT SoS kept the lead during a time when SoR has often surged ahead against them. And we absolutely had to build a big lead during that time if we were going to win this thing, because SoS has owned 04:00 to 12:00 GMT.

Good match. You guys fought well and effectively when you were down by a lot, and you were merciless when you had a big lead.

I hope to get in a few more whacks at you in the closing hours of this match, but when it’s over, best of luck. It has been fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Dznootz.4958

Dznootz.4958

Can’t ask for anything more out of a WvWvW. Well a 3rd competitor but, hey I’ll take a close match back and forth anyday. Props to SoS/SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Chidawg.6315

Chidawg.6315

Those people who are saying SoR NA is a lot better than SoS NA…I don’t see how you guys can say that. Most of the nights you guys have everything by the time people get home from work and have 3 orbs, most towers and most keeps upgraded and outnumber us. The days where we had everything, SoR NA had trouble getting any structures at all.

If SoS has a full queue against SoR full queue during any time zone, I think we are more than equally matched.

See you guys in 2 weeks.

Chibong(lvl 80 necro)/Chidawg(lvl 80 thief)
SoS – The Industry[WORK]

in WvW

Posted by: rook.4625

rook.4625

Hey I wanna give a shoutout to the SoS Oceanics/Singaporeans/Taiwanese and any other players/region I may have missed. Yaw really came through.

in WvW

ISteveI.9732

Hey I wanna give a shoutout to the SoS Oceanics/Singaporeans/Taiwanese and any other players/region I may have missed. Yaw really came through.

Malaysians :p

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Big shout outs to CRS, ND, LUN, EPIC and all the guys with em for giving us some great fights. I’ve lost far too many hours of sleep this week seeing the sun come up trying to hold out until the NA boys come online and I know plenty of others have as well.

Much appreciated and much respect to you as well. CRS and ND are non-English speaking guilds so I doubt you’ll get a response from them but I am sure the feeling is mutual.

I spent much of the week joined at the hip to CRS as my guild has all quit and gone to play pandas sigh. Anyway, it has been truly an amazing week. We had your number at the beginning of the week but by the end of the week the tables had definitely shifted.

Wish there was a way to know players’ names from other realms because I’d like to give a couple shout outs to some of your guild mates.

To the human male necromancer that dueled me for 7 minutes on the hill of Woodhaven till we both ended up downed and my hounds finished you, hats off to you brother. More than a worthy adversary, I never lose 1v1 fights to anyone especially not a necro but there was a point I thought you had me.

To the human female thief that has made it your mission to target me in the CRS ball, you’re a dirty rotten kitten but I admire your tenacity. Now go find another elementalist to pick on….

And finally to the charr warrior with the gold star and the tier 2 charr greatsword skin that has spiked me 25+ times this week. When we play again, I am going to find you, and I am going to kill you….over and over and over and over again. I am going to enjoy doing it because I don’t like you.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

TurtleMuncher.9750

The next time we cross paths again, there will be bigger fish to fry . Top 4 server seems to be playing on another level and T2 will just be SoS and SoR getting destroyed.

Just out of curiosity, how long are the queues for NA primetime weekdays for SoR?

MERC

in WvW

Posted by: Dimok.6187

Dimok.6187

According to my math we’ve passed the point of no return for us to win this one for SoR. I’d like to say it’s been a great game, one of the closest I’ve seen in a while (it came down to 11:00 am EST until the game was decided by point diff, maybe a little earlier) and I look forward to matching up against you SoS guys again in the future.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Good game. Despite my earlier rants, it was a good game.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Troedoff.5634

Troedoff.5634

As a player on SOR, I’d have to say that the quality of our players are better than SOS. I’ll address that statement in a bit. However the difference in the level of organization across all maps was the Major deciding factor. SOS has a great organizational structure, and the tenacity, discipline, and patience that they show when they siege is a spectacle to be witness to. SOR has held back masses of SOS serfs even when outnumbered sometimes 3 to 1, which is why I say the quality of players is better, but SOS just regroups, and does it over and over again till whatever organization SOR has starts to break down. Props to SOS, and GL in your next matchup.

And I still think White Load are harder to kill than Atac glass cannons :P thanks for the hundreds of badges this week guys.