10/26: Devona/Ferg/Kain (again :))

in WvW

Posted by: Zizanzi.4678

Zizanzi.4678

Devona/Ferg

Some Crazy good fights tonight to end our night @ Dreadfall Bay around 1am EST. My 12 man squad was able to hold off the Devona Onslaught(many many many red con players) only to be met by another onslaught(many many many red con players) by Ferg coming in right behind giving us no time to recuperate. We were able to walk away but I did so saying “WOW”. Keep up these fights, we love em. See you on the field of battle & wish you all the best.

Shout out to Ranger Danger for giving us some key intel during the night. Even though one time it wasn’t really 20 but more like the whole Devona server that was there ;-P (our invoice for the repair is in the mail) But, we love ya still!!!!

Stylii Elementalist
Arbitrary Paradox (Leader)
The Runnoft & Arbitrary Paradox Confederation
(RUNN & AP together as one)

(edited by Zizanzi.4678)

in WvW

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

Good Job to Kaineg for our consistant lead in prime time. also props to devonas for taking our Bl later.

-Commander Shananigansx

Attachments:

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Jhor.4350

Jhor.4350

Sunday morning score update. Good match so far.

Attachments:

Jhor-something
Kaineng (NoQQ)

in WvW

Posted by: ador.8134

ador.8134

Dev you guys look like you have really pulled your organization together . I got out of class today to check things out and we are getting hit from all angles on EBG much props.

A D O R [iSpy]
80 Guardian
Beast Mode

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Some truth behind Mighteous,
yesterday around 1am or so during the siege when DR took back the bay from their own borderland, I as a mesmer was running around wasting the supplies out, the inner gate was getting hit way too hard for my to even possible repair at a reasonable rate, so i head to the other gate, i see 2 devonas about to come in, they back off, so i just repair the gate and shut it on them(LOL). and hence went on with wasting about 100ish supply in the camp, then went to hide, waiting for our main forces in Kaineg to have a group of 5man, come help retake the bay.

Now i’m not bashing devona’s server, i’m just saying if those 2 had rushed me at that spot i wouldve been dead and that keep would not have been lost in like 5mins, because i have a mantra dmg build, and had NONE of my mantras equiped on, i had blink, portal, and something else. well and my healing mantra, but its so awful n useless as it only heals around 1.5k per heal.

ps
it was even more funnier because you guys did not move orb back to your garrison. but all and all good fight DR, especially at the bay, you guys were nailling down on our gate really hard, had to rally up some players to go flank you which took a while cause our forces were split, but good job stopping us from taking your garrison 2×. Hope to see more of these epic fights.

Will you help me move?

(edited by Bones.5762)

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

lol I guess Stonemist finally fell overnight after holding it for more than 24 hours

Attachments:

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfend.5287

Wolfend.5287

Holy caps, wish I’d been there for that run. Nice work, ranger Neal.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackmagicKota.8724

BlackmagicKota.8724

so about us running away. i had 8 guys with me fighting about 8 keins a minute ago. form SB i believe. and they just ran away the whole kitten day.

Attachments:

Kota the Strong, Norn Warrior
Commander on Devona’s Rest
Exemplar’s of Virtue (FWAE)

in WvW

Posted by: Max Castle.6173

Max Castle.6173

@ FC in FC BL Good job pushing us back out of bluevale and bluebriar. We had a good foothold but really short on people. held you off for a while, but just couldn’t keep it up. You can thank the Mad King for your early Halloween present.

Battle Flag <PRO>

P.S. Thanks to all the DR peeps that were there and trying to accomplish something. Good fights. To those that weren’t..well..hope your candycorn was worth it.

Flag
[DSL]
30/30/30/30/30 Memer

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

This halloween event has really dogged the crud outta WvW this week.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

ador.8134

PRO u guys made a great effort pushing durios thank God i had some backup Neal and Rumors

A D O R [iSpy]
80 Guardian
Beast Mode

in WvW

ador.8134

+MGM Cant leave out MGM

Attachments:

A D O R [iSpy]
80 Guardian
Beast Mode

in WvW

Posted by: Sirenic.4275

Sirenic.4275

@ador – What?

That wasn’t even our full force (you dont want to see that ;o), I don’t remember attacking durious, PRO doesn’t even do EB (i don’t at least). I know some PRO were in EB until I had called a lot to a different borderlands so I think they gave up on Durious if they were attacking it, and judging by your picture that only looks like less then 7 PRO members, mixed with other guilds lol, just saying.

Anyways – WHILE we were in Kains…

We took their orb, went to our hills and.. ?
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1432/gw012r.jpg

The fudge? It didn’t even repair lol, made me sad, had the orb for 10 minutes and lost it.

PRO is kinda in and out of WvW until this halloween event is over. I don’t want to intrude in on my players if they are busy with PvE.

-Phizyn [80 Sylvari Guardian]
Leader of Protocol [PRO]

(edited by Sirenic.4275)

in WvW

ador.8134

Ten of u guys in this one 1 or 2 randoms and a couple reds
was a fun fight we were outnumbered x5

Attachments:

A D O R [iSpy]
80 Guardian
Beast Mode

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

Holy kitten, Kain I am impressed on that SM take over. I was there for that one…

The hell is going on with kains, how many transfers did yall get, or is Devonas just being lazy this week?

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Shananigans.8412

We didn’t get any new transfers, Evermoor Alliance is back out in force + im sure alot of people

Didn’t get any good pic of the sm take but:

Attachments:

[Ark]-Ele

in WvW

ador.8134

Thanks Sire that was actually Neal and rumors planning War came from another bl to back us up on the actual taking

Attachments:

A D O R [iSpy]
80 Guardian
Beast Mode

in WvW

Posted by: Jhor.4350

Jhor.4350

I honestly don’t think we got many transfers. I’m sure we got some individuals and such, but haven’t noticed any major new guild presence.

Maybe Dev has a lot of people pve’ing this week, as Kain did last week.

Remember that Dev and Kain were both expansions. I think a good portion of the player base on both servers is only now hitting 80 and getting into whatever end-game they choose. A lot of that in GW2 involves people coming to WvW.

I could always be mistaken about xfers, I’m not on every zone, etc, but I see the same commanders and guilds as before, and haven’t heard or read of any type of big transfer.

Jhor-something
Kaineng (NoQQ)

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

WAR as a majority took a break from WvW for the past week, this is our first night back in as a guild…we put about 40 players in the WvW arena tonight, so that might be the difference you’re noticing

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

I know a lot of people in DR are actually PvE’ing with that halloween event, at least PRO is.. we aren’t seen much but if we are… we are seen for no longer then an hour or two then we go back to PvE. lol

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Bones.5762

@ Kota,
Sorry if i offended you did not mean to generalize the server as a whole if that’s how you took it, as that topic was not my main point of the post, (main post being about a good battle, and that i had a really fun moment in the keep. I don’t really agree with Mighteous’ post but i can’t help but laugh reading them. Just ignore it if it bothers you, but i just kind of hate to see people bash on him, (though i do agree he somewhat deserves it). Keep up the good fight both servers, It’ll be a close match.

Will you help me move?

(edited by Bones.5762)

in WvW

Posted by: Emboric.6578

Emboric.6578

Kaineng, you might be outnumbering me by one or two fighters, but I refuse to let you take my tower without a fight! >=)

Though I might be limping for a few days after that tumble, lol

Ah well, fight on gentlemen!

Attachments:

Emboric, Defender of Dolyaks!
-Ferguson’s Crossing-

in WvW

Shananigans.8412

Good Fights all tonight, Props to pro for taking DB keep at one point.. Kaineg is really starting to push for the prime-time wins, Good Luck and looking forward to seeing everyone out there.

-Commander Shananiganx

[Ark]-Ele

in WvW

BlackmagicKota.8724

@ Bones no real offense taken good sir. that post was more or less at mighteous. and i know its usually best to ignore those kinds of people. but i never can, certiantly not when he claims to want a fight. as ive said im more than happy to give him one =)

btw it was a little sad earlier today just after that pic i ran into connection problems and couldnt get back on, i just got home from work so hopefully ill be able to get back in the fight now. i dont understand what went wrong though m internet worked fine

(edited by BlackmagicKota.8724)

in WvW

Posted by: Balidore.2790

Balidore.2790

On Ferg we haven’t had anyone transfer in that I’ve noticed. Had a large amount transfer out is all. Ya need to stop making accusations of us doing something with the orb, we’ve never done it before, we have no new players, the game has glitches. All servers here have had glitchy orb issues since that last patch. We can’t even place our own orb half the time.
If you wanna fix the orbs, write the gw2 team, not us.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

To all the Kain & Ferg that are closer to getting enough Badges by killing me repeatedly, over and over… your welcome… also if your feeling guilty over my tragic death and your part in it… feel free to mail me a Legendary Weapon… or something to ease your Conscience…

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

in WvW

Bones.5762

Quite sad i missed the take over at SM, I was there during the siege but dc out, and EB had a que, which made me quite sad, forcing me to do MK event all day. GJ though to both servers though for defense/offense.

Will you help me move?

(edited by Bones.5762)

in WvW

BlackmagicKota.8724

Had fun today (when my connection was working) took back our BL in a couple hard fights. Started out easy enough, took Hill with a golem and next to no defenders. Gates werent even upgraded. I was worried no keins were on and it was going to be too easy. Then we took Greenlake, WAY better defended. props to keineng for that cart placement. My golem dropped from 77,000 health to 8,000 real fast. By the time my team capped it I was at 1,400 health and desided to leave the golem behind. Really good show.

Then the real fun began. We had several of our top commanders on board. Me, Zendraya Ashwood(think i misspelled, please dont be mad. its why i usually just call you zen) and Peig from red, and even Chris will count in the list (Barely. As I tell people he is a great fighter but a poor leader) all assaulted Bay. It was the most heavily defended I had ever seen it, and defence is my area of expertise, we had 4 trebs hitting it and I believe 2 cats but you guys repaired is so fast. We kept holding our ground even with Chris insisting that our plan was a failure. (You still owe me an appology btw =P and no commander emblem for the rest of the week) After I tempted chris to calm down with a dance (By now a lot of armor had broken so it was a strip-dance) we broke through. The defense kinda fell apart after that. In the end I was stark nude except for my shoulders and hands, but bay was ours. An excellent fight. =D

Then the utter failure on our part. The long, long struggle to take redvale. So much siege it was obvious you didnt want to lose it. And so close to your spawn you just ran back when we killed you in no time, we on the other hand had quite the hike. I found a week spot in your deffense pretty quickly, if you ran through the gate, ignored the shots you took, and went straight to the right there was no siege hitting you. I instantly told my foces to head there and get ready for a charge on the inner siege. But found out too late I was alone in it, and after i had fallen there you guys set up siege to cut off that path too. Everyone was too focused on the siege up top and waisted our time fighting it. In the end we took Rebrair before the camp and im not sure how the camp fell, had to spawn before then and didnt make it back in time, but it was probably a lot harder way then the one I saw. Anyway that was yet another fun fight =D

Hope tomorrow is just as good, and that we can keep all of our BL through the night. Now if you’ll excuse me i gtg to bed (yawn)

Attachments:

(edited by BlackmagicKota.8724)

in WvW

BlackmagicKota.8724

lol if you look at pic #6, the one of me waving in the lord’s room, you can see a guy named stalker barely in the background. Gasmic, what the hell kind of guild are you running man? lol im practically naked for crying out loud!

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

Silly Kainengs…You can’t be sneaky with PRO!

http://imageshack.us/a/img411/7871/gw013k.jpg
(trying to sneak into the hills fort on kains BL to get the orb)

Anyways, I’m off to bed.. I am not the one to stay up till 3am, but I did anyways and took over quite a bit, great night. I’m scared to press B in the morning.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

(edited by Sirenic.4275)

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I’ve never been a fair weather player, but more and more often I don’t feel the urge to play WvW because I know if I go to any BL I will see a torch with Outmanned bonus and a map full of red and blue. I didn’t even go to WvW once this week so far. With the rapidly decreasing numbers in Ferg, seems like nothing gets done. Now in addition to that, our biggest guild is gone, leaving only a medium sized guild with literally 2 commanders on the entire server. It’s all kind of depressing really, but I still don’t plan on transferring out.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Yesterday was fantastic in Devona’s borderland. We controlled so much land and the orb for so long, it was flat out fun, even though we eventually did lose. And Redvale made it a Pyrrhic victory for some players. :p

Hope everyone had fun yesterday! [KAIN] may be doing more borderland shenanigans later this week.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in WvW

Posted by: KuraKaze.2314

KuraKaze.2314

Wow, First time using these forums. I hope you kaineng guys were given a good laugh at our golem army this morning. We had as much fun as you guys did finally taking us down xD!

Commander Zendaya Ashwood
Spys Sappin Mah Guild Name! [Red]

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

Thanks for a great weekend of battles everyone. Man, Kain you guys are like army ants, everywhere we go you are there Good job!

Thank you also Phizyn for letting me be apart of your guild. Look forward to having even more fun with you guys now. oh and PVE…pfffft, I reported the candy corn nodes in WvW as a glitch. They need to go LOL, messin my killin up with Holidays how dare they!

A few other commanders I ran with this weekend really caught my attention and proved they know their stuff.

Kota, Pieg, Itsara…(hope I spelled those right guys and sorry if I didnt) Much respect to you guys!

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Meh, I miss all 3 of our servers being neck and neck on the tick chart. I feel loke Ferg, long time rival of both DR and Kain, is a bit demoralized with the loss of their manpower due to fair weather players dipping.

Just know guys, that both DR and Kain have been there. It’s not permanent. Get your groups together, run small tactical assaults and defenses. You’ll wipe a lot, it’ll be frustrating, but you guys will create more organization and cooperation on your server. Big guilds aren’t the only way to WvW, I’m currently trying to do the same with my small guild.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Darek.1836

It’s not very fun running around repeatedly capping undefended camps and eventually just running into a Zerg 3x bigger than your group at least.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

It’s not very fun running around repeatedly capping undefended camps and eventually just running into a Zerg 3x bigger than your group at least.

It’s not very fun doing that if you’re not prepared to run into the zerg. Make groups that are built for wrecking zergs and build up coordination within them. It only takes 10 people and you can wipe out 2-4x your number with the element of surprise and skill/coordination. WvW isn’t all about zerg groups and you can win fights you are outnumbered in as long as it’s not 10vs70. You have to remember that after you cap the undefended camp, their isn’t only one option – leave. Setup shop and make a meat grinder of a choke point. You can hold some supply camps easily with under 10 people and a couple ballistas/arrow carts against 30 people.

Don’t lose hope because you’re losing numbers. Adapt and try to have fun with what you have and pitch in to help rebuild your community.

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Why can I kill tons of Dev n Kain on my Mesmer, and no one has ever bowed to me ever if I finally get zerged and die. But I log on my alt thief 1 day in months, and I get in 1 good fight, then get zerged, and the rezzed guys all come back and bow.
Truly, thank you to those who did, I never get that in return. But honestly… do people just hate mesmers that much?

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

I would bow to your mes much faster than your blankety blank thief lol (and yes I am butt-hurt about theives)

I try to bow whenever someone plays well against me. Part of the fun…

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Balidore.2790

Right? lol. That’s my thoughts, mesmer is 10 times more difficult to play, yet my only bow from anyone ever, is my first time on my thief in months. And I’m much better on my mesmer than my crap armor, half spec’d thief, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4OPhT6xTM4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4xzVcJuiLI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rZ-h0UgaQw

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Darek.1836

It’s not very fun doing that if you’re not prepared to run into the zerg. Make groups that are built for wrecking zergs and build up coordination within them. It only takes 10 people and you can wipe out 2-4x your number with the element of surprise and skill/coordination. WvW isn’t all about zerg groups and you can win fights you are outnumbered in as long as it’s not 10vs70. You have to remember that after you cap the undefended camp, their isn’t only one option – leave. Setup shop and make a meat grinder of a choke point. You can hold some supply camps easily with under 10 people and a couple ballistas/arrow carts against 30 people.

Don’t lose hope because you’re losing numbers. Adapt and try to have fun with what you have and pitch in to help rebuild your community.

Been there, done that. The problem is no matter what supply camp you’re defending there’s always a treb who will blow the kitten out of your siege. Sure, it’s fun for the 20 minutes that you can hold the other team off, but the fact that we buy 2G worth of upgrades and siege for such little fun is pretty stupid.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

@Darek

No one would judge you if you left Ferg, if the numbers are that low. Players that strive to be active in WvW should be happy and go where the “fun” is. Heck, maybe leaving a server to prove a point to Anet about these transfers for free and decimating a population is the point that they need to see. I actually found some raw data somewhere where transfers are supposed to be costing 500 gems to go to low pop, 1000 for med pop, and 1800 for high pop servers. So that’s like between 7 to 25 bucks to transfer per person. There are many out there that probably would pay, but there’s a lot of there that wouldn’t or couldn’t.

No matter what anyone says about the “pride” of their community, home is where the heart is. And, if you’re heart isn’t into WvW because of lack of population, then find a home with one of your rival servers where you semi know the types of players that are already there. This way you’re still in your overall community (being this tier).

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rhett.9360

Lord Rhett.9360

I actually enjoy the presence of Ferg guys most of the time. With the exception of the jerks in the jumping puzzles, Ferg is generally a pretty solid, honorable, sportsmanlike server. They don’t go stomping me when I’m all by myself; they wait for relatively even odds and then respectfully admit defeat instead of crying to mommy and coming back with big brothers to beat up the bully that hurt him. (That’s kind of a weird metaphor… basically, every Kain guy I kill comes back shortly after with a Zerg to overkill me, and then dance on my corpse).

My Little Dolyak: Supply is Magic

in WvW

Posted by: SkyOtter.8632

SkyOtter.8632

Yah, its been a sad last few weeks on Ferg. We went from having frequent 100% caps a month ago to being the worst of the low pop servers

I just solo around on my thief, capturing sentry pts, killing yaks and the occasional group of 1-3 ppl, but beyond that, there isn’t much to do.

SANC got mad that they couldn’t zerg their way to victory, so they’re gone now. Hopefully we’ll get a guild that’s actually good at WvW to transfer over. There is tons of opportunity ^^

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

@Zats.2308

Excuse me? Orb hack?

Please elaborate? Where is this proof?

PRO and others in Kains BL right now, took the orb from you WHILE you were moving it towards a keep. You pretty much brought it to us. We killed you and simply just took it. We didn’t even have a keep at the time, so we took hills where we killed the orb carrier, and held the orb for a good 8 minutes until PRO/others took the keep and then we put the orb in and continued taking over the map.

Don’t accuse someone of hacking. You are the ones with one idiot on the server moving the orb from garrison to the hills for no reason.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

(edited by Sirenic.4275)

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I have never seen somone in RED do something like orb hack…

As for PRO jury’s still out, but he’s kicked one person out for hacking and another for spying so PM him the account name of the person doing it and let him look into it.

ALso its not idiotic to move the orb when the alter gets blown by the quaggan storm, as the alter wont spawn till the orb resets. It is a bit silly to move it alone without scouting.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

^ That is exactly what happened draygo. The altar was broken, we saw someone moving it to the hills, we cut them off.. took over the hills and put the orb in it.

I wish I had taken pics but we did not hack.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

(edited by Sirenic.4275)

in WvW

Draygo.9473

I believe you. I just dont have a personal judgement about your guild. You have HAD a hacker, but you also did the right thing and removed him from the guild.

Some people level accusations without any proof and this might be that case more than any other.

Also fun fights with you guys last night. Stopped a mesmer portal attempt into Sharaden Hills (legit, you guys broke the door down earlier with RED and hid a mesmer in the keep, we didnt sweep at that moment, but we resweeped later and caught ya). Kinda a fun fight started with me and my guardian buddy getting pulled down fighting on that small ledge against two mesmers and a warrior (or guardian, i forget :P). Downed one of your mesmers, then i got pulled off and ran around. our guardian fought for a while but was killed a bit later then I fought up top against your mesmer when 2 more of my guild mates arrived then we routed what you had left.

The small fights make everything worth it.

Oh and we wouldnt have thought to sweep for mesmers if we didnt kill a MGM guy moments earlier in the pass below the keep. So he inadvertantly killed your cover.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Sirenic.4275

Good fights so far Kain.

Ferg tried to take some stuff but after we took their tower, their like FUDGE THAT… and moved to eternal lol.

PRO is having fun in Kains BL though.

Leader of Protocol [PRO]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Stop nooncapping me!(

Seems to me that we have strong point gains in primetime and morning and DR is winning the night→morning/noon→primetime slots.

Kinda an odd balance.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]